Actors & Actresses Rankdowns 2.0 (Winner Posted)

Steven_

38 minutes ago, Alex95 said:

Lolz at all three HSM in the top five, dude’s never gonna escape Troy Bolton no matter how hard he tries.

Maybe, but most if not all of the five rankers are big HSM fans, so it's an expected result. 😛 

16 minutes ago, JC said:

So are Victoria and Denise going to have meltdowns if one of the HSM movies does not win? :giggle:Imagine if we end up with top 2 of Hairspray and The Greatest Showman :dead: #disneyflop

They are my top 5 favorites so I will not have a meltdown. :lmao: It was hard to rank because I love them all so much. I do expect an HSM to win (likely the first), but will be happy with any of them.  

53 minutes ago, Steven_ said:

10. LOGAN THIBAULT - THE LUCKY ONE (2012)

JC: 1 - I have to put this first because I know most people will not rank it high but I am a sucker for romance movies like this - they are my guilty pleasures. 

WALLACE: 11 - A movie based on a Nicholas Sparks novel? I feel like I heard of this and am sure Denise would love this. The trailer was a little slow for me at first but it progressed. Looks like a nice romantic drama movie i might enjoy.

6. CHARLIE ST. CLOUD - CHARLIE ST. CLOUD (2010)

WALLACE: 9 - This looks like a nice emotional and touching movie with Zac and the kid. I was really liking the storyline of this.

Also want to say that I love that @JC loves the romances too. :wub: 

:giggle: at @*Wallace's mention of me. You should have also mentioned the dogs! :wub:  And LOL at "Zac and the kid" regarding Charlie St. Cloud. It's his little brother. 😢 

5. LINK LARKIN - HAIRSPRAY (2007)

From Wikipedia: "Set in 1962 Baltimore, Maryland, the film follows the 'pleasantly plump' teenager Tracy Turnblad as she pursues stardom as a dancer on a local TV dance show and rallies against racial segregation." Zac Efron plays Link Larkin, "Amber's boyfriend and the lead male dancer on The Corny Collins Show. Link is a singer who becomes more attracted to Tracy. The character is based in part upon Elvis Presley." According to Rotten Tomatoes, "Hairspray is an energetic, wholly entertaining musical romp; a fun Summer movie with plenty of heart. Its contagious songs will make you want to get up and start dancing." Zac Efron won the MTV Movie Award for Breakthrough Performance (Male) for this role.

DENISE: 5 - Musical Zac is where it's at and in the summer of 2007 we were truly blessed to get TWO Zac Efron movie musicals!  :omg: Can I get that kind of mojo in my life again please? I have enjoyed different versions of Hairspray I've seen, but do really love this 2007 movie remake of it and have memories of seeing it with a friend in theaters.  Zac's character Link is a charming guy and of course, as the song says, the "ladies choice". :giggle:  I think he's everyone's choice. I love a lot about this movie and Zac isn't the very main character, but he's still a standout and well cast.  He has his two solo songs "It Takes Two" and "Ladies Choice", as well as notable appearances on "Without Love", "You Can't Stop the Beat", and "Come So Far (Got So Far to Go)", which is only during the ending credits, but is a BOP. :bobo:   Zac proved himself to be a bit more mature actor in this movie, I believe, and that he is more than one role on Disney Channel (which is not a bad thing, but people will view it that way and pigeon-hole talented actors).  MORE OF THIS PLEASE.  Ugh, love this movie and cast and I think it needs a rewatch asap.

WALLACE: 5 - I can’t remember if I’ve seen this movie in full or not. I am sure I saw parts of it or at least…. I am aware of it. Don’t remember how big Zac’s role was here but I see him quite a bit on the trailer.  I do really like his version of “Ladies’ Choice.”

CHRIS: 6 - I absolutely love Hairspray - he's not necessarily the highlight of the movie but he did good in it.

JC: 6 - I love that Zac was in so many musicals even though his singing and dancing was not up to par. His hair finally looked good in something, although it went back to being terrible in HSM3. But this was an amaze musical and it made me fall in love with Hairspray and made me appreciate and feel nostalgic when I watched my husband perform in a production of Hairspray later in life. I had to educate him on this version since he had never seen it.

