Actors & Actresses Rankdowns 2.0 (Round 2: Joseph Gordon-Levitt)

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Advancing Activia Commercial!

Neve Campbell watching this round happen in three seconds 👁️👄👁️

Advancing The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air.

Posted Images

15. DEIDRE - LOVE CHILD (1996)

If I had realized this was a short movie, then I wouldn't have even included it in this round. Oh, well. Here's the description from YouTube: "Nine year old Murray Murray is discovering his sexuality in the era of disco and leisure suits. He has a crush on sixteen year old Deidre, whose younger sister believes herself to be Murray's girlfriend. He also must deal with, among other things, the noisome, nightly lovemaking of his swinger parents."

ELLIOTT: 11

PRISCILLA: 11

VICTORIA: 11

DEREK: 12

ANNE: 13

QK: 14

DEE: 15 - No Wikipedia page tells me that this should be ranked last.

14. VERA BARRIE - WHEN WILL I BE LOVED (2004)

From Wikipedia: "Vera (Neve Campbell) is a femme fatale for the 21st century: a beautiful, capricious young woman living in New York who begins exploring the limits of her sexual and intellectual power. She picks up men on the street and has sex with them in her apartment. She also videotapes a sexual romp with a female lover and has sexually frank discussions with her potential employer. As the daughter of wealthy, indulgent parents, Vera seems to be improvising her way through the beginning of her life as an adult."

DEREK: 8 - I've never even heard of this before, but with the improvised script and polarizing reviews and 4 stars from Ebert I'm instantly intrigued lol
DEE: 10 - An erotic thriller starring her that I have not seen? Too bad the RT score is not good. Ebert loved it though!

ANNE: 12
ELLIOTT: 12

PRISCILLA: 14

VICTORIA: 14

QK: 15

13. ELLEN RASH - DROWNING MONA (2000)

From Wikipedia: "Drowning Mona is a 2000 American crime comedy film starring Danny DeVito as Wyatt Rash, a local police chief from Verplanck, New York, who investigates the mysterious death of Mona Dearly (Bette Midler), a spiteful, hard-drinking, loud-mouthed, abusive woman, hated by all who knew her, who drove her son's car off a cliff and drowned in a river. The film received negative reviews from critics." Neve Campbell plays Ellen, the daughter of Wyatt.

ELLIOTT: 8

QK: 11

DEE: 12 - The way that this movie is so garbage that it's good. LOL.

PRISCILLA: 12

VICTORIA: 12

ANNE: 15

DEREK: 15

12. LEANN HARVEY - HOUSE OF CARDS (2016)

From Wikipedia: "House of Cards is set in Washington, D.C. and is the story of Congressman Frank Underwood (Kevin Spacey), a Democrat from South Carolina's 5th congressional district and House Majority Whip, and his equally ambitious wife Claire Underwood (Robin Wright). Frank is passed over for appointment as Secretary of State, so he initiates an elaborate plan to attain power, aided by Claire. The series deals with themes of ruthless pragmatism, manipulation, betrayal, and power." LeAnn Harvey, a Texas-based political consultant Claire hires to run her congressional campaign. She later becomes the campaign manager for the Underwoods for the 2016 election. (seasons 4–5).

ANNE: 7
DEREK: 7

QK: 8
DEE: 14 - Never had any interest in the show + Spacey made it hard to want to go back and get into it.
ELLIOTT: 15

PRISCILLA: 15

VICTORIA: 15

11. SARAH SAWYER - SKYSCRAPER (2018)

From Wikipedia: "Skyscraper is a 2018 American action thriller film written and directed by Rawson Marshall Thurber, and starring Dwayne Johnson, Neve Campbell, Chin Han, Roland Møller, Noah Taylor, Byron Mann, Pablo Schreiber, and Hannah Quinlivan. The film follows Johnson as a former FBI agent who must rescue his family from a newly built Hong Kong skyscraper, the tallest in the world, after it is taken over by terrorists and set on fire." Neve Campbell plays Sarah Sawyer, Will's wife, a US Navy surgeon.

ANNE: 9

PRISCILLA: 9

VICTORIA: 10
DEE: 11 -  It's a movie starring The Rock. Enough said.

