The Voice: Idol Factor Part 1

sydneysam

The theme for the Live Playoffs Round 2 is...

picsart-07-10-10-36-06.jpg

This theme will be used also sometimes on the future rounds of the show. This theme is basically a "no theme" week, wherein, artists can sing whatever they want. 

Edited by anonymouskid_35
  • Haha 1

Opening out the 2nd Round of the Live Playoffs is a group that had been consistent on giving us total performances. Last week, they were praised as they sang an original of theirs, and displayed once again their moves and voices together.

1. 5 After Midnight
     - Song: Can't Stop the Feeling (Justin Timberlake)

• Confused 1

MENTORS COMMENTS

QueenMae: Well you guys just always bring the energy and great song choice for you tbh. Once again though, many off key notes and more dancing than the focus on your vocals. I'm not sure how much I can say to you anymore to improve yall, besides going with a ballad, because I just think you are appealing or not to people. So we'll see what the votes say, good luck all.

americanvoice: Boys, what a nice opening for this round of the Live Playoffs. As usual, you're all total performers, your dance moves are always on point. But, I think I've expected more from you tonight, I wanna see something new. I don't want your dance moves anymore or something, you've already proven us that you guys are performers, what I wanna see is a new side of you, just your heart boys. Because, honestly, the balance between moves and your vocals aren't equal sometimes, you're focusing so much on giving us that moves, we want your voice. But, this is a nice performance, otherwise.

A-Kid: That is a big pop song to sing! It is honestly the type of song that doesn't allow the vocal abilities of the artists to shine, which became an apparent problem to your performance tonight. I mean, it was actually good, performance-wise, but it just did not do it for me, something was lacking vocally. Moving forward, I wanna see more of that fire and desire within your group, and show us how bad you wanna stay in this competition.

jarmon: *stands and dances along* What a fun performance! You guys really have this infectious about you. This was such a fun and entertaining performance whilst still maintaining some strong vocals. You guys know how to put on a show and engage an audience. This is probably one of my favorites of yours so far.

IAN27TAY: *stands and dances along* That's what I call a performers! First of all, boys I really love the energy, and compare to your last performance, this performance is way better for me. I really hope you can give more in the next round. Vocally, you guys improved a lot, and your voices are more fitted to upbeat songs. I really love the dance steps and all the tumblings and moves you made, it was incredible. Overall, it's fun and a good performance.

• Like 1

Next group to perform is a group that impressed the viewers, especially the mentors, last week with their take on a classic Michael Jackson hit. They were praised for their harmonies and synchronization as a group, and how well their connection with each other is. This results of them being one of the Top 4 groups who got highest votes last week.

2. Stereo Kicks
     - Song: I Won't Give Up (Jason Mraz)

• Confused 1

MENTORS COMMENTS

QueenMae: Guys I have to be honest, you are an amazing group and in my personal Top 2 for this category based on consistency, but tonight it just wasn't there. The harmony was well done at least, but all the solo parts were just too off key and just heard like you are trying to find the right notes there, but never did. I really see you going farther, but just learn from this performance cause the song choice was perfect for you, however I think we just need to work on where our voice should remain, just never push beyond your range or all the solo parts will sound as they did today. I'm rooting for you guys though, so good luck.

americanvoice: Lads, you're one of my favorite groups last time you've performed, you were just so in sync with each other. However, tonight, something was off, I did not feel you as a group, I saw you, rather, as soloists doing group performance. This is kind of a letdown from your past performance, but I love you, I know you can do better than this. Also, James, you're just a good lead on this group.

A-Kid: First of all, boys, you came to fight last week! You just proved me wrong by doubting you when IAN27TAY picked you as one of the Final 6 Groups, I'm so glad you got one of the highest votes in this category last week, you deserved it! Tonight, I really love your song choice, it is in fact one of my favorite songs to listen to. But, I felt disconnected tonight on your performance, there was something about it that did not quite catch me, felt like it was an underwhelming performance from you, which is a shame, because you're already going up there, then here it comes. But, I know that you'll come back from this performance, I just really believed in you ever since last week.

jarmon: *claps* This was just such a sweet performance throughout. I appreciate this song choice so much as it always brings a smile to my face. I did feel you guys sounded good individually but didn't have any "group" moments that wowed me. I am starting to feel like you guys are better off as solo artists than a group.

