Actors & Actresses Rankdowns 2.0 (Winner Posted)

Steven_

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

23 minutes ago, QueenKalie said:

Yeah that is a better movie than Catch Me if You Can but this was a fun movie too I think.

But you ranked Catch Me If You Can higher than The Wolf of Wall Street in the Leo round. 😅

13 minutes ago, Steven_ said:

But you ranked Catch Me If You Can higher than The Wolf of Wall Street in the Leo round. 😅

Did I? :dead: I do like them both though but yeah Wolf is probably better.

Edited by QueenKalie

7 minutes ago, Steven_ said:

2 minutes ago, QueenKalie said:

Did I? :dead: I do like them both though but yeah Wolf if probably better.

chicago blackhawks hockey GIF

15. RYAN GOSLING

tumblr_mgkoei0xgT1r31cpxo1_500.gif

1zg&pid=ImgRaw

Dean Pereira - Blue Valentine (2010)

Film Synopsis: Dean (Ryan Gosling) and Cindy (Michelle Williams) live a quiet life in a modest neighborhood. To the casual observer, everything appears normal, if a bit subdued. But a closer examination reveals a couple caught in a downward spiral. They appear to have the world at their feet at the outset of the relationship. However, his lack of ambition and her retreat into self-absorption cause potentially irreversible cracks in their marriage. The film shifts back and forth in time between their courtship and the dissolution of their marriage several years later. According to Rotten Tomatoes, "This emotionally gripping examination of a marriage on the rocks isn't always easy to watch, but Michelle Williams and Ryan Gosling give performances of unusual depth and power." Ryan Gosling was nominated for Best Actor in a Drama at the Golden Globes for this role.

STEVEN: 4

ELLIOTT: 5
ALEX: 8

REI: 14

WALLACE: 14
GIGI: 15

CHRIS: 16

DEREK: 16

QK: 17

TOM: 18

STEVEN

Blue Valentine is such a bleak movie, but the performances from Ryan Gosling and Michelle Williams make it worth watching. They are so impressive here, and Ryan brings a lot of depth to the role as a hopeless romantic lacking ambition. You can't help but feel for both characters by the time everything falls apart at the end. It's a gripping performance, and a worthy winner for Ryan.

ELLIOTT

Such a dark, depressing tale and Ryan nails this role.

ALEX

His best performance. Scary and romantic at the same time. Easily should've been nominated for an Oscar, hell should've won.

REI

Really good. Terrible character though.

WALLACE

I really like Ryan….but don’t know this movie so ranking this lower than I thought i would have. I would have preferred some other roles to be represented for him instead.

GIGI

Blue Valentine is one of my types of movies.

CHRIS

Ryan is very good in this, although not my favourite of his.

DEREK

I have to admit that I'm not big on Ryan Gosling. I don't dislike him, but he's never been a big draw for me to watch a movie. This movie is.... I guess a worthy winner for his mini-rankdown. But I think he won the Actor rankdown or something so I'm going to tank him a bit. Love you, Steven.

QK

I definitely would not have ranked him #1 in the actors rankdown as he hasn't been in anything that I liked.

TOM

I didn't watch this for the write ups in the films rankdown and I still won't. It will hit too close to home for me.

• Steven_ changed the title to Actors & Actresses Rankdowns 2.0 (#15 Posted)
14 hours ago, 1234567890 said:

@.Rei’s write-up.

Go Away Reaction GIF

Leo is a fine actor but not one that I feel connected to.

And while I love Catch me if you can, his performance is not OMG Wow and could have been easily done by any other actor 🤷‍♂️

3 hours ago, .Rei said:

Leo is a fine actor but not one that I feel connected to.

And while I love Catch me if you can, his performance is not OMG Wow and could have been easily done by any other actor 🤷‍♂️

I'm not complaining about that. :haha: I just don't think it's Leo's best role like you mentioned at all. 😛

• Steven_ changed the title to Actors & Actresses Rankdowns 2.0 (Winner Posted)