Crisis

Crisis On Hand: An American Idol Finalists Ranking List

Let's see who shows up next! For 25-21:

- Ability larger than a body part
- "Tell me where love goes when it's gone..."
- Kick:censored: mail service
- Wears hometown out front
- Hmph, some makeover...

25. Erika Van Pelt: Season 11 (10th Place)

91c6a3945f414377aa66cc0e0fa8d47b

Kicking off the Top 25 is the second consecutive S11 finalist to lead off a set. :haha: Erika was someone I really enjoyed during S11. As I mentioned way back in my Julia Gargano write-up during my S18 ranking, I am a sucker for a good alto, and Erika had just that; in fact, she had me from her audition which RARELY happens because I typically wait until the voting rounds and see how the contestants do before I decide to latch onto someone, and even then I wait a couple of weeks. Also, I don’t ever recall her having a bad performance. Unfortunately, she was unable to latch on to a majority of the voters as seen by her multiple B3 appearances and early elimination. I think one of the things that hurt Erika was that she was one of the older contestants (in fact, she was the second oldest behind only Elise) in a season where the contestants, especially the females, skewed on the younger side; in fact, Erika and Elise were the only non-teenage female finalists that season. Speaking of Elise, I think another thing that hurt Erika was that she may or may not have been compared to Elise often, with Elise seen as the better of the two. Going back to her time on Idol, I don’t recall seeing her much in Hollywood which is too bad because as I mentioned, I enjoyed her audition and was looking forward to seeing more of her; I’ll have to rewatch the Hollywood Rounds to see if she received any airtime at some point. She managed to make it to the Top 24 where she sang What About Love. I enjoyed the performance and hoped she would be voted into the finals. Unfortunately, that wasn’t the case which was disappointing; having said that, however, I thought the five female contestants who were voted in all had merit in their own right. Fortunately, Erika was invited to perform in the WC Round where she would give my personal favorite performance of hers with Edge Of Glory. She sang her heart out and straight up slayed that performance :wub:; I’ve always said hers and Trenyce’s WC performances should be the golden standard for anyone participating in any WC Rounds. Still, I had my reservations on whether or not she would be picked because the judges seemed to be enamored with Jen Hirsch who, sad to say, I wasn’t a fan of. However, Erika did end up being selected and thus was on her way to the finals. She would sing I Believe In You And Me in the first round, and I would say it was my favorite rendition of the song (considering the singers who sung that song in Idol, that’s saying something). It was probably the best Whitney Houston song that would showcase her beautiful alto the best. Unfortunately, she would be in the female B3 thanks to the voting results twist; however, she would be sent back to safety. The following week she sang Heaven, which was her weakest performance, but it still wasn’t anything terrible; besides, there were far worse performances that night. Sadly, Erika would find herself in the B3 again; admittedly, I thought she would be eliminated this night which would’ve been disappointing. Fortunately, she was safe again which meant she would be able to participate in the summer tour, which I was happy to see. The following week, she would sing New York State Of Mind, which I felt was another great vocal from her; I believe I had her second behind Elise at the time. Unfortunately, that performance would be her last because she was eliminated the next night. As I mentioned a couple of pages back, she was my favorite contestant up until her elimination, so this stung at the time. However, I can’t say I was surprised because as mentioned she couldn’t garner much support from the voters. Supposedly, she was going to sing Glitter In The Air the following week, which I would’ve loved to see; she sung it on tour and from the videos I watched she absolutely killed it. Overall, Erika was someone I really liked despite not having the longest run.

24. Ruben Studdard: Season 2 (1st Place)

ruben-studdard.jpg

Now showing up in this countdown is Ruben Studdard AKA The Velvet Teddy Bear. Ruben is in my Top 10 when it comes to favorite voices from Idol contestants. I could just sit around and listen to it all day. Unfortunately, I think he gets a bit of a bad rep because he beat out Clay for the Idol crown. Objectively, I thought Clay was the most consistent contestant during the season and would’ve certainly made a worthy winner. With that said, however, it isn’t as if Ruben was some scrub who got lucky with a fluke performance or two; he was a strong contestant in his own right who had his fair share of great performances. Despite this, it appears he’s one of Idol’s punching bags as far as winners go, though it’s not as bad as Nick, Lee, or even Taylor. Ruben’s Idol run got off to a strong start when he sang Superstar during Group 2 of the semis. To this day I still go back and forth as to which performance was better between this and K-Lo’s Somewhere Over The Rainbow. He would get voted into the finals where he would give a fun solid performance of Baby I Need Your Loving, a song Josh Gracin also sang that night; Ruben’s was better, just saying. The following week he would give what is considered to be his best performance of the season with A Whole New World, and I certainly concur with this sentiment; it’s definitely within my Top 5 S2 performances. From there, he would give two solid performances with Sweet Home Alabama and Can’t Get Enough Of Your Love, Babe, though I am of the opinion only the late great Barry White should be singing his own songs. He would give another great performance the following week with Kiss And Say Goodbye which would be followed by another solid performance with Just The Way You Are. It was around this time, however, I started to notice Ruben’s voice starting to deteriorate a bit and as a result, the quality of his performances started to decline some. Music Of My Heart was fine all things considered; however, I didn’t care too much for his two performances Ain’t Too Proud To Beg and Breaking Up Is Hard To Do the following week. Of course, this was the week he was in the B2 with Trenyce, and I still remember how upset Randy was at the revelation. :haha: He would make it to the following week and give an OK performance of Nights On Broadway and a very solid performance of How Can You Mend A Broken Heart, which I thought would be the moment Ruben would somewhat return to his early season form. Unfortunately, that would not be the case as he had a pretty poor Top 3 showing. I was underwhelmed by all three of his performances that night, the main one being If Ever You’re In My Arms Again. I absolutely love the song and I know if Ruben’s voice was in better shape, he could’ve had a magical moment with it. In spite of this, he made it to the finale where he would have an OK showing, though I thought Clay was going to win after Bridge Over Troubled Water. However, Ruben would walk away with the title, which I was happy with because I liked him more than Clay. It appears Ruben has done decently well for himself post-Idol, which includes a platinum album and a gold gospel album. I also recall him being in The Biggest Loser, which was for the better since he appears to be in much better shape now than he was then. Finally, it appears he and Clay still keep in touch and do projects together from time to time. In the end, Ruben remains to have one of my favorite voices and is still one of my favorite S2 contestants.

23. Vonzell Solomon: Season 4 (3rd Place)

476632_i_1693652_20110812213902_orig.jpg

Vonzell was someone who I thought was an absolute bright spot during S4. She was this beautiful, fun, radiant, and perky girl who also had a powerful voice, which was all on full display at her audition, though the most memorable thing for me was her wearing different color shoes that matched her belt and top. :haha: If there’s one criticism I have of her, it’s that she couldn’t harness her voice at times. She’s had moments where she would lose control and have her voice be all over the place; it was often joked she was singing in the key of V. 😅 As for her time on Idol, she started off by singing Heat Wave in the first round of the semis. In Thia’s write-up, I said that the song was one that I felt has never been done well on Idol, and I still feel that way. With that said, I would say Vonzell did the best version of it. I enjoyed her other two semifinal performances If I Ain’t Got You and Respect. She sang Anyone Who Had A Heart in the first week of the finals, which I thought was on the underrated side; I guess it mainly had to do with her having to follow Nadia and Bo, who both had very strong performances that evening. Regardless, she would have a fun performance of Best Of My Love which is one of my personal favorites of hers. She would then give a strong performance of I Have Nothing the following week; I would say it’s my third favorite version of it on Idol behind only J-Hud and Trenyce. Next, she would give what I felt was another underrated performance with People; I had her second behind Nadia that night. Unfortunately, the voters didn’t agree as she was in the B3 that week. I remember being disappointed at her being there whereas Anthony was safe after his butchering of Climb Ev’ry Mountain. She would come back the following week with another cute and fun performance of Let’s Hear It For The Boy. She followed that with a solid performance of I’m Every Woman; however, I can’t say I enjoyed her performance of I Turn To You all that much because I felt she hit some sharp notes and lost some control at the key change. With all of this said, there were still some performances that evening that were worse (hello Constantine and Scott). Speaking of Constantine, this of course was the week she was in the B3 when he was eliminated. The following week she had two OK performances with Treat Me Nice and When You Tell Me That You Love Me. Unfortunately, Vonzell would give what I felt was her worst performance of the season with How Do I Live; this was the one performance where her lack of vocal control was the most prevalent. It also didn’t help that she appeared to be too emotional during the song which culminated with her being in tears after it. She redeemed herself somewhat later that evening with Don’t Leave Me This Way. Despite that, I thought she was going to be the one eliminated the following night because I thought she was the worst that evening if I’m to be honest; fortunately, that wasn’t the case as Anthony went home instead. She went on to give three OK performances the following week with my favorite being On The Radio; however, it was easy to see the Top 2 that season were going to be Carrie and Bo, so Vonzell went as far as she could. The main thing I remember was despite her elimination, she was still in good spirits and kicked butt on the group performance that night. Post-Idol, I know she's worked with Postmodern Jukebox and has done some videos with Todrick Hall; other than that, I'm not sure what else she's been up to. In the end, Vonzell was someone I enjoyed and looked forward to a lot during her time on Idol.