IAN27TAY: *stands and smiles* Alright, boys, the way you sang this song tonight was good, and I can feel the emotion through your voice. This is one of my most favorite performances in your group. But, there are some parts that is a bit shaky, and I think its because you guys are nervous, but despite that cons, I just love the harmonies, and all of your vocals individually. Overall, you guys did a great job!

• Like 1

Third group to sing tonight is a group that had been a favorite ever since this show started. Last week, they had a heartfelt and sincere performance, singing one of their original songs. They were praised because of their connection with each other, and how authentic they are as a group.

3. Alex & Sierra
     - Song: Gravity (Sara Bareilles)

• Like 1

MENTORS COMMENTS

QueenMae: First of all, song choice was excellent like it was so good. Alex I heard major improvement from last time and Sierra you remain near-flawless with such an emotional connection, along with outstanding control. The solo parts were heartwarming and just pleasant to the ears tbh. I don't have much to say, but to continue to be amazing cause you guys, I really see you going far!

americanvoice: *standing ovation* You guys never fail to amaze us, you never fail to make us connect with you two everytime you sing. I love your song choice tonight, it is heartfelt, and somewhat captivating. You're the type of group that I don't wanna change anything at all, you being you is just perfection. Honestly, I can see you easily being on the Final 3 of this category.

A-Kid: *standing ovation* I'm just captivated once again by your performance, it just don't get boring with you two when you perform. This is vocally better than your last performance, for me. I love how the roughness of Alex's voice and that sweetness of Sierra's voice combined into this sincere and heartfelt voices. You always make me believe the message of every songs that you sing, that's so amazing. No much words to say, just a really job well done.

jarmon: *standing ovation crying and smiles* Thank you for this performance. It was so beautiful throughout. Your voices just compliment each other so perfectly and this performance was just absolute perfection. You guys are truly becoming one of my fave acts aside from my category. I am rooting for you guys and I loved this performance so much. Simply stunning.

IAN27TAY: *stands and claps* Everytime you guys sing, you always catch both my heart and attention. Alex, the way you looked at Sierra is undeniably cute, and your voice is flawless, the transition of your voice into normal to head voice is spot on. Sierra, I'm really proud of you, you really get over your fears and shyness on stage, and I really love your voice too, especially when you two starts to sing together, and harmonize. Overall, it was a lovely performance.

• Like 1

Next performance for tonight is from a group that opened this category's Live Playoffs Round 1 performances last time. They sang an original song of them, and impressed the mentors with their performance. They were praised because of their undeniably good stage presence.

4. Fifth Harmony
     - Song: I'm in Love with a Monster (Fifth Harmony)

• Confused 1

MENTORS COMMENTS

QueenMae: First of all, I love it when originals are sung in a competition, it shows your artistry and what you want to do with your career. I will say girls the energy was there and it really felt like your stage. I think really that's the strongsuit to you, to put on a show, because I will say your voices aren't exactly amazing, but you know how to use them to appeal to the audience. So well done, we'll see how the votes go, and good luck!

americanvoice: *grooves to the song* This is a nice performance, girls! This was honestly better than your past performance, I mean yeah that was good, but I expected better, and this is it! I love your voices individually and as a group. I do agree with jarmon though, I wanna see you step outside the box, because I know that you can, when you sang Impossible in the past round, you amazed me. I know you can do upbeat songs, but you already have proven us that so much, now, I wanna see you back to your serious and heartfelt side.

A-Kid: Okay, girls, I love that performance of yours, you just have this charisma when you step onto the stage, you're pulling us in, and making us have fun while you girls are performing. But, I will now be honest, this is not only for you, but for the rest of the groups, this is the part of the competition, where it gets serious, you gotta go big or go home. Having fun is okay, but I wanna see you go down dirty with a fight, I wanna see how much you want to stay in this competition. Pick something out of the box or something, give us that element of surprise and excitement. You girls did nothing wrong tonight, this is actually an energetic and good performance.

jarmon: *claps* Whilst I do love your upbeat performances, I have a request. Can you please sing a ballad next? Because I want to see you girls soar in a ballad and show off those vocals and impress everyone. Like this was good, don't get me wrong, but I would just love to see you girls take on a song that shows off more of your vocal range.

