Actors & Actresses Rankdowns 2.0 (Winner Posted)

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Advancing Activia Commercial!

Advancing The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air.

Advancing The House Bunny

Posted Images

Posted (edited)

15. POPEYE - POPEYE (1980)

Film Synopsis: Looking for the father (Ray Walston) who deserted him as a baby, a sailor named Popeye (Robin Williams) journeys to the port town of Sweethaven. Popeye befriends an assortment of eccentrics and falls in love with Olive Oyl (Shelley Duvall), who already has a suitor, the bully Bluto (Paul L. Smith). Popeye also discovers an abandoned baby, Swee'Pea, whom he raises as his own. But when the spurned Bluto kidnaps Olive and the child, Popeye takes action, with the help of his magic spinach.

DIANA: 10

VICTORIA: 10

QK: 11 - Meh.

STEVEN: 11 - I know I saw this movie before, but I can't remember anything about it now. It seemed silly but not too bad based on the clips I just watched.

DEREK: 13

ALEX: 15 - I can't say Robin Williams comes to my mind when I think of Popeye.

CHRIS: 15

ELLIOTT: 15

14. DR. MALCOLM SAYER - AWAKENINGS (1990)

Film Synopsis: The story of a doctor's extraordinary work in the Sixties with a group of catatonic patients he finds languishing in a Bronx hospital. Speculating that their rigidity may be akin to an extreme form of Parkinsonism, he seeks permission from his skeptical superiors to treat them with L-dopa, a drug that was used to treat Parkinson's disease at the time.

DIANA: 8

QK: 10 - Meh.

ALEX: 11 - I never saw it, but it looks ok.

DEREK: 11

ELLIOTT: 12

CHRIS: 13

VICTORIA: 13

STEVEN: 15 - I never heard of this movie before. Based on the clips, I can't say it's a film I would be interested in watching.

13. SIMON ROBERTS - THE CRAZY ONES (2013)

Series Synopsis: Robin Williams returns to series television in The Crazy Ones, a single-camera workplace comedy about a larger-than-life advertising genius whose unorthodox methods and unpredictable behavior would get him fired... if he weren't the boss. Simon Roberts is the head of a powerful agency, with the biggest clients and brands in the world, but even more important to him is that his daughter Sydney is by his side. As his partner, Sydney is Simon's exact opposite - focused, organized and eager to make a name for herself, but also too busy parenting her father, which she'd resent if he wasn't so brilliant at what he does. Joining them in the firm are the dashing and talented Zach; art director Andrew, who's as hard-working as he is neurotic; and the beautiful and deceptively smart assistant Lauren. With his team and his daughter behind him, Simon continues to set the advertising world on fire, and it looks like they are definitely buying what these crazy ones are selling.

STEVEN: 4 - It's a shame The Crazy Ones only lasted one season. It was a funny show with a great cast.

CHRIS: 10

DIANA: 11

ELLIOTT: 11

ALEX: 13 - I never saw it. Sad this was one of Robin Williams final roles :(.

DEREK: 14

QK: 14 - I am just not familiar with this one.

VICTORIA: 15

12. OSRIC - HAMLET (1996)

Film Synopsis: In the only unabridged film version of the classic play, here updated to the 19th century, Prince Hamlet (Kenneth Branagh) is traumatized by the revelation that his father was murdered by the present king, Claudius (Derek Jacobi), with the aid of Hamlet's mother, Gertrude (Julie Christie). Hamlet considers a plot for revenge and mistakenly kills Polonius (Richard Briers), the father of his love, Ophelia (Kate Winslet), causing a chain reaction that leads to a climactic and tragic ending. Robin Williams plays Osric, the Elsinore courtier sent by Claudius to invite Hamlet to participate in the duel with Laertes.

DIANA: 7

DEREK: 9

ALEX: 10 - Never one of my favorite Shakespeare plays. Never saw the movie.

CHRIS: 12

QK: 12 - Never watched this movie but I know the play of course.

STEVEN: 12 - Robin Williams isn't in it much, so that's why I ranked it pretty low.

