Jump to content
idolforums.com
Sign in to follow this  
Crisis

Crisis On Hand: An American Idol Finalists Ranking List

Recommended Posts

12 hours ago, Bk1234 said:

Good job to @miss denise for getting the clues right two sets in a row! 👍

 

Thank you! :hug: 

  

11 hours ago, Crisis said:

 

Not much time to comment, but 5/5 again! Also, for Siobhan, she has an uncle who is currently the bassist for Boston, which was the inspiration for the clue.

 

I'll reply to the other comments when I have the time. :thumbs:

 

9 hours ago, Elliott said:

She also went on tour with Boston for a while, too. :haha: 

 

Oh, I definitely did not know about either of those, but that's a lot of Boston connections. :haha:  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Crisis said:

I do remember liking them at the time, though my memories of them are vague. Yeah, it's difficult to find some of the older stuff; I've done some digging myself. Thanks for the links; I'll most likely check them out once this list is finished.If you find any more by all means share them. :yes:

 

Sorry. :( I remember it; I thought each of the Top 3 duets that season were ruined by the celebrity partners. :/

 

Good to see they're not too easy. The main thing is I wanted to make them was fun, in which it looks like it's succeeding in. My one regret is that I didn't think of this sooner. :haha:

 

It does look like we feel the same about that. :haha: At least there's one fond memory he left behind. :broken: As I mentioned in her write-up, it's something I feel strongly about and could never understand. :no:

 

74. Yeah, all of the decent ones without his dreads were either too small or had watermarks on them. :/ I pretty much agree with everything written regarding him.

72. Pretty much agree for the most part. His studio recordings was the one thing I forgot to mention in his write-up. They were among some of the best from that season. I guess we'll agree to disagree on his duds. :ph34rwave::haha:

 

We'll see how you do with the next set... :teeheewave:

 

I'm glad to hear it. ❤️ You're welcome! I'll definitely see if I can find any more. 

 

Oh, I remember liking the other ones. :haha: Or at least I loved Katharine on that song. I thought Elliott and Mary J. Blige were good together.

 

Yes, definitely fun! 😄 

 

Aww yeah. ❤️ I feel the same as you about this. :( 

 

- I'm going to have to search now because not sure if I've seen him without the dreads. :haha:  

- Glad you agree on his recordings! ❤️ 

 

I don't feel too confident. :lmao:It may be up to someone else, but I'll see what I can detect when the names are revealed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Elliott said:

Actually, no. David Cook overtook him the next year. :haha:

 

:oops: :haha:

 

4 hours ago, Elliott said:

080. RJ Helton - Best guy from S1, imo. I would've put him in the Top 4 over Justin, but I didn't have any qualms about him leaving when he did all things considered.

079. Joey Cook - I didn't really care for her initially and agreed that she seemed like a joke act, but I was pleasantly surprised in the live shows. I actually liked her Top 24 performance, though I agree that she didn't really begin to shine until the finals. I also liked GJWTHF as a guilty pleasure, though I can see why people didn't. I wish her (and Quentin) had lasted longer, and was disgusted when Rayvon got the Twitter save over them.

078. Rickey Smith - One of the brighter spots of S2 for me.

077. Rayvon Owen - Ugh. One of my least favourite contestants and it's solely because of how he wouldn't just gtfo. He only really had two performances I enjoyed, and I thought most of them were an abysmal mess. I was fine with him staying over Daniel, but in every other Twitter save, I preferred (and voted) for Qassim, Joey and Quentin to stay.

076. Uché - One of my favourites from S17! I loved his personality and he was one of the only ones who actually knew how to make use of a stage. I was saddened to see him eliminated as early as he was.

 

080. Not much to say here but pretty much agree

079. Pretty much feel the same way. I can see how GJWTHF can be a guilty pleasure (though not for me despite enjoying a guilty pleasure now and then :haha:)

078. Pretty much the same 💔

077. Understandable. It's pretty much the same way I felt about Scott Savol. 😆

076. Agreed! Unfortunately, he was a wildcard and we all know how well they do in the ABC reboot...😐

 

4 hours ago, Elliott said:

75. Amber Holcomb - I never really got the judges' obsession with her. I take it was because she (and Angie) looked the most like a pop star (translation: they were the skinniest), but her voice left a lot to be desired and I think she was leagues behind Candice, Kree and Angie as a contestant. If it were up to me, I probably would've cut her after her Beatles performance, but considering the lack of viable contenders that season, I wasn't offended by her making it to fourth. :haha: She was also very lovely in person when I met her at the Idol tour.

