The Voice: Idol Factor Part 1

sydneysam

MENTORS COMMENTS

IAN27TAY: Alright, Sheldon I have to say, you can sing any song and put some sparkle on it every single time! As always, you can slay any song given to you. But, I think this performance was too short, however, I already heard what I needed to hear, so yeah. You really have the chance to win this show, just keep choosing good songs, and you're on your way to the top.

QueenMae: You know Sheldon you just take any song, subtle ballad, powerballad, anything. You just unleash everything in your performances and the vocals are SUPERB. Just fantastic dynamics as well and I don't think there is much to criticized, except keep on slaying us or we'll be upset tbh lol. Jokes aside, well done and I think you are a favorite going forward! 

americanvoice: *stands and tears up* Wow, Sheldon. That was a big and emotional performance from you. I have believed every words you say, I have felt it. I am just extremely proud of you because you kept on delivering stellar performances every single time, and how you managed to break down your walls and just be yourself. This is honestly the best performance so far tonight, wished it was longer, but nevertheless, I would immediately download this version of yours. 

jarmon: *standing ovation and claps* SHELDON! Why is this so short???! It ended so fast and I was truly loving this performance because you could literally feel the emotion and passion in your voice as you were singing. This was a gorgeous cover but I do wish it was a little longer. Oh and that ending note....MY GOD DID IT GIVE ME GOOSEBUMPS.

A-Kid: You.. actually made me cry tonight, I just felt the song so much, the message of every lines, the pain behind that song. It just perfectly suited your story, and I am proud of you for overcoming your personal problems, I love how free you are. Your performance was just so sincere tonight, your words pierced my heart. I just have to say, you gotta start believing in yourself more, because honey, there are several people behind your back, supporting and accepting you for who you are. This is honestly your revelation performance for me, it is because, you've already rocked the stage the past few performance of yours, tonight was just so simple yet super sincere, which I loved the most. I am really rooting for you!

Edited by anonymouskid_35
  • Like 1

Closing out tonight's performances show is an artist that had been one of the most interesting ones in this show, as they say. He took on a Steve Winwood song last week, where he had mixed feedbacks about his performance, some saying it was an interesting new side performance from him, some said that the song was too big for him.

5. Hunter Plake
     - Song: Angel (Sarah McLachlan)

• Like 1

MENTORS COMMENTS

IAN27TAY: Hunter, honey I love this performance. Having great control over your voice and performing at the same time is very rare. You have a sweet voice, and immense control over your vocals. Overall, you really have that confidence that will take you forward. Also, outstanding musicianship once again from you.

QueenMae: Hunter you are a storyteller and that's what we love most about you. While I will say the connection felt lackluster as to previous performances, you know how to work your vocals the best you can. But I will say there was something missing, like you didn't feel the song or you felt nervous. I think you pegged down in the rankings a bit, but I still believe in your potential and want you to come out as you did with "All I Want" or "Carry On" Good luck Hunter, I really believe you can do more so we'll just have to see want happens.

americanvoice: *stands and claps* Hunter, you just impressed me once again. That song really suited your voice so much, it is so honest, sincere, and intimate. I loved every second of your performance. Your uniqueness just flows in you when you sing. I love how unique your style is in performing, you've just got that unique twists in your songs that you sing. This is another solid night for this round of the Live Playoffs. This'll be hard again.

jarmon: *standing ovation and claps* Another unexpected song choice! I love that the boys have been doing these unexpected song choices this round. I really am loving it. Your voice was soooo good in this performance. Like honestly, you just captivated me from the beginning. This was probably my favorite performance of the night, phenomenal!

A-Kid: That was a moving performance from you Hunter. I love how peaceful your performance is, you just did not do anything extraordinary today, you sang the song as it is, really simple yet moving performance. I really love your tone, it is breathtakingly good, you certainly don't need huge notes to impress me, your low notes are just heaven. Nothing much more to say, but a job well done from you, Hunter! 

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

picsart-07-05-08-44-37.jpg

!! VOTING LINE IS NOW OFFICIALLY OPEN !!

This series' voting will be different. You can only vote ONCE PER IDF ACCOUNT. But, you can vote using up to 3 LEGIT E-MAILS (if you have 3). So it means, if you have 3 E-MAILS and an IDF ACCOUNT, you can have a total of 4 VOTES

How will you vote? Simply click the link BELOW. Then, in the link, you'll see the name of each artists per number. In each name, you'll see a drop-down list with 6 points up until 1 point. You'll have to rank the artists based on their performances tonight. You can only give ONE ARTIST a 6 POINTS, ONE with 5 POINTS, so on, and so forth. Voting lines will CLOSE at 7:30 PM EST.

WARNING! If you gave 2 or more artists the same points, I will disregard your votes, so make sure to give one artist only one.

For a recap of tonight's show, here it is:

1. Noah Mac

- Song: Amazing Grace (Celtic Woman)

2. Aydan Calafiore
    - Song: Falling (Harry Styles)

3. Mo Aderinan
    - Song: Hallelujah (Leonard Cohen)

4. Sheldon Riley
      - Song: Believe (Cher)

5. Hunter Plake
     - Song: Angel (Sarah McLachlan)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

After a night filled with emotional performances, I am left thinking "no one should go home!" 😅 The night was that good, so good job @anonymouskid_35 and contestants! Anyway, here are my opinions... 

Noah Mac- Another contestant from the bottom 2 that completely redeemed themselves! Last round, Noah's performance really showed his ability to dance around the low notes. In this performance, he not only danced around low notes, but he SANG those high notes! :clap: What made this performance really special was not his vocal prowess, but the emotion felt through every word. I think Noah has done enough to escape the bottom 2. If he keeps up this momentum he could be in the final 3 boys. 

Aydan Calafiore- After a very strong showing last week, Aydan comes back with a more intimate and emotional selection. I'm just going to say that this performance was beautiful. I felt every single word that Aydan sang. Definitely, the best performance of the night! I definitely agree with @QueenMae16 about Aydan being a dark horse in this competition. Another important point was made by @americanvoice38. Aydan has shown us that he is very versatile, with him giving us a fun, upbeat song last round and an intimate song this round. If Aydan isn't one of the top three vote-getters, then the voting is rigged... :/

Mo Aderinan- After a pretty weak performance last week, Mo Aderinan comes back with an emotional masterpiece. Mo truly knows how to use his rasp to his advantage. His rasp allows him to tap into raw emotion. I think the judges/mentors got it wrong with him this week. I did not understand @IAN27TAY's issue with the performance being exaggerated, since Kymberli gave a much more exaggerated performance last night, that left no issues... 😑 I also disagree with @QueenMae16's claim that the end of the performance was "unpoised." Mo gave us the the raw emotion with this performance, and poise is the last thing he should be worried about! 😂 @jarmon's claim about it being too shouty also left me confused since they stated that they really wanted to feel the words. The "shouty-ness" of the song is what allowed Mo to communicate those raw emotions. I think Mo is in BIG trouble tonight if IDF is listening to the judges... 😅 (I'll explain where I placed him and why later...)

Sheldon Riley- After Sheldon's showstopper performance last week, Sheldon delivers once again with a short and sweet classic. The shortness of the song didn't quite bother me since the words were jam packed with emotion. After Sheldon's showstopper last week and a solid performace this week, I think Sheldon's only competition is Aydan, unless someone else rises above the pack (my guess would be Noah). 

