The Voice: Idol Factor Part 1

sydneysam

We're already halfway through our girls category fate reveal. Fifth to know her fate is Leah Jenea, one of the grand finalists on the season of the previous show that she had joined, but fell short too for the crown. In this show, she showed her uniqueness to try to stand out in this crown, her performance tonight was right on her alley, but had few problems technically, would that cost her?

QueenMae: Leah girl, you really just are a unique artist and we all love your style singing. Advancing I just want to hear more from you if we can, cause I don't think you unleashed everything you could have yet, and that's exciting I'd say!

QueenMae: Leah I have to advance you into that Final 6, I just need to see your full power and I can definitely help you in the Live Shows 100% Leah, I think is a dark horse indeed, she could really come up from behind and take us for surprise.

Leah Jenea- FINAL 6

Edited by anonymouskid_35
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Next to know her fate is one of the vocal beasts in this category, MaKenzie Thomas. She mesmerized us from the very start with her tasteful and controlled runs and riffs, and a huge range. All through out in this competition so far, she took on huge diva songs and stayed true to who she really are as an artist, but tonight, she gave us a different and laid back singing, is that change enough for her mentor?

QueenMae: Makenzie, I think you are just such a passionate and agile performer indeed. You can do it all, from soft-subtle songs to big Diva hits like Celine Dion, and even she acknowledged your performance from last week! But for this performance, I think your control and precision was outstanding, a new side I think we have seen from you. If advancing, I want more confidence, because we know you can do it, but we need to get you to where you know you can do it yourself.

QueenMae: Makenzie I need you in the Final 6, so you are advancing! I think you are just insane and can really make us feel the emotions and make us question if you are from here lol. Makenzie will do well if she can get her confidence up, will love to coach her in the Lives.

MaKenzie Thomas- FINAL 6

• Thanks 1

Now it is down to TWO, but this category only have ONE spot remaining for Molly Hocking and Jacquie Lee. Molly is also in the winners lane already as she took the crown on her run on The Voice, she blossomed from a very shy girl to a confident woman that is comfortable of her voice. Tonight, Molly performed yet again a really popular emotional ballad nowadays. Jacquie, on the other hand, is a small girl with a really huge voice, she is on runner-up lane of The Voice also. Tonight, Jacquie showed us the different side of her after performing an upbeat song, to prove that she can also be versatile. Which risk from both artists payed off? Who will be completing the Final 6 of this category?

QueenMae: Molly, you are an emotional artist and know how to use your voice in all the right spots. The best thing we can do for you is to control your high register and belts when in a song. Advancing, maybe we can explore a bit with song choices that you can insert your own spin on.

QueenMae: Jacquie, we know you have the power to excel in this competition, if advancing the thing we need from you is control in certain areas that just lose the connection I feel in a song if lost or too wild. 

QueenMae: Molly you will be taking the last spot in my Final 6! I just think with more coaching, you can really deal great damage and showcase your vocals to its 100% in this competition! 

Jacquie this was hard, but we can't advance you in the Final 6, just compared to the girls and where you are at right now, it wouldn't be fair. But sis, we all know you have the voice, I want you to know you are outstanding! Please keep your head up high and never stop singing, I see only great things in your future!

Molly Hocking- FINAL 6

Jacquie Lee- ELIMINATED

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Judges-House.png

Hi and welcome back to The Voice: Idol Factor Part 1!

Last night, we've witnessed as the Final 8 of The Girls category went to one of their mentor @QueenMae16's beach house in the desert. QueenMae bonded the girls for a few days and went shopping and have bonding. But last night, we've witnessed how the Final 8 Girls gave it their all and their very best in this round to advance to the Live Playoffs. QueenMae had brought Celine Dion and Faith Hill to co-mentor this category and to help her out in the decisions. In the end, only the Final 6 Girls made it to the Live Playoffs.

Tonight, the Judges House round continues, this time, my, @anonymouskid_35's, category will be the ones that'll be facing this round, The Boys . The Final 8 Boys will need to step it up and prove to me that they do deserve one of the slots of the Final 6 that will be going on the Live Playoffs. Two of these 6 will be eliminated tonight. We will know also where I brought these boys to have a bonding time with them before the performances tonight. Also, we'll know on who I brought as my co-mentor(s) for this round.

Let the Judges House round for tonight BEGIN!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I, @anonymouskid_35, brought the Final 8 of The Boys category to a beautiful place in a country where I was born.

Everybody, welcome to Hyams Beach on New South Wales, Australia. Here, they and I will stay at a beachfront house just near the Hyams Beach, where it is known as one of the whitest sands in the world. The boys can bond inside a really huge beach house, and can go for a swim at the beach.

picsart-06-29-08-37-28.jpg

images-54.jpg 
images-53.jpg

The mentor that I, @anonymouskid_35 brought in is none other than... Christina Aguilera!

images-55.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

After days and nights of bonding, it is now time to get real. Time for the lads to give it their best to advance to the next round. First performing for tonight is an artist that came from The Voice. He was an all-star when he came back for the show for the second time. Because in his first time, he already went all the way to the Grand Finale. However, on his second try, he fell short of the finale. He then won easily in the battle rounds, then poured his heart and soul when he took on Tears for Fears classic on the 8-Chair Challenge, it all payed off as he secured one of the seats.

1. Sheldon Riley
     - Song: Young and Beautiful (Lana Del Ray)

• Thanks 1

A-Kid: Sheldon has that authenticity in him that I really like. His deep edgy voice really stands out everytime that he sings. He have this emotional connection to every performances that he does, which amazes me, because he really can connect to each and every song he sings. Especially in this performance, he just kept it simple tonight, no make up, no extras. Only his voice and his heart that he laid out here tonight, like the title of the song, he really is a beautiful person. However, I don't think he's the person that is confident enough in his capabilities, that he still has that walls around him, he needs to break free of that if he ever move forward.

• Thanks 1

Second to perform for tonight is another artist that came from The Voice. He was considered a favorite ever since his battle performance on that season, he then made his own the songs that he sang later in the competition. However, he fell short on the bloodbath, as he was eliminated. In this series, he is consistently showing us his originality as an artist, and his artistry and creativeness in ever performances. He sang an emotional ballad on the 8-Chair Challenge that rightfully putted him on one of the 8 chairs of this category.

2. Hunter Plake
    - Song: I Want To Know What Love Is (Foreigner)

• Thanks 1

A-Kid: Hunter is such a very creative singer, he is one of a kind. His tone is to die for, it is soft yet so beautiful. In this performance, he just yet proved again his artistry as he took this song to another level! That's crazy! I would've never thought that this song will be sang like this. His only problem though is moving forward he needs to pick songs that will capture the viewer's attention. He needs to be less technical and more vulnerable as an artist to connect more with the viewers. Also, he has the same path taking like one of the Final 8 boys too, did what he do enough? For now, I really don't know.

• Thanks 1

Next to perform for tonight is an artist that came from

The Voice again. He became one of the favorites after his knockout performance that season, resulting of him become of The Voice US' very first 5 grand finalists, however he only placed 4th that time, and fell short of the crown. Now, he continues to prove to us why he deserved to be in that grand finale on the The Voice. He sang a legend's classic, a Bill Withers song, and putted his own flavor to the song.

3. CammWess
     - Song: Rainbow (Kacey Musgraves)

• Thanks 1

A-Kid: What Cam's doing on his performances was undeniably good. He makes a song sound very soulful, because he's got a lot on his voice! I love how his runs are on point and not just scattered and messy. In this performance however, I think he is good BUT I don't think it was the right song for him, it did not really fully showcased what he can do as an artist. But he is a really young man with a huge huge potential, so for now, I still don't know

• Thanks 1

Fourth performance for tonight is from an artist that first came from The Voice, but got eliminated on the Live rounds early. He then joined The Four, where he fortunately got one of the seats. However, he did not last long on the show, as he was defeated and got a really controversial exit. In this series, he is one of the consistent performers that is giving his all in every performances. He won a close battle on the battle rounds, he then sang an upbeat Sia song that he made it into his own, and poured his heart and soul, which earned him one of the 8 seats, and locked it for the rest of the night.