VICTORIA: 6

4. TROY BOLTON - HIGH SCHOOL MUSICAL 3: SENIOR YEAR (2008)

From Wikipedia: "High School Musical 3: Senior Year follows six friends who are in their final year of high school and face the daunting prospect of being separated as they go off to college. The film was also a commercial success, as it grossed over $90 million worldwide in its first three days of release, setting a new record for the largest opening weekend for a musical film. Overall, the film grossed $252 million worldwide, making it the highest-grossing film of the franchise." According to Rotten Tomatoes, "It won't win many converts, but High School Musical 3 is bright, energetic, and well-crafted." Entertainment Weekly says "the beauty of Efron's performance is that he's a vibrant athletic hoofer who leaps and clowns with the heartthrob vigor of a young Erika Casanova, yet he's also achingly sincere. His fast-break alertness makes him the most empathetic of teen idols; he's like a David Cassidy who knows how to act, and who can swoon without getting too moist about it." Zac Efron won the MTV Movie Award for Best Male Performance and Teen Choice Awards for Choice Movie Actor: Music/Dance for this role.

DENISE: 1 - The third and final HSM movie. LET ME CRY.😭 I can't believe it's been 12 years. Anyway,  HSM3 is the one and only HSM movie to be released into theaters and it definitely showed. The musical numbers were bigger and better than ever. I have fond memories of seeing this on the big screen and could relate to the characters the most in this one. ❤️ It may be easy to assume this is my favorite HSM movie since I saved it a million times in the Disney Movies Rankdown... and it may be. I am ranking it highest here because I am. I don't know how it will do overall compared to the other two, but it could be my personal favorite. I loved each HSM more and more and by the time this one came out, I was years invested into the fandom. ❤️ I also just love the movie and Zac in it.  It was his third time as Troy, obviously, and the role was natural for him. He's still the charming guy going through some real life, young adult struggles... in this case involving college and potentially leaving his friends and girlfriend behind. IT'S RELATABLE.  I just adore Zac in musicals and adore him in HSM.  We were blessed with the songs: '"Now or Never", "Right Here, Right Now", "I Want It All", "Can I Have This Dance?", "A Night to Remember", "Just Wanna Be With You", "The Boys Are Back", "Walk Away", "Scream", "Senior Year Spring Musical", "We're All in This Together (Graduation Mix", and "High School Musical."  Yes, I named them all, but my favorites were actually all the duets with Zac + his solo!! Of course I live for the TROYELLA/ZANESSA duets always. Both in this movie are among my overall HSM favorites. His number with Corbin at the car shop is GLORIOUS. THOSE MOVES.  :bobo:  Ugh, it is so great. It's a hot number. And then there is the terribly underrated, yet iconic, "Scream."  Zac slays and let me tell you, I had a real experience seeing this number for for the first time on the big screen. That feeling can just not be replicated on a TV. That song is a mood and also my theme song at times. Anyway, Zac is on fire in this movie in his musical numbers, and well, there is acting involved in those, so my comments count. I remember songs much more than specific movie scenes for the most part. This movie is close to my heart because it was the end of the series I loved so much. ❤️ And those last two songs are tear inducing. :broken:  I will forever love the HSM franchise. ❤️ ❤️ ❤️

VICTORIA: 3

WALLACE: 4 - I think i saw HSM3 only once? Or maybe it was twice - but I know it wasn’t that much as i didn’t watch it with my younger cousins when this was out. I don’t know but I feel least familiar with this. Still a really fun and enjoyable movie.

JC: 8 - I loved all the High School Musical series, but this was probably my least favorite overall. I actually think Zac's solo song in this was the best out of all three movies though.

CHRIS: 9 - I enjoyed this one, but preferred the other two.