IAN27TAY: *STANDS AND DANCES ALONG* Omg, first of all, I really love the song choice, and it suits perfectly in all of your voices, and you girls really have that stage presenc. You girls really performed like a superstar. Individually, all of you did a great job, you guys really perform as a group. And, all the dance steps you performed tonight, is so well executed. i just love that you guys performed a different style tonight, it really showed how well trained and good you are. Overall, this performance is flawless.

• Like 1

Closing out this category's Live Playoffs Round 2 performances is a group that had been one of the Bottom 2 Groups last week. They fought against Real Like You, where they won. Their past performance was a song by one of the Disney movies, they were criticised then because of that specific performance, and because of the song choice. They then sang a Beyoncé hit, where they ultimately won the sing-off.

5. 4th Impact
     - Song: Lose You To Love Me (Selena Gomez)

• Like 1

MENTORS COMMENTS

QueenMae: Well hello girls! Where was this yall?! I think this was easily your best performance so far, I think this song was really smart, also being a current hit, we would compare between Gomez. I will say, you came and went for the fences, the passion was there, the notes were clean, the placements were near-perfect. The harmonies the best they could have been for you really. I think you cameback hard and have shown you want a spot in the Final 3 of your category.

americanvoice: *standing ovation* Okay! Girls, that was a real comeback from your past performance! Less is better as they say. You kept it simple yet fun tonight, you kept it under control tonight, it was just a flawless performance from you. At first, I was kinda skeptical, because this is not the type of song to sing in a competition, normally, especially this far. But, you proved me wrong, just keep redeeming yourselves girls, this is a job well done.

A-Kid: *standing ovation* What a way to close the show! I gotta be honest, it was an another underwhelming night for me, I just expect everyone to step up, some disappointed me tonight, but you girls, and one or two others, impressed me. I love your dynamics in this performance, you surprised me. Honestly, when you hit the bottom last week, there's in no way of escaping it, but tonight, that might just not only escape you from the bottom, but maybe, it can slowly bring back you as favorites, just keep being consistent, girls. What a stunning performance.

jarmon: *STANDING OVATION CRYING AND THROWS SHOES* AND YOU GIRLS ARE BACK!! UGH YES! This is the 4th Impact that I know! This was a complete redemption performance and you ladies DELIVERED! This took me on such an emotional journey man, Selena really expressed all of her hurt and feelings in this song and you did it justice. My favorite performance of the night by a mile.

IAN27TAY: *STANDS AND CRIES* First of all, girls I really love that you picked a song which showed the rawness of your voice, and that's what I really liked. I'm glad that you girls just showed tonight how good and beautiful your voices are. But there is one problem that I consider, and that's your diction, but that's a minor thing. Overall,  less is really more.

• Like 1

picsart-07-05-08-44-37.jpg

!! VOTING LINE IS NOW OFFICIALLY OPEN !!

This series' voting will be different. You can only vote ONCE PER IDF ACCOUNT. But, you can vote using up to 3 LEGIT E-MAILS (if you have 3). So it means, if you have 3 E-MAILS and an IDF ACCOUNT, you can have a total of 4 VOTES

How will you vote? Simply click the link BELOW. Then, in the link, you'll see the name of each artists per number. In each name, you'll see a drop-down list with 6 points up until 1 point. You'll have to rank the artists based on their performances tonight. You can only give ONE ARTIST a 6 POINTS, ONE with 5 POINTS, so on, and so forth. Voting lines will CLOSE at 7:30 PM EST.

WARNING! If you gave 2 or more artists the same points, I will disregard your votes, so make sure to give one artist only one.

For a recap of tonight's show, here it is:

1. 5 After Midnight
     - Song: Can't Stop the Feeling! (Justin Timberlake)

2. Stereo Kicks
     - Song: I Won't Give Up (Jason Mraz)

3. Alex & Sierra
     - Song: Gravity (Sara Bareilles)

4. Fifth Harmony
     - Song: I'm in Love with a Monster (Fifth Harmony)

5. 4th Impact
     - Song: Lose You To Love Me (Selena Gomez)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This show was much better than last round's. However, I will admit that it did not do enough. Here are my opinions...