74. Anwar Robinson - I don't really have any strong feelings about him, so I'd probably rank him here, too.

73. Siobhan Magnus - I pretty agree with everything you said, and Siobhan's one of the contestants I went back and forth with a lot during the season. She was my second favourite behind Lee coming into the live shows, and I loved all of her semi-finals performances. Paint It Black is my favourite from her and one of my favourites from the season overall, but I absolutely hated Superstition and thought it was one of the worst performances of the evening. (I think in my personal ranking, I put it in the bottom three). My love for her started fading pretty quickly after that, since I hated most of what she did afterward - including Across the Universe. I did enjoy her When You Believe and was hopeful her Idol run was turning back around, but then I loathed Any Man of Mine. I would've preferred her staying over Michael, but considering I'd hated nearly everything she'd done since PIB, it wasn't that big of a deal for me. She slayed on the Idol tour, though, and I wish she'd been able to perform Stockholm Syndrome during the show (apparently there were licensing issues). That said, her fanbase on IDF during the season and afterward left a sour taste in my mouth so I haven't really cared that much in the years since.

72. Matt Giraud - Not a fan. Hated him in S8, didn't think he should've been in the wildcard show after Viva la Vida, and thought them saving him was pointless. It was clear the save was meant for Adam or Danny but then they realized they'd look stupid if they never used it, so he got lucky in that regard. But I still found it pointless.

71. Phil Stacey - He had a few good performances, so I'd probably put him around this area too.

 

I'm just now realizing I forgot to put zeroes in front of the numbers. Oh well, not going to change it now. :haha:

 

75. Initially, I wouldn't have put her in the finals in the first place, but she grew on me. She (and pretty much everyone else) were definitely leagues behind those three. Good to see she was so lovely in person

74. Fair enough

73. Pretty much agreed except I enjoyed Across The Universe and didn't care for When You Believe. Nice to see she slayed on tour; I can imagine she would be one heck of a live experience

72. Fair enough. Neither Adam nor Danny were ever going to be in positions where the save would've had to be used on them, so I guess they thought Matt was the best option. I would've added Lil, but she crashed and burned so bad it would've been a waste.

71. Fair enough

 

4 hours ago, ~Tom~ said:

75. Amber Holcomb - I loved her ballads like MFV, SLH and WAYDTROYL as you mentioned. :yes: Wish shed sold me with an up-tempo song though (aside from her celebration performance). I thought she was one of the more marketable ones her season but sad she doesn't seem to have done much. 

74. Anwar Robinson - I loved his last two semis performances, but he went downhill pretty quickly in the finals. 

73. Siobhan Magnus - Another one who I loved in the semis but went downhill quickly in the finals, except for Paint in Black and Across the Universe. 

72. Matt Giraud - I rooted for him pretty hard at first because he's from my state, so I was disappointed when he bombed with Viva la Vida. He redeemed himself with Who's Loving You, but stayed kinda inconsistent in the finals. 5th was a fair spot for him to go out on. 

71. Phil Stacey - Phil was one of the more consistent people on S6, he's underrated.

 

75. Pretty much agreed about her lack of success with up-tempos. The only one that was good was Love On Top. Come to think of it, I don't think she even did that many during the season.

74. Sadly, I agree with this though I would include his first semis performance

73. Pretty much agree here

72. Again, I pretty much agree with this

71. I don't know about consistent because he had his share of clunkers, but I agree with him being underrated.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, miss denise said:

 

I'm glad to hear it. ❤️ You're welcome! I'll definitely see if I can find any more. 

 

Oh, I remember liking the other ones. :haha: Or at least I loved Katharine on that song. I thought Elliott and Mary J. Blige were good together.

 

Yes, definitely fun! 😄 

 

👍

 

Yeah, Katharine was great; Meatloaf on the other hand, not so much. :/ As for Elliott and MJB, MJB did what she usually does and took over the performance, overshadowing him in the process.

 

Glad to see you (and others) enjoying it! 😄

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am really behind on comments, but since my fave showed up in this round, I have to comment

 

75. Amber Holcomb  - Liked her, but LOVED Candice

74. Anwar Robinson - Didn't watch S4

73. Siobhan Magnus - My ultimate favorite, of the universe. Why? A lot of reasons, but her voice to me, is just the best! I love, that she is unique & creative, and sounds great in whatever genre, she sings in. I love that she cannot be put in a box. and was by far, in my opinion ... the most interesting, and talented  contestant on S9 ( and to me the most talented & interesting contestant, period.) , And yes Crisis, I could definitely fill you in, on what she's been doing, but ... I have posted some of it on her thread, and will continue to do so, as there is a lot of great performances, as she has had a very busy, and varied music career post idol.    Through The Fire, was her weakest performance, during S9. She went out of tune a couple of times, which is something the winner did, on most of his performances, so .... there's that. Superstition, Paint It Black, Think, Wicked Game & Across The Universe, Living For The City, were great! Besides her own projects, Siobhan is a full time member of a group called The Ultrasonic Rock Orchestra (The URO), and it's a really good fit for her. One more thing... To show what a pro she was/is. her exiting performance was THINK, and if you tuned in, and didn't know that she just got eliminated, nothing about that performance, would have told you so. 