Hunter Plake- Hunter and Mo were in the same boat last round. They both gave weak performances and were declared safe. Hunter Plake really showed up this round with a heartfelt performance of "Angel." It was yet another emotional performance that allowed me to feel every word. 👍 @QueenMae16 commented that they felt that something was missing from this performance. I think that missing element was confidence, which I am actually happy wasn't on full force in this performance. This created a sense of vulnerability and allowed me to really tap into Hunter's emotions. After such a strong night and some negative comments from the judges, Hunter might be in a bit of trouble tonight... 🤔

Voting for this category was very difficult because I liked all of the performances. 😕 Due to this, I decided to vote based on how much potential the contestants had for the future of the competition. For that reason, I placed Sheldon, Noah, and Aydan at the top of my list. Even though I really enjoyed Mo's performance, I don't think he has a lot of potential for the future of the competition, especially after that questionable performance last round. Like Mo, Hunter gave a beautiful performance this round, but last round's performance really hurt his chances for me. I'm curious how IDF will vote since it was yet another strong night...🤔 If I had to guess, Mo and Hunter won't be as lucky as they were last week... 😅

Edited by Bk1234
  • Thanks 2

10 minutes ago, Bk1234 said:

After a night filled with emotional performances, I am left thinking "no one should go home!" 😅 The night was that good, so good job @anonymouskid_35 and contestants! Anyway, here are my opinions

I was actually worried that my category would be a downfall after the overs having such a strong night, glad that you liked it!! 😁

• Like 2

10 hours ago, anonymouskid_35 said:

I was actually worried that my category would be a downfall after the overs having such a strong night, glad that you liked it!! 😁

I might have actually preferred your category to the Overs. 😅 All the boys felt invested in their songs and delivered the emotions wonderfully. 👍 They don’t have the biggest voices, but their delivery of emotions is a force to be reckoned with! 😀

Edited by Bk1234
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

picsart-07-06-07-37-31.jpg

!! VOTING LINE FOR BOYS IS NOW OFFICIALLY CLOSED !! 

Tune in at 8 PM EST as the Final 5 of The Underdogs category takes on the stage for the Live Playoffs Round 2.

picsart-06-11-11-29-43.jpg

Hi and welcome back to The Voice: Idol Factor Part 1!

Last night, we've witnessed as the Final 5 of The Boys category continued the Live Playoffs Round 2. They had another night full of emotional and impressive moments, mentors praising them once again. The ones with the weakest performances last week gave it their all last night, making it an epic comeback for them. However, only the Final 4 will advance to the Final Round of the Live Playoffs. The results will be announced on Friday Night.

Tonight, we'll witness as it is now time for the Final 5 of The Underdogs category to take the stage and continue the Live Playoffs Round 2. Will they continue the streak of having good performances from each artists? Or will someone will disappoint? Let's find that out tonight!

Everybody let's welcome our lovely

mentors for this series.

@IAN27TAY

@QueenMae16

@americanvoice38

@anonymouskid_35

@jarmon

Let's now welcome the artists that will perform tonight, the Final 5 Underdogs!

Jamie Miller
Evvie McKinney
Zhavia
Jordy Marcs
Kennedy Holmes

Let the Live Playoffs Round 2 BEGIN!

The theme for the Live Playoffs Round 2 is...

picsart-07-10-10-36-06.jpg

This theme will be used also sometimes on the future rounds of the show. This theme is basically a "no theme" week, wherein, artists can sing whatever they want. 

First to perform for the Final 5 Underdogs is an underdog that impressed many as he went to his performer side once again in this competition, singing a Shawn Mendes hit. He however received mixed feedbacks from the mentors, some saying that they want more from this artist, and that they want the more serious side of him.

1. Jamie Miller
      - Song: When I Was Your Man (Bruno Mars)

• Like 1

MENTORS COMMENTS

IAN27TAY: *stands and claps* Jamie, the way you started the song is so good, it really gave shiver to my ears, and I gotta be honest with you, the first 15 secs of your performance is enough to make you safe for me tonight. This is just really one of my favorite performances in TVIF. You delivered every word with your body that powers the song, I just love that you got a very good control over your voice when hitting the high notes, I'm also so glad that you picked this song because it suits in your voice perfectly. Overall, you really impressed me tonight.

