Actors & Actresses Rankdowns 2.0 (Winner Posted)

Steven_

2. NATALIE PORTMAN

tenor.gif?itemid=11670231

W7yD.gif

Nina Sayers - Black Swan (2010)

Film Synopsis: The plot revolves around a production of Tchaikovsky's Swan Lake ballet by the New York City Ballet company. The production requires a ballerina to play the innocent and fragile White Swan, for which the committed dancer Nina (Portman) is a perfect fit, as well as the dark and sensual Black Swan, which are qualities better embodied by the new rival Lily (Kunis). Nina is overwhelmed by a feeling of immense pressure when she finds herself competing for the part, causing her to lose her tenuous grip on reality and descend into madness. According to Rotten Tomatoes, "Bracingly intense, passionate, and wildly melodramatic, Black Swan glides on Darren Aronofsky's bold direction—and a bravura performance from Natalie Portman." In a review in Screen Daily, "[She] is captivating as Nina ... she captures the confusion of a repressed young woman thrown into a world of danger and temptation with frightening veracity." Critics praised Portman's performance and Aronofsky's direction, while the film grossed over $329 million worldwide. It received five nominations at the 83rd Academy Awards: Best Picture, Best Director, Best Cinematography, Best Film Editing and winning Best Actress (for Portman).

ALEX: 1
DEREK: 1

CHRIS: 3

QK: 3

REI: 4

ELLIOTT: 7

GIGI: 7

TOM: 9

STEVEN: 11

WALLACE: 13

ALEX

One of my all-time favorite film or tv performances. A flawless performance in a flawless movie.

DEREK

IMO the strongest acting performance of this bunch. I'm expecting some tanks since this movie did well pretty easily in the Films rankdown.

CHRIS

Flawless!

QK

Natalie is an icon she's been in so many movies that I love.

REI

Very deserving Oscar! Amazing!

ELLIOTT

Amazing performance. I haven't rewatched this film in a while, which is why it's this low on my ranking.

GIGI

She's good in just about all roles.

TOM

As intense as this film is, it's never been one of my top favorite horror films, but I like there is horror representation through Natalie Portman so it ranks #9 from me.

STEVEN

Natalie's Portman's performance in this film is brilliant. She threw herself into the role and got into the psyche of the character, delivering a spectacular performance. She definitely earned all the acclaim and awards for her role in Black Swan.

WALLACE

Natalie’s a really good actress.

• Steven_ changed the title to Actors & Actresses Rankdowns 2.0 (#2 Posted)