5 After Midnight- After last round's weak performance which really only focused on the performance, I was hoping for something with a greater focus on vocals. I was heavily disappointed. 😕 This performance was very weak. The beginning of the song started out very pitchy and it really didn't get much better. After two weak performances, I am hoping 5 After Midnight lands in the bottom 2 and is eliminated (unless they redeem themselves). 

Stereo Kicks- After a strong start to the Live Playoffs, Stereo Kicks just came crashing back down. Part of the issue with Stereo Kicks is that there are way too many of them! The only thing that they can do to stand out as a big group is harmonize, which they do well. However, for this performance the only good thing that Stereo Kicks did was harmonize, and to be honest, I'm getting tired of it... :/ After this performance, I'm starting to think that the reason Stereo Kicks is a group is because they are weak individually. I think Stereo Kicks may have just secured themselves a spot in the bottom 2. I also wouldn't be surprised if the mentors opted to save 5 After Midnight... 🙄

Alex and Sierra- Alex and Sierra are in the perfect position to be in the final 3 of their category. They are surrounded by inconsistent and average groups, and they are the only group who has remained consistent during the Playoffs. After an impressive showing tonight, I have little doubt that this group will be safe. Everything is just playing in their favor and I don't even think the mentors notice it! 😅 The only issue that I think will arise for Alex and Sierra is how they will face the strong talent of the other categories. 

Fifth Harmony- After a pretty average performance last week, guess what Fifth Harmony does? Yet another average performance this week that focused too much on performing. I think @anonymouskid_35's critique described the situation perfectly. I don't feel that Fifth Harmony wants to win this. They are giving solid performances and getting through due to their popularity and the fact that their other category members are giving trainwreck performances. After tonight, Fifth Harmony is right in the middle of the pack. 

4th Impact- Now that's how you come out of the bottom 2! These girls just displayed what every member in their category should do. They stepped it up! Had it not been for them, this night would have been another disappointment for me. If 4th Impact keeps this momentum up they are definitely going to give Alex and Sierra a run for their money! 👍

Edited by Bk1234
  • Thanks 3

picsart-07-06-07-37-31.jpg

!! VOTING LINE FOR GROUPS IS OFFICIALLY CLOSED !! 

Tune in tonight at 8 PM EST as the Final 5 of The Over 25's category takes on the stage for the Live Playoffs Round 2.

picsart-06-11-11-29-43960.jpg

Hi and welcome back to The Voice: Idol Factor Part 1!

Last night, we've witnessed how the Final 5 of The Groups category started the Live Playoffs Round 2. All groups tried to gave it their all, redeeming themselves from the last week's criticisms, but some failed again to do so, and some disappointed the viewers and mentors. Some groups, however, redeemed themselves by a lot. Only 3 groups will automatically move to the Final Round of the Live Playoffs, and the other, or the Bottom 2, will have to fight in Sing-Off, that'll all be revealed on Friday Night.

Tonight, we'll see the Final 5 of The Over 25's perform for the viewers vote singing anything they want to impress them and the mentors. Will the Overs redeem themselves tonight? Or will they again receive yet another criticisms? Let's see on who stepped it up tonight!

• Like 1

Everybody let's welcome our lovely

mentors for this series.

@IAN27TAY

@QueenMae16

@americanvoice38

@anonymouskid_35

@jarmon

Let's now welcome the artists that will perform tonight, the Final 6 Over 25's !

Ali Cadwell
Angie Miller
Amanda Brown
Joshua Ledet
Kymberli Joye

Let the Live Playoffs Round 2 BEGIN!

• Thanks 1

The theme for the Live Playoffs Round 2 is...

picsart-07-10-10-36-06.jpg

This theme will be used also sometimes on the future rounds of the show. This theme is basically a "no theme" week, wherein, artists can sing whatever they want. 

• Like 1

Opening this category's performances tonight is an over that was deemed a favorite by many ever since she stepped foot on both singing competitions that she had joined. Last week, she gave yet another tremendous performance after performing a huge classic, impressing the viewers and mentors, to which is why, she got one of the highest votes last week, and was safe.

1. Ali Caldwell
     - Song: Did I Ever Love You (Leonard Cohen)

• Like 1