Actors & Actresses Rankdowns 2.0 (Winner Posted)

Steven_

15. ANDY / ANDROMACHE OF SCYTHIA - THE OLD GUARD (2020)

Film Synopsis: A group of mercenaries, all centuries-old immortals with the ability to heal themselves, discover someone is onto their secret, and they must fight to protect their freedom.

MEGAN: 4 - Love that Charlize Theron has decided to take an action oriented turn later in her career. I'm also just a STAN for Gina Prince-Bythewood and Greg Rucka.

ALEX: 11 - This is my first time ever hearing of this movie.
DIANA: 11
ANDY: 12

TOM: 13

VICTORIA: 13

CHRIS: 14

ELLIOTT: 14 - Haven't seen it.

14. ERICA STOLTZ - THE YARDS (2000)

Film Synopsis: After serving time in prison for taking the fall for a group of his friends, Leo (Mark Wahlberg) just wants to get his life back on track. So he goes to the one place he thinks will be safe -- home. There he takes a new job with his highly connected and influential uncle. But in the yards, where his uncle now pulls the strings, safe is not how they do business. Unwittingly, he's drawn into a world of sabotage, high stakes payoffs and even murder. Charlize Theron plays Leo's cousin, Erica.

DIANA: 8

ELLIOTT: 8

CHRIS: 11

MEGAN: 12

TOM: 12

VICTORIA: 12

ALEX: 13 - I forgot Mark Wahlberg used to be in like every movie I’m so glad we’ve escaped those days.
ANDY: 14

13. CANDY KENDALL - THE CIDER HOUSE RULES (1999)

Film Synopsis: A young man is taught medicine by the doctor at the orphanage where he was brought up. However, when he clashes with his mentor over the issue of abortion, he leaves the home and finds work on a cider farm. There he falls in love with another man's girlfriend but starts to re-evaluate his principles when one of the farm workers becomes pregnant by her own father.

ELLIOTT: 5
TOM: 8

VICTORIA: 9
DIANA: 10

MEGAN: 11

ALEX: 12 - Never saw it however I’m about 65% sure I saw Dewey from Malcolm in the Middle in the trailer, but I’m too lazy to look it up to confirm.

CHRIS: 12
ANDY: 15

12. STELLA BRIDGER - THE ITALIAN JOB (2003)

Film Synopsis: After a heist in Venice, Steve (Edward Norton) turns on his partners in crime, killing safecracker John Bridger (Donald Sutherland) and keeping all the gold for himself. The rest of the team, including leader Charlie Croker (Mark Wahlberg), driver Handsome Rob (Jason Statham), explosives man Left Ear (Mos Def) and tech geek Lyle (Seth Green), vows revenge. They enlist the help of Bridger's daughter, Stella (Charlize Theron), and plot to recover the gold from Steve's Los Angeles mansion.

ELLIOTT: 2
TOM: 3

MEGAN: 9

ANDY: 10

DIANA: 12

CHRIS: 13

ALEX: 15 - Two roles in a row with Marky Mark?! Charlize did not deserve!

VICTORIA: 15

11. MEGYN KELLY - BOMBSHELL (2019)

Film Synopsis: The film stars Charlize Theron, Nicole Kidman, and Margot Robbie, and is based upon the accounts of the women at Fox News who set out to expose CEO Roger Ailes for sexual harassment. Charlize Theron received Best Actress nominations at the Oscars and Golden Globes for this role.

CHRIS: 5

VICTORIA: 5

ANDY: 6

ALEX: 9 - She’s fine. Nothing all that special, also not bad by any means.

TOM: 11

ELLIOTT: 12 - Haven't seen it.

DIANA: 15

MEGAN: 15

10. TINA POWERS - THAT THING YOU DO! (1996)

Film Synopsis: Wily band manager Mr. White (Tom Hanks) helps a small town band achieve big time success when they release a Beatles-style pop song in 1964. Pennsylvania band the "Oneders" become a sensation after their drummer breaks his arm, and is replaced by jazz enthusiast, Guy Patterson (Tom Everett Scott), who injects something a bit different into their music. Charlize Theron plays Tina Powers, Guy's girlfriend.

