Actors & Actresses Rankdowns 2.0 (Winner Posted)

Steven_

15. MARY - ABOUT TIME (2013)

From Wikipedia: "The film is about a young man with the ability to time travel who tries to change his past in hopes of improving his future." Rachel McAdams plays the love interest Mary. Rotten Tomatoes gives it a 68% approval rating and says, "Beautifully filmed and unabashedly sincere, About Time finds director Richard Curtis at his most sentimental."

VICTORIA: 9 - Okay.
PRISCILLA: 10

ALEX: 11 - I feel like this poster always pops up whenever I'm scrolling through netflix and I refuse to watch it on principal.

DEE: 11 - Bad.
CHRIS: 12 - This movie never felt fresh.

REI: 12 - Never seen it.

SOLA: 13

MEGAN: 15

14. JANE - TO THE WONDER (2012)

From Wikipedia: "The film chronicles a couple who, after falling in love in Paris, struggle to keep their relationship from falling apart after moving to the United States." According to Rotten Tomatoes, the film has a 46% approval rating and says, "To the Wonder demonstrates Terrence Malick's gift for beautiful images, but its narrative is overly somber and emotionally unsatisfying."

DEE: 7 - Good movie but stars Ben Affleck. No thanks.

ALEX: 10 - Pretending to be in love with Ben Affleck is her bravest performance.

REI: 10 - Never seen it.
CHRIS: 11 - Never cared for this movie.

VICTORIA: 11 - Sure.

SOLA: 12

MEGAN: 13

PRISCILLA: 13

13. ANTIGONE "ANI" BEZZERIDES - TRUE DETECTIVE (2015)

From Wikipedia: "The season's story takes place in California and follows the interweaving stories of officers from three cooperating police departments; when California Highway Patrol officer and war veteran Paul Woodrugh (Kitsch) discovers the body of corrupt city manager Ben Caspere on the side of a highway, Vinci Police Department detective Raymond "Ray" Velcoro (Farrell) and Ventura County Sheriff's Office Criminal Investigation Division Sergeant Antigone "Ani" Bezzerides (McAdams) are called to assist in the following investigation." Rotten Tomatoes gives it a 65% approval rating and says, "True Detective's second season stands on its own as a solid police drama, with memorable moments and resonant relationships outweighing predictable plot twists."

CHRIS: 5 - Probably will be last cause no one ever seen it, but she absolutely brilliant in this series.

ALEX: 7 - Such a disappointing season of television. But Rachel was great!

REI: 9 - Never seen it.

MEGAN: 11

DEE: 12 - The way the show had an amazing first season and a terrible second season.

SOLA: 14

VICTORIA: 14 - Cool.

PRISCILLA: 15

12. DELLA FRYE - STATE OF PLAY (2009)

From Wikipedia: "The film tells of a journalist's (Russell Crowe) probe into the suspicious death of a congressman's (Ben Affleck) mistress. The supporting cast includes Rachel McAdams, Helen Mirren, Jason Bateman, Robin Wright and Jeff Daniels. Macdonald said that State of Play is influenced by the films of the 1970s and explores the subject of privatization of American Homeland Security and to a minor extent journalistic independence, along with the relationship between politicians and the press." Rotten Tomatoes gives it an 84% approval rating and says, "A taut, well-acted political thriller, State of Play overcomes some unsubtle plot twists with an intelligent script and swift direction."

SOLA: 6

REI: 7 - I forgot about this film but I really liked it.
DEE: 8 - Good movie but stars Ben Affleck. No thanks.
MEGAN: 10

PRISCILLA: 12

VICTORIA: 12 - Nice.

ALEX: 13 - How many of these random ass action movies did she do??
CHRIS: 14 - Never seen and no interest in it.

11. CLARE ABSHIRE - THE TIME TRAVELER'S WIFE (2009)

From Wikipedia: "The story follows Henry DeTamble (Bana), a Chicago librarian with a paranormal genetic disorder that causes him to randomly time travel as he tries to build a romantic relationship with Clare Abshire (McAdams), who would become his wife." Rotten Tomatoes gives it a 39% approval rating and says, "Though it may satisfy fans of the novel, The Time Traveler's Wife's plot's contrivances and illogical narrative hamper its big screen effectiveness."

SOLA: 5
CHRIS: 8 - I always enjoyed this movie, it's kind of a guilty pleasure.

VICTORIA: 8 - It's okay. Not her most noteworthy role.

ALEX: 9 - Rachel McAdams jumping through hoops for Eric Bana, who can blame her?

PRISCILLA: 11

MEGAN: 12

DEE: 14 - Very bad.

REI: 15 - Never seen it.

10. IRENE ADLER - SHERLOCK HOLMES (2009)

From Wikipedia: "Robert Downey Jr. and Jude Law portray Sherlock Holmes and Dr. John Watson, respectively. In 1890, eccentric detective Holmes and his companion Watson are hired by a secret society to foil a mysticist's plot to gain control of Britain by seemingly supernatural means. Rachel McAdams stars as their former adversary Irene Adler and Mark Strong portrays villain Lord Henry Blackwood." Rotten Tomatoes gives it a 69% approval rating and says, "Guy Ritchie's directorial style might not be quite the best fit for an update on the legendary detective, but Sherlock Holmes benefits from the elementary appeal of a strong performance by Robert Downey, Jr."

SOLA: 2

ALEX: 5 - I LOVE McAdams as Irene Adler. She's my favorite character in the movie easily. She's so witty and easily rootable.
MEGAN: 8

DEE: 9 - Gives me nothing.

REI: 11 - Never seen it.
CHRIS: 13 - Meh.

PRISCILLA: 14

VICTORIA: 15 - I don't like it.

9. CLAIRE CLEARY - WEDDING CRASHERS (2005)

From Wikipedia: "The film follows two divorce mediators (Wilson and Vaughn) who crash weddings in an attempt to meet and seduce women." According to Rotten Tomatoes, the film has a 75% approval rating and says, "Wedding Crashers is both raunchy and sweet, and features top-notch comic performances from Vince Vaughn and Owen Wilson."

SOLA: 4
PRISCILLA: 5

REI: 5 - It is surprisingly fun.

VICTORIA: 7 - This is a fine enough spot for this movie.

ALEX: 8 - I love Wedding Crashers, but it's definitely not a Rachel McAdams vehicle. She does the best she can do with an underwritten role and she's still charming as ever. Vince Vaughn is pretty much the star of the movie (or Will Ferrell in his big scene).

DEE: 13 - Makes date rape jokes and has aged terribly.
MEGAN: 14
CHRIS: 15 - Not a fan of the movie.

8. ALLISON "ALLIE" HAMILTON - THE NOTEBOOK (2004)

From Wikipedia: "The film stars Ryan Gosling and Rachel McAdams as a young couple who fall in love in the 1940s. Their story is read from a notebook in the present day by an elderly man (played by James Garner), telling the tale to a fellow nursing home resident (played by Gena Rowlands)." Rotten Tomatoes gives it a 53% approval rating and says, "It's hard not to admire its unabashed sentimentality, but The Notebook is too clumsily manipulative to rise above its melodramatic clichés."

PRISCILLA: 1

VICTORIA: 1 - It's not going to win and I don't want it to but I just know people are going to tank it.
CHRIS: 4 - One of the best romantic movie to ever be based on a Nicolas Spark's book, along with A Walk To Remember. And she was brilliant in it.

MEGAN: 6

REI: 13 - Never seen it.

ALEX: 15 - Meh, never going to see it. I'm sure she's good though!

DEE: 15 - Bad.

SOLA: 15

7. THE MOTHER - THE LITTLE PRINCE (2015)

From Wikipedia: "The film relates the story of the book using stop motion animation, which is woven into a computer animated framing narrative about a young girl who has just met the book's now-elderly aviator narrator, who tells her the story of his meeting with the Little Prince in the Sahara desert." Rotten Tomatoes gives it a 93% approval rating and says, "Beautifully animated and faithful to the spirit of its classic source material, The Little Prince is a family-friendly treat that anchors thrilling visuals with a satisfying story."

CHRIS: 2 - A voice-over role but I absolutely love this movie.

MEGAN: 3

DEE: 4 - Very good.

PRISCILLA: 7

REI: 8 - Never seen it.

SOLA: 11

VICTORIA: 13 - Interesting.

ALEX: 14 - I've never seen it, but from the trailer it looks like her part is really small (and her character doesn't even have a name).

6. SIGRIT ERICKSÓTTIR - EUROVISION SONG CONTEST: THE STORY OF FIRE SAGA (2020)

From Wikipedia: "The film follows Icelandic singers Lars Erickssong and Sigrit Ericksdóttir (Ferrell and Rachel McAdams) as they are given the chance to represent their country at the Eurovision Song Contest. Pierce Brosnan, Dan Stevens, and Demi Lovato also star." Rotten Tomatoes gives it a 64% approval rating and says, "Eurovision Song Contest: The Story of Fire Saga contains inspired ingredients and laugh-out-loud moments but they're outnumbered by the flat stretches in this overlong comedy."

ALEX: 3 - Had absolutely no business being as good as it was, but Rachel McAdams (and Dan Stevens) completely made this movie.
VICTORIA: 3 - This might do bad because it recently came out but it's actually really good.
CHRIS: 6 - Maybe I am ranking this higher than I expected to, since it's the movie that is most fresh in my mind.

SOLA: 7

PRISCILLA: 8

MEGAN: 9

DEE: 10 - Not good.

REI: 14 - Never seen it.

Edited by Steven_

5. LISA REISERT - RED EYE (2005)

From Wikipedia: "Red Eye is a 2005 American action thriller film directed by Wes Craven and written by Carl Ellsworth based on a story by Ellsworth and Dan Foos. The film follows a hotel manager ensnared in an assassination plot by a terrorist while aboard a red-eye flight to Miami." Rotten Tomatoes gives it a 79% approval rating and says, "With solid performances and tight direction from Wes Craven, Red Eye is a brisk, economic thriller."

MEGAN: 2

DEE: 3 - An amazing film that will be robbed!

VICTORIA: 5 - Rachel McAdams + horror. Yes, please.

PRISCILLA: 6

REI: 6 - I watched only once when it premiered and I liked it a lot.

CHRIS: 7 - Really enjoyed this movie.

SOLA: 9

ALEX: 12 - Never saw it. Looks like the epitome of a mid-2000's action movie.

4. ESTI KUPERMAN - DISOBEDIENCE (2017)

From Wikipedia: "Disobedience is a 2017 romantic drama film directed by Sebastián Lelio and written by Lelio and Rebecca Lenkiewicz, based on the novel of the same name by Naomi Alderman. The film stars Rachel Weisz, Rachel McAdams, and Alessandro Nivola. Set in North London, it tells the story of a woman who returns to the strict Orthodox Jewish community for her father's funeral after living in New York for many years, having been estranged from her father and ostracised by the community for a reason that becomes clearer as the story unfolds." According to Rotten Tomatoes, the film has an 84% approval rating and says, "Disobedience explores a variety of thought-provoking themes, bolstered by gripping work from leads Rachel Weisz, Rachel McAdams, and Alessandro Nivola."

MEGAN: 1

REI: 1 - Rachel McAdams and Rachel Weisz both made me question my sexuality.

DEE: 2 - Lesbian love between two hot women. Iconic.
CHRIS: 3 - Love everything about this movie.

ALEX: 4 - The Rachel's being lesbians together? A duo!

PRISCILLA: 9

SOLA: 10

VICTORIA: 10 - Fine.

3. SACHA PFEIFFER - SPOTLIGHT (2015)

From Wikipedia: "Spotlight is a 2015 American biographical drama film directed by Tom McCarthy and written by McCarthy and Josh Singer. The film follows The Boston Globe's "Spotlight" team, the oldest continuously operating newspaper investigative journalist unit in the United States, and its investigation into cases of widespread and systemic child sex abuse in the Boston area by numerous Roman Catholic priests." Rotten Tomatoes gives it a 97% approval rating and says, "Spotlight gracefully handles the lurid details of its fact-based story while resisting the temptation to lionize its heroes, resulting in a drama that honors the audience as well as its real-life subjects." Spotlight won the Academy Award for Best Picture. Rachel McAdams was nominated for Best Supporting Actress too.