22. Haley Reinhart: Season 10 (3rd Place)

45813653634_e869fc8904_b.jpg

Haley was certainly one of the most spunky and most tenacious contestants Idol has ever had. There was absolutely no quit in her, and she pretty much had to fight for everything she earned during her time on the show. She was someone who gradually grew on me as the season progressed. Her voice and style intrigued me early in the season; however, I lost interest in her by the time the semis started because I thought she tried to do too much during the Hollywood Rounds. I wasn’t impressed at all with her performance of Fallin’ during the semis; in fact, I think I pretty much hated it. Nonetheless, she was voted into the finals which astonished me at the time. She would go on to sing Blue the first week in the finals, which was a bit of a surprise because I would’ve never expected Haley to pick someone like LeAnn Rimes as her personal Idol. Either way, it was another performance I didn’t care for. I also wasn’t too fond of I’m Your Baby Tonight the following week either; I believe this was the performance where she had her lipstick disaster. 😂 She was in the B3 both times but managed to get by. She would sing You Really Got A Hold On Me the next week which while it was better than her previous three showings, it didn’t do much for me. It was the following week where Haley supposedly had her breakout performance with Bennie And The Jets. While it was certainly her best up to that point, I wasn’t as enamored with it as most were. I didn’t really like her next two performances (Piece Of My Heart and Call Me) much either, with the latter being my least favorite of hers outside of Fallin’. At this point I was wondering how she managed to get this far. However, it was around this time where I started to see what others saw in her. It started with the Moanin’ duet with Casey during the Top 8 Results Show. I absolutely loved it and was impressed with Haley for the first time all season. My favorites outside of Casey were gone at this point, so I decided to pay more attention to her to see how far she would actually go. She followed that up with Rolling In The Deep the following week, which was the first solo performance of hers I really enjoyed. Beautiful was another performance of hers I enjoyed. The following week she would sing You And I for her first performance, which I thought was fine, though it was really hard to judge because it was a song that hadn’t been released yet at the time. Speaking of which, I thought it was asinine when the judges criticized her for singing it, especially considering Lady Gaga herself gave Haley her blessing to sing it before she (LG) released it. Thinking about it, even when I didn’t care too much for her, I noticed the judges, especially J-Lo, were harsher on her than the other contestants that season; it became really obvious after You And I. She would then come back and slay House Of The Rising Sun the same night. The next week she would sing Earth Song which I felt was underrated; as a matter of fact, I’m going to defend it here. I thought the judges were way off the mark with their comments. For starters, who are they to tell what song is inspirational for other people; I’m sure Haley had sound reasons for picking it. Moreover, I laughed when they said she shouted the song; I guess they never heard the original where Michael Jackson himself shouted through it. So yeah, I heavily disagreed with them. 😕 Then there was Randy saying the winners of the first round was a three way tie between Lauren, Scotty, and James 🙄; I loved Haley’s response to it. 😅 Not to be deterred, she would come back and give my favorite performance of hers with I (Who Have Nothing). I was hoping it would be enough for her to break up the desired Top 3, and it turned out to be it was! She would have two strong performances with What It Is And What Should Never Be and Rhiannon; however, You Oughta Know was underwhelming. Despite that, I still thought she was the best of the three and was hoping she would somehow break up the potential all teen country finale. Sadly, that didn’t happen as her long and hard fought underdog journey came to an end the following night. Post-Idol, she appears to be doing well for herself. I’ve checked out and loved some of her songs on her albums, and I’ve especially loved the work she’s done with Postmodern Jukebox, especially her critically acclaimed performance of Creep. Finally, as I’ve mentioned in Casey’s write-up, it looks like the two are still collaborating musically from time to time, which is great to see. While I’m not a die-hard Halien so to speak, I like Haley a lot which is something considering how I initially felt about her and have come to respect and appreciate her tenacity and talent.

21. Fantasia: Season 3 (1st Place)

http-starity.hu-forum-topik-539715-fantasia-barrino-seen-at-abc-studios-in-new-york-july-25-2016-_3.jpg

Is it time for Fantasia to appear in this ranking? Yeah, yeah, yeah!  :fantasia: :bobo:Fantasia probably has the most polarizing voice in Idol history. Some consider it to be soulful crooning; others think of it as unbearable screeching. As evident by this ranking I fall in the former category. Outside of her voice, I think no one on Idol was better at digging deep and emotionally connecting to a song than Fantasia. One thing I loved about her is that she would always put everything into her performances; there would be no halfhearted efforts from her. Besides her performances, her exchanges with Simon were pretty funny as well. With all that said, it’s time to look into her Idol journey. She started off with a fun performance of Something To Talk About, or in her case Shomething To Talk About as she would often add an 'H' when pronouncing the ‘S’ sound, during Group 1 in the semis. She would advance to the finals where she would give another solid performance with Signed, Sealed, Delivered (I’m Yours). From there, she would give two more solid performances the following two weeks with Always On My Mind and I Heard It Through The Grapevine. The following week she gave another solid performance with Something The Way You Look Tonight, though I actually agreed with Simon when he said it was her weakest performance up to that point. Still, it was better than some of the other performances from the same evening. The following week Fantasia would give what some people are saying is the greatest performance in Idol history with Summertime. It certainly is one of the best performances in Idol history, though I’m not sure I would call it the GOAT performance. Regardless, it was easy to see she felt the song from beginning to end. She had an OK performance with It’s A Miracle the following week, which of course was the week of The Three Divas B3. Unfortunately, I felt she gave an underwhelming performance the following week with Get On Your Feet; I felt it was her weakest performance of the season. She would give another performance I didn’t care for the following week with her first performance of Crazy Little Thing Called Love. However, I really liked her second performance What Are You Doing The Rest Of Your Life. I thought she did fine with her two Disco performances the following week, with my favorite being Knock On Wood. Of course, that was the week she and LaToya were the B2 while Jasmine sat on the couch of safety. Fantasia would be the one to advance and I think with her biggest competition out, this was the point where her win was all but sealed. Having a strong Top 3 Night certainly helped; I thought she was easily the best one that week. I enjoyed all three of her performances (Chain Of Fools, Fool In Love, and Greatest Love Of All). She would then reach the finale where I thought she clearly outperformed Diana (though Diana having issues with some of her equipment certainly helped). I thought All My Life was on the underrated side; if I had a criticism of it, it during the bridge where I wished she was singing it instead of the background singers. Her reprise of Summertime wasn’t anywhere near as magical as the first time, but it was still good. However, I thought her best performance was her coronation song I Believe; I would go as far as saying it was the best performance of a coronation song done on Idol and yes, I am including Kelly’s A Moment Like This when I say that. Whenever others cover I Believe on Idol, I think they always fall short because I don’t think anyone other than Fantasia can do that song justice. She would predictably go on to win the crown. While not as big as J-Hud’s, Fantasia has had a solid career in her own right. I remember listening to and liking a few songs of hers outside of Idol. While admittedly she’s not for everyone, Fantasia was certainly someone who I certainly enjoyed watching.

025. Erika Van Pelt

024. Ruben Studdard

023. Vonzell Solomon

022. Haley Reinhart

021. Fantasia

More favorites from other seasons are now known. The updated list:

S01:

S02: Kimberley Locke

S03: LaToya London

S04: Bo Bice

S05:

S06:

S07:

S08: Allison Iraheta

S09: Crystal Bowersox

S10: Pia Toscano

S11: Elise Testone

S12: Candice Glover

S13: Jessica Meuse

S14: Quentin Alexander

S15: La'Porsha Renae

S16: Jurnee

S17: Laci Kaye Booth

S18: Jovin Webb

Here are the clues for who may show up next:

- I can do this alone!
- Boxer briefs
- Really Borchetta?!
- Lent a helping hand or two from behind after being front and center
- Should've won according to a judge

Carrie showing up. 😢 Hollie at 30. 😐 List canceled. 

Jk, will catch up tomorrow.

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Crisis said:

Let's see who shows up next! For 25-21:

- Hmph, some makeover...

25. Erika Van Pelt: Season 11 (10th Place)

91c6a3945f414377aa66cc0e0fa8d47b

Kicking off the Top 25 is the second consecutive S11 finalist to lead off a set. :haha: Erika was someone I really enjoyed during S11. As I mentioned way back in my Julia Gargano write-up during my S18 ranking, I am a sucker for a good alto, and Erika had just that; in fact, she had me from her audition which RARELY happens because I typically wait until the voting rounds and see how the contestants do before I decide to latch onto someone, and even then I wait a couple of weeks. Also, I don’t ever recall her having a bad performance. Unfortunately, she was unable to latch on to a majority of the voters as seen by her multiple B3 appearances and early elimination. I think one of the things that hurt Erika was that she was one of the older contestants (in fact, she was the second oldest behind only Elise) in a season where the contestants, especially the females, skewed on the younger side; in fact, Erika and Elise were the only non-teenage female finalists that season. Speaking of Elise, I think another thing that hurt Erika was that she may or may not have been compared to Elise often, with Elise seen as the better of the two. Going back to her time on Idol, I don’t recall seeing her much in Hollywood which is too bad because as I mentioned, I enjoyed her audition and was looking forward to seeing more of her; I’ll have to rewatch the Hollywood Rounds to see if she received any airtime at some point. She managed to make it to the Top 24 where she sang What About Love. I enjoyed the performance and hoped she would be voted into the finals. Unfortunately, that wasn’t the case which was disappointing; having said that, however, I thought the five female contestants who were voted in all had merit in their own right. Fortunately, Erika was invited to perform in the WC Round where she would give my personal favorite performance of hers with Edge Of Glory. She sang her heart out and straight up slayed that performance :wub:; I’ve always said hers and Trenyce’s WC performances should be the golden standard for anyone participating in any WC Rounds. Still, I had my reservations on whether or not she would be picked because the judges seemed to be enamored with Jen Hirsch who, sad to say, I wasn’t a fan of. However, Erika did end up being selected and thus was on her way to the finals. She would sing I Believe In You And Me in the first round, and I would say it was my favorite rendition of the song (considering the singers who sung that song in Idol, that’s saying something). It was probably the best Whitney Houston song that would showcase her beautiful alto the best. Unfortunately, she would be in the female B3 thanks to the voting results twist; however, she would be sent back to safety. The following week she sang Heaven, which was her weakest performance, but it still wasn’t anything terrible; besides, there were far worse performances that night. Sadly, Erika would find herself in the B3 again; admittedly, I thought she would be eliminated this night which would’ve been disappointing. Fortunately, she was safe again which meant she would be able to participate in the summer tour, which I was happy to see. The following week, she would sing New York State Of Mind, which I felt was another great vocal from her; I believe I had her second behind Elise at the time. Unfortunately, that performance would be her last because she was eliminated the next night. As I mentioned a couple of pages back, she was my favorite contestant up until her elimination, so this stung at the time. However, I can’t say I was surprised because as mentioned she couldn’t garner much support from the voters. Supposedly, she was going to sing Glitter In The Air the following week, which I would’ve loved to see; she sung it on tour and from the videos I watched she absolutely killed it. Overall, Erika was someone I really liked despite not having the longest run.

24. Ruben Studdard: Season 2 (1st Place)

ruben-studdard.jpg

Now showing up in this countdown is Ruben Studdard AKA The Velvet Teddy Bear. Ruben is in my Top 10 when it comes to favorite voices from Idol contestants. I could just sit around and listen to it all day. Unfortunately, I think he gets a bit of a bad rep because he beat out Clay for the Idol crown. Objectively, I thought Clay was the most consistent contestant during the season and would’ve certainly made a worthy winner. With that said, however, it isn’t as if Ruben was some scrub who got lucky with a fluke performance or two; he was a strong contestant in his own right who had his fair share of great performances. Despite this, it appears he’s one of Idol’s punching bags as far as winners go, though it’s not as bad as Nick, Lee, or even Taylor. Ruben’s Idol run got off to a strong start when he sang Superstar during Group 2 of the semis. To this day I still go back and forth as to which performance was better between this and K-Lo’s Somewhere Over The Rainbow. He would get voted into the finals where he would give a fun solid performance of Baby I Need Your Loving, a song Josh Gracin also sang that night; Ruben’s was better, just saying. The following week he would give what is considered to be his best performance of the season with A Whole New World, and I certainly concur with this sentiment; it’s definitely within my Top 5 S2 performances. From there, he would give two solid performances with Sweet Home Alabama and Can’t Get Enough Of Your Love, Babe, though I am of the opinion only the late great Barry White should be singing his own songs. He would give another great performance the following week with Kiss And Say Goodbye which would be followed by another solid performance with Just The Way You Are. It was around this time, however, I started to notice Ruben’s voice starting to deteriorate a bit and as a result, the quality of his performances started to decline some. Music Of My Heart was fine all things considered; however, I didn’t care too much for his two performances Ain’t Too Proud To Beg and Breaking Up Is Hard To Do the following week. Of course, this was the week he was in the B2 with Trenyce, and I still remember how upset Randy was at the revelation. :haha: He would make it to the following week and give an OK performance of Nights On Broadway and a very solid performance of How Can You Mend A Broken Heart, which I thought would be the moment Ruben would somewhat return to his early season form. Unfortunately, that would not be the case as he had a pretty poor Top 3 showing. I was underwhelmed by all three of his performances that night, the main one being If Ever You’re In My Arms Again. I absolutely love the song and I know if Ruben’s voice was in better shape, he could’ve had a magical moment with it. In spite of this, he made it to the finale where he would have an OK showing, though I thought Clay was going to win after Bridge Over Troubled Water. However, Ruben would walk away with the title, which I was happy with because I liked him more than Clay. It appears Ruben has done decently well for himself post-Idol, which includes a platinum album and a gold gospel album. I also recall him being in The Biggest Loser, which was for the better since he appears to be in much better shape now than he was then. Finally, it appears he and Clay still keep in touch and do projects together from time to time. In the end, Ruben remains to have one of my favorite voices and is still one of my favorite S2 contestants.

23. Vonzell Solomon: Season 4 (3rd Place)

476632_i_1693652_20110812213902_orig.jpg

Vonzell was someone who I thought was an absolute bright spot during S4. She was this beautiful, fun, radiant, and perky girl who also had a powerful voice, which was all on full display at her audition, though the most memorable thing for me was her wearing different color shoes that matched her belt and top. :haha: If there’s one criticism I have of her, it’s that she couldn’t harness her voice at times. She’s had moments where she would lose control and have her voice be all over the place; it was often joked she was singing in the key of V. 😅 As for her time on Idol, she started off by singing Heat Wave in the first round of the semis. In Thia’s write-up, I said that the song was one that I felt has never been done well on Idol, and I still feel that way. With that said, I would say Vonzell did the best version of it. I enjoyed her other two semifinal performances If I Ain’t Got You and Respect. She sang Anyone Who Had A Heart in the first week of the finals, which I thought was on the underrated side; I guess it mainly had to do with her having to follow Nadia and Bo, who both had very strong performances that evening. Regardless, she would have a fun performance of Best Of My Love which is one of my personal favorites of hers. She would then give a strong performance of I Have Nothing the following week; I would say it’s my third favorite version of it on Idol behind only J-Hud and Trenyce. Next, she would give what I felt was another underrated performance with People; I had her second behind Nadia that night. Unfortunately, the voters didn’t agree as she was in the B3 that week. I remember being disappointed at her being there whereas Anthony was safe after his butchering of Climb Ev’ry Mountain. She would come back the following week with another cute and fun performance of Let’s Hear It For The Boy. She followed that with a solid performance of I’m Every Woman; however, I can’t say I enjoyed her performance of I Turn To You all that much because I felt she hit some sharp notes and lost some control at the key change. With all of this said, there were still some performances that evening that were worse (hello Constantine and Scott). Speaking of Constantine, this of course was the week she was in the B3 when he was eliminated. The following week she had two OK performances with Treat Me Nice and When You Tell Me That You Love Me. Unfortunately, Vonzell would give what I felt was her worst performance of the season with How Do I Live; this was the one performance where her lack of vocal control was the most prevalent. It also didn’t help that she appeared to be too emotional during the song which culminated with her being in tears after it. She redeemed herself somewhat later that evening with Don’t Leave Me This Way. Despite that, I thought she was going to be the one eliminated the following night because I thought she was the worst that evening if I’m to be honest; fortunately, that wasn’t the case as Anthony went home instead. She went on to give three OK performances the following week with my favorite being On The Radio; however, it was easy to see the Top 2 that season were going to be Carrie and Bo, so Vonzell went as far as she could. The main thing I remember was despite her elimination, she was still in good spirits and kicked butt on the group performance that night. Post-Idol, I know she's worked with Postmodern Jukebox and has done some videos with Todrick Hall; other than that, I'm not sure what else she's been up to. In the end, Vonzell was someone I enjoyed and looked forward to a lot during her time on Idol.

22. Haley Reinhart: Season 10 (3rd Place)

45813653634_e869fc8904_b.jpg

Haley was certainly one of the most spunky and most tenacious contestants Idol has ever had. There was absolutely no quit in her, and she pretty much had to fight for everything she earned during her time on the show. She was someone who gradually grew on me as the season progressed. Her voice and style intrigued me early in the season; however, I lost interest in her by the time the semis started because I thought she tried to do too much during the Hollywood Rounds. I wasn’t impressed at all with her performance of Fallin’ during the semis; in fact, I think I pretty much hated it. Nonetheless, she was voted into the finals which astonished me at the time. She would go on to sing Blue the first week in the finals, which was a bit of a surprise because I would’ve never expected Haley to pick someone like LeAnn Rimes as her personal Idol. Either way, it was another performance I didn’t care for. I also wasn’t too fond of I’m Your Baby Tonight the following week either; I believe this was the performance where she had her lipstick disaster. 😂 She was in the B3 both times but managed to get by. She would sing You Really Got A Hold On Me the next week which while it was better than her previous three showings, it didn’t do much for me. It was the following week where Haley supposedly had her breakout performance with Bennie And The Jets. While it was certainly her best up to that point, I wasn’t as enamored with it as most were. I didn’t really like her next two performances (Piece Of My Heart and Call Me) much either, with the latter being my least favorite of hers outside of Fallin’. At this point I was wondering how she managed to get this far. However, it was around this time where I started to see what others saw in her. It started with the Moanin’ duet with Casey during the Top 8 Results Show. I absolutely loved it and was impressed with Haley for the first time all season. My favorites outside of Casey were gone at this point, so I decided to pay more attention to her to see how far she would actually go. She followed that up with Rolling In The Deep the following week, which was the first solo performance of hers I really enjoyed. Beautiful was another performance of hers I enjoyed. The following week she would sing You And I for her first performance, which I thought was fine, though it was really hard to judge because it was a song that hadn’t been released yet at the time. Speaking of which, I thought it was asinine when the judges criticized her for singing it, especially considering Lady Gaga herself gave Haley her blessing to sing it before she (LG) released it. Thinking about it, even when I didn’t care too much for her, I noticed the judges, especially J-Lo, were harsher on her than the other contestants that season; it became really obvious after You And I. She would then come back and slay House Of The Rising Sun the same night. The next week she would sing Earth Song which I felt was underrated; as a matter of fact, I’m going to defend it here. I thought the judges were way off the mark with their comments. For starters, who are they to tell what song is inspirational for other people; I’m sure Haley had sound reasons for picking it. Moreover, I laughed when they said she shouted the song; I guess they never heard the original where Michael Jackson himself shouted through it. So yeah, I heavily disagreed with them. 😕 Then there was Randy saying the winners of the first round was a three way tie between Lauren, Scotty, and James 🙄; I loved Haley’s response to it. 😅 Not to be deterred, she would come back and give my favorite performance of hers with I (Who Have Nothing). I was hoping it would be enough for her to break up the desired Top 3, and it turned out to be it was! She would have two strong performances with What It Is And What Should Never Be and Rhiannon; however, You Oughta Know was underwhelming. Despite that, I still thought she was the best of the three and was hoping she would somehow break up the potential all teen country finale. Sadly, that didn’t happen as her long and hard fought underdog journey came to an end the following night. Post-Idol, she appears to be doing well for herself. I’ve checked out and loved some of her songs on her albums, and I’ve especially loved the work she’s done with Postmodern Jukebox, especially her critically acclaimed performance of Creep. Finally, as I’ve mentioned in Casey’s write-up, it looks like the two are still collaborating musically from time to time, which is great to see. While I’m not a die-hard Halien so to speak, I like Haley a lot which is something considering how I initially felt about her and have come to respect and appreciate her tenacity and talent.

