idolforums.com
Sign in to follow this  
Crisis

Crisis On Hand: An American Idol Finalists Ranking List

060. Carly Smithson- Who needs advice? she refused to take simon advice throughout the competition. 

059. Adam Lambert-  Idol royalty and The greatest singer to set foot on the Idol stage!! I will not comment on the others as they deserve the ranking. but I will comment on Adam. HOW DARE YOU YOU PUT HIM SO LOW!!? :no::mad:he should be in the top 10 of idol of all time. both idol royalty and one of the best singer on that show ever. I understand that it is a love or hate thing with him but I loved him and his performances. the only thing that bothered me was the overpraising that sometimes came over others who where worthy as well. not winning idol eventually helped  and benefited him. the others on that list don't hold candle to him!! 

058. LaKisha Jones 

057. Joshua Ledet "All you gotta do is smile that smile, and there go all my defenses..."

056. Phillip Phillips- Nothing to pawn here...

Posted (edited)

Let's see who misses out on my Top 50. Clues for 55-51:

- A song title that definitely came true on this finalist's Idol run
- This finalist always seems to finish 2nd no matter what
- This finalist certainly didn't lack a vital organ
- Not quite nirvana
- Where's the country?

55. Anoop Desai: Season 8 (6th Place)

MV5BMWFkYjU1NWItOWU2ZC00NzEwLWFiNDUtNDk0Y2M3OGU1MmU1XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTA5NjY0MjUx._V1_SY1000_CR0,0,1499,1000_AL_.jpg

Leading off this set is another S8 finalist. It’s time for Anoop aka Noop Dawg to bark his way into this countdown. Anoop’s strong suit were definitely ballads; he really had a nice voice for them. On the flip side, his biggest weakness were up-tempo numbers; I think the main problem he had was trying too hard to look like he was having fun with them. I also remember Simon being really tough on him for some reason. For his Idol run, like Matt Giraud, Anoop was someone who I was looking forward to when the competition started. He started off with Angel Of Mine, which was fine all things considered; however, I felt he was capable of being better. Still, I would’ve liked for him to advance based on the rest of the performances that night. Unfortunately, that wasn’t the case; nonetheless, Anoop was invited to perform in the WC Round where he performed My Prerogative, which would be his best up-tempo performance of the season. What I didn’t care for was the judges toying with Anoop when they told him the Top 12 was decided, implying he wouldn’t be in the finals, only to tell him they were having a Top 13 and he would be a part of it. Regardless, Anoop was in the finals where he sang Beat It during the Top 13. It was a pretty bad effort, and Simon was all like we would’ve been right excluding you if we didn’t have a Top 13. He definitely rebounded the following week with Always On My Mind, which is probably my favorite of his. His next performance of Ooh Baby Baby was fine; however, the following performance Caught Up was another mess. I thought Kara hit the nail on the head when she said he came across as a frat boy who was dared by other frat members to go on stage and sing (well, he was in college at the time, so it made perfect sense :haha:). He went back into his ballad box the next two weeks and gave solid performances of True Colors and Everything I Do (I Do It For You). His next performance, Dim All The Nights, I felt was underrated and one of the two up-tempo numbers he did well. Of course, Simon hated it, though the other three liked it. It would be his last as he was eliminated along with Lil in a double elimination since Matt was saved the week before. Post-Idol, I know he goes by TOTEM and has released music under that name, though I haven’t heard any of it. Despite his struggles with up-tempos, I liked Anoop during his time on Idol.

54. Jeremiah Lloyd Harmon: Season 17 (6th Place)

image_6483441 (1).JPG

We go from one 6th placer to another. Jeremiah was a very strong singer and appeared to be a talented songwriter as well. With that said, the main criticism I have of him is his voice can be really strident when he goes high; it was definitely my least favorite part of his range. In addition, though no fault of Jeremiah’s, I didn’t care for the show shoving his background and issues with his parents about his sexuality down our throats. While I get it’s a part of Jeremiah’s story, I thought they went overboard with it. 🙄 With that said, I’m going to focus on Jeremiah as an Idol contestant. Jeremiah was a very consistent contestant with a portfolio of strong performances; I can’t recall him ever really having a bad one. He started off strongly with To Make You Feel My Love in the semis. He followed that up with a great Time After Time duet with Cynthia Erivo, who was a really gracious and generous partner. She didn’t try to overpower him, plus you can see her guiding him at the end when the performance was wrapping up. Jeremiah was a no-brainer to move on to the Top 14, where he sang We All Fall In Love Sometimes, which was another solid performance from him. I liked his Disney performance Candle On The Water; however, I didn’t care for Who Wants To Live Forever the following week. Having said that, it wasn’t because of anything Jeremiah did; I actually thought he sang it really well. It’s just that while WWTLF is a great song, it’s not a great song to sing on Idol because it’s one that requires a slow, powerful buildup which leads to an explosive finish, and that is something that really can’t be done in ninety seconds or however long contestants have to perform. At this time, the knock on Jeremiah was that he did nothing but ballads up to that point. He decided to address that by performing Swing Low, Sweet Chariot the following week, going back to his church roots. He followed that up with Somewhere, which was another strong showing and perhaps my favorite. The main thing that is probably remembered about that week was the results and what happened after. Jeremiah and Laci were the B2; however, the save was still in play. It was thought the judges would use the save and then use it on Jeremiah. While the first half of the sentence was true, the second half was off because the judges opted to save Laci instead, meaning Jeremiah, who many thought – myself included – would at least be in the finale, ended up leaving in sixth place. Looking back, based on his body language and facial expressions I think Jeremiah knew Laci would be saved instead of him. That B2 hurt because they were my Top 2 of the season; nevertheless, out of the two though I liked Laci more, I would’ve saved Jeremiah because he had a stronger track record let alone a stronger night. I guess the judges didn’t want Madison to be the lone girl in the Top 5, I don’t know. 🤷‍♂️ Either way, Jeremiah was a strong contestant who unfortunately had a disappointing end to his run. Speaking of Laci…

