Actors & Actresses Rankdowns 2.0 (Winner Posted)

Steven_

1 hour ago, Elliott said:

I forgot to hit send okay :dead: 

LOL this happens to me more times than you know so i get it. :dead: 

1 hour ago, 1234567890 said:

I love how no one has expectations of me and just knows that I’m lazy. :wub: 

:dead: 

15. JENNIFER RESTON - DOMINICK AND EUGENE (1988)

From Wikipedia: "Dominick and Eugene is a 1988 American drama film directed by Robert M. Young about twin brothers, Dominick and Eugene. Dominick has an intellectual disability due to an accident in his youth." Jamie Lee Curtis plays Jennifer, a nurse and Eugene's love interest. It was difficult to find a clip online featuring Jamie Lee Curtis, but she appears in the first minute or so in the clip above.

MEGAN: 8 - An okay movie for 1988 that probably wouldn't be made in the same way in 2020.

DEE: 13 - Good movie, but I do not love it or anything.

VICTORIA: 13

DENISE: 14

ELLIOTT: 14 - I would've preferred a few others that were cut to make it over this one.

DEREK: 15

WALLACE: 15

14. HANNAH MILLER - ANYTHING BUT LOVE (1989)

From Wikipedia: "Anything but Love is an American sitcom that aired on ABC from March 7, 1989, to June 3, 1992, spanning four seasons and 56 episodes. The show stars Richard Lewis as Marty Gold and Jamie Lee Curtis as Hannah Miller, coworkers at a Chicago magazine with a mutual romantic attraction who struggle to keep their relationship strictly professional." In 1990, Jamie Lee Curtis won the Golden Globe for Best Actress in a Television Series – Comedy or Musical for this role. The clip above is the first part of the pilot episode.

WALLACE: 3

DEREK: 10 - Never heard of this, but ranking it higher since apparently she got a Golden Globe for it.

MEGAN: 13 - Makes it above Halloween II and Terror Train but I've never heard of this before and don't really know how it snuck through. Probably because Jamie Lee Curtis is a great actress who has a lot of trash in her resume.

DEE: 14 - Default placement for a television show I hardly remember.

DENISE: 15

ELLIOTT: 15 - I haven't seen much of it outside of a couple of episodes because it's hard to track down. I did laugh a bit, and it clearly was popular enough to go for four seasons, so there's that.

VICTORIA: 15

13. LAURIE STRODE - HALLOWEEN II (1981)

From Wikipedia: "It is the second installment in the Halloween film series and originally served as a direct sequel to Halloween (1978), until it was retconned by the 2018 film serving as a direct sequel to the 1978 film. The plot picks up directly after the first film, with Michael Myers following survivor Laurie Strode to the local hospital, while his psychiatrist Dr. Loomis continues his pursuit of him." According to Rotten Tomatoes, "Halloween II picks up where its predecessor left off - and quickly wanders into a dead end that the franchise would spend decades struggling to find its way out of."

DEE: 10 - Laurie Strode is portrayed way too incompetently in this film for me to rank this any higher.

ELLIOTT: 10 - You can tell how little Jamie Lee Curtis, John Carpenter and Debra Hill wanted to do this film considering Jamie's missing for like 75% of it and spends most of her airtime drugged up (the character, that is).

VICTORIA: 10

DENISE: 12

WALLACE: 12

DEREK: 14

MEGAN: 15 - I should have cut this WITH Scream Queens. I did Elliott and Dee a solid here and didn't! But it's a BAD movie.

12. JUDITH "JUDE" MADIGAN - MOTHER'S BOYS (1993)

From Wikipedia: "Jude Madigan (Curtis) suddenly and inexplicably leaves her husband, Robert (Gallagher), and three sons. Three years later, when Robert finally files for divorce, Jude returns and tries to reclaim her former life. Robert refuses and insists on the divorce. Jude does not accept Robert's decision. She tries, unsuccessfully, to seduce him and harasses Robert's new girlfriend, Callie (Whalley). Eventually, Jude manipulates and convinces her eldest son, Kes (Luke Edwards), that Callie is the only person standing in the way of their reunited family." According to a review in Empire, "What begins as a heart-stopping thriller soon succumbs to cliche-ridden predictability, with a hilariously clumsy narrative."

