Actors & Actresses Rankdowns 2.0 (Winner Posted)

15. CHARLIE WHITNEY TUCKER - STATE OF AFFAIRS (2014)

Series Synopsis: A CIA officer plucked from the field to become the president's daily briefer, assuming responsibility for targeting America's most critical threats while navigating the unique lifestyle that comes with such a high-powered job.

CHRIS: 9

DIANA: 11

DEREK: 12

ELLIOTT: 15

GIGI: 15

14. JACKIE LAUREL - JACKIE & RYAN (2014)

Film Synopsis: A chance encounter leads to romance between a down-and-out, former country-music star (Katherine Heigl) and a guitar-strumming drifter (Ben Barnes).

DEREK: 10

GIGI: 10

DIANA: 12

ELLIOTT: 13

CHRIS: 14

13. SADIE ELLIS - DOUBT (2017)

Series Synopsis: A successful defense lawyer at a boutique firm becomes romantically involved with a client who may or may not be guilty of a brutal crime.

CHRIS: 8

DEREK: 11

ELLIOTT: 11

DIANA: 14

GIGI: 14

12. TESSA CONNOVER - UNFORGETTABLE (2017)

Film Synopsis: Barely coping with the end of her marriage, Tessa Connover learns that her ex-husband, David, is now happily engaged to Julia. Trying to settle into her new life, Julia believes she has finally met the man of her dreams, the man who can help her forget her troubled past. Soon, Tessa's jealousy starts to consume her, and she will stop at nothing to turn Julia's paradise into the ultimate nightmare.

DEREK: 8

DIANA: 9

GIGI: 12

CHRIS: 13

ELLIOTT: 14

11. SAMANTHA WHEELER - SUITS (2018)

Series Synopsis: Suits is set at a fictional New York City law firm and follows talented college dropout Mike Ross (Patrick J. Adams), who starts working as a law associate for Harvey Specter (Gabriel Macht) despite never having attended law school. The show focuses on Harvey and Mike closing cases, while maintaining Mike's secret. Katherine Heigl joined for season 8 and season 9. Her character is described as a "talented new partner at Specter Litt, previously known as Robert Zane's 'right-hand man,' who challenges the status quo and later becomes a named partner at Zane Specter Litt Wheeler Williams and finally Litt Wheeler Williams Bennett.

CHRIS: 7

DEREK: 7

ELLIOTT: 12

GIGI: 13

DIANA: 15

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Advancing Activia Commercial!

Advancing The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air.

Advancing The House Bunny

Posted Images

10. MICHELLE BURROUGHS - FEAR OF RAIN (2021)

Film Synopsis: Rain has early-onset schizophrenia, a condition that not only causes her to see vivid hallucinations, but also puts a strain on her parents. When she meets Caleb, a charmingly awkward new student at school, she finally feels she has a lifeline to normalcy. But as Rain starts to suspect that her neighbor kidnapped a child, she must soon figure out who and what is real while also battling the overwhelming forces that haunt her daily life. Katherine Heigl plays Rain's mother.

DEREK: 4

ELLIOTT: 8

GIGI: 11

DIANA: 13

CHRIS: 15

9. JENNY FARRELL - JENNY'S WEDDING (2015)

Film Synopsis: Jenny Farrell has led an openly gay life, except with her conventional family. When she finally decides to start a family and marry the woman they thought was just her roommate, the small, safe world the Farrells inhabited changes forever.

DIANA: 8

ELLIOTT: 9

GIGI: 9

CHRIS: 12

DEREK: 13

8. JADE KINCAID - BRIDE OF CHUCKY (1998)

Film Synopsis: After being cut apart by the police, killer doll Chucky (Brad Dourif) is resurrected by Tiffany (Jennifer Tilly), an ex-girlfriend of the serial murderer whose soul is inside the toy. Following an argument, Chucky kills Tiffany and transfers her soul into a bride doll. To find the magical amulet that can restore them both to human form, Chucky and Tiffany arrange to be driven to New Jersey by Jesse (Nick Stabile) and Jade (Katherine Heigl), who are unaware that their cargo is alive.

ELLIOTT: 5 - Love this film but she was the worst aspect of it, sorry not sorry.

GIGI: 7

DEREK: 9

CHRIS: 10

DIANA: 10

7. ABBY RICHTER - THE UGLY TRUTH (2009)

Film Synopsis: Abby Richter (Katherine Heigl) is a lovelorn TV producer who, despite a long and arduous search for the perfect mate, is hopelessly single. The battle of the sexes heats up when her employers team her up with Mike Chadway (Gerard Butler), an opinionated TV celebrity who plans to put Abby through the wringer to prove his own theories about what makes men and women tick.

