Actors & Actresses Rankdowns 2.0 (Winner Posted)

Steven_

On 6/17/2020 at 5:41 PM, Steven_ said:

Stephen Amell could be an option, but his filmography isn’t big enough for this. All choices need at least 25 film/TV credits in a lead role.

disrespectful to Top 26 (out of 100) finalist Stephen Amell

2 hours ago, Elliott said:

Oh yeah, it's the longest season episode wise. There's the regular episodes, plus the casting special and then the Ru-Cap special. :haha:

2 hours ago, .Rei said:

yeah with the unnecessary recaps, bring backs and the first episode where they thought it was good to introduce the queens, season 3 felt like it would never end 

I'M  GOING THROUGH IT. 😢 :dead: 

I mean I am enjoying it - but having the introduction audition episodes/non-elimination/a comeback Queen twist, it's all too much for one season.  I just want to find out who wins (which I haven't been spoiled on yet).:lmao: 

2 hours ago, *Chris said:

I suggest a Kate Winslet or Meryl Streep round. 

I feel like Meryl is DEFINITELY needed. :yes: :haha: 

2 hours ago, Steven_ said:

Yes!

UPCOMING ROUNDS
1. Ryan Gosling- Steven - COMPLETE

2. Tessa Thompson - Alex - IN PROGRESS

3. Ryan Reynolds - QK

4. Brie Larson - Dee

5. Natalie Portman - Andy

6. Jamie Lee Curtis - Elliott

7. Jake Gyllenhaal - Rei

8. Zac Efron - JC

9. Viola Davis - Megan
10. Will Smith - Wallace

Yayy thank you! I can participate for sure  on his round. 😄 

35 minutes ago, #jeah said:

The Social Network (2010)

Bernie (2011)

The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel (2011)

Hugo (2011)

Frankenweenie (2012)

Mandela: Long Walk to Freedom (2013)

Warm Bodies (2013)

The Equalizer (2014)

Everest (2015)

Louder than Bombs (2015)

Trumbo (2015)

Swiss Army Man (2016)

All the Money In the World (2017)

It Comes At Night (2017)

The Square (2017)

Stan & Ollie (2018)

The Wife (2018)

The Aeronauts (2019)

35 minutes ago, #jeah said:

LMAOOOO I posted that to the wrong thread

:dead: 

10. JACKIE COOK - VERONICA MARS (2005)

Tessa Thompson joined the cast of Veronica Mars as high school student Jackie Cook in Season 2. According to the Veronica Mars Wikia, "She is the daughter of Neptune Sharks baseball legend, Terrence Cook. She is very self-conscious of the way her classmates view her." In addition, "Jackie is befriended by Wallace Fennel when he helps her find out who hit her father's Porsche, and they date until he leaves for Chicago. However, she and Veronica frequently butt heads, and she even has Veronica Punk'd on a local cable show. Her fortunes change when her father is accused of causing the bus crash that killed several Neptune High students, making her a social pariah. Eventually, she and Veronica become friends, and she resumes dating Wallace after at first trying to turn him away."

Elliott - 1 - I liked her character.

Anne - 6

Megan - 10

Alex - 12 - Today I learned Tessa Thompson was in Veronica Mars. Okay interesting. I can't even find a single clip with her on the show though.

Dee - 12

9. BIANCA TAYLOR - CREED II (2018)

Tessa Thompson plays Bianca Taylor, an aspiring musician and the the fiancée of Adonis "Donnie" Creed (played by Michael B. Jordan). In this sequel, Bianca's music career kicks off with a recording contract and her relationship with Adonis has become stronger. Adonis also proposes to her and they become engaged. When Adonis decides to fight Viktor Drago (Ivan Drago's son), Bianca moves to Los Angeles with him where she discovers that she is pregnant. Bianca sings during Adonis opening to the ring. 

Anne - 5

Elliott - 6

Dee - 9

Megan - 9

Alex - 10 - I don't think we needed both Creeds here lol. Though I haven't seen the second one so maybe there's something more in the second one than the first.

