176. Constantine Maroulis

Upcoming set:

• Fountain, gel, ballpoint, etc. - 
  • Considered to have done the best version of an overdone song
  • The OG disqualification replacement - 
  • Eliminated the week of what may be the most random theme in Idol history
  • larger.jpg&width=1200&quality=80  Dream On - Danny Gokey

Here's my 2 cents  ...

I would have placed all of them, a little higher, especially Tristan. She got a lot of hate, because people thought she was the chosen one (which she wasn't). She had one of the best auditions I've seen, and happy to see her still performing out there (she has a wonderful, strong voice) . She also has some performance dates set up later in the year, in NY

As far as the previous group, yeah  …  good placements 

Crisis, just a heads up - when you put the names in the code box for us to copy, it doesn't let us copy appropriately. It's easier to just put their names at the bottom for us to copy & paste. :haha:

185. Kevin Covais - Not a fan.

184. Lee Jean - Not a fan.

183. Andrew Garcia - I didn't really care for him in the early rounds, but wound up liking him more as the season progressed. His performances were pretty terrible, but I dug his studio recordings. :haha:

182. Dexter Roberts - Not a fan of him on Idol or The Virus.

181. Stefano Langone - Meh tbh.

180. Tim Urban - I liked him during S9, but his social media turned me off of him.

179. Tristan McIntosh - I wasn't a fan in S15 in the slightest and she shouldn't have outlasted Avalon or Sonika, but at least she was better than Lee & Gianna. She seems to be doing decently well for herself nowadays, at least.

178. Ace Young - Ugh.

177. Chris Richardson - One of my all time favourites. Sad he didn't do much musically post-show, but he seems happy with his domestic life nowadays.

176. Constantine Maroulis - Not a fan. Hated everything he did other than BoRhap.

7 hours ago, x3 because of u said:

OK this set killed me LOL.... Ace and Chris were like my top favorites in their seasons (plus Jordin on AI6). My email is even based off of Ace's name LMAO... Nah, but objectively speaking, I totally understand. I'm actually rewatching AI6 now and I know Chris was one of the weakest. Still, I wouldn't quite rank either of them so low but again, I was a fan, so maybe that's the reason. Also, Tristan: waaaay overrated. I hated how the judges acted like she was sooo amazing.

Upcoming set:

Sorry about some of your favorites being in this set. :( Hopefully the next one won't be as bad. As for Tristan, I do remember the judges being highly complimentary of her, but I don't think it was as bad as it was for other contestants.

Good guesses. We'll see...

4 hours ago, psterina said:

180. Tim Urban
179. Tristan McIntosh
178. Ace Young
177. Chris Richardson

Upcoming set:

• Fountain, gel, ballpoint, etc. - 
  • Considered to have done the best version of an overdone song
  • The OG disqualification replacement - 
  • Eliminated the week of what may be the most random theme in Idol history
  • larger.jpg&width=1200&quality=80  Dream On - Danny Gokey

Here's my 2 cents  ...

I would have placed all of them, a little higher, especially Tristan. She got a lot of hate, because people thought she was the chosen one (which she wasn't). She had one of the best auditions I've seen, and happy to see her still performing out there (she has a wonderful, strong voice) . She also has some performance dates set up later in the year, in NY

As far as the previous group, yeah  …  good placements 

Fair enough. It's good to see Tristan is still performing. It did seem like Borchetta took a liking to her on the show (boy, do I have some thoughts on him, but I'll wait till later), but I don't know; I never thought of her as the "chosen one".

:yes: at the last sentence.

4 hours ago, Elliott said:

Crisis, just a heads up - when you put the names in the code box for us to copy, it doesn't let us copy appropriately. It's easier to just put their names at the bottom for us to copy & paste. :haha:

185. Kevin Covais - Not a fan.

184. Lee Jean - Not a fan.

183. Andrew Garcia - I didn't really care for him in the early rounds, but wound up liking him more as the season progressed. His performances were pretty terrible, but I dug his studio recordings. :haha:

182. Dexter Roberts - Not a fan of him on Idol or The Virus.

181. Stefano Langone - Meh tbh.

OK I'll do that from now on. I remember the lists I used to read had the code boxes as well, so I thought that was the best way for others to access the contestants.