4. Jason Warrior
     - Song: Love Me Now (John Legend)

• Thanks 1

A-Kid: Jason, is just wow. He really is a very passionate singer, that pours his all when he sings. He's got that determination, the heart, the soul, the voice, everything! In this performance, that was just another testament on how good he is as a singer, technically. However, despite of him having all of that, I do need him to control his emotions a little bit more, as it can mess up one's performance. Yeah, it's okay to show vulnerability, but he should make sure he is in control of it. Also, I think he needs more humbleness. But other than that, he is one of the best singers out here in this category.

• Thanks 1

We're already halfway through our performances tonight! Let's keep it going as we welcome the 5th artist performing for tonight. He is a returnee artist when he joined the 7th season of The Voice. He originally auditioned for the 6th season but got no turns, in the 7th season, he got all 4 chairs turns and became one of the favorites. He then reached the Grand Finals, however he only placed 4th on that season. In this series, he continuously proves to us that he is a very versatile singer. In the battles, he won a close battle with another versatile singer. He then proved to us why he won that battle after performing a really popular song sung by Calum Scott.

5. Aydan Calafiore
     - Song: Can't Feel My Face (The Weeknd)

• Thanks 1

A-Kid: The thing with Aydan is that he never fails to surprise us on how he will perform for every performances that he does. It's just that he can do it all, he can have an upbeat song, he can have an emotional ballad song, he can have bilingual song, he can do pop. That's the thing that I admire about him the most. In this performance, singing in whatever you call that is hard. He once again showed us his heart, and kept it light and simple yet so thrilling on this performance. The only obstacle how the public will accept him and is one he's doing enough to impress the viewers as much as it impressed me? We'll know it later.

• Thanks 1

Next performance for tonight is yet again another performance from another contestant in The Voice. This artist is truly a musician and has a really gorgeous tone and phrasing, which impressed many when auditioned on the Season 8 of the show, where he easily snatched one of the places in the Grand Finals, however, he fell short of the crown. In this show, his old mentor pushed him to his limits in the battles with a very outside of the box song for him, it did not went good as expected but it was enough for him to move to the next round. In the 8-Chair Challenge, he had another beautiful performance as he took a Coldplay song and made it his own.

6. Daniel Shaw  
     - Song: Torn (Natalie Imbruglia)

• Thanks 1

A-Kid: That was such a beautiful performance! Once again, Daniel made this song his own. That is what I like about him the most, how he makes the song his own to the point that he makes it look like he's not covering, instead he's singing his own song. He had ups and downs on this competition, but he recovers every single time. However, I gotta be honest and say that I know he's got a lot more to give, and this song did not do it for me. He needs to step up and explore more of his range, because others might brand him as boring if he keeps on doing the same thing all over again, without trying to explore and push himself a little more.

• Thanks 1

Seventh performance for tonight is from an artist that came from The Voice again, this time on the American version of the show. He had been one of the favorites because of his deep edgy voice that he showed the viewers in his blind audition on that season of the show. He then continuously gave spectacular performances up until the bloodbath, where he unfortunately lost the save, and got eliminated. In this series, he's consistently giving good performances every time he steps onto the stage, he won a really close matchup with another deep voiced singer. He then rocked it out on 8-Chair Challenge as he sang a very hard to sing BØRNS song.

7. Noah Mac
     - Song: River (Bishop Briggs)

• Thanks 1

A-Kid: As usual, another great and rock n roll performance from Noah. Noah's not the rocker type of singer, but he do have the voice for it. He's got that edge, rasp, and deep tone in his voice that screams rock n roll. Honestly, he's one of the consistent boys in my Final 8 right now, he gives it his all everytime he performs. But that might be a problem moving forward, can he bring more interesting things for the audience to hook with him up more, or is that what he can all do? Let's see.

• Thanks 1

Closing out the night is one of the most authentic singer left on this show. This artist came from the British version of The Voice, and had been a favorite ever since the start because of his stellar blind audition. He made it all the way to the Grand Finale of that season, where he was ultimately crowned as the winner for that season. In this series, he is consistent of giving it his all for every performances that he makes. In the battles, he won a really close battle, and in 8-Chair Challenge he blew the roof off the arena when he sang one of the popular Rag n Bone songs, he then easily got one of the 8 chairs after the performance.

8. Mo Adeniran
     - Song: Unsteady (X Ambassadors)

• Thanks 1