ELLIOTT: 14

VICTORIA: 14

11. PROFESSOR PHILIP BRAINARD - FLUBBER (1997)

Film Synopsis: Professor Philip Brainard (Robin Williams) is experimenting with new kinds of energy, and he thinks this project will save struggling Medfield College, where his girlfriend, Sara (Marcia Gay Harden), is president. But when he discovers a lively, rubber-like substance dubbed "flubber," he gets so excited, he absent-mindedly misses his own wedding. Sara dumps him, so he tries to use his discovery to win her back; unfortunately, the mischievous flubber seems to have a mind of its own.

ELLIOTT: 3

ALEX: 7 - Yeah! Flubber's cute! Sue me!

VICTORIA: 7

CHRIS: 9

DIANA: 14

STEVEN: 14 - I don't remember everything about this movie, but I recall not liking it much as a kid. So, I doubt it's a movie I'd enjoy if I were to watch it again now.

DEREK: 15

QK: 15 - Sorry not sorry about this ranking lol.

Edited by Steven_

10. WALTER FINCH - INSOMNIA (2002)

Film Synopsis: From acclaimed director Chris Nolan ("Memento") comes the story of a veteran police detective (Al Pacino) who is sent to a small Alaskan town to investigate the murder of a teenage girl. Forced into a psychological game of cat-and-mouse by the primary suspect (Robin Williams), events escalate and the detective finds his own stability dangerously threatened.

ELLIOTT: 6

QK: 7 - The top 7 is hard for me to rank since they are all great.

ALEX: 8 - Nolan is very hit or miss for me. I haven't seen it but I'll give it the benefit of the doubt.

DEREK: 8

CHRIS: 11

VICTORIA: 11

STEVEN: 13 - I haven't seen this film, but it seems interesting.

DIANA: 15

9. PETER BANNING / PETER PAN - HOOK (1991)

Film Synopsis: When his young children are abducted by his old nemesis, Capt. Hook (Dustin Hoffman), middle-aged lawyer Peter Banning (Robin Williams) returns to his magical origins as Peter Pan. Peter must revisit a foggy past in which he abandoned Neverland for family life, leaving Tinkerbell (Julia Roberts) and the Lost Boys to fend for themselves. Given their bitterness toward Peter for growing up -- and their allegiance to their new leader, Rufio -- the old gang may not be happy to see him.

STEVEN: 2 - I didn't realize this movie was so unpopular. It was one of my favorite films as a kid.

DIANA: 6

ELLIOTT: 9

QK: 9 - Not a great movie but nostalgic for me.

VICTORIA: 9

DEREK: 12

ALEX: 14 - I never saw it, I didn't think this would be the controversial pick in the top 15 though :haha:.

CHRIS: 14

8. MORK - MORK & MINDY (1978)

Series Synopsis: A spin-off after a highly successful episode of Happy Days, it starred Robin Williams as Mork, an extraterrestrial who comes to Earth from the planet Ork in a small, one-Orkan egg-shaped spaceship and Pam Dawber as Mindy McConnell, his human friend and roommate, and later his wife and the mother of his child. Robin Williams was nominated for an Emmy for this role, and he won a Golden Globe for Best Actor in a Television Series - Musical or Comedy for this role.

ALEX: 5 - I've seen a few episodes here and there. I don't have a soft spot for it or anything, but it's a classic!

CHRIS: 5 - Feel this one will get many low rankings so ranking it a bit higher than I normally would have.

VICTORIA: 6

ELLIOTT: 8

DEREK: 10

STEVEN: 10 - I've seen some Happy Days episodes, but I never got around to watching Mork & Mindy. I know it's a classic though.

DIANA: 12

QK: 13 - I have heard about this but I never watched it.

7. ADRIAN CRONAUER - GOOD MORNING, VIETNAM (1987)

Film Synopsis: Radio funny man Adrian Cronauer (Robin Williams) is sent to Vietnam to bring a little comedy back into the lives of the soldiers. After setting up shop, Cronauer delights the G.I.s but shocks his superior officer, Sergeant Major Dickerson (J.T. Walsh), with his irreverent take on the war. While Dickerson attempts to censor Cronauer's broadcasts, Cronauer pursues a relationship with a Vietnamese girl named Trinh (Chintara Sukapatana), who shows him the horrors of war first-hand. Robin Williams was nominated for an Oscar for Best Actor for this role, and he won a Golden Globe for Best Actor in a Motion Picture - Musical or Comedy for this role.