185 & 184. Agreed

183. Good to see you enjoyed his studio recordings. Maybe not having the pressure to live up to expectations helped him relax in the studio

182. :lmao:at The Virus. I can't get into the show no matter how many times I try. As for Dexter, agreed

181. Exactly

4 hours ago, Elliott said:

180. Tim Urban - I liked him during S9, but his social media turned me off of him.

179. Tristan McIntosh - I wasn't a fan in S15 in the slightest and she shouldn't have outlasted Avalon or Sonika, but at least she was better than Lee & Gianna. She seems to be doing decently well for herself nowadays, at least.

178. Ace Young - Ugh.

177. Chris Richardson - One of my all time favourites. Sad he didn't do much musically post-show, but he seems happy with his domestic life nowadays.

176. Constantine Maroulis - Not a fan. Hated everything he did other than BoRhap.

180. What's going on with his social media?

179. I thought Sonika outlasted Tristan (though with what happened to her (Sonika) the following week, it didn't matter much). Agreed about her being better than Lee & Gianna.

178. MTE

177. :( Too bad I didn't like him

176. I think there was another performance I liked other than BoRhap; otherwise, I agree 

22 minutes ago, Crisis said:

180. What's going on with his social media?

179. I thought Sonika outlasted Tristan (though with what happened to her (Sonika) the following week, it didn't matter much). Agreed about her being better than Lee & Gianna.

180. A lot of anti-abortion stuff, so I just unfollowed him and stopped caring.

179. Oh, right. :dead: I’ve forgotten a lot of things about that season, clearly.

14 hours ago, Elliott said:

180. A lot of anti-abortion stuff, so I just unfollowed him and stopped caring.

I see. That's too bad. I'm trying not to let politics influence my rankings unless it's something completely egregious. With that said, I am definitely pro-choice.

10 hours ago, CarmenSandiego said:

I forgot about Tristan crying in Hollywood.

Anyway, I might have placed Tristan a little bit higher, but she suffered because Scott Borchetta really favored her and may have tried to sabotage Sonika.

You may have a point about Borchetta. As mentioned earlier, I'll wait until I get to certain contestants before I say anything more about him. I can see how someone could think about what went on behind the scenes regarding Tristan and Sonika.

54 minutes ago, Crisis said:

I see. That's too bad. I'm trying not to let politics influence my rankings unless it's something completely egregious. With that said, I am definitely pro-choice.

You may have a point about Borchetta. As mentioned earlier, I'll wait until I get to certain contestants before I say anything more about him. I can see how someone could think about what went on behind the scenes regarding Tristan and Sonika.

I’m more pro-life than pro-choice, partly because of my religious beliefs, partly because I’m adopted and I could have been aborted had I not been put up for adoption right after birth.  But I’m willing to look at the pro-choice side.

As for Borchetta, after Sonika sang “Bring Me To Life” and I switched from voting for Tristan to voting for her, that’s when she began singing songs that I think were all wrong for her and there was a lot of speculation that once Borchetta saw that Sonika was a threat to Tristan and possibly others, he did his best to sabotage her by having Sonika pick bad songs.  I think that I began to suspect the same thing.

3 hours ago, Crisis said:

What about those contestants who have made statements or shown by their actions - that are homophobic.   These are people who finished high in the competition.

4 hours ago, CarmenSandiego said:

I’m more pro-life than pro-choice, partly because of my religious beliefs, partly because I’m adopted and I could have been aborted had I not been put up for adoption right after birth.  But I’m willing to look at the pro-choice side.

This is understandable. Based on someone's circumstances, such as yours for example, I can see how someone can be pro-life. I try to look at everything from as many angles as possible regarding topics such as this one despite where I stand on them.

2 hours ago, mytake1 said:

What about those contestants who have made statements or shown by their actions - that are homophobic.   These are people who finished high in the competition.

The easy thing to do would be to completely no longer support such contestants. However, as mentioned earlier I try to be open-minded and look at every possible angle before making a decision. It all depends on where the contestant is coming from. If such contestants have such beliefs and truly believe in them, then yes I would have a difficult time liking them. On the other hand, it could be possible their homophobia could come from a place of ignorance, and they could be willing to change their stances after being educated on it. I don't think it's as black and white as it appears to be.

