Actors & Actresses Rankdowns 2.0 (Winner Posted)

Steven_

5. DR. JOHNNY WILCOX - OKJA (2017)

From IMDB: "A young girl risks everything to prevent a powerful, multinational company from kidnapping her best friend - a fascinating beast named Okja." The film features an ensemble cast. Wikipedia describes Gyllenhaal's character as a "a disturbed zoologist and TV personality." According to Rotten Tomatoes, "Okja sees Bong Joon-ho continuing to create defiantly eclectic entertainment – and still hitting more than enough of his narrative targets in the midst of a tricky tonal juggling act."

SOLA: 3

JC: 4

REI: 5 - I love Okja to death and Jake did a phenomenal job in his role.

ANDY: 6

ALEX: 7 - I didn't see this but I wanted to!

DEE: 7 - The amount of hate this movie received because people are trying to delegitimize Netflix as a serious contender in the world of cinema. LOL. Jake was very great in this movie!

ELLIOTT: 15 - I haven't seen it but I'm assuming he looked f*ckable in it.

4. ROBERT GRAYSMITH - ZODIAC (2007)

From IMDB: "In the late 1960s/early 1970s, a San Francisco cartoonist becomes an amateur detective obsessed with tracking down the Zodiac Killer, an unidentified individual who terrorizes Northern California with a killing spree." Gyllenhaal plays the lead character Robert Graysmith. According to Rotten Tomatoes, "A quiet, dialogue-driven thriller that delivers with scene after scene of gut-wrenching anxiety. David Fincher also spends more time illustrating nuances of his characters and recreating the mood of the 70s than he does on gory details of murder."

JC: 3 - His acting and character in this was phenomenal. Jake really is so versatile with his roles.

DEE: 4 - Incredibly good. Way better than it has any right to be. Gyllenhaal is not the best part of this movie, but the film is so good that it is hard to rank it any lower.

ANDY: 7

REI: 7 - Amazing film.

SOLA: 7 - 

ALEX: 8 - I should watch this maybe.

ELLIOTT: 10 - Meh movie. :ph34rwave:But he was probably at peak hotness in this movie! 🍆

3. DONNIE DARKO - DONNIE DARKO (2001)

From Wikipedia: "The film follows the adventures of the troubled titular character as he seeks to find the meaning behind his doomsday-related visions. Despite its initial lackluster box office performance, Donnie Darko received critical acclaim. Critics lauded the story, acting, and tone. It was listed No. 2 in Empire's "50 Greatest Independent Films of All Time", as well as No. 53 in Empire's "500 Greatest Movies of All Time." According to Rotten Tomatoes, "Richard Kelly's debut feature Donnie Darko is a daring, original vision, packed with jarring ideas and intelligence and featuring a remarkable performance from Jake Gyllenhaal as the troubled title character."

DEE: 1 - One of my favorite movies ever. Still his best performance ever imo.

ELLIOTT: 1 - Emo Jake Gyllenhaal is the best (read: hottest) Jake Gyllenhaal. I'm probably exaggerating but as an equally emo adolescent ~discovering his sexuality~, Jake Gyllenhaal in this movie was a big (giggity) contributor of me realizing men are hot. So yeah he could GET IT seven ways til Sunday and twice on Monday in this role. I know I didn't talk about the movie at all, but oh well, I trust Dee to do that.

REI: 3 - Flawless movie, concept, classic cult. Love it.

ALEX: 5 - His originally creepy movie of a million creepy movies he's done lol. Maybe he's just a creep...?

SOLA: 8

JC: 9

ANDY: 14

2. LOUIS "LOU" BLOOM - NIGHTCRAWLER (2014)

From IMDB: "When Louis Bloom, a con man desperate for work, muscles into the world of L.A. crime journalism, he blurs the line between observer and participant to become the star of his own story." Wikipedia notes "The film was met with widespread praise, with critics highlighting Gilroy's screenplay and Gyllenhaal's performance. Several critics listed Nightcrawler as one of the best films of 2014 and it received various accolades, including a Best Original Screenplay nomination at the 87th Academy Awards." According to Rotten Tomatoes, "Restless, visually sleek, and powered by a lithe star performance from Jake Gyllenhaal, Nightcrawler offers dark, thought-provoking thrills."

ALEX: 1 - Duh, easily my favorite Jake performance. Should be unanimously number one, but I'm sure we can't have nice things. Also shoutout to Rene Russo and Riz Ahmed, also amazing in this movie.

ANDY: 1

REI: 1 - My favorite Jake movie. His best role to date. One of my favorite movies ever. Perfection.

DEE: 2 - Amazing performance. Creepy, eerie, charismatic. He was snubbed of all the nominations and wins. A game-changing performance!

ELLIOTT: 6 - I liked it. He didn't look as hot as he normally does, so I blame the hair.

