Crisis On Hand: An American Idol Finalists Ranking List

Crisis

7 hours ago, Elliott said:

070. Jena Irene - Jena was my second favourite during S13 and I think she's under appreciated for what she could've brought to Idol. As much as I hate using the term, she was probably the most "current" finalist Idol had ever casted in terms of musical style. Her piano ballads were my favourite of hers, but I also really loved her performance of My Body as well. Clarity was a bit of a mess, but I did love the "Get those glowsticks up!" memes that amounted from it. Shame that she lost the 80s karaoke bar tribute band lead singer tbh.

069. Diana DeGarmo - With the exception of Don't Cry Out Loud, I didn't really care for anything she did and thought she overstayed her welcome tremendously that season. (Not as much as Jasmine did, obviously.) 

068. Alex Preston - I liked him in S13 but I'm still pretty meh on him all things considered. I would've rather taken Jessica in the final four over him.

067. Michael J. Woodard - He was an early favourite of mine in S16, but he kind of fizzled after Disney week. I still would've put him in the finale over Gabby, though.

066. Casey Abrams - He was one of the better parts of S10, imo, despite his inconsistency. He turned in several performances I enjoyed, though I hated his Nirvana performance with a burning passion. I'm also of the mindset that I'd rather see the save used earlier in the season rather than later on. Since the judges had no way of foreseeing Pia's robbery two weeks later, I was also fine with him getting the save as I don't think he should've left at the Top 11.

070. Completely understandable about Jena being the most "current" in terms of musical style. Despite my somewhat conflicting feelings towards her, I felt the same though I like the 80s karaoke bar tribute band lead singer, at least during the season.

069. Fair enough

068. I thought Jessica made the final four. Maybe it was meant to be final three. Fair enough regarding Alex

067. Fair enough. I would've had him in the finale over Gabby as well (apologies to miss denise and Bk1234) 🥶

066. Can't say I disagree with everything said here

Now for a clue explanation for the most recent set:

Jena Irene - Responsible for one of the biggest memes from Idol (this one should be self-explanatory :giggle:)

Diana DeGarmo - It is certainly something within this finalist (referencing I Got The Music In Me, which she sang during the semis)

Alex Preston - "I gotta pee!" (referring to when he would lift his legs up and down making it look like he needed to use the restroom badly. It was the most movement he did in any of his performances :giggle:)

Michael J. Woodard - Had a few strikes and gutter balls (Michael worked at a bowling alley prior to auditioning for Idol, and strikes and gutter balls are two bowling terminology sayings. It's also a play on words regarding his performances)

Casey Abrams - A shocking debate (during the S10 Finale, there was a skit in which Casey and James argued whose elimination was more shocking; in Casey's case it referred to his original elimination. The best part was Pia stealing the show by showing up in the end with a tiara and sash with "Most Shocking" written on it :haha:)

I had some down time at work today, so I was able to bang out a few write-ups. I finished the last one not too long ago and should have all of them up in my next post, probably within an hour or so. 👍

Edited by Crisis

Alright, here are the clues for 65-61:

- Dated an Idol winner
- An early end after a journey of perseverance
- A song title that may or may not fit this finalist
- Had a sibling who competed in an earlier season
- Hopefully, the last one for a long while...

65. Michael Lynche: Season 9 (4th Place)

5bd075251dbe73657cde83d0717128f3_original.JPG?ixlib=rb-2.1.0&crop=faces&w=1552&h=873&fit=crop&v=1463703962&auto=format&frame=1&q=92&s=f72ea1c7d19f9f5bf976796a2aae969c

We're going to go to S9 to lead off the new set, and to do so we have Michael Lynche aka Big Mike. Also, another season where all the male finalists bite the dust. :haha: I thought Big Mike had a nice voice though I felt he squealed a bit when he was in his upper register. I remember he got a lot of air time during the Hollywood Rounds mainly because his wife was going into labor at the time. As for his time on Idol, I felt his first half was much stronger than his second half. He got off to a bit of a rough start with This Love in the first round of the semis. It was just forgettable and a poor song choice for him. However, he rebounded the next two weeks with Its A Man’s Man’s World and This Woman’s Work, with the latter reducing Kara into a crying, blubbery mess; I guess she felt she had to fill one pair of shoes that Paula left behind. 🙄 Anyway, Big Mike started off fine in the finals with his first two performances before giving my personal favorite of his with Ready For Love. It was my favorite version done on the show until La’Porsha’s version overtook it. The following week he was initially eliminated after an OK rendition of Eleanor Rigby; however, he was the recipient of the save that season. I remember there being some outcry because it was thought Didi should’ve gotten it the week before. As much as I like Didi (she hasn’t appeared yet after all) and wouldn’t have minded if she got the save, I felt Big Mike was worthy of it as well. From there, he would give some OK performances though they, with the exception of maybe The Way You Look Tonight, weren’t as strong as his earlier showings. His last performance, Will You Be There, was his weakest and thus, he was eliminated for good after it. He doesn’t appear to be a popular contestant around these parts, but I can say I enjoyed Big Mike quite a bit during S9.

64. Kimberly Caldwell: Season 2 (7th Place)

kimberly-caldwell-at-bloom-summit-in-los

The next finalist to appear comes from S2. Kimberly was this outgoing girl who had a nice raspy voice which was very suitable for pop-rock. However, I don’t think she really lived up to her potential on Idol. I don't know if it had to do with her song choices or not really taking the competition seriously (at least that's the vibe I got from her); maybe it was both. Anyway, outside of her performances, the main thing she is probably best known for is her feud with Julia DeMato during the Hollywood Rounds. Funny enough, the two were paired in Group 1 during the semis (maybe the producers were hoping for more fireworks between the two). Kimberly sang Come To My Window, which I thought was the best performance of the Group and her best overall. However, she was not one of the Top 2 vote getters and thus did not advance to the finals. I’d like to think her spat with Julia may have had something to do with her not advancing, seeing that Kimberly could've being seen as the aggressor and Julia the victim. In addition, Julia did give a solid performance in the semis. Still I probably would’ve had Kimberly and Trenyce advance instead of Julia and Charles, but what can you do. Fortunately, she was invited to participate in the WC Round where she sang I Feel The Earth Move. It was a solid performance, but it wasn’t as strong as CTMW. Regardless, she was Randy’s WC pick and was able to go to the finals. I liked her first two performances Nowhere To Run and The Shoop Shoop Song (It’s In His Kiss), with the latter being really fun. Unfortunately, I can’t say I enjoyed any of her other performances. One I really wasn’t fond of was Everything I Do (I Do It For You); it was a performance I couldn’t wait for it to end. Post-Idol, I know she hosted some red carpet events for Idol and released an album though I haven’t heard any music from it. Overall, while I did like her, I don’t think Kimberly showed everything she was capable of on Idol.

63. Janelle Arthur: Season 12 (5th Place)

MV5BMTY0NTE2NDQxM15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwNjUzNjk2OTE@._V1_.jpg

Another one from S12's Fab Five ladies falls in this ranking. Janelle was the token country singer during S12. While she may have been the weakest vocalist of the girls, I felt she was the most fun, and she was someone who I looked forward to every week if only to see what she would do. Janelle’s Idol journey did not get off to the most ideal start. Her first semifinals performance Just A Kiss was really rough; she looked and sounded nervous throughout the song. In fact, I don’t know if I would’ve advanced her after it. However, she was picked to advance and gave a better performance the following week with If I Can Dream. She eventually made the finals and sang Home for her victory song which I enjoyed. She sang Gone the following week, which was a fun performance, though Scotty owns that song on Idol. I also liked I Will during Top 9. However, her overall best performance came the following week with You Keep Me Hangin’ On. She completely changed the song up to fit her style, and I don’t think she got enough credit for it. As a matter of fact, it’s in my Top 10 performances of the season. While she never reached that peak during the remainder of her time on Idol, she gave a few more performances I enjoyed. The one I liked a lot was Dumb Blonde, if only because I think the song completely went over the judges’ heads and I’d like to think it was a bit tongue in cheek. 🤭 It would be Janelle’s last as she was eliminated after it. The last thing I want to mention was her performing with The Band Perry in the S12 Finale, where she really got down! It may have been my favorite celebrity pairing of the bunch. As mentioned, Janelle was a lot of fun and someone who I enjoyed quite a bit during her season.

62. Michael Johns: Season 7 (8th Place)

Michael-Johns-Getty.jpg

Michael was one of three finalists of S7 who wasn’t born in the US (Carly and Ramiele being the other two). Also like Carly, Michael was accused of being a plant because he had a record deal prior to being on Idol. I’ve mentioned this before, but this doesn’t really bother me. I believe the rules state that as long as a hopeful doesn’t currently have a record deal and are upfront about it with the producers, they are eligible to audition and be a part of Idol. As for Michael’s Idol run, he appeared to be this soul/rock hybrid who leaned more towards the rock side. I felt he would’ve been better off leaning more towards his soul side because David Cook pretty much had the rock vote locked down; therefore, Michael could’ve had that category all to himself. Performance wise, Michael had a few gems with the rest being no worse than average with a couple of exceptions. If I were to pick his worst performance, it would be A Day In The Life, if only because it’s a song that can’t be done justice in the limited time the performances have. Everything else, with the exception of Dream On, I enjoyed in some form or another. My favorites were the We Will Rock You/We Are The Champions hybrid and especially It’s All Wrong But It’s Alright. Speaking of Dream On, it was his final performance as he was eliminated the night before. His elimination was certainly memorable, if only for not so positive reasons. For starters, it was considered to be somewhat of a shock because he had never been in the B3 prior and Carly and Syesha have; hence, it was thought one of those two would leave. Also, the way his elimination was handled was not a good look, to put it mildly. Because it was Idol Gives Back and no one was eliminated during IGB the previous season, Ryan made it sound like Michael was going to stay. However, Ryan was all LOL nope, you’re going home tonight. 😒 Post-Idol, I really enjoyed the Life Is Okay duet he did with Brooke, and I believe he released an album. Sadly, Michael passed away in August 2014 from a fatty liver and something called dilated cardiomyopathy at age 35. May he RIP. 💔 😢

61. Sarina-Joi Crowe: Season 14 (12th Place)

EP-301139963.jpg

Closing out the set is Sarina-Joi Crowe. After five seasons (1, 6, 9, 10, and 12) in which all of the male finalists have been listed, it’s time for one where all of the female finalists are ranked. In this case, the unlucky season is S14. I guess it makes sense because I felt the guys were stronger as a whole. Anyway, Sarina has the honor of being the last female standing. She was probably the best technical singer of the females that season. She was also a story of perseverance as she had tried out multiple times, I believe it was four, before finally breaking through. She got off to a really strong start in the semis with Mama Knows Best. It was the perfect combination of vocals and showmanship. It showed she came out ready to compete, and it was my favorite performance of hers. Her next performance, You Really Got A Hold On Me, was another strong showing of hers. Based on those two performances alone, I felt she had a very good shot at being the last female standing. However, that came crashing down in the first round of the finals with Love Runs Out. Her pitch was way off, and it sounded like the band and background singers overpowered her. I believe she said she couldn’t hear herself over the band due to her equipment malfunctioning. Either way, the love ran out for Sarina from the voters as she received the fewest amount of votes. She had a chance to receive the save; unfortunately, her performance of Neon Lights wasn’t the most save worthy effort and hence, Sarina’s time on Idol came to a disappointing end after such a strong start. Based on her last two performances, I could understand why the judges didn’t save her. However, there would be some outcry the following week because the save would be used on Qaasim. Though I enjoyed Qaasim at times, I felt the save would’ve been much better used on Sarina. Regardless, Sarina was someone I was disappointed didn’t last longer than she did.

065. Michael Lynche

064. Kimberly Caldwell

063. Janelle Arthur

062. Michael Johns

061. Sarina-Joi Crowe

What's to come the next time around:

- Idol royalty

- The greatest singer to set foot on the Idol stage

- Who needs advice?

- Nothing to pawn here...

- "All you gotta do is smile that smile, and there go all my defenses..."

Edited by Crisis

not going to apologize for hijacking the thread earlier. DILLON JAMES  GOT SIGNED TO UMG NASHVILLE AND 19/HR!!! :thumbsup::ohyeah:

now for my guesses: 

065. Michael Lynche -  Had a sibling who competed in an earlier season. his brother was a semifinalist on the 3rd season. and thank you wikipedia for that bit on information! 

064. Kimberly Caldwell -  Dated an Idol winner. she used to date with david cook.

063. Janelle Arthur - A song title that may or may not fit this finalist. she did dumb blonde by dolly parton. is that why you wrote it? 

062. Michael Johns -  Hopefully, the last one for a long while... let's hope he'll be the last one as well. damn he was my fav on season 7 and i wanted him to win badly. his early elimination still stings especially the way he was treated on the show and that ugly comment from simon that he doesn't know who he is. michael knew very well who he is and what kind of artist he was. a blues/rocker. but they already had david cook in that box so they tried to steer him to a pop/soul direction that wasn't him. and they clashed. i loved ALL his performances. his voice was ten times better than both the davids. i kind of wish he played his guitar on the show and maybe he would have lasted longer. his dream on was a surprise as it was the first time aerosmith allowed one of their songs on the show (the asteroid song don't count because they didn't write it) and it was one of the best performances that week. his death hurt even more because he never fulfilled his potential. but i still listen to his pre idol music once in awhile. :broken::(

061.  Sarina-Joi Crowe -  An early end after a journey of perseverance. after 4 years auditioning she finally made it to the live shows only to be eliminated too early. 

Edited by blackfield
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Crisis said:

065. Michael Lynche

064. Kimberly Caldwell

063. Janelle Arthur

062. Michael Johns

061. Sarina-Joi Crowe

Good job to @blackfield for getting the clues right (I think 😅). 

My Opinions

Micheal Lynche- No comment. 

Kimberly Caldwell- No comment. 

Janelle Arthur- I really liked Janelle for the same reason. She was very fun! However, I also enjoyed the pretty things that she did to her voice in some of her slower songs. ❤️ 

Michael Johns- Ugh, this one hurts... 😕 Before I start to get upset, I just wanted to point out a mistake in your write-up. Michael was actually one of three, with Ramiele being born in Saudi Arabia. Anyway, Michael was one of my favorite finalists from S7, a season with a great group of them. He just seemed to have such an honest and kind-hearted personality. I also really enjoyed his performances. Of course I liked “It’s All Wrong But It’s Alright.” I wasn’t too pleased with Simon’s comment after “Dream On.” Since when did the judges decide who the contestants wanted to be as an artist? 🤔😒 I also disliked how his elimination was handled. It gave me hope, but then Ryan destroyed it... 😕 I personally thought Carly should’ve gone home that night, but I really liked Carly, so I didn’t mind her staying. Also, rip 💔... 😢

Sarina-Joi Crowe- I didn’t care for Qaasim, so maybe Sarina would have been the better option to save? Another instance where a 12th place finalist screws up on a song and then gets out, even though they had huge potential (Emily Piriz ❤️ was the first imo). 

6 hours ago, blackfield said:

not going to apologize for hijacking the thread earlier. DILLON JAMES  GOT SIGNED TO UMG NASHVILLE AND 19/HR!!! :thumbsup::ohyeah:

now for my guesses: 

065. Michael Lynche -  Had a sibling who competed in an earlier season. his brother was a semifinalist on the 3rd season. and thank you wikipedia for that bit on information! 

064. Kimberly Caldwell -  Dated an Idol winner. she used to date with david cook.

063. Janelle Arthur - A song title that may or may not fit this finalist. she did dumb blonde by dolly parton. is that why you wrote it? 

062. Michael Johns -  Hopefully, the last one for a long while... let's hope he'll be the last one as well. damn he was my fav on season 7 and i wanted him to win badly. his early elimination still stings especially the way he was treated on the show and that ugly comment from simon that he doesn't know who he is. michael knew very well who he is and what kind of artist he was. a blues/rocker. but they already had david cook in that box so they tried to steer him to a pop/soul direction that wasn't him. and they clashed. i loved ALL his performances. his voice was ten times better than both the davids. i kind of wish he played his guitar on the show and maybe he would have lasted longer. his dream on was a surprise as it was the first time aerosmith allowed one of their songs on the show (the asteroid song don't count because they didn't write it) and it was one of the best performances that week. his death hurt even more because he never fulfilled his potential. but i still listen to his pre idol music once in awhile. :broken::(

061.  Sarina-Joi Crowe -  An early end after a journey of perseverance. after 4 years auditioning she finally made it to the live shows only to be eliminated too early. 

Fine, be that way! ;)

5/5 on the guesses! As for the commentary, I'll focus on two:

065. Yep, his older brother Marque (who is also no longer with us...) was a semifinalist in S3. In fact, you could see Michael in the audience clapping after Marque's performance.

062. Yeah, I remember how the show, especially Simon, treated him. I could see why they wanted him to go in that direction musically; however, if that's not who Michael was, they were bound to clash. I agree about him not really fulfilling his potential and how his death hurt more because of it.

4 hours ago, Bk1234 said:

Good job to @blackfield for getting the clues right (I think 😅). 

My Opinions

Micheal Lynche- No comment. 

Kimberly Caldwell- No comment. 

Janelle Arthur- I really liked Janelle for the same reason. She was very fun! However, I also enjoyed the pretty things that she did to her voice in some of her slower songs. ❤️ 

Michael Johns- Ugh, this one hurts... 😕 Before I start to get upset, I just wanted to point out a mistake in your write-up. Michael was actually one of three, with Ramiele being born in Saudi Arabia. Anyway, Michael was one of my favorite finalists from S7, a season with a great group of them. He just seemed to have such an honest and kind-hearted personality. I also really enjoyed his performances. Of course I liked “It’s All Wrong But It’s Alright.” I wasn’t too pleased with Simon’s comment after “Dream On.” Since when did the judges decide who the contestants wanted to be as an artist? 🤔😒 I also disliked how his elimination was handled. It gave me hope, but then Ryan destroyed it... 😕 I personally thought Carly should’ve gone home that night, but I really liked Carly, so I didn’t mind her staying. Also, rip 💔... 😢

Sarina-Joi Crowe- I didn’t care for Qaasim, so maybe Sarina would have been the better option to save? Another instance where a 12th place finalist screws up on a song and then gets out, even though they had huge potential (Emily Piriz ❤️ was the first imo). 

Janelle Arthur: I pretty much agree with everything said here

Michael J.: I was unaware of Ramiele being born in Saudi Arabia; I'll add it after this post. 👍 As for the rest of the commentary, again I pretty much agree with everything said, except I would've rather seen Syesha leave instead at the time. :ph34rwave:

Sarina-Joi Crowe: Sadly, agree with everything here... :(

065. Michael Lynche - My least favourite contestant from S9's finals and one of the worst overall. I couldn't stand the tone of his voice, and his personality on the show rubbed me the wrong way. I was disgusted they saved him.

064. Kimberly Caldwell - One of my all-time favourite Idol contestants. I haven't ever gotten to see her live because I didn't get super into Idol until S6, but I've talked to her a few times on Twitter and she always seemed so sweet. ❤️ I loved her spunk on the show, and I enjoyed most of her performances. She's made a niche career for herself, and I think she tends to be overlooked as one of the success stories just because she isn't some huge pop star. Her album was also full of bops and I still listen to it regularly. My favourite tracks were Desperate Boys & Stupid Girls, Naked, Mess of You and Human After All; I also liked the newer singles she released, with my two favourites being On the Weekend and Tied Together (which was one of the songs my husband and I had playing at our wedding). She also did a really nice interview a few years ago talking about what Idol was able to do for her, and what she regrets about the experience (which essentially was that because she was on the show when it was so new that she didn't take it as seriously as she should've), which I thought was refreshing.

063. Janelle Arthur - She had a couple of nice performances, but I wouldn't really have kept her around as long as she lasted. I preferred her to Amber, though.

062. Michael Johns - One of my favourites in S7, and his passing really upset me. :(

061. Sarina-Joi Crowe - One of the most robbed contestants across the series, imo. She was easily the best of the semi-finals, and it was sad to see her stumble so much in the finals (though she's talked about how they were all having issues with their in-ear monitors not allowing them to hear the band properly, so that probably contributed to it.) I thought Neon Lights was a good song for the theme, but there was no way it was going to work as a "Save Me" song when she was already on edge from potentially being eliminated. 🙄 I was upset by Her leaving in 12th, and then the judges saving Qaasim of all people a week later was cringe.

Edited by Elliott

Here’s my comments on the rankings:

1.  This was a good spot for Michael.  He began well but apparently faded.

2.  Kimberly was a bit more of a performer than a singer.

3.  Janelle was the weakest vocalist among the women but she still did well.  This ranking is about right.

4.  I do wish Michael had been saved because of Idol Gives Back.  I wonder why they didn’t save him.

5.  Sigh.  Sarina-Joy was my favorite from Season 14.  I was so disappointed when she stumbled so badly and was eliminated without being saved only to save Qaasim the following week.  Darned equipment malfunction!  I think that I lost much of my interest in Season 14 after that.

2 hours ago, Crisis said:

Fine, be that way! ;)

5/5 on the guesses! As for the commentary, I'll focus on two:

065. Yep, his older brother Marque (who is also no longer with us...) was a semifinalist in S3. In fact, you could see Michael in the audience clapping after Marque's performance.

062. Yeah, I remember how the show, especially Simon, treated him. I could see why they wanted him to go in that direction musically; however, if that's not who Michael was, they were bound to clash. I agree about him not really fulfilling his potential and how his death hurt more because of it.

omg! yeah! finally i have managed to get right all your hints!!!

didn't watch the semi finals of that season. only from top 12 or 10.. and frankly i already knew fantasia won so it was just watching the fantasia show.. 

as for simon's comment for michael i think it was rude of him to even say it and waited for an apology that never came. too late to ask for now.. 

Edited by blackfield

3 hours ago, Elliott said:

065. Michael Lynche - My least favourite contestant from S9's finals and one of the worst overall. I couldn't stand the tone of his voice, and his personality on the show rubbed me the wrong way. I was disgusted they saved him.

064. Kimberly Caldwell - One of my all-time favourite Idol contestants. I haven't ever gotten to see her live because I didn't get super into Idol until S6, but I've talked to her a few times on Twitter and she always seemed so sweet. ❤️ I loved her spunk on the show, and I enjoyed most of her performances. She's made a niche career for herself, and I think she tends to be overlooked as one of the success stories just because she isn't some huge pop star. Her album was also full of bops and I still listen to it regularly. My favourite tracks were Desperate Boys & Stupid Girls, Naked, Mess of You and Human After All; I also liked the newer singles she released, with my two favourites being On the Weekend and Tied Together (which was one of the songs my husband and I had playing at our wedding). She also did a really nice interview a few years ago talking about what Idol was able to do for her, and what she regrets about the experience (which essentially was that because she was on the show when it was so new that she didn't take it as seriously as she should've), which I thought was refreshing.

063. Janelle Arthur - She had a couple of nice performances, but I wouldn't really have kept her around as long as she lasted. I preferred her to Amber, though.

062. Michael Johns - One of my favourites in S7, and his passing really upset me. :(

061. Sarina-Joi Crowe - One of the most robbed contestants across the series, imo. She was easily the best of the semi-finals, and it was sad to see her stumble so much in the finals (though she's talked about how they were all having issues with their in-ear monitors not allowing them to hear the band properly, so that probably contributed to it.) I thought Neon Lights was a good song for the theme, but there was no way it was going to work as a "Save Me" song when she was already on edge from potentially being eliminated. 🙄 I was upset by Her leaving in 12th, and then the judges saving Qaasim of all people a week later was cringe.

065. :( With that said, I understand and respect how others could feel that way about him

064. Nice to see she appears to be sweet on Twitter, considering the cesspool that platform can be at times. I listened to the songs listed, and I enjoyed them, with Tied Together being my favorite of the group. Good to see that she appears to have some self-awareness, at least regarding her experience on Idol.

063. Fair enough. At least she managed to outlast all of the guys and based on the rankings, I preferred her to Amber as well. :haha:

062. Agreed about his passing. :( 💔

061. Pretty much agreed with everything written here. S14's format left a lot to be desired. 👎

2 hours ago, CarmenSandiego said:

Here’s my comments on the rankings:

1.  This was a good spot for Michael.  He began well but apparently faded.

2.  Kimberly was a bit more of a performer than a singer.

3.  Janelle was the weakest vocalist among the women but she still did well.  This ranking is about right.

4.  I do wish Michael had been saved because of Idol Gives Back.  I wonder why they didn’t save him.

5.  Sigh.  Sarina-Joy was my favorite from Season 14.  I was so disappointed when she stumbled so badly and was eliminated without being saved only to save Qaasim the following week.  Darned equipment malfunction!  I think that I lost much of my interest in Season 14 after that.

1. Pretty much agree regarding him

2. I can see how this could be true

3. Pretty much agree with this

4. Yeah, they shouldn't have eliminated anyone that week considering they didn't do so a year before. The way they handled his elimination was terrible.

5. Too bad your favorite left so early. I can see how that happening can kill anyone's interest in a season.

1 hour ago, blackfield said:

omg! yeah! finally i have managed to get right all your hints!!!

didn't watch the semi finals of that season. only from top 12 or 10.. and frankly i already knew fantasia won so it was just watching the fantasia show.. 

as for simon's comment for michael i think it was rude of him to even say it and waited for an apology that never came. too late to ask for now.. 

Yes, you did! 👍

Yeah, S3 appeared to be the Fantasia show, especially when her main competition were eliminated.

Yeah, it's too late now unfortunately. ☹️

36 minutes ago, Bk1234 said:

I think I have an idea about some of the clues. 😁

I'm working on the next set now and will try to have it up sometime today. We'll see if your idea about some of the clues are correct. 😄

• Like 1

070. Jena Irene - One of the most inconsistent contestants ever, even for S13 standards and a very undeserving finale participant. Unbreakable Me, Decode, Bring Me To Life and Creep are my favorites from her too though. And, unpopular opinion, I didn't like Can't Help Falling in Love. She just did the Ingrid Michaelson version and sounded grating. 

069. Diana DeGarmo - Agreed with your thoughts, overrated at first, but her Get Happy, her disco performances, and especially her Don't Cry Out Loud perfomrnace at top 3 niht were great. Should've been a Fantasia/LaToya finale though. 

068. Alex Preston - Another S13 contestant that lasted far too long, and one of the many third placers that lasted far too long as well. I only liked his Stay and Sotry of My Life performances; the others were all nasally or boring, usually both. Good point about him never leaving his comfort zone too. 

067. Michael J. Woodard - Good voice, but could've benefited from singing some more modern songs; most of them sounded Disney to me. 

066. Casey Abrams - Talented, but I didn't really care about anything he did after his semis performance. I wouldn't have minded if he'd stayed eliminated the first time.

5 hours ago, ~Tom~ said:

070. Jena Irene - One of the most inconsistent contestants ever, even for S13 standards and a very undeserving finale participant. Unbreakable Me, Decode, Bring Me To Life and Creep are my favorites from her too though. And, unpopular opinion, I didn't like Can't Help Falling in Love. She just did the Ingrid Michaelson version and sounded grating. 

069. Diana DeGarmo - Agreed with your thoughts, overrated at first, but her Get Happy, her disco performances, and especially her Don't Cry Out Loud perfomrnace at top 3 niht were great. Should've been a Fantasia/LaToya finale though. 

068. Alex Preston - Another S13 contestant that lasted far too long, and one of the many third placers that lasted far too long as well. I only liked his Stay and Sotry of My Life performances; the others were all nasally or boring, usually both. Good point about him never leaving his comfort zone too. 

067. Michael J. Woodard - Good voice, but could've benefited from singing some more modern songs; most of them sounded Disney to me. 

066. Casey Abrams - Talented, but I didn't really care about anything he did after his semis performance. I wouldn't have minded if he'd stayed eliminated the first time.

070. Fair enough, though I don't know about undeserving.

069. Not much to say but pretty much agree. A Fantasia/LaToya showdown would've been epic...

068. Maybe, but considering the season he was one of the better ones sadly. I would've like to see him take more chances.

067. Can't say I disagree with this sentiment.

066. Fair enough

I'm wrapping up the next set. I should have it up within the next few hours.

Time for the new set. Here are the clues for 60-56:

- Idol royalty
- The greatest singer to set foot on the Idol stage
- Who needs advice?
- Nothing to pawn here...
- "All you gotta do is smile that smile, and there go all my defenses..."

60. Carly Smithson: Season 7 (6th Place)

PUMA+Social+Club+LA+Launch+Event+Arrivals+0nj7ZlDHVmUx.jpg

Starting off the new set is the S7 rock songbird. Carly was a contestant who had some lofty expectations placed upon her, especially by Simon which is probably why he was so hard on her. While I don’t think she quite lived up to them (then again, I don’t think anyone really can), she still had a solid run on Idol. There was a bit of controversy surrounding Carly at the beginning of the season because she had a record deal and an album prior to Idol. In addition, Randy was working at the label Carly was signed to; therefore, it was felt there could potentially have been some conflict of interest. As a result, it was believed that Carly shouldn’t have been allowed to be on Idol in the first place. Prior to all of this, she originally auditioned in S5 but was later disqualified because there were some issues with her visa. Needless to say, Carly had quite a beginning to her Idol journey. She started off with Shadow Of Your Smile in the semis, and to be honest, I found it a bit underwhelming. I did enjoy her next two performances (Crazy On You and I Drove All Night), however. I also like Come Together in the first round of the finals. I didn’t care for her subsequent two performances; however, the one after those two, Here You Come Again, was my personal favorite of hers. I loved that she did an acoustic version of it which allowed her voice to shine through. I also loved the version she did during the S15 Finale. Unfortunately, she would give my least favorite performance of hers the following week with The Show Must Go On. It started off well enough; however, it fell apart once she got to the chorus. It didn’t help that the background singers drowned her out at parts. I didn’t care for Without You the following week, either. She rebounded the following week with Superstar, which unfortunately would be her last as she was eliminated the following night. If I were to be objective, neither Carly nor Syesha should’ve been the B2 that week; I would’ve had Brooke and Jason there instead. I know Carly was the lead singer of the band We Are The Fallen post-Idol; however, I believe the band disabled some time back, so I don’t know what she’s doing now. Regardless, while Carly may not have lived up to expectations, I liked her quite a bit during her time on Idol.

59. Adam Lambert: Season 8 (2nd Place)

Adam_GLAAD_2019.jpg

Adam is certainly one of the most polarizing contestants in Idol history. In some circles, he is considered to be the best vocalist to set foot on the Idol stage. I don’t know if I’d go that far, but I’ll admit he objectively has one of the best voices Idol’s ever had. Another thing I’ll admit to is that he certainly was a captivating performer who knew how to work the stage; his theatrical background really paid dividends there. With that said, my issue wasn’t his voice; rather, it was how he used it. Most of the time, he would start off well enough and do something I would be interested in. However, he would then let out this horrific shriek out of nowhere; it drove me absolutely nuts and detracted from whatever he was doing. The worst thing is, he didn’t even have to do it because it didn’t add anything special to his performances; if anything, he was just showing off. Needless to say, the performances I enjoyed the most from him were the few where he didn’t shriek. The main two are Tracks Of My Tears and Mad World, with the latter being the most notable because it was the first time Simon ever gave a standing ovation to a performance on Idol. Another performance of his I enjoyed was Whole Lotta Love, though a better version came three years later (hint, hint); it was the one performance where the shrieking was appropriate. Finally, a performance of his I liked in a kind of weird way was Play That Funky Music. It didn’t sound anything like the original, and I dug it. One performance in particular I did not like at all was Ring Of Fire. Simon in a roundabout way said it was a love or hate performance; count me in on the hate side. I also didn’t like If I Can’t Have You or One. It was widely thought he would win S8 easily; however, the crown went to Kris Allen in what is considered to be one of the biggest upsets in Idol history. Unfortunately, some of his fans took it too personally and acted really terrible towards Kris and his fans. The worst Glamberts reminded me of some of the worst Claymates; I can’t tell who’s worse. As for Adam, despite not winning, he carved out a really nice career for himself. He released a few albums and did quite a bit of theatrical work. Whataya Want From Me was an ear-worm that was stuck in my head for a few days. In addition, he was the first Idol contestant to be a guest mentor in S9 when he mentored the Top 9. He has since been back a few more times to mentor and perform. Finally, I have to mention him becoming the front man of Queen, which is really huge seeing that Queen is one of the most famous rock bands of all time. In the end, despite some things I didn’t care for, Adam was a very captivating contestant who would’ve made a worthy winner if he were to be so.

58. LaKisha Jones: Season 6 (4th Place)

lakisha_highres.jpg

LaKisha was one of the “divas” from S6, and the title certainly fit her to a T. She had the biggest range out of all the finalists that season. As great as her upper register was, she was just as good at her lower register; I don’t think she gets enough credit for it. She certainly got off to a hot start with her three semifinals performances (And I Am Telling You I’m Not Going, Midnight Train To Georgia, and I Have Nothing). Based on those three, LaKisha went into the finals as a front runner for the Idol crown. One of the more memorable things about her was the running gag of how she would ignore the guest mentors’ suggestions and pretty much do the opposite of what they suggested. 🤣 Case in point, for her Top 12 performance God Bless The Child, Diana Ross suggested that LaKisha should use a mic stand for the performance; however, LaKisha sang without one. The following week, LaKisha was torn between picking Diamonds Are Forever and You’re My World. Lulu suggested YMW; however, LaKisha went with DAF. Fortunately for LaKisha, both performances we’re solid, though not at the level of her semifinals performances. Her next two performances, Last Dance and Stormy Weather were fine, though for the latter, she once again ignored the guest mentor’s (Tony Bennett) advice. He suggested to hold the last note rather than add the tag at the end. Guess what LaKisha did? 😂 LaKisha hit a rough patch the next three weeks, however. Her performances during that stretch (Conga, Jesus Take The Wheel, and I Believe) were among her worst of the season, with JTTW being my least favorite. She was fortunate there was no elimination during IGB because according to Nigel, she would’ve been the one to go home. The following week was Bon Jovi Week, and there were thoughts LaKisha would struggle with the theme, plus with there being a double elimination, she was one of the most vulnerable. However, LaKisha had other plans. She came out swinging with This Ain’t A Love Song, which was what I felt her best showing in the finals and my personal favorite of hers. It was enough for her to survive the double elimination; unfortunately, it wasn’t for long as she was eliminated the following week after giving two poor performances during the Top 4. While she may not have been able to keep up her front runner status, LaKisha was a strong singer who had plenty of shining moments on Idol.

57. Joshua Ledet: Season 11 (3rd Place)

joshua-ledet-american-idol-finale-for-the-farewell-season-01.jpg

standing ovation GIF standing ovation clap GIF well done good job GIF by America's Got Talent bill clinton applause GIF by Election 2016 the office applause GIF

I could just end the write-up right there. :giggle: However, I already have something written, so I guess I'll post it...

Stand to your feet and give a round of applause because Joshua Ledet has entered the countdown. :clap: Josh was the recipient of the most standing ovations from the judges during the season, which made him slightly overrated. Out of all of them, I would say there were only two performances in which they were warranted: When A Man Loves A Woman and It’s A Man’s Man’s Man’s World. Performance wise, Josh was very similar to Jacob Lusk in that they were both gospel singers who were prone to over-singing. The main difference is Josh had much better control of his voice than Jacob ever did. The main issue I had with Josh is his propensity to try to take every song to church even when it’s not needed. The most flagrant example of this was She’s Got A Way in which he started off well enough. However, he couldn’t help himself in the end and had to take it to the next level. He was also guilty of this in Ready For Love. I Believe was another poor showing; then again, only Fantasia can do that song justice. With this said, Josh did have his fair share of performances I enjoyed. Outside of the two I mentioned, one was his semifinals performance You Pulled Me Through. Another was Runaway Baby; it was a better up-tempo number than I Wish (as an aside, shout out to the dancer on top of the stairs; she was definitely doing her thing). Finally, I thought No More Drama was underrated and my favorite of his Top 3 performances. If there was any song that warranted the church treatment, it was that one. He eventually finished third, though despite my thoughts on him I felt he did enough to be in the finale, at least over Jessica. Speaking of the finale, Josh had his fair share of spots. One highlight was the skit where everyone was literally singing the phone book and the others looking at Josh and walking away because he even tried to take that to church. 😂 Another was him falling on his butt while trying to do the splits in his dance number. :giggle: Lastly, I want to mention his S15 Finale spot where it looked like he was either having an outer body experience or on the verge of a stroke; he definitely got lost in his performance. Despite his slight overrated-ness, Josh was a strong singer and a positive part of a very strong cast.

56. Phillip Phillips: Season 11 (1st Place)

phillip_phillips_pr_2013_l.jpg

Closing out the set is the winner and last male of S11. Phillip is someone who I’ve come to appreciate more after his season. During his season I didn’t care for him at all because I resigned myself to knowing he would win easily if he were to make it to the voting rounds due to him simply being a WGWG. As a result, I didn’t pay much attention to him and focused more on other contestants. Outside of this, one of the things that bugged me was him not sticking to any melodies; Steven Tyler would even mention this and then brush it off as if it was nothing, which annoyed me to no end because I'd like to think melodies are important in songs. 🙄 In addition, he looked completely lost without his guitar; this was especially evident in the two duets he did with Elise. If there was one thing I appreciated about him, it was he stuck to his guns and didn’t let the show try to change him too much. My favorite was Tommy Hilfiger suggesting not to wear gray on gray, yet Phillip went and did it anyway. 🤭 With all of this said, I went back and watched his performances and was surprised at how much I liked most of them. I liked his first five performances with my favorite being Still Rainin’. I didn’t care much for That’s All, even though I am a fan of the song. I also didn’t care much for Give A Little More. The following week he gave my second favorite performance of his with U Got It Bad; it was a nice jazzy rendition of the song though I felt it got away a bit from him at the end. Unfortunately, I didn’t care for his other Top 7 Redux performance, nor did I care for either of both of his Top 6 nor especially both of his Top 5 performances. His Top 5 showings were easily his weakest efforts. The Letter was just a bad vocal all the way around. However, it was nothing compared to Time Of The Season. I still shudder at him trying to hit those falsetto notes; at least Blake was smart enough to not even attempt them. 🥶 Despite this, he managed to not land in the bottom because he was a WGWG and therefore, had superpowers. He rebounded the following week, and while I didn’t care for Have You Ever Seen The Rain, I absolutely loved Volcano, which was my favorite of his. He had a pretty strong Top 3 showing and went on to predictably win the crown the week after. His coronation song Home is one of the best to come from Idol, and I think it being played at the Olympics really benefited Phillip’s career at the beginning. I haven’t really listened to a lot of his post-Idol stuff; however, I do remember liking Gone, Gone, Gone and Raging Fire. He certainly has one of the better post-Idol careers of the winners. The last thing I want to mention is I absolutely commend him going through the season while battling kidney stones so bad he required surgery. I’ve had kidney stones before; they’re a :censored:, so I could only imagine the pain he went through. While I started off not caring for him, Phillip is another contestant I’ve come to appreciate over the years.

060. Carly Smithson

059. Adam Lambert

058. LaKisha Jones

057. Joshua Ledet

056. Phillip Phillips

There you have it. One more set to go before the Top 50. Here are the clues for the next set:

- A song title that definitely came true on this finalist's Idol run

- This finalist always seems to finish 2nd no matter what

- This finalist certainly didn't lack a vital organ

- Not quite nirvana
- Where's the country?

14 hours ago, Crisis said:

060. Carly Smithson

059. Adam Lambert

058. LaKisha Jones

057. Joshua Ledet

056. Phillip Phillips

My Opinions

-“All you gotta do is smile that smile, and there go all my defenses..."- Carly Smithson. Carly was one of my favorite finalists from S7 (probably in my Top 3 finalists of the season). While I didn’t think the comparisons were justified, I did think that she was still a very powerful vocalist. 👍 I enjoyed all of her performances in the finals except “The Show Must Go On,” which even I will admit, was a trainwreck. 😅 Like I mentioned before, I thought Carly should have been eliminated when Michael was, though I didn’t mind her staying around. I agree with what you said about Brooke and Jason on the Top 6 results night. After Brooke’s start and stop and Jason’s disastrous song choice, they both should have been in the bottom 2 instead of Carly and Syesha, who gave pretty strong performances. 😔

-Idol royalty- Adam Lambert. Let’s hope you don’t get too much backlash for this one... 🤞I am not really a huge fan of singers who do drastic things to their voices, so Adam’s shriek was annoying!!!! 😒 However, I will admit that he was a very great singer (maybe he was the greatest? 🤔) and had what it took to win. I still can’t stand Adam’s fans who are just plain nasty to Kris and his fans... Especially since Kris and Adam have such a good relationship. (Also, I’m more than happy that Kris won, but I’ll save that for when he’s ranked! 😊

-Who needs advice?- LaKisha Jones. No comment. 

-The greatest singer to set foot on the Idol stage-Joshua Ledet. In my opinion, Joshua could ruin a song or slay a song with his over singing. I enjoyed some of his performances, but I hated when he got to a really high place with his voice because his voice just seemed to scrunch up if that makes sense... 😅 Joshua was probably my least favorite out of the Top 7, but I didn’t hate him... 👍

- Nothing to pawn here...- Phillip Phillips. Phillip had some pretty solid performances and some pretty bad ones. However, the thing I liked most about Phillip was his take on the glam of being a star. He showed that he truly cared about delivering the music in the most authentic way. I also loved his interaction with Tommy Hilfiger, but it didn’t beat when Heejun told Tommy that Jessica Sanchez was his biggest fashion idol! 😂 Overall, Phillip was someone who I enjoyed more because of their personality. However, I still did enjoy some performances. 😊

Edited by Bk1234
  • Thanks 1

I won’t be guessing the clues, but I will be commenting on the contestants:

1.  This is a pretty good spot for Carly.  She was very good but not consistent enough to get close to the finale.

2.  You probably hit the reason why I couldn’t stand Adam, or at least one of the main reasons:  his shrieking.  I couldn’t stand it and by the Final 4, I was ready to vote for anyone but Adam!  I still cringe whenever I think of his performances!

3.  I liked LaKisha.  Not as much as Melinda or even Jordin, however.

4.  I think Joshua was somewhat overrated by the judges, but this is still a good spot for him

5.  I like Phillip more now, but at the time I was rooting for Jessica and the fact that he beat her totally devastated me.

6 hours ago, Bk1234 said:

My Opinions

-“All you gotta do is smile that smile, and there go all my defenses..."- Carly Smithson. Carly was one of my favorite finalists from S7 (probably in my Top 3 finalists of the season). While I didn’t think the comparisons were justified, I did think that she was still a very powerful vocalist. 👍 I enjoyed all of her performances in the finals except “The Show Must Go On,” which even I will admit, was a trainwreck. 😅 Like I mentioned before, I thought Carly should have been eliminated when Michael was, though I didn’t mind her staying around. I agree with what you said about Brooke and Jason on the Top 6 results night. After Brooke’s start and stop and Jason’s disastrous song choice, they both should have been in the bottom 2 instead of Carly and Syesha, who gave pretty strong performances. 😔

-The greatest singer to set foot on the Idol stage- Adam Lambert. Let’s hope you don’t get too much backlash for this one... 🤞I am not really a huge fan of singers who do drastic things to their voices, so Adam’s shriek was annoying!!!! 😒 However, I will admit that he was a very great singer (maybe he was the greatest? 🤔) and had what it took to win. I still can’t stand Adam’s fans who are just plain nasty to Kris and his fans... Especially since Kris and Adam have such a good relationship. (Also, I’m more than happy that Kris won, but I’ll save that for when he’s ranked! 😊

-Who needs advice?- LaKisha Jones. No comment. 

-Idol royalty- Joshua Ledet. In my opinion, Joshua could ruin a song or slay a song with his over singing. I enjoyed some of his performances, but I hated when he got to a really high place with his voice because his voice just seemed to scrunch up if that makes sense... 😅 Joshua was probably my least favorite out of the Top 7, but I didn’t hate him... 👍

- Nothing to pawn here...- Phillip Phillips. Phillip had some pretty solid performances and some pretty bad ones. However, the thing I liked most about Phillip was his take on the glam of being a star. He showed that he truly cared about delivering the music in the most authentic way. I also loved his interaction with Tommy Hilfiger, but it didn’t beat when Heejun told Tommy that Jessica Sanchez was his biggest fashion idol! 😂 Overall, Phillip was someone who I enjoyed more because of their personality. However, I still did enjoy some performances. 😊

3/5 are correct!

Carly: Pretty much agree with everything said.

Adam: I probably will, but if I do so be it; after all, these are only my personal opinions. 🤷‍♂️ I pretty much agree with everything said here.

Joshua: He could definitely slay or ruin a song when he went to that place vocally. I mentioned a couple of songs in my write-up that I felt he ruined by over-singing. Good to see you didn't hate him despite being your least favorite of the Top 7.

Phillip: I pretty much agree with what was written here. Oh yeah, I remember when Heejun said that; it had me rolling! 🤣

26 minutes ago, CarmenSandiego said:

I won’t be guessing the clues, but I will be commenting on the contestants:

1.  This is a pretty good spot for Carly.  She was very good but not consistent enough to get close to the finale.

2.  You probably hit the reason why I couldn’t stand Adam, or at least one of the main reasons:  his shrieking.  I couldn’t stand it and by the Final 4, I was ready to vote for anyone but Adam!  I still cringe whenever I think of his performances!

3.  I liked LaKisha.  Not as much as Melinda or even Jordin, however.

4.  I think Joshua was somewhat overrated by the judges, but this is still a good spot for him

5.  I like Phillip more now, but at the time I was rooting for Jessica and the fact that he beat her totally devastated me.

1. Pretty much agree

2. Yeah, his shrieking was something else. I can imagine it being so annoying it would cause anyone to vote for anyone but him. 😆

3. Same here, seeing that neither Melinda nor Jordin have appeared yet.

4. Pretty much agree

5. Yeah, I can see how tough it was to see Phillip win if you were a Jessica fan. However, as I mentioned I knew he would win from day one, so it didn't come as a surprise.

I’ve also updated my “favorites” list by splitting it up into groups. “Kinda Favorites” includes people I really liked on the show, but I’m not a huge fan of the majority of their music. Some that come to mind are Diana DeGarmo and Jena Irene. My “All-Time Favorites,” which I will be focusing on for this ranking have only changed slightly. So far you’ve ranked Gabby, MacKenzie, and Emily. That’s pretty good that only three have been ranked so far! 😊👍

Edited by Bk1234

22 minutes ago, Bk1234 said:

I swapped around Adam and Joshua’s clues because those are the only ones I could think about swapping. I might’ve messed it up more though! 😅

Those were the two that needed to be swapped! "Idol royalty" is a double entendre because Adam is one of the more celebrated Idol finalists and the show treats him like royalty, plus he's a member of Queen. "The greatest singer to set foot on the Idol stage" was tongue-in-cheek for Joshua because of all the standing ovations he received.

2 minutes ago, Bk1234 said:

I’ve also updated my “favorites” list by splitting it up into groups. “Kinda Favorites” includes people I really liked on the show, but I’m not a huge fan of the majority of their music. Some that come to mind are Diana DeGarmo and Jena Irene. My “All-Time Favorites,” which I will be focusing on for this ranking have only changed slightly. So far you’ve ranked Gabby, MacKenzie, and Emily, so I think that’s pretty good. 😊👍

OK, so far I've only ranked three of your all-time favorites which is pretty good. We're getting to the home stretch, so we'll see where the others end up. 👍

060. Carly Smithson - In my personal top twenty. I loved her in S7 (she was my second favourite) and have enjoyed the music she put out post-Idol. I wish she had been able to channel into her rocker side more, but I still liked nearly everything she did on the show. Despite the band no longer being together, I still loved the album she put out with WATF; but I'd always preferred the Ben Moody era of Evanescence to the music after he left, so I'm not surprised.

059. Adam Lambert - I really liked him in S8, but he's fallen for me a lot over the years. I like him, but I wouldn't consider him one of my all-time favourites anymore. That said, I've really enjoyed when he's come back and mentored since he actually gives the contestants good advice.

058. LaKisha Jones - Really strong in the semi-finals, but I can't say I cared for her much in the finals with the exception of Bon Jovi week. This Ain't a Love Song, while perhaps not her best performance, was my personal favourite performance that she turned in.

057. Joshua Ledet - The constant OTT praising of him was a nightmare. Other than Runaway Baby, I can't say I really cared for him. I didn't really find his voice pleasant.

056. Phillip Phillips - Easily in my top ten of all time. While not being my favourite during season eleven, he was one of my favourties and I enjoyed him most of the time - though his Top 5 was rough. Considering how much IDF loved Jessica and hated him at the time, I had fun on the night of the finale when he thankfully won. I've really enjoyed the music he's put out post-Idol and he's put on a great show every time I've seen him. 

2 hours ago, Crisis said:

1. Pretty much agree

2. Yeah, his shrieking was something else. I can imagine it being so annoying it would cause anyone to vote for anyone but him. 😆

3. Same here, seeing that neither Melinda nor Jordin have appeared yet.

4. Pretty much agree

5. Yeah, I can see how tough it was to see Phillip win if you were a Jessica fan. However, as I mentioned I knew he would win from day one, so it didn't come as a surprise.

I think that I wasn’t too fond of Adam from the start and I’m not sure if it was because I didn’t like his shrieking even before “Ring Of Fire”, but I do believe that it was on that song that I began to be so annoyed by his shrieking that I’d be ready to vote for anyone but him! 

2 hours ago, Elliott said:

060. Carly Smithson - In my personal top twenty. I loved her in S7 (she was my second favourite) and have enjoyed the music she put out post-Idol. I wish she had been able to channel into her rocker side more, but I still liked nearly everything she did on the show. Despite the band no longer being together, I still loved the album she put out with WATF; but I'd always preferred the Ben Moody era of Evanescence to the music after he left, so I'm not surprised.

059. Adam Lambert - I really liked him in S8, but he's fallen for me a lot over the years. I like him, but I wouldn't consider him one of my all-time favourites anymore. That said, I've really enjoyed when he's come back and mentored since he actually gives the contestants good advice.

058. LaKisha Jones - Really strong in the semi-finals, but I can't say I cared for her much in the finals with the exception of Bon Jovi week. This Ain't a Love Song, while perhaps not her best performance, was my personal favourite performance that she turned in.

057. Joshua Ledet - The constant OTT praising of him was a nightmare. Other than Runaway Baby, I can't say I really cared for him. I didn't really find his voice pleasant.

056. Phillip Phillips - Easily in my top ten of all time. While not being my favourite during season eleven, he was one of my favourties and I enjoyed him most of the time - though his Top 5 was rough. Considering how much IDF loved Jessica and hated him at the time, I had fun on the night of the finale when he thankfully won. I've really enjoyed the music he's put out post-Idol and he's put on a great show every time I've seen him. 

060. I wish she would've channeled her rocker side more as well; she may have fared better. I've been meaning to check out some of WATF's music but haven't gotten around to it.

059. It's pretty much the opposite for me. Though the shrieking still bothers me, I've come to appreciate him more over the years. Yes, he's done a great job whenever he came back to mentor the contestants; I especially agree with the last part. 👍

058. Pretty much agree with what was written here

057. Yeah, the OTT praise bothered me at times as well. Still, I enjoyed him for the most part.

056. I would take a guess and say Colton was your favorite, but I'd probably be wrong. :haha: Yeah, his Top 5 was really rough. I think the result would've been controversial no matter who won: Phillip because he would be the 5th WGWG in a row, or Jessica because she had already been eliminated but was saved. I'm sure that was a blast when he won. Good to see he appears to put on great shows.

1 hour ago, CarmenSandiego said:

I think that I wasn’t too fond of Adam from the start and I’m not sure if it was because I didn’t like his shrieking even before “Ring Of Fire”, but I do believe that it was on that song that I began to be so annoyed by his shrieking that I’d be ready to vote for anyone but him! 

It was pretty much the same for me. I didn't care for his shrieking but was able to tolerate it early on. It was Ring Of Fire that was the breaking point for me as well; however, I knew he was in for the long run, so it wasn't a pleasant time for me. Having said that, as mentioned earlier, he's grown on me over time.

I'm wrapping up the next set now and should have it up some time tonight. 👍

3 minutes ago, Crisis said:

056. I would take a guess and say Colton was your favorite, but I'd probably be wrong.

It was actually Erika during the season :haha: Colton was my favourite after she went home and for a few years afterward, but Phil's who I'd consider my favourite now. I rank them back-to-back on my personal ranking of the finalists, though, so there's not a massive gap between them.

27 minutes ago, Elliott said:

It was actually Erika during the season :haha: Colton was my favourite after she went home and for a few years afterward, but Phil's who I'd consider my favourite now. I rank them back-to-back on my personal ranking of the finalists, though, so there's not a massive gap between them.

I knew I would be off. :haha: As a bit of a spoiler, Erika was my favorite during the season up until her elimination and is still one of my overall favorites from the season (obviously she hasn't appeared yet 😄). 

Barring anything else happening, my next post will have the final set before the Top 50 (also making a brief post because I want it to be on the next page and thinks this is the last post of this page; I believe it's 25 posts per page. If not, oh well :haha:).

• Haha 2