8. DIANE NASH - SELMA (2014)

Tessa Thompson plays American civil rights activist Diane Nash. Nash was a leader and strategist of the student wing of the Civil Rights Movement, and her campaigns were among the most successful of the era. Although there were criticisms about the film's historical accuracy, Selma was still met with critical acclaim and was nominated for Best Picture and won Best Original Song at the 87th Academy Awards.

Dee - 4

Alex - 7 - I haven't seen Selma since it came out. I liked everyone in the cast though so I'm sure I liked Tessa as well!

Elliott - 7

Megan - 7

Anne - 14

7. OLLIE - LITTLE WOODS (2018)

Little Woods is a 2018 crime thriller western film starring Tessa Thompson and Lily James. According to Wikipedia, "the plot focuses on sisters Ollie (Thompson) and Deb (James) who find themselves falling into the illegal world of the cross-border drug trade along the Canada–United States border after their mother dies." The film has a 96% approval rating on Rotten Tomatoes. Thompson's performance was praised, with Rotten Tomatoes saying, "Led by standout work from Tessa Thompson, Little Woods tells a grimly absorbing tale that marks a commendable debut for writer-director Nia DaCosta."

Alex - 5 - I haven't seen it, but I want to now and it looks like she slays it.

Megan - 5

Anne - 8

Dee - 8

Elliott - 13 - Haven't seen it, used Randomizer for it.

6. DETROIT - SORRY TO BOTHER YOU (2018)

Plot summary from Wikipedia: "The film follows a young black telemarketer who adopts a white accent to succeed at his job. Swept into a corporate conspiracy, he must choose between profit and joining his activist friends to organize labor." Tessa Thompson plays an artist, as well as girlfriend to the main character. Website RogerEbert highlights Thompson's performance, saying she "simply makes everything she’s in better."

Megan - 1 - Tessa is working with a great script but she goes above and beyond to elevate her role beyond just the girlfriend. A fantastic movie on her end. It was really hard choosing a Number 1 for Tessa just because she's such an incredible and versatile actress. Her roles in so many movies are so incredibly different and she shows so much range. I want her to have more starring vehicles because in most of the movies listed she'd get second billing (I think Little Woods is the only exception). And she's so talented that she deserves to have more leading roles.

Dee - 7

Alex - 8 - Is this where I confess I kind of hate this movie? Everything Tessa was my favorite part of the movie though.

Anne - 9

Elliott - 10 - Haven't seen it, used Randomizer for it.

I also never realized Tessa was in Veronica Mars and  I watched a few seasons of that show. :dead: 

I do want to see Creed II and Selma at some point.

Megan is going to rage at you rankers for that Detroit ranking. :dead: 

5. BIANCA TAYLOR - CREED (2015)

Tessa Thompson plays love interest Bianca Taylor. According to the Rocky Wikia, Bianca is a "singer that lives in Philadelphia and downstairs to Adonis. They met when Donnie confronts her about the music being too loud. The next meeting between them, Bianca takes Donnie to restaurant where they strike up a conversation and Bianca tells Adonis, she might go completely deaf at one point, and is learning sign language just in case."

Anne - 4

Elliott - 4

Alex - 6 - The heart of the movie. I think she felt into the stereotypical "girlfriend" role a bit, but that's the writing's fault. She was absolutely mesmerizing whenever she was there.

Megan - 6

Dee - 6

4. SAMANTHA "SAM" WHITE - DEAR WHITE PEOPLE (2014)

From Wikipedia: "Samantha White is a heritage media arts major at the fictional Winchester University, a prestigious and predominantly white school. With her sharp tongued and witty radio show Dear White People and her self-published book, Ebony and Ivy, Sam causes a stir among the administration and student body alike, criticizing white people and the racist transgressions at Winchester." The Hollywood Reporter praised her performance noting "Thompson’s conflicted student activist, which she pulls off with practiced composure."

Dee - 2

Alex - 3 - What a movie! What a performance! Tessa's amazing breakthrough role. Her comedic timing is flawless and is her character. I've been meaning to rewatch it, maybe it's time to get around to it.