CHRIS: 3

GIGI: 6

DIANA: 7

ELLIOTT: 10

DEREK: 15

6. HOLLY BERENSON - LIFE AS WE KNOW IT (2010)

Film Synopsis: After a disastrous first date, the only things Holly Berenson (Katherine Heigl) and Eric Messer (Josh Duhamel) have in common are mutual dislike and their love for their goddaughter, Sophie. When they unexpectedly become her caretakers, Holly and Eric have to put aside their differences and learn to work together for the sake of the child. Juggling competing career and social commitments, Holly and Eric look for common ground while living under the same roof.

CHRIS: 4

DIANA: 4

ELLIOTT: 7 - Default ranking.

GIGI: 8

DEREK: 14

5. ALEXIA WHEATON - WISH UPON A STAR (1996)

Film Synopsis: After a brainy tomboy's (Danielle Harris) wish to trade places with her pretty, popular sister (Katherine Heigl), it comes true.

GIGI: 1

ELLIOTT: 3 - Danielle Harris loyalty.

DEREK: 5

DIANA: 6

CHRIS: 11

4. ISABEL EVANS - ROSWELL (1999)

Series Synopsis: The lives of three young alien/human hybrids with extraordinary gifts in Roswell. Katherine Heigl plays Isabel, Max's sister who struggles to fit in caring the secret of her alien existence. Max is another main character. He is the leader of the Royal Four with the power to heal.

ELLIOTT: 1 - One of my favourite shows growing up. ❤️ Dido having the theme song. ❤️ We'll just ignore I haven't watched any of the reboot even though it stars Queenine Mason.

DEREK: 2

GIGI: 4

DIANA: 5

CHRIS: 6

3. JANE NICHOLS - 27 DRESSES (2008)

Film Synopsis: Perennial bridesmaid Jane (Katherine Heigl) always puts the needs of others before her own, making her the go-to gal whenever someone needs help with wedding plans. So when Jane's younger sister Tess (Malin Akerman) snags the man (Edward Burns) Jane secretly loves, Jane finds herself questioning her role as a wedding junkie for the first time in her life. Meanwhile, a handsome reporter (James Marsden) sees Jane's unusual story as his ticket off the bridal beat.

DIANA: 1

CHRIS: 2

GIGI: 3

DEREK: 6

ELLIOTT: 6 - Default ranking.

2. ALISON SCOTT - KNOCKED UP (2007)

Film Synopsis: Rising journalist Alison Scott (Katherine Heigl) hits a serious bump in the road after a one-night stand with irresponsible slacker Ben Stone (Seth Rogen) results in pregnancy. Rather than raise the baby on her own, she decides to give Ben a chance to prove he is father material. However, he is unsure if he is ready to be a parent, and both wonder if they would be compatible lifetime partners.

GIGI: 2

DEREK: 3

DIANA: 3

ELLIOTT: 4 - It was enjoyable. I haven't seen it in forever, so I'm not sure if I'd still find it good or not.

CHRIS: 5

1. DR. IZZIE STEVENS - GREY'S ANATOMY (2005)

Series Synopsis: The series revolves around the title character, Dr. Meredith Grey, played by Ellen Pompeo. Grey is first featured as an intern and later becomes the chief of general surgery, all the while exploring the ups and downs of a surgeon's life. Katherine Heigl played Izzie from 2005 - 2010. Introduced as a surgical intern at the fictional Seattle Grace Hospital, Izzie worked her way up to resident level, while her relationships with her colleagues Meredith Grey (Ellen Pompeo), Cristina Yang (Sandra Oh), Alex Karev (Justin Chambers) and George O'Malley (T. R. Knight) formed a focal point of the series. Heigl garnered high critical acclaim for her performance as Izzie and received numerous awards and nominations for her role, winning the Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Drama Series at the 59th Primetime Emmy Awards in 2007.

CHRIS: 1

DEREK: 1

DIANA: 2

ELLIOTT: 2 - This show is still on????? I was reading about the plot for the current season and... girl.

GIGI: 5

All right, that was the last round. Since there are no more requests, I'll open the voting to determine the rest of the Top 20 tomorrow. And then soon afterwards there'll be a vote for an overall winner.

10 hours ago, FrogLenzen said:

omg, Diana not ranking Grey's Anatomy #1?!? 

I hope you are still happy with the result!!! ❤️

Its #1 in my heart but I thought people would tank 27 dresses so I wanted to counter act that. :dead:

11 hours ago, Steven_ said:

5. ALEXIA WHEATON - WISH UPON A STAR (1996)

Film Synopsis: After a brainy tomboy's (Danielle Harris) wish to trade places with her pretty, popular sister (Katherine Heigl), it comes true.