21. Fantasia: Season 3 (1st Place)

http-starity.hu-forum-topik-539715-fantasia-barrino-seen-at-abc-studios-in-new-york-july-25-2016-_3.jpg

Is it time for Fantasia to appear in this ranking? Yeah, yeah, yeah!  :fantasia: :bobo:Fantasia probably has the most polarizing voice in Idol history. Some consider it to be soulful crooning; others think of it as unbearable screeching. As evident by this ranking I fall in the former category. Outside of her voice, I think no one on Idol was better at digging deep and emotionally connecting to a song than Fantasia. One thing I loved about her is that she would always put everything into her performances; there would be no halfhearted efforts from her. Besides her performances, her exchanges with Simon were pretty funny as well. With all that said, it’s time to look into her Idol journey. She started off with a fun performance of Something To Talk About, or in her case Shomething To Talk About as she would often add an 'H' when pronouncing the ‘S’ sound, during Group 1 in the semis. She would advance to the finals where she would give another solid performance with Signed, Sealed, Delivered (I’m Yours). From there, she would give two more solid performances the following two weeks with Always On My Mind and I Heard It Through The Grapevine. The following week she gave another solid performance with Something The Way You Look Tonight, though I actually agreed with Simon when he said it was her weakest performance up to that point. Still, it was better than some of the other performances from the same evening. The following week Fantasia would give what some people are saying is the greatest performance in Idol history with Summertime. It certainly is one of the best performances in Idol history, though I’m not sure I would call it the GOAT performance. Regardless, it was easy to see she felt the song from beginning to end. She had an OK performance with It’s A Miracle the following week, which of course was the week of The Three Divas B3. Unfortunately, I felt she gave an underwhelming performance the following week with Get On Your Feet; I felt it was her weakest performance of the season. She would give another performance I didn’t care for the following week with her first performance of Crazy Little Thing Called Love. However, I really liked her second performance What Are You Doing The Rest Of Your Life. I thought she did fine with her two Disco performances the following week, with my favorite being Knock On Wood. Of course, that was the week she and LaToya were the B2 while Jasmine sat on the couch of safety. Fantasia would be the one to advance and I think with her biggest competition out, this was the point where her win was all but sealed. Having a strong Top 3 Night certainly helped; I thought she was easily the best one that week. I enjoyed all three of her performances (Chain Of Fools, Fool In Love, and Greatest Love Of All). She would then reach the finale where I thought she clearly outperformed Diana (though Diana having issues with some of her equipment certainly helped). I thought All My Life was on the underrated side; if I had a criticism of it, it during the bridge where I wished she was singing it instead of the background singers. Her reprise of Summertime wasn’t anywhere near as magical as the first time, but it was still good. However, I thought her best performance was her coronation song I Believe; I would go as far as saying it was the best performance of a coronation song done on Idol and yes, I am including Kelly’s A Moment Like This when I say that. Whenever others cover I Believe on Idol, I think they always fall short because I don’t think anyone other than Fantasia can do that song justice. She would predictably go on to win the crown. While not as big as J-Hud’s, Fantasia has had a solid career in her own right. I remember listening to and liking a few songs of hers outside of Idol. While admittedly she’s not for everyone, Fantasia was certainly someone who I certainly enjoyed watching.

025. Erika Van Pelt

024. Ruben Studdard

023. Vonzell Solomon

022. Haley Reinhart

021. Fantasia

More favorites from other seasons are now known. The updated list:

S01:

S05:

S06:

S07:

Here are the clues for who may show up next:

- I can do this alone!
- Boxer briefs
- Really Borchetta?!
- Lent a helping hand or two from behind after being front and center

Okay. Haley has appeared already!!! She is my all time favorite and I've been living in Planet Haley as a Halien since season 10. My third all time favorite which I though would appear is Jessica Meuse!!! And thank God that my second all time favorite who is Elise is also still on the running! 🙂

It is good though that my top 4 favorites of all time are in your top 50. Here is my list of favorites! I still have Elise and Jessica!!!

1. Haley Reinhart

2. Elise Testone

3. Jessica Meuse

4. Syesha Mercado

Edited by laumopera

2 hours ago, laumopera said:

- Hmph, some makeover...

1. Ability larger than a body part - Reuben Studdard

2. Tell me where love goes when it's gone - Haley Reinhart :(

3. Kick ... mail service -Vonzell Solomon

4. Wears hometown out front - Fantasia Barrino

5. Hmph, some makeover - Erika Van Pelt

I am sure about Haley and Erika only!!!

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, Crisis said:

025. Erika Van Pelt

024. Ruben Studdard

023. Vonzell Solomon

022. Haley Reinhart

021. Fantasia

-Hmph, some makeover...- Erika Van Pelt. Erika was a contestant who I would probably place in the middle of the pack, as far as S11 contestants go. She had some pretty solid performances, but nothing really stood out to me except her WC performance. All things said, I would have liked to see her outlast Heejun... 😒 Also, I just watched her version of “Glitter in the Air” on the summer tour, and it was wonderful! 👍

-Wears hometown out front- Ruben Studdard. I preferred Clay over Ruben, but I was not outraged by his win. Like you said, it’s not like Ruben delivered consistently terrible performances, and won. I also really liked his performance of “A Whole New World.” 👍

-Kick :censored: mail service- Vonzell Solomon. No comment. 

-“Tell me where love goes when it’s gone...”- Haley Reinhart. Haley delivered two of my favorite Idol performances of all-time (“House of the Rising Sun” and “I (Who Have Nothing)”), so I am pleased to see that she was ranked here. (Though I am more pleased to see that we share a S10 favorite!!! 😁) I actually really enjoyed Haley’s performance of “Falling,” so I wasn’t disappointed to see her get voted through. 😅 “Bennie and the Jets” was really good, but I thought she did better during “HotRS” and “I (WHN).” In terms of the Top 3, she was my pick to win, as I thought she was much better than Lauren and Scotty, but alas, the teen country finale won out... 😕

-Ability larger than a body part- Fantasia. I am not really the biggest fan of Fantasia’s voice, but I cannot deny the amazing vocal ability that she possesses, as shown by her outstanding performance of “Summertime.” The finale decision was tricky for me, since I preferred Diana’s voice, but adored Fantasia’s vocal ability.  😅 I’m glad to see that she was ranked below LaToya London. 👍

Edited by Bk1234
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

025. Erika Van Pelt - Hmph, some makeover... i remember the backlash after she changed her hair.. it was so drastic i think it was the reason people didn't vote. like they didn't recognize her anymore... :dead:

024. Ruben Studdard - - Ability larger than a body part. maybe because of his weight.. didn't watch that season 

023. Vonzell Solomon - Kick:censored: mail service: that one anecdote i remember of her (and don't need wiki for it!!) she was a postwoman before idol!!! can't remember which state she is from, is it florida!? and she did kick ass sometimes.. her most memorable performance was "i have nothing" by whitney houston 

022. Haley Reinhart - "Tell me where love goes when it's gone..." lyrics from a song on her album.. not my fav and would have list her much lower. never liked her trying to be sexy in every performance and her annoying habbit to growl like there something stuck in her throat on every song. even and especially when it is least needed.. 

021. Fantasia - Wears hometown out front: she is from North Carolina and she was inducted to the NC hall of fame. and i agree with you that no one should even attempt at "i believe" at risk of being compared. the only coronation song that worked and she sang the hell of it. it is HER song! :bobo::fantasia:

Edited by blackfield

@laumopera and @Bk1234, both of you are 3/5. 😉

7 hours ago, laumopera said:

Okay. Haley has appeared already!!! She is my all time favorite and I've been living in Planet Haley as a Halien since season 10. My third all time favorite which I though would appear is Jessica Meuse!!! And thank God that my second all time favorite who is Elise is also still on the running! 🙂

It is good though that my top 4 favorites of all time are in your top 50. Here is my list of favorites! I still have Elise and Jessica!!!

1. Haley Reinhart

2. Elise Testone

3. Jessica Meuse

4. Syesha Mercado

Hey having your Top 4 in my Top 50 and your Top 3 in my Top 25 isn't too bad! 😉 We'll see where the remaining two (Elise and Jessica) will end up... 🤔

2 hours ago, Bk1234 said:

-Hmph, some makeover...- Erika Van Pelt. Erika was a contestant who I would probably place in the middle of the pack, as far as S11 contestants go. She had some pretty solid performances, but nothing really stood out to me except her WC performance. All things said, I would have liked to see her outlast Heejun... 😒 Also, I just watched her version of “Glitter in the Air” on the summer tour, and it was wonderful! 👍

-Ability larger than a body part- Ruben Studdard. I preferred Clay over Ruben, but I was not outraged by his win. Like you said, it’s not like Ruben delivered consistently terrible performances, and won. I also really liked his performance of “A Whole New World.” 👍

-Kick :censored: mail service- Vonzell Solomon. No comment. 

