The Voice: Idol Factor Part 1

sydneysam

The theme for the Live Playoffs Round 3/Final Round is...

picsart-07-19-08-03-22.jpg

This theme will be encountered again at a certain round in the Live Shows. This theme basically tells that other mentors get to choose the songs for a certain category that is not theirs. @jarmon chose the songs for the Final 4 Underdogs tonight.

Edited by anonymouskid_35

Opening out the Final Round of the Live Playoffs is an underdog that found herself on the middle of the mentors last week. She had mixed feedbacks on her take on Demi Lovato on the 2nd Round of the Live Playoffs, some said that it is her worst performance yet, as she had many pitch issues all throughout the performance, some defended her. But, in the end, she proved to have impress the viewers enough to have her safe in the last round, she had one of the highest votes on that.

1. Kennedy Holmes
     - Song: Wind Beneath My Wings (Bette Midler)

• Like 1

MENTORS COMMENTS

IAN27TAY: *stands and claps* Wow, Kennedy! I'm really proud that you performed an old and diva-ish song, I gotta say you were one of the best performers on this season, and your voice is actually great for a 15 yrs old. But, there are some parts in your performance tonight, that I think is shaky, and a little bit out of tune, but despite of that, you really performed well. I really loved it, and it's much better than your last performance. The best part in this performance, I think,  is when you went to the head voice, and that's just so clean. Overall, you deserve a spot and you improved.

QueenMae: YES Kennedy this is the right song for you and with brilliant connection as well, I think you found a sweet spot with these ballads. I will say it was unpoised, however stepping in the direction as you did today, I could maybe see a future Final 3 spot for you. Well done Kennedy.

A-Kid: *standing ovation* That was an excellent choice, jarmon! I felt that your strongest quality in you is how you connect to the song that you sing every single time you perform. I had always felt connected to you when you sing, I love how you kept it heartfelt tonight, you just had the right amount of highs and lows. I really love your vocal projection and style, it is so matured for your very young age! That's crazy. I really don't know if you'll make it, as all of you remaining in this category is very different from each other, yet really good in each and every way. But, one thing's for sure, even if I'm not your mentor, I love you and you've already proven so much to us, Kennedy!

jarmon: *standing ovation and cries* What an improvement! I love when you focus more on your vocals and show off that gorgeous tone. This was such a stellar performance that had so many pretty moments. There were some shaky moments but as an overall performance, it was just simply stunning.

americanvoice: Kennedy, darling, I've believed in you from the very start, even defending you from you last week's criticisms, tonight, I love your song choice, it suits so much in your tone and style as a singer. I also felt the emotions, I really felt connected to you tonight. You may be the youngest in this competition, and may be the most inexperienced, but girl, you already proved yourself. I just felt somehow, as usual, it is not technically perfect, but the emotions are there, so it is just so okay for me. Good luck!

• Like 1

Next to perform for tonight is an artist that had been a favorite by the viewers, especially the mentors, since the start. She had been praised and she surprised many again as she took on an Elton John classic for the 2nd Round of the Live Playoffs, she had received many great feedbacks from the mentors, that helped her as she was voted as one of the highest voters in her category last week, saving her.

2. Zhavia
     - Song: Pink (LÉON)

• Like 1

MENTORS COMMENTS

IAN27TAY: *stands and claps* First of all, I love the fact that you just perform this soothing and refreshing song, and your tone is really one of the best. But, I gotta be honest, this is not your best performance, I much prefer the Zhavia that's giving us chills with those unique tone. I'm glad that you did something new and those runs are perfect, but I'm scared on what the IDF will think about your performance. I just love your talent, you have all what it takes to be a superstar, you can rap, sing high and low, and you can just slay any song. Overall, you are just a Queen.

QueenMae: Zhavia you are just so unique and never fail to deliver, this felt like such an original song choice and how you arranged it to fit your voice! I'm so proud of how you just keep thriving and you gave yourself a name for sure! Weather Final 3 or not, you are an amazing artist Zhavia, good luck!