WALLACE: 8

DEREK: 9 - Jamie makes a fun villain.

MEGAN: 10

DENISE: 13

ELLIOTT: 13 - It's alright. Jamie is by far the best thing about this movie, and does what she can with an otherwise weird script.

VICTORIA: 14

DEE: 15 - Never seen this film.

11. ALANA MAXWELL - TERROR TRAIN (1980)

From Wikipedia: "Terror Train is a 1980 Canadian slasher film directed by Roger Spottiswoode in his directorial debut and starring Jamie Lee Curtis, Ben Johnson, and Hart Bochner. Set aboard a moving train on New Year's Eve, the film follows a group of pre-medical school students holding a costume party who are targeted by a killer who steals their costumes after murdering them to avoid being caught." A review in the Los Angeles Times praised the film's atmosphere and characterized it as "stylish, scary fun". Time also praised the film's style, calling it "sleek and eerie."

VICTORIA: 7

ELLIOTT: 8 - One of my favourite low-budget slashers of the 80s.

DEE: 9 - A very fun film that has an interesting whodunnit aspect to it, but at its core is still just a generic slasher. Still better than most slashers though! Really fun watch and the style/atmosphere of the film holds up very well. JLC is solid as the Final Girl, of course.

DENISE: 10

DEREK: 13

WALLACE: 13

MEGAN: 14 - bad.

DEE: 10 - Laurie Strode is portrayed way too incompetently in this film for me to rank this any higher.

ELLIOTT: 10 - You can tell how little Jamie Lee Curtis, John Carpenter and Debra Hill wanted to do this film considering Jamie's missing for like 75% of it and spends most of her airtime drugged up (the character, that is).

twinning pauly d GIF

20 minutes ago, 1234567890 said:

@*Wallace ranking Anything But Love at number 3? :dead: It's on TV. No wonder. :giggle:

16 minutes ago, Elliott said:

Well he probably watched it in his youth so he remembers it.

Lol I don't remember the show at all but I liked what I saw of it and I did want to help the TV show of it. :haha: It wasn't last so #goalaccomplished. :giggle: 

1 minute ago, totes4totes said:

WOW IF I KNEW ELLIOTT AND DEE AND VICTORIA WOULD ALL PUT HALLOWEEN II AT 10 I WOULD HAVE CUT IT WITH SCREAM QUEENS

Her filmography is so garbage that Halloween II making the endgame is preferable. LOL.

• Haha 1

10. ELIZABETH SOLLEY - THE FOG (1980)

From Wikipedia: "It tells the story of a strange, glowing fog that sweeps over a small coastal town in California, bringing with it the vengeful ghosts of mariners who were killed in a shipwreck there 100 years before. The Fog received mixed reviews upon release but was a hit at the box office, making over $21 million domestically on a $1.1 million budget. Since release, it has received more positive retrospective reviews and has become a cult classic."

DEE: 6 - A very underrated 80's horror film. Very lost in the shuffle because of the overload of slasher flicks, but The Fog is a very unique horror classic.

MEGAN: 6

DEREK: 7

DENISE: 11

VICTORIA: 11

WALLACE: 11

ELLIOTT: 12 - Though I love John Carpenter and several of the icons in this film, it's never been among my all-time favourites. That said, the writing/directing/acting is tight and Jamie slays, but of her early horror work, I tend to overlook it.

9. KIM HAMMOND - PROM NIGHT (1980)

From Wikipedia: "The plot follows a group of high school seniors who are targeted at their prom by a masked killer seeking vengeance for the accidental death of a young girl six years earlier." In addition, "Prom Night received some critical accolades, garnering Genie Award nominations for editing and for Curtis's leading performance." The clip above is a trailer, but the entire movie is available to stream on YouTube.

