The Voice: Idol Factor Part 1

sydneysam

IAN27TAY: They're entirely different from each other, one group have a strong, powerful and big voices, the other has a soft, sweet, and unique voices and harmonies. This will surely be an interesting one.

Remember Monday vs. Lemonade
- Song: My All (Mariah Carey)

Edited by anonymouskid_35
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

MENTORS COMMENTS

QueenMae: Darn you both can kill it indeed on any song. I really don't think a winner should easily be picked, but maybe on preference I would go with Lemonade.

jarmon: *standing ovation* LADIES!!!! Y'ALL CAME OUT TO SLAY TONIGHT! DAMN this battle was GOOOOOD! I honestly would pick Lemonade here but there's no wrong choice. Both of you did amazing.

A-Kid: *standing ovation* WHAAAT? Talk about a perfect song choice, this is definitely it! I totally loved your performance, from the song choice, to the delivery, to the harmonies, everything. You totally deserved to be the last performance for the groups, this is the best battle for me in the Groups category. My All is a really hard to sing, but it complemented both of your styles, because it required the soft, mellow tones, which Remember Monday have, and the belting part, which Lemonade is good at. If I would just pick one, I can see Lemonade doing more in this competition, but Remember Monday, you girls are a STAR. 

IAN27TAY: Wow this battle really hit my heart, the harmony and the power of both of your voices are perfect. I'm glad that i picked this song and you really gave justice to it, you really gave it your all! But only one could win and that for me is... Lemonade!

• Thanks 1

jarmon: Both of these artists have strong vocal prowess and that's amazing, they're also my two of my male powerhouses in my category, that's why I paired them because I've only got 1 slot for the both of them.

Johnny Manuel vs. Matthew Schuler
- Song: Jealous (Labyrinth)

• Thanks 1

MENTORS COMMENTS

A-Kid: *standing ovation* Wow! That song means a lot to me, it makes me tear up every single time I'm hearing that song. You two are the perfect pairing for each other, I loved how you both conveyed that deep emotion in the song, how you made me felt and realize the message of the song. You both deserve to advance, but it's only right for jarmon to bring only one in the next round, and if I were the mentor, I'd pick Johnny, only for the reason that I think he's more polished than Matthew.

QueenMae: Well done boys, I think vocally you both are amazing so I would have to go with an artistic measure, and Matthew would be my winner.

IAN27TAY: *standing ovation* First of all I really love the battle pairing, it was a transcending experience listening both of you sing. The high and low notes were perfect and both of you can slay a very hard and really emotional song. But I have to go with who I think have more potential, and thats Johnny Manuel.

jarmon: *stands and cries and claps* Wow! You guys both took me on an emotional journey with this performance and I'm an emotional wreck at the moment. I literally can't think of any criticism or words. But I have to make a decision now. The winner of this battle is... Matthew Schuler!

• Thanks 1

jarmon: I paired these artists because they both have almost the similar tone, I know that their battle will be a stunning one and will leave everyone speechless.

Alisan Porter vs. Angie Miller
- Song: Rhiannon (Fleetwood Mac)

• Thanks 1

MENTORS COMMENTS

A-Kid: This is such a lovely and heartfelt performance, it's just so pure and honest. Both artists showed their vulnerability as an artist. I really don't think this performance showcased what you can do both as an artist, but this just showed other side of the both of you, and I really loved it. But if I were to pick, I'd say my winner will be Alisan, just because of her experience, but since jarmon still have 2 saves, I'd definitely use one on Angie.

QueenMae: Angie you really know how to work your vocal, but you would have to know Alisan is a beast and could win this show. Alisan you are just outstanding and you know when to strip it back to an emotional sense to connect with your audience. Alisan would be my winner.

IAN27TAY: *standing ovation* *claps* WHAT!? I'm so speechless, I can't believe you both can slay that very hard song. I really love that both of you were paired, I can see the both of you having a great career in the singing industry. But I have to go with who i think stood out more than the other, and that's Alisan, for me.

jarmon: *STANDING OVATION AND SMILES PROUD* WOWOWOWOOWOWOWOWOOW! You ladies just brought back sooo many memories! I love this Fleetwood Mac song so much and you ladies did an amazing job with it. Each of you conveyed the message of the song clearly and that mesmerized me, but I gotta pick a winner, and that winner is.. Alisan Porter!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

JUDGES SAVE DECISION

@jarmon used his FIRST SAVE on Angie Miller, advancing her to the 8-Chair Challenge.

jarmon: I'll be using my first save on you, Angie, because I think it's too soon for a great artist like you to go home.

• Thanks 1

jarmon: Both of these overs are my golden boys, they've got that looks, both are handsome! But not only that, they're also both singing effortlessly with so much passion and beautiful tones, that's why I paired them.

Matt Terry vs. Ryan Quinn
- Song: Mercy (Shawn Mendes)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

MENTORS COMMENTS

A-Kid: *standing ovation* I really think the song choice and this pairing is spot on. I loved how you both poured your heart and soul into that performance. I gotta go with someone who I think can go far in this competition, and that is Matt.

QueenMae: You guys can turn a bop into a vocal slayage! Pretty equal I would say, but I think based on the tone I would go with Ryan on this one.

IAN27TAY: *standing ovation* *sing with them* Both of you have had a great balance of power and control, and I'm shaken because this song is really hard. But my vote for this battle will go to Matt Terry.

jarmon: *claps* Wow! You gents brought it tonight, you guys really impressed me in this performance but one of you has that star potential and I think is really ready to move forward, that person is... Matt Terry!