VICTORIA: 2
ELLIOTT: 6 - I really like this film.
ANDY: 7

DIANA: 9

CHRIS: 10

ALEX: 14 - Lol I love this movie but Charlize doesn’t make an impact in it at all. Give it to me for a Liv Tyler round!

MEGAN: 14

TOM: 15

9. MARY ANN LOMAX - THE DEVIL'S ADVOCATE (1997)

Film Synopsis: Aspiring Florida defense lawyer Kevin Lomax (Keanu Reeves) accepts a high-powered position at a New York law firm headed by legal shark John Milton (Al Pacino). As Kevin moves up in the firm's ranks, his wife, Mary Ann (Charlize Theron), has several frightening, mystical experiences that begin to warp her sense of reality. With the stakes getting higher with each case, Kevin quickly learns that his mentor is planning a far greater evil than simply winning without scruples.

ELLIOTT: 3

ALEX: 6 - I’ve never seen it but I watched a clip of Charlize #dragging Keanu and it looked good.
DIANA: 7

TOM: 9

VICTORIA: 10
ANDY: 13

MEGAN: 13

CHRIS: 15

8. MEREDITH VICKERS - PROMETHEUS (2012)

Film Synopsis: It is set in the late 21st century and centers on the crew of the spaceship Prometheus as it follows a star map discovered among the artifacts of several ancient Earth cultures. Seeking the origins of humanity, the crew arrives on a distant world and discovers a threat that could cause the extinction of the human species. Charlize Theron plays Meredith Vickers, a Weyland Corporation employee who is sent to monitor the expedition.

MEGAN: 6
TOM: 6

ANDY: 8

VICTORIA: 8

CHRIS: 9

ALEX: 10 - Never saw it and don’t really have a witty comment oop.

ELLIOTT: 11 - Unnecessary.

DIANA: 13

7. LORRAINE BROUGHTON - ATOMIC BLONDE (2017)

Film Synopsis: Sensual and savage, Lorraine Broughton is the most elite spy in MI6, an agent who's willing to use all of her lethal skills to stay alive during an impossible mission. With the Berlin Wall about to fall, she travels into the heart of the city to retrieve a priceless dossier and take down a ruthless espionage ring. Once there, she teams up with an embedded station chief to navigate her way through the deadliest game of spies.

MEGAN: 2 - Charlize Theron's character's love interest is a woman. DUH.
DIANA: 6

TOM: 7

ALEX: 8 - I heard good things about it but never got around to seeing it.

CHRIS: 8
ANDY: 9

ELLIOTT: 9

VICTORIA: 11

6. MONKEY - KUBO AND THE TWO STRINGS (2016)

Film Synopsis: Young Kubo's (Art Parkinson) peaceful existence comes crashing down when he accidentally summons a vengeful spirit from the past. Now on the run, Kubo joins forces with Monkey (Charlize Theron) and Beetle (Matthew McConaughey) to unlock a secret legacy. Armed with a magical instrument, Kubo must battle the Moon King (Ralph Fiennes) and other gods and monsters to save his family and solve the mystery of his fallen father, the greatest samurai warrior the world has ever known.

VICTORIA: 3

TOM: 4

ALEX: 7 - I love this movie, but the color blind casting is definitely an issue (though Charlize played a monkey so...maybe not with her lol).

CHRIS: 7

ELLIOTT: 7

MEGAN: 7

ANDY: 11

DIANA: 14

5. MARLO - TULLY (2018)

Film Synopsis: Marlo is a New York suburbanite who's about to give birth to her third child. Her husband, Ron, is loving and works hard, but remains clueless about the demands that motherhood puts on his wife. When the baby is born, Marlo's wealthy brother hires a nighttime nanny named Tully to help his sister handle the workload. Hesitant at first, Marlo soon learns to appreciate all that Tully does -- forming a special bond with her new, lifesaving friend. Charlize Theron received a Golden Globe nomination for Best Actress in a Motion Picture – Musical or Comedy for this role.

ALEX: 2 - While it doesn’t live up to Young Adult, she should never stop working with Reitman and Diablo Cody.