Back on topic, the next set should be posted either some time tonight or tomorrow.

1 hour ago, Crisis said:

The easy thing to do would be to completely no longer support such contestants. However, as mentioned earlier I try to be open-minded and look at every possible angle before making a decision. It all depends on where the contestant is coming from. If such contestants have such beliefs and truly believe in them, then yes I would have a difficult time liking them. On the other hand, it could be possible their homophobia could come from a place of ignorance, and they could be willing to change their stances after being educated on it. I don't think it's as black and white as it appears to be.

Actually, the easy thing to do would be to look the other way - instead of calling them out.  Bigotry is bigotry.  No room for excuses.  Action over fake apologies.

I'm going to go ahead and post the next set now.

175. Scott Savol: Season 4 (5th Place)

scott-savol.jpg

While deciding between my two least favorite Season 4 finalists, I wavered back and forth not really knowing who out of Constantine or Scott would be last. In the end, I realized I liked Scott’s voice a little more than Constantine’s and thus, I placed him one spot higher. Having said that, I still didn’t like Scott very much. He didn’t really have a bad voice; however, he was really arrogant and would look offended whenever the judges criticized him. He wasn’t above arguing with them either, as he’s done so a couple of times. On top of this, he definitely had a fair share of bad performances which included One Last Cry, The Impossible Dream, and especially Dance With My Father; the last one had Simon telling him to pack his bags. Not only was Scott not eliminated the following night, he was among the Top 3 vote getters. Having said that, he was in the Bottom 3 a few times but managed to squeak by. I'll say something positive about Scott: I thought he gave the best performance of Against All Odds on the show. In addition, his last week on the show was one of his best weeks with On Broadway and Everytime You Go Away. The best part of results night was when Ryan sent him back to the couch and he started celebrating, and Anthony looked at him crazy because he knew he and Scott were the bottom group. Scott was an OK singer with a bad attitude and therefore, I have no qualms ranking him this low.

Clue: Considered to have done the best version of an overdone song (referencing his performance of Against All Odds)

174. Jon Peter Lewis: Season 3 (8th Place)

tumblr_inline_o4gg8paN7J1taohg6_1280.jpg

Jon Peter Lewis, JPL for short, is the first Season 3 finalist to show up in this list. Some of the nicknames I heard included Just Plain Lousy and Just Please Leave. One name I used was Jumpy Pesky Louse because he was known for his spastic dancing during his performances. As for his run, I wasn’t impressed with his Tiny Dancer. The judges, however, were impressed enough that he got to perform in the Wildcard Round. There he gave what is probably his most well-known performance with A Little Less Conversation where he was running all over the stage. The voters liked it enough to where he won their wildcard spot and got to go to the finals. I don’t think there was anything he did in the finals that was very good. My least favorite performance would probably be Rocket Man during Elton John week. Fortunately for him, that wasn’t anywhere close to being the worst performance of the evening. His luck eventually wore out the following week when he was eliminated on what I considered to be his best performance in the finals with Jailhouse Rock. From what I understand, he released a couple of albums post-Idol, plus he went on The Voice as one half of a duo called Midas Whale. They were eventually eliminated during the Knockout Round. With that, JPL has Just Plain Left this ranking.

Clue: Fountain, gel, ballpoint, etc. (these are types of pens, a reference to when Simon told him he looked like a pens salesman at his audition)

173. Chris Sligh: Season 6 (10th Place)

Chris-Sligh-Promo.jpg

With one Season 6 Chris eliminated, I might as well get rid of the other one now. Chris Sligh was one of the most disappointing contestants on Idol. He wasn’t a bad singer by any means; his main shortcomings had to do with his personality. He tried to come off as this too-cool-for-school hipster who acted like he wanted to troll Idol. Unfortunately for him, Sanjaya completely outdid him in that department. :haha: He shot his wad way too early during the first round of the semis after Simon slightly criticized his performance of Typical by saying (I’m going off of memory here) “just because I don’t sing Il Divo or Teletubbies doesn’t mean I’m not a good singer”. He wound up apologizing for it during Results Night and pretty much neutered himself for the rest of his run. As far as his singing went, he had a couple of performances I liked with Trouble and She’s Not There. His biggest flaw, however, was his inability to stay on tempo. He would always be ahead of the beat, which is something Paula would mention to him multiple times. The most flagrant example was his last performance of Every Little Thing She Does Is Magic. The timing of that song is tricky enough; combine that with someone who struggled to stay on tempo and a recipe for disaster was created. To me, it looked like he practically gave up during the performance. Unsurprisingly, he was eliminated the following night. One thing that rubbed me the wrong way was him saying he wanted to quit the show after his arrangement of Endless Clocks Love was criticized, but he wanted to stay long enough in order to make the tour. In addition, after his elimination, he had this blog where he had some controversial takes which he would be called out for, resulting in him backtracking his statements. It eventually got to the point where he had to shut down his blog. His biggest achievement outside of Idol was co-writing the Rascal Flatts hit Here Comes Goodbye, so good for him on that front.

Clue: Eliminated the week of what may be the most random theme in Idol history (Artists Who Inspired Gwen Stefani? What kind of theme was that?)

172. EJay Day: Season 1 (10th Place)

EJay_Day_on_MS_Veendam_(Close-Up).jpg

It’s been a while since I’ve eliminated a Season 1 male, so I’m going to go ahead and get rid of another one now. EJay had the strongest voice of the Season 1 males. His problem wasn’t a lack of vocal prowess; rather, it was a lack of control. Whenever he would belt, he would get really screechy and the notes were all over the place. In a way, he was a prototypical Jacob Lusk. Initially, EJay wasn’t in the Top 30. He was invited back because Delano Cagnolatti was disqualified when producers learned he lied about his age. During the first three seasons of Idol, the age range was 16-24. Delano claimed he was 23 when in reality, he was actually 29. EJay took advantage of this opportunity and gave a passable, if not slightly screechy performance of I’ll Be. It was good enough to get him into the finals. However, his stay was short lived as he gave a really screechy performance of My Girl during the first week. It was bad enough that he was the lowest vote getter that week; this is with A.J. and Jim still hanging around. Probably my favorite thing about EJay was how he got into the performances during the Finale. You can really see him giving it his all. I think EJay could’ve benefited from working with a vocal coach to learn how to control his voice better and auditioned in a later season, but it is what it is.

Clue: The OG disqualification replacement

171. Danny Gokey: Season 8 (3rd Place)

Danny%2520Gokey_16_9_1584457069.jpg?itok=diEBMlK_

The first Season 8 finalist to show up is the very polarizing Danny Gokey. At the beginning, the main thing about Danny was that he was a young widower. A lot of his pre-competition packages focused on his dead wife. With that said, Danny wasn’t a bad singer, though not anywhere near as great as the judges made him out to be. The issues with Danny appeared to be the thought he was exploiting his dead wife for sympathy votes and he came across as, quite frankly, a tool. I don’t know if he meant to come across that way, but it was as if there were droplets of smugness dripping from him. Performance wise, he gave a couple of performances I enjoyed such as P.Y.T. (Pretty Young Thing) and Come Rain or Come Shine. However, the performance he is infamous for is the trainwreck Dream On, which is also known as Scream On because of his botched attempt at the legendary scream. That scream used to give me nightmares; now it just cracks me up. What was the most maddening, however, was the judges trying to make excuses for him; only Simon called it out for what it was. In spite of this, he managed to make it to the Top 3, and I remember there was some serious outrage over it because it was thought that Allison should’ve made it instead of him. Also, it didn’t help that he had what appeared to be this smug look on his face during Allison’s sing out. Danny was eventually eliminated in the Top 3 after there was thought he was going to be in the Finale. I know he tried to go country post-Idol which I thought was strange because he showed no inclinations of wanting to be a country singer during his time on Idol. He eventually went the Contemporary Christian route, which suits him better and appears to have a solid career in that industry. I also know he remarried, so good for him.

Cluelarger.jpg&width=1200&quality=80 (Edvard Munch's The Scream, which of course is a reference to Scream On)

175. Scott Savol

174. Jon Peter Lewis

173. Chris Sligh

172. EJay Day

171. Danny Gokey

With this set posted, Season 7 is the only set to not have a finalist posted yet. When will the first one appear? Who will be the first finalist from this season to show up? We'll have to wait and see...

Hints for the upcoming set:

• Was involved in a scuffle during Hollywood
  • The contestant's final performance was pretty much the exact opposite of the song title
  • Managed to have a career post-Idol, even if it didn't have much to do with singing
  • Would've been better off being a contemporary R&B artist
  • What was the point?

14 hours ago, CarmenSandiego said:

I hope that Sanjaya shows up soon.  He really wore out his welcome with me.

Anyway, no problem with your rankings.

I'm trying to go through this list without giving too many spoilers, but I'll go ahead and reveal one know. Regarding Sanjaya, at the very least one more Season 6 finalist will show up before he does; of course, I'm not going to say who or when. 😉

Good to see no problems with the rankings.

Edited by Crisis

175. Scott Savol - Trash.

174. Jon Peter Lewis - One of my favourites from S3 and I considered him my S3 favourite for a while with his post-show music.

173. Chris Sligh - My least favourite from S6. 🤮

172. EJay Day - Meh.

171. Danny Gokey - He was my least favourite contestant overall for a while. He's just whatever to me nowadays.

3 hours ago, Elliott said:

175. Scott Savol - Trash.

174. Jon Peter Lewis - One of my favourites from S3 and I considered him my S3 favourite for a while with his post-show music.

173. Chris Sligh - My least favourite from S6. 🤮

172. EJay Day - Meh.

171. Danny Gokey - He was my least favourite contestant overall for a while. He's just whatever to me nowadays.

175. Yeah, pretty much :haha:

174. I guess you were right when you said we may not agree on certain contestants. :haha: Good to see you're a fan of his

173. With his performances and personality, it's easy to see how he could be someone's least favorite. If not for the other Chris, he would've been mine as well

172. Yeah, pretty much

171. Yeah, Danny was near the bottom of my rankings a few years back. I think he was in my bottom three at one point. Still not much of a fan obviously

Since I was bored and had time to kill, I went ahead and typed my write-ups for the next set. I'll post it some time tonight.

As promised, here is the next set. I'm pretty much listed the contestants I dislike and am now posting contestants I somewhat dislike/feel meh about.

170. Matthew Rogers: Season 3 (11th Place)

f5fd2345445e593eb3fbfd225a5d39fd.jpg

Leading off this set is Matthew (Matt) Rogers. Matt was this big, outgoing guy who was an OK if not spectacular singer. Prior to Idol, his biggest claim to fame was that he played in the Rose Bowl while in college. He appeared on what may be considered to be the worst night of performances in AI history: the infamous Group 2 of Season 3. He was one of three performers to give a performance that was at least average with What You Won’t Do For Love. He was one of the Top 2 vote getters from that group and thus was able to advance to the finals. There was a little controversy over this, but that’s the way the cookie crumbles. He lasted two weeks into the finals before he was eliminated in 11th place after an underwhelming performance of Amazed. I remember him serenading Simon with the song during his sing out. After Idol, Matt went on to become a TV host for a variety of programs including American Idol Extra, There Goes the Neighborhood, and Coming Home, just to name a few. I don’t know if he’s still singing, but good for him for carving a nice career for himself.

Clue: Managed to have a career post-Idol, even if it didn't have much to do with singing

169. Ashthon Jones: Season 10 (13th Place)

kontrol2-123.jpg

Next up is Ashthon Jones. Ashthon was someone who looked as if she was going to present herself as a contemporary R&B singer on Idol. However, due to some dumb advice from Randy, she tried to be this powerhouse diva which she didn’t have the voice for. Her semifinals performance of Love All Over Me was fine, but it wasn’t enough to make it into the finals. All was not lost for Ashthon as she was invited back to sing in the Wildcard Round, where she gave a valiant yet underwhelming version of And I Am Telling You I’m Not Going (from this point on I’m calling it AIATYING). I didn’t think she had the voice to do the song justice. It was good enough for the judges because she was one of the wildcard picks to advance to the finals. Her stay in the finals was short lived as she was eliminated the first week after her performance of When You Tell Me That You Love Me. Outside of Idol, I know she sang the hook on Christian rapper Lecrae’s song Mayday. Other than that, I don’t know if she’s done anything else as far as music is concerned.