A-Kid: Zhavia! You've honestly been a favorite of the other mentors ever since this show started, and honestly, at first, I can't see the reason why. But, as you perform more and more, you just prove so much to me on why you had became a favorite. While I think, you should still step it up more, as this category is strong, I felt like this was a perfect song for you to show how gorgeous your voice is. I felt like I was watching the future of the music industry, your voice is just so current and appealing. Your style is so spot on! You are so freakin' amazing and freakin' cool that it is so crazy! But, I have to agree with IAN27TAY, I really felt your performance was too safe tonight, I am waiting for your "show-off" moment and I did not got it, which is sad, because I know you can do it. I can't tell yet if the viewers will vote for ya, but one thing's for sure, the music industry is READY for an artist like you.

jarmon: *STANDING OVATION THROWING SHOES AND CLAPS* COME THRU VOCALS! I love your lower register because it has soooo much depth to it and your voice is one of the most unique in this whole competition and it would be CRIMINAL if you're not in the Live Shows! We need more diversity in this competition and you bring something that's fresh and new and I'm here for it!

americanvoice: Girl, I do not know this song, but that was so beautiful! I love your style as a singer, you've never fail to impress me every single time you perform on this stage, you have shown somehow a different side of your tonight, it was so far away from the usual songs that you sing, and I LOVE IT! I know you've been a favorite from the start by many, and carrying that expectations is hard, but you kept on impressing us more and more. I just felt though that it was kind of a safe song, compared to what others will be singing/performing tonight. Nevertheless, I like you and your voice, so good luck!

• Like 1

Third to perform is an artist that found herself in the Bottom 2 last Friday Night. She had mixed feedbacks from the viewers and mentors last week, as she took on one of Etta James' biggest songs. She delivered yet another soulful performance, but was criticized as some said that she did not stepped it up from her last performance. She then faced Jordy on the Bottom 2 as she sang an Andra Day popular song this time, winning over the mentors, to which is why she was saved and moved forward.

3. Evvie McKinney
     - Song: Faithfully (Journey)

• Like 1

MENTORS COMMENTS

IAN27TAY: *stands and claps* Wow, you are really a singer, and I'm really proud of you girl! Faithfully is a song that is very hard to sing but you made it look so easy. You sang it with so much maturity, and this may not be your best performance, but you really slayed those high notes and transition. I just want to see something new from you. Overall, this is a pure performance, and I think you did well to be safe from the bottom 2, but I think you're also on hand to be in the bottom 2 as of now, but let's see how IDF voters go. 

QueenMae: Omg Evvie you came out swinging and slaying us with those pipes and that passion as well! I would say this was your most wild performance, but I think what you exchanged it with such dynamics that we can't help but feel excited! Idk darling it'll be tough, but you proven yourself why you deserve to be in this Final 4! Good luck Evvie in the votes!

A-Kid: *standing ovation* Honestly, I thought your Ain't No Sunshine was unbeatable, but girl, you just performed that level once again when you sang tonight. I loved every second of it, especially the time where the song went to crescendo, ooh mama, slay! Your rock-ish diva just came out tonight. I love how it started so sincere then it builds up more and more up until that climax part of your performance. Honestly, I can't tell on who the IDF will vote, but I think, this was just more than enough for you to be in the Live Shows, whatever happens, you've proven so much, momma!

jarmon: *STANDING OVATION AND SMILES PROUDLY* And that's how you SANG! This was such a beautiful rendition of this song and dare I say it, one of the BEST renditions of this song. Your voice is just so perfect and you give the perfect dose of vocals without oversinging. You are just so extremely talented and I loved this performance and hope to see you make the Live Shows!

americanvoice: Shoot girl, that range is CRAZY. I never expected for you to sing a Journey song and sing it that way? That's just impressive! I love how it is technically just flawless, I saw that fight inside you, how much you want to move forward. I am honestly not that impressed in your last performance, as nothing is extra ordinary about it, but tonight, girl you brought it home! I just felt that sometimes you are inconsistent in giving us this kind of performances, just make sure to impress us every single time. Wish you all the best!

