The Voice: Idol Factor Part 1 (Live Semi-Finals on JAN 17 8PM EST)

MENTORS COMMENTS

IAN27TAY: *claps and cries* The way you started your performance tonight was a bit shaky, and you really need to practice your low notes and learn more on how to deliver it. Also, your voice is little dry tonight, but your stage presence is surey one of your best attributes as an artist. on you. This may not be your best performance, but I gotta say, you've already proven that you're superstar.

QueenMae: Noah I have to be honest, not the song choice for you, but I appreciate the change in your deep voice, and how you can make any song your own! While it was lacking on certain parts, the power was just as exciting to hear and you really have shown why you deserve to be here. 

americanvoice: Noah, the best thing about you is your gorgeous low notes every single time you perform! It is just so clean and perfect, especially super interesting. The way how you've held yourself tonight was impressive. However, I felt like your biggest challenge every time is your high parts, felt like you were struggling there tonight. But, I know you can do better, so best of luck! 

jarmon: *stands and claps* Man! I love your low notes! You have such an insanely special voice! Like this was just magical. I have to say you started off really captivating me and then lost that power once you hit the chorus but recovered again towards the end and truly made me enjoy this performance. Kudos to you, Noah!

A-Kid: I have to disagree with what IAN27TAY said, I think your best attribute was your low notes! You know how to handle and deliver it, it's just sooo good. It may started of a little shaky, and the whole performance might be an inconsistent one, but you captivated me tonight with your emotions. I love how you delivered this big song of Harry, and made it your way. There's still a lot of improvement on you Noah, but you're getting there.

Edited by anonymouskid_35
  • Thanks 1
  • Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

React to this (and the performance post) if you want to vote for Ali!   Thanks = 20 votes Like = 10 votes Sad = 5 votes

2 more performances to go for tonight! Next performance is from the Over 25's artist that was deemed as one of the favorites left in the competition. She did a different performance last time as she t

React to this (and the performance post) if you want to vote for Alisan!   Thanks = 20 votes Like = 10 votes Sad = 5 votes

Closing out this category's Live Playoffs Round 1 night is an artist that is a comeback auditionee on the last competition he joined. He had no chair turns at his first try, but got 4 chairs at the 2nd try. In this competition, he showed how versatile he is as an artists. He had performed ballad and upbeat song already in the past few rounds.

6. Aydan Calafiore
    - Song: Runaway Baby (Bruno Mars)

MENTORS COMMENTS

IAN27TAY: *CLAPS AND SING ALONG* WOOH!! This performance is absolutely incredible, you're an overall superstar already! Your voice is tremendous, and your dance step is super good. Your visual is also perfect! But, there is something off in this performance, and that is your connection to the audience. However, overall, it's an outstanding piece performed by you. 

QueenMae: Aydan you are just a natural performer you know? You know how to work the stage, appeal to the audience, and really know what kind of artist you want to be. I think the vocals were a bit lacking, but overall great energy up there. We'll see how the votes go!

americanvoice: *stands and dances along* Aydan!! That was a really hard song from Bruno Mars, and you just performed it easily! You're totally a triple threat to any category on this competition, you just can do it all. You've been consistent on giving us performances that we won't forget.

jarmon: *stands and claps and dances along* Wow! I judged you so hard for this song choice at first! I was like how the hell are you going to show off your voice with this horrible song choice? BUT YOU PROVED ME WRONG!! You made this performance so much fun and made it such a pleasure to watch! I have to say you have really been impressing me a lot by always surprising me with what you can do each and every week, good job Aydan!

A-Kid: *jives along the song* Man, the performer Aydan is totally baaack! I'm so glad I gave you this song tonight, after numerous ballad performances tonight, yours was a breathe of fresh air for me. You just made us happy with that performance. You can be really a triple threat to other categories, I'm so glad I have you! The performance tonight was not as vocally strong as the others, but yours was the most enjoyable tonight. You just can do it all, Aydan. I can already imagine a lot songs fitting on your versatile voice. Keep slaying, my boy!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

picsart-07-05-08-44-37.jpg

!! VOTING LINE IS NOW OFFICIALLY OPEN !!