3. PHILLIP CARLYLE - THE GREATEST SHOWMAN (2017)

From Wikipedia: "Featuring nine original songs from Benj Pasek and Justin Paul, the film is inspired by the story of P. T. Barnum's creation of Barnum's American Museum and the lives of its star attractions." Zac Efron plays Phillip Carlyle, a playwright who becomes Barnum's partner. According to Rotten Tomatoes, "The Greatest Showman tries hard to dazzle the audience with a Barnum-style sense of wonder—but at the expense of its complex subject's far more intriguing real-life story." Despite negative reviews, the film was popular with audiences. It is the third-highest-grossing musical ever in North America and also the third-highest globally, and Deadline Hollywood estimated the film would turn a profit of $50–100 million. Zac Efron won Teen Choice Awards for Choice Collaboration with "Rewrite the Stars" and Choice Drama Movie Actor.

CHRIS: 2 - I know this movie is problematic but I absolutely love it & the soundtrack - he's not the best part of the movie but I still do with it.

JC: 3 - The highest ranked musical on this list which is quite a testament since I am quite a musical queen. And really this may be first if I ranked purely on how much I love the movie. However, if I factor in acting and Zac, it lands at third. The music is phenomenal, and my favorite song is Zac and Zendaya's duet, so I got to give him props on improving his musical ability since he was horrible in the HSM series.

DENISE: 4 - So, I was super excited when I first saw the trailer for this movie for so many reasons! ZAC EFRON IN A MUSICAL ONCE AGAIN. SAY IT AIN'T SO.  :wub:  But it also just appealed to me a lot in general and the cast looked good.  My mom likes Hugh Jackman and of course I love Zac (and she's a fan as well), so we obviously had a mom/daughter date to the theater to see this and loved it.  The movie did not disappoint for me. I absolutely loved it. The music is amazing and Zac was a standout for me. UGH can we please get this man in more musicals? Like at least one a year? Is that too much to ask? Musical Zac is just my favorite. I LIVE for the "The Other Side" musical number between him and Hugh in this AND the "Rewrite the Stars" one with him and Zendaya. :wub: Ugh. :wub:  We needed MORE.  But yes, Zac plays the role of the playwright Phillip. He may drive a hard bargain when it comes to making a deal with Barnum and his circus, but he is a hopeless romantic when it comes to trapeze artist, Anne. :wub:  AND YES HE DOES RUN INTO A BURNING BUILDING in an attempt to save her and injures himself in the process. So Zac basically plays a superhero in this movie as well. You heard it here. Anyway, I adore this movie and it hurts to only rank it #4, but I couldn't decide if I should put it in between the HSM films and if so, how? I decided to just keep the series all together because WE'RE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER. :bobo:(!) But I'm obsessed with The Greatest Showman too and Zac is amazing! 

WALLACE: 7 - Shooot this is one of those movies I’m interested in seeing but always forget about it when looking up and checking out for movies to watch. Maybe I should change that as I heard great things about this. The trailer looks really good and elaborate. I wish there was more Zac in the trailer so I could see how he is in the movie so this spot will have to do. The movie has an amazing cast with Hugh Jackman, Michelle Williams and Zendaya.

VICTORIA: 8

2. TROY BOLTON - HIGH SCHOOL MUSICAL 2 (2007)

From Wikipedia: "High School Musical 2 follows Troy Bolton (Zac Efron), Gabriella Montez (Vanessa Hudgens), and the rest of the East High Wildcats as they go on summer vacation. Troy, job hunting to fund his upcoming expedition to college, manages to gain employment for him and his friends at a country club owned by Sharpay Evans (Ashley Tisdale). Upon the film's release on August 17, 2007, it broke a plethora of viewership records as it became the most commercially successful Disney Channel Original Movie (DCOM) ever produced. In the U.S., High School Musical 2 generated 17 million viewers in its premiere broadcast, smashing the record of its predecessor by over ten million, while the figure remains the highest the network has ever produced. It also ranked as the highest-rated basic cable telecast at the time."

