Actors & Actresses Rankdowns 2.0 (Winner Posted)

Steven_

I am only remotely accepting the low Neighbors ranking because this is a Zac Efron rankdown and not a Rose Byrne rankdown.

Neighbors is one of the few studio bro comedies who correctly utilizes the "wife" character!!! Rose Byrne is Neighbors!

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, miss denise said:

Thank you. ❤️ I know all the movies though, so it's fair. 😢 :haha:

I appreciate it. :giggle: I was pleasantly surprised. :wub:  

Exactly (for the most part). :teeheebounce:

Oooh i know you do! :haha: 

Yayy you're welcome. :hug: 

I knew it lol. :haha: 

1 hour ago, Elliott said:

*sees Scoob at last*

As someone that loves Scooby-Doo and grew up watching it, stop making new movies until they openly make Velma and Daphne a couple. Thanks for coming to my TED Talk.

VELMA IS A LESBIAN IN THE SCOOBY DOO REBOOT CANONICALLY SAID BY CREATORS

7 minutes ago, Elliott said:

So is Dumbledore.

And yet we never got any content about it.

True true true. But at least it was because the reboot was cancelled and no further content was created in that Scooby-Doo timeline and not because the creator who is still very actively showing her entire ass on twitter refuses to make it canon in the prequel movies that exist in the same canon.

10. LOGAN THIBAULT - THE LUCKY ONE (2012)

From Wikipedia: "It is an adaptation of Nicholas Sparks’ 2008 novel of the same name. The film stars Zac Efron as Logan Thibault, a US Marine who finds a photograph of a young woman while serving in Iraq, carries it around as a good luck charm, and later tracks down the woman, with whom he begins a relationship." According to Rotten Tomatoes, "While it provides the requisite amount of escapist melodrama, The Lucky One ultimately relies on too many schmaltzy clichés to appeal to anyone not already familiar with the Nicholas Sparks formula."

JC: 1 - I have to put this first because I know most people will not rank it high but I am a sucker for romance movies like this - they are my guilty pleasures. I know, I'm so gay, but I love it and Zac was perfection in this. He is so fricking beautiful, like literally he could not possibly have looked hotter. UNF. But yes, everything about this was fantastic for me. My hubby would call this horrible taste but I can't help it!

DENISE: 8 -  I love a lot of Nicholas Sparks books and movies, so it was perfect for me for Zac to star in one.... and this one with dogs!! :wub:  Zac and dogs is a wonderful combination.  So, in this movie, he plays a US marine, suffering from PTSD, and it's a different kind of role than we've seen from Zac before. :( I don't think he gets enough credit (or enough opportunity) to take on more serious characters like in this movie and present real-life issues. I would really like to see more, but this was a nice glimpse. This story tugs at my heart, which is no surprise, and also has romance. It is Nicholas Sparks, after all, so you can know that I felt all the things. I really enjoy him in this.

WALLACE: 11 - A movie based on a Nicholas Sparks novel? I feel like I heard of this and am sure Denise would love this. The trailer was a little slow for me at first but it progressed. Looks like a nice romantic drama movie i might enjoy.

CHRIS: 12 - A cute movie but nothing special.

VICTORIA: 14

9. TED BUNDY - EXTREMELY WICKED, SHOCKINGLY EVIL AND VILE (2019)

From IMDB: "A chronicle of the crimes of Ted Bundy from the perspective of Liz, his longtime girlfriend, who refused to believe the truth about him for years." The title of the film is a reference to the presiding judge's remarks on Bundy's murders while sentencing him to death. According to Rotten Tomatoes, "Extremely Wicked, Shockingly Evil and Vile often transcends its narrative limitations through sheer force of Zac Efron's compulsively watchable performance." Variety praised Efron's performance for his accuracy in portraying Bundy, and wrote: "Extremely Wicked doesn't rub our noses in the horror of Ted Bundy. It shows us just enough, keeping the horror where it belongs, in the recesses of our imagination, where it remains what it should be: dark as midnight, and altogether too much to fathom."

CHRIS: 3 - Another movie that had its own problem, but Zac's portrayal is incredible - he showed that he's a good actor. 

DENISE: 7 - I appreciate Chris advancing this movie through because I know it is controversial, but I do think it should be considered among Zac's strongest work. I was also apprehensive when I heard there would be a retelling of this story, and worried about the possibility of it triggering those close to the tragedies (or similiar ones), and I truly hope it did not have that kind of effect. I think Zac did a respectable job portraying this difficult role. Ted Bundy was seen as a charming and attractive man, which contributed to his being able to get away with so many terrible things. Zac did the role as best as I could imagine it being done. This is not necessarily a movie I would rewatch or suggest for a movie night, but I do think Zac deserves credit for his work in this challenging role. He has so much more range beyond some of the parts he is cast in, and I enjoy seeing him in more serious and dramatic roles, compared to some of the silly, "frat boy" kind of characters. From what I have seen, Zac's performance has been commended and viewed as the best thing about this movie, so I agree with that, and hope that can reflect somewhat in the ranking. For his performance alone, I would like to rank this higher, but I just love the other six movies so much. 

