idolforums.com
Sign in to follow this  
Crisis

Crisis On Hand: An American Idol Finalists Ranking List

It's time to reveal #7. Here are the guesses, though from this point forward as mentioned I would like for anyone to tag me when making their official guesses so I can see who's playing and which post to reward:

@Bk1234: Crystal Bowersox

@blackfield: Crystal Bowersox

@miss denise: Crystal Bowersox

Thought to have been best of season
Yet fell short for some reason

7. Crystal Bowersox: Season 9 (2nd Place)

choice_concert7-1.jpg

It’s time for Mama Sox to nurture everyone with her presence in this ranking! With her entry, S9 is in the books. Crystal is considered to be one of the most consistently great contestants in Idol history, and I have to say I find it hard to disagree with this statement. In what I feel is one of the weakest seasons in AI history, Crystal was someone I looked forward to on a weekly basis because though she had some nights that were better than others, there was no doubt she would deliver a quality performance; it was as if I was watching a concert of hers every time. Another thing I liked about her was that no matter what the theme was, she always stayed true to herself and made few, if any, compromises. I thought she was head and shoulders above everyone that season, yet she finished second. I think a major reason she didn’t win had to do with her perceived personality. There were times where she may have come off as standoffish and therefore, the audience couldn’t really embrace her. Also, I’d like to think some of her banter with the judges may have turned off some potential voters. Regardless, based on her run, she would’ve made a very worthy winner. Speaking of which, she started off with a solid performance of Hand In My Pocket, which included a harmonica solo. I disagreed with Simon when he said it was something he could’ve seen in any coffee bar; if that was the case, it was more of an indictment on the rest of the girls because I thought it was better than everyone that night with the exception of maybe Siobhan. She would follow that with a gospel-inspired version of Long As I Can See The Light, which was a significant performance because she was in the hospital prior to it due to complications from her diabetes; it was nice to see her in better health though it appeared she was still not feeling well. The following week she did Give Me One Reason, which started off nicely with just the acoustic guitar, then the rest of the band kicked in with kind of a funk/soul arrangement which I completely dug. I thought here Crystal established herself as the one to beat that season. She started her run in the finals with You Can’t Always Get What You Want, which I thought was another solid performance though the judges didn’t appear to be too enamored with it. She would follow that with a strong performance of Me And Bobby McGee; I especially loved the build-up the performance had, plus it looked as if Crystal was loosening up some. It was after this performance where Kara suggested she should try performing without her guitar, to which Crystal replied she had big plans for the following week, which may have come off as arrogant because there was no guarantee she would be there. That wouldn’t be the case because she made it to the following week indeed where she sang Midnight Train To Georgia. She did put the guitar away and tried her hand at the piano (which BTW, LOL at Usher blowing her surprise). It was another great vocal from her and managed to show a nice head voice during it. I also enjoyed Come Together the following week, though it took me some time to get used to the didgeridoo (which when I finally did, thought it was all sorts of awesome) and felt that she shouted a bit at the end of the performance. This would be followed by Saved, which some thought was better than the original, and I’m pretty much in agreement with those thoughts. It would be the following week, which happened to be Idol Gives Back, is where she would give my personal favorite of hers with People Get Ready. I thought the a cappella intro was absolutely lovely, and I also loved it when the band kicked in. She did get emotional at the end, which mainly had to do with seeing her father in the audience for the first time during the season, but it was still good to see her be vulnerable once in a while. Unfortunately, I can’t say I cared too much for No One Needs To Know; it was certainly one of her weaker performances. The following week, however, she gave what I thought was her most underrated performance with Summer Wind; at least I thought it was better than judges gave it credit for. I’m Alright was a solid performance, though I thought she shouted at the end a bit. The following week, she sadly gave what I thought was her weakest performance of the season with Come To My Window. It sounded as if the arrangement started too low for her because she was barely audible at the beginning, then I felt she tried to overcompensate by shouting some of the parts. Furthermore, there wasn’t much singing or melody in the performance. It’s unfortunate because I thought that was a song Crystal could’ve done really well on. 🙁 Fortunately, she would follow that with a great performance of Maybe I’m Amazed. I liked how passionate she sounded throughout the song, plus she didn’t change any of the pronouns (seeing that she has since come out as bisexual, it makes sense for her not to 😆). Finally, I liked how softly she ended it after all of the passionate singing. She would then go on to give three solid performances in the finals. The first, the reprise of Me And Bobby McGee, while not as strong as the first time she did it, was still solid. Black Velvet was the weakest of the night, but it was still a strong vocal. She certainly saved the best for last with Up To The Mountain, which I felt was easily the best performance of the night, though as an aside, I thought it was weak to give Lee and Crystal other’s people songs instead of coronation tunes; at least they should’ve let the two write their own coronation songs since both appeared to be competent songwriters. Also, it was great that UTTM would be the last Idol performance Simon would comment on rather than Lee’s Beautiful Day😅 Speaking of which, despite what I thought had the best run of the season let alone the best night, as mentioned earlier Crystal would become the runner-up to Lee, which I wasn’t too happy about at the time to say the least. Regardless, Crystal seems to be doing well for herself post-Idol as a working musician, which seems to be what she wanted because I got the feeling she just wanted to make a living making music rather than being a star. I listened to and enjoyed her albums and am waiting for the new one to come out, whenever that happens. Overall, I really enjoyed Crystal and to me she was the brightest light of S9. Also, I managed to bang out this write-up on her birthday, as @Bk1234 mentioned earlier! 😁