72. Matt Giraud - Liked him, but he wasn't a fav that season

71. Phil Stacey - Didn't watch this season

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Unpopular opinion, but I loved Amber more than Kree on that season, but Kree had just been more consistent performace-wise, Amber had bad performances like "MacArthur Park" lol. For the others, I'm so happy for their rankings! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, psterina said:

I am really behind on comments, but since my fave showed up in this round, I have to comment

 

75. Amber Holcomb  - Liked her, but LOVED Candice

74. Anwar Robinson - Didn't watch S4

73. Siobhan Magnus - My ultimate favorite, of the universe. Why? A lot of reasons, but her voice to me, is just the best! I love, that she is unique & creative, and sounds great in whatever genre, she sings in. I love that she cannot be put in a box. and was by far, in my opinion ... the most interesting, and talented  contestant on S9 ( and to me the most talented & interesting contestant, period.) , And yes Crisis, I could definitely fill you in, on what she's been doing, but ... I have posted some of it on her thread, and will continue to do so, as there is a lot of great performances, as she has had a very busy, and varied music career post idol.    Through The Fire, was her weakest performance, during S9. She went out of tune a couple of times, which is something the winner did, on most of his performances, so .... there's that. Superstition, Paint It Black, Think, Wicked Game & Across The Universe, Living For The City, were great! Besides her own projects, Siobhan is a full time member of a group called The Ultrasonic Rock Orchestra (The URO), and it's a really good fit for her. One more thing... To show what a pro she was/is. her exiting performance was THINK, and if you tuned in, and didn't know that she just got eliminated, nothing about that performance, would have told you so. 

72. Matt Giraud - Liked him, but he wasn't a fav that season

71. Phil Stacey - Didn't watch this season

 

75. Fair enough. We'll see where Candice ends up.

74. N/A

73. I expected nothing less from the Siobhan superfan. 👍 😄 I may peek in her thread to see what's she been doing.

72. Fair enough

71. N/A

 

21 hours ago, anonymouskid_35 said:

Unpopular opinion, but I loved Amber more than Kree on that season, but Kree had just been more consistent performace-wise, Amber had bad performances like "MacArthur Park" lol. For the others, I'm so happy for their rankings! 

 

That's the beauty of Idol; we can all have varying opinions! Though I like Kree more, seeing that she hasn't appeared yet, I can see how someone would prefer Amber. Happy to see you're so happy for the rankings of the others!

 

I'm putting the finishing touches on the next set and should have it posted within the next hour or so. 👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Crisis said:

That's the beauty of Idol; we can all have varying opinions! Though I like Kree more, seeing that she hasn't appeared yet, I can see how someone would prefer Amber. Happy to see you're so happy for the rankings of the others!

 

Angie and Candice were my two favorites on that season, so glad they're still not appearing, I hopee? 😂. But yeah, your reasons per rankings are all really reasonable, loved it!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, anonymouskid_35 said:

 

Angie and Candice were my two favorites on that season, so glad they're still not appearing, I hopee? 😂. But yeah, your reasons per rankings are all really reasonable, loved it!

 

We'll see where they end up. 😉 Possibly in the upcoming set, which will be my next post...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Alright, here is the new set. For 70-66:

 

- A shocking debate
- It is certainly something within this finalist
- "I gotta pee!"
- Responsible for one of the biggest memes from Idol
- Had a few strikes and gutter balls

 

70. Jena Irene: Season 13 (2nd Place)

5b577d1b2e5de.image.jpg

Kicking off the new set is S13's second placer. Jenna (IT’S JENA!; Sorry…😬) is someone on paper who I shouldn’t like. I didn’t really care for her at all during the season. I found her voice to be incredibly grating, nor was I a fan of her personality. In addition, I wasn’t too fond of the overpraise the judges heaped on her. Finally, I didn’t find her pop-rock image to be all that believable. However, she managed to get this high in my rankings. Is it because I forgot about her and therefore, she managed to slip through the cracks? Or is it because she has managed to grow on me over time? The answer is a combination of both, though it is more the latter. While I still find her voice to be grating at times, she definitely had her fair share of strong moments on the show, certainly more than most of the contestants that season. Some of my favorites included her original Unbreakable Me, Decode, Bring Me To Life, Creep both times, and Can’t Help Falling In Love both times as well. As for her bad performances, Clarity was one I found to be painful. Of course, this was the performance that spawned “everyone get those glow sticks up!”, which was the highlight of that performance. 🤣 Titanium was another one I had a hard time sitting through as well as Heart Attack. Finally, Dog Days Are Over was too big for her; I thought the song ate her alive and the moment got to her. She eventually finished as the runner up, though despite liking Caleb more, seeing that he hasn’t appeared yet, and not being much of a fan of hers at the time, I felt Jena was more marketable and felt she would’ve been better suited as the winner. Overall, despite what this write-up may suggest, Jena did grow on me enough to where I like her, even if it’s not in the most conventional way.

