Actors & Actresses Rankdowns 2.0 (Winner Posted)

Steven_

15. ALLISON VANDERMEERSH - GHOSTS OF GIRLFRIENDS PAST (2009)

From Wikipedia: Ghosts of Girlfriends Past features a wedding day and the day before, rather than the familiar Christmas and Christmas Eve from A Christmas Carol. The three ghosts share similar appearances with the original descriptions, and the film shares the traditional plot points from the book. The first is the "Ghost of Girlfriends Past" in the form of Allison, Matthew McConaughey's character first lover.

SOLA: 9

QK: 10

ALEX: 12 - This trailer looks bad, but Emma's performance looks fun!

CHRIS: 12

DEE: 13 - A legitimately awful movie. How did this make it to the end?

ELLIOTT: 13

REI: 14

ANDY: 15

14. JILL POLLARD  - IRRATIONAL MAN (2015)

From Wikipedia: Irrational Man is a 2015 American crime mystery drama film written and directed by Woody Allen, and starring Joaquin Phoenix, Emma Stone, Parker Posey and Jamie Blackley. On a small town college campus, a philosophy professor in existential crisis gives his life new purpose when he enters into a relationship with his student.

QK: 7

CHRIS: 11

ELLIOTT: 12

REI: 12

SOLA: 12

ANDY: 14

ALEX: 15 - Oh noooo today I learned Emma Stone did a Woody Allen movie where she hooks up with her professor Joaquin Phoenix. I wish I went the rest of my life without knowing that.

DEE: 15 - F*ck you Woody Allen.

13. NATALIE - THE HOUSE BUNNY (2008)

From Wikipedia: The House Bunny stars Anna Faris as a former Playboy bunny who signs up to be the "house mother" of an unpopular university sorority after finding out she must leave the Playboy Mansion. Emma Stone plays Natalie, a Zeta sister who is nerdy and intellectual, but open about new experiences.

SOLA: 2

CHRIS: 9

ALEX: 10 - This movie advancing getting all the confused reactions? Iconic!

ANDY: 13

REI: 13

DEE: 14 - No.

ELLIOTT: 15

QK: 15

12. KAYLA - FRIENDS WITH BENEFITS (2011)

From Wikipedia: The plot revolves around Dylan Harper (Justin Timberlake) and Jamie Rellis (Mila Kunis), who meet in New York City, and naively believe adding sex to their friendship will not lead to complications. Over time, they begin to develop deep mutual feelings for each other, only to deny it each time they are together. Emma Stone plays Kayla, Dylan's girlfriend who breaks up with him in the beginning of the film.

REI: 8

ANDY: 10

CHRIS: 10

ELLIOTT: 10

DEE: 11 - Isn't she hardly in this film?

QK: 13

ALEX: 14 - I've never seen this, but I watched a clip of Emma Stone dumping Justin Timberlake and I said "good for her."

SOLA: 15

11. GRACE FARADAY - GANGSTER SQUAD (2013)

From Wikipedia: Set in 1949, the plot is a fictionalized account of the LAPD officers and detectives, called the 'Gangster Squad', who attempt to keep Los Angeles safe from Mickey Cohen and his gang. Emma Stone plays Grace Faraday. Faraday is Cohen's (played by Sean Penn) social etiquette teacher and quasi lover. She is soft-spoken but has a heart for Wooters (played by Ryan Gosling) over Cohen and eventually betrays her lover to the police.

SOLA: 3

QK: 6

ALEX: 11 - Though I love a good Gosling/Stone collaboration this movie looks kinda dumb.

ANDY: 12

DEE: 12 - This movie is legitimately awful.

ELLIOTT: 14

CHRIS: 15

REI: 15

10. HANNAH WEAVER - CRAZY, STUPID, LOVE (2011)

From Wikipedia: Crazy, Stupid, Love is a romantic comedy that follows a recently divorced man who seeks to rediscover his manhood and is taught how to pick up women at bars. Emma Stone plays a young law student named Hannah. She is a love interest for Ryan Gosling's character Jacob, the man who takes Steve Carell's character Cal under his wing. There's also a plot twist at the end involving Hannah's relation with Cal.

ELLIOTT: 4

REI: 5

ANDY: 6

CHRIS: 6

QK: 8

ALEX: 9 - A really overrated movie, but Stone gives my second favorite performance behind Moore.

DEE: 9 - A really good movie. But not a movie that should win.

SOLA: 13

9. JULES  - SUPERBAD (2007)

From Wikipedia: The film stars Jonah Hill and Michael Cera as Seth and Evan, two teenagers about to graduate from high school. Before graduating, the boys want to party and lose their virginity, but their plan proves harder than expected. Emma Stone plays Jules, the love interest of Jonah Hill's Seth.

QK: 2

ELLIOTT: 5

ANDY: 7

DEE: 7 - Wish I could rank this higher because the movie is amazing, but her role in the film is just a bit too minimal.

ALEX: 8 - An iconic movie that helped introduce the world to Emma Stone. But it's not like a huge acting role for her or anything.

SOLA: 8

REI: 10

CHRIS: 13

8. GWEN STACY - THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN (2012)

From Wikipedia: The Amazing Spider-Man is the fourth theatrical Spider-Man film produced by Columbia Pictures and Marvel Entertainment, a reboot of the series following Sam Raimi's 2002–2007 Spider-Man trilogy, and the first of the two The Amazing Spider-Man films. Emma Stone plays Gwen Stacy, a high school classmate and love interest of Peter Parker. She is a smart and charismatic girl who is the chief Intern at Oscorp.

ELLIOTT: 3

QK: 4

ALEX: 6 - Stonefield made me believe in love and I still haven't gotten over this celebrity breakup!

SOLA: 6

CHRIS: 8

DEE: 10 - Not a fan of this take on Spider-Man. Not a bad movie, just do not care for it.

ANDY: 11

REI: 11

7. SAM THOMSON - BIRDMAN OR (THE UNEXPECTED VIRTUE OF IGNORANCE) (2014)

From Wikipedia: The film stars Michael Keaton as Riggan Thomson, a faded Hollywood actor best known for playing the superhero "Birdman", as he struggles to mount a Broadway adaptation of a short story by Raymond Carver. The film covers the period of previews leading to the play's opening, and with a brief exception appears as if filmed in a single shot, an idea Iñárritu had from the film's conception. Emma Stone plays Michael Keaton's character Riggan's daughter Sam, a recovering drug addict with whom he is trying to reconnect and is working as his assistant.

DEE: 2 - Amazing movie.

ELLIOTT: 2

ANDY: 3

CHRIS: 5

REI: 9

SOLA: 10

QK: 12

ALEX: 13 - I've never liked the movie and I don't wanna see it win for Emma. I think she does a great job, but I don't think this performance is what makes Stone special.

6. WICHITA / KRISTA - ZOMBIELAND (2009)

From Wikipedia: The film stars Woody Harrelson, Jesse Eisenberg, Emma Stone, and Abigail Breslin as survivors of a zombie apocalypse. The film follows a geeky college kid making his way through the zombie apocalypse, meeting three strangers along the way and together taking an extended road trip across the Southwestern United States in an attempt to find a sanctuary free from zombies. Emma Stone plays Wichita, Little Rock's older sister and Columbus's love interest. She is one of the few survivors of the zombie apocalypse, and overly protective of her little sister. Her real name is Krista.

QK: 1

DEE: 3 - One of the best takes on zombies ever.

ALEX: 5 - Love this movie! And I think Emma's actually really good in it as well, even if it's mainly just a fun movie. But her opening scene where she's tricking Tallahassee and Columbus is legit great acting.

REI: 4

ELLIOTT: 6

ANDY: 8

CHRIS: 14

SOLA: 14

5. BILLIE JEAN KING - BATTLE OF THE SEXES (2017)

From Wikipedia: The plot is loosely based on the 1973 tennis match between Billie Jean King and Bobby Riggs. The film stars Emma Stone and Steve Carell as King and Riggs. It received positive reviews from critics, who praised the performances of Stone and Carell and the direction, with some calling it the best performance of Stone's career.

REI: 2

DEE: 5 - Really good movie, solid performance from Emma as King. Not super exciting stuff, but very well-done stuff.

QK: 5

ALEX: 7 - It's good, didn't blow me away, but it's good.