CHRIS: 2
ALEX: 4 - Brilliant performance and a major breakthrough for Robin Williams' career.

DEREK: 5

QK: 6 - Another really good movie but this is a fair place for it I think.

ELLIOTT: 7

STEVEN: 8 - Excellent performance from Robin Williams!

VICTORIA: 12
DIANA: 13

6. DANIEL HILLARD / EUPHEGENIA DOUBTFIRE - MRS. DOUBTFIRE (1993)

Film Synopsis: Troubled that he has little access to his children, divorced Daniel Hillard (Robin Williams) hatches an elaborate plan. With help from his creative brother Frank (Harvey Fierstein), he dresses as an older British woman and convinces his ex-wife, Miranda (Sally Field), to hire him as a nanny. "Mrs. Doubtfire" wins over the children and helps Daniel become a better parent -- but when both Daniel and his nanny persona must meet different parties at the same restaurant, his secrets may be exposed. Robin Williams won a Golden Globe for Best Actor in a Motion Picture - Musical or Comedy for this role.

VICTORIA: 4
DIANA: 5

ELLIOTT: 5

QK: 5 - Funny movie that I watched when I was young but I haven't seen it in forever.

CHRIS: 6

DEREK: 6

STEVEN: 9 - I remember liking this movie well enough, but it's been a long time since I've watched it.

ALEX: 12 - It's a c00t movie I guess. Never really appealed to me.

5. ARMAND GOLDMAN - THE BIRDCAGE (1996)

Film Synopsis: In this remake of the classic French farce "La Cage aux Folles," engaged couple Val Goldman (Dan Futterman) and Barbara Keeley (Calista Flockhart) shakily introduce their future in-laws. Val's father, Armand (Robin Williams), a gay Miami drag club owner, pretends to be straight and attempts to hide his relationship with Albert (Nathan Lane), his life partner and the club's flamboyant star attraction, so as to please Barbara's father, controversial Republican Sen. Kevin Keeley (Gene Hackman). The Birdcage won the 1997 SAG Award for Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble Cast in a Motion Picture.

ALEX: 1 - An iconic brilliant movie and performance! While this is Nathan Lane's movie through and through, I forever stan everyone involved in this except his AWFUL SON WHO DID NOT DESERVE SUCH A LOVING AND AMAZING FAMILY.

CHRIS: 3 - I have a feeling this one will be underrated among the rankers, and it is an underrated movie of the iconic "La Cage aux Folles" musical.

DEREK: 4

VICTORIA: 5

STEVEN: 7 - Very funny movie!

QK: 8 - I am pretty sure I watched this awhile ago and remember it being good.

DIANA: 9

ELLIOTT: 13

4. ALAN PARRISH - JUMANJI (1995)

Film Synopsis: A magical board game unleashes a world of adventure on siblings Peter (Bradley Pierce) and Judy Shepherd (Kirsten Dunst). While exploring an old mansion, the youngsters find a curious, jungle-themed game called Jumanji in the attic. When they start playing, they free Alan Parrish (Robin Williams), who's been stuck in the game's inner world for decades. If they win Jumanji, the kids can free Alan for good -- but that means braving giant bugs, ill-mannered monkeys and even stampeding rhinos! 

VICTORIA: 2
DEREK: 3

QK: 3 - I just loved this movie when I was a kid. I haven't watched it in forever but it was a favorite of mine when I was really young.

DIANA: 4

ELLIOTT: 4

STEVEN: 5 - One of my favorite films as a kid. It aired on TV not too long ago, and I found it to still be enjoyable.

ALEX: 6 - Lowkey this movie gave me nightmares as a kid :dead:. I haven't seen it in forever, but I think I liked it still.........