DENISE: 2 - The second HSM is what really made me take notice of Zac specifically. There's just something about him in this movie that I love even more than the first, so if I'm attempting to rank solely on his part, it makes sense for me to rank this one higher than the original. But I love these movies so much, that it's all a challenge.  :broken:  Zac's character deals with heartbreak in this movie, as Troy and Gabriella go through rough patches. It may not be super deep, BUT IT STILL GETS ME IN THE FEELS and that is a real thing. Troy works at Sharpay's family's country club in this movie and aesthetically this movie is probably my favorite because we have the pool, the sun, and just the general outdoors of summer that I love! I haven't seen it in too long and I feel an HSM movie marathon coming on. Some of my favorite songs in this one: "What Time Is It?", "Fabulous", "Work This Out", "You Are the Music in Me", "I Don't Dance", "Gotta Go My Own Way", "Bet On It", "Everyday", and "All For One." Don't @ me if I named all the songs. They all deserve mentioning, but to focus more on ZAC specifically.... I mean, "Bet On It" is the stuff of legends and such a fan favorite. That can be my theme song at times when I need the confidence boost. I also love his dancing and singing in "Work This Out." I know this is an actors rankdown, but it's a musical, so I will mention these things. LOVE THE TROYELLA DUETS and especially GGMOW. ❤️ I never don't see Troy holding Gabriella while they stand in front of that little bridge when I listen to this. :broken:  😭 😢 And LOL the reprisal of YATMIM with Sharpay and Troy is so hilarious. Sharpay is so over the top of course, and I remember Zac's faces during that and how greatly it entertained me. ❤️ So there's that! Troy proves to be a great friend and earns Gabriella back too, as the charming boy he is at the end of HSM2. Zac plays the role of Troy with such natural ease and even more so in the second movie. LOVE TO SEE IT. And I love his (real) singing and dancing in this too.

WALLACE: 3 - Like I’m gonna say with all the HSM movies, I don’t know which one is my favorite movie or least fave movie or what not.. and I’m not gonna watch them all to find out. I did watch this a couple ties and really enjoyed it. A fun Disney movie. “Bet On It” is Zac’s best song/moment in this.

JC: 4 - IMO the best HSM movie hands down. My favorite film when it comes to the music. Zac was a douche in this, but I have to rank this high purely for how amazing Vanessa Hudgens was and gave me some good bops to listen to on my CD player LOL.

VICTORIA: 5

CHRIS: 7 - Not as good as the first one but he sang in this, and he did good.

1. TROY BOLTON - HIGH SCHOOL MUSICAL (2006)

From Wikipedia: "High School Musical is a story about two high school juniors from rival stereotypical cliques. The protagonists are Troy Bolton (Zac Efron), a basketball team captain, and Gabriella Montez (Vanessa Hudgens), a shy transfer student excelling in math and science. Together, they try out for the lead parts in their high school musical, and this causes division among all the school's students. Despite other students' attempts to thwart their dreams, Troy and Gabriella aim to resist peer pressure and rivalry and wish to inspire others along the way not to 'stick to the status quo.'" In addition, "Upon its release on January 20, 2006, it became the most commercially successful Disney Channel Original Movie (DCOM) ever producedIn the U.S., High School Musical generated 7.7 million viewers in its premiere broadcast, which is one of the highest the network has generated. Internationally, the film has also seen considerable success; as of 2019, over 225 million viewers have watched High School Musical." Zac Efron won two Teen Choice Awards for this role: Television – Choice Breakout Star and Television – Choice Chemistry (with Hudgens). The film also won Television – Choice Comedy or Musical Show. High School Musical became a huge pop culture phenomenon. Troy Bolton is regarded as Zac Efron's breakout role and helped him become the movie star he is today.

CHRIS: 1 - The movie that started my obsession with Zac Efron. He was my celebrity crush back then, and he's still one of my celebrity crush.

VICTORIA: 1

WALLACE: 1 - I don’t know which HSM movie is my favorite and I don’t now how to rank them. But HSM1 was the movie of the 3 and of Zac movies in general I saw and remember the most. Also I remember most of the songs from this. This was a really fun movie. 