-“Tell me where love goes when it’s gone...”- Haley Reinhart. Haley delivered two of my favorite Idol performances of all-time (“House of the Rising Sun” and “I (Who Have Nothing)”), so I am pleased to see that she was ranked here. (Though I am more pleased to see that we share a S10 favorite!!! 😁) I actually really enjoyed Haley’s performance of “Falling,” so I wasn’t disappointed to see her get voted through. 😅 “Bennie and the Jets” was really good, but I thought she did better during “HotRS” and “I (WHN).” In terms of the Top 3, she was my pick to win, as I thought she was much better than Lauren and Scotty, but alas, the teen country finale won out... 😕

-Wears hometown out front- Fantasia. I am not really the biggest fan of Fantasia’s voice, but I cannot deny the amazing vocal ability that she possesses, as shown by her outstanding performance of “Summertime.” The finale decision was tricky for me, since I preferred Diana’s voice, but adored Fantasia’s vocal ability.  😅 I’m glad to see that she was ranked below LaToya London. 👍

Erika: Fair enough about her. I would've liked to see her outlast HeeJun as well, especially considered the performances they each gave. 😒

Ruben: Fair enough about preferring Clay over Ruben, but at least you acknowledge he was a solid contestant. 👍

Haley: Pretty much agree with everything here except for enjoying Fallin'😅 She was my pick of the Top 3 as well, but America decided they wanted the teen country finale...

Fantasia: Fair enough about her. As I mentioned, her voice isn't for everyone, but from what I've seen she is acknowledged for her abilities even from those who don't like it.

6 minutes ago, blackfield said:

025. Erika Van Pelt - Hmph, some makeover... i remember the backlash after she changed her hair.. it was so drastic i think it was the reason people didn't vote. like they didn't recognize her anymore... :dead:

024. Ruben Studdard - - Ability larger than a body part. maybe because of his weight.. didn't watch that season 

023. Vonzell Solomon - Kick:censored: mail service: that one anecdote i remember of her (and don't need wiki for it!!) she was a postwoman before idol!!! can't remember which state she is from, is it florida!? and she did kick ass sometimes.. her most memorable performance was a whitney houston cover.. 

022. Haley Reinhart - "Tell me where love goes when it's gone..." lyrics from a song on her album.. not my fav and would have list her much lower. never liked her trying to be sexy in every performance and her annoying habbit to growl like there something stuck in her throat on every song. even and especially when it is least needed.. 

021. Fantasia - Wears hometown out front: she is from North Carolina and she was inducted to the NC hall of fame. and i agree with you that no one should even attempt at "i believe" at risk of being compared. the only coronation song that worked and she sang the hell of it. it is HER song! :bobo::fantasia:

3/5 on the guesses.

025. Yeah, that may have been a reason :dead:; however, she unfortunately was in the B3 twice before that, so she never really had the support from the voters. 🙁

024. N/A

023. Yes, she was from Florida. Pretty much agree with everything else here.

022. Fair enough. I think that was my main problem with her at least early in the season. However, she grew on me, plus I was intrigued by her underdog status.

021. Pretty much in agreement here!

15 minutes ago, Crisis said:

and @Bk1234, both of you are 3/5. 😉

I swapped around Ruben and Fantasia clues, but knowing me, I probably messed it up more! 😅

35 minutes ago, Crisis said:

3/5 on the guesses.

025. Yeah, that may have been a reason :dead:; however, she unfortunately was in the B3 twice before that, so she never really had the support from the voters. 🙁

024. N/A

023. Yes, she was from Florida. Pretty much agree with everything else here.

022. Fair enough. I think that was my main problem with her at least early in the season. However, she grew on me, plus I was intrigued by her underdog status.

021. Pretty much in agreement here!

would love to know the solutions for the clues because i was certain i got them all right. nothing else makes sense.. 

5 hours ago, Bk1234 said:

I swapped around Ruben and Fantasia clues, but knowing me, I probably messed it up more! 😅

Don't worry; those were the two that needed to be swapped! For the explanations:

- Erika's self-explanatory. She changed her hair style and color during Top 10 Week, which happened to be the week she was eliminated.

- For Ruben, in hindsight I should've said wore instead of wears. During the season, Ruben often wore shirts with the number 205, which is the area code for his hometown Birmingham, AL.

- As @blackfield mentioned, Vonzell was a mail carrier prior to Idol. In addition, she's a black belt martial artist, so the two were combined.

- "Tell me where love goes when it's gone" is the beginning of the chorus of Haley's song Undone from her debut album Listen Up! (which also happens to be my favorite post-Idol song of hers ❤️).

- For Fantasia, during Hollywood she said something along the lines of "my lips are big, but my talent is bigger"; hence the ability bigger than a body part clue.

It looks like the next set won't be up until tomorrow at the earliest; however, I'm going to try to see if I can have it ready by tonight.

50 minutes ago, Crisis said:

Don't worry; those were the two that needed to be swapped! For the explanations:

- Erika's self-explanatory. She changed her hair style and color during Top 10 Week, which happened to be the week she was eliminated.

- For Ruben, in hindsight I should've said wore instead of wears. During the season, Ruben often wore shirts with the number 205, which is the area code for his hometown Birmingham, AL.

- As @blackfield mentioned, Vonzell was a mail carrier prior to Idol. In addition, she's a black belt martial artist, so the two were combined.

- "Tell me where love goes when it's gone" is the beginning of the chorus of Haley's song Undone from her debut album Listen Up! (which also happens to be my favorite post-Idol song of hers ❤️).

- For Fantasia, during Hollywood she said something along the lines of "my lips are big, but my talent is bigger"; hence the ability bigger than a body part clue.

It looks like the next set won't be up until tomorrow at the earliest; however, I'm going to try to see if I can have it ready by tonight.

since i didn't watch season 2 i had no idea about ruben.. and how the heck can you remember what fantasia said!? if it was during her audition then probably why i didn't know about it.. because i only watched from top 12.. 

as for vonzell i just remembered they filmed her at work during her homecoming with the uniform and all. the black belt was hardly mentioned. 

I'm back 🙃

025. Erika Van Pelt - I don't recall my feelings about her too much but I think I kind of liked her but didn't really care much when she was eliminated.

024. Ruben Studdard - I actually really love "Breaking Up Is Hard To Do". It might be my favorite after "Superstar". His voice is just so soothing. I was happy with his win.

023. Vonzell Solomon - She was fun and obviously talented but I wasn't totally in love with her. If she had gone earlier than she did, I would've been OK with that.

022. Haley Reinhart - She grew on me for sure. I remember not liking her at all. Once she started doing the more jazzy tunes, I really started to like her and now she's one of my favorites. I was hoping she'd snag a top 2 spot but unfortunately that was not meant to be.

021. Fantasia - Fantasia's talent is undeniable to me but even though I like her, I still find her voice annoying. 🤣 It's definitely not everyone's cup of tea but I find her so talented and she's a great performer. I was upset when she won because Diana was my favorite but it wasn't a totally disappointing win (and it was well deserved).

6 hours ago, blackfield said:

and how the heck can you remember what fantasia said!? if it was during her audition then probably why i didn't know about it.. because i only watched from top 12.. 

It was something that stood out to me, plus I thought it was hilarious. 😆

3 hours ago, x3 because of u said:

I'm back 🙃

025. Erika Van Pelt - I don't recall my feelings about her too much but I think I kind of liked her but didn't really care much when she was eliminated.

024. Ruben Studdard - I actually really love "Breaking Up Is Hard To Do". It might be my favorite after "Superstar". His voice is just so soothing. I was happy with his win.

023. Vonzell Solomon - She was fun and obviously talented but I wasn't totally in love with her. If she had gone earlier than she did, I would've been OK with that.

022. Haley Reinhart - She grew on me for sure. I remember not liking her at all. Once she started doing the more jazzy tunes, I really started to like her and now she's one of my favorites. I was hoping she'd snag a top 2 spot but unfortunately that was not meant to be.

021. Fantasia - Fantasia's talent is undeniable to me but even though I like her, I still find her voice annoying. 🤣 It's definitely not everyone's cup of tea but I find her so talented and she's a great performer. I was upset when she won because Diana was my favorite but it wasn't a totally disappointing win (and it was well deserved).

Welcome back! :teeheewave:

025. Fair enough

024. Fair enough about Breaking Up Is Hard To Do. Agreed with the last two sentences

023. :( Fair enough though

022. I pretty much felt exactly the same with what was written here

021. Fair enough. I'd like think a lot of people feel the same way about her. 😂 Good to see you think her win was well-deserved even if it was against your favorite.

I know I said I would probably have the next set up tomorrow at the earliest. However, I just finished the last write-up and may be able to post it tonight. I have to do something first and if not too tired, I'll post it. 👍

I'm going to post the new set now. For 20-16:

- I can do this alone!
- Boxer briefs
- Really Borchetta?!
- Lent a helping hand or two from behind after being front and center

20. Chris Daughtry: Season 5 (4th Place)

rs-235383-DAUGHTRY_MM16720.jpg

Kicking off the Top 20 is the rocker from S5. Chris was a strong contestant with a great voice and stage presence who many thought had a very good chance of winning the season. It was thought he was the most marketable contestant mainly because his genre was very much in style at the time. If there was one criticism I had of him, he was prone to overdoing the screaming at times, which I didn’t care for too much. Regarding his time on Idol, he started off by singing Wanted Dead Or Alive, which was a very strong performance and one of the best, if not the best, of the evening. He would follow that the following week with a kick:censored: performance of Hemorrhage (In My Hands), which would be my overall favorite of his. Based on his first two performances, it was easy to see why he was considered a favorite that season. He followed that up with Broken, which would be his weakest in the semis; however, it was still very good. The following week he would sing Higher Ground, which was another strong performance, though I felt he had the most predictable song choice of the week because the RHCP covered it and therefore, it fit him the best. He would give another solid performance the following week with I Walk The Line, though there was some controversy surrounding it. The judges thought Chris came up with a different arrangement of the song himself when in reality, he was using Live’s arrangement. It would be addressed the following night (or the following week, I can’t remember) where Chris admitted he used Live’s arrangement. He would give one of his worst performances the week after with What If. For starters, he picked a Creed song, which ugh 🤮. Second, he screamed the song and I cracked up at the looks he was giving the camera; it was certainly a mess. He would rebound the next week with Making Memories Of Us, which showed a different softer side of him; this would be followed by Innuendo, for which he was accused of being indulgent because he picked a more obscure Queen song. He would then come back with What A Wonderful World the following week, which was a good performance; however, he would find himself in the B2 the next night. The week after he would sing Have You Ever Really Loved A Woman, which was good until he screamed the ending; I guess he couldn’t help himself. 😅 Chris would have mixed results the following week. His first performance, Renegade, was very strong; however, his second one, I Dare You, was painful to watch. He screamed the song, and I thought he was going to blow out his voice. To me, it was obvious there was still some wear and tear on his voice the following week because he still sounded hoarse. As for his performances, Suspicious Minds was solid; however, A Little Less Conversation was his worst of the season; in fact, he made me miss JPL, which is not a good thing, BTW 😣. He lacked energy in the first half and screamed the second half. Despite this, people thought he still had a chance to win; however, that wasn’t in the cards as he was eliminated the following night in what is considered to be one of the most shocking eliminations in Idol history. Personally, I wasn’t surprised at the time; I would even go as far as saying I saw it coming. Also, at the time I thought while it may have been disappointing to him, it would be the best thing to happen to him, which certainly happened to be the case. He went on to form a band, which was good because I always thought he was more of a front man than solo artist and went on to become one of the bestselling acts in Idol history. Despite not taking the crown, Chris is considered to be the biggest winner from the season, and I’d like to think he’s just fine with that. 😄

19. Bo Bice: Season 4 (2nd Place)

519667772_bo-bice-zoom-5133b010-206d-45c1-ad8c-df08e80ff06d.jpg

With Bo’s appearance, S4 is officially completed. A storyline of S4 was the two 28 who turned 29 during the season rockers competing (this was the first season when the maximum age limit was raised from 24 to 28). Constantine was the “hard rocker” whereas Bo was more of a southern rocker. Based on the rankings, it’s obvious to see which one I preferred. Bo was perhaps the most consistent contestant during S4 and based on his body of work, would’ve made a solid winner, though it was later revealed Carrie ran away with the thing. Bo started off his run with a very solid performance of Drift Away, although it’s a song I don’t care for mainly due to it being overplayed. However, it was his following performance, Whipping Post, that made me really take notice of him. That was just a great performance all the way around. He followed that up with I’ll Be, which was fine, though as with Drift Away, it was a song I was tired of hearing. He would make the finals where he would give another favorite performance of mine with Spinning Wheel. I liked his next two performances Time In A Bottle and Remedy fine enough; however, I didn’t care for Corner In The Sky during Top 9 and based on his body language, Bo didn’t either, for it looked like he completely mailed that one in. :haha: The following week he sang Free Bird which I feel is perhaps his most underrated performance because for some reason that one gets bashed quite a bit. It was also the week where he landed in the B2, but he managed to make it to the following week. There were some conspiracies floating around that the show deliberately placed him there in order to drum up more support from him, but I didn’t place any credence in them. Anyway, he would follow that week with another strong performance with Vehicle, though it was thought Bo skirted the theme. Hey, the theme was 70s Dance Music, not Disco, so I saw no issues with it. 🤷‍♂️ It appeared that B2 appearance was a good kick in the rear end because Bo would go on to give three more great performances with I Don’t Want To Be, Stand By Me, and Heaven. Bo would go on to have a solid Top 4 with It’s A Great Day To Be Alive and For The Love Of Money, with the latter being my favorite of the two. Nonetheless, it would be Top 3 where Bo would have one of the most iconic moments in Idol history. His first performance, Don’t Let The Sun Go Down On Me, was a very strong effort; however, it would look like child’s play compared to his next performance In A Dream. Of course, the most memorable part about this performance was Bo singing the whole song a Capella, which is incredibly risky because every vocal flaw would be front and center without any accompanying music to cover them. Nevertheless, Bo went out and gave a near flawless vocal; I believe he said in an interview he and the band couldn’t come up with an arrangement that would suit him, but he really wanted to sing the song and decided to go the a Capella route. Regardless, the risk paid off big time. His following performance (I Can’t Get No) Satisfaction was OK, though it was clearly the weakest of the three. He would go on to the finals where he had a mixed night. The main thing I remember was him looking like his soul was slowly dying while singing Inside Your Heaven; that was a song clearly written with Carrie in mind. 😂 Nonetheless, he would place second, which appeared to be fine with him because at the time he said he hoped he didn’t win. Bo went on to have somewhat of a mixed career post-Idol. His first album was a disappointment because it was a pop driven record that didn’t suit Bo at all; I also know he went on to be the front man of Blood, Sweat, & Tears for a while; outside of that, I’m not sure what he’s been up to. Overall, Bo was a strong performer who I enjoyed enough to make him my S4 favorite.

18. La'Porsha Renae: Season 15 (2nd Place)

LaPorsha-Renae-press-photo-cr-Jason-Clark-Fotos-2017-billboard-1548-compressed.jpg

Here we have the second consecutive second place finisher who was my favorite from a season. La’Porsha was a very powerful singer who many thought, including myself, would win the crown. She certainly had a strong case for doing so; by the time the finals roll around, it was clear to see it was going to come down between her and Trent. Her run began with Proud Mary in the semis. Vocally, it was fine; however, to me it looked as if La’Porsha was trying too hard to impersonate Tina and as a result, it didn’t come off as natural. With all of that said, it was still one of the better performances of the evening. Next, she would perform a Summertime duet with Fantasia, which had to have been daunting seeing that it is considered to be one of the greatest performances in Idol history when Fantasia did it back in S3. Nonetheless, the duet was really good, though it was easy to see Fantasia held back and allowed La’Porsha to shine, for I believe (no pun intended) Fantasia knew it was La’Porsha’s moment and she already had her time in the sun. La’Porsha would then be picked to be a part of the Top 14 where she would receive a Fast Pass and not have to sing that week. The next time La’Porsha took the stage, however, she showed why she was a worthy recipient of the Fast Pass because she brought the HOUSE down with Diamonds; to me it came off as if I was watching a La’Porsha Renae concert instead of her competing on Idol. I believe it was that moment when I started rooting for her to take the crown. She would come back the following week with a solid performance of Halo, which would be followed by a strong performance of Come Together. I also enjoyed Ready For Love and especially her other performance that evening No More Drama, in which it was easy to see she absolutely felt that one; it was as if I was watching someone going through a soul cleansing process. I would put it right up there with Diamonds. I liked her two performances the following week Wanted Dead Or Alive and Elastic Heart. The following week she would have a great performance with Glory and a solid one with Hello; however, I want to focus on Stay With Me. This was the song Borchetta picked for La’Porsha to sing, which I felt was incredibly tone deaf on his behalf. Here we have La’Porsha, who was going through a divorce and escaping an abusive relationship being forced to sing a song about a woman who was begging a lousy, no good, poor excuse of a man not to leave her. 😕 La’Porsha did what she could with it; however, it was clear to see she wasn’t too fond of having to sing it. She expressed her concerns and made it clear she didn’t like having to sing the song. What does Borchetta say? While chuckling, he said he guess he had to beg her to sing the song. 🤬 At the time, I was still rooting for La’Porsha to win; however, I was starting to think she may be better off not winning and having to work with someone like him. Getting back to her Idol journey, I remember really liking Battles; I would say it’s one of my favorite coronation songs, and I thought it felt La’Porsha to a T. She also had two solid performances that evening with A House Is Not A Home and her reprise of Diamonds. I would say that was one of the closest Top 2 showings on Idol; not one person seemed to be head and shoulders above the other. Nonetheless, as I mentioned in his write-up, I thought Trent won the crown with his reprise of Chandelier, which meant La’Porsha would finish as the runner up. Despite her second place finish, she still ended up being signed to Big Machine Records and released an album in 2017, which I’ve been meaning to listen to and haven’t got around to it yet. I know she said some things that were anti-LGBTQ, which was disappointing to see, though I believe she has since retracted them. Nonetheless, La’Porsha was someone I enjoyed a lot and easily consider her my favorite S15 contestant.

17. Allison Iraheta: Season 8 (4th Place)

allison-iraheta-lgbt-center-s-an-evening

With Allison’s appearance, all of S8 has been accounted for. Throughout the years, Idol has had a number of teenagers who while talented, have struggled on the show mainly because the two things they seemed to lack were a set musical identity and experience. Allison, however, didn’t seem to have any of those problems; I would go as far as saying she was the best teenage contestant Idol has ever had, which appeared to be the sentiment in other circles as well. She was clearly this pop-rock performer who looked comfortable on stage and was someone I looked forward to watching every week along with Megan. As for her Idol run, I don’t believe Allison was shown at all before the semifinals. Speaking of the semis, she certainly made a statement with her performance of Alone as a part of Group 2. At the time, I was rooting for Megan to be the top female vote getter out of the group; however, I thought to myself it would be a shame if Allison didn’t get voted through to the finals based on her performance. Fortunately, she was voted through, and I made it a point to keep an eye on her to see how well should do from that point on. Well, she got off to a strong start with her performance of Give In To Me in the first round of the finals. I also liked Blame It On Your Heart the following week and especially Papa Was A Rolling Stone the week after; I would probably say that was my favorite performance of hers all season. The following week, however, she would give what I felt was one of her weaker performances with Don’t Speak. It certainly didn’t measure up to her previous efforts, plus the guitar was distracting seeing she didn’t play it all that much. She would end up in the B3 but managed to stay for another week, where she would redeem herself with I Can’t Make You Love Me, which was a really nice vocal. The following week she would sing I Don’t Want To Miss A Thing, which was OK all things considered; however, I absolutely loved her rock version of Hot Stuff, though that song seemed to be inappropriate for her. Someone To Watch Over Me was another performance of hers I highly enjoyed because it showed Allison could do more than the hard rock stuff, and I completely disagreed with Simon’s comments regarding it and Allison in general. The following week she would give what was probably her most underrated performance with Cry Baby. I thought she did a great job with and was upset with the judges’ comments regarding it. It was as if they were going out of their way to find something to criticize, whereas they were going out of their way to find excuses for Danny after he butchered Dream On😐 I also highly enjoyed the Slow Ride duet with Adam later on that evening; it was clear those two had great chemistry as opposed to the Kris/Danny duet. Unfortunately, it wasn’t enough as she was eliminated the following night, which was considered to be an outrage at the time. Her swan song was definitely one of the most powerful and emotionally driven ones in Idol history. Post-Idol, I know Allison released a solo album and two more with her band Halo Circus. The main thing she’s probably known for is being a background singer during the last few seasons on the FOX rendition of Idol (I think she was the reason Dexter’s One Mississippi sounded good). Overall, based on everything, there was a reason Allison was the last girl standing in S8 and the last S8 contestant to appear in this ranking.

16. Melinda Doolittle: Season 6 (3rd Place)

636209595422413319-Doolittle-2-1-.jpg

Melinda is considered to be one of the best vocalists Idol’s ever had, and I’m inclined to agree 100%. She showed great versatility and the ability to handle just about anything thrown at her; I’d like to think being a background singer for so many artists for years helped her out (though that didn’t help Brandon much, LOL). The main thing people had a problem with regarding her is that it was thought her shy humble mannerisms off the stage was an act because she would transform into this confident performer on it. Anyway, she started her Idol run with (Sweet Sweet Baby) Since You’ve Been Gone, which was a strong effort. She would come back the following week with My Funny Valentine, which was nothing less than a vocal masterclass. However, she would give my personal favorite performance of hers with I’m A Woman. She brought the sass, confidence, and vocals to it, and it’s one I often watch repeatedly. ❤️ In the finals, she started off with two strong performances with Home and As Long As He Needs Me, though to be honest, I found the former kind of boring and as for the latter, as I mentioned earlier, I preferred Nadia’s version; that doesn’t mean they weren’t sung well because they were. Heaven Knows was a fun number, which was a nice change of pace from the previous two weeks, and I’ve Got Rhythm was another great performance from her in the subsequent week. The following week, however, Melinda would have her first “misstep” with Sway. Vocally, it was on point as usual; however, she looked awkward trying to bring out the sexiness in her. Nonetheless, she gave what I thought was the best performance on an otherwise lackluster night with Trouble Is A Woman the following week, despite it being a song so obscure that even Martina McBride never heard of it. She would then give what I thought was the best performance of the night with There Will Come A Day during Idol Gives Back. Have A Nice Day was another strong number for her; to think she was so unsure she would do a great job because she didn’t know much about Bon Jovi. The following week, she would sing Love You Inside Out and How Can You Mend A Broken Heart, with the former being her weakest performance of the season; still, it was better than anything Blake and LaKisha did that night. She had a solid night during Top 3 as I enjoyed all three of her performances. It was thought Melinda would be a shoe in for the finale; however, that wasn’t the case as she would be eliminated the next night. I think Simon knew the results ahead of time because he was in a foul mood the entire night. So why did Melinda fall short? One theory is that as great as she was, she may have come off as too old-fashioned whereas Blake and Jordin were younger and more contemporary. Another is voters thinking she would be fine and therefore, they decided to vote more for their secondary favorites, which meant Melinda may have slipped through the cracks. Either way, it was disappointing not to see her in the finale, though there was the moment where she had this look while in the seats during Jordin’s This Is My Now performance 😆 (I can't seem to find a picture of it though 💔). Post-Idol, I know she released an album; however, she may be known mainly for co-hosting Idology/Reality Check with Michael Slezak (ugh, why couldn’t they have kept Kristen Baldwin instead). Either way, Melinda was a world class vocalist and someone I really liked to watch on Idol.

020. Chris Daughtry

019. Bo Bice

018. La'Porsha Renae

017. Allison Iraheta

016. Melinda Doolittle

Here's an update list of my favorites per season since one more has been revealed (which is probably the biggest WTF one 🤭) and three more season have been completely ranked:

S01:

S05:

S06: Haley Scarnato

S07:

The clues for the last set before the Top 10; this will be the final set of clues I'll post in this ranking:

- Talking tunes?
- Great expectations & letdowns
- From flexible body to flexible vocals
- Queen of NHL royalty
- The first 'original' finalist

I won't post the next set until the weekend, hopefully by Saturday evening.

Posted (edited)

this set is extremely hard for me as you put 3 of my favs in it.. but let me go. i added my guesses at the clues in the description: 

020. Chris Daughtry - Boxer briefs: i remember he was asked about it on the show and that was his answer.. really people!? anyways chris was one of my all time fav contestants although i am not a big fan of his post idol music. but i still follow him and check him out. he had one of the best voices that season. and i loved almost all of his performances. and his elimination stang hard as i wanted him in the finale with either kat or taylor. but not winning actually worked better for him. 

019. Bo Bice - I can do this alone! his acapella performance is considered one of the best in idol history. another fav of mine along with constantine. whom i enjoyed both equally. yet it didn't seem he took the competition seriously so they had to put him in the bottom 2 to force him to work harder. and like with carrie i enjoyed him more from top 5 onwards when he gave 3 weeks of solid performances. also his rendition of "i don't want to be" is still considered the best of all. i wasn't following much after idol but i loved his duet with jess meuse on her album. they sound really good together. 

018. La'Porsha Renae - Really Borchetta?! that clue was a given. borchetta was a douche bag for forcing her to sing that song. as her story is hard enough. yet her baby girl is adorable! she wasn't one of my favs (you know it was dalton) but i love how close the contestants on that season were especially the top 3. 

017. Allison Iraheta - Lent a helping hand or two from behind after being front and center. one of my most fav  contestants whom i still follow. it was hard to see her slip back to backing vocal on idol after being the lead. yet at the beginning in the semis i was rooting for jessica langseth to move forward but allison won me over from top 12 onwards. and i agree she is the best teen to compete, knowing who she is. her best performance was also her last with cry baby and i agree with what you wrote above, that the judges were trying hard to find something to criticize her while giving an excuse for danny butchering dream on. and she owned her duet with adam. definitely an idol moment with that cute hug at the end :hug:her crying during the elimination song made it only better. loved her music with halo circus. they had some really good songs. 

016. Melinda Doolittle - Should've won according to a judge. yes simon wanted her to win and was cranky when she got eliminated. but i didn't watch that season. i didn't like anyone on it except for 1 or 2 in the semis. i hated the faces she used to make after EVERY F:censored:ING performance!! she never seemed genuine. 

so now we have 3 (!!!) favs in common. 

so i was right and kat is your season 5 fav. and david cook season 7.. just admit it. 

from season 1 it is between kelly and tamyra. 

let me just end with this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WE_JNSiIq2M

Edited by blackfield
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

020. Chris Daughtry

019. Bo Bice

018. La'Porsha Renae

017. Allison Iraheta

016. Melinda Doolittle

I think @blackfield did a good job with the clues, so I’ll just share my opinions. 👍

Chris Daughtry- I know I’m gonna get a lot of hate for this one, but I think Hemorrhage (In My Hands) is one of the most overrated Idol performances. 😅 It just doesn’t go anywhere for me. It’s not very dynamic so Chris just seems like he’s yelling throughout the whole thing... 😕 Anyway, I’m glad to see Chris is successful and well! 😀 I don’t know if this is true, but I remember reading somewhere that American Idol was considering getting Chris as a judge, but Taylor Hicks spoke out, saying that he was the winner, so he should be asked. :/ 

Bo Bice- In A Dream was very impressive, though I always preferred Carrie over him. 😅

La’Porsha Renae- I would have preferred her to win over Trent, but I didn’t really care, since Dalton and MacKenzie were out of the running. 🙁 Diamonds was a winner performance. 👌 I’m still disgusted by Borchetta’s actions... 😒

Allison Iraheta- My second favorite from Season 8 (literally her and Kris were the only two I looked forward to, since Adam was a hit or miss, and everyone else didn’t vibe with me, though I will admit Megan intrigued me after her cawing! 😂) My favorite performance of hers would have to be Papa Was A Rolling Stone. I don’t want to agree with you about her being the best teenager, since I liked another one better, but Allison would definitely be my second pick! 😅 I will forever thank her for making Dexter a Roberts sound good. 👏

Melinda Doolittle- I think you’re spot on about the reason why she wasn’t in the finale. Poor Simon... 😂

Edited by Bk1234

6 hours ago, blackfield said:

so i was right and kat is your season 5 fav.

Don’t forget, Elliott Yamin is still in the running for Season 5! 😄

18 minutes ago, Bk1234 said:

Don’t forget, Elliott Yamin is still in the running for Season 5! 😄

wasn't he already mentioned? but i stick with my guts that it is kat. 

Sorry that I was so late to comment on the rankings from 25-21.  I was very busy with an online version of The Mole.  But here goes:

Erika:  I liked her okay.  Unfortunately for her, she was solid but rarely spectacular and that didn’t help her when few were crashing and burning.

Ruben:  I liked him, although I preferred Clay, so I wasn’t too upset when he won.