53. Laci Kaye Booth: Season 17 (4th/5th Place)

5f7b0f_b04610c227e44210b25703d43f7ef933~mv2.webp

With Laci’s appearance, this means S17 is the first season to be completely ranked. This doesn’t mean S17 is my least favorite season, however, though it would probably be in the bottom half if not somewhere around the halfway point. Still, it probably doesn’t look good that all of the contestants from the season were ranked before the Top 50. :haha: Regarding Laci, while she didn’t have the strongest voice, she had this haunting raspy quality I was enamored with, plus it didn’t hurt I thought she was very attractive (though she could've laid off the spray tan a tad). Another thing I liked about her was that she wasn’t afraid to pick songs that weren’t in her preferred genre and rearrange them to suit her the best. This was evident during the semifinals when she sang I Want You To Want Me. It was certainly a haunting performance and a different take on the song. She went on to the Top 14 where she sang I Miss You, which was another performance I enjoyed. I didn’t care too much for her Disney effort, but I absolutely loved The Love Of My Life the following week. More than anyone that evening, I think Laci picked the best song for her; it was my favorite performance of the night as well as my personal favorite of hers overall. After that, I thought she had a strong chance of being the last female standing that season. Unfortunately, the following week Laci took quite a tumble. To Love Somebody was one of her worst performances of the season, and Open Arms was just a bad song choice in general. That’s a song that requires some powerful vocals which Laci didn’t possess, which isn’t necessarily a bad thing; at the very least she could’ve rearranged it to suit her voice better. I guess because the theme was Showstoppers she felt she had to pick a big song even if it wasn’t the most practical. It sorts of reminded me of Majesty’s ill-advised Let It Go, though not anywhere near as bad. She would eventually be in the B2 with Jeremiah where I thought she was toast. However, she received the save where most people if not everyone thought it would go to Jeremiah; even Laci herself was shocked at the decision. 😲 I talked about it quite a bit in Jeremiah’s write-up, so I won’t go into too much detail about it here. What I will say is I read and heard a lot of not so flattering things about Laci that made my stomach turn after she was saved. Unfortunately, I can’t say I was surprised because this seems to happen all the time; still, it doesn’t make it any better. Regardless, Laci had an inconsistent night the following week. Her first number The House That Built Me was OK though I thought it could’ve been better. Her second number, Saturday Night’s All Right For Fighting, was a mess that nearly went into train wreck territory. I appreciated her doing something different and appeared to put in a lot of effort, but that was not good, to put it mildly. 😣 She redeemed herself with Dreams, which was easily her best of the night and was similar to her performances earlier in the season. It was a nice performance for her to go out on because she would eventually be eliminated with Wade later that evening, which was predictable because she had to be saved the week before. While her run petered at the end, I still like Laci enough for her to edge out Jeremiah as my favorite contestant of the season (those two are really close). Finally, I was really happy to see she was signed to a deal. Here’s to good things for her and hopefully she’ll be able to put out some music; I would certainly love to hear it! 👍

52. Clay Aiken: Season 2 (2nd Place)

C.-Aiken-headshot-1.jpg

It's now time for the S2 runner up to appear in this ranking. Like Adam, Clay is another polarizing contestant who can spark some heated debates whenever his name is mentioned. He is also one of the most gifted vocalists to ever appear on Idol. I remember his audition when the judges were bewildered that a voice like his could come from someone who looked like him. As for his Idol run, it started with him singing Open Arms during Group 2 of the semifinals. It was a fine performance all things considered; however, I felt Ruben and Kimberley gave better performances and therefore was fine with the results. All was not lost for Clay as he was invited to perform in the WC Round where he gave a strong performance of Don’t Let The Sun Go Down On Me. He ended up getting America’s WC vote and proceeded to the finals. There he gave some really strong performances in the finals; I’d say he was the most consistent contestant that season. I really enjoyed his first two performances I Can’t Help Myself (Sugar Pie Honey Bunch) and Somewhere Out There. Other performances I enjoyed were Tell Her About It, Build Me Up Buttercup, Solitaire, To Love Somebody, and Bridge Over Troubled Water. Honestly, I thought Clay had the Idol crown wrapped up after BOTW; however, that wasn’t the case. Though I mentioned Clay was the most consistent contestant, it doesn’t mean he didn’t have some weak performances; he just had fewer of these than everyone else that season. One performance I didn’t really care for was Someone Else’s Star; it just didn’t do anything for me. Grease was another performance I didn’t like. It came off as really cheesy, plus I still shudder at those hip shakes. 🥶 Finally, Vincent was dreadfully boring and there was an awkward pause in which he forgot the words. I heard they added an extra line at the last minute, so Clay didn’t have enough time to practice it which may explain the pause. 🤷‍♂️ With all this being said, as mentioned, I thought he would win, but the crown went to Ruben instead, which I was fine with because I liked Ruben more. There was some controversy over this because I believe Nigel said something along the lines of there weren’t enough phone lines to handle the volume of votes coming in; therefore, some votes that may have gone to Clay didn’t go through. Regardless, Clay has had a very interesting career post-Idol. He released a few albums; I remember Invisible being played frequently when it came out. In addition to his music career, he’s also dabbled in politics and competed on a season of “The Celebrity Apprentice”. Finally, he was involved in a spat with Catie and Ada on Twitter during S16 when he was critical of Catie and mainly the judges for them being too lenient towards Catie after she forgot the lyrics to Manic Monday. I’ve had some issues with some of his actions post-Idol, but they don’t detract from him being a great vocalist. Overall, Clay was a very strong singer and one of the best Idol’s ever had.

51. Kris Allen: Season 8 (1st Place)

kris-allenjpg-4e80b857fa1a5393.jpg

Closing out the set and just missing my Top 50 is the S8 winner. IMO, Kris had the best underdog journey in Idol history. He hardly received any airtime prior to the semis; the only time he was shown was during the famed White Chocolate group performance during Hollywood. However, he managed to overcome that disadvantage and win the crown over much more favored and popular contestants while becoming popular in his own right. As for Kris as a contestant, he is right up there with Casey Abrams as far as having some of the best musicality on Idol, except Kris was more mature and consistent with his performances. He may not have had the strongest voice, but he knew how to use it properly. If I had one criticism of his voice, it would be he would have these moments were this squeaky sound would come out. With all of this said, the reason he isn’t higher is because while I liked him, I didn’t LOVE him if that makes any sense. 🤷‍♂️ His improbable journey started off with Man In The Mirror during Group 2 of the semis. It was a nice performance, though nothing too groundbreaking. It was good enough for him to be voted into the finals; as I touched on in my Matt Giraud write-up, I believe Matt, who did receive plenty of airtime prior to the semis, bombing as badly as he did help paved the way for Kris. In the finals, I liked his first three performances OK enough. However, it was Ain’t No Sunshine that made me think Kris actually has a shot of going really far in the competition. This was especially the case since some of the more popular contestants (*cough* Lil *cough*) were inconsistent or starting to fade. He unfortunately took a step back with All She Wants To Do Is Dance the following week; it’s probably my least favorite of his. He came back with Falling Slowly the week after, and I felt this performance was underrated. I had never heard of the song before, but I thought he did a good job with it. I really enjoyed his rendition of She Works Hard For The Money the week after, plus Ryan before it was hilarious. I didn’t care much for his other two performances afterward; however, I do think Come Together was a bit underrated. Regardless, he made it to the Top 3 where I started rooting for him after Allison’s elimination because I was NOT here for Danny or Adam at the time. Apologize was fine enough; however, it was Heartless that pretty much punched his ticket into the finals where it was thought it was going to be an Adam/Danny showdown. Kris had a strong showing in the finals, though it was thought Adam was going to win. However, Kris managed to win instead, and I was really happy for him. It’s sad he gets some heat from some of Adam’s fans even though both he and Adam appear to be good friends. 😕 While Kris may not be a chart topper, he appears to have a nice career post-Idol. I haven’t heard a lot of his stuff, but from what I have heard, I liked Live Like We’re Dying, Vision of Love, and Waves. In the end, Kris certainly had an underdog run for the ages and has nothing to be ashamed of regarding his victory.

055. Anoop Desai

054. Jeremiah Lloyd Harmon

053. Laci Kaye Booth

052. Clay Aiken

051. Kris Allen

Wow, Top 50 already? It seems like we were at the Top 100 just yesterday. :haha: I was hoping to finish this thing before next season; however, at this pace, I may be done around early/mid August. Here my Top 50 (listed based on season and placement):

Season 1

Kelly Clarkson

Tamyra Gray

Season 2

Ruben Studdard

Kimberley Locke

Trenyce

Season 3

Fantasia

LaToya London

George Huff

Jennifer Hudson

Season 4

Carrie Underwood

Bo Bice

Vonzell Solomon

Nadia Turner

Nikko Smith

Season 5

Katharine McPhee

Elliott Yamin

Chris Daughtry

Paris Bennett

Mandisa

Season 6

Jordin Sparks

Melinda Doolittle

Haley Scarnato

Season 7

David Cook

David Archuleta

Syesha Mercado

Brooke White

Season 8

Allison Iraheta

Megan Joy

Season 9

Crystal Bowersox

Didi Benami

Season 10

Haley Reinhart

Pia Toscano

Naima Adedapo

Season 11

Hollie Cavanagh

Skylar Laine

Elise Testone

Erika Van Pelt

Season 12

Candice Glover

Kree Harrison

Angie Miller

Season 13

Caleb Johnson

Jessica Meuse

Season 14

Clark Beckham

Quentin Alexander

Season 15

Trent Harmon

La'Porsha Renae

Avalon Young

Season 16

Maddie Poppe

Jurnee

Dennis Lorenzo

Alright, everything's set. Coming up in the next set:

- I love the way you lie in the flame

- A hot explosion

- That may have been the wrong breed

- Came from a pair of Golden Gloves

- Nothing for this finalist to be afraid of

Edited by Crisis

31 minutes ago, blackfield said:

059. Adam Lambert-  Idol royalty and The greatest singer to set foot on the Idol stage!! I will not comment on the others as they deserve the ranking. but I will comment on Adam. HOW DARE YOU YOU PUT HIM SO LOW!!? :no::mad:he should be in the top 10 of idol of all time. both idol royalty and one of the best singer on that show ever. I understand that it is a love or hate thing with him but I loved him and his performances. the only thing that bothered me was the overpraising that sometimes came over others who where worthy as well. not winning idol eventually helped  and benefited him. the others on that list don't hold candle to him!! 

Love It I Regret Nothing GIF by A Little Late With Lilly Singh

also,

Game Of Thrones Emmys 2019 GIF by Emmys

:giggle:

All kidding aside, I knew this wasn't going to be a popular ranking, but I expected as much. I explained what my issues with Adam were; also, I recognized his talent and that's why he's ranked where he is. If he's in your or anyone else's Top 10, great; he is certainly worthy of being there! 👍

1 hour ago, Crisis said:

Candice Glover

Kree Harrison

Angie Miller

Glad these 3 is in the Top 50!! And La'Porsha and Trent too 😁. Great rankings so far, no problems

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, Crisis said:

055. Anoop Desai

054. Jeremiah Lloyd Harmon

053. Laci Kaye Booth

052. Clay Aiken

051. Kris Allen

I’m not going to take a crack at the clues because in all honesty, I have no idea who they refer to. 😅

Anoop Desai- No comment. 

Jeremiah Lloyd Harmon- I liked Jeremiah during S17, but I didn’t really love anyone that season besides Ashley Hess. In terms of the save, I think he did deserve it because there was no “save” performance and he did the best out of the two on the night. 

Laci Kaye Booth- Laci is a contestant who I wasn’t a big fan of during the season. However, looking back, I’ve started to really like her smoky voice. Also, “The House That Built Me” was Bobby’s pick, so yeah... In my opinion, Makayla delivered an amazing version of this song during S18 that was much better than Laci’s... Anyway, I think the main issue with the save is that Wade should have been in the bottom 2 instead of one of them! 😒 While I wish Jeremiah was saved, Laci wasn’t too bad for me... 

Clay Aiken- “Bridge Over Troubled Water” is one of my favorite Idol performances of all-time. 👍 However, I’m not a big fan of some of Clay’s actions, especially when he called out Catie and the judges... 😒

Kris Allen- Aah, you got one of my all-time favorites! 💔 Just before the Top 50 too... 😕 I’m very pleased to see that he was ranked above Adam Lambert! 😊👍 Part of the reason why I think he won is because he was more likable than Adam. The show is called American “Idol,” not American “Singer” after all! 😅 My favorite performances of Kris were “Ain’t No Sunshine” and “Heartless,” which has an amazing studio version! 😀 In terms of original music, I also really like “Live Like We’re Dying,” “Vision of Love” (especially with the music video ❤️), and “Waves.” Part of the reason why I really like Kris is because of his love for Idol and his winning personality. He has a great relationship with Idol contestants too! 😁 Some examples- him touring with Maddie and Caleb, Skylar Laine’s Facebook profile picture is of him and her together, he is also subscribed to Catie Turner’s YouTube channel. In terms of the hate from Adam’s fans... I don’t get the point since Kris and Adam have a great relationship... 😅 Before I end this I just wanted to thank some people... 

-Thank you to Matt Giraud for not doing great and allowing Kris to get to the finale. 😊

-Thank you Kristy Lee Cook for calling his win all along. ❤️

In terms of the Top 50, I see some people I like and don’t like, but I won’t reveal them until they are ranked. 

Edited by Bk1234

8 hours ago, anonymouskid_35 said:

Glad these 3 is in the Top 50!! And La'Porsha and Trent too 😁. Great rankings so far, no problems

Glad to see there are no problems with the rankings so far and that some of your favorites are in the Top 50 as well!

15 minutes ago, Bk1234 said:

I’m not going to take a crack at the clues because in all honesty, I have no idea who they refer to. 😅

Anoop Desai- No comment. 

Jeremiah Lloyd Harmon- I liked Jeremiah during S17, but I didn’t really love anyone that season besides Ashley Hess. In terms of the save, I think he did deserve it because there was no “save” performance and he did the best out of the two on the night. 

Laci Kaye Booth- Laci is a contestant who I wasn’t a big fan of during the season. However, looking back, I’ve started to really like her smoky voice. Also, “The House That Built Me” was Bobby’s pick, so yeah... In my opinion, Makayla delivered an amazing version of this song during S18 that was much better than Laci’s... Anyway, I think the main issue with the save is that Wade should have been in the bottom 2 instead of one of them! 😒 While I wish Jeremiah was saved, Laci wasn’t too bad for me... 