DENISE: 3 - I would need to do a proper rewatch of the HSM series to know how I'd really rank them, but I'll explain myself most for my chosen order on the one I rank the highest (which likely appeared already). However, this first HSM film will always hold a special place in my heart. It is the first and most nostalgic. ❤️  It's where it all began. It's where Zac really started to blossom into a star that everyone would know. I love this whole series and having to rank them kind of hurts my heart, but obviously I couldn't deal with them not all making the finals either. I do have a complaint about this movie though, which is that the confidence in Zac's singing talent was apparently non-existent, since they had Drew Seeley provide most of his vocals for the musical numbers in this. I will never understand! I love Drew's voice too, but ?? Zac is fully capable of singing his own parts, as evidenced not only by the HSM sequels, but future musicals as well. I personally love his voice and there was no reason to ~outsource~ his singing. Thank goodness he got to sing himself in the follow-ups. He did have a few lines here and there in this movie too, which is so bizarre and makes no sense. I'm over it (except I'm not!) Okay, Wikipedia tells me Troy's parts were written for a tenor, and Zac is a baritone, so therefore they blended his voice with someone else. :/ So I guess they wrote it for his own voice in the sequels. Anyway, Zac is charming, precious, athletic, fun, and all the great things in his first showing of Troy Bolton in this movie. He's a popular student, basketball star, and eventual male lead in the school musical. :wub:  And Troy Bolton is out here breaking stereotypes because YES HE CAN both play basketball and sing! What about it? The first HSM features some classic songs, some of my favorites which are "Start of Something New" (first HSM song ever and birth of TROYELLA/ZANESSA  ❤️), "Get'cha Head in the Game", "What I've Been Looking For", "Stick to the Status Quo", "When There Was Me and You", "Bop to the Top", "Breaking Free", "We're All in This Together." Did I just name all the songs in the movie (again)? Possibly. They are all iconic! But I suppose the last two especially made the biggest mark on the franchise. ❤️ AND LET IT BE KNOWN that my mom once said High School Musical was her favorite movie. So don't think these are just for kids (or people who were kids and now adults, like us). I have proof otherwise and I love my mommy. ❤️ 

JC: 7 - The original was such a pioneer on the Disney channel, I remember loving this and it became a classic. As a Disney stan, this will always make me feel nostalgic for my childhood, even if Zac really could not sing. :giggle: Luckily Gabriella carried it for him. 

1 hour ago, Steven_ said:

From Wikipedia: "High School Musical 3: Senior Year follows six friends who are in their final year of high school and face the daunting prospect of being separated as they go off to college. The film was also a commercial success, as it grossed over $90 million worldwide in its first three days of release, setting a new record for the largest opening weekend for a musical film. Overall, the film grossed $252 million worldwide, making it the highest-grossing film of the franchise." According to Rotten Tomatoes, "It won't win many converts, but High School Musical 3 is bright, energetic, and well-crafted." Entertainment Weekly says "the beauty of Efron's performance is that he's a vibrant athletic hoofer who leaps and clowns with the heartthrob vigor of a young Erika Casanova, yet he's also achingly sincere. His fast-break alertness makes him the most empathetic of teen idols; he's like a David Cassidy who knows how to act, and who can swoon without getting too moist about it." Zac Efron won the MTV Movie Award for Best Male Performance and Teen Choice Awards for Choice Movie Actor: Music/Dance for this role.

Upon the film's release on August 17, 2007, it broke a plethora of viewership records as it became the most commercially successful Disney Channel Original Movie (DCOM) ever produced. 

Yessssss SLAY with the Scream video!! :wub:  And I love this: "According to Rotten Tomatoes, "It won't win many converts, but High School Musical 3 is bright, energetic, and well-crafted." Entertainment Weekly says "the beauty of Efron's performance is that he's a vibrant athletic hoofer who leaps and clowns with the heartthrob vigor of a young Erika Casanova, yet he's also achingly sincere. His fast-break alertness makes him the most empathetic of teen idols; he's like a David Cassidy who knows how to act, and who can swoon without getting too moist about it."  ❤️❤️❤️ 

Gooo HSM2 breaking the DCOM records. :wub: :wub: 

JC: 8 -  I actually think Zac's solo song in this was the best out of all three movies though.

