idolforums.com
Crisis

Crisis On Hand: An American Idol Finalists Ranking List

8 hours ago, thevoiceisthetop said:
  • No plane tickets needed to be booked for at least a week - Melissa McGhee
  • "One gifted with more than ordinary spiritual and moral insight" - Sonika Vaid
  •  The other country blonde - Kristy Lee Cook
  • Buff Love, Doug E. Fresh... - Blake Lewis
  • This finalist's run went into the grave not too long after being born - Jessica Sierra

2/5. Nice guesses!

1 hour ago, Bk1234 said:

My Opinions

-“One gifted with more than ordinary spiritual and moral insight”- Kristy Lee Cook. “Eight Days A Week” was pretty bad, but I personally didn’t think it was as bad as it was made out to be... In “You’ve Got To Hide Your Love Away,” she appeared very stiff and didn’t have any endearing vocals to keep me from noticing it. Season 7 is one of the best (imo), but I have to say I liked her personality way more than her performances on the show! 😂

-This finalist’s run went into the grave not too long after being born- Sonika Vaid. Like you mentioned, “Bring Me To Life” was the highlight of her run on Idol. I also wish she showed more of her “Bring Me To Life” side, but I guess that was too much of a drastic change for her! 😕 While not my favorite from the season, she definitely had some (probably only one 😂) great performances! 

-No plane tickets needed to be booked for at least a week- Melissa McGhee. No comment. 

-The other country blonde- Jessica Sierra.  No comment. 

-Buff Love, Doug E. Fresh- Blake Lewis. Not the biggest fan of his, so all I have to say is “ABC producers, Alejandro was not as groundbreaking and revolutionary as you made him out to be! Others did what he did (and in my opinion they did it better) in the seasons you ignore, but bring contestants back to perform from!”

5/5! Explanation of the clues below:

Kristy Lee Cook: "One gifted with more than ordinary spiritual and moral insight" (this is a Merriam-Webster dictionary definition of prophet, which is what KLC is considered to be with parts of her name predicting the WGWG winners that would include and follow her season. ;))

Sonika Vaid: This finalist’s run went into the grave not too long after being born (A play on words, Sonika sang BMTL during the season which is considered to be her best performance. Unfortunately, she didn't or couldn't live up to it afterwards and her run petered out afterwards.)

Melissa McGhee: No plane tickets needed to be booked for at least a week (Simon wasn't a fan of WAL and told Melissa the last note booked her plane ticket home, i.e. he expected her to be eliminated. Voters had other plans in mind as they voted her into the Top 12. She would be eliminated the following week.)

Jessica Sierra: The other country blonde (In S4 there were two female country blonde singers: Carrie Underwood and Jessica Sierra. Carrie was obviously the more popular of the two; therefore, Jessica was the other country blonde. At the time, I preferred Jessica to Carrie, though is different now seeing that Carrie hasn't appeared yet.)

Blake Lewis: Buff Love, Doug E. Fresh (These are (or in the case of Buff Love aka The Human Beat-Box, were: RIP) two famous beat-boxers in rap/hip hop. Blake was known for his beat-boxing on the show, plus he performed with Doug E. Fresh during the S6 Finale.)

As for your opinions:

Kristy: I agree about liking her personality more than her performances though I liked her last three.

Sonika: I agree that BMTL may have been too much of a drastic change for her. I would've liked to see her come out more, but I guess she wasn't ready to do so at the time.

Blake: Pretty much agree with what was said.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

090. Kristy Lee Cook - "One gifted with more than ordinary spiritual and moral insight": i think it has to do with the KLC prophecy.. damn one of the funniest threads on idolforums. and it all started with a horse.. still i was mad at her that she lasted one week more than michael johns. 

089. Sonika Vaid - This finalist's run went into the grave not too long after being born: i think you wrote it perfectly. she had 1 good performance before sliding back. i would have rated her lower. definitely not the top 100. 

088. Melissa McGhee - No plane tickets needed to be booked for at least a week

087. Jessica Sierra - The other country blonde: jessica and carrie were both blond country singers on the same season. that was when simon mentioned the likeability factor.. still jessica was edgier. and was sad when i heard about her. 

086. Blake Lewis - Buff Love, Doug E. Fresh... never cared much for season 6. beats me how this season had the highest ratings. 

Edited by blackfield

When I saw the clue about the other blonde country singer, I knew that it referred to Jessica Sierra.  She and Carrie (who won) were the blonde country singers of Season 4.

Now for my comments on the rankings:

I’d have ranked Kristi lower than Jessica Sanchez, but this is a good ranking for her.

Hmm, maybe Sonika wasn’t sabotaged by Borchetta into picking songs that caused her to slide backwards.  Maybe she just wasn’t confident enough.  Oh well, I liked her and after she sang “Bring Me To Life”, I began voting just for her.  At least she got to fifth.

I’d actually have ranked Melissa lower than Sonika, but this is close enough.

As noted, Jessica was the other blonde country singer, and Carrie was just more memorable and better.

This is a good spot for Blake.  He was a fine performer but not such a good singer.  That’s why he had to change his songs up.

I actually liked Kristy Lee Cook a lot more than I was expecting to when I rewatched Season 7 recently. Outside of Rescue Me and her Beatles covers, Kristy was usually pretty decent imo. Honestly, by the time she was eliminated, I actually wouldn't have minded her staying, at least over Jason, who was a trainwreck for his remaining three weeks. :P

Sonika ❤️ BMTL is definitely in my top 3 performances of the season (alongside Diamonds and No More Drama). I'm still a bit bitter about how they eliminated her, especially since having listened to the studio version of what she was going to sing, I was looking forward to the song (Loved Me Back to Life, I believe).

Melissa's version of What About Love is such a jam :wub: I don't remember anything else she did, but THAT was pretty great.

I have a feeling that I'll quite like Jessica if/when I rewatch season 4. I hope she's doing better nowadays.

OOof, Blake is too low for me lol. I quite liked his inventiveness throughout the season; his plain vocals weren't too bad either. Idk much about his post idol music, but I know he's another alum who's sung with PMJB (a few others who have just so I have it out of my system include Thia Megia, Vonzell Solomon, Catie Turner, Brielle von Hugel, and Von Smith - in addition to others that have already been covered)

3 hours ago, blackfield said:
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

090. Kristy Lee Cook - "One gifted with more than ordinary spiritual and moral insight": i think it has to do with the KLC prophecy.. damn one of the funniest threads on idolforums. and it all started with a horse.. still i was mad at her that she lasted one week more than michael johns. 

089. Sonika Vaid - This finalist's run went into the grave not too long after being born: i think you wrote it perfectly. she had 1 good performance before sliding back. i would have rated her lower. definitely not the top 100. 

088. Melissa McGhee - No plane tickets needed to be booked for at least a week

087. Jessica Sierra - The other country blonde: jessica and carrie were both blond country singers on the same season. that was when simon mentioned the likeability factor.. still jessica was edgier. and was sad when i heard about her. 

086. Blake Lewis - Buff Love, Doug E. Fresh... never cared much for season 6. beats me how this season had the highest ratings. 

090. Yes, it certainly has to do with the KLC prophecy! Fair enough at the last sentence.

089. Fair enough about her

088. I guess Melissa was so irrelevant she didn't deserve any commentary :haha:

087. Yeah pretty much. Carrie was seen as this wholesome, down to earth girl, whereas Jessica was rougher on the edges. Agree with the last sentence and hopefully she's better now

086. I think a lot of it had to do with it following S5, which was considered to be Idol at its peak ratings wise. Also, can't ignore the Sanjaya factor. With him being such a big deal, it would surprise me if some viewers tuned in to what he was all about.

2 hours ago, CarmenSandiego said:

When I saw the clue about the other blonde country singer, I knew that it referred to Jessica Sierra.  She and Carrie (who won) were the blonde country singers of Season 4.

Now for my comments on the rankings:

I’d have ranked Kristi lower than Jessica Sanchez, but this is a good ranking for her.

Hmm, maybe Sonika wasn’t sabotaged by Borchetta into picking songs that caused her to slide backwards.  Maybe she just wasn’t confident enough.  Oh well, I liked her and after she sang “Bring Me To Life”, I began voting just for her.  At least she got to fifth.

I’d actually have ranked Melissa lower than Sonika, but this is close enough.

As noted, Jessica was the other blonde country singer, and Carrie was just more memorable and better.

This is a good spot for Blake.  He was a fine performer but not such a good singer.  That’s why he had to change his songs up.

Yep, that was it!

Fair enough about Kristy

Who knows what went on regarding Sonika. I think it mainly came down to her not being confident enough. I agree about her at least getting fifth.

Fair enough about Melissa

Yeah, that was pretty much it regarding Jessica

Agreed about Blake

1 hour ago, hayden98 said:

I actually liked Kristy Lee Cook a lot more than I was expecting to when I rewatched Season 7 recently. Outside of Rescue Me and her Beatles covers, Kristy was usually pretty decent imo. Honestly, by the time she was eliminated, I actually wouldn't have minded her staying, at least over Jason, who was a trainwreck for his remaining three weeks. :P

Sonika ❤️ BMTL is definitely in my top 3 performances of the season (alongside Diamonds and No More Drama). I'm still a bit bitter about how they eliminated her, especially since having listened to the studio version of what she was going to sing, I was looking forward to the song (Loved Me Back to Life, I believe).

Melissa's version of What About Love is such a jam :wub: I don't remember anything else she did, but THAT was pretty great.

I have a feeling that I'll quite like Jessica if/when I rewatch season 4. I hope she's doing better nowadays.

OOof, Blake is too low for me lol. I quite liked his inventiveness throughout the season; his plain vocals weren't too bad either. Idk much about his post idol music, but I know he's another alum who's sung with PMJB (a few others who have just so I have it out of my system include Thia Megia, Vonzell Solomon, Catie Turner, Brielle von Hugel, and Von Smith - in addition to others that have already been covered)

I pretty much agree about Kristy except I really only liked her last three performances. I was actually kind of sad at her elimination, but it was coming sooner or later. With that said, I wouldn't have minded her staying over Jason either.

I don' know about Top 3, but BMTL would've definitely been in my Top 10. Agreed regarding how she was eliminated.

Yes, her version of WAL was pretty good, and the recorded version was great as well.

I feel the same in hoping Jessica is doing better nowadays.

I knew some wouldn't agree with this spot for him, LOL. I do remember him singing with PMJ, I think he did Sisqo's Thong Song. To be honest, that wasn't one of my favorites of theirs. :ph34rwave:

090. Kristy Lee Cook - As much as I enjoy the memes, I’m not a fan otherwise and she was easily my least favourite of the season 7 cast by the time she was eliminated. My dislike for her has mellowed out but I still wouldn’t consider myself a fan.

089. Sonika Vaid - One of the brighter aspects of S15’s cast, and I really enjoyed Bring Me to Life when it happened. I don’t think her performances have stood the test of time as well as Trent and La’Porsha’s did. 

088. Melissa McGhee - I liked her in season five but don’t really remember much about her. Still would’ve preferred her to most of the people who outlasted her though.

087. Jessica Sierra - One of my favourites in season 4, and I preferred her Top 11 performance to Carrie’s Alone. :ph34rwave:

086. Blake Lewis - This one hurts. For a while he was my #1 Idol contestant. He was the contestant who really got me to start watching the show religiously and involved in the Idol fandom. In some aspects, he’s kind of the one responsible for me meeting my husband and a lot of my friends since I met him through here. :haha: YGLABN is still my all-time favourite Idol performance and I’ve loved all of his music that he’s put out since. Though he isn’t my top favourite anymore, I still adore him and have a special place in my heart/Idol love for him.

4 hours ago, Elliott said:

090. Kristy Lee Cook - As much as I enjoy the memes, I’m not a fan otherwise and she was easily my least favourite of the season 7 cast by the time she was eliminated. My dislike for her has mellowed out but I still wouldn’t consider myself a fan.

089. Sonika Vaid - One of the brighter aspects of S15’s cast, and I really enjoyed Bring Me to Life when it happened. I don’t think her performances have stood the test of time as well as Trent and La’Porsha’s did. 

088. Melissa McGhee - I liked her in season five but don’t really remember much about her. Still would’ve preferred her to most of the people who outlasted her though.

087. Jessica Sierra - One of my favourites in season 4, and I preferred her Top 11 performance to Carrie’s Alone. :ph34rwave:

086. Blake Lewis - This one hurts. For a while he was my #1 Idol contestant. He was the contestant who really got me to start watching the show religiously and involved in the Idol fandom. In some aspects, he’s kind of the one responsible for me meeting my husband and a lot of my friends since I met him through here. :haha: YGLABN is still my all-time favourite Idol performance and I’ve loved all of his music that he’s put out since. Though he isn’t my top favourite anymore, I still adore him and have a special place in my heart/Idol love for him.

090. Understandable about Kristy. She was my 2nd least favorite contestant at the beginning of the finals before growing on me towards the end of her run.

089. Fair enough. Agreed about her performances not standing the test of time as well as Trent's and La'Porsha's, though to be fair none of the others contestants' performance did either

088. Agreed except I did remember a bit about her

087. I think I preferred her Top 11 performance to Carrie's as well at the time. :haha: Now they're about even for me.

086. :broken:. I take it he was your #1 until Lee arrived. :haha: I'm pretty sure most of us have contestants who got us obsessed with Idol; I know for sure I have one (of course, I won't mention who it is yet ;)). Seeing that he is the reason for your involvement in the Idol fandom and how he may have indirectly been responsible for you meeting your husband and friends, it makes sense to have a special place for him. 👍

Thanks to the three day weekend and not having much to do since I'm caught up with my schoolwork, I'm about to wrap up my next set. I'm still debating whether or not to put it up tonight or tomorrow, however...

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Crisis said:

Thanks to the three day weekend and not having much to do since I'm caught up with my schoolwork, I'm about to wrap up my next set. I'm still debating whether or not to put it up tonight or tomorrow, however...