 

69. Diana DeGarmo: Season 3 (2nd Place)

4359432fb37f0a6fc50a48c730de92a9.jpg

What do you know, back-to-back runner ups, and both of them were teenage girls during their respective seasons. 😂 It’s been a while since a S3 finalist has been posted; we have to go back to Amy Adams at #111. Well, Diana is the next S3 finalist to fall. Diana was this perky girl with a huge voice. However, at least early in the competition she was missing something. I liked her semifinals performance I’ve Got The Music In Me, but I didn’t really care for most of her performances at the beginning of her finals with the exception of Think. It wasn’t until after she sang My Heart Will Go On, which I felt was her worst performance, when I realized why I wasn’t too interested in her performances. Quentin Tarantino hit the nail on the head when he said she technically hit all the notes but didn’t care, despite how harsh it sounded and disagreeing with him about her hitting all the notes; there were some rough spots in that performance. Diana was a really good technical singer, but she didn’t do a great job of engaging the audience, even with her perky come on y’alls. She apparently took that criticism to heart because she started improving on connecting to the audience with her performances. The performances I enjoyed the most were Turn The Beat Around (I think she did the best version on the show), Get Happy, both of her disco outings, and especially the Top 3 version of Don’t Cry Out Loud which very well may have been her best performance. Unfortunately, the finale version was an off key mess; however, I remember hearing it mainly had to do with her earpiece malfunctioning which threw her off and caused her to go off key. I don’t know if she would’ve beaten Fantasia anyway, but that certainly didn’t help. Post-Idol, Diana has done pretty well for herself in musical theater. Also, she dated and eventually married Ace Young; who could forget the very public proposal during the S11 finale with the product placement? :/ All kidding aside, it appears the two are still going strong. Overall, despite a bit of a rough start, I think positively of Diana’s Idol run for the most part.

 

68. Alex Preston: Season 13 (3rd Place)

lone-p.jpg

Time to go back to S13 for the next finalist. Alex was a contestant who definitely had the singer-songwriter thing down pat during S13. The main knock on Alex was that he pretty much performed the same way throughout the season, which consisted of him singing a slowed down acoustic version of whatever song he sang and standing on stage with a guitar in hand. Not once did he take any chances or leave his comfort zone; even Sam managed to put the guitar away and moved on stage more in a couple of performances despite his inhibitions. Obviously, it worked for him because he made it all the way to third place. He was really good at what he did, and it would suit him well outside of the Idol bubble; however, it didn’t exactly make for the most compelling TV. Another knock on him was that he could sound high pitched and nasally at times, though it never got to the point where it was too painful to listen to. With that said, I enjoyed Alex quite a bit on Idol. He had some strong performances; my personal favorites included A Beautiful Mess, Falling Slowly, Story Of My Life, his original tune Fairytales, Say Something, and Stay. He had his fair share of poor performances as well, with the main ones coming to mind being Every Breath You Take in which he completely sucked the essence of what made the song great out and easily my least favorite of his, Animal, and Sweater Weather, with the last one being too wordy and fast for him. From what I understand, he released a couple of albums post-Idol, though I haven’t heard anything from them. Overall, despite his lack of versatility, Alex was someone who absolutely knew who he was as an artist and someone I mostly enjoyed all things considered.

 

67. Michael J. Woodard: Season 16 (4th/5th Place)

4057-o.jpg

As long as it has been for a S3 finalist, it’s been a little longer since a S16 finalist has been ranked, going all the way back to Caleb Lee Hutchinson at #120. Anyway, Michael was this quirky, offbeat guy with a big voice who would often take on the most challenging songs out of everyone that season. I often thought of Michael as the Mr. Magoo of Idol, in which he would blindly walk to the ledge and look like he would go over, only for the plank to swing by and catch him at the last minute to carry him to safety. That’s how I felt regarding his performances. There would be times when I thought to myself "what is he doing" and felt he was verging into train wreck territory, yet he would somehow keep the train on the tracks and ride the trail to safety. Examples included his first three performances of Golden Slumbers, Titanium, and Beauty and the Beast. Funny enough, those were his best three performances of the season. On the other hand, Michael had two main shortcomings that come to mind. The first was his diction wasn’t always the clearest; he was prone to mumbling at times though not anywhere near as bad as Cade. It would often be in the first half of his performances before he smoothed them out. The second was he could not pull off an up-tempo song even if his life depended on it. 😂 The two up-tempo numbers he did, I Would Die 4 U and Flat On The Floor were cringe worthy. If there were any positives, at least it looked like he was having fun and gave it his all. He was eventually eliminated along with Cade right before the finale, though it looked like he would leave the week before. I guess Catie’s bad night made it possible for him to have another week in the competition. Michael wasn’t the most conventional contestant, but he was someone I liked at the end of the day.