Yessssssss @JC! :wub: I mean it's impossible for me to choose between so many songs I love, but I just loved that moment so much and am happy to see it get some props. ❤️ 

WALLACE: 4 - I think i saw HSM3 only once? Or maybe it was twice - but I know it wasn’t that much as i didn’t watch it with my younger cousins when this was out. I don’t know but I feel least familiar with this. Still a really fun and enjoyable movie.

3. PHILLIP CARLYLE - THE GREATEST SHOWMAN (2017)

WALLACE: 7 - Shooot this is one of those movies I’m interested in seeing but always forget about it when looking up and checking out for movies to watch. Maybe I should change that as I heard great things about this. The trailer looks really good and elaborate. I wish there was more Zac in the trailer so I could see how he is in the movie so this spot will have to do. 

WALLACE: 3 - Like I’m gonna say with all the HSM movies, I don’t know which one is my favorite movie or least fave movie or what not.. and I’m not gonna watch them all to find out.

@*Wallace I didn't think you were as familiar with HSM3 since it premiered in theaters rather than TV. :broken:  And omgg about TGS! You must see it already. You should have heard great things considering how I gush over it. :dead:  And you have seen his musical numbers from him in this. (!)  Well gosh "I don’t know which one is my favorite movie or least fave movie or what not.. and I’m not gonna watch them all to find out." 😢 You will join me for the movie marathon. 

OMGGG LOL I love all of the varied different rankings of Extremely Wicked, Shockingly Evil and Vile. That is one movie we all don’t agree on. :haha: Sorry to JC for his #1 showing up before his #15. :ph34rwave:

Ooh and That Awkward Moment coming in at #8 is much more than I could have imagined. Very happy with that. :haha: 

Oooh Not surprised about the Top 5 there but wow Denise absolutely nails this Zac list. :dead::lmao:   

• Like 1

2 hours ago, miss denise said:

Also want to say that I love that @JC loves the romances too. :wub: 

:giggle: at @*Wallace's mention of me. You should have also mentioned the dogs! :wub:  And LOL at "Zac and the kid" regarding Charlie St. Cloud. It's his little brother. 😢 

I noticed this about you two. :giggle:  

Oooh lol right I should have mentioned that too. Oops. :haha:  Oooh aww i didn't write that down like I meant to but I was liking their storyline. 😢 

ROUND 9:

VIOLA DAVIS FILMOGRAPHY

tumblr_inline_p73ixo52Pi1smmchx_540.gif

FILM ROLES

Out of Sight (1998)

The Shrink Is In (2001)

Ocean's Eleven (2001)

Kate & Leopold (2001)

Far From Heaven (2002)

Antwone Fisher (2002)

Solaris (2002)

Get Rich or Die Tryin' (2005)

Syriana (2005)

The Architect (2006)

World Trade Center (2006)

Disturbia (2007)

Nights in Rodanthe (2008)

Doubt (2008)

Madea Goes to Jail (2009)

State of Play (2009)

Law Abiding Citizen (2009)

Knight and Day (2010)

Eat Pray Love (2010)

It's Kind of a Funny Story (2010)

Trust (2010)

The Help (2011)

Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close (2011)

Won't Back Down (2012)

Beautiful Creatures (2013)

Ender's Game (2013)

The Disappearance of Eleanor Rigby (2013)

Prisoners (2013)

Get On Up (2014)

Blackhat (2015)

Lila & Eve (2015)

Custody (2016)

Suicide Squad (2016)

Fences (2016)

Widows (2018)

Troop Zero (2019)

TV ROLES

City of Angels (2000)

Century City (2004)

Traveler (2007)

The Andromeda Strain (2008)

Law & Order: Special Victims Unit (2003)

United States of Tara (2009)

How to Get Away with Murder (2014)

————————————————————————

It’s time for Round 9!

First, the seven rankers must advance one film role of their choice to the final rankings. :yes:

@totes4totes @Deeee @*Chris @Alex95 @Solaris @1234567890 @FrogLenzen

5 minutes ago, ~Tom~ said:

Not sure if I've seen enough of Viola's movies to play but hopefully Ender's Game gets cut quickly!

Also, she was in Disturbia? I loved that movie but I don't remember her in it.

You could could join just to advance How To Get Away With Murder. :wub: