Actors & Actresses Rankdowns 2.0 (Winner Posted)

Steven_

Viola Davis' filmography is disappointing. That clip of hers that went viral where she talks about how she deserves to be as renowned as Meryl Streep but doesn't get the same opportunities as her is so true. Viola Davis is one of the greatest living actresses and yet I can barely scrap together 10 films, let alone 15, that need to be in the endgame. It's disgusting.

• Like 3

I've seen that clip like over a week ago and I appreciated her candor and boldness. I was expecting the comments to be mean but many were supporting her. She is an amazing actress and yet is severly underpaid while actors like Kevin Hart and The Rock get payed MILLIONS for mediocrity. And I say that as a fan of The Rock but mostly from his WWE days. Viola Davis is the black Meryl Streep but one day she will just be VIOLA DAVIS with no preface. :wub:

VOTES SO FAR

Out of Sight (1998) - 6

Knight and Day (2010) - 6

Far From Heaven (2002) - 4

State of Play (2009) - 4

Won't Back Down (2012) - 1

The Disappearance of Eleanor Rigby (2013) - 1

Custody (2016) - 1

Troop Zero (2019) - 1

Antwone Fisher (2002)

Solaris (2002)

Trust (2010)

6/8 rankers voted, but we already have a majority.

TOP 15

FILM ROLES

Antwone Fisher (2002)

Solaris (2002)

Doubt (2008)

It's Kind of a Funny Story (2010)

Trust (2010)

The Help (2011)

Won't Back Down (2012)

The Disappearance of Eleanor Rigby (2013)

Prisoners (2013)

Custody (2016)

Fences (2016)

Widows (2018)

Troop Zero (2019)

TV ROLES

United States of Tara (2009)

How to Get Away with Murder (2014)

Rankers can now send me their rankings of the Top 15. Write-ups aren’t required, but comments are appreciated. Send me your rankings ASAP please. I’ll post results as soon as I have all the rankings.

31 minutes ago, Alex95 said:

Viola Davis' filmography is disappointing. That clip of hers that went viral where she talks about how she deserves to be as renowned as Meryl Streep but doesn't get the same opportunities as her is so true. Viola Davis is one of the greatest living actresses and yet I can barely scrap together 10 films, let alone 15, that need to be in the endgame. It's disgusting.

Agree! She's such a great actress and I feel like she really gets the roles she deserves on stage where she really got her start but it's definitely racism in the industry that her career doesn't have many of the same caliber of films that Meryl Streep has.

• Like 1