Clue: Would've been better off being a contemporary R&B artist

168. Jermaine Jones: Season 11 (12th Place, Disqualified)

jermaine-jones-american-idoljpg-403e951ae296f04d.jpg

Showing up next is Jermaine Jones aka the "Gentle Giant". Jermaine was not originally in the Top 24; however, there was a twist in which Idol decided to bring back a male contestant to make the Top 24 a Top 25. Jermaine was that pick, which unfortunately turned out to be worthless because he ended up being disqualified a couple of weeks later due to him having some outstanding warrants or something like that. Singing wise, Jermaine had this deep, bass voice which lent itself to doing well on ballads. His performance of Dance With My Father was decent enough for him to make it to the finals via the votes. While there he performed Knocks Me On My Feet which while I love the song, it comes of as boring without making any drastic changes to it. Jermaine’s was no different. The following week aired Nigel and Simon Fuller informing him of his disqualification, which I thought to be completely tacky and unnecessary. For starters, they had to have known about this; Jermaine himself stated he told the producers about his situation and was told he could still compete. Moreover, there was no need to air the conversation. They could’ve just had Ryan make the announcement and leave it at that. Even without the DQ, I don’t Jermaine would’ve lasted long in the competition. His voice didn’t appear to have much versatility, and I think he would’ve struggled with the different themes. Regardless, it was a bad look all the way around.

Clue: What was the point? (referring to him being brought back only to be disqualified later)

167. MK Nobilette: Season 13 (10th Place)

PgWbR6E6.jpeg

Time for another Season 13 finalist to arrive. MK was the first openly gay contestant to compete on Idol (I know there’s been others prior to her, but I don’t think any of them were open about it during their time on the show, though there were some that were obvious. Feel free to correct me if I’m wrong). Unfortunately, she was not that strong of a contestant. She didn’t have the strongest voice (which isn’t necessarily a bad thing BTW), plus she lacked any sort of stage presence. She always looked nervous and unsure of herself when she performed. It was thought she gave off a vibe she didn’t care if she was in the competition or not; even Harry mentioned it himself. With that said, she had two good performances with All Of Me and To Make You Feel My Love. Everything else wasn’t much to write home about with the exception of her final performance Perfect, which unfortunately was for all the wrong reasons. Anything that could’ve gone wrong in that performance pretty much did; it was sad to see it fall apart the way it did. Unsurprisingly, she was eliminated the following night. She was someone who could’ve been better if she had more confidence in herself, but that’s just my armchair opinion.

Clue: The contestant's final performance was pretty much the exact opposite of the song title (referring to her performance of Perfect)

166. Julia DeMato: Season 2 (10th Place)

1e0a5040f6825d7f8c0859b1ee742c6b_xl.jpg

Speaking of lack of stage presence, it’s time for Julia DeMato to enter the spotlight (coincidentally, both she and MK finished in 10th place). The main thing I think most people remember about Julia was the feud she had with Kimberly Caldwell during Hollywood. I remember Frenchie stepping in trying to get things under control; I can’t remember if she was successful or not. It was fitting how both Julia and Kimberly were in the same group during the semis. While there, Julia gave a really solid performance of Son Of A Preacher Man, enough to the point where she was one of the Top 2 vote getters in her group and therefore, was able to make it to the finals. Unfortunately, that was Julia’s peak because to say her performances in the finals were rough would be a great understatement. It was obvious she didn’t have much performing experience because she always looked like a deer in headlights on stage. The most glaring example was Flashdance…What A Feeling. The slow part wasn’t bad; the performance became a hot mess once the up-tempo part kicked in. She ended up leaving the subsequent week after a lukewarm performance of Breathe. Overall, Julia is someone who appeared to be a true amateur during her time on Idol.

Clue: Was involved in a scuffle during Hollywood (referencing the feud between her and Kim C)

170. Matthew Rogers

169. Ashthon Jones

168. Jermaine Jones

167. MK Nobilette

166. Julia DeMato

For the upcoming set:

• A finalist who shares the same first name and home state of a winner
  • Possibly Ryan's biggest fail as AI host
  • The original 13th place finalist
  • A bilingual Idol finalist
  • Someone who is sadly no longer with us

10 hours ago, Crisis said:

170. Matthew Rogers - no complaints here

169. Ashthon Jones - same as above, I don't have much of an opinion on her.

168. Jermaine Jones - same, LOL

167. MK Nobilette - I think I liked her somewhat but again, not too surprised here.

166. Julia DeMato - My original fave! (I didn't start watching Idol until Season 2). But yeah, watching her back she wasn't that good.

