The Voice: Idol Factor Part 1

sydneysam

MENTOR COMMENTS

QueenMae: I think here I'm not really sure what to go with. But I love the crystal voice of Sarah, so based on that and progression, I would pick Sarah.

IAN27TAY: Sarah and Saara first of all I really like the way that you two are paired to each other. Sarah, you have that flawless voice and perfect high notes. While Saara, you really gave your best shot, but I gotta be honest, there's some pitchy moments. But you could really work in that by coaching and stuff. However, for this battle, my pick is Sarah.

thevoiceisthetop: That was so amazing! It's not a perfect performance for me but you've both got massive potential. But I gotta go with Saara on this one.

jarmon: *claps* This was a good battle ladies, I was really waiting for y'all to hit those magical notes and you ladies did! You cam here to BATTLE, and you did not disappoint! This was such a fantastic battle between you two. But the winner of this battle is.. Saara Aalto!

Edited by anonymouskid_35
  • Confused 1

jarmon: I paired these artists because they both have really cool and raspy voices. They've also got range for days, and power! This is exciting!

Kevin Simm vs. Ben Haenow
- Song: To Love Somebody (Bee Gees)

• Thanks 1

MENTOR COMMENTS

QueenMae: You two I think did a fine job indeed. I think Kevin really slayed this though, so I would have to go with Kevin.

IAN27TAY: *standing Ovation* Kevin you can really nail every song given to you. Ben, WOW, I'm really not expecting that you can slay that song, but I gotta be honest, there's some part in the performance that your voice is a little bit shaky, but despite what you two deal with. My vote goes for Ben

thevoiceisthetop: I love both of you guys and woah, this performance is what you really call a BATTLE. However for me, I gotta go with the person I'm seeing more potential and that is Ben.

jarmon: *stands and claps* Now that is how you sing this song! You guys both delivered tonight and made my decision hard. But I gotta pick someone that I can see delivered more. And that winner is... Ben Haenow!

• Confused 1

jarmon: Both of these artists have spank and fun factor in them whenever they're performing, and they also got a really high energy. Which is why I think they would excel together in a battle.

Fleur East vs. Candice Boyd
- Song: 'Cuz I Love You (Lizzo)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

MENTOR COMMENTS

QueenMae: I think you two are very fine vocalists indeed. Fleur your passion and drive to excel through those notes is outstanding. Candice your artistry and placements are just alluring! I would have to go with Candice on this one though.

IAN27TAY: *standing ovation*  WOW WOW WOW, you two are a superstar. I gotta say record  deals are on their way to you two. So now, I'm gonna vote who's the winner in this battle for me, and thats Fleur, but if I were the mentor I'm gonna save yah girl Candice.

thevoiceisthetop: This was a really fun performance! I love both of your sassiness when you sing, love that attitude! But I gotta pick Fleur on this one.

jarmon: *standing ovation and dances and sings along* That's how you sing ladies! This was fantastic! I love this song and I just pictured you girls singing it and y'all slayed! The winner of this battle is someone who I think can do more and that is... Candice Boyd!

• Thanks 1

jarmon: I paired these artists because both of 'em are my male powerhouses! They blow the roof of every time they're performing. They both have rasp in their voice as well and both man have full of soul when singing, they're like taking us to church!

Joshua Ledet vs. Dalton Harris
- Song: Purple Rain (Prince)

• Thanks 1

MENTOR COMMENTS

QueenMae: I have to be honest, Dalton you should know how it would have been to go against Joshua like omg! While you held your own, Joshua I think you are just a vocal olympic and I could see you winning this show without a doubt. So I would have to go with Joshua.

IAN27TAY: Last performers but definitely not the least! You have really proven that you're both deserving to be here. I really think you two can be a perfect duo. But my vote for tonight's battle between you two is Joshua.

thevoiceisthetop: Both of you guys were amazing and that really is a BATTLE. But I gotta go with someone that I can do more with, and that is Dalton.

jarmon: *STANDING OVATION CLAPPING* I MEAN WHAAAAT???? Damn! Joshua you just brought the house down! And Dalton you gave Joshua a run for his money! But I gotta be honest that sometimes the way you enunciate your words are a little weird. I have to go with the person I believe outperformed the other and that person is... Joshua Ledet!

• Thanks 1

IAN27TAY: I paired these artists because they both have that sweet and raw voices, I do think these young artists will slay together!

Whitney & Shannon vs. Hello Sunday
- Song: Pretty Hurts (Beyoncé)

• Like 2

MENTOR COMMENTS

jarmon: *claps* That was such a great performance! Your harmonies were on point and really made this performance so enjoyable. I would say Whitney and Shannon won this for me.

thevoiceisthetop: I loved all of your harmonies as a group, I also like the song choice, it suited both of your voices. But I gotta go with someone that I think is more ready for this show, and that is Whitney and Shannon.

QueenMae: You girls all did well and loved the synchronization of your vocals together! Harmonies well balanced, but I have to go with Whitney and Shannon on this one.