• Like 1

Closing tonight's performances is an underdog that opened this category's 2nd round  performances. He had shown his versatility all throughout the competition, showing what he can do to all. He took on a Bruno Mars classic last week and impressed many for keeping it simple yet stunning performance. He had been deemed as one of the highest vote-getters last week, to which is why he avoided the Sing-Off for his category, and moved forward immediately to this round.

4. Jamie Miller
     - Song: Always Remember Us This Way (Lady Gaga)

• Like 1

MENTORS COMMENTS

IAN27TAY: *stands and claps* Wow! First of all, I'm really glad that you really stepped it up this round, the way you started the song was absolutely great. You did a flawless job delivering those lines, and this is one of my favorite performances of yours, because you did justice to this Lady Gaga song. I'm just hoping that IDF will vote you to go to the finale, but for me you performed the best tonight, let's just see how it goes.

QueenMae: Son I'm gonna need you to go off cause omg this performance! I may start crying tbh lol, but Jamie, I think you have grown to be one of my favorites in this whole competition besides my Girls of course haha! You have grown so much and had progressive vocals throughout each performance. This is the ticket to the Final 3, and Jamie it'll be tough, but you have shown why you deserve a spot in your Mentor's Final 3 for sure! Good luck Jamie!

A-Kid: *standing ovation* You had been one of my favorites among all of the categories on this series, Jamie. You have just such versatility and amazing range in you. You never fail to amaze me, this song was a really emotional song for me, it makes me cry every single time! And you just brought it home tonight! I felt that this was the best performance for tonight, I just felt that you deserve to be in the Live Shows after that performance. You've just got that amazing range and beautiful phrasing. You're really one of the biggest threats on anyone's category right now, I am just so jealous I don't have you! lmao. I am so excited to hear more from you, whether outside or inside this show.

jarmon: *standing ovation and claps and smiles* JAMIE! This is your BEST performance to date for me! This just showed off that you can hold a note and you aren't afraid to do this big songs. This was just so stunning throughout. You showed off your amazing range and that CONTROL, STUNNING! 

americanvoice: Jamie?! That is honestly your best performance so far, well, it is tied with your You Say performance. Everything about that performance is just surreal, your range for a guy is out of this world. I love how you made it so easy when you sing but you can still somehow show is the emotions of the song. You've got an amazing gift, Jamie. I knew from the start that you'll reach this far, MAYBE not ONLY this far, even more than that, who knows? I just wish you all the best!

• Like 1

picsart-07-05-08-44-37.jpg

!! VOTING LINE IS NOW OFFICIALLY OPEN !!

This series' voting will be different. You can only vote ONCE PER IDF ACCOUNT. But, you can vote using up to 3 LEGIT E-MAILS (if you have 3). So it means, if you have 3 E-MAILS and an IDF ACCOUNT, you can have a total of 4 VOTES

How will you vote? Simply click the link BELOW. Then, in the link, you'll see the name of each artists per number. In each name, you'll see a drop-down list with 6 points up until 1 point. You'll have to rank the artists based on their performances tonight. You can only give ONE ARTIST a 4 POINTS, ONE with 3 POINTS, so on, and so forth. Voting lines will CLOSE at 7:30 PM EST.

WARNING! If you gave 2 or more artists the same points, I will disregard your votes, so make sure to give one artist only one.

For a recap of tonight's show, here it is:

1. Kennedy Holmes

- Song: Wind Beneath My Wings (Bette Midler)

2. Zhavia
     - Song: Pink (LÉON)

3. Evvie McKinney
     - Song: Faithfully (Journey)

4. Jamie Miller
     - Song: Always Remember Us This Way (Lady Gaga)

• Like 1

Pretty good night! 👍

Kennedy Holmes- I absolutely love this song and I think Kennedy did a pretty good job with it! 👍 This performance put her in the middle of the pack for me, but since she seems to have a strong fan base here, I think she’ll be safe. 