007. Crystal Bowersox

Updated season favorites list:

S01:

S02: Kimberley Locke

S03: LaToya London

S04: Bo Bice

S05:

S06: Haley Scarnato

S07: David Cook

S08: Allison Iraheta

S09: Crystal Bowersox

S10: Pia Toscano

S11: Elise Testone

S12: Candice Glover

S13: Jessica Meuse

S14: Quentin Alexander

S15: La'Porsha Renae

S16: Jurnee

S17: Laci Kaye Booth

S18: Jovin Webb

The remaining six:

Kelly Clarkson

Tamyra Gray

LaToya London

Katharine McPhee

Elliott Yamin

David Cook

It looks like this one wasn't too difficult after all. :haha: Here's the clue to #6:

From not planning on being a part
To displaying a creative art

I won't post the next one until Thursday evening at the earliest, so there'll be some time for others to catch up or try their hands at guessing who'll appear next.

I'm already going to make my guess as David Cook again because I know he didn't originally plan to audition for Idol and was there to support his brother. And then, he definitely showcased his creativity in song arrangements throughout the season.  @Crisis

Will comment and catch up tomorrow. ❤️ 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Crisis said:

007. Crystal Bowersox

Definitely the most consistent contestant during Season 9. I really enjoyed her performance of People Get Ready because it gave us some much needed vulnerability from her. In terms of losing to Lee, I can see why it happened. Lee was more likable, plus he had Kristy predicting his win, so it was bound to happen! 😂 I actually think Crystal is probably the most happy just being a regular musician. It never really seemed like fame was her goal anyway... 😅

5 hours ago, Crisis said:

@Crisis Definitely, David Cook. 

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
18 hours ago, Crisis said:

This is the first time that I'll be commenting bc this is the one I'm really sure about, it is none other than David Cook. @Crisis yeah here it is my guess is David Cook

He originally planned to support his younger brother (Andrew) on Nebraska auditions, but he fortunately tried it out and made an art out of his performances 😍, sadly his brother did not made it to the Hollywood.

I became a fan of David when I heard his version of Always Be My Baby, man that was my jam up until now 😂

Edited by anonymouskid_35
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, miss denise said:

I'm already going to make my guess as David Cook again because I know he didn't originally plan to audition for Idol and was there to support his brother. And then, he definitely showcased his creativity in song arrangements throughout the season.  @Crisis

Will comment and catch up tomorrow. ❤️ 

😂 at again! He may very well show up this time around!