For the upcoming set:

• Possibly Ryan's biggest fail as AI host - He never pulled a Steve Harvey, did he? I'm curious about this one...
  • A bilingual Idol finalist - Karen Rodriguez
  • Someone who is sadly no longer with us - Michael Johns 😭

170. Matthew Rogers - He's higher on my rankings, mostly just because I'm indifferent on him compared to the Idols I dislike.

169. Ashthon Jones - She was an early favourite of mine in S10. I liked her Hollywood week stuff and her studio version of WYTMLYM was pretty nice. But then I found out she was homophobic so I instantly dropped her.

168. Jermaine Jones - I don't doubt for a second the show brought him on knowing they were going to disqualify him (those warrants didn't just magically appear out of thin air) and did it for media buzz or whatever. It was gross. I liked the tone of his voice, but I don't think he would've gone much further tbh.

167. MK Nobilette - She had a couple of performances I liked, but she was off more than she was on, so-to-speak. I would've preferred Emily staying over her.

166. Julia DeMato - I've had an irrational dislike of her for years and it's probably from her Hollywood drama with Kim Caldwell because Kim Caldwell is one of my all-time favourites. :haha:

• Possibly Ryan's biggest fail as AI host - Scott MacIntyre
  • The original 13th place finalist - I feel like this is a reference to S4, but I don't think Mario is included in this. Nikko Smith, perhaps?
  • Someone who is sadly no longer with us - Leah LaBelle

1 hour ago, Elliott said:
  • The original 13th place finalist - I feel like this is a reference to S4, but I don't think Mario is included in this. Nikko Smith, perhaps?

Oh yeah, Leah makes sense for that last clue. One of my faves that season too. 😔

5 hours ago, CarmenSandiego said:

I should note that Matt got into an argument with Simon Cowell.  Bad move, as you should never argue with the judges.  Quentin Alexander found that out the hard way when he argued with Harry in Season 14.

That's right, Matt did argue with Simon. :haha: As for Quentin, I'll wait until I get to his write-up (*spoiler alert* which won't be happening any time soon) for my thoughts on that, but for now I'll say I put that more on Harry.

5 hours ago, x3 because of u said:

170. Matthew Rogers - no complaints here

169. Ashthon Jones - same as above, I don't have much of an opinion on her.

168. Jermaine Jones - same, LOL

167. MK Nobilette - I think I liked her somewhat but again, not too surprised here.

166. Julia DeMato - My original fave! (I didn't start watching Idol until Season 2). But yeah, watching her back she wasn't that good.

For the upcoming set:

• Possibly Ryan's biggest fail as AI host - He never pulled a Steve Harvey, did he? I'm curious about this one...
  • Someone who is sadly no longer with us - Michael Johns 😭

170-168. Fair enough

167. I wanted her to do well, but it wasn't meant to be

166. Interesting to see she was your initial favorite. Yeah, she wasn't that good.

As for the guesses, we'll see...

170. Matthew Rogers - He's higher on my rankings, mostly just because I'm indifferent on him compared to the Idols I dislike.

169. Ashthon Jones - She was an early favourite of mine in S10. I liked her Hollywood week stuff and her studio version of WYTMLYM was pretty nice. But then I found out she was homophobic so I instantly dropped her.

168. Jermaine Jones - I don't doubt for a second the show brought him on knowing they were going to disqualify him (those warrants didn't just magically appear out of thin air) and did it for media buzz or whatever. It was gross. I liked the tone of his voice, but I don't think he would've gone much further tbh.

167. MK Nobilette - She had a couple of performances I liked, but she was off more than she was on, so-to-speak. I would've preferred Emily staying over her.

166. Julia DeMato - I've had an irrational dislike of her for years and it's probably from her Hollywood drama with Kim Caldwell because Kim Caldwell is one of my all-time favourites. :haha:

170. Fair enough

169. Wow at the homophobia. 😲 Yeah, that's a good reason to drop someone.

168. Absolutely. I wasn't a fan of the twist to begin with. With that said, the worst part is the spot could've gone to someone else.