Vonzell:  she was my second favorite after Nadia.  But she was up against Bo and Carrie, and they just did better or were more popular.

Haley:  People have said that the judges bussed her and they might have been right. I thought that she should get in over Lauren at least.

Fantasia:  My second favorite after LaToya.  I was fine with her winning.

Posted (edited)
48 minutes ago, blackfield said:

wasn't he already mentioned? but i stick with my guts that it is kat. 

I hope you’re right, though Elliott might be my second favorite from that season! 😅

Edited by Bk1234

13 hours ago, blackfield said:

this set is extremely hard for me as you put 3 of my favs in it.. but let me go. i added my guesses at the clues in the description: 

020. Chris Daughtry - Boxer briefs: i remember he was asked about it on the show and that was his answer.. really people!? anyways chris was one of my all time fav contestants although i am not a big fan of his post idol music. but i still follow him and check him out. he had one of the best voices that season. and i loved almost all of his performances. and his elimination stang hard as i wanted him in the finale with either kat or taylor. but not winning actually worked better for him. 

019. Bo Bice - I can do this alone! his acapella performance is considered one of the best in idol history. another fav of mine along with constantine. whom i enjoyed both equally. yet it didn't seem he took the competition seriously so they had to put him in the bottom 2 to force him to work harder. and like with carrie i enjoyed him more from top 5 onwards when he gave 3 weeks of solid performances. also his rendition of "i don't want to be" is still considered the best of all. i wasn't following much after idol but i loved his duet with jess meuse on her album. they sound really good together. 

018. La'Porsha Renae - Really Borchetta?! that clue was a given. borchetta was a douche bag for forcing her to sing that song. as her story is hard enough. yet her baby girl is adorable! she wasn't one of my favs (you know it was dalton) but i love how close the contestants on that season were especially the top 3. 

017. Allison Iraheta - Lent a helping hand or two from behind after being front and center. one of my most fav  contestants whom i still follow. it was hard to see her slip back to backing vocal on idol after being the lead. yet at the beginning in the semis i was rooting for jessica langseth to move forward but allison won me over from top 12 onwards. and i agree she is the best teen to compete, knowing who she is. her best performance was also her last with cry baby and i agree with what you wrote above, that the judges were trying hard to find something to criticize her while giving an excuse for danny butchering dream on. and she owned her duet with adam. definitely an idol moment with that cute hug at the end :hug:her crying during the elimination song made it only better. loved her music with halo circus. they had some really good songs. 

016. Melinda Doolittle - Should've won according to a judge. yes simon wanted her to win and was cranky when she got eliminated. but i didn't watch that season. i didn't like anyone on it except for 1 or 2 in the semis. i hated the faces she used to make after EVERY F:censored:ING performance!! she never seemed genuine. 

so now we have 3 (!!!) favs in common. 

so i was right and kat is your season 5 fav. and david cook season 7.. just admit it. 

from season 1 it is between kelly and tamyra. 

let me just end with this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WE_JNSiIq2M

First, 5/5 on the  guesses! Oof at posting 3 of your all time favorites in the set, but at least it's Top 20 instead of anything lower.

020. Can't say I disagree with what was written here, except I would replace Taylor with Elliott.

019. Agreed with most of what was written, with the exception of liking Constantine as evident by this list, lol.

018. Agree with Borchetta being a douchebag and how close the Top 3 appeared to be

017. Pretty much agree with everything here, though I haven't checked out any of her Halo Circus material; something else to add to the list, lol

016. Yeah, the faces were fine the first couple of times, but admittedly they started to be annoying every time after; I was like own your abilities. Still, I loved her.

I will neither confirm nor deny my favorites. 😉

7 hours ago, Bk1234 said:

I think @blackfield did a good job with the clues, so I’ll just share my opinions. 👍

Chris Daughtry- I know I’m gonna get a lot of hate for this one, but I think Hemorrhage (In My Hands) is one of the most overrated Idol performances. 😅 It just doesn’t go anywhere for me. It’s not very dynamic so Chris just seems like he’s yelling throughout the whole thing... 😕 Anyway, I’m glad to see Chris is successful and well! 😀 I don’t know if this is true, but I remember reading somewhere that American Idol was considering getting Chris as a judge, but Taylor Hicks spoke out, saying that he was the winner, so he should be asked. :/ 

Bo Bice- In A Dream was very impressive, though I always preferred Carrie over him. 😅

La’Porsha Renae- I would have preferred her to win over Trent, but I didn’t really care, since Dalton and MacKenzie were out of the running. 🙁 Diamonds was a winner performance. 👌 I’m still disgusted by Borchetta’s actions... 😒

Allison Iraheta- My second favorite from Season 8 (literally her and Kris were the only two I looked forward to, since Adam was a hit or miss, and everyone else didn’t vibe with me, though I will admit Megan intrigued me after her cawing! 😂) My favorite performance of hers would have to be Papa Was A Rolling Stone. I don’t want to agree with you about her being the best teenager, since I liked another one better, but Allison would definitely be my second pick! 😅 I will forever thank her for making Dexter a Roberts sound good. 👏

Melinda Doolittle- I think you’re spot on about the reason why she wasn’t in the finale. Poor Simon... 😂

Chris: Uh-oh, to quote Jordin, "better go and get your armor!" 😂 All kidding aside, fair enough about the performance. I remember Taylor saying something along those lines as well. 😐

Bo: Yes In A Dream was very impressive. Fair enough about preferring Carrie over him; after all, most of America did as well. 😂

La'Porsha: Fair enough. Agree with Diamonds being a winner performance and still being disgusted by Borchetta's actions. 😒

Allison: Of course I know who you think the best teenager on Idol was. 😉 Yes to the last sentence! :lmao:

Melinda: I would say poor Simon; however, *mini spoiler* after the way he acted that season, I can't say I felt sorry for him...

6 hours ago, CarmenSandiego said:

Sorry that I was so late to comment on the rankings from 25-21.  I was very busy with an online version of The Mole.  But here goes:

Erika:  I liked her okay.  Unfortunately for her, she was solid but rarely spectacular and that didn’t help her when few were crashing and burning.

Ruben:  I liked him, although I preferred Clay, so I wasn’t too upset when he won.

Vonzell:  she was my second favorite after Nadia.  But she was up against Bo and Carrie, and they just did better or were more popular.

Haley:  People have said that the judges bussed her and they might have been right. I thought that she should get in over Lauren at least.

Fantasia:  My second favorite after LaToya.  I was fine with her winning.

That's fine. 👍 Is this The Mole from the TV show?

Erika: Fair enough about her

Ruben: Fair enough about him

Vonzell: Pretty much agree with everything except she was my second favorite after Bo.

Haley: Pretty much agree. I would've liked to seen her in the finals over Lauren as well (apologies to @miss denise 💔)

Fantasia: Agree with everything here.

020. Chris Daughtry - He would've been my winner. I'm mad he also missed out on the "The Masked Singer" crown. 😅 He's so crazy talented. I remember having so many audios of his live performances on my iPod.

019. Bo Bice - So good too! I LOVE Vehicle. Still watch it from time to time on Youtube. He had a very well-deserved spot in the final 2.

018. La'Porsha Renae - I remember not wanting her to win. 😅 If i recall correctly, I felt like the judges raved about her too much. However, she's obviously crazy talented. I just preferred a Trent win.

017. Allison Iraheta - I didn't like any of her live performances but did enjoy her studio of "Crybaby". Also loved the duet with Adam.

016. Melinda Doolittle - As mentioned before, I think she should've been in the finals with Jordin. She is a phenomenal singer (I love "Home" 🙃) and she's just an all-around sweetheart. She also took my first ever picture with Jordin, so she has a soft spot in my heart.

6 hours ago, x3 because of u said:

020. Chris Daughtry - He would've been my winner. I'm mad he also missed out on the "The Masked Singer" crown. 😅 He's so crazy talented. I remember having so many audios of his live performances on my iPod.

019. Bo Bice - So good too! I LOVE Vehicle. Still watch it from time to time on Youtube. He had a very well-deserved spot in the final 2.

018. La'Porsha Renae - I remember not wanting her to win. 😅 If i recall correctly, I felt like the judges raved about her too much. However, she's obviously crazy talented. I just preferred a Trent win.

017. Allison Iraheta - I didn't like any of her live performances but did enjoy her studio of "Crybaby". Also loved the duet with Adam.

016. Melinda Doolittle - As mentioned before, I think she should've been in the finals with Jordin. She is a phenomenal singer (I love "Home" 🙃) and she's just an all-around sweetheart. She also took my first ever picture with Jordin, so she has a soft spot in my heart.

020. Pete And Pete Reaction GIF I haven't gotten around to watching that season yet (though to be fair, I was spoiled while looking for a picture of him for his write-up :lmao:). Agree about him being so crazy talented.

019. Pretty much agree with everything here

018. Fair enough

017. :( At least you liked her studio version of Cry Baby and her duet with Adam

016. Pretty much agree here. That was nice of her to take your first picture with Jordin. 😊

First, 5/5 on the  guesses! Oof at posting 3 of your all time favorites in the set, but at least it's Top 20 instead of anything lower.

I will neither confirm nor deny my favorites. 😉

yeah. at least some of my favs are in your top 20..

i will let you guess which 3 of season favs we have in common.. 

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, blackfield said:

i will let you guess which 3 of season favs we have in common.. 

If I had to guess, the three shared favorites are Bo Bice, Allison Iraheta, and Jessica Meuse. 

Also, @Crisis you have inspired me to begin working on something to do with Idol finalists on here. It is NOT a ranking because you just did one, and since I don’t have as good as a memory,  I would have to watch all the seasons (again or for the first time), which I don’t feel like doing... 😅 (right now I’m watching S8). 

Edited by Bk1234