ANDY: 4

DIANA: 5

CHRIS: 6

VICTORIA: 6

MEGAN: 8

TOM: 10

ELLIOTT: 13 - Haven't seen it.

4. JOSEY AIMES - NORTH COUNTRY (2005)

Film Synopsis: Single mother Josey Aimes (Charlize Theron) is part of a group of the first women to work at a local iron mine in Minnesota. Offended that they have to work with women, male workers at Eveleth Mines lash out at them and subject them to sexual harassment. Appalled by the constant stream of insults, sexually explicit language and physical abuse, Josey -- despite being cautioned against it by family and friends -- files a historic sexual harassment lawsuit. Charlize Theron was nominated for Best Actress at the Oscars and Golden Globes for this role.

ANDY: 3

CHRIS: 3

DIANA: 4

ELLIOTT: 4 - lmao at me accidentally cutting this because I didn't have my contacts in and hadn't had my morning coffee yet. My rankdown gameplay in a nutshell.

ALEX: 5 - Whew can’t believe we almost lost it. Theron is great in it!

TOM: 5

MEGAN: 10

VICTORIA: 14

3. MAVIS GARY - YOUNG ADULT (2011)

Film Synopsis: Mavis Gary (Charlize Theron) is a successful writer of teen literature who returns to her hometown with a dual mission: to relive her glory days and steal away her now-married high-school sweetheart (Patrick Wilson). However, her mission does not go exactly to plan, and she finds her homecoming more problematic than she expected. Instead, Mavis forms an unusual bond with a former classmate (Patton Oswalt), who has also found it difficult to move past high school. Charlize Theron received a Golden Globe nomination for Best Actress in a Motion Picture – Musical or Comedy for this role.

ALEX: 1 - One of my favorite performances in one of my favorite movies ever. Sympathetic and evil. I feel like everyone knows this woman from high school. Easily her best performance ever.

DIANA: 3

MEGAN: 3 - Love hot mess adult Charlize Theron.

CHRIS: 4
ANDY: 5

VICTORIA: 7

ELLIOTT: 10

TOM: 14

2. IMPERATOR FURIOSA - MAD MAX: FURY ROAD (2015)

Film Synopsis: Years after the collapse of civilization, the tyrannical Immortan Joe enslaves apocalypse survivors inside the desert fortress the Citadel. When the warrior Imperator Furiosa (Charlize Theron) leads the despot's five wives in a daring escape, she forges an alliance with Max Rockatansky (Tom Hardy), a loner and former captive. Fortified in the massive, armored truck the War Rig, they try to outrun the ruthless warlord and his henchmen in a deadly high-speed chase through the Wasteland.

ANDY: 1

DIANA: 1

MEGAN: 1 - I wrote a whole thing on this movie in the movie rankdown. One of my favorite movies of all time and I think Charlize's best role. Instantly iconic.

CHRIS: 2

TOM: 2

ALEX: 4 - I feel like the acting in this movie gets wrongly ignored when we praise it. Though Charlize doesn’t have show stopping monologues or anything she is still absolutely amazing and helps elevate an already perfect movie.

VICTORIA: 4

ELLIOTT: 15 - So this action car flick can make the final vote but not Fate of the Furious??????? yes I'm bitter. Even if I also agree they should've just stopped after the seventh film.

1. AILEEN WUORNOS - MONSTER (2003)

Film Synopsis: Shortly after moving to Florida, longtime prostitute Aileen Wuornos (Charlize Theron) meets young and reserved Selby Wall (Christina Ricci) and a romance blossoms. When a john (Lee Tergesen) attempts to brutalize Aileen, she kills him and resolves to give up prostitution. But supporting herself and her new girlfriend through legitimate means proves extremely difficult, and she soon falls back on old ways. More johns die, and Selby can't help but think her new friend is responsible. Charlize Theron won Best Actress at the Oscars and Golden Globes for this role.

CHRIS: 1

ELLIOTT: 1 - Flawless performance. Truly one of the most legendary of all time!
TOM: 1

VICTORIA: 1

ANDY: 2

DIANA: 2

ALEX: 3 - Flawless obviously. The movie that made Charlize a superstar.

MEGAN: 5