This series' voting will be different. You can only vote ONCE PER IDF ACCOUNT. But, you can vote using up to 3 LEGIT E-MAILS (if you have 3). So it means, if you have 3 E-MAILS and an IDF ACCOUNT, you can have a total of 4 VOTES

How will you vote? Simply click the link BELOW. Then, in the link, you'll see the name of each artists per number. In each name, you'll see a drop-down list with 6 points up until 1 point. You'll have to rank the artists based on their performances tonight. You can only give ONE ARTIST a 6 POINTS, ONE with 5 POINTS, so on, and so forth. Voting lines will CLOSE at 7:30 PM EST.

WARNING! If you gave 2 or more artists the same points, I will disregard your votes, so make sure to give one artist only one.

For a recap of tonight's show, here it is:

1. Hunter Plake

- Song: Higher Love (Steve Winwood)

2. Jason Warrior
     - Song: Love on the Brain (Rihanna)

3. Mo Aderinan
     - Song: Don't You Worry Child (Swedish House Mafia)

4. Sheldon Riley
     - Song: Everybody Wants To Rule the World (Tears for Fears)

5. Noah Mac
     - Song: Sign of the Times (Harry Styles)

6. Aydan Calafiore
     - Song: Runaway Baby (Bruno Mars)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
3 minutes ago, kenboy123 said:

Still no place to put username and e-mail....I was hoping it wouldn't happen again...

I'M SO SORRY. THAT'LL BE THE LAST ☹️. I'm just so tired for today and kinda sleepy already aaa. I edited it now

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Sorry for the mistakes, bc of that you can now vote again for 1 more time using your IDF account. Then you can also vote using 3 e-mail accounts. I've enabled the multiple response option. I'm sleepy at the time I've posted the link so yeah.

Voting link's above, check it out and vote!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

picsart-07-06-07-37-31.jpg

!! VOTING LINE FOR THE BOYS IS NOW OFFICIALLY CLOSED !! 

Tune in at 8 PM EST as the Final 6 of  The Underdogs  category fight it out to stay in this competition.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

picsart-06-11-11-29-43216.jpg

Hi and welcome back to The Voice: Idol Factor Part 1!

Last night, we saw how the Final 6 of The Boys category continued the Live Playoffs Round 1 and fought it out to reach the next round of the Live Playoffs. Just like the first night of the first round of the Live Playoffs, some were criticized as they failed to live up from the hype of their last performances, while some stood out and surprised many, giving them their best performances yet. One thing's for sure, they gave it their best last night, but was it enough for the audience? We'll know that on Thursday Night.

Tonight, we will witness how the Final 6 of The Underdogs category give their best to stay on this show. Will some artists surprise us again tonight? Will some disappoint once again? Let's find that out tonight!

• Thanks 1

Everybody let's welcome our lovely mentors for this series.

@IAN27TAY

@QueenMae16

@americanvoice38

@anonymouskid_35

@jarmon

Let's now welcome the artists that will perform tonight, the Final 6 Underdogs!

Zhavia
Johnny Manuel
Jordy Marcs
Kennedy Holmes
Jamie Miller
Evvie McKinney

Let the Live Playoffs Round 1 BEGIN!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The theme for the Live Playoffs Round 1 is...

picsart-07-04-10-08-35498.jpg

This theme will showcase who they truly are as an artist, giving them a chance to pick the song that shows what they really want to portray as an artist.

• Thanks 1

Starting out this category's Live Playoffs Round 1 is an artist that already became an underdog on the last competition she joined, because she was just a comeback artist on it. She's already a successful artist right now, but she's consistently proving that she can do her magic once again on this competition. She have one of the most unique voices, to which is why she impressed her mentor.