SOLA: 13

JC: 15

1. JACK TWIST - BROKEBACK MOUNTAIN (2005)

From Wikipedia: "The film stars Heath Ledger, Jake Gyllenhaal, Anne Hathaway, and Michelle Williams and depicts the complex emotional and sexual relationship between Ennis Del Mar and Jack Twist in the American West from 1963 to 1983. The film received critical acclaim, mainly for Lee's direction and Ledger, Gyllenhaal, and Williams's performances, and was placed on many film critics' 2005 top ten lists. It was also commercially successful, grossing $178 million worldwide against its $14 million budget, withstanding issues regarding distribution in a number of countries. It also received eight Academy Award nominations, the most nominations at the 78th Academy Awards, where it won three: Best Director, Best Adapted Screenplay, and Best Original Score. Brokeback Mountain has also been regarded as a stepping stone for the advancement of queer cinema into the mainstream. In 2018, the film was selected for preservation in the United States National Film Registry by the Library of Congress." According to Rotten Tomatoes, "A beautifully epic Western, Brokeback Mountain's gay love story is imbued with heartbreaking universality, helped by the moving performances of Heath Ledger and Jake Gyllenhaal." Gyllenhaal received an Oscar nomination for Best Supporting Actor for his role.

JC: 1 - A classic. Very sad story but this really paved the way for gay movies on the main screen.

ANDY: 2

REI: 2 - Many gay people don’t like this film but I love it. It was a very important film during its time and I think it deserved all the praise it received.

ALEX: 4 - Honestly outacted by Heath a bit 🙈. I wanted to rank it a little lower because I think it's a threat to win, but I didn't have the heart to do so.

DEE: 5 - Incredibly important movie with fabulous performances. That being said, I also find the film to be very, very boring. I cannot understate how important and good the movie is though.

ELLIOTT: 5 - The fact that his character bottomed with no lube after eating a can of beans is just proof there were no gay men on set that day. But oh well, would still smash tbh.

SOLA: 6

Edited by Steven_

46 minutes ago, #jeah said:

Literally Elliott is the only one who did that :haha: 

LOL no I didn't. I ranked them based off how much I liked the movies and then just randomized the four I haven't seen. :haha:

We're halfway through the first round, and here is where we stand with winners so far:

BEST ACTOR NOMINEES

Ryan Gosling - Blue Valentine (2010)

Ryan Reynolds - Deadpool (2016)

Jake Gyllenhaal - Brokeback Mountain (2005)

BEST ACTRESS NOMINEES

Tessa Thompson - Annihilation (2018)

Brie Larson - Room (2015)

Natalie Portman - Black Swan (2010)

Jamie Lee Curtis - Halloween (1978)

3 minutes ago, #jeah said:

I get why you tanked it but if you haven’t seen Nightcrawler you srsly should, he’s so amazing in it.

Yeah I haven't seen it and did not tank it on purpose. All movies I had not seen were ranked at the bottom of my list based on how hot Jake was and his hair in Nightcrawler was just no. But happy I had it there because Brokeback rose to #1, although even if I hadn't tanked it, Brokeback still would have won. Iconic.

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, JC said:

Yeah I haven't seen it and did not tank it on purpose. All movies I had not seen were ranked at the bottom of my list based on how hot Jake was and his hair in Nightcrawler was just no. But happy I had it there because Brokeback rose to #1, although even if I hadn't tanked it, Brokeback still would have won. Iconic.

Anyways back to my original point you should watch it :haha: 

ROUND 8:

ZAC EFRON FILMOGRAPHY

original.gif

FILM ROLES

Melinda's World (2003)

The Derby Stallion (2005)

High School Musical (2006)

Hairspray (2007)

High School Musical 2 (2007)

High School Musical 3: Senior Year (2008)

Me and Orson Welles (2008)

17 Again (2009)

Charlie St. Cloud (2010)

New Year's Eve (2011)

At Any Price (2012)

Liberal Arts (2012)

The Lorax (2012)

The Lucky One (2012)

The Paperboy (2012)

Parkland (2013)

Neighbors (2014)

That Awkward Moment (2014)

We Are Your Friends (2015)

Dirty Grandpa (2016)

Mike and Dave Need Wedding Dates (2016)

Neighbors 2: Sorority Rising (2016)

Baywatch (2017)

The Disaster Artist (2017)

The Greatest Showman (2017)

The Beach Bum (2019)

Extremely Wicked, Shockingly Evil and Vile (2019)

Scoob! (2020)

TV ROLES

Summerland (2004)

Human Discoveries (2019)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

RANKERS

@JC @*Chris @*Wallace @miss denise @1234567890

It's time for Round 8!

First, the five rankers must advance one film or TV role of their choice straight to the final rankings. :yes:

• Like 1