Zhavia- Pretty solid performance. 👍 Though I will agree with the judges who said that this was a little safe. In order to rise to the top, Zhavia needs to give a stand-out performance. This wasn’t it... 😕

Evvie McKinney- This performance was amazing!!! 😁😁😁 I really felt the emotion and true feeling during this performance. The vocals were great, the emotions were there, and the delivery was perfect. Evvie did more than enough to escape the bottom 2, in my opinion. 😊👍

Jamie Miller- My favorite out of the Underdogs delivers yet another outstanding performance! 😁 I am always amazed by Jamie’s range, and this performance showcased that and much more! I think Jamie is definitely in the Final Three, and even has a shot at beating some of the other categories. 😊👍

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

picsart-07-06-07-37-31.jpg

!! VOTING LINE FOR UNDERDOGS IS OFFICIALLY CLOSED !! 

Tune in at 8 PM EST as it is now time for the Final 4 of  The Groups  category to perform in the Final Round of the Live Playoffs.

picsart-06-11-11-29-43.jpg

Hi and welcome back to The Voice: Idol Factor Part 1!

Last night, we've witnessed how the Final 4 of The Underdogs category started out the Final Round of the Live Playoffs. They had given their all as they fight for a spot in the next level of this competition, the Live Shows. All had received praises from the viewers and mentors. In the end, only 2 will be automatically saved from this, and the other 2 will be needing to perform once again for the mentors' save on the Sing-Offs. All results will be revealed on Saturday Night.

Tonight, we will see as the Final 4 of The Groups category takes the stage and continue the Live Playoffs Round 3/Final Round. Last week, most had been criticized for delivering weak performances, will they redeem themselves tonight? Or will it be a disappointment? Let us find that out tonight!

Everyone, let us welcome the lovely

mentors for this series!

@IAN27TAY

@QueenMae16

@americanvoice38

@anonymouskid_35

@jarmon

Now, let's also welcome the Final 4 Groups that will be performing for tonight.

Stereo Kicks
4th Impact
Alex & Sierra
Fifth Harmony

Let the Live Playoffs Round 3/Final Round BEGIN!

The theme for the Live Playoffs Round 3/Final Round is...

picsart-07-19-08-03-22.jpg

This theme will be encountered again at a certain round in the Live Shows. This theme basically tells that other mentors get to choose the songs for a certain category that is not theirs. I, @anonymouskid_35 chose the songs for the Final 4 Groups tonight.

First to perform for tonight is a group that found themselves in the Bottom 2 last week after trying to perform a song by Jason Mraz. They had received criticisms for their lack of connection as a group by the mentors, and some said they did not felt their presence that night. On the Sing-Off, they battled another boy group, 5 After Midnight. They sang a song by Justin Timberlake, and won the mentors over, but were told to step it up.

1. Stereo Kicks
     - Song: Someone You Loved (Lewis Capaldi)

• Like 1

MENTORS COMMENTS

QueenMae: Welcome back guys! this is your song, this is your stage, this is your voice and everything you have proven your vocals to be. I think you had a lot of texture in your voices this time around and the solo parts were back to being amazing. Really Stereo Kicks, this could be the ticket to that Final 3, good luck boys!

americanvoice: *standing ovation* What a performance boys! We told you to step it up last time, and you did it tonight! I am honestly tired of this song, as I've heard it many times, but the edge and tone of you individually is what made this performance outstanding, you each had your shining moments, I love how synchronized you are tonight! But, I gotta be honest, I honestly think going to the round, you are an immediate shoo-in on being eliminated, it is because the remaining 3 groups are kinda strong, but you proved yourself so much tonight, if this'll ever won't be enough to land you, just remember that what you did tonight was more than enough.

A-Kid: *standing ovation* What the heck boys?! What a comeback performance! I love this song, even if it is kinda overrated sometimes. I just love how you connected with such deeply emotional song. Last week, I have actually lost my faith in you to give a good performance, you came back swingin' hard tonight. I picked this song for ya because I felt that it will really show off another side of your voices, and that it suits your style as a group, and I am not wrong! I am proud to have given you such song.

jarmon: *stands and claps* BOYS! What an improvement from your last 2 performances! I feel you boys may have finally found your footing in this competition but I have to wonder whether it's a little too late? This performance had such a beautiful blend of your voices and your connection to the song was amazing. Definitely a redeeming performance.