Excuse me, the plot of the movie was that they BOTH wished (on a falling star) to swap places.

5 minutes ago, Elliott said:

Excuse me, the plot of the movie was that they BOTH wished (on a falling star) to swap places.

I just copied the synopsis from Google. 😅

BEST ACTOR NOMINEES

tumblr_mwcz0vIejH1rjxfbno1_500.gifv

Joseph Gordon-Levitt - 500 Days of Summer (2009)

giphy.gif

Nicholas Hoult - The Favourite (2018)

giphy.gif 

Heath Ledger - The Dark Knight (2008)

giphy.gif

Joaquin Phoenix - The Master (2012)

tumblr_na66i2fxCW1r93jsro5_500.gif

Robin Williams - Good Will Hunting (1997)

BEST ACTRESS NOMINEES

1*btxw9VFT0Zl_C5G-NvIJcQ.gif

Amy Adams - Arrival (2016)

e691b9acc1575fa22b3bd6b9c6e98070.gif

Sandra Bullock - Miss Congeniality (2000)

AZ7d.gif

Katherine Heigl - Grey's Anatomy (2005)

Anna+Kendrick+Up+in+the+Air.gif

Anna Kendrick - Up in the Air (2009)

IcyCraftyHarvestmouse-max-1mb.gif

Lindsay Lohan - Mean Girls (2004)

fe303274930b626a556e8912447c238e.gif

Sandra Oh - Killing Eve (2018)

BewitchedAcclaimedBighorn-small.gif

Emma Stone - Easy A (2010)

tumblr_nd7453RKbg1rxmai6o7_r1_500.gif

Charlize Theron - Monster (2003)

SEMIFINAL VOTE II

Before we proceed to the final vote, there will be a vote to determine which actresses from this second group will advance to the Top 20. 10 men and 10 women will make up the final group where one of them will ultimately be crowned the winner.

The Top 5 men and Top 5 women from each group will advance to the Final 20. Since only five men were requested, those five will automatically advance. So for this round, only send me a ranking of the Group 2 women.

Rankers who participated in any rounds are eligible to submit a ranking. In addition, don't send any comments or write-ups with your rankings. The deadline is Monday, April 5th at 11:59 p.m. There will be no extensions for anyone.

If you have any questions, then let me know.

On 11/16/2020 at 10:23 AM, Steven_ said:

RESULTS

1. ???? - 1.6

2. ???? - 2.8

3. ???? - 3.3

4. ???? - 4.5

4. ???? - 4.5

6. Ryan Reynolds - 5.5

7. Zac Efron - 5.6

1. ???? - 3.5

2. ???? - 3.6

3. ???? - 4.2

4. ???? - 4.5

5. ???? - 5

6. Brie Larson - 5.8

7. Megan Mullally - 6.3

8. Neve Campbell - 6.6

9. Jamie Lee Curtis - 7

10. Tessa Thompson - 8.3

After the vote, Jake Gyllenhaal, Kate Winslet, Leonardo DiCaprio, Meryl Streep, Natalie Portman, Rachel McAdams, Ryan Gosling, Tom Hanks, Viola Davis, and Will Smith advance to the Top 20. I'm not revealing where they placed in the vote just yet to not influence the way voters will rank them for the final rankings.

Thank you to Alex, Derek, Rei, Dee, Wallace, and Chris for voting.

This was the result of the Group 1 votes.

2 minutes ago, *Diana said:

Wait what :dead:

Send a ranking of the eight actresses from Group 2. The Top 5 will advance.

I would've had a vote for the men too, but we didn't get any more requests. 

• Like 1
  • Steven_ changed the title to Actors & Actresses Rankdowns 2.0 (Semifinal Vote Now Open)

The goal of this game was to make a Top 20, with 10 performances by actors and 10 performances by actresses.

The game was split into 2 rounds. Rankers each had the chance request one actor or actress once per round to do a mini-rankdown. A lot of rankers only requested in one of the two rounds, which is a bummer. The mini-rankdowns decided which performance by the actor or actress would be eligible for the Top 20.

To make the Top 20, we were taking 5 performances by actors and 5 performances by actresses from each of the 2 rounds.

After round 1, there were 7 actors and 10 actresses. We had a vote/ranking to put through 5 performances by actors and 5 performances by actresses.

Now we are done with round 2. There were 5 actors and 8 actresses in round 2. Now we are voting/ranking to put through 5 performances by actors and 5 performances by actresses from round 2. We already have our 5 actors by default.

To decide which 5 of the 8 performances by actresses in round 2 are moving on to the Top 20, we get to rank the 8 performances by actresses from round 2.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Steven_ changed the title to Actors & Actresses Rankdowns 2.0 (Winner Posted)