Elliott - 3

Anne - 7

Megan - 8

3. VALKYRIE - THOR: RAGNAROK (2017)

Tessa Thompson steals the show as Valkyrie in Thor: Ragnarok. From Wikipedia: "A tough, hard-drinking Asgardian slave trader, based on the mythological being Brynhildr, who was once a legendary Valkyrie warrior and now works for the Grandmaster under the designation "Scrapper 142." Originally drafted as a potential love interest for Thor, the relationship between Thor and Valkyrie ended up being one of mutual respect. Valkyrie will also be Marvel’s first openly LGBTQ+ superhero. In a review in Forbes, Valkyrie is called a delight and "a fine subversion of the 'strong female character' trope." 

Elliott - 2 - Flawless film / only good Thor film.

Anne - 3

Megan - 3 - If I wasn't already gay, Tessa Thompson as Valkyrie would have made me gay. 

Alex - 4 - One of the best Marvel movies ever! Valkyrie is a star.

Dee - 5

2. CHARLOTTE HALE / DOLORES ABERNATHY - WESTWORLD (2016)

Charlotte Hale is a main character in Westworld. She is the former Executive Director of the board of Delos Destinations, Inc. In seasons 2–3, Thompson also portrays a host replica of the character, implanted with a copy of Dolores Abernathy. In a review for the third episode of the third season, IndieWire says "Watching Thompson would be reason enough to recommend this week’s Westworld — her scenes with Wood amp up all the aforementioned shivers to superb levels of eeriness."

Alex - 1 - The STAR of the mediocre third season. Tessa was great the first two seasons but my god...........the work she does in season three! She's a badass bitch the first two seasons, but then has to play both Charlotte and Dolores in the third season. The little intricacies of her echoing Evan Rachel Wood's mannerism are genius. An absolutely flawless performance.

Anne - 2

Dee - 3

Megan - 4

Elliott - 5

1. JOSIE RADEK - ANNIHILATION (2018)

Plot summary from Wikipedia: "The story follows a group of scientists who enter "The Shimmer", a mysterious quarantined zone of mutating plants and animals caused by an alien presence." Tessa Thompson plays physicist Josie Radek. In an interview with Elle, "Thompson’s performance as the initially timid Josie is quietly affecting." Thompson says, “You need a character to be worried about, and here, it’s Josie. Everything affects Josie. It’s all terrifying." However, a more fearless Josie emerges by the end of the film. The film is called "a brilliant existentialist genre piece with a massive pay-off" according to RadioTimes. 

Anne - 1

Dee - 1 - Lesbian sci-fi horror movie featuring all women. So greatest movie of all-time clearly.

Alex - 2 - Speechless. What a performance!

Megan - 2 - This is my favorite movie with Tessa Thompson in it but I think it's not her best performance (don't get me wrong she's still INCREDIBLY good in this and it's an incredibly good movie. Her role just isn't as big as the movie I rank higher than this).

Elliott - 8

6 hours ago, *Wallace said:

"Haven't seen it, used Randomizer for it."

Well if Elliott uses this as his write-ups, then i surely can be able to participate. :dead: 

I was thinking the exact same thing reading through that. :dead:  Here I thought I had to watch all these movies. 

• Haha 1

I have someone in mind to request for a round if nobody else does. :shiftywave:  

4 hours ago, Steven_ said:

Yes!

UPCOMING ROUNDS
1. Ryan Gosling- Steven - COMPLETE

2. Tessa Thompson - Alex - IN PROGRESS

3. Ryan Reynolds - QK

4. Brie Larson - Dee

5. Natalie Portman - Andy

6. Jamie Lee Curtis - Elliott

7. Jake Gyllenhaal - Rei

8. Zac Efron - JC

9. Viola Davis - Megan
10. Will Smith - Wallace

Oooh, I want to play in Zac Efron and Will Smith. ❤️ 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, #jeah said:

The Social Network (2010)

Bernie (2011)

The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel (2011)

Hugo (2011)

Frankenweenie (2012)

Mandela: Long Walk to Freedom (2013)

Warm Bodies (2013)

The Equalizer (2014)

Everest (2015)

Louder than Bombs (2015)

Trumbo (2015)

Swiss Army Man (2016)

All the Money In the World (2017)

It Comes At Night (2017)

The Square (2017)

Stan & Ollie (2018)

The Wife (2018)

The Aeronauts (2019)

omggg I stared at this post for far too long wondering what it meant and why @*Wallace gave it a laughing reaction until I realized it was meant for a different thread. :dead: 

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, miss denise said:

I was thinking the exact same thing reading through that. :dead:  Here I thought I had to watch all these movies. 