IAN27TAY: *standing ovation* I'm really emotional right now because this is one of my favorite songs. I have been listening to this song for many years. But, today I have discovered a new meaning/interpretation of the song, and that is because of your battle ladies. In this generation, people only care for you when you have a perfect face and body, and whatever is in your mind kinda doesn't today, but despite having that kind of society, people in this society right now SHOULD care for each other. Okay, okay, enough with the emotional sentiments. Whitney and Shannon, the delivery technique of your tone is excellent, and both of your voices are strong and raw. Hello Sunday, you two have a great voice and good control over it. But you two will need to work with your projection, and some part in your parts in this battle is pitchy. But I think I could work it out. Now, my decision is made and I'm sorry for whoever loses in this round but yeah, the winner of this battle and going to the next round is... Hello Sunday!

• Confused 1

IAN27TAY: I paired these groups because they both have that angelic yet energetic voices, and both of them also have that awesome dance moves when they're performing. 3 times 3 is 9, and I do believe 9 is a lucky number, like in this, you'll be LUCKY to hear this group performance.

Brothers3 vs. 5 After Midnight 
- Song: Cake by the Ocean (DNCE)

MENTOR COMMENTS

jarmon: This was a really good battle pairing, both of your groups are so fun and dynamic and I was smiling throughout this performance. I feel that 5 After Midnight have more of that STAR material so I would go with them.

thevoiceisthetop: This was a really fun performance/battle from the both of you groups. But I gotta go with 5 After Midnight.

QueenMae: You all did so well and I hear the passion in each of you individually. Based on potential I need to hear more from 5 After Midnight, so I would pick them.

IAN27TAY: Wow! What a perfect group battle. All of you charmed the whole audience as soon as you started singing individually. Brothers3, your singing was ravishingly good and you've got an outstanding musicianship. While 5AM, your exceptional talent of delivering performances makes you stand out in the crowd. I gotta say I'm not wrong when I picked this song for the both of you groups to battle with. So my decision is made and final, the winner of this battle just  proved to me they're the greater artists that can really shine as a group, and that is.. 5 After Midnight!

IAN27TAY: The sassiness of both groups is  the main reason why I paired both of them. I can see also that both groups are entertainer, which would make sense for them to be in a battle.

The Koi Boys vs. Alien Uncovered
- Song: Walking On Sunshine (Katrina and The Waves)

MENTOR COMMENTS

jarmon: This was another fun battle and I found myself smiling and feeling so much joy throughout your performance. I would go with Alien Uncovered.

thevoiceisthetop: It was another fun performance from this category! You're all entertainers, and good singers. But I gotta go with the group that I think can do more and that is Alien Uncovered.

QueenMae: You all did a fantastic job, idk its something about Alien that I could see potential going far in this, but Koi Boys really have high energy to excel and connect with the audience. I would go with Alien Uncovered though.

IAN27TAY: Even if the lyrics are unrelatable, you have the ability to make your audience see the story through your singing. All of you are really walking on sunshine after that performance, I gotta say, you really had fun on that stage and that's really great as a group. THAT WAS AMAZING! Koi Boys, you are like a hidden gem, your voice gave me goosebumps. Alien Undercovered, it looked like you own the stage around you, as you started singing, and I really like the little dance step you made and it's really great. I made up my mind and I'm really sorry... Alien Uncovered but you're not going home to see your family, because you.. win this battle!

IAN27TAY: These two groups are out of this world and both have a potential to captivate anyone with their performances, thats why i paired the both of them.

Rough Copy vs. Emblem3
- Song: What Makes You Beautiful (One Direction)

MENTOR COMMENTS

jarmon: *stands and sings and dances along* What a fun performance! You guys sang this song so beautifully and it really made me feel like I was at your concert, amazing job but I would go with Emblem3!

thevoiceisthetop: I do love all of you and this battle but I am picking Rough Copy on this battle, because I can see their growth and I believe that they are more ready to be in this competition.

QueenMae: Well done to all, I loved the energy, but I need to with what I feel is ready. The winner would be Rough Copy for me.

IAN27TAY: I just wanna say that you boys really blew me away, the notes are so perfect and the blending of your voices are so soothing. But honestly, there's some part that the notes are not reached properly, still it's a great performance. Rough Copy, you have confidence that will take your group forward, but be aware of the notes, I'm glad that your enjoying your performance BUT learn to differentiate singing and screaming. Emblem3, it was a huge pleasure listening to your group, but my only advice in your group is just the same at what I said to Rough Copy. So yeah, I made up my mind and the group that I'll be taking with me to the next round is.. Rough Copy!

IAN27TAY: Pop and Indie mixed together forms this battle! I just want to test both groups to battle with each other. I do believe that both groups have strong bonds, as they are all siblings, and they have that deep connection when singing.

The Cutkelvins vs. The Bundys
- Song: What About Us (P!nk)