IAN27TAY: *stands and claps* OMG, this is one of your best performances boys! I'm just proud that you really grew up in this competition, you really did a very good job in this last round of the Playoffs, I really felt the pain in the song when you sang it tonight. I never expected that you can do this performance after what you did on the past nights. Overall, I am impressed on your performance of this round, and thank you for performing that beautiful song.

• Like 1

Next to perform is an underdog that was deemed as a favorite by many in this category after their strong performance last week. They took on a Selena Gomez hit and impressed the viewers and the mentors, praising them for coming back from their week performance on the first round. They then were deemed as one of the Top 3 highest vote-getters last week, and were safe that week, and moved to this final round of the Playoffs.

2. 4th Impact
     - Song: I Believe I Can Fly (Yolanda Adams)

• Confused 1

MENTORS COMMENTS

QueenMae: I have to say it was a beautiful harmony for you girls, you really impressed with that. I will say I felt the song choice was too safe and too predictable to measure to a step up from your last performances. I think maybe you were just afraid to take a risk with this song, but if moving forward we can go back to "Lose You To Love Me" type performances, we have real stars in the making for you all. Good luck girls!

americanvoice: *standing ovation* I just hate how talented your group is! I mean, you've got the strong connection already, and those pipes, mygod girls, you slayed it tonight! This song was actually a little old fashioned for my taste, but nevertheless, I loved every second of your performance. I also noticed a huge improvement from all of you ever since your first appearance in XFUK, especially on Selena, girl, you've improved a lot. Your highs and lows are on point, as usual. I've also believed in what you sang tonight, which meant that you really delivered the message well. I am honestly a fan of yours, you're definitely one of my top 2 in this category, hope IDF agrees with me!

A-Kid: *standing ovation* I felt like this is one of your strengths girls, you can either do an old song, or a modern one, and still come out as amazing, although not all of it. Yeah, this was a typical karaoke song, but for me, you just brought your own flavor to the song, this is actually the first time that I'll be hearing a girl group singing this song, so it amazes me. I love how your harmonies are on point, and this is honestly an almost perfect performance. I picked this song for you in the final round because I think it is now time for the viewers to see how rangey your voices really are and how you can make us believe the message of the song. This is a very hard song to sing, but you killed it girls! 

jarmon: *standing ovation and throw shoes* YOU GIRLS BETTA SANG! This was your MOMENT! Just so amazing, you ladies keep improving week after week and I am now running out of compliments of your talent! You are just THAT amazing! Definitely deserve a spot in the Lives after this performance and I'm excited to see more from you. This performance was just spectacular!

IAN27TAY: *stands and claps* WOW! Girls, you really did a great job singing this song, the way you started it with that melodic and gorgeous voices is wonderful. This is so great, no overpowering, just showing us your beautiful vocals. I really love the harmony and the gestures you made. But in some parts of this song, I find it a little bit karaoke? However, overall, you girls are so talented to just sing any song. All of you can really fly to the top spot, but let's see how it goes.

• Confused 1

Next performance of the night is from a group that had been a favorite of the viewers and mentors from the start. They took on a Sara Bareilles hit last week, and impressed many once again, resulting in them having one of the highest votes in their category, saving them from signing once again in the Sing-Offs, and moving them forward to this round.

3. Alex & Sierra
     - Song: Heaven (Bryan Adams)

• Like 1

MENTORS COMMENTS

QueenMae: Hello my personal favorite of the category! Okay Alex and SIerra I have to be 100% honest, I don't know how you can't get into this FInal 3 after a masterpiece like that! Like Alex you really stepped up into your best solo parts and Sierra you really just remain and progress flawlessly. I think this performance just stamps your position in this competition, you are ones to watch out for I feel, you just have it all in your vocals and the harmonization between you both is magical! Good luck guys and well done!

americanvoice: *standing ovation and tears up* That title just speaks it up for your performance tonight, I felt the heavenliness tonight, I felt the message of this song. This is a perfect song choice, A-Kid, tremendous job! I really love how your voice just meshes up with each other. Sierra, you've got this lovely and soft voice that mixes with Alex's rough and manly voice. This is honestly my favorite performance of yours so far in this show. I really think you're strongest asset as a duo is your deep connection with each other and to the songs that you sing, you just convey it well, every freakin' time. There's nothing much more to say, but I'm really honored to hear your performance tonight.