I obviously want it up tonight, but do whatever works for you! 😊👍

Edited by Bk1234

41 minutes ago, Bk1234 said:

I obviously want it up tonight, but do whatever works for you! 😊👍

I was thinking about putting it up in the morning because it would provide a better chance for others. However, I decided I'm going to do it tonight. It should provide an opportunity to get another set ready for tomorrow. This one should be up within an hour or so. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Crisis said:

086. I think a lot of it had to do with it following S5, which was considered to be Idol at its peak ratings wise. Also, can't ignore the Sanjaya factor. With him being such a big deal, it would surprise me if some viewers tuned in to what he was all about.

i think season 5-6 was when VFTW was peaking too. good times! :thumbs:

and i miss all the heated discussions on this forum. 

34 minutes ago, blackfield said:

i think season 5-6 was when VFTW was peaking too. good times! :thumbs:

and i miss all the heated discussions on this forum. 

Ah yes VFTW; that site was a trip and a half. :haha:

New set coming up in the next post!

The clues for 85-81:

• Wasn't present at elimination
  • The forgotten diva
  • Gray Charles
  • One of the contestants with the same first name of the season falls
  • She'll be your everything if you make her a star

85. Alexis Grace: Season 8 (11th Place)

52nd+Annual+GRAMMY+Awards+Arrivals+fUd2LRusCxIx.jpg

Leading off the set is a S8 finalist. Alexis is considered to be one of the most “robbed” (boy, do I dislike that term) contestants in Idol history. I will start of by saying she wasn’t “robbed”; she simply didn’t get enough votes to advance, and this is coming from someone who likes her. As for her run, it started off when Kara advised her to "dirty it up" during her audition, whatever that means. Alexis appeared to take that to heart as she came back with pink streaks in her hair and edgier outfits. She was part of Group 1 in the semis where she sang I Never Loved A Man (The Way I Loved You). Though there were others from that group I was interested in at the time, she was definitely the best female contestant and dare I say the best overall performer; therefore, I had absolutely no qualms about her getting voted into the finals. The first week of the finals she sang Dirty Diana, which was one of the better performances of the night and a nice way to close the show. The following week, however, she sang Jolene, which was her weakest effort. While it was her worst performance, it wasn’t really all that bad considering some of the other performances that evening. Unfortunately, it would be her last as she was eliminated the following night. There was some thought she would get the save; Simon even mentioned they would consider saving her. Eventually, it was decided the save wouldn’t be used and thus, Alexis’ Idol run came to an end. There was some outcry surrounding her elimination, as it was thought other contestants should have left instead. One thing I can think of that may have contributed to her elimination was she didn’t come across as having the warmest personality. She appeared to be aloof at times, which means she didn’t really connect with the voters on a personality front. Regardless, though I said she wasn’t “robbed” per se, it was disappointing to see Alexis leave as early as she did because I felt she had a lot more to offer on Idol.

84. David Hernandez: Season 7 (12th Place)

David-Hernandez.jpg

The first of the three S7 Davids appears in this ranking. David Hernandez had a strong voice; however, he often came across as campy in his presentation (seeing that he was a stripper at one point, it makes sense). The first time I noticed him was during Hollywood when he sang Love The One You’re With, which was highly received by the judges, yet I was still not really sold on him. When he made the Top 24, I thought he would be similar to contestants such as Patrick Hall and Rudy Cardenas who were hyped up some but left the first week of the semis. After In The Midnight Hour, however, David proved me wrong and made me think he could stick around for a while. His following performance Papa Was A Rolling Stone was easily his best. Everything came together perfectly; the singing and showmanship was on point. His following performance It’s All Coming Back To Me Now was fine for the most part; however, I thought it was kind of hollow. Eventually he made it to the Top 12 where he sang I Saw Her Standing There which would be his worst performance of the season. It was really cheesy both vocally and presentation wise. It would eventually be his last as he was eliminated the following night. There was some controversy surrounding his elimination as reports of him being a former stripper, which was mentioned briefly at the beginning of this write-up, came out around that time. I’m not sure what role that played if any, but it didn’t look good for him, though I personally did have much of an issue with it. Regardless, it appears David is still singing. I stumbled across this video with him and S16 semifinalist Effie Passero, dubbing themselves 2nd Hour, singing a song they apparently co-wrote together, and I have to say it’s really nice.

It looks like he’s done some other songs which I will most likely check out at some point. At the end of the day, David was someone who had his moments.