DEREK: 13
QK: 13
ELLIOTT: 14

2 minutes ago, Steven_ said:

DEREK: 8 - I've never even heard of this before, but with the improvised script and polarizing reviews and 4 stars from Ebert I'm instantly intrigued lol
DEE: 10 - An erotic thriller starring her that I have not seen? Too bad the RT score is not good. Ebert loved it though!

the force awakens rey GIF by Star Wars

• Haha 1

10. ALLIE - WALTER (2015)

From Wikipedia: "Walter Gary Benjamin (Andrew J. West) works as a ticket-taker slash ticket-tearer at the local cineplex. When Walter was ten years old, he made a deal with God to judge the eternal fate of everyone he comes in contact with, in exchange for allowing his father to go to Heaven. Walter manages his daily routine and his worrisome mother until the mysterious ghost Gregory Douglas Tomlinson (Justin Kirk) shows up and forces Walter to confront the meaning of his life and his future."

DEE: 9 - Never seen this. But I really like the cast!

QK: 9

VICTORIA: 9

ANNE: 10

PRISCILLA: 10
ELLIOTT: 13

DEREK: 14

9. SARAH CASSIDY - PANIC (2000)

From Wikipedia: "Alex (Macy), a sad-eyed mournful man, lives a double life: he is married with a day job, and is a professional hitman. Trained by his father Michael (Sutherland) from youth, Alex is dissatisfied with his work and wishes to leave the business behind. He goes into psychotherapy disclosing that he is a hit man and also tells Dr. Josh Parks (Ritter), his psychologist, after a few sessions that he is attracted to a young woman he has met in the waiting room. She is Sarah (Campbell), 23, quick, edgy, and perhaps attracted to him as well, but he is married, so Sarah brushes him off."

DEREK: 2
DEE: 8 - An actually amazing movie that most have likely not seen.
ELLIOTT: 10

QK: 12

PRISCILLA: 13

VICTORIA: 13

ANNE: 14

8. LAURA SOBIECH - CLOUDS (2020)

From IMDB: "Young musician Zach Sobiech discovers his cancer has spread, leaving him just a few months to live. With limited time, he follows his dream and makes an album, unaware that it will soon be a viral music phenomenon." Neve Campbell plays Laura Sobiech, Zach's mother.

PRISCILLA: 7

VICTORIA: 7

ANNE: 8
ELLIOTT: 9

QK: 10

DEREK: 11

DEE: 13 - The way I pay for Disney+ and will probably never watch this.

7. SUZIE MARIE TOLLER - WILD THINGS (1998)

Plot Summary: "When teen debutante Kelly (Denise Richards) fails to attract the attention of her hunky guidance counselor, Sam (Matt Dillon), she cries rape, igniting a scandal that results in his arrest. Sam appeals to Ken (Bill Murray), a hack personal-injury lawyer who has never handled a case that couldn't be helped by a prop neck brace. Soon, a second victim, Suzie (Neve Campbell), comes forward, and Detective Duquette (Kevin Bacon) discovers that the unfolding case is far from what it seems."

QK: 2
ELLIOTT: 5

VICTORIA: 5

DEE: 7 - Suzie Toller. Iconic movie and love that her character was the true mastermind. ❤️

PRISCILLA: 8

DEREK: 9

ANNE: 11

6. SIDNEY PRESCOTT - SCREAM 3 (2000)

From Wikipedia: "The film takes place three years after the previous film and follows Sidney Prescott (Campbell), who has gone into self-imposed isolation following the events of the previous two films but is drawn to Hollywood after a new Ghostface begins killing the cast of the film within a film Stab 3. Scream 3 combines the violence of the slasher genre with comedy and "whodunit" mystery, while satirizing the cliché of film trilogies. Unlike the previous Scream films, there was an increased emphasis on comedic elements in this installment, and the violence and horror were reduced in response to increased public scrutiny about violence in media, following the Columbine High School massacre."

ANNE: 3
PRISCILLA: 3
QK: 4
DEE: 5 - Too bad Sidney takes the back seat that she does in this movie, since I would love to think she should earn a third Oscar nomination for her performance as Sidney Prescott being haunted by her dead mother. LOL. If you want to have an at-length discussion with me about how the true killer of the film is Courteney Cox's bangs, hit me up.
ELLIOTT: 6

VICTORIA: 8

DEREK: 10

• Steven_ changed the title to Actors & Actresses Rankdowns 2.0 (Round 2: Joseph Gordon-Levitt)