CHRIS: 7

ELLIOTT: 7

ANDY: 9

SOLA: 11

4. ANNIE LANDSBERG  - MANIAC (2018)

From Wikipedia: TThe series follows two strangers who connect during a mind-bending pharmaceutical trial and stars Emma Stone, Jonah Hill, Justin Theroux, Sonoya Mizuno, Gabriel Byrne, and Sally Field. Upon release, the series received positive reviews from critics, with many praising its visuals, direction and acting, particularly the performances of Stone and Hill.

ALEX: 3 - We all slept on this miniseries and I'm mad about it! It's Cary Joji Fukunaga's best work since True Detective S1 and an AMAZING acting showcase for both Stone and Jonah Hill. Emma Stone shows so much range in this performance and if you haven't seen it, it's on Netflix and I highly recommend it!

ANDY: 4

CHRIS: 4

SOLA: 5

DEE: 6 - Very underrated Netflix series. I loved every minute of it.

REI: 7

QK: 9

ELLIOTT: 11

3. MIA DOLAN - LA LA LAND (2016)

From Wikipedia: La La Land is a 2016 American musical romantic drama film written and directed by Damien Chazelle. It stars Ryan Gosling as a jazz pianist and Emma Stone as an aspiring actress, who meet and fall in love while pursuing their dreams in Los Angeles. La La Land was praised for Chazelle's screenplay and direction, Gosling and Stone's performances, the musical score, musical numbers, visuals, cinematography, and production design. It won a record-breaking seven awards from its seven nominations at the 74th Golden Globes and received eleven nominations at the 70th British Academy Film Awards, winning five awards, including Best Film. It also received a record-tying fourteen nominations at the 89th Academy Awards, winning in six categories, including Best Director for Chazelle and Best Actress for Stone.

ALEX: 2 - Queen sh*t! Flawless performance all around, Emma earned that Oscar with the audition scene! She makes me cry every time with the final scene.

ANDY: 2

CHRIS: 2

SOLA: 4

REI: 6

DEE: 8 - Her performance as Mia is incredible. Do I think she deserved the Oscar? No.

ELLIOTT: 8

QK: 14

2. ABIGAIL MASHAM - THE FAVOURITE (2018)

From Wikipedia:  Set in early 18th century Great Britain, the film's plot examines the relationship between two cousins, Sarah, Duchess of Marlborough (Rachel Weisz) and Abigail Masham (Emma Stone), who are vying to be Court favourite of Queen Anne (Olivia Colman). The Favourite was praised for the performances of the three leads, and it received numerous awards and nominations, including ten Academy Award nominations.

ALEX: 1 - I'm absolutely obsessed with all three main performances in the movie, but Stone's is honestly my favorite (and one of my favorites of the decade). Her character has the most well-developed arc. One second I'm rooting for her and the next I'm rooting against her. And that's all thanks to Stone's performance. The most mature performance of her career and also legit hilarious. I feel like Colman and Weisz have gotten the most love for this movie and Stone's been slept on and she does not deserve that at all!

ANDY: 1

CHRIS: 1

DEE: 1 - I mean...this is the only correct #1.

REI: 1

SOLA: 7

ELLIOTT: 9

QK: 11

1. OLIVE PENDERGHAST - EASY A (2010)

From Wikipedia: Prompted by her popular best friend to spill details of her boring weekend, Olive (Emma Stone), a clean-cut teen, decides to spice things up by telling a little lie about losing her virginity. When the high-school busybody (Amanda Bynes) overhears the conversation and spreads it all over campus, Olive is suddenly notorious but for the wrong reasons. Rotten Tomatoes says "It owes a huge debt to older (and better) teen comedies, but Easy A proves a smart, witty showcase for its irresistibly charming star, Emma Stone." Time Magazine named Emma Stone's performance one of the ten best film performances of 2010, writing that "Stone lends winning maturity and a gift for making sassy dialogue sound natural. This 22-year-old is an actress-personality — a star — around whom Hollywood could build some pretty good movies."

ELLIOTT: 1

SOLA: 1

CHRIS: 3

QK: 3

REI: 3

ALEX: 4 - One of the most iconic teen movie roles ever. The movie that made Emma Stone who she is. Though the script is really funny, I don't think the movie would be half as funny without her leading it.

DEE: 4 - Just love her performance in this movie. Such a star-making performance.

ANDY: 5

Edited by Steven_