A-Kid: *standing ovation, tears up, and claps* I knew from the very start that this will be a perfect song choice for you. This is honestly one of my favorite songs, it just means so much to me, every time I hear this song, it makes me cry, literally! And you just made me cry once again tonight, I really felt that bittersweet message of the song, your voices just intervenes with each other well, it like this two liquids that is mixed well with each other producing a tasteful product. This just a gorgeous performance from you, this is honestly your best performance also for me so far. 

jarmon: *standing ovation crying throughout the performance* CHILLS, CHILLS, CHILLS! This song just brings back so many memories and just brought a smile to my face. You guys were so clever with your song choice tonight because it was perfect for a duet. An absolutely breathtakingly beautiful performance tonight (yet again). One of the most consistent groups and I truly believe you guys could win it all.

IAN27TAY: *stands and claps* Oh my god, first of all, thank you for singing one of my favorite songs. I really felt that I'm in the heaven when listening to your performance tonight. One word for this performance, PERFECT. This song really suited in the both of you! I can hear your connection with each other. The harmonies are on point. I gotta say, this is one of your sweetest performances. Overall, a top 3 material. I'm pretty sure that both of you can really take the top spot of this final round, but let's see on how will IDF vote for you. Thank you!

• Like 1

Last to perform tonight is a group that had been receiving mixed feedbacks from both the mentors and viewers all throughout the show. Last week, they sang another original hit of them, however, the mentors told them that they need to step it up and show something new. However, that did not affect them as they were deemed as one of the highest voters last week, saving them.

4. Fifth Harmony
     - Song: Let It Be (The Beatles)

• Like 1

MENTORS COMMENTS

QueenMae: Well this song choice is something, I think this was a great choice girls, cause you really showcased your vocals and not just your energy on the stage. You really stepped it up from your last rounds, and this will be tough as my other mentor friends also agree everyone is stepping it up, but you just proven yourselves on why you deserve a live show spot! Good luck in the votes girls!

americanvoice: standing ovation* FINALLY! A ballad from you girls, we've been wanting this for so long! You've just shown how strong and powerful your voice are individually. I really felt the emotion you girls are trying to portray tonight, and I felt that it is timely to what is happening nowadays all around the world, it just have that touching effect and message. This is your best performance, without a doubt, I don't mind you all going for that high parts on the last part, as I've felt it was somehow correctly placed. The groups killed it tonight, I really don't know on who will move forward, you all did your best tonight!

A-Kid: *standing ovation* What a performance girls! I picked this song for you as I think it is now the right time to sing a ballad song, the one that we've wanted since the start of this Playoffs. This song really felt so now, the message is clear. You just conveyed the message while impressing us with you strong voices. I never knew you had that big voices in you, that's crazy! This is your best performance on the Playoffs, without a doubt. You already have that star factor within each and every single of you, just choose the right songs, and you are way to redeeming yourselves.  

jarmon: *stands and claps* Very bold song choice, so kudos to you girls! I like that you girls did try to change it up but sometimes, I felt the notes and vocal tricks you just tried to pull off was unnecessary. It was a little messy at those parts for me but overall a great performance but I fear you may fall short of the Live Shows after this performance.

IAN27TAY: *stands and claps* Oh my god, I just loved the way that you sang a ballad song this time. It brought justice to all of your voices, all of you can really slay high notes, and I'm really proud of that. This is one soothing and fun performance, I also noticed that you did some extra stuffs in your version of this song, and that's great! Overall, all of you are a magic, and like an angel brought down to earth to heal wounds by singing. Thank you for this wonderful performance. By the way, you, woman wearing in white dress, you just really brought it home tonight!

• Like 1