83. Christina Christian: Season 1 (6th Place)

christina.jpg

Christina was a pretty girl with a pleasant enough voice, though she had a strong vibrato at times; she is considered to be the original goat after all. Her Idol journey began with her serenading Simon at her audition, which I thought was cute and charming though some may see it as pandering. It’s no wonder Simon had a crush on her. Performance wise she was fine enough, though there were moments her goat throat was on full display. The main culprit was When A Man Loves A Woman. In addition to the vibrato, she was sharp on a good number of notes; I would say this was her worst performance. Nevertheless, Christina’s shining moment was Ain’t No Sunshine the following week. It’s easily in my Top 10, if not Top 5 performances of the season. While watching it, the first thing that came to my mind was this reminded me of Sade which is a great thing because Sade is one of my all-time favorite artists, then Simon pretty much said the same thing during his comments. It is often thought this is the one night neither Kelly nor Tamyra had the top performance though I probably wouldn’t go that far. I also enjoyed her The Glory Of Love the following week, which would be her last as she was eliminated the following night. The most notable thing was her not being present for her elimination. Unfortunately, Christina was in the hospital that night due to illness, so she had to learn about her elimination from there, which sucked. In an interview following Idol, she stated she was fine being eliminated when she was because her health had taken a toll on her and who knows how bad things could’ve gotten had she stayed in the competition, which I completely understand. I know she recorded some music post-Idol and that she performed one of her songs during S3’s Top 8 Results Show. Other than that, I believe she left the music industry to focus on raising a family. Overall, Christina was a solid contestant with one shining moment.

82. Stephanie Edwards: Season 6 (11th Place)

Stephanie%20Edwards

Stephanie was a contestant who favored slow to mid-tempo R&B songs. I don’t know what it was about her, but for some reason I pegged her as a dark horse before the voting rounds began. Prior to the semis, she received little, if any airtime, so she pretty much had come out swinging during the Top 24. Did she ever with a powerful performance of How Come You Don’t Call Me Anymore, which sort of justified my hunch about her. While she gave some solid performances afterwards, that was pretty much her peak. I thought Stephanie had two things going against her. One was she had some pitch problems here and there, with Sweet Thing being the one performance were they more the most prevalent. The second, and probably the bigger one, was she was in a season where there were other singers who were similar to her. In addition, these other singers were more popular and considered to be better, so Stephanie needed to do something to help her stand out from them. Unfortunately, she was never really able to do so. If there was an opportunity for her to stand out, it was with Love Hangover during Top 12 week. She did the slow beginning first half of the song while forgoing the up-tempo disco second half. I understand why she did it because she wanted to focus primarily on the singing; however, I thought this was a huge missed opportunity (as an aside, poor Paula sitting in her chair waiting for the up-tempo part to kick in so she could get up and dance 😂). If she would’ve included the disco part, she could’ve separated herself as the younger, more contemporary one by moving around more and having fun. I guess that’s not who she was. The following week she gave her weakest performance with You Don’t Have To Say You Love Me. For starters, the arrangement was all wrong for her, plus the band drowned her out. Second, Stephanie didn’t look as sure about herself as she did in previous weeks. Either way, the performance was boring and forgettable which is dangerous that early in the finals. She would be eliminated the following night, which didn’t really come as a surprise. Overall, I think Stephanie would’ve done better if she were able to find a way to distinguish herself.

81. Taylor Hicks: Season 5 (1st Place)

Season-5-Taylor-Hicks.jpg

Closing out the set is the S5 winner. Before Lee DeWyze, before Nick Fradiani, Taylor Hicks was the biggest punching bag as far as AI winners went. He certainly is the most unconventional winner, from his look to his performance style, which often included him dancing like a drunk uncle at a wedding. With this said, I think Taylor is a bit on the underrated side. While he may not have been the strongest vocalist, he knew who he was and what he had to work with. One thing I don't think Taylor gets credit for is he played the Idol game as well as anyone. He knew what his fanbase wanted and smartly played up to that image and not deferring too much from it, which obviously worked for him. While he was easily my least favorite of S5’s Top 5 and was certainly not my pick to win, there were a few performances of his I enjoyed. The main ones were Levon, Takin’ It To The Streets, Trouble, and Something. On the flip side, he certainly had his fair share of poor performances. The main ones that come to mind are Take Me Home, Country Roads (though apparently he was sick that night), Just Once, and Play That Funky Music. Despite this, he never once landed in the B3 and went on to win the crown pretty easily. I thought he had it wrapped up once Chris was eliminated because it was thought that Chris was the one contestant who had a shot at beating Taylor despite Chris being in the B2 once prior to his elimination. Post-Idol, Taylor released a couple of albums and managed to secure a Las Vegas residency in 2012. In addition, he played Teen Angel on a Broadway rendition of Grease in 2008 and 2009. It appears Taylor has done well for himself post-Idol despite not having much of a recording career. Then again, I always thought Taylor was more of a live performer than recording artist anyway. Taylor is not my favorite winner by any means, but he is someone I didn’t really mind all things considered.

085. Alexis Grace

084. David Hernandez

083. Christina Christian

082. Stephanie Edwards

081. Taylor Hicks

So have at it! In the meanwhile, here's what to expect in the upcoming set:

• Sang a song which seems eerie now
  • Tweet tweet
  • The stage could've held up better
  • Played an instrument Weird Al would approve of
  • This performer may have been a little goofy...

8 hours ago, Crisis said:
  • The forgotten diva
  • Gray Charles

8 hours ago, Crisis said:

085. Alexis Grace

084. David Hernandez

083. Christina Christian

082. Stephanie Edwards

081. Taylor Hicks

My Opinions:

-She’ll be your everything if you make her a star. Alexis Grace. No comment. 

-One of the contestants with the same first name of the season falls. David Hernandez. He was probably my least favorite S7 finalist, besides maybe Amanda... 😒 To me, he came across as someone who thought he was better than everyone else (when he clearly wasn’t...) I would have ranked him WAY lower, but I’ll accept your opinion. 😊

-Wasn’t present at elimination- Christina Christian. No comment. 

-The forgotten diva- Stephanie Edwards. No comment. 

-Gray Charles. Taylor Hicks. All I can say is somewhere over the rainbow, Katharine McPhee won Season 5. I wasn’t a big fan of Taylor. Like you said, he looked like a drunk uncle dancing around the stage (like Paul from S10)! 😂 However, I understand why he won. He was very fun and appealed to the fans! 👍 Definitely not my favorite winner, but I guess he did ok. 

• Thanks 1

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

085. Alexis Grace - She'll be your everything if you make her a star: she was willing to change her look to make it. but season 8 was dominated by 1 person: Adam lambert. he stole the attention pretty much every week. alexis payed the price of being forgettable. 

084. David Hernandez - One of the contestants with the same first name of the season falls: i think it has to do with his name being the same as the winner and runnerup. the only thing i remember of him is the joke michael johns made on the larry king interview about him. 

083. Christina Christian - Wasn't present at elimination: i believe she was sick during elimination night and wasn't there. in a season full of divas she was middle of the pack. 

082. Stephanie Edwards - The forgotten diva: because i can't remember her. who!? 

081. Taylor Hicks - Gray Charles: this is a reference to his gray hair which was talked about a lot during the season. also his fanbase was called the soul patrol because of his soulful bluesy/jazzy style like ray charles. hence the nickname.. season 5 was one of my favs and i liked some of his performances. when he cut his crazy stage antics and just sang he was very good. and i was rooting for a chris/taylor finale with katherine third.. 

12 hours ago, Crisis said:

The clues for 85-81:

• The forgotten diva
  • Gray Charles

085. Alexis Grace

084. David Hernandez

083. Christina Christian

082. Stephanie Edwards

081. Taylor Hicks may have been a little goofy...

The one who wasn’t present at elimination has to be Christina.  I think that I began watching the show around the time she was eliminated.  I thought that R.J. should have gone before her, but if the competition took such a huge toll on her health, maybe it was just as well she was eliminated then. The ranking is about right.

The forgotten diva is most likely Stephanie.  I liked her but not as much as Melinda. The ranking is also about right.

Gray Charles is probably Taylor.  He has gray hair.  The ranking is also about right.  I never voted for him but I never disliked him either.

The fourth clue must refer to David Hernandez.  He had the same first name as the winner and the runner up of Season 7.  I wasn’t too fond of him and actually would have put him last among my rankings of the Season 7 contestants.

That means that the final clue must refer to Alexis.  I’d actually have put her higher than David Hernandez, but this is close enough.  Sadly, while she tried to stand out, one bad song choice did her in.  And Adam stole the show.

4 hours ago, Bk1234 said:

My Opinions:

-She’ll be your everything if you make her a star. Alexis Grace. No comment. 

-One of the contestants with the same first name of the season falls. David Hernandez. He was probably my least favorite S7 finalist, besides maybe Amanda... 😒 To me, he came across as someone who thought he was better than everyone else (when he clearly wasn’t...) I would have ranked him WAY lower, but I’ll accept your opinion. 😊

-Wasn’t present at elimination- Christina Christian. No comment. 

-The forgotten diva- Stephanie Edwards. No comment. 

-Gray Charles. Taylor Hicks. All I can say is somewhere over the rainbow, Katharine McPhee won Season 5. I wasn’t a big fan of Taylor. Like you said, he looked like a drunk uncle dancing around the stage (like Paul from S10)! 😂 However, I understand why he won. He was very fun and appealed to the fans! 👍 Definitely not my favorite winner, but I guess he did ok. 

Once again 5/5! Give someone else a chance (I'm totally joking BTW ;))!

Clue explanation:

Alexis Grace: She’ll be your everything if you make her a star (This could be seen as a double entendre; as mentioned, Alexis was advised to change her image a bit or "dirty it up" if you will, plus the clue are lyrics from Dirty Diana, which is what she sang during Top 12, the main differences being switching she'll and her with I'll and me respectively)

David Hernandez: One of the contestants with the same first name of the season falls (This should be straightforward; there were three Davids during S7, and David Hernandez is the first to appear in this ranking)

Christina Christian: Wasn’t present at elimination (Another straightforward clue; as mentioned in her write-up, Christina was in the hospital when her elimination was announced)

Stephanie Edwards: The forgotten diva (Stephanie was in a season with Melinda, LaKisha, and Jordin, who are considered to be divas, though I personally don't include Jordin because I felt she was different enough from the others. The other three were more popular with the judges and the public and therefore, Stephanie was overlooked)

Taylor Hicks: Gray Charles (Outside of his frenzied dancing, Taylor was known for his great hair and affinity for the soul/blues genre which includes Ray Charles; hence it being one of his nicknames. Also, I believe there was a site named Gray Charles that was dedicated to him)

As for your comments:

David: Yeah, he did come across as full of himself at times. However, I did enjoy some of his performances

Taylor: I pretty much agree regarding him

3 hours ago, blackfield said:
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

085. Alexis Grace - She'll be your everything if you make her a star: she was willing to change her look to make it. but season 8 was dominated by 1 person: Adam lambert. he stole the attention pretty much every week. alexis payed the price of being forgettable. 

084. David Hernandez - One of the contestants with the same first name of the season falls: i think it has to do with his name being the same as the winner and runnerup. the only thing i remember of him is the joke michael johns made on the larry king interview about him. 

083. Christina Christian - Wasn't present at elimination: i believe she was sick during elimination night and wasn't there. in a season full of divas she was middle of the pack. 

082. Stephanie Edwards - The forgotten diva: because i can't remember her. who!? 

081. Taylor Hicks - Gray Charles: this is a reference to his gray hair which was talked about a lot during the season. also his fanbase was called the soul patrol because of his soulful bluesy/jazzy style like ray charles. hence the nickname.. season 5 was one of my favs and i liked some of his performances. when he cut his crazy stage antics and just sang he was very good. and i was rooting for a chris/taylor finale with katherine third.. 

085. Can't say I disagree with this too much

084. What was the joke Michael made about him?

083. Can't say I disagree

082. Ouch :haha:

081. I agree some of his best performances were when he toned down the stage antics

1 hour ago, CarmenSandiego said:

The one who wasn’t present at elimination has to be Christina.  I think that I began watching the show around the time she was eliminated.  I thought that R.J. should have gone before her, but if the competition took such a huge toll on her health, maybe it was just as well she was eliminated then. The ranking is about right.

The forgotten diva is most likely Stephanie.  I liked her but not as much as Melinda. The ranking is also about right.

Gray Charles is probably Taylor.  He has gray hair.  The ranking is also about right.  I never voted for him but I never disliked him either.

The fourth clue must refer to David Hernandez.  He had the same first name as the winner and the runner up of Season 7.  I wasn’t too fond of him and actually would have put him last among my rankings of the Season 7 contestants.

That means that the final clue must refer to Alexis.  I’d actually have put her higher than David Hernandez, but this is close enough.  Sadly, while she tried to stand out, one bad song choice did her in.  And Adam stole the show.

Pretty much agree about Christina and RJ, though I have RJ ranked ahead of her.

Pretty much ditto with Stephanie.

Ditto regarding Taylor.

It appears DH isn't too popular around these parts. :haha:

I don't think Jolene was a bad song choice, it's just that the performance didn't really stand out. Either way, it was enough to do her in.

On 7/3/2020 at 4:25 PM, Crisis said:

- S7 is second favorite season, so I also have very fond memories on it. I look forward to you looking forward to my thoughts on Syesha. 😄

- It certainly has for me. I wasn't the biggest country music fan prior to Idol, but now I listen to it a lot more than I used to. :yes:

Unfortunately, I still have memories of Reed's performances, and they are not of the good kind...

:dead: I'll just say it'll be a LONG while before she appears.

Hopefully everyone can as well. If you were to do a ranking, I would definitely follow it though if it were to be at the same time as mine, I probably wouldn't comment too much as not to spoil how I feel about certain contestants who haven't appeared yet.

-  Oh, which season is your favorite? 😮

- Aw, I love that Idol can do that for people. ❤️ 

Sorry to hear it. :lmao: :dead: 

I'm happy about that! 😄 

It definitely wouldn't be too soon, but thanks for being interested in following. :wub:  I'll have to think about it and find the energy to do so because I have wanted to update it for so many years now. :haha: I'd also consider including Canadian and Australian Idol contestants too, which I did on a list or two even longer ago. :haha:  I'm curious if you watched any of those shows? 

090. Kristy Lee Cook: My thoughts are almost identical to yours. :haha: I didn't think much of her, and then she was one of my least favorites... and then she grew on me a lot with her final performances. I also thought she was really good on tour and I enjoyed her album, as well.  LOL the WGWG prophecy she left behind is iconic. I don't know how she did it. :wub: 

089. Sonika Vaid: I liked her earlier on, but then she was kind of just there for me when the live shows started. I like her voice, but wasn't crazy about most of her performances (including BMTL). 