1. Zhavia
     - Song: Nothing Compares To You (Sinead O' Conor)

• Thanks 1
MENTORS COMMENTS

IAN27TAY: *standing ovation* OH MY GOD THIS IS THE BEST PERFORMANCE IN THIS COMPETITION SO FAR. I really love the way you sing, and your unique voice just keeps shining, especially on this performance. I'm really excited for you to be in the music industry. You're just a young girl but man, you really slay whenever you sing in the stage. I love the transition of your voice from normal to head tone. Overall, this just PERFECTION.

QueenMae: Well girl congrats on making it this far despite me eliminating you! I will say I love how you make everything your own and you just have a cool tone. I can only wish you best of luck this was pretty good, well done!

A-Kid: Zhaviaaa! I never expected that you'll sing a big Sinead O' Conor song, my girl, that was a huge and difficult song to sing but you slayed it! I totally love your style, you have control in it, it sounds just so unique and super interesting. You're just so consistently good on this competition. Keep it up my gal!

jarmon: *standing ovation and claps* What a fantastic song choice that showed off your voice wonderfully and I am loving all your performances so far. You just have this really enchanting voice that nobody can deny, keep slaying queen.  

giphy.gif

americanvoice: *standing ovation and clapping* I am so freakin' proud of ya Zhavia. You just proved to many that you don't deserve to go home at all in the first place, I knew from the start that you're just so special, and when I saw you being eliminated, in my mind quickly was, there's no way I'm letting you go. You just oozes that star quality in you, music industry nowadays definitely have a space for a special gift like you, you don't sound anyone else! I'm so ready to hear more of your singles!
  • Thanks 1

Next to perform is an artist that is originally from the overs but got eliminated early. There's something in him that impressed his mentor a lot, to which is why she picked him up after his elimination. He is constantly compared to the legendary, Whitney Houston, but in this competition, he continues to prove that he is his own artist.

2. Johnny Manuel
     - Song: Lately (Stevie Wonder)

• Thanks 1
MENTORS COMMENTS

IAN27TAY: First of all, this song choice suited your voice perfectly. This is definitely one of your best performances. Even if the lyrics are unrelatable for some, you have that talent to make your audience see the story of the song through your performances. You really have a perfect voice for a man. And also, the one factor that I love about you, is when you're hitting the high notes, it's just perfect. Overall, this performance is too beautiful to be real. 

QueenMae: Whoa Johnny you really are just a stellar vocalist and I really hear how much you want this! I think we hear new sides from you every performance and I want to just hear more versatility from you if advancing. I really do think you have a voice to be a dark horse here, so I really hope you continue to advance, well done! 

A-Kid: Johnny, my dude, I will be honest, I think your appeal to me is slowly fading away, you just overdo some songs with your riffs and runs. BUT, tonight, what a great song choice! This song really suited your voice, I love how it showed your vulnerable side, yet you still contain that soulfulness within you. Moving forward, I want more of this, give me this, and keep it simple yet special.

jarmon: *claps* I have to say that whilst you are technically great, I just feel like you lack the emotional connection to the song. Like there's no doubt you can sing but I want to see you change it up as I'm starting to feel like you are going to become a dated singer.

americanvoice: WHAT A PERFORMANCE JOHNNY! I made no mistake on giving you that song, it just suited your voice well. I do agree that sometimes you overdo the riffs and runs, and about the dated singer  thing, I think that can be both fixed. You just have that soulfulness within you that is so special and cannot be denied.

• Thanks 1

Next performance from tonight is from an artist that came from a popular singing show all the way from Australia. He was eliminated on the second round of the competition, but his mentor saw something in him, to which is why she picked him up to be one of the newest contestants introduced. He impressed many by his unique takes on popular songs.

3. Jordy Marcs
     - Song: The Thrill Is Gone (BB King)

• Thanks 1
MENTORS COMMENTS

IAN27TAY: You are one of the most versatile artists this series, I really love your style and your stage presence is absolutely great. It was like you charmed the whole place as soon as you started singing. Overall, it was a transcending experience listening to you on this performance. 

QueenMae: Jordy you are truly an artist and know what you want to do with your voice. I loved the cracks and rasp in your voice, still remaining the pitch as well can be hard with a voice like yours. Progressing, I just want to hear more of what you got and hopefully it all works in your favor, well done!