CHRIS: 1 - Flawless role - she deserves the world for this role.

PRISCILLA: 2

REI: 2 - Top-notch acting.

DEE: 5 - Pretty good.

ALEX: 6 - Lol I always forget that Rachel McAdams is Oscar nominated. She's great in this movie. I don't think she herself brought anything intersting to the role though. Like any actress could do Spotlight, but not anyone could do Mean Girls if that makes sense.

VICTORIA: 6 - It probably should be higher but I feel other will do that for me.

MEGAN: 7

SOLA: 8

2. ANNIE DAVIS - GAME NIGHT (2018)

From Wikipedia: "Game Night is a 2018 American action comedy film directed by John Francis Daley and Jonathan Goldstein and written by Mark Perez. It stars Jason Bateman and Rachel McAdams, and follows a group of friends whose game night turns into a real-life mystery after one of them is kidnapped by apparent burglars." Rotten Tomatoes gives it an 85% approval rating and says, "With a talented cast turned loose on a loaded premise — and a sharp script loaded with dark comedy and unexpected twists — Game Night might be more fun than the real thing."

ALEX: 2 - Underrated movie and hysterical performance from Rachel. Has so much rewatch value.
PRISCILLA: 3

SOLA: 3
MEGAN: 4

REI: 4 - It is surprisingly fun.

VICTORIA: 4 - Hilarious. I was pleasantly surprised when watching it.

DEE: 6 - Good but I do not stan it at all.
CHRIS: 10 - Fun movie.

1. REGINA GEORGE - MEAN GIRLS (2004)

From Wikipedia: "Mean Girls is a 2004 American teen comedy film directed by Mark Waters, and written by Tina Fey. The film stars Lindsay Lohan, Rachel McAdams, Tim Meadows, Ana Gasteyer, Amy Poehler and Fey. It is based in part on Rosalind Wiseman's 2002 non-fiction self-help book, Queen Bees and Wannabes, which describes female high school social cliques and the damaging effects they can have on girls. Fey also drew from her own experience at Upper Darby High School as an inspiration for some of the concepts in the film." Rachel McAdams plays Regina George, a rich popular teenager. Regina is Janis's ex-best friend and the leader of The Plastics. Rachel McAdams was cast as Regina because Fey felt McAdams being "kind and polite" made her perfect for such an evil-spirited character. Rotten Tomatoes gives it an 84% approval rating and says, "Elevated by a brilliant screenplay and outstanding ensemble cast, Mean Girls finds fresh, female-fronted humor in the high school experience." The film has become a pop-culture phenomenon. In an interview about the film, Fey noted, "Adults find it funny. They are the ones who are laughing. Young people watch it like a reality show. It's much too close to their real experiences so they are not exactly guffawing." Entertainment Weekly put it on its end-of-the-decade, "best-of" list, saying, "'Fetch' may never happen, but 2004's eminently quotable movie is still one of the sharpest high school satires ever. Which is pretty grool, if you ask me!" In 2006, Entertainment Weekly also named it the twelfth best high school film of all time, explaining: "While Mean Girls is technically a comedy, its depiction of girl-on-girl cattiness stings incredibly true."

ALEX: 1 - Regina George is one of the most iconic villains in cinematic history. Such a star-making role for McAdams. Mean Girls is not the same without her.
DEE: 1 - Iconic.

SOLA: 1
VICTORIA: 2 - The only acceptable winner.

REI: 3 - A classic.
PRISCILLA: 4
MEGAN: 5
CHRIS: 9 - I absolutely love the movie. It will probably going to win & I'd be fine with it. But I feel she has better roles. Perfect movie to win for a Lacey Chabert or Jonathan Bennet's round.

• Like 1