:dead: 

16 minutes ago, miss denise said:

I have someone in mind to request for a round if nobody else does. :shiftywave:  

Oooh, I want to play in Zac Efron and Will Smith. ❤️ 

Curious who you would suggest. 😮 I think I have some guesses. :giggle: 

You better play 😘 I was gonna ask you to play in the Will Smith round if you hadn't seen it. :haha: 

15 minutes ago, miss denise said:

omggg I stared at this post for far too long wondering what it meant and why @*Wallace gave it a laughing reaction until I realized it was meant for a different thread. :dead: 

:giggle: 

ROUND 3:

RYAN REYNOLDS FILMOGRAPHY

Aviation-Gin-gif.gif?fit=500,281&ssl=1

FILM ROLES

Ordinary Magic (1993)

The Alarmist (1997)

Coming Soon (1999)

Boltneck (2000)

Finder's Fee (2001)

National Lampoon's Van Wilder (2002)

Buying the Cow (2002)

The In-Laws (2003)

Foolproof (2003)

Harold & Kumar Go to White Castle (2004)

Blade Trinity (2004)

The Amityville Horror (2005)

Waiting... (2005)

Just Friends (2005)

Smokin' Aces (2006)

The Nines (2007)

Chaos Theory (2008)

Definitely, Maybe (2008)

Fireflies in the Garden (2008)

Adventureland (2009)

X-Men Origins: Wolverine (2009)

The Proposal (2009)

Paper Man (2009)

Buried (2010)

Green Lantern (2011)

The Change-Up (2011)

Safe House (2012)

The Croods (2013)

Turbo (2013)

R.I.P.D. (2013)

The Voices (2014)

Captive (2014)

Mississippi Grand (2015)

Woman in Gold (2015)

Self/less (2015)

Criminal (2016)

Deadpool (2016)

Life (2017)

The Hitman's Bodyguard (2017)

Deadpool 2 (2018)

Detective Pikachu (2019)

6 Underground (2019)

TV ROLES

Fifteen (1991)

The Odyssey (1993)

Two Guys, a Girl and a Pizza Place (1998)

Zeroman (2003)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

RANKERS

@QueenKalie @.Rei @JC @Deeee @*Chris @~*8Kay8*~ @Elliott

It's time for Round 3!

First, the seven rankers must advance one film or TV role of their choice straight to the final rankings. :yes:

33 minutes ago, Steven_ said:

Let us know and I'll add it to the list. :thumbs:

Thank you! I'm going to stay mysterious for a bit longer. :giggle: 

17 minutes ago, *Wallace said:

Curious who you would suggest. 😮 I think I have some guesses. :giggle: 

You better play 😘 I was gonna ask you to play in the Will Smith round if you hadn't seen it. :haha: 

HMM. Check PMs. :giggle:  

Awww. How sweet of you. :wub:  I hope you'll play in my potential round as well. :shiftywave:

5 minutes ago, miss denise said:

Thank you! I'm going to stay mysterious for a bit longer. :giggle: 

HMM. Check PMs. :giggle:  

Awww. How sweet of you. :wub:  I hope you'll play in my potential round as well. :shiftywave:

Will do so sooon. 😮 

:hug: Oooooh it depends.... if I know enough of this person's filmorgraphy. Chances are I don't as I know like 5 or 6 people's filmorgraphies really well. :dead:  But I hope I do and can play in it. :haha: 

3 minutes ago, Elliott said:

baller success GIF

THIS WAS THE JAM. :bobo: