The Voice: Idol Factor Part 1

sydneysam

Judges-House.png

Hi and welcome back to The Voice: Idol Factor Part 1!

Last night, we've witnessed how The Underdogs started the new round of this competition, Judges House and perform their best to make it to the Live Rounds. Their mentor @americanvoice38 brought them to a place where she first toured as a child, in Malé Atoll Island located on the country of Maldives. She also brought Kelly Rowland to co-mentor with her, and perform as well before the fate of all Final 8 Underdogs were revealed. Only the Final 6 were able to make it to the Live Playoffs.
Tonight, we'll witness on where @QueenMae16 will take the Final 8 of The Girls category. We will also know on which celebrity mentor she brought with her to co-mentor her category tonight, and to help her decide. Later on, her mentor/s will also have a special performance before the fate of the Final 8 Girls be revealed. Who will make it to the Final 6 of this category, and who won't?

Let's now start the Judges House of The Girls category this year!

Edited by anonymouskid_35
  • Thanks 1

@QueenMae16 brought The Girls to a really comforting place yet they can have fun outside the quarters. Also, there's a town nearby to shop any food or things they would like to have.

Welcome to QueenMae's Beach House in the Desert!

picsart-06-27-11-05-47.jpg 
ffd1c773811b05d6590f9eac5256aad9.jpg

shutterstock-377968243.jpg

a5d823b450d6cf185ce204fb4c71e218.png

The co-mentor that @QueenMae16 brought with her is none other than, or let's say, are none other than... Celine Dion and Faith Hill!

images-51.jpg

• Thanks 1

After days of bonding with the girls, it's now time for the competition. First to perform for tonight is an artist that came from The Voice. She was a comeback artist, as she previously had no chair turn, until she joined the next season, where she became one of the favorites. She easily won her impressive battles with a strong contender too. Then she pulled all her stops, runs, and riffs as she took on a Celine Dion classic and closed the 8-Chair Challenge. She got the one of the 8 chairs easily.

1. MaKenzie Thomas
     - Song: How Deep Is Your Love (Bee Gees)

• Thanks 1

QueenMae: Makenzie is truly a remarkable vocalist, you can hear her artistry through her runs and subtle notes. What I want for her to do is to have more confidence going into the higher notes, she can do it, but she doesn't think she can do it as good as she could. I think she has what it takes, if she advanced, to progress even further. We'll see if this was enough to get into the Final 6.

• Thanks 1

Second to perform for tonight is a very young girl yet her voice is really powerful. She came from

The Voice and became one of the favorites of the show because of her spectacular battle, she made it all the way to the Grand Finale. In this series, she battled head to head another powerful singer, but she won closely. She then pulled her crazy range when she sang a really hard Jackson 5 classic.

2. Jacquie Lee
     - Song: Stompa (Serena Ryder)

• Thanks 1

QueenMae: Jacquie really has a powerful voice with a growl that makes the audience pay attention. Even with a wild style, voice is amazing, but I would like a bit more control on her subtle notes. I think if advancing Jacquie, its her technique that could use work the most.

• Thanks 1

Next to perform in this round for this category is already one of the winners in a singing competition, as she won the title of The Voice on the British version of the show on its currently last season. She then was saved by her mentor after losing to her gorgeous battle. She then proved why she was saved on the 8-Chair Challenge as she took on one of the biggest movie songs, a song from A Star Is Born, sung by Lady Gaga.

3. Molly Hocking
     - Song: Someone You Loved (Lewis Capaldi)

• Thanks 1

QueenMae: Molly is just a passionate vocalist with real artistry that you can't teach. Her confidence has been only progressing throughout the show and the connection to every song makes her an outstanding singer! What I would like is better control on her higher notes, and to strip back her power-belts a bit. I think its best to keep her in a subtle range, but advancing I think really that would be the best notes to work on.

• Thanks 1

Next to perform is  girl that is also in the winners lane as she won X-Factor UK way back on its Series 12. She wowed many with her crazy range at such a young age. In this series, she won a really close matchup with another vocal beast, proving her readiness for the competition, her mentor picked her. Then in the 8-Chair Challenge, she then once again made a song her own as she changed a James Bay classic to suit her style and vocal prowess.

4. Louisa Johnson
     - Song: Love Yourself (Justin Bieber)

• Thanks 1

QueenMae: Louisa is a killer performer, and her spin on these pop-bop songs is amazing, really knows how to change it up, that's a true artist right there. I also think she is a commendable vocalist too. If advancing though, I want to hear better songs tbh, like these are nice, but I'm not sure its showcasing her full potential as of now.

• Thanks 1

Fifth girl to perform for a spot in the Final 6 of this category is a girl that came from The Voice. She was one of the early favorites there because of her really gorgeous tone and unique phrasing. In this series, she won a close matchup between her and Molly, who is also on the Final 8 in this category. She then proved on why she deserved to win on that battle after taking on a really hard song to sing by Sara Berailles.

5. Addison Agen
     - Song: A Case of You (Joni Mitchell)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

QueenMae: Addison is just a magical healer, her connection, her control, her passion in every note is to die for. I think Addison knows who she wants to be and isn't afraid to shout it into the world with her voice. Advancing Addison though, I think really I just need progressive song choices as she is doing now. I don't want her to hold back, she should stick with herself and not go by what anyone else thinks she should be singing.

