The Voice: Idol Factor Part 1

sydneysam

Next underdog performing for tonight is an artist that originally came from X-Factor UK. She became a favorite at the start of the show because of her very emotional audition and backstory. She made it through to the Judges House, however she wasn't picked as the Final 3 by her mentor, Simon Cowell. Now, she is set to prove that even though she's just newly introduced, she also deserves to go to the next round.

7. Caitlyn Vanbeck
     - Song: New Rules (Dua Lipa)

Edited by anonymouskid_35
  • Thanks 1

americanvoice: What a voice Caitlyn! And also, that song is one of my favorite songs, and it is technically not a competition song, but you just made a version of it were it can be a competition song! A breathe of fresh air, indeed.

americanvoice: I will definitely give you a chair, but nothing's so sure for tonight.

Seat 7- Caitlyn Vanbeck

• Thanks 1

We're already halfway through the 8-Chair Challenge of The Underdogs tonight. And so far, 7 of the 8 chairs were already taken, which means only ONE CHAIR remains. Here is the current standings of the 8 chairs:

Seat 1- OneUp
Seat 2- Avery Wilson
Seat 3- Evvie McKinney
Seat 4- Timyra Joi
Seat 5- Donel Mangena
Seat 6- Jamie Miller
Seat 7- Caitlyn Vanbeck
Seat 8- N/A

We still have 7 more performances to go from our underdogs. They will have to give it all their best because their mentor will surely be more critical as the 8 chairs are filling up. Who will be swapped out? Who just secured their seats and will not be swapped out for tonight? Will we have our series' very first sing-off in this round? Let's now find that out! 

• Thanks 1

Eighth performance for tonight is an artist that came from The Voice Australia. He had a very interesting audition, turning more than 1 chair. He mesmerized us with his raspy voice and range. He was on Team Guy, and in the knockouts, he lost, and was not stolen, eliminating him early in the competition. Now, he is eager to prove that he deserves more than what he placed in TVAUS.

8. Jordy Marcs
     - Song: Love on the Brain (Rihanna)

• Thanks 1

americanvoice: What a freakin' voice Jordy! That's just the first time that I head that song sung that way. It is honestly a very interesting take on that song, you've brought edginess on it. I really like what you do with your voice, and your vocal decisions on your performances.

americanvoice: I just really love that performance that I have to give you my last chair!

Seat 8- Jordy Marcs

• Thanks 1

Next performance for tonight is a group that is originally from the groups category this year, but was eliminated on the battles. This group originally came from The Voice Australia too, they were a favorites when they auditioned on Season 5, because they were the first trio ever to join the show, however they lost in the knockouts, and were eliminated. They came back to TVAUS on Season 7 and got as far as the battles, but they lost yet again, and failed to make the lives. Now they are eager to prove that they do deserve to finally be in the live rounds in a competition.

9. The Koi Boys
     - Song: Cry to Me (Solomon Burke)

• Thanks 1

americanvoice: *grooves to the song* BOYS! That was just so good. I really love how you harmonize each other. You really have that crooner type of voice, which is a breathe of fresh air to me in this competition, because sometimes, it is becoming all about who reaches the highest note or something, but you, you're just so unique. It is evident that you really want this and you're born to perform!

But as you can see, I've got my chairs full. And all of them got an amazing performances tonight, is your performance too safe in this round of the competition? Is that enough for you to swap out one of the underdogs seating in one of the 8 chairs?

americanvoice: This is just really hard, because all of that 8 underdogs that are in the chair are amazing, but what you are giving me is something different and unique, so yeah I'll have to give you a chair!

The chair you're taking is... Seat 1! You'll be replacing OneUp. Boys, I'm really sorry, it's just that moving on, I want something unique and interesting, and something new, I just think the Koi Boys can give it. But keep singing because you deserve to go places!

Seat 1- O̶n̶e̶U̶p̶ The Koi Boys

• Sad 1

Tenth performance for tonight will be coming from yet again another group. This group is originally in the category of the groups in this series, but got eliminated also in the battles. They're originally from The Voice US and were on Team Alicia. They've went as far as the knockouts, however, they were eliminated in it. They will now prove that they are ready to go far and is more than ready than ever.

10. Whitney & Shannon
       - Song: Ho Hey (The Lumineers)

• Thanks 1

americanvoice: That was a lovely rendition of that song ladies! You've got this tight sister bond that is showing everytime you're singing. You both are just in sync with each other, both voices compliments each other. Although, I gotta be honest, this was an "easy" song choice for me, but still I love it!