A-Kid: Jordy, there's no denying of your unique style and voice. I just love how you took a classic rock song tonight, you just showed us the rocker side of you. This performance just oozes so much grittiness from your voice, that excite me. There's definitely no doubt why you made it this far. You're so uniquely special. 

jarmon: *claps* This was a really good performance with a lot of special moments. I love the rasp you have to your voice as it's just so beautiful. You have really been changing it up each and every week and you are someone that I look forward to every week because I don't know what I'm going to expect, but I always love it.

americanvoice: Give that to me Jordy!! I super loved that performance. It was nice hearing the comments of the other mentors tonight praising you. I totally loved what you did tonight, I asked you a new side of you, then you showed your real lane, the rock one. This is where you're meant to be, Jordy. I am so happy I gave you that song, you freakin' killed it! Looking forward for more performances from you!

• Thanks 1

Fourth performance for tonight is from our young girl from a show in the USA. This girl impressed many with her deep and controlled soulful voice. She was originally on the girls category this series, but got eliminated early too. Fortunately for her, her mentor saw something in her, to which is why she decided to make her one of the underdogs this series. She consistently proves to why she should not been eliminated in the first place. 

4. Kennedy Holmes
     - Song: This Is Me (Keala Settle)

• Thanks 1
MENTORS COMMENTS

IAN27TAY: I'm really crying right now, you're really good on telling a story whenever you perform a certain song. When you started singing, I just immediately sailed through your soulful voice. This Is Me is a big song, but it suited your voice so well. If you ever decide to make an album, I would love to purchase a dozen of it. I just hope you continue to sing like this, and btw honey, you are a superstar. Overall, this is a very inspiring performance.

QueenMae: Kennedy, you have an interesting voice I'd say. I have to say the song choice and connection wasn't there for me tonight, Kennedy I truly believe you have huge potential, but just now I don't hear anything extraordinary I'm sorry. Its just too inconsistent and we need better songs for you. I can only wish you best of luck.

A-Kid: *standing ovation* OMG Kennedy, what the heck was that? That was soo freakin' good. From your voice, to the staging, to your confidence, it all went so perfectly! I totally love it when you switch from this tiny matured artist to a young contemporary artist. Might it be old or new, you can do it! This is such a big song, and a really really hard song to sing, basically one of this generation's suicidal song, but you pulled it through! And you killed it! What's with the Underdogs tonight? You're definitely killing it! Nice song choices americanvoice! I am a fan Kennedy, you just proved yourself so much more tonight.

jarmon: *STANDING OVATION CRYING THROUGHOUT PERFORMANCE* Wowowowowow! You are something special for sure Kennedy! I'm so glad that you were selected for the underdogs category because you have been killing it and I am so insanely proud of you and this performance brought me to tears, amazing!

giphy.gif 
americanvoice: *standing ovation and weeping* KENNEDY, MY GIRL! That is so good! At first, I was skeptical if you can pull this crazy hard song, but you KILLED it! This was just not hard because of its crazy high notes, but also hard to convey the true message of the song. As much as I love QueenMae, I have to disagree with her tonight, I felt your connection to the song, you just made us feel the message of the song. Just always remember the song, that no one should ever dictate your worth, because this is you! You are born and you are so ready for this!

• Thanks 1

Fifth performance for tonight is from an artist that came from a show that is all the way from the United Kingdom. Since the start of this competition, he proved to us that he is a versatile singer, but he was eliminated by his old mentor before. Gladly, he was picked by his mentor right now as an underdog. Throughout his second chance, he showed us different sides of him, might it be ballad, pop song, inspirational song, and many more. That impressed his mentor a lot, to which is why he made it this far.

5. Jamie Miller
     - Song: Stitches (Shawn Mendes)

• Thanks 1
MENTORS COMMENTS

IAN27TAY: Wow, this is new! I really love every single song of Shawn Mendes, and when you performed this tonight, you make me love your voice even more. I gotta say this performance may not be your best, but you did a great job, I just think its a bit rushed, maybe? But overall, you have a great voice and good control over it. You will need to work with your projection, and BTW you are really good at dancing. I love your style. 