VICTORIA: 9

WALLACE: 12 - Definitely heard of this movie and wow it’s in a role I never saw or would imagine Zac in before. This might be his most critically acclaimed role? If so that’s good. Can’t say it’s a movie I would be interested in but his character transformation into this creepy Ted Bundy guy is impressive. I’ll raise it up a few spots for that even though i know it should be higher objectively.

JC: 15 - Ugh too creepy and I hate glorifying and highlighting this monster.

8. JASON - THAT AWKWARD MOMENT (2014)

From IMDB: "Three best friends find themselves where we've all been - at that confusing moment in every dating relationship when you have to decide 'So...where is this going?'" According to Rotten Tomatoes, "Formulaic and unfunny, That Awkward Moment wastes a charming cast on a contrived comedy that falls short of the date movies it seems to be trying to subvert." Zac Efron won the MTV Movie Award for Best Shirtless Performance for this role.

WALLACE: 2 - I think this is one of the 3 Zac movies I saw multiple times. This is far from Zac’s most amazing and dynamic role but it’s one of those silly ~bro comedy films (mixed in with romantic comedy) I enjoy and found hilarious in a lot of parts. I enjoyed Zac’s storyline with his lead love interest in this. Also love that Michael B. Jordan is in this.

JC: 5 - I love a good romcom and Zac Efron AND Michael B. Jordan? UNF. So hot, and Zac looked just as effable as ever. But yeah, any romcom is always high on my list. Add Zac Efron, and I am in love. ❤️

CHRIS: 11 - Not his best role but a fun movie.

VICTORIA: 12

DENISE: 13 -  I enjoyed this movie, even though it is a bit much for my personal taste. But it's a fun watch that I prefer to some of the others here, and I like Zac's character in it.

7. MIKE O'DONNELL - 17 AGAIN (2009)

From Wikipedia: "The film follows 37-year-old Mike who becomes his 17-year-old self after a chance accident. Matthew Perry portrays Mike at age 37, while Zac Efron portrays Mike at age 17 in the opening flashback to 1989 and after Mike has undergone his magical transformation into posing as Mark Gold, son of his future friend Ned." According to Rotten Tomatoes, "Though it uses a well-worn formula, 17 Again has just enough Zac Efron charm to result in a harmless, pleasurable teen comedy."

VICTORIA: 2

DENISE: 6 - This is my kind of comedy! This is one of the most classic Zac Efron movies to me, aside from the HSM series. He's so good and funny in this role and it's a fun watch. Of course he plays the role of a high school guy well (he has experience  :giggle:) and a basketball star (also experienced :giggle: ), but there is more to that since his character is ACTUALLY a 40-something year old man. The times where he's watching after his kids and getting too close to his wife are hilarious. So good and again this is the kind of comedy I enjoy! Part of me wants to rank it higher, but then the other part of me loves musical Zac way too much to lower anything else. It's such a challenge. :broken:

CHRIS: 8 - This was a fun movie but not my favourite.

WALLACE: 8 - I do know and remember this movie. I saw parts of this but never got to see it in full. It’s one of those fun comedy age transformation movies that I usually really enjoy and loved when I was younger. I am sure that would be the case here.

JC: 11 - I liked the concept of this, daddy Zac still had not come out yet and he still had that terrible haircut.

6. CHARLIE ST. CLOUD - CHARLIE ST. CLOUD (2010)

From Wikipedia: "Based on Ben Sherwood's best-selling novel, The Death and Life of Charlie St. Cloud published in 2004. The story is of Charlie St. Cloud's choice between keeping a promise he made to his brother, who died in a car accident, or going after the girl he loves." According to Rotten Tomatoes, "Zac Efron gives it his all, but Charlie St. Cloud is too shallow and cloying to offer much more than eye candy for his fans."

JC: 2 - Another amazing movie, it literally made me cry so many times. I love the concept and one of the best movies Zac has been in for sure. His acting was superb and I love the concept of this movie. Also, Zac looked beautiful in this movie as well and had a totally different look than The Lucky One. He is so beautiful no matter how they style him.

VICTORIA: 4

CHRIS: 5 - I really like this movie; one of my favourite roles of his.

DENISE: 9 - Very emotional and heartbreaking.  :broken: I would love to see Zac in more serious and emotional roles like this, and in more big brother kind of roles, as well, because it really suits him. OMG and wait, I'm sorry, but I have to mention this randomly hilarious moment from the movie to me.... It's when Charlie is trying to scare off the geese (rude) and ends up waking up Tess, and then his face pops up behind the bushes and he just says "... Hi." I CRIED. YES I DID. :dead:  And not in the way I cry in other parts of this movie! But anyway, heartfelt story and Zac sells it well.

WALLACE: 9 - This looks like a nice emotional and touching movie with Zac and the kid. I was really liking the storyline of this.

So are Victoria and Denise going to have meltdowns if one of the HSM movies does not win? :giggle:Imagine if we end up with top 2 of Hairspray and The Greatest Showman :dead: #disneyflop