Now that my chairs are full, is what you've done really enough?

americanvoice: I just think that the others are much more ready in this competition ladies, and those 8 seating right now are all amazing. Hard to say this but I'm not giving you a chair.

No Seat- Whitney & Shannon

• Sad 1

americanvoice: That was a lovely rendition of that song ladies! You've got this tight sister bond that is showing everytime you're singing. You both are just in sync with each other, both voices compliments each other. Although, I gotta be honest, this was an "easy" song choice for me, but still I love it!

Now that my chairs are full, is what you've done really enough?

americanvoice: I just think that the others are much more ready in this competition ladies, and those 8 seating right now are all amazing. Hard to say this but I'm not giving you a chair.

No Seat- Whitney & Shannon

• Sad 1

Next underdog performing for tonight is a girl who originally came from The Voice US. She became a huge favorite because of her stellar audition. She had a shock exit though at the blinds after losing in her battle and not getting a save/steal from the coaches. Now she is eager to prove something, and that is that she will go far this time, go big or go home.

11. Rizzi Myers
       - Song: Hurt (Christina Aguilera)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

americanvoice: *standing ovation* OMG Rizzi that was really good, like REAL GOOD. I just love your amazing control on your voice, you've got the pipes for the high notes, but you've also got that pipe for the low ones. I just love how you conveyed that very emotional song of Christina. Covering the song of this diva is just so hard that you have to be in the zone to do it, and you did it! You just prove to many that you did deserve to move forward and move a long way in a competition.

But is that performance really enough? 8 talented underdogs are currently sitting on the 8 chairs, is your performance enough to swap one of them?

americanvoice: Absolutely! I totally loved that performance Rizzi, there's no way I'm letting you go this time, I'm giving you a freakin' seat!

The chair you're taking is... Seat 7! You'll be replacing Caitlyn. Caitlyn, darling, what you've done is the best that you can do, however I just felt that, that song was just too safe in this round of the competition, but you've got a really beautiful voice, so keep singing!

Seat 7- C̶a̶i̶t̶l̶y̶n̶ ̶V̶a̶n̶b̶e̶c̶k̶ Rizzi Myers

• Thanks 1

Next performance for tonight is an underdog that is again in the original line-up for this series and was in the category of the girls. However, she was eliminated at the battles, and did not received any save from her mentor. She originally came from The Voice US and became easily one of the frontrunner because of her very memorable audition. She went in to the Grand Finale, and had the pimp shot that night, however it was not enough as she placed 4th in that season. Now, she is willing to give it her all to get one of the chairs.

12. Kennedy Holmes
       - Song: The Greatest Love Of All (Whitney Houston)

• Thanks 1

americanvoice: *standing ovation* *throws a shoe* WHAT. JUST. FREAKIN'. HAPPENED? Kennedy girl you betta sing!! How old are you again? 15? And you're singing like 30+ something! That's just what's special about you, that maturity in your voice, the way how you perform, you're a diva! That was undoubtedly your best performance so far in this show!

americanvoice: No buts, no what ifs, all of those 8 underdogs are talented, but darling, you've got something too! You're definitely having a chair!

The chair you're taking is... Seat 4! You'll be replacing Timyra. Timyra, I just think you're not ready yet for this, give more time to practice your voice, enhance it, hone your talent darling, because you definitely have a powerful voice, I just think Kennedy is more ready.

Seat 4- T̶i̶m̶y̶r̶a̶ ̶J̶o̶i̶ Kennedy Holmes

• Thanks 1

Next performance for tonight is an underdog who was also originally on the girls line-up this season but got eliminated also and did not receive any save from her mentor. She originally came from

The Four, and amazed us ever since day 1 with her very unique voice and really unique interpretations of the song. She was however defeated on the round one of the finale and went home. Now, she is really READY to EAT and prove that she's america's next star.

13. Zhavia
       - Song: Say Something (A Great Big World ft. Christina Aguilera)

• Thanks 1

americanvoice: *standing ovation* *tears up a little* Zhavia! The Comeback Queen! I just love how you are just being you in every performances, that you always makes the song your own. I am not tearing up because of sadness or anything, but that song is really sad though, but I'm tearing up because of how good it was, I've never heard that song sung like that before, and that is freakin' good, another one of the best performances tonight.

This is really hard, I have to make the a very hard decision.

americanvoice: I am so not letting you go after that performance. You're just so special, you can honestly go reaally far. But the question is, what seat are you taking? As much as I REALLY HATE to do this but

The chair you're taking is... Seat 5! You'll be replacing Donel. Ugh I really hate this one, Donel, you're already a star, even if you lose tonight, I know people will look up at you as their inspiration. I just have to pick you to be replaced by Zhavia because although you're both giving me the same energy and vibes, I think I can just connect more with Zhavia as an artist.