VICTORIA: 6

DEE: 7 - This is a bit unfair, but this film earns such a high ranking from me solely because of the Wendy Richards chase scene. JLC is great as per usual.

ELLIOTT: 7 - One of my favourite low-budget slashers of the 80s.

DENISE: 9

WALLACE: 9

MEGAN: 11 - bad.

DEREK: 12

8. LAURIE STRODE / KERI TATE - HALLOWEEN H20: 20 YEARS LATER (1998)

From Wikipedia: "The film is a direct sequel to the first two films, ignoring installments III-6 and follows a post-traumatic Laurie Strode, who has faked her death in order to go into hiding from her brother, Michael Myers, who finds her working at a private boarding school in California." According to Rotten Tomatoes, "Halloween: H20 is the best of the many sequels, yet still pales in comparison to the original Halloween." A review from the San Francisco Chronicle said "Curtis, with her plain, unglamorous appearance, rises to the occasion and delivers as compelling a performance as any this summer."

WALLACE: 4

ELLIOTT: 5 - I've said many times that H20 is one of the most dated Halloween films, but JLC's acting in the film was top-notch and she carries a bulk of the film's emotional weight on her shoulders! Plus it's a Halloween film so I'm ranking it high. :giggle:

DENISE: 8

VICTORIA: 9

DEE: 11 - JLC saves this film from being completely worthless. Sorry Elliott.

DEREK: 11

MEGAN: 12 - bad.

7. PAMELA "HITCH" RUSHWORTH - ROAD GAMES (1981)

From Wikipedia: "Road Games is a 1981 Australian horror-thriller film directed by Richard Franklin and starring Stacy Keach and Jamie Lee Curtis. The film follows a truck driver travelling across Australia who, along with the help of a hitchhiker, seeks to track down a serial killer who is butchering women and dumping their dismembered bodies along desolate highways." As well, "Variety gave the film a positive review, calling it 'an above-average suspenser.'"

DENISE: 5

WALLACE: 7

DEE: 8 - Super underrated flick that is too often ignored for her more mainstream 80's slasher films that immediately preceded the release of this film. JLC is solid as ever, of course.

DEREK: 8

MEGAN: 9

ELLIOTT: 11 - I also saw this for the first time recently and I dug it. It's definitely going to be a film that isn't for everyone, but I liked the slow-burn and suspenseful nature of it.

VICTORIA: 12

6. WANDA GERSHWITZ - A FISH CALLED WANDA (1988)

From Wikipedia: "A Fish Called Wanda is a 1988 heist comedy film directed by Charles Crichton and written by John Cleese. It stars Jamie Lee Curtis, Kevin Kline and Michael Palin as a gang of diamond thieves who double-cross one another to find stolen diamonds hidden by the gang leader. A barrister (Cleese) becomes a central figure as femme fatale Wanda (Curtis) uses him to locate the loot. It was Crichton's last film." As well, "Cleese and Palin won BAFTA Awards for Best Actor and Best Supporting Actor for their performances while Curtis was nominated for Best Actress." According to Rotten Tomatoes, "Smartly written, smoothly directed, and solidly cast, A Fish Called Wanda offers a classic example of a brainy comedy with widespread appeal."

MEGAN: 2 - I love a heist movie! I also think this is really the role that allowed Jamie Lee Curtis to not just show how good she is in a comedy but also how good she is as a leading actress. I know people here love her Scream Queen credentials, and I do too, but I think Jamie Lee Curtis's two best roles were outside horror movies and I'm not afraid to rank it that way.

DEE: 3 - She deserved an Academy Award nomination for her performance.

DEREK: 4 - almost tanked this more because of the Scream Queens cut, lol but it turns out this game isn't that serious.

WALLACE: 5

DENISE: 6

VICTORIA: 8

ELLIOTT: 9 - It's hilarious and this rankdown has reminded me that I really do need to watch it again because it's been a while.