I look forward to your comments. 👍

3 hours ago, Bk1234 said:

Definitely the most consistent contestant during Season 9. I really enjoyed her performance of People Get Ready because it gave us some much needed vulnerability from her. In terms of losing to Lee, I can see why it happened. Lee was more likable, plus he had Kristy predicting his win, so it was bound to happen! 😂 I actually think Crystal is probably the most happy just being a regular musician. It never really seemed like fame was her goal anyway... 😅

@Crisis Definitely, David Cook. 

Not much to say but pretty much agree with everything here. Yes, the prophet would not be denied in predicting the winners! 😂

2 hours ago, anonymouskid_35 said:

This is the first time that I'll be commenting bc this is the one I'm really sure about, it is none other than David Cook.

He originally planned to support his younger brother (Andrew) on Nebraska auditions, but he fortunately tried it out and made an art out of his performances 😍, sadly his brother did not made it to the Hollywood.

I became a fan of David when I heard his version of Always Be My Baby, man that was my jam up until now 😂

Nice guess; however, in order to officially be a part of this, I have to be tagged in the post, or it won't officially count. 🙁

39 minutes ago, Crisis said:

Not much to say but pretty much agree with everything here. Yes, the prophet would not be denied in predicting the winners! 😂

Nice guess; however, in order to officially be a part of this, I have to be tagged in the post, or it won't officially count. 🙁

It was my first time to guess but my prediction was not counted :(

For the next one, I'm pretty sure that it would be David Cook. @Crisis Please count my guess this time!!! 😠😠😠 🥺🥺🥺😁😁😁

• Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, Crisis said:

I kept on shaming myself on this topic lmao. I'm sorry! I did not read the part where you said that, been inconsistent on reading this thread as I've been busy the last few days. But yeah, it's okay! 

I'll look forward on your write-up about the remaining contestants, all were good!

5 hours ago, laumopera said:

It was my first time to guess but my prediction was not counted :(

For the next one, I'm pretty sure that it would be David Cook. @Crisis Please count my guess this time!!! 😠😠😠🥺🥺🥺😁😁😁

Sorry, I thought it was a reply to another poster instead of a guess. I fixed it and you've been rewarded. 😁

The current guess will certainly count! 😁

5 hours ago, anonymouskid_35 said:

I kept on shaming myself on this topic lmao. I'm sorry! I did not read the part where you said that, been inconsistent on reading this thread as I've been busy the last few days. But yeah, it's okay! 

I'll look forward on your write-up about the remaining contestants, all were good!

It's fine; there's still time to tag me if you're still interested because I'm not posting the next entry until tomorrow evening at the earliest! 😄

Thank you; I hope these write-ups are enjoyable to read! 😄

On 8/4/2020 at 1:22 PM, Crisis said:

"Cry if I want to, cry if I want to

You would cry too if it happened to you" :haha:

Her duets with Phillip were great, though I thought she was the better of the two and as @Bk1234 mentioned, Phillip looked awkward without his guitar. Now that I think of it, I remember his awkward movements during SDMHA🤣

:giggle: 

LOL I don't remember those things, but what's funny to me is that I wasn't huge on either Phillip or Elise, yet loved those duets between them. :haha: 

007. Crystal Bowersox: Unfortunately, I was never really a fan (but fortunately - you are posting all my least favorites of the top 10 first, so pretty soon I'll have more love for who shows up :haha: )  I do admire that she had a clear musical style and stuck to that the whole season. I guess it didn't particularly interest me and I couldn't connect with her, but I know she is talented.  Also, she is the only member of the Top 10 who I didn't get to meet on the tour that year, so I have to hold that against her forever. :giggle: Just kidding. She was sick. :( 

8 hours ago, Crisis said:

I might actually be right this time. :haha: 

Cool!  Top 10 time

10 - Quentin Alexander, is an artist. He was my 2nd favorite that season  ( Adanna Duru, being my fav). He sure was an interesting, talented contestant. Always looked forward, to his performances

9 - Didn't watch S2

8 - Elise Testone is my favorite Finalist of S11. And "Whole Lotta Love", is on my Top 15 Idol performances. It was perfection 

7 - Crystal Bowersox, is tied with Didi Benami for my Top 2 faves  on S9 (Siobhan, of course being my #1). Crystal always delivered a very solid performance, and glad to see, that she is             out there making music, and on your Top 10

3 hours ago, miss denise said:

:giggle: 

LOL I don't remember those things, but what's funny to me is that I wasn't huge on either Phillip or Elise, yet loved those duets between them. :haha: 

007. Crystal Bowersox: Unfortunately, I was never really a fan (but fortunately - you are posting all my least favorites of the top 10 first, so pretty soon I'll have more love for who shows up :haha: )  I do admire that she had a clear musical style and stuck to that the whole season. I guess it didn't particularly interest me and I couldn't connect with her, but I know she is talented.  Also, she is the only member of the Top 10 who I didn't get to meet on the tour that year, so I have to hold that against her forever. :giggle: Just kidding. She was sick. :( 

I might actually be right this time. :haha: 

😁

That is funny now thinking about it. I thought those two had the best duets out of everyone that season.

007. Fair enough; hopefully, there will be at least some people in my Top 10 you like. Now that I think of it, there are two that were mentioned; we'll just see where they'll end up. 🤭 Back to Crystal, I guess she wouldn't connect to certain people if they're not interested in her music style. It's too bad you didn't get to meet her on tour due to her being sick. :(

To quote Ellie Goulding, anything can happen! 😅

4 minutes ago, psterina said:

Cool!  Top 10 time

10 - Quentin Alexander, is an artist. He was my 2nd favorite that season  ( Adanna Duru, being my fav). He sure was an interesting, talented contestant. Always looked forward, to his performances

9 - Didn't watch S2

8 - Elise Testone is my favorite Finalist of S11. And "Whole Lotta Love", is on my Top 15 Idol performances. It was perfection 

7 - Crystal Bowersox, is tied with Didi Benami for my Top 2 faves  on S9 (Siobhan, of course being my #1). Crystal always delivered a very solid performance, and glad to see, that she is             out there making music, and on your Top 10

010. Agree with everything except being my 2nd favorite, as he was my overall favorite.

009. OK

008. Happy to see someone else have Elise as their S11 fave! 😄 Yes, Whole Lotta Love was perfection indeed. :wub:

007. Once again, agree with almost everything with the disagreement of Crystal being my S9 favorite.

I wanted Crystal to beat Lee, but sadly, she didn’t.  I would agree that her personality may have seemed too standoffish for the viewers.  But if she just wanted to be a working musician, maybe it’s just as well she lost.

008. Elise Testone - Love her, probaby my third fave of S11 behind Skylar/Jessica. NYSOM and WLL were absolutely awesome, and Queen night of S11 was when I felt the show getting back to S5 highs again. Her performance of I Want it All was one of the reasons why. :wub: 

that is david cook. like someone mentioned above he didn't plan to audition but showed creativity in his arrangements.. 

loved what you wrote on crystal as she was my second fav that season. had she and casey made it to final 2 she would have won hands down. yet both had managed to make a career playing music. she was definitely the best singer during season 9. siobahn was a good vocalist but her performances always seemed too much. yet crystal didn't need to do much other being herself. you also forgot to mention she was the first to feature an original song during her homecoming..(casey also did an original in his homecoming but it didn't air.. )

2 hours ago, CarmenSandiego said:

I wanted Crystal to beat Lee, but sadly, she didn’t.  I would agree that her personality may have seemed too standoffish for the viewers.  But if she just wanted to be a working musician, maybe it’s just as well she lost.

Not much to say but pretty much agree with everything written here. I wanted her to win, but Kristy Lee Cook had other plans! 😂

2 hours ago, ~Tom~ said:

008. Elise Testone - Love her, probaby my third fave of S11 behind Skylar/Jessica. NYSOM and WLL were absolutely awesome, and Queen night of S11 was when I felt the show getting back to S5 highs again. Her performance of I Want it All was one of the reasons why. :wub: 

I don't recall Elise singing NYSOM, for Erika sang it instead; maybe Vienna was the performance that was being referred to. Either way, I agree with everything except she was my favorite obviously.

1 hour ago, blackfield said:

that is david cook. like someone mentioned above he didn't plan to audition but showed creativity in his arrangements.. 

loved what you wrote on crystal as she was my second fav that season. had she and casey made it to final 2 she would have won hands down. yet both had managed to make a career playing music. she was definitely the best singer during season 9. siobahn was a good vocalist but her performances always seemed too much. yet crystal didn't need to do much other being herself. you also forgot to mention she was the first to feature an original song during her homecoming..(casey also did an original in his homecoming but it didn't air.. )

If you'd like to be rewarded, I have to be tagged so I'll know this is the official guess. I agree with her being the best singer of the season and completely forgot about her being the first contestant to have an original song featured during her homecoming, which was really cool to see. 👍

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, Crisis said:

I don't recall Elise singing NYSOM, for Erika sang it instead; maybe Vienna was the performance that was being referred to. Either way, I agree with everything except she was my favorite obviously.

Yeah I did mean Vienna. :haha: 

007. Crystal Bowersox - Love your write-up! :wub: The fact she didn't win is a travesty after delivering UTTM and many other great performances throughout the season! One of the few Idols I tried to keep up with after the show but not lately. 

Edited by ~Tom~

@Crisis

tagging you so this can count as oficial guess.. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, ~Tom~ said:

Yeah I did mean Vienna. :haha: 

007. Crystal Bowersox - Love your write-up! :wub: The fact she didn't win is a travesty after delivering UTTM and many other great performances throughout the season! One of the few Idols I tried to keep up with after the show but not lately. 

007. Yeah, it was disappointing to see her not win after UTTM; it reminded me of when I thought Clay had S2 wrapped up after Bridge Over Troubled Water, except I liked Ruben more, so I didn't mind that result. :haha: I haven't been good at keeping up with her that much post-Idol either; however, I just came across her new song and am absolutely loving it at the moment:

I should have #6 up some time tonight after work. Hopefully, it'll be on the next page, but it's fine if it isn't. 😇 I'll let everyone know about an hour ahead when I'm ready to post it so any last minute guesses can be made. So far, I see quite a few, we'll see if they're correct or not. 😁 👍

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Crisis said:

010. Agree with everything except being my 2nd favorite, as he was my overall favorite.

009. OK

008. Happy to see someone else have Elise as their S11 fave! 😄 Yes, Whole Lotta Love was perfection indeed. :wub:

007. Once again, agree with almost everything with the disagreement of Crystal being my S9 favorite.

I don't disagree with Crystal being your favorite for S9. I said I was happy to see her being your fav. Read what I said, again.

4 hours ago, psterina said:

I don't disagree with Crystal being your favorite for S9. I said I was happy to see her being your fav. Read what I said, again.

There appears to be a misunderstanding. What I meant by disagreement was that Crystal was my S9 favorite instead of tied for second favorite as mentioned in the post; I could've done a better job explaining that. 😅

#6 should be up within an hour or two; last chance for anyone who wants to take a stab at who they think will show up because unless I'm replying to someone, my next post will be #6. 👍

• Thanks 1

Another triple post...

It's time to unveil #6! Here's what I have:

@anonymouskid_35: David Cook

@Bk1234: David Cook

@blackfield: David Cook

@laumopera: David Cook

@miss denise: David Cook

Everyone has the same guess! 🙃 As for the finalist in question...