• Thanks 1

Next performance for tonight is from one of the girls that is on runner-up lane on a reality tv singing competition. She was from American Idol, she showed her very soulful and powerful techniques from the very start, however, she had a huge bump as she was nearly eliminated, but then she was saved by the judges at that season. In this series, she won a close matchup with another powerful and soulful singer. She then gave it her all on the stage in the 8-Chair Challenge round where she took a really big and hard to sing song by Jennifer Hudson.

6. Jessica Sanchez
     - Song: I Have Nothing (Whitney Houston)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

QueenMae: Jessica is just a masterful vocalist and such a package in all areas of her voice. She has passion, she has soul, she has control, she is versatile, she is an emotive performer as well like omg I cry on every song lol. I think if Jessica advances, I just want to hear more of her versatility, like maybe an unexpected song choice going into the folk lane I'd say. But that would really be it, if she were to advance.

• Thanks 1

Seventh artist to sing for tonight is from The Four. She intrigued many on her audition when she first displayed on television her really unique tone and delivery of songs. She made the audience fall in love on her smooth and silky tone. Here, she easily won her battle with another young girl in this category. She then proved she also got the pipes when she re-arranged a Cyndi Lauper classic.

7. Leah Jenea
     - Song: Focus (H.E.R)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

QueenMae: Leah is such a unique performer, she tugs at our hearts, makes us hear something we didn't know we needed, and has insane control. Leah can do any song I feel, and advancing her I would really only need a showstopper in her kind of style to do. I don't think we heard all we could of Leah, and that's scary! But overall that would be it I'd say.

• Thanks 1

Closing out this category's Judges House round is a gospel singer that came from The Voice. She had been in two teams, but ending up in Team Pharrell all the way through, she amazed the audience with her really powerful and soulful voice. She then was saved in this competition, after losing to another girl in the Final 8 tonight, Jessica. She then proved why she was saved after singing a big pop song by Kelly Clarkson on the 8-Chair Challenge.

8. Koryn Hawthorne
     - Song: Speak the Name (Koryn Hawthorne)

• Thanks 1

QueenMae: Koryn is an amazing and passionate artist, she too at such a young age knows what she wants, and how to work her voice. Koryn can embrace her power through every song, especially in the Gospel lane! Advancing, maybe a bit more control on where its needed, in the lower register and slower parts I'd say. 

• Thanks 1

Now that all of the Final 8 of The Girls category have performed, it is now time for their mentor @QueenMae16 to decide on who did enough tonight to be with her on the Live Playoffs of this competition. She will decide on who will be the Final 6 of this category and who fell short.

Like last night, announcement of the fate of each girls will be announced one by one, up until the last two girls, where both fates will be revealed at the SAME TIME.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

First to know her fate is one of the girls that is in the runner-up lane on her past competition,

Jessica Sanchez. She have proven all through out the pre-live performances that she has that really big and versatile voice, but did singing in her comfort zone cost her spot on the Final 6?

QueenMae: Okay Jessica. The audience knows, and now especially Celine, Faith, and I know, how amazing of a vocalist you are. You have everything in a voice, but is it enough to see a progressive journey within you? We can worry about songs for you later, we can worry if you "peaked" anytime, but that's for people who try to question, unquestioned talent. If that makes sense.

QueenMae: Jessica you will be heading into my Final 6 and into the Live Playoffs! I just think you have it all, and your voice is to die for tbh. If I were to let you go, I would question my existence lmao. Jessica is a beast and will do fine in the live shows indeed.

Jessica Sanchez- FINAL 6

• Thanks 1

Second to know her fate is one of the grand finalists on her season on The Voice, Koryn Hawthorne. She proved tonight that she can be her own artist, by singing one of her songs, singing an original song at this point is risky, but did that payed off?

QueenMae: Koryn hun, we all know you have the passion to want to be in this competition and to show what kind of artist you are! Koryn I think really just small things are needed to polish you up to really make you nearly unstoppable! If advancing, I just need a bit of control issues with you.

QueenMae: Koryn you are heading into the Final 6! I think you just have such power to blow the roof off the place with making us cry. I just can't let you go after a slayage performance!

Koryn Hawthorne- FINAL 6

• Thanks 1

Next to know her fate is again, in the runner-up lane on the previous tv singing competition that she had joined, she is Addison Agen. Now, from the very start of this series, she already mesmerized us with her gorgeous tone, on her performance tonight, she showed that again, but was that enough to progress in this show?

QueenMae: Addison girl, I really think you are probably one of the most magical artists I have heard on any competition show, and even better than some pop-stars for sure. I think you know what you want, and how to use your voice, I just need you to keep releasing more power if you were to advance girl.

QueenMae: Addison you will be heading into the Final 6! I just can't let you go with such a magical gift, and especially with you knowing how to use it to its full capacity.

Addison Agen- FINAL 6

• Thanks 1

Next to know her fate is a girl that is from the winners lane, and already won a reality tv singing competition. But Louisa Johnson proved to us that she has more to offer, she made a risky choice tonight to sing a chill song, and decided to move out of her comfort zone, but did that payed off?

QueenMae: Louisa we all know you can slay us, we all know you could win this thing tbh, You have the soul, you have power, you have control in that beautiful instrument. I just think really if advancing, you have to use better song choices, I want to help you with that if I can.

QueenMae: Louisa this was a hard decision really, even Celine and Faith budded heads on this one. But Louisa you will not be advancing into my Final 6, I'm sorry girl. It was just the songs and lack of vocals in this performance compared to the other girls that I just couldn't let go. I'm sorry Louisa, but be proud of what you have accomplished because you are amazing!

Louisa Johnson- ELIMINATED

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1