 

66. Casey Abrams: Season 10 (6th Place)

CaseyCoverphoto.9wxwhPmc.jpg?format=1500

Closing out this set is the final S10 male. Yet another season in which all the male finalists bite the dust (I swear I’m not doing this on purpose 😅). Casey was one of the more intriguing S10 contestants to me. I think he had some of the best musicality Idol has ever had. Having said that, he appeared to be a bit immature when it came to what he wanted to do musically. He started off well enough with I Put A Spell On You. It was certainly a captivating performance, and the growls and screams fit the song well. He then performed With A Little Help From My Friends in the first week of the finals, which was another good performance. However, it was the following week in which his immaturity was on full display. For whatever reason, he decided to sing Smells Like Teen Spirit, and boy was that performance a mess. I had no idea what he was thinking regarding that song choice because it wasn't anywhere near who he was. It used to make me cringe, now it’s become a bit of a guilty pleasure due to how bad it is. He wasn’t much better the following week when he sang I Heard It Through The Grapevine. In fact, it led to him being the lowest vote getter that week; however, the judges decided to use the save on him, which surely didn’t come back to bite them in the butt two weeks later, right? 😐 The most memorable parts were the judges interrupting his save me song to save him and Casey dropping the microphone in shock followed by him looking like he was going to vomit. After the save, the judges practically told him to knock it off with the growling and screaming, and to Casey’s credit he listened to them for the most part. He followed that week with a string of solid performances which included Your Song, Have You Ever Seen The Rain, and Nature Boy, which I felt was on the underrated side. His best showing, however, has to be the Moanin’ duet he did with Haley during the Top 8 Results Show. It was obvious the two had great synergy musically. However, Casey’s last two showings weren’t that strong. Harder To Breathe was pretty much a straight karaoke performance, and he reverted back to his growling, screaming ways with Hi-De-Ho. He would be eliminated the night after. Post-Idol, I know he released a couple of albums; however, he is probably best known for his work with Postmodern Jukebox. I believe he was the one who introduced Haley to PMJ and the rest, they say, is history. Speaking of Haley, I know these two have collaborated quite a bit post-Idol, which is great to see. In the end, despite his immaturity at times, I enjoyed Casey quite a bit.

 

070. Jena Irene

069. Diana DeGarmo

068. Alex Preston

067. Michael J. Woodard

066. Casey Abrams

 

OK, they're ready to go. In the meanwhile, here's what to expect next time:

- Dated an Idol winner

- An early end after a journey of perseverance

- A song title that may or may not fit this finalist

- Had a sibling who competed in an earlier season

- Hopefully, the last one for a long while...

 

Edited by Crisis

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Okay, the two people I predicted from the clues showed up, so I think I am right on those ones. :haha:  Still not sure on the other three, so will see if someone can fill those in (and I'll keep quiet on my two guesses to see if someone can get them all!)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

070. Jena Irene: She was among my favorites, but that season was really rough for me, so although I like her, I'm not necessarily a huge fan. I share the same favorite performances as you.

069. Diana DeGarmo:  One of my favorites of the season and I love her. :wub: She is actually the first Idol I ever met, so that is kind of special to me. :haha:  I was already a fan from the start and loved the majority of her performances, but I do think Barry Manilow night was the turning point for her and she really was super strong through the end. :wub: A bit surprised you didn't mention that performance. I was disappointed she didn't win, as I'm not a Fantasia fan, but enjoyed her album post-show and glad she's doing well.

068. Alex Preston:  Not a big fan, but I liked him somewhat and still probably preferred him to most others that season. I think I have all the same favorite performances as you, except I think I also liked Sweater Weather. :haha: 

067. Michael J. Woodard: I liked him well enough, although I preferred others. He grew on me on tour though as I really enjoyed him there. :yes: 

066. Casey Abrams:  I wasn't much of a fan, but I did like him more in his performances post-save.... although I didn't agree at all with them using the save on him. :lmao: Loved his duet with Haley.

 

I think I actually know all the clues now. Debating if I should say or let someone else. :haha:  And for the upcoming set... I have guesses on three of them for now. :yes: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, Crisis said:

070. Jena Irene

069. Diana DeGarmo

068. Alex Preston

067. Michael J. Woodard

066. Casey Abrams


My Opinions

 

-Responsible for one of the biggest memes from Idol- Jena Irene. Jena is my second favorite contestant from S13, and on Spotify, which doesn’t have Emily’s “One of Those Nights,” she takes the cake. Her performance of “Can’t Help Falling In Love” is one of my favorites in Idol history, and is probably my favorite performance of the season. ❤️ I do think she should’ve been ranked higher than Alex and Jessica, but I guess this is a good spot for you not really liking her. 😀

 