QueenMae: Jamie you just have such a uniquely subtle, yet powerful voice cause I love how you project your sound. Its fluent, its elegant and at points you know how to open up and she the emotions to the song. We hear your story and them runs honey like just snatch our wigs lol. I feel like you need more appreciation, cause you can hold your own against even the other categories if given the chance in your Final 3. So good luck Jamie, I really want to see you strive more.

A-Kid: *standing ovation* Now that is what I'm talking about! I love that performance, it was so beautiful and impressive at the same time. I agree with IAN27TAY, you really have a good control on your voice so much, especially in the higher parts of the song. That huge run that you did at the middle part of your performance tonight was so good. This song really showed the capabilities of yours as a singer, you really have a huge potential to be in the Final 3 of this category.

jarmon: *claps* You have really impressed me this round! Your voice was just so gorgeous in this. I did feel like you were holding back a little but overall such an amazing performance that suited your voice perfectly and really made this performance have many moments that I enjoyed. I love that you're listening and singing these ballads and more emotional songs, it suits your voice so well.

americanvoice: *standing ovation* What the hell Jamie?! You've got one of the strongest and hugest range for a guy that I've ever heard. You're right in your element tonight, just a guitar and your insanely good vocals, which I liked. You did not do any extra moves or dances tonight, you kept it simple yet captivating. That head tone note, mygod Jamie, you betta sing! You kept on impressing me more and more, I really can see you going far, keep it up!

• Like 1

Next to perform is an underdog that had caught the attention of many when she sang a very soulful version of a Bill Withers hit. She impressed a lot because of that performance, especially her mentor and the other mentors. This resulted in her getting one of the highest votes last week, deeming her safe in this competition. 

2. Evvie McKinney
     - Song: I'd Rather Go Blind (Etta James)

• Confused 1

MENTORS COMMENTS

IAN27TAY: *stands and claps* Wow girl, you really ROCKED THE STAGE TONIGHT. I love that you picked this song, it really showed your strength when it comes to performing. Your range, falsetto, and voice agility is perfect, this performance of yours is once again one of your best, I just heard the rawness of your voice, but I think for me, this performance will be better if the instrumental is more softer and not that electronic. Overall, this performance is amazing and shoot you really look stunning.

QueenMae: Like I said Evvie you know how to work your voice, you know how to run and riff, you know your placements, you just have a gift in you to give off such musicality. I would say you really are proving yourself to others, on why you could go far and compete with everyone, just well done Evvie and good luck. 

A-Kid: *standing ovation* Talk about a perfect song choice! That was so good, Evvie! You never fail to amaze us with those raspiness in your voice. I love how you go down really DIRTY when you perform, it shows how much you wanna stay in this competition. Honestly, I can't believe you are so young, your voice is just super matured for your age, which is amazing. Tonight, you did great on choosing the right moments to let it all out, and a moment to just control it a bit, what an amazing performance once again, Evvie!

jarmon: *standing ovation* THIS! A MOMENT! You are really becoming a force to be reckoned with Evvie! Like this performance was just so stunning! You have been so consistent throughout this competition and you delivered another killer performance and I think you may be the strongest of the category.

americanvoice: *standing ovation* Giiirl, you betta sing! After your take on Bill Withers last week, I thought no performance of yours anymore can impress me anymore, but man, Evvie, you just kept on impressing me over and over again, and I am really hear for it. You are slowly climbing your way to the top. I just love that rasp and grit on your voice, all along with that oozing soulfulness in you. I am glad to be your mentor, I am so freakin' proud of ya darling!

• Confused 1

Third performance for tonight is from an artist that was deemed as one of the favorites by the viewers and by other mentors because of her unique tone. She shocked many as she took a Sinead O' Conor hit last week, garnering her one of the highest votes last week, saving her from the sing-offs.