• Thanks 1

jarmon: I paired these artists because both are two of my soul divas! They've got that really strong pipes and both are always singing with so much passion into it.

Kymberli Joye vs. Shan Ako
- Song: Try a Little Tenderness (Otis Redding)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

MENTORS COMMENTS

A-Kid: *standing ovation* *hooting and hollering* Talk about a perfect pairing and a perfect song choice! You BOTH killed it! You've both that got angst and oomph factor when you sing, and I totally LOVED it! This really showed what you both can do as an artist. I would pick someone who I think can really have a shot at going far and that is Kymberli. But if I were the mentor, I MIGHT use my final save on you, Shan. 

QueenMae: Slay it yall! Yall know how to put on a show with those powerful and acrobatic vocals. I think based on the passion, I would go with Kymberli on this one.

IAN27TAY: *standing ovation* *claps, hooting, and hollering* OMG! Both of you are incredible, it was like two sisters singing to each other, and I really like the way that both of you are paired. Also, I gotta say that both of you gave justice to the song and this is one of my favorite performance for tonight. But the winner in this battle for me is Kymberli Joye. BUT, if I were the mentor, I have to save Shan.

jarmon: *stands and claps and dances along* YESSS GOTTA TRY A LITTLE TENDERNESS! This was exactly what I expected to hear from you both and I am so proud of you ladies tonight. This was a very even battle. Both of you gals poured your soul and passion into it, this is a really hard decision to make! But I've decided that the winner of this battle is... Kymberli Joye!

• Thanks 1

jarmon: I paired these male overs because I think they are both my storytellers in my team. They're always conveying the right emotion into the song, to the point where they're making us feel the message of the song.

Jeremiah Lloyd Harmon vs. Bryan Bautista
- Song: I'm Not Only the One (Sam Smith)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

MENTORS COMMENTS

A-Kid: The overs are killing it all tonight in the battles!! I LOVED that performance and the song choice. This song requires a lot of emotions and passion when you sing, and you both delivered that. But I have to go with someone that I think touches me every single time he sings, and that is Jeremiah.

QueenMae: You both I think are polished vocalists with insane power, I could see you both winning as well to be honest, yall can cause like children I just don't know how you do it lmao. I think based on the artistry and what I feel can do more, is Bryan so I would choose Bryan to advance. 

IAN27TAY: *standing ovation* Ok ok ok, this performance is so good, and I would really love to hear this in some music platform. This is one of my favorite songs, and both of you sing it soulfully and passionately. But my vote goes to Bryan on this battle. 

jarmon: *claps* Man! I regret putting you two together because I forgot how great you both are! You two really conveyed the emotion well, and made us feel that painful song. But I have to say, I am able to connect with one person more and that person I'm moving forward with me is... Jeremiah Lloyd Harmon!

• Like 1

jarmon: I paired these gals because both are my edgy girls, they've just got that edge and passion when they sing. I know that both of this girls wants to do well and aim high, and I can't wait to see them leaving it all on stage.

Amanda Brown vs. Ali Caldwell
- Song: Best Part (Daniel Caesar ft. HER)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

MENTORS COMMENTS

A-Kid: *standing ovation* *tears of joy* I.. I'm honestly lost for words right now. I am literally having tears because that's how GOOD that was. I totally loved it from the arrangement, the song choice, the pairing, every single thing! This is definitely the BEST BATTLE for me on this series. You both can win the whole show, that's crazy! But I have to pick one and I gotta pick Ali, because of her passion and determination when she sings. But I'M SO GLAD that jarmon did not used his save on the earlier battles, Amanda can't just leave too soon.

QueenMae: Okay ladies I just.... need a minute like wtf?! You both could win this competition, you have passion, smart placements, and out of this world vocals like LOL. If both of you don't advance I'm calling 911 for the robbery cause like....

Okay but I think I have to go with really just preference and I think Ali is the polished vocalist here so Ali would be my winner. But Amanda you need to be saved too girl cause honey lol.

IAN27TAY: *standing ovation* *cries* WOW!!! The title of your song tonight really defines your performance, it is really the best part of the whole show. I am actually standing the whole performance if you didn't see, it was THAT GOOD. I gotta say this right now, out of all the performances, this is my favorite, but my vote goes to Amanda Brown. BUT girl, Ali, if I were the mentor, I'm gonna waste no time and save ya.

jarmon: *STANDING OVATION AND CLAPS AND SMILES PROUD* DAMNN!!! YOU BOTH BETTA SANG! I am just in awe of both of you! Both of your hearts when you sing is just so full of passion, and that drive to win is really evident to the both of you, this is really a stunning and sweet yet powerful performance from the both of you, job well done girls! But the winner of this battle is... Ali Caldwell!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

JUDGES SAVE DECISION

@jarmon used his FINAL SAVE on Amanda Brown, advancing her to the  8-Chair Challenge.

jarmon: After that killer performance? There's no way I'm letting either of this powerhouses to leave this competition too early, both deserves to go far, so I'm using my save on Amanda.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

picsart-06-12-10-21-51.png

La'Porsha Renae
Stevie McCrorie
Saara Aalto
Ben Haenow
Candice Boyd
Joshua Ledet
Matthew Schuler
Alisan Porter