6. David Cook: Season 7 (1st Place)

david-cook-1-b624fa18b0759540.jpg

Coming in at #6 is the “worthy” S7 winner, the first (not to mention the best 😁) of the WGWG winners predicted by KLC 😆, the last of the three S7 Davids, the last S7 finalist to appear in this ranking, and finally the second to last male overall. In a season as strong as S7, David was perhaps the strongest and most consistent contestant; if not, he was certainly the most innovative. While I believe Blake Lewis was the first to truly attempt to make songs his own, David was certainly the best at it. No matter what the theme was, he mostly managed to come up with or discover arrangements that suited him the best; in other words, he knew exactly who he was as an artist. Another thing I appreciated about him is his refusal to exploit any potential sob stories, such as him being hospitalized a week and his late older brother’s struggle with brain cancer, despite the show’s multiple attempts; he clearly wanted the focus to be on his performances. Finally, like Carrie he appears to be appreciative of what Idol has done for him, evident by him coming back multiple times since his season to either perform, record the goodbye song for S10, or mentor some of the contestants. His journey and subsequent victory almost didn’t happen as he only initially attended the auditions to support his younger brother but got talked into auditioning himself; I’d like to think he’s happy he did so, considering where he is now. 😁 He started off with a rock version of Happy Together, which was OK, nothing too special. He followed that with an enjoyable performance of All Right Now and completely disagreed with Simon when he said he didn’t have a lot of charisma. The following week he did Hello, which is where I think he started to really win people over because he took a sappy R&B/pop love song and turned it into a rock number that could’ve been on the radio. He would easily sail into the finals where during the first week he sang Eleanor Rigby, which was another strong performance of his. I believe there was some controversy surrounding it because the judges thought it was an original arrangement when he was actually doing a version from a band called Doxology; he ended up addressing it a couple of weeks later. He followed that with Day Tripper, which while very good by all means wasn’t as strong as his previous two performances. It would be the next week where David would give perhaps his most heralded performance of the season with the Chris Cornell version of Billie Jean. While the performance was great and deserving of all the accolades it received, maybe I’m just weird but it wasn’t my favorite performance of his; it was actually my second favorite. He sang Little Sparrow the following week, this time using his own arrangement instead of someone else’s, which showed he really knew how to take any song and fix it to suit him the best. Either way, it was a solid performance; I had him third behind only Michael and Carly. Unfortunately, David would give his weakest performance of the season the following week with Innocent. His voice sounded weird in the beginning and I thought he shouted some parts trying to make up for the slow start. There were some theories floating around that because of this performance, more voters were determined to vote for him, which may have caused Michael to slip through the cracks and be eliminated because it was thought he and David had similar fan bases; I don’t know what to think if it, but there it is. 🤷‍♂️ Fortunately, David would bounce back the following week with another different arrangement, this time for the Mariah Carey classic Always Be My Baby. It is considered to be one of his best performances of the season, and I can’t say I disagree because I enjoyed it a lot; I especially liked the more haunting and intense spin he put on it. The next week he would sing The Music Of The Night. While I enjoyed the different arrangements on most of his performances and all, this was my personal favorite of his because he sang the song straight for the most part and showed he could vocally hang with the best of them in his own right from the soft notes in his lower register to the glory notes in the middle and end of the song; also, 🤣 at ALW telling David to imagine him as a gorgeous girl in order to capture the mood of the song. The following week he would return to his rock roots with I’m Alive and All I Really Need Is You, with the former being harder driven and the latter being mostly acoustic with the exception of parts in the middle. While both performances were solid, I preferred the latter. The following week he would sing Hungry Like The Wolf and Baba O’Riley. To be honest, I didn’t really care for the former, mainly because I’m not a Duran Duran fan, plus I can’t stand the song. As for the latter, while I liked it more than HLTW, I still felt it was missing something; I think it’s one of those songs that can’t be done justice in the limited time the contestants have on the show, which is too bad because I liked what he tried to do with it and would’ve loved to see where else he could take it. The next week he would sing The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face, Dare You To Move, and I Don’t Wanna Miss A Thing. The first was easily my favorite of his, though it was certainly an unexpected choice; I don’t know what Simon was thinking when he picked it for him. The second song was the weakest of the night for me; I think it had to do with feeling that it was too short. The third performance was fine, though it’s another song I could go multiple lifetimes without hearing again. David was on to the finale where he gave what I felt were three solid performances. The first, I Still Haven’t Found What I’m Looking For, was probably my favorite of the three; I liked the way he sang the song and worked the stage. The second, Dream Big, was fine all things considered, seeing it was a coronation song; still, I felt it was better than Archie’s (sorry @miss denise and @Bk1234 :stealth:). For his third number, instead of reprising one of his older performances, David opted to sing The World I Know, which I felt was a heartfelt performance. The main thing it’s probably remembered for is Simon’s comment saying he picked the wrong song. David would have the last laugh the following night as Simon ended up apologizing to him; I guess Simon got wind of the vote total and probably did it to save face because David would end up winning by a whopping 12 million votes! Post-Idol he went on to record a few albums; I listened to his first two and remember enjoying them. He has also been on Broadway a couple of times and even dated Kimberly Caldwell for a few months. So yeah, David is one of my favorite contestants and almost made my Top 5, but Top 6 isn’t too bad if I say so myself! 😁