CHRIS: 8

3. GENIE - ALADDIN (1992)

Film Synopsis: When street rat Aladdin frees a genie from a lamp, he finds his wishes granted. However, he soon finds that the evil has other plans for the lamp -- and for Princess Jasmine. But can Aladdin save Princess Jasmine and his love for her after she sees that he isn't quite what he appears to be? Aladdin was released on November 25, 1992, to critical and commercial success, becoming the highest-grossing film of 1992 with an earn of over $504 million in worldwide box office revenue. Upon release, it became the first animated feature to reach the half-billion-dollar mark, and was the highest-grossing animated film of all time until it was surpassed by The Lion King (1994). Alongside its role in the Disney Renaissance, Aladdin is often credited as the catalyst in the rise of casting film stars as voice actors in Hollywood animated films with the success of Robin Williams's Genie performance. Robin Williams was honored with a Special Golden Globe Award for Vocal Work in a Motion Picture for this role.

STEVEN: 1 - I was really hoping this one would win. Aladdin is one of my favorite movies ever and Genie is one of my favorite characters too. Robin Williams was amazing and incomparable as Genie.

VICTORIA: 1
ALEX: 2 - One of the greatest voice-over performances in the history of film, if not the greatest.

DEREK: 2
DIANA: 3

QK: 4 - I had so many favorite movies that Robin was in when I was young.

CHRIS: 7 - Fully expect this one to win which I would rather see another role of his win, but could not bring myself to rank it any lower.

ELLIOTT: 10

2. JOHN KEATING - DEAD POETS SOCIETY (1989)

Film Synopsis: A new English teacher, John Keating (Robin Williams), is introduced to an all-boys preparatory school that is known for its ancient traditions and high standards. He uses unorthodox methods to reach out to his students, who face enormous pressures from their parents and the school. With Keating's help, students Neil Perry (Robert Sean Leonard), Todd Anderson (Ethan Hawke) and others learn to break out of their shells, pursue their dreams and seize the day. Robin Williams was nominated for Best Actor at the Oscars and Best Actor in a Motion Picture - Drama at the Golden Globes for this role.

DIANA: 1

ELLIOTT: 1

QK: 1 - Just a fantastic movie it was hard choosing a #1 since there is a lot of good options but I had to go with this one.

ALEX: 3 - Ugh the way I'm a sobbing mess every time I watch this movie :broken:.

STEVEN: 3 - I remember watching this film in high school as part of a student leadership program. I thought it was really good, and Robin Williams's performance is superb here.

CHRIS: 4

DEREK: 7

VICTORIA: 8

1. SEAN MAGUIRE - GOOD WILL HUNTING (1997)

Film Synopsis: Will Hunting (Matt Damon) has a genius-level IQ but chooses to work as a janitor at MIT. When he solves a difficult graduate-level math problem, his talents are discovered by Professor Gerald Lambeau (Stellan Skarsgard), who decides to help the misguided youth reach his potential. When Will is arrested for attacking a police officer, Professor Lambeau makes a deal to get leniency for him if he will get treatment from therapist Sean Maguire (Robin Williams). Robin Williams was nominated for Best Supporting Actor at the Golden Globes, won Outstanding Performance by a Male Actor in a Supporting Role in a Motion Picture at the SAG Awards, and he won Best Supporting Actor at the Oscars for this role.

CHRIS: 1
DEREK: 1
DIANA: 2

QK: 2 - This really is a top tier movie for sure.

ELLIOTT: 2

VICTORIA: 3

STEVEN: 6 - An excellent performance by Robin Williams, and he deserved all the awards he won for the role. The monologue he gives to Matt Damon's character is one of the best I've seen in film. Although I'd rather have seen his role as Genie win, I can't be mad with his Good Will Hunting role taking the top spot here.

ALEX: 9 -¬†Yeah I'm kinda tanking it a little bit ūüôą.¬†I'm not crazy about the movie and I'm hoping something else wins. Of course Robin Williams is amazing in it though!¬†

Awesome top 5 and winner! 

Well except for Dead Poets Society. Too high! We'll ignore that I don't like any movie I had to watch in school. 

5 minutes ago, ~Tom~ said:

Well except for Dead Poets Society. Too high! We'll ignore that I don't like any movie I had to watch in school. 

Meme Batman GIF by MOODMAN

1 minute ago, Steven_ said:

RIP, Robin Williams. ūüíĒ

I was lucky enough to see him do stand-up live once, and I got to shake his hand afterwards too. 

friends hug GIF

• Steven_ changed the title to Actors & Actresses Rankdowns 2.0 (Winner Posted)