167. Yeah, she was definitely more off than on.

166. Put that way, it's easy too see how someone can irrationally dislike a contestant :haha:

I didn't even consider the Nikko Smith-Mario Vazquez scenario, so it's safe to say it's not that (I pretty much gave this one away). We'll see about the other guesses.

2 hours ago, x3 because of u said:

Oh yeah, Leah makes sense for that last clue. One of my faves that season too. 😔

Well, if I'm not mistaken, there are three finalists who fit this clue, so there's a 1/3 chance of getting it right.

180. Tim Urban
179. Tristan McIntosh
178. Ace Young
177. Chris Richardson

Aw, Ace and Chris were major favorites of mine from their seasons. :( Sad to see them so low. The other three were okay for me. I didn't care much for Tim or Tristan (I think I liked Tristan more in the earlier rounds though). "Tim made his semifinal debut with Apologize, and well, he needed to apologize to everyone after that performance" :lmao: Yikes. And I was never a huge Constantine fan, but I did enjoy some of his performances. "Constantine was someone who tried to come off as a rocker when in reality he was a theater geek posing as one." :haha:  His more theatrical ones were my favorites from him too. 

175. Scott Savol

174. Jon Peter Lewis

173. Chris Sligh

172. EJay Day

171. Danny Gokey

Danny is another one I'm disappointed more people on IDF don't care for. I always loved his voice and he's among my secondary favorites from S8. He's doing really well for himself with his career and I love a lot of the songs I've heard from him. :yes: I really liked JPL on his season.... and liked EJay well enough too. Not huge on Scott or Chris, but they are other ones that I liked more in the earlier audition stages and less as time went on (especially with Scott). 

"Clue: Eliminated the week of what may be the most random theme in Idol history (Artists Who Inspired Gwen Stefani? What kind of theme was that?)" :dead: I forgot this ever happened. Seriously, what the heck?

170. Matthew Rogers

169. Ashthon Jones

168. Jermaine Jones

167. MK Nobilette

166. Julia DeMato

I don't care for most of them, but I did like Matt. I enjoyed his personality on the Idol shows he hosted later on and thought he was a great fit. :yes: He has a nice voice though. I don't have anything to say about the other four. :haha:  

17 hours ago, miss denise said:

Aw, Ace and Chris were major favorites of mine from their seasons. :( Sad to see them so low. The other three were okay for me. I didn't care much for Tim or Tristan (I think I liked Tristan more in the earlier rounds though). "Tim made his semifinal debut with Apologize, and well, he needed to apologize to everyone after that performance" :lmao: Yikes. And I was never a huge Constantine fan, but I did enjoy some of his performances. "Constantine was someone who tried to come off as a rocker when in reality he was a theater geek posing as one." :haha:  His more theatrical ones were my favorites from him too. 

Sorry to have Ace and Chris so low (it has not been good for some of your favorites thus far. Hopefully that will change though I can't make any promises). :( Happy to see someone appreciate my attempt at humorous takes. I was really proud of the Tim one. :haha:

Danny is another one I'm disappointed more people on IDF don't care for. I always loved his voice and he's among my secondary favorites from S8. He's doing really well for himself with his career and I love a lot of the songs I've heard from him. :yes:

As I said before, Danny wasn't a bad singer. Unfortunately, he didn't come off in the best light personality wise, which can be a hindrance no matter how well a contestant sings. Good to see he's doing really well for himself.

"Clue: Eliminated the week of what may be the most random theme in Idol history (Artists Who Inspired Gwen Stefani? What kind of theme was that?)" :dead: I forgot this ever happened. Seriously, what the heck?

Exactly. :dead: I might be wrong, but I thought the original theme was supposed to be Pop. What made them change from that to this, who knows. Maybe that was the only way they could have Gwen Stefani agree to mentor the contestants. :haha:

I don't care for most of them, but I did like Matt. I enjoyed his personality on the Idol shows he hosted later on and thought he was a great fit. :yes:

I don't believe I've watched anything Matt hosted. It's nice to see he's done well.

I should have the next set up some time tonight.