QueenMae: Jamie you really bring the energy and give the audience this heart-throb on the stage, but what I really want is to hear you and not what you want to be. Show us your true self, don't come out here and just be a pop-star, show us your voice because I know you have it in you. Good luck Jamie.

A-Kid: *standing ovation* Jamie, you are the REAL DEAL. I am not at keen for you from the start, but ever since you set your foot once again on this competition, you're just going better and better. I totally love that you showed your performer side once again tonight, you just can do it all! I agree with IAN27TAY, you're so good at controlling your crazy high voice, and you're such a good performer! I wanna see your balladeer side again tonight, but this performance just killed that for me. You're just a triple threat.

jarmon: *claps* A very fun song choice! I was a little worried for you but you just found a perfect song choice that suits your voice and you truly had your moment here. I would like to see you perform a ballad next just to change it up and show off your voice a little more. But that said, this was an amazing performance and you had me singing along with you and just smiling. Your energy is so infectious!

americanvoice: *standing ovation and jives along to the song* JAMIEEE! What a hell of a performance from you! This just proved how versatile are you as an artist, you can be a balladeer, a performer, an inspiration singer, a pop artist, you can do anything! And mygod, those crazy vocals and dance steps of yours, truly amazing. You have such good control over everything that you do, you did not let your moves affect your voice, it's just so perfect. Your performance today just showed WHO YOU WANNA BE IN THE FUTURE, which is exactly the THEME of this round, so yeah. I am so excited to see more from you.

• Thanks 1

Closing out this category tonight is an artist that is already on the winners circle on the last show she joined. She already joined this competition, but got eliminated in the battles. Fortunately for her, her mentor saw something special in her, to which she brought her this far. On her second chance on this show, she continuously gives a spectacular performance.

6. Evvie McKinney
     - Song: Ain't No Sunshine (Bill Withers)

• Thanks 1
MENTORS COMMENTS

IAN27TAY: *standing ovation* Evvie you can really sing any song! This is honestly your best performance so far, I love the raspiness of your voice, and I love the way you hit the high notes. Also, your connection to the audience is one of the best. Overall, this was a fun and absolutely great performance.

QueenMae: Evvie you have shown why you deserve to be here indeed, I will say I loved this performance from you, I think its artistically flawless but can speak to all of us. We hear your story girl and your voice remains near-perfect. You really know what you are doing and I can only wish you good luck, you really should feel proud sis! 

A-Kid: *standing ovation and throws a shoe* GIRL YOU CAME TO SLAY! Without a doubt, that was the BEST PERFORMANCE so far not only tonight, but on the Live Playoffs Round 1 so far, I am proud of the overs, and my boys, but you just killed it tonight. This is honestly a performance to remember, that soulfulness on you was just burning tonight, that desire to move forward. You just made yourself a favorite of mine tonight, slay as girl!

jarmon: *STANDING OVATION THROWING SHOES AND DOES STANK FACE* PERFORMANCE OF THE NIGHT!!! This just had all the right ingredients and everything mixed together so well and I was just doing my stank face as you were slaying! Truly a spectacular performance, you are a natural performer!

giphy.gif

americanvoice: *standing ovation and runs to the stage to hug her* WHAT JUST FREAKIN' HAPPENED?! IS THAT REALLY YOU EVVIE? I already know that you have a good voice, I know that you are a spectacular performer, but tonight, it's just so different. That eagerness to win on this show just showed from you tonight. Honestly, you're the underdog that I'm not sure the most about, because there's just a lot like you already, but tonight, you just separated yourself from them. This is just out of this world good. A performance that I won't ever forget. Congratualations, because you just made yourself a frontrunner tonight! I am rooting for you darling.

• Thanks 1
  • anonymouskid_35 changed the title to The Voice: Idol Factor Part 1 (Live Semi-Finals on JAN 17 8PM EST)