Seat 5- D̶o̶n̶e̶l̶ ̶M̶a̶n̶g̶e̶n̶a̶ Zhavia

• Sad 1

Closing out tonight's 8-Chair Challenge is an artist that again is originally from the line-up of the overs category, but got eliminated in the battles. He originally joined America's Got Talent, and mesmerized everyone with his soulful and big voice, but he fell short for the crown. He then joined The Voice Australia this year and immediately became a favorite as people recognized him, he turned 4 chairs and a block. He eventually lands on Team Guy. Now he wants more, and is ready to prove that in this round.

14. Johnny Manuel
       - Song: Earth Song (Michael Jackson)

• Thanks 1

americanvoice: *standing ovation* JOHNNY!! YOU BETTA SING BOY! I know that you just did Michael Jackson, wherever he is right now, proud with that rendition of the song. You just sang the hell out of that song. I will say this again, you're just like a male version of our Queen Whitney Houston. The way how you pour your heart and soul to every performance is just so amazing.

This is really HARD. I really can't think of someone to swap you with, I'm not liking this 😂. I really can't make a decision here.

americanvoice: I just can't swap you with anyone on the current holders of the 8 seats, all give their best. But you also gave your best and it is honestly one of the best tonight. I have to make a decision, and I have to make you sing another song. 

I will have to have a sing-off between you and... Seat 2, Avery Wilson. I just think you are way too similar and I only have one spot for the both of you.

• Thanks 1

Our very first 8-Chair Challenge sing-off in this series is happening between the two soulful male divas of The Underdogs.

After the performances, @americanvoice38 will have to decide on who to give his Seat 2 to.

Avery Wilson
- Song: Hello (Adele)

Johnny Manuel
- Song: Blind Faith (Johnny Manuel)

• Thanks 1

americanvoice: *standing ovation for both performances* You aren"t making this easy the both of you, aren't you? 😂. I really love the both of you, but I just wanted to go with someone that I think will excel in this competition, and I think is really ready to move to the next round.

americanvoice: The singer that will be getting Seat 2 is... Johnny Manuel! Avery, continue singing because you will have your time someday. 

Seat 2- A̶v̶e̶r̶y̶ ̶W̶i̶l̶s̶o̶n̶ Johnny Manuel

• Thanks 1

There you have it! The Final 8 of The Underdogs that survived this stressful round. After many swap outs, 8 artists have stood strong and became the ones that will be moving to the Judges House in this series.

Seat 1- The Koi Boys
Seat 2- Johnny Manuel
Seat 3- Evvie McKinney
Seat 4- Kennedy Holmes
Seat 5- Zhavia
Seat 6- Jamie Miller
Seat 7- Rizzi Myers
Seat 8- Jordy Marcs

4 categories are already finished, guess you know what that means? It is time for the very LAST 8-Chair Challenge, tune in tomorrow night at 8:30 PM EST as The Girls mentored by @QueenMae16 closes out this series' 8-Chair Challenge. Good night IDF! 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, anonymouskid_35 said:
americanvoice: *standing ovation* *tears up a little* Zhavia! The Comeback Queen! I just love how you are just being you in every performances, that you always makes the song your own. I am not tearing up because of sadness or anything, but that song is really sad though, but I'm tearing up because of how good it was, I've never heard that song sung like that before, and that is freakin' good, another one of the best performances tonight.

This is really hard, I have to make the a very hard decision.

Reveal hidden contents

americanvoice: I am so not letting you go after that performance. You're just so special, you can honestly go reaally far. But the question is, what seat are you taking? As much as I REALLY HATE to do this but

The chair you're taking is... Seat 5! You'll be replacing Donel. Ugh I really hate this one, Donel, you're already a star, even if you lose tonight, I know people will look up at you as their inspiration. I just have to pick you to be replaced by Zhavia because although you're both giving me the same energy and vibes, I think I can just connect more with Zhavia as an artist.

Seat 5- D̶o̶n̶e̶l̶ ̶M̶a̶n̶g̶e̶n̶a̶ Zhavia

This is honestly the hardest decision tonight, and also for Avery and Johnny. I super love Donel, but looking at his performances, there's a just a few performances of him posted on youtube and I really don't know what songs to give to him in the future.

I just picked the 8 that I think gave it their best last night and who I think I can do better things with, I don't wanna screw over the artists in the future by their song choices.

I'm sorry if I let your favorites go, but I will do my best to give my remaining artists the song choices that suits them in the future! 🤗

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1