Clay Aiken- “Bridge Over Troubled Water” is one of my favorite Idol performances of all-time. 👍 However, I’m not a big fan of some of Clay’s actions, especially when he called out Catie and the judges... 😒

Kris Allen- Aah, you got one of my all-time favorites! 💔 Just before the Top 50 too... 😕 I’m very pleased to see that he was ranked a live Adam Lambert! 😊👍 Part of the reason why I think he won is because he was more likable than Adam. The show is called American “Idol,” not American “Singer” after all! 😅 My favorite performances of Kris were “Ain’t No Sunshine” and “Heartless,” which has an amazing studio version! 😀 In terms of original music, I also really like “Live Like We’re Dying,” “Vision of Love” (especially with the music video ❤️), and “Waves.” Part of the reason why I really like Kris is because of his love for Idol and his winning personality. He has a great relationship with Idol contestants too! 😁 Some examples- him touring with Maddie and Caleb, Skylar Laine’s Facebook profile picture is of him and her together, he is also subscribed to Catie Turner’s YouTube channel. In terms of the hate from Adam’s fans... I don’t get the point since Kris and Adam have a great relationship... 😅 Before I end this I just wanted to thank some people... 

-Thank you to Matt Giraud for not doing great and allowing Kris to get to the finale. 😊

-Thank you Kristy Lee Cook for calling his win all along. ❤️

In terms of the Top 50, I see some people I like and don’t like, but I won’t reveal them until they are ranked. 

Not even one attempt? 🥺😉

Jeremiah: Fair enough. While I won't say he "deserved" the save, I would've used it on him as well despite liking Laci more.

Laci: Fair enough about her. I absolutely agree about having Wade in the B2 instead of one of Jeremiah or Laci. I believe even the judges said something along the lines of expecting Wade to be there.

Clay: Pretty much agree with everything here.

Kris: Sorry! 🥺💔 Some very valid points regarding Kris' win. He does appear to be a nice guy and a love for Idol. Finally, 🤣 at the bolded parts!

I'm eager to see who you like and don't like in my Top 50 when the time comes! 👍

my guesses (probably off with most of them): 

055. Anoop Desai - - A song title that definitely came true on this finalist's Idol run

054. Jeremiah Lloyd Harmon - - Not quite nirvana

053. Laci Kaye Booth - - Where's the country?

052. Clay Aiken -  This finalist always seems to finish 2nd no matter what

051. Kris Allen - - This finalist certainly didn't lack a vital organ. because he had cojones to face both adam and danny and win... ??

at least i still have a few favs in the top 50.. ;)

• Thanks 1

I’m going to give the clues a chance. Let’s see how I bomb this... 😅

-A song title that definitely came true on this finalist’s Idol run- Kris Allen. 

-This finalist always seemed to finish 2nd no matter what- Clay Aiken.

-This finalist certainly didn’t lack a vital organ- Jeremiah Lloyd Harmon.

-Not quite nirvana- Anoop Desai. 

-Where’s the country?- Laci Kaye Booth.

Posted (edited)

Did people really think it would be Danny and Adam in the finale? Danny crushed all his dreams of winning after giving that horrendous performance of “Dream On.” 

Edited by Bk1234

Posted (edited)

I also forgot to mention that Kris Allen went on tour with the S16 Top 7. (Well I kind of did but I thought it was only Caleb and Maddie’s tour... 😅)

Edited by Bk1234

Kris is actually my favorite all time contestant. Adam is in my top 5 lol, so i really liked Season 8. I work(ed) in tv and have met so many celebs and meeting Kris Allen was the one that excited me the most lol. 

Clay was always top ten for me, but don't love him post show. 

• Like 1

You were on a roll! I feel like I missed so much. 😅 My thoughts...

065. Michael Lynche - I barely remember his run but I think I liked him at the beginning and not so much at the end.

064. Kimberly Caldwell - I didn't like her during her season but I don't mind her after a rewatch. I don't know if it's her phrasing and the way she pronounces her words or what, but I don't like her much as a singer.

063. Janelle Arthur - I liked her. I tried to keep up with her post-Idol but have failed. haha

062. Michael Johns - 😭 I just rewatched Season 7. I always loved him. His voice was amazing. I do wish he had leaned more into the soul side of his voice, as he killed it when he sang more soulful songs. I'm so sad he left us so soon (both on Idol and in life).

061. Sarina-Joi Crowe - I remember I thought she was overhyped. However, I don't think she should've left the competition so early.

060. Carly Smithson - So talented! I think she sometimes wanted to show off her range TOO MUCH. She tended to sound strained when she pushed her voice just a tad too far (which felt like, to me, at least once in every performance). I think she was eliminated too early though. I was happy to see her with her band after Idol.

059. Adam Lambert - I agree with your write-up entirely.

058. LaKisha Jones - Again, agree.

057. Joshua Ledet - I need to rewatch his season but I think I liked him quite a bit.

056. Phillip Phillips -  I wouldn't have chosen him as winner but I did enjoy what I heard of him post-Idol.

055. Anoop Desai - This season was pretty forgettable for me and he was one of the most forgettable contestants in the bunch.

054. Jeremiah Lloyd Harmon - So good. That bottom 2 with Laci sucked! I didn't want either of them to go.

053. Laci Kaye Booth - Same as above. She was one of my favorites. I'm so happy to see she got signed and I'm so excited to hear her new music.

052. Clay Aiken - I was a Trenyce fan but I can't deny how good he was. I still love Bridge Over Troubled Water. One of the best vocals on Idol ever, in my opinion.

051. Kris Allen - I liked him quite a bit. Never pegged him as winner but I wasn't upset when he won.

5 hours ago, blackfield said:

my guesses (probably off with most of them): 

055. Anoop Desai - - A song title that definitely came true on this finalist's Idol run

054. Jeremiah Lloyd Harmon - - Not quite nirvana

053. Laci Kaye Booth - - Where's the country?

052. Clay Aiken -  This finalist always seems to finish 2nd no matter what

051. Kris Allen - - This finalist certainly didn't lack a vital organ. because he had cojones to face both adam and danny and win... ??

at least i still have a few favs in the top 50.. ;)

5/5!

A song title that definitely cam true on this finalist's Idol run (Anoop's final performance was Dim All The Lights. The lights were certainly dimmed on him 🤭)

- Not quite nirvana (referencing Jeremiah's original song Almost Heaven)

- Where's the country? (Laci was a country singer who only sang two country songs on Idol: the Jackson duet with Laine (speaking of whom, I guess the show was spoiled by the couples the previous season that they tried to force another one with Laine and Laci. 🙄 The problem was Laci already had a boyfriend and I believe Laine had a girlfriend) and The House That Built Me)

- This finalist always seems to finish 2nd no matter what (Clay was 2nd on Idol, The Celebrity Apprentice, and running for office 🤭)

- This finalist certainly didn't lack a vital organ(referencing Kris singing Heartless during Top 3 Week)

Now all I need to do is find out who they are so i can immediately get rid of them...;)

5 hours ago, Bk1234 said:

I’m going to give the clues a chance. Let’s see how I bomb this... 😅

-A song title that definitely came true on this finalist’s Idol run- Kris Allen. 

-This finalist always seemed to finish 2nd no matter what- Clay Aiken.

-This finalist certainly didn’t lack a vital organ- Jeremiah Lloyd Harmon.

-Not quite nirvana- Anoop Desai. 

-Where’s the country?- Laci Kaye Booth.

2/5; not a bad effort? 👍

4 hours ago, Bk1234 said:

Did people really think it would be Danny and Adam in the finale? Danny crushed all his dreams of winning after giving that horrendous performance of “Dream On.” 

Frankly, I would've sent Danny home after he butchered Dream On😕 Still, I think there was still a possibility of an Adam/Danny showdown; however, I want to believe Heartless put an end to that. 😄

3 hours ago, DScott said:

Kris is actually my favorite all time contestant. Adam is in my top 5 lol, so i really liked Season 8. I work(ed) in tv and have met so many celebs and meeting Kris Allen was the one that excited me the most lol. 

Clay was always top ten for me, but don't love him post show. 

It looks like three of your top 10 were ranked in the previous two sets. Good to see meeting Kris excited you the most. All of the things I've heard about Kris interacting with fans and other Idols have all been positive, so I'd like to think this was one as well. 👍 Fair enough about Clay.

3 hours ago, x3 because of u said:

You were on a roll! I feel like I missed so much. 😅 My thoughts...

065. Michael Lynche - I barely remember his run but I think I liked him at the beginning and not so much at the end.

064. Kimberly Caldwell - I didn't like her during her season but I don't mind her after a rewatch. I don't know if it's her phrasing and the way she pronounces her words or what, but I don't like her much as a singer.

063. Janelle Arthur - I liked her. I tried to keep up with her post-Idol but have failed. haha

062. Michael Johns - 😭 I just rewatched Season 7. I always loved him. His voice was amazing. I do wish he had leaned more into the soul side of his voice, as he killed it when he sang more soulful songs. I'm so sad he left us so soon (both on Idol and in life).

061. Sarina-Joi Crowe - I remember I thought she was overhyped. However, I don't think she should've left the competition so early.

060. Carly Smithson - So talented! I think she sometimes wanted to show off her range TOO MUCH. She tended to sound strained when she pushed her voice just a tad too far (which felt like, to me, at least once in every performance). I think she was eliminated too early though. I was happy to see her with her band after Idol.

059. Adam Lambert - I agree with your write-up entirely.

058. LaKisha Jones - Again, agree.

057. Joshua Ledet - I need to rewatch his season but I think I liked him quite a bit.

056. Phillip Phillips -  I wouldn't have chosen him as winner but I did enjoy what I heard of him post-Idol.

055. Anoop Desai - This season was pretty forgettable for me and he was one of the most forgettable contestants in the bunch.

054. Jeremiah Lloyd Harmon - So good. That bottom 2 with Laci sucked! I didn't want either of them to go.

053. Laci Kaye Booth - Same as above. She was one of my favorites. I'm so happy to see she got signed and I'm so excited to hear her new music.

052. Clay Aiken - I was a Trenyce fan but I can't deny how good he was. I still love Bridge Over Troubled Water. One of the best vocals on Idol ever, in my opinion.

051. Kris Allen - I liked him quite a bit. Never pegged him as winner but I wasn't upset when he won.

Well, it was the weekend and due to the pandemic, I had plenty of free time on my hands; hence, I figured might as well knock out a few sets. :haha:

065. Fair enough about

064. Fair enough about

063. Well, it's not too late to try again :haha:

062. He certainly left us too soon 😢 💔

061. Fair enough

060. I pretty much agree about her pushing her voice too much at times. Fair enough to think she was eliminated too early.

059 - 058. 👍

057. Not much to say here but fair enough

056. I pretty much feel the same

055. Fair enough

054. Ugh, tell me about it, especially with Wade still there 😒

053. I'm happy to see she was signed and hope to hear some new music from her as well. 👍

052. Pretty much agree here, especially about BOTW

051. Pretty much feel the same way about him

13 minutes ago, Crisis said:

A song title that definitely cam true on this finalist's Idol run (Anoop's final performance was Dim All The Lights. The lights were certainly dimmed on him 🤭)

- Where's the country? (Laci was a country singer who only sang two country songs on Idol: the Jackson duet with Laine (speaking of whom, I guess the show was spoiled by the couples the previous season that they tried to force another one with Laine and Laci. 🙄 The problem was Laci already had a boyfriend and I believe Laine had a girlfriend) and The House That Built Me)

- This finalist always seems to finish 2nd no matter what (Clay was 2nd on Idol, The Celebrity Apprentice, and running for office 🤭)

- This finalist certainly didn't lack a vital organ(referencing Kris singing Heartless during Top 3 Week)

Aah, the clues make so much more sense now! 😅 I can’t believe I didn’t get the one referencing Kris. 😂

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, Crisis said:

5/5!

Now all I need to do is find out who they are so i can immediately get rid of them...;)

yeah! I'm good!! another score!! 

not telling you who those are though  you'll know when you know.. :nanananana:

Edited by blackfield

On 7/10/2020 at 1:33 PM, Crisis said:

It appears @Bk1234 got them all right. I wonder what your guesses would've been. We'll see how you do with the next set. :shiftywave:

I guess I can share now. :haha:  The two I had in mind before you posted the set were Diana and Michael J, and then I figured out Jena after reading through your comments. That left me with Alex and Casey, and my guess was Casey for the debate clue (because of the save was my guess - but now I see that wasn't why and I never would have remembered that debate from the finale lol). I didn't know how Alex fit the remaining clue, but I see it now and and also not sure it's something I ever would have come up with on my own, lol. 

Gosh, I'm so behind!

065. Michael Lynche: He was one of my favorites of the season and it looks like we share our main favorite performances from him as well. I also enjoyed his brother and wanted him to advance through on S3. :( 

064. Kimberly Caldwell: I really like her and voice.  I thought "Anymore" was one of her standouts, so a bit surprised you didn't mention that one. I also saw her host lots of Idol related shows over the years and enjoyed her on those a lot.

063. Janelle Arthur: I like her and she's among my favorites, but I mostly cared about one person that season. I also prefer a lot of other country contestants to her, but still like her.

062. Michael Johns: Love him and can't think of him without feeling so sad. :( I loved his voice and agree that his soul side was best. He was one of my favorites to meet on tour, mostly because my mom absolutely ADORED him. :broken:  We had great interactions with him. I don't remember hearing the cause of his passing, but ugh. :( It still has me shook. I also loved his duet with Brooke so much.

061. Sarina-Joi Crowe: She had so much potential and was cut way too soon. :( Ughh. I loved those first couple performances of hers and wish she had stayed based on previous showings  + her voice alone. Such a shame because she could have made the season better. I understand the judges not wanting to use the save so soon, but then... to just use it the next week on someone I didn't agree with at all was a real disappointment too.

From the clues for that set, I correctly predicted both Michaels and Kim ahead of time. I was able to place Janelle and Sarina-Joi after seeing them. :yes: 

060. Carly Smithson: I wasn't a huge fan, although she has a great voice. But she is one who also grew on me quite a bit on tour. I didn't enjoy most of her performances on the show all that much, but loved a couple (especially "Here You Come Again" ❤️

059. Adam Lambert: He was my immediate thought for the clue, but wasn't sure if you might rank him higher or the clue could mean something else. I had several favorites that season, but he was among my secondary group. I thought he was so talented and I enjoyed him on all different kinds of songs, but definitely loved the top 2 favorites you named most, as well. ❤️ And I'm also a huge Kris fan, so I was happy with the end result. 

058. LaKisha Jones: I was never a fan, but LOLOLLLLLLLL the ignoring all the mentors advice. :dead: I completely forgot and should have KNOWN because I made a video montage back in the day of all the times this happened. :dead:  Hilarious. I agree, her Bon Jovi song was the best and the only one I really loved. 

057. Joshua Ledet:  I really like him a lot. :yes:  LOL all those gifs. The judges standing ovations annoyed me across several seasons, so not sure if they did particularly for just him.  He does have an amazing voice and gave some fantastic performances. 

056. Phillip Phillips:  I was not a fan at all, but he has grown on me somewhat after the show. I like some of the songs I've heard from him. His voice just didn't really appeal to me and I also didn't care for most of his performances, but the few that I did, I loved. "Unfortunately, I didn’t care for his other Top 7 Redux performance, nor did I care for either of both of his Top 6 nor especially both of his Top 5 performances." :lmao: Oh, but his "In the Midnight Hour" performance was one of my favorites and I was weirdly obsessed with it. :dead:  "Despite this, he managed to not land in the bottom because he was a WGWG and therefore, had superpowers." :dead:  I could never get into "Volcano", but I loved both his duets with Elise. Oh, and no mention of the Joshua and Phillip duet? :giggle: You should have posted it in between them on the set. :giggle: 

From those clues, I guessed Carly, Adam, and Phillip prior to seeing them posted. :yes:  LaKisha's clue is super obvious now and I wish I hadn't forgotten. :dead:  And Joshua's makes sense.

055. Anoop Desai: "It’s time for Anoop aka Noop Dawg to bark his way into this countdown." :lmao: I really like him and consider him a secondary favorite for me that season. I love the tone of his voice. I agree he was best on ballads and agree on which uptempos were his best, as well.  Love all the agreement here! I forgot all about his TOTEM name. :dead: 

054. Jeremiah Lloyd Harmon: He was my joint favorite with Laine, which I believe I mentioned earlier. I love his voice and thought he was so consistent.... ugh such a shame and a surprise when he was eliminated, especially with the save not being used on him. :(  His audition moment will always be a standout for me. ❤️ 

053. Laci Kaye Booth: I was never a big fan, but she has a nice voice. She didn't do much for me really, although I loved her duet with Brett Young (as he's one of my favorite contemporary artists ❤️ ) and thought she was great on that. I'm not sure where I'd rank her personally, as she's not a favorite, but I don't mind her either.

052. Clay Aiken: He's the only one I could predict from the clues, lol.  Ugh, the constant runner-up status though. :broken: I'm a big fan and it helps that my mom LOVED him so much that season that it kind of got me into watching the show and becoming such a fan, as well. Her love for him is what led me to my first ever concert since she agreed to take me to see a show when he went on tour with Kelly Clarkson. :haha: So, I have fond memories. But I loved his Idol run and loved his debut album, Christmas album, and more. He's so talented and will always be one of my all-time favorites.

051. Kris Allen: Oh darn, I was hoping he'd be quite a bit higher, particularly after Adam just showed up. :haha:  Oh well. Kris is another one of my all-time faves. ❤️  Yess, love your comment about him having the best underdog journey! :wub: He really was the little engine that could and it was amazing to see. I love everything about him, but yeah, his musicality and creativity with the songs really stood out to me. "Heartless" will forever be one of the best Idol moments for me. :wub: I was THRILLED when he won and also enjoy his music post-show! 

Okay, as I mentioned, I guessed Clay from the clues, but am still trying to figure out where the rest of these go. :haha: Well I thought Anoop for a song that came true ("Dim All the Lights") and okay, Kris for "Heartless" because he has a heart, of course. :haha:  I didn't remember Lacey as country even though I mentioned her celeb duet.  That leaves Jeremiah with the other clue.

Now I'm trying to figure out the next set and have no guesses at all so far. But glad I'm caught up in time for the Top 50! 😄 

13 hours ago, Bk1234 said:

This randomly caught my eye and cracked me up :dead:  (and I love both Matt and Kris lol)

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Crisis said:

Wow, Top 50 already? It seems like we were at the Top 100 just yesterday. :haha: I was hoping to finish this thing before next season; however, at this pace, I may be done around early/mid August. Here my Top 50 (listed based on season and placement):

Season 1

Kelly Clarkson

Tamyra Gray

Season 2

Ruben Studdard

Kimberley Locke

Trenyce

Season 3

Fantasia

LaToya London

George Huff

Jennifer Hudson

Season 4

Carrie Underwood

Bo Bice

Vonzell Solomon

Nadia Turner

Nikko Smith

Season 5

Katharine McPhee

Elliott Yamin

Chris Daughtry

Paris Bennett

Mandisa

Season 6

Jordin Sparks

Melinda Doolittle

Haley Scarnato

Season 7

David Cook

David Archuleta

Syesha Mercado

Brooke White

Season 8

Allison Iraheta

Megan Joy

Season 9

Crystal Bowersox

Didi Benami

Season 10

Haley Reinhart

Pia Toscano

Naima Adedapo

Season 11

Hollie Cavanagh

Skylar Gray

Elise Testone

Erika Van Pelt

Season 12

Candice Glover

Kree Harrison

Angie Miller

Season 13

Caleb Johnson

Jessica Meuse

Season 14

Clark Beckham

Quentin Alexander

Season 15

Trent Harmon

La'Porsha Renae

Avalon Young

Season 16

Maddie Poppe

Jurnee

Dennis Lorenzo

I would say I love about half of the contestants remaining. :yes: A few would make my Top 10 (not sure how many for my Top 50 as I can't think of that so easily :haha:  ) And then a few I'm very surprised to see rank this high, so your comments will be interesting to see. ^_^ 

37 minutes ago, blackfield said:

not telling you who those are though  you'll know when you know.. :nanananana:

I have a feeling I know a couple of them...🤔

37 minutes ago, miss denise said:

I guess I can share now. :haha:  The two I had in mind before you posted the set were Diana and Michael J, and then I figured out Jena after reading through your comments. That left me with Alex and Casey, and my guess was Casey for the debate clue (because of the save was my guess - but now I see that wasn't why and I never would have remembered that debate from the finale lol). I didn't know how Alex fit the remaining clue, but I see it now and and also not sure it's something I ever would have come up with on my own, lol. 

Gosh, I'm so behind!

065. Michael Lynche: He was one of my favorites of the season and it looks like we share our main favorite performances from him as well. I also enjoyed his brother and wanted him to advance through on S3. :( 

064. Kimberly Caldwell: I really like her and voice.  I thought "Anymore" was one of her standouts, so a bit surprised you didn't mention that one. I also saw her host lots of Idol related shows over the years and enjoyed her on those a lot.

063. Janelle Arthur: I like her and she's among my favorites, but I mostly cared about one person that season. I also prefer a lot of other country contestants to her, but still like her.

062. Michael Johns: Love him and can't think of him without feeling so sad. :( I loved his voice and agree that his soul side was best. He was one of my favorites to meet on tour, mostly because my mom absolutely ADORED him. :broken:  We had great interactions with him. I don't remember hearing the cause of his passing, but ugh. :( It still has me shook. I also loved his duet with Brooke so much.

061. Sarina-Joi Crowe: She had so much potential and was cut way too soon. :( Ughh. I loved those first couple performances of hers and wish she had stayed based on previous showings  + her voice alone. Such a shame because she could have made the season better. I understand the judges not wanting to use the save so soon, but then... to just use it the next week on someone I didn't agree with at all was a real disappointment too.

From the clues for that set, I correctly predicted both Michaels and Kim ahead of time. I was able to place Janelle and Sarina-Joi after seeing them. :yes: 

060. Carly Smithson: I wasn't a huge fan, although she has a great voice. But she is one who also grew on me quite a bit on tour. I didn't enjoy most of her performances on the show all that much, but loved a couple (especially "Here You Come Again" ❤️

059. Adam Lambert: He was my immediate thought for the clue, but wasn't sure if you might rank him higher or the clue could mean something else. I had several favorites that season, but he was among my secondary group. I thought he was so talented and I enjoyed him on all different kinds of songs, but definitely loved the top 2 favorites you named most, as well. ❤️ And I'm also a huge Kris fan, so I was happy with the end result. 

058. LaKisha Jones: I was never a fan, but LOLOLLLLLLLL the ignoring all the mentors advice. :dead: I completely forgot and should have KNOWN because I made a video montage back in the day of all the times this happened. :dead:  Hilarious. I agree, her Bon Jovi song was the best and the only one I really loved. 

057. Joshua Ledet:  I really like him a lot. :yes:  LOL all those gifs. The judges standing ovations annoyed me across several seasons, so not sure if they did particularly for just him.  He does have an amazing voice and gave some fantastic performances. 

056. Phillip Phillips:  I was not a fan at all, but he has grown on me somewhat after the show. I like some of the songs I've heard from him. His voice just didn't really appeal to me and I also didn't care for most of his performances, but the few that I did, I loved. "Unfortunately, I didn’t care for his other Top 7 Redux performance, nor did I care for either of both of his Top 6 nor especially both of his Top 5 performances." :lmao: Oh, but his "In the Midnight Hour" performance was one of my favorites and I was weirdly obsessed with it. :dead:  "Despite this, he managed to not land in the bottom because he was a WGWG and therefore, had superpowers." :dead:  I could never get into "Volcano", but I loved both his duets with Elise. Oh, and no mention of the Joshua and Phillip duet? :giggle: You should have posted it in between them on the set. :giggle: 

From those clues, I guessed Carly, Adam, and Phillip prior to seeing them posted. :yes:  LaKisha's clue is super obvious now and I wish I hadn't forgotten. :dead:  And Joshua's makes sense.

055. Anoop Desai: "It’s time for Anoop aka Noop Dawg to bark his way into this countdown." :lmao: I really like him and consider him a secondary favorite for me that season. I love the tone of his voice. I agree he was best on ballads and agree on which uptempos were his best, as well.  Love all the agreement here! I forgot all about his TOTEM name. :dead: 

054. Jeremiah Lloyd Harmon: He was my joint favorite with Laine, which I believe I mentioned earlier. I love his voice and thought he was so consistent.... ugh such a shame and a surprise when he was eliminated, especially with the save not being used on him. :(  His audition moment will always be a standout for me. ❤️ 

053. Laci Kaye Booth: I was never a big fan, but she has a nice voice. She didn't do much for me really, although I loved her duet with Brett Young (as he's one of my favorite contemporary artists ❤️ ) and thought she was great on that. I'm not sure where I'd rank her personally, as she's not a favorite, but I don't mind her either.

052. Clay Aiken: He's the only one I could predict from the clues, lol.  Ugh, the constant runner-up status though. :broken: I'm a big fan and it helps that my mom LOVED him so much that season that it kind of got me into watching the show and becoming such a fan, as well. Her love for him is what led me to my first ever concert since she agreed to take me to see a show when he went on tour with Kelly Clarkson. :haha: So, I have fond memories. But I loved his Idol run and loved his debut album, Christmas album, and more. He's so talented and will always be one of my all-time favorites.

051. Kris Allen: Oh darn, I was hoping he'd be quite a bit higher, particularly after Adam just showed up. :haha:  Oh well. Kris is another one of my all-time faves. ❤️  Yess, love your comment about him having the best underdog journey! :wub: He really was the little engine that could and it was amazing to see. I love everything about him, but yeah, his musicality and creativity with the songs really stood out to me. "Heartless" will forever be one of the best Idol moments for me. :wub: I was THRILLED when he won and also enjoy his music post-show! 

Okay, as I mentioned, I guessed Clay from the clues, but am still trying to figure out where the rest of these go. :haha: Well I thought Anoop for a song that came true ("Dim All the Lights") and okay, Kris for "Heartless" because he has a heart, of course. :haha:  I didn't remember Lacey as country even though I mentioned her celeb duet.  That leaves Jeremiah with the other clue.

Now I'm trying to figure out the next set and have no guesses at all so far. But glad I'm caught up in time for the Top 50! 😄 

Yeah, the Michael clue was probably the most obvious, and I can see how Diana could be guessed. Jena's was probably obvious after my write-up and Casey and Alex can be tricky if no one really paid any attention to what was going on with them on Idol.

I usually speed everything up on the weekends mainly due to not being able to do much during the pandemic, so it can be easy for some to fall behind if they're not actively following this thread. :haha:

065. Pretty much agree with everything written here. Too bad about his brother. :(

064. I guess I overlooked Anymore. I did watch some of her hosting gigs, and it appeared she was a natural at it.

063. I don't know if I've posted that person yet; we'll find out sooner or later. ;) As for Janelle, I'm pretty much in the same boat.

062. I pretty much agree with liking his soul side more. Glad to see you and your mother have a great experience with him on tour. Yes, his passing is still sad after all this time. :( His duet with Brooke is ❤️.

061. Pretty much agree with everything here. Yes, letting her go then using the save on Qaasim, who I enjoyed at times but wouldn't have used the save on him, the following week was a disappointment.

Good job on the clues placement. 👍

060. Fair enough about her on the show though I'm happy to see she grew on you during the tour.

059. I probably would've enjoyed him more and ranked him higher if he would've toned down the shrieking. Nice to see he was one of your secondary favorites and was happy with the end result. 👍

058. Yes her ignoring the guest mentors' advice was hilarious. :dead: I would've loved to see the video montage of her doing it. Fair enough about her on the show; at least you enjoyed one of her performances.

057. I'm glad someone acknowledged the gifs. 😅 He does have an amazing voice and did give some great performances. He just needed to learn how to dial back some and not over-sing when it's not needed.

056. I pretty much agree with what was written here. Glad to see you appreciate my WGWG joke regarding him. :haha: As for posting his and Joshua's duet in between them, to quote a Hall and Oates title, "Missed Opportunity"! 🤦‍♂️:haha:

Nice job with the clues again! 👍

055. Not much to say but again pretty much agree with everything here.

054. Yeah, his elimination was disappointing. As I mentioned earlier, that B2 sucked because they were my Top 2 of the season, so even with the save used I was going to lose someone I liked. Nice to see his audition will always be a stand out for you.

053. Fair enough about her

052. Yes, no matter what he does, he always seem to come in second. Maybe one day he'll break through and be first at something. :haha: There always seems to be that one contestant who draws us in and makes us fans of the show. I'd be interested to see who that is for everyone. Of course, mine will be revealed later in this ranking. ;) As for Clay, yes he is talented and nice to see he's one of your all-time favorites.

051. He really did have the best underdog journey and was the little engine that could. :thumbs: Yes, his musicality and creativity were great to watch and completely agreed about Heartless being a stand out. That was probably the game changer that propelled him to victory. 👍

For this set, you got them all right. Unfortunately, someone got them all first...

We'll see what happens when the next set arrives. Unfortunately, it won't be tonight because I haven't finished the write-ups. I'll try to have them up tomorrow evening.

1 hour ago, miss denise said:

I would say I love about half of the contestants remaining. :yes: A few would make my Top 10 (not sure how many for my Top 50 as I can't think of that so easily :haha:  ) And then a few I'm very surprised to see rank this high, so your comments will be interesting to see. ^_^ 

I have a feeling I know the few who are surprising. I won't say anything until I'm ready to post them though. ;)

Posted (edited)

Sorry I’m a little late, but here’s my comments:

1.  Anoop — he wasn’t versatile enough, since up-tempo songs were his weak spot.

2.  Jeremiah — I think that Jeremiah was a victim of his own consistency and many of his songs being so similar.  Had Wade been in the Bottom 2 and not Laci, I’m sure that Jeremiah would have been spared.  But the judges probably wanted two girls and not just one.

3.  Laci wasn’t my favorite but I’m glad that she went out on a high note.

4.  Clay is the only guy I ever voted for from the start.  I think that part of it was because he worked with Special Ed. kids.  That said, his comments on Catie weren’t so smart.

5.  I voted for Kris in the Final 3.  There were no more girls, I didn’t think Danny was good enough and the other option was Adam, whom I’d never have voted for.  Thus I was thrilled when Kris beat Adam.

Edited by CarmenSandiego

On 7/13/2020 at 12:30 AM, Crisis said:

Season 11

Hollie Cavanagh

Skylar Gray

Elise Testone

Erika Van Pelt

Just wanted to point out that you got Skylar Laine’s last name wrong here because I’m annoying... 😅

8 hours ago, CarmenSandiego said:

Sorry I’m a little late, but here’s my comments:

1.  Anoop — he wasn’t versatile enough, since up-tempo songs were his weak spot.

2.  Jeremiah — I think that Jeremiah was a victim of his own consistency and many of his songs being so similar.  Had Wade been in the Bottom 2 and not Laci, I’m sure that Jeremiah would have been spared.  But the judges probably wanted two girls and not just one.

3.  Laci wasn’t my favorite but I’m glad that she went out on a high note.

4.  Clay is the only guy I ever voted for from the start.  I think that part of it was because he worked with Special Ed. kids.  That said, his comments on Catie weren’t so smart.

5.  I voted for Kris in the Final 3.  There were no more girls, I didn’t think Danny was good enough and the other option was Adam, whom I’d never have voted for.  Thus I was thrilled when Kris beat Adam.

1. As much as I like him, I agree with this. 😕

2. That's a good point regarding the first sentence. I pretty much agree with everything else.

3. Fair enough about Laci. I'm glad she went out on a high note as well.

4. Completely understandable about voting for Clay, especially considering how dear it is. Pretty much agree with the last sentence.

5. Pretty much agree with everything written here.

1 hour ago, Bk1234 said:

Just wanted to point out that you got Skylar Laine’s last name wrong here because I’m annoying... 😅

:oops:

I went ahead and fixed it. That's what I get for rushing. :dead:

• Haha 1

s17  is gone

Who I Think will be the last standing for each season

s1 - Kelly Clarkson

s2 - Kimberley Locke

s3 - Jennifer Hudson

s4 - Carrie Underwood

s5 -  Chris Daughtry

s6 -  Jordin Sparks

s7 -  David Cook

s8 -  Allison Iraheta

s9 -  Crystal Bowersox

s10 -  Haley Reinhart

s11 -  Elise Testone

s12 - Angie Miller

s13 -  Jessica Meuse

s14 -  Clark Beckham

s15 -  La'Porsha Renae

s16 -  Maddie Poppe

s17 - Laci Kaye Booth

2 hours ago, thevoiceisthetop said:

s17  is gone

Who I Think will be the last standing for each season

s1 - Kelly Clarkson

s2 - Kimberley Locke

s3 - Jennifer Hudson

s4 - Carrie Underwood

s5 -  Chris Daughtry

s6 -  Jordin Sparks

s7 -  David Cook

s8 -  Allison Iraheta

s9 -  Crystal Bowersox

s10 -  Haley Reinhart

s11 -  Elise Testone

s12 - Angie Miller

s13 -  Jessica Meuse

s14 -  Clark Beckham

s15 -  La'Porsha Renae

s16 -  Maddie Poppe

s17 - Laci Kaye Booth

I’m pretty sure @Crisis confirmed that Erika Van Pelt would be the last one standing for S11, as she was their favorite.