3. Zhavia
     - Song: Your Song (Elton John)

• Like 1

MENTORS COMMENTS

IAN27TAY: *stands and claps* Alright, make way for the G-O double D-E-S-S, what a performance, and you really looked good. I love the song, and you slayed this song choice (as always) I am really impressed on the way you sang this song tonight. The uniqueness of your voice is the best highlight on your performance for me. You are not that type of singer that is easy to find in every singing competitions, that's why I love your performance as always. Overall, it really gave me goosebumps.

QueenMae: Girl Zhavia you are just a unique figure, you can do it all in whatever genre and slay it! The control you have as well is just recognizable and its just hard to criticize your performances cause you bring many things to the table. Really just amazing job and vocally it was flawless. Well done Zhavia you are setting yourself up for your Final 3 spot I believe.

A-Kid: The thing that I admire the most about you Zhavia is your authenticity as an artist, you have your own sound, and you know how to properly use it. I love that you are taking risks by performing classic ballad songs, and it is actually working in your favors, because you have the chance to put unique twists on it, impressing us. But, there's just one thing that bothers me, sometimes, your style interferes with your emotions sometimes, to the point where I cannot connect to the song, that much? But, that is my only problem sometimes with you. Just know how to connect more to the song emotionally like what you did on Say Something, because you've already got the star factor and gorgeous voice in you.

jarmon: *standing ovation* I'm not even going to lie when I say that you're my personal favorite of this category! I just love your voice and dig your whole vibe. This was a very unexpected song choice and it WORKED! This was yet another flawless performance from you and I agree with QueenMae16 that you are setting yourself up to be in the F3 of this category

americanvoice: *standing ovation* Wow Zhavia, I never expected you to pull of an Elton John classic, it is just too far from your comfort zone, but as A-Kid, keeps on saying, it is now to step it up, and you definitely stepped it up tonight! You might not have the strongest voice or something, but you have that authentic tone in you that keeps pulling the viewers to you, you are just so unique, that I really think music industry is ready for an artist like you. I am beyond proud of you!

• Like 1

Next to perform is an artist that was in the Bottom 2 of this category last week. He took on a BB King classic on that week, he impressed the mentors, however, not the viewers, as he had one the lowest votes that night. He then fought Johnny on that Bottom 2 with an Allman Brothers Band classic, winning the mentors over Johnny, who was eliminated.

4. Jordy Marcs
     - Song: Before You Go (Lewis Capaldi)

• Like 1

MENTORS COMMENTS

IAN27TAY: *stands and claps* First of all, Lewis' songs are very hard to sing, but you made it look so easy, you sang it effortlessly. When I closed my eyes, I could see the story of this song through your performance, I just loved that you put connection to it, the way how you held high and low notes. Your performance depicted the lyrics so well. Overall, your voice really moved me, it's so honest and pure. It was definitely a transcending experience on listening to you when you sing. 

QueenMae: Jordy, this was very different from your past performances and I have to say I'm HERE for it, like son you are finally showcasing your true artistry in the flesh and are bringing out the best in your vocals. I just have to say, you have proved yourself to the audience to why you should advance again I believe after this. But good luck no matter what happens, I wish only the best for you.

A-Kid: That is good Jordy! That rasp in your voice is the most interesting quality for me, you just bring the edginess to every song that you sing. I love this song choice for you, you really stepped it up from last week. I was glad I used my save on you, you just proved that you deserved to be here, fighting for a spot in the Final 4 of this category. Well done!

jarmon: *claps* Wow! You really captured the essence of this song Jordy! You got me all in my feelings over here! I love how you keep changing it up each and every week and that's what makes you an artist. I am completely on board the Jordy Train and I can see you going far if you continue with these song choices.

americanvoice: *standing ovation* What a voice, Jordy! That song just suited your voice so much, this was miles better than your last performance, and I am here for it dude! That rasp quality in your voice is the quality of your voice that I'm most attracted to, and that song just showed that quality! This is just the perfect song choice for you, you really came back from being in the bottom last week, you impressed me so much tonight. Well, I guess this is gonna be hard once again for the viewers, y'all are so different from each other, it just comes to a matter of preference.