-It is certainly something within this finalist- Diana DeGarmo. Diana is probably one of my favorite Idol contestants of all time (maybe enough to get on my Top 10 list, but I’ll have to listen to more of her original music). On the show, she had a very fun and bubbly personality, which I liked. However, I never really considered her an all-time favorite until I listened to her cover of “Don’t Cry Out Loud” on Spotify. It was amazing to see how much her voice matured! 👍 I think Fantasia definitely deserved the win, but I’m still happy with Diana’s run on Idol! 😀

 

-“I gotta pee!”- Alex Preston. I mostly enjoyed his performances. I really liked his voice. The sound and rasp of it really appealed to me. However, what I think made me like Alex less than MacKenzie Bourg, who did similar things during his Idol run, was that Alex never took any risks with song choices. I felt that he stayed in his lane, which worked for him, but just didn’t work for me... :/ 

 

-Had a few strikes and gutter balls- Michael J. Woodard. Michael is definitely in my Top 3 favorites of S16. He always seemed to have a smile on his face, which I loved. My favorite performance of his was definitely “Titanium” (a strike 😂). For “Flat on the Floor,” I didn’t really mind his cringe-worthy movement. I felt that it fit his quirky personality. (If Catie’s Manic Sunday is what allowed Michael to make Top 5, then thank you Catie! 😂

 

-A shocking debate- Casey Abrams. Casey was a contestant I liked more personality wise. Sometimes he just did too much to his voice to the point where I didn’t enjoy his performance. The judges saving Casey seemed like a good decision I guess, but I wouldn’t have done it. Yes, getting in whatever place it would’ve been wouldn’t be right, but did they REALLY think Casey could reach the finale? 🤔 

Edited by Bk1234
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm getting ready for work, so I won't be able to reply to the posts until at least my lunch break. I'll just say this for now: @Bk1234, 3/5 are correct. 😉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Crisis said:

I'm getting ready for work, so I won't be able to reply to the posts until at least my lunch break. I'll just say this for now: @Bk1234, 3/5 are correct. 😉

I switched some clues around. Either I got it right, or I messed it up even more! 😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

070. Jena Irene - I hated her live performances but I liked her studio recordings. I wouldn't have picked her for runner-up but I also can't say I didn't see talent. She just wasn't my cup of tea.

069. Diana DeGarmo - The first contestant I ever was a super fan for. I started watching Idol during season 2 and Trenyce was my favorite then, but Diana was the first contestant who I really became invested in. I still follow her on social media and I'm so jealous she married Ace. haha (If you recall, he was one of my Season 5 faves)

068. Alex Preston - I think he's super talented. I wouldn't have minded if he won. Side note: I had lunch with him and his girlfriend at the time, Jillian Jensen. It was kind of weird. haha

067. Michael J. Woodard - I love him! I wish we could be friends. I love his personality and think he's super talented.

066. Casey Abrams - I didn't like him much as a contestant but I enjoyed when he sang with Haley. I love that they still do stuff together.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

:hijacked:

 

sorry to interrupt this thread with exciting news but DILLON just got SIGNED TO UNIVERSAL MUSIC GROUP NASHVILLE AND HOLLYWOOD RECORDS! WOOHOO!! 

:w00tbounce::clap::spaz::thumbsup::ohyeah:

Edited by blackfield

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
24 minutes ago, blackfield said:

:hijacked:

 

sorry to interrupt this thread with exciting news but DILLON just got SIGNED TO UNIVERSAL MUSIC GROUP NASHVILLE AND HOLLYWOOD RECORDS! WOOHOO!! 

:w00tbounce::clap::spaz::thumbsup::ohyeah:

Sorry if this is off-topic... I wasn’t the biggest fan of him on the show, but I’m glad to hear that he’s doing good things. I commend him for managing to do this during a global pandemic! 👍

Edited by Bk1234
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, blackfield said:

:hijacked:

 

sorry to interrupt this thread with exciting news but DILLON just got SIGNED TO UNIVERSAL MUSIC GROUP NASHVILLE AND HOLLYWOOD RECORDS! WOOHOO!! 

:w00tbounce::clap::spaz::thumbsup::ohyeah:

Yay, i really liked him!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Here’s my comments on the rankings:

 

1.  Jena — I was never much of a fan of hers, although I never hated her.

2.  I liked Diana although I liked her more after LaToya was gone.

3.  I’d actually have ranked Alex behind Jena, but you’re not too far off.

4.  Michael’s Achilles heel was up-tempo songs.  But I still liked him.

5.  I’d have ranked Casey below Michael.  And I wouldn’t have saved him either.  I’d have waited to save Pia.

Edited by CarmenSandiego

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, miss denise said:

070. Jena Irene: She was among my favorites, but that season was really rough for me, so although I like her, I'm not necessarily a huge fan. I share the same favorite performances as you.

069. Diana DeGarmo:  One of my favorites of the season and I love her. :wub: She is actually the first Idol I ever met, so that is kind of special to me. :haha:  I was already a fan from the start and loved the majority of her performances, but I do think Barry Manilow night was the turning point for her and she really was super strong through the end. :wub: A bit surprised you didn't mention that performance. I was disappointed she didn't win, as I'm not a Fantasia fan, but enjoyed her album post-show and glad she's doing well.

068. Alex Preston:  Not a big fan, but I liked him somewhat and still probably preferred him to most others that season. I think I have all the same favorite performances as you, except I think I also liked Sweater Weather. :haha: 

067. Michael J. Woodard: I liked him well enough, although I preferred others. He grew on me on tour though as I really enjoyed him there. :yes: 

066. Casey Abrams:  I wasn't much of a fan, but I did like him more in his performances post-save.... although I didn't agree at all with them using the save on him. :lmao: Loved his duet with Haley.

 

I think I actually know all the clues now. Debating if I should say or let someone else. :haha:  And for the upcoming set... I have guesses on three of them for now. :yes: 

 

070. Fair enough

069. I guess her Barry Manilow performance wasn't one of my favorites from her. Fantasia is rather polarizing, so I can see how people won't be fans of hers. Good to see you enjoyed her post-show album

068. Pretty much agree regarding him with the exception of Sweater Weather :haha:

067. I'd like to think that's the popular sentiment regarding him. Nice to see he grew on you during the tour.

066. Fair enough about him. As for the save, I could see why they would use it on him, but I don't know if agreed with it; then again, as I mentioned a few times, I'm not a fan of the save in general. Yes, his duet with Haley was great.

 

It appears @Bk1234 got them all right. I wonder what your guesses would've been. We'll see how you do with the next set. :shiftywave:

 

6 hours ago, Bk1234 said:


My Opinions

 

-Responsible for one of the biggest memes from Idol- Jena Irene. Jena is my second favorite contestant from S13, and on Spotify, which doesn’t have Emily’s “One of Those Nights,” she takes the cake. Her performance of “Can’t Help Falling In Love” is one of my favorites in Idol history, and is probably my favorite performance of the season. ❤️ I do think she should’ve been ranked higher than Alex and Jessica, but I guess this is a good spot for you not really liking her. 😀

 

-It is certainly something within this finalist- Diana DeGarmo. Diana is probably one of my favorite Idol contestants of all time (maybe enough to get on my Top 10 list, but I’ll have to listen to more of her original music). On the show, she had a very fun and bubbly personality, which I liked. However, I never really considered her an all-time favorite until I listened to her cover of “Don’t Cry Out Loud” on Spotify. It was amazing to see how much her voice matured! 👍 I think Fantasia definitely deserved the win, but I’m still happy with Diana’s run on Idol! 😀

 

-“I gotta pee!”- Alex Preston. I mostly enjoyed his performances. I really liked his voice. The sound and rasp of it really appealed to me. However, what I think made me like Alex less than MacKenzie Bourg, who did similar things during his Idol run, was that Alex never took any risks with song choices. I felt that he stayed in his lane, which worked for him, but just didn’t work for me... :/ 

 

-Had a few strikes and gutter balls- Michael J. Woodard. Michael is definitely in my Top 3 favorites of S16. He always seemed to have a smile on his face, which I loved. My favorite performance of his was definitely “Titanium” (a strike 😂). For “Flat on the Floor,” I didn’t really mind his cringe-worthy movement. I felt that it fit his quirky personality. (If Catie’s Manic Sunday is what allowed Michael to make Top 5, then thank you Catie! 😂

 

-A shocking debate- Casey Abrams. Casey was a contestant I liked more personality wise. Sometimes he just did too much to his voice to the point where I didn’t enjoy his performance. The judges saving Casey seemed like a good decision I guess, but I wouldn’t have done it. Yes, getting in whatever place it would’ve been wouldn’t be right, but did they REALLY think Casey could reach the finale? 🤔 

 

They are all correct this time around! I'll explain them later unless someone else wants to take a crack at it. ;)

 

Jena: Her first rendition CHFIL is considered to be one of the best performances in Idol history, so it makes sense for it to be one of your favorites as well. Fair enough at the last sentence.

 

Diana: I pretty much agree with everything except with her being one of my favorite contestants of all time. Her voice has definitely matured over time.

 

Alex: Not much to say but pretty much agree with what was written.

 

Michael: I think I preferred BatB over Titanium (it was certainly better than Julia's this past season, though I like her). The singing on FotF bothered me more than his movement, but I agree the movement fit his personality. Yes to the statement in the parentheses, though I wished Jurnee could've made it as well (though seeing she was a WC, that was a long shot LOL).

 

Casey: Fair enough about Casey. He was going downhill at the time of his initial elimination; however, I felt he had more to offer, so I understand them using the save on him (if it were up to me, Stefano would've been eliminated that week and the save may have not been used).

 

3 hours ago, x3 because of u said:

070. Jena Irene - I hated her live performances but I liked her studio recordings. I wouldn't have picked her for runner-up but I also can't say I didn't see talent. She just wasn't my cup of tea.