006. David Cook

Updated season favorites list:

S01:

S02: Kimberley Locke

S03: LaToya London

S04: Bo Bice

S05:

S06: Haley Scarnato

S07: David Cook

S08: Allison Iraheta

S09: Crystal Bowersox

S10: Pia Toscano

S11: Elise Testone

S12: Candice Glover

S13: Jessica Meuse

S14: Quentin Alexander

S15: La'Porsha Renae

S16: Jurnee

S17: Laci Kaye Booth

S18: Jovin Webb

The fab five remaining (not the S12 women, LOL):

Kelly Clarkson

Tamyra Gray

LaToya London

Katharine McPhee

Elliott Yamin

Looks like everyone got this right; in hindsight, it was an easy one. 😆 Here is the clue for #5:

When a group comes to mind
This one's often left behind
 :(

I'm not sure when this one will be up; I'll keep everyone updated. In the meanwhile, feel free to guess!

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, Crisis said:

006. David Cook

Kris Allen is my favorite of the WGWG winners, but David is definitely at a close second! 😁 I think that David Cook wins the award for having the best personality in Idol history. 🙂 He was so genuine, real, and honest with everyone and that seemed to pay off... 😅 I also really liked how David Cook acted like an older brother to Archie. It was so sweet to watch! :wub: Anyway, on with the performances, which is what David Cook would want us to focus on. Hello was a very good performance, though Archie won the semis for me. 😅 Eleanor Rigby was another good one. Billie Jean was a very good performance, some consider it his best, but I prefer Always Be My Baby. The way he made Always Be My Baby his own was so clever and I might’ve enjoyed it more than Archie’s When You Believe that night... 🤫 After that were just some ok performances for me (aka Archie or Syesha usually won the night 😅), with a highlight being I Don’t Wanna Miss A Thing. I preferred Archie’s coronation song to Dream Big. None of the songs were good, but David Cook’s was definitely the most corny... 😒 In terms of who should have won, it depends on how you look at it. I thought David Cook was more consistent than Archie, but lacked in the later rounds, especially during the Top 2 night. On the other hand, Archie was a little more inconsistent, but delivered great performances, and in my opinion, won the Top 2 night. 😄 Also, Simon’s constant critiques of Cook during the Top 2 night really backfired... 😅 Overall, David Cook was a contestant who I grew to really love during Season 7, just not as much as Syesha! 😂 He wins the best personality award though. 🙂

b909bab8d398472eb728ceab54440295.jpg
:wub:

Edited by Bk1234

7 hours ago, Crisis said:

When a group comes to mind
This one's often left behind
 :(

@Crisis My guess for the clue is LaToya London. 

• Thanks 1