• Like 1

Closing out tonight is an underdog that is the youngest in the remaining contestants in this show. She tackled a big Keala Settle song last week, which impressed many, resulting in her having one of the highest votes in her category last week. That saved her from being in the Bottom 2 and singing once again in the sing-off.

5. Kennedy Holmes
     - Song: Confident (Demi Lovato)

• Confused 1

MENTORS COMMENTS

IAN27TAY: *stands, claps, and throw shoes* WHAT!? Ok, first of all, you performed like a guest star tonight, and you really set the stage on fire tonight. This performance is absolutely one of the best you performed, and I gotta say most of the underdogs performed their best tonight, and that's really great! You performed like a grown up woman, but I really need to keep reminding myself that you are only 15 and holy moly I don't know what else to say, I just want to say thank you for this performance!

QueenMae: Okay Kennedy, I know I have been hard on you, but its because I don't think you have the control or real passion to thrive through this competition. I'm sorry but once again you have shown your intense off-key notes in the higher register of your voice within this song, it took too much away from the performance. Great dance moves hun, but this is about vocals. Everyone is gonna disagree with me on this I know, but the connection isn't there, the power is just dry, and your voice is just not ready. I will say good luck and just try to improve, we'll see what the votes say.

A-Kid: *standing ovation* Now, that is what you call a PERFORMANCE. I am actually impressed that you stepped outside the box this week, you've been singing and known as a diva all throughout the competition, and you singing and performing that way is just so good. I actually disagree with the criticisms you received tonight, I felt that sometimes, others just forget to go out of their comfort zone, making their performances unappealing for me, and for many. You just showed to us tonight that you are young, and you can do so much more things other than belting old diva songs. 

jarmon: *claps* Oh sweet sweet Kennedy. This song choice was just that, a huge choice. I feel you shouldn't be singing these pop-upbeat songs as it doesn't do your voice any favors. I felt this performance was very messy for me, the vocals weren't as strong as they usually are and I feel you are gonna be in some huge danger tonight.

americanvoice: *standing ovation* Girl, I did not know you had that versatility in you! I absolutely disagree with QueenMae on this one, you are just ready for this, the higher register of your voice isn't dry, it is instead powerful, I mean, moving like that? And having such strong voice? Man, only few can do that. Stepping out from your diva songs is definitely a smart move, A-Kid kept on saying to step it up, and tonight, you just told everyone how to do it. I really felt like some of the artists, not only in my category, but to others also, is not going away from their comfort zones, they kept on showing the same every week, and that is getting boring if I'm being honest. You, hon, are not boring at all.

• Confused 1

picsart-07-05-08-44-37.jpg

!! VOTING LINE IS NOW OFFICIALLY OPEN !!

This series' voting will be different. You can only vote ONCE PER IDF ACCOUNT. But, you can vote using up to 3 LEGIT E-MAILS (if you have 3). So it means, if you have 3 E-MAILS and an IDF ACCOUNT, you can have a total of 4 VOTES

How will you vote? Simply click the link BELOW. Then, in the link, you'll see the name of each artists per number. In each name, you'll see a drop-down list with 6 points up until 1 point. You'll have to rank the artists based on their performances tonight. You can only give ONE ARTIST a 6 POINTS, ONE with 5 POINTS, so on, and so forth. Voting lines will CLOSE at 7:30 PM EST.

WARNING! If you gave 2 or more artists the same points, I will disregard your votes, so make sure to give one artist only one.

For a recap of tonight's show, here it is:

1. Jamie Miller

- Song: When I Was Your Man (Bruno Mars)

2. Evvie McKinney
     - Song: I'd Rather Go Blind (Etta James)

3. Zhavia
     - Song: Your Song (Elton John)

4. Jordy Marcs
     - Song: Before You Go (Lewis Capaldi)

5. Kennedy Holmes
     - Song: Confident (Demi Lovato)