069. Diana DeGarmo - The first contestant I ever was a super fan for. I started watching Idol during season 2 and Trenyce was my favorite then, but Diana was the first contestant who I really became invested in. I still follow her on social media and I'm so jealous she married Ace. haha (If you recall, he was one of my Season 5 faves)

068. Alex Preston - I think he's super talented. I wouldn't have minded if he won. Side note: I had lunch with him and his girlfriend at the time, Jillian Jensen. It was kind of weird. haha

067. Michael J. Woodard - I love him! I wish we could be friends. I love his personality and think he's super talented.

066. Casey Abrams - I didn't like him much as a contestant but I enjoyed when he sang with Haley. I love that they still do stuff together.

 

070. Fair enough. In a way, despite this ranking I feel pretty much the same

069. Good to see she was the first contestant you truly rooted for. 👍 Yes, I recall Ace being one of your favorites that season. :stealth:

068. I forgot he and Jillian Jensen were together at some point. I remember her from the US version of The X-Factor, and of course she was one of the semifinalists who didn't get a chance to sing in that terrible Rush Week format. :rolleyes:  Cool to see you had lunch with them despite it being kind of weird. As for Alex, I pretty much agree except I don't know if he would've been my pick to win.

067. Pretty much agree with this sentiment

066. Fair enough about him

 

2 hours ago, blackfield said:

:hijacked:

 

sorry to interrupt this thread with exciting news but DILLON just got SIGNED TO UNIVERSAL MUSIC GROUP NASHVILLE AND HOLLYWOOD RECORDS! WOOHOO!! 

:w00tbounce::clap::spaz::thumbsup::ohyeah:

 

how dare you snl GIF

 

All kidding aside, congratulations to Dillon for this feat! I wasn't his biggest fan, but he managed to grow on me during the season despite how short it was. Hopefully some good things happen for him. 👍

 

46 minutes ago, CarmenSandiego said:

Here’s my comments on the rankings:

 

1.  Jena — I was never much of a fan of hers, although I never hated her.

2.  I liked Diana although I liked her more after LaToya was gone.

3.  I’d actually have ranked Alex behind Jena, but you’re not too far off.

4.  Michael’s Achilles heel was up-tempo songs.  But I still liked him.

5.  I’d have ranked Casey below Michael.  And I wouldn’t have saved him either.  I’d have waited to save Pia.

 

1. Fair enough about her

2. I can see how this would be the case

3. Fair enough about him

4. Pretty much agree regarding him

5. Fair enough. I don't think I would've saved him; however, I understood why they did

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Crisis said:

Michael: I think I preferred BatB over Titanium (it was certainly better than Julia's this past season, though I like her). The singing on FotF bothered me more than his movement, but I agree the movement fit his personality. Yes to the statement in the parentheses, though I wished Jurnee could've made it as well (though seeing she was a WC, that was a long shot LOL).

Jurnee was one of my favorites from S16. I wish she went farther too! 😕

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

070. Jena Irene - Jena was my second favourite during S13 and I think she's under appreciated for what she could've brought to Idol. As much as I hate using the term, she was probably the most "current" finalist Idol had ever casted in terms of musical style. Her piano ballads were my favourite of hers, but I also really loved her performance of My Body as well. Clarity was a bit of a mess, but I did love the "Get those glowsticks up!" memes that amounted from it. Shame that she lost the 80s karaoke bar tribute band lead singer tbh.

069. Diana DeGarmo - With the exception of Don't Cry Out Loud, I didn't really care for anything she did and thought she overstayed her welcome tremendously that season. (Not as much as Jasmine did, obviously.) 

068. Alex Preston - I liked him in S13 but I'm still pretty meh on him all things considered. I would've rather taken Jessica in the final four over him.

067. Michael J. Woodard - He was an early favourite of mine in S16, but he kind of fizzled after Disney week. I still would've put him in the finale over Gabby, though.

066. Casey Abrams - He was one of the better parts of S10, imo, despite his inconsistency. He turned in several performances I enjoyed, though I hated his Nirvana performance with a burning passion. I'm also of the mindset that I'd rather see the save used earlier in the season rather than later on. Since the judges had no way of foreseeing Pia's robbery two weeks later, I was also fine with him getting the save as I don't think he should've left at the Top 11.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, blackfield said:

:hijacked:

 

sorry to interrupt this thread with exciting news but DILLON just got SIGNED TO UNIVERSAL MUSIC GROUP NASHVILLE AND HOLLYWOOD RECORDS! WOOHOO!! 

:w00tbounce::clap::spaz::thumbsup::ohyeah:

 

OMG!!!  What awesome news! I had a feeling, when I saw his audition, that he would get signed.  Congratulations to Dillon!! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Bk1234 said:

Jurnee was one of my favorites from S16. I wish she went farther too! 😕

 

Ooh yeah, glad Jurnee isn't up in this thread so far. She's one of my faves defo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...