088. Melissa McGhee: I always associated Lindsey and Melissa's voices too, so glad to know I'm not alone. :haha: I do really like her tone and enjoyed her performances, specifically the first two.  I had so many more favorites that season though, so I kind of just didn't mind her. I was going to mention the recording of "What About Love" though and see you did too. I loved that. I played it like crazy and more than the ones from my big favorites too. :haha: 

087. Jessica Sierra: I really liked her and considered her among my favorites group (like top 5 or 6). I really enjoyed all her performances actually and also thought "Shop Around" was underrated. I really loved the tone of her voice and would have liked to see her last longer.

086. Blake Lewis: He was my favorite of the season and I absolutely loved and was obsessed with him. :wub: I wonder what you have against naming the bromance? :giggle: Aw your comments. :(  I loved him from the start and loved his creativity. I'm glad you give him credit for that. ❤️  YGLABN really was iconic. :wub: Although he was my favorite at the same, I also loved Jordin, so I was fine with either winning.. I also have enjoyed his post-Idol music, although I listened the most to his debut album. :bobo: 

085. Alexis Grace: She wasn't among my favorites, but I liked her and her voice and am curious what else she could have brought to the competition. I really enjoyed her first two performances. 

084. David Hernandez: There was a time he was my #2 favorite of the season... or at least #3. I absolutely loved his voice and became obsessed with his performances from the first one. :haha:  I remember seeing him in Hollywood and just adored his voice,e. I thought he was so underrated and even more so going home in 12th. :broken: I love so many of the finalists from that group, but he is still near the top (or at least top half) for me. The song you posted is really nice too.

083. Christina Christian:  I really liked Christina a lot. I enjoyed her performances and it's a shame she was cut the way she was. :(  Although, health is top priority, of course. I haven't kept up with her much, but I did like the music I heard her release.

082. Stephanie Edwards: I like her voice, but she didn't stand out much for me (as your comments talk a lot about :haha: ) She's good though, but I also didn't really connect with her.

081. Taylor Hicks: I really liked him and was fine with him winning after my biggest favorites were cut that season. :haha: Although I prefer Katharine now, I liked Taylor more at the time. I agree that he played to his strengths really well, and I could name about seven other performances of his you didn't name that I also thought were great. :yes: It's good to know he's done so well for himself following the show, even if not in the way expected from an Idol winner.

1 hour ago, miss denise said:

-  Oh, which season is your favorite? 😮

- Aw, I love that Idol can do that for people. ❤️ 

Sorry to hear it. :lmao: :dead: 

I'm happy about that! 😄 

It definitely wouldn't be too soon, but thanks for being interested in following. :wub:  I'll have to think about it and find the energy to do so because I have wanted to update it for so many years now. :haha: I'd also consider including Canadian and Australian Idol contestants too, which I did on a list or two even longer ago. :haha:  I'm curious if you watched any of those shows? 

090. Kristy Lee Cook: My thoughts are almost identical to yours. :haha: I didn't think much of her, and then she was one of my least favorites... and then she grew on me a lot with her final performances. I also thought she was really good on tour and I enjoyed her album, as well.  LOL the WGWG prophecy she left behind is iconic. I don't know how she did it. :wub: 

089. Sonika Vaid: I liked her earlier on, but then she was kind of just there for me when the live shows started. I like her voice, but wasn't crazy about most of her performances (including BMTL). 

088. Melissa McGhee: I always associated Lindsey and Melissa's voices too, so glad to know I'm not alone. :haha: I do really like her tone and enjoyed her performances, specifically the first two.  I had so many more favorites that season though, so I kind of just didn't mind her. I was going to mention the recording of "What About Love" though and see you did too. I loved that. I played it like crazy and more than the ones from my big favorites too. :haha: 

087. Jessica Sierra: I really liked her and considered her among my favorites group (like top 5 or 6). I really enjoyed all her performances actually and also thought "Shop Around" was underrated. I really loved the tone of her voice and would have liked to see her last longer.

086. Blake Lewis: He was my favorite of the season and I absolutely loved and was obsessed with him. :wub: I wonder what you have against naming the bromance? :giggle: Aw your comments. :(  I loved him from the start and loved his creativity. I'm glad you give him credit for that. ❤️  YGLABN really was iconic. :wub: Although he was my favorite at the same, I also loved Jordin, so I was fine with either winning.. I also have enjoyed his post-Idol music, although I listened the most to his debut album. :bobo: 

085. Alexis Grace: She wasn't among my favorites, but I liked her and her voice and am curious what else she could have brought to the competition. I really enjoyed her first two performances. 

084. David Hernandez: There was a time he was my #2 favorite of the season... or at least #3. I absolutely loved his voice and became obsessed with his performances from the first one. :haha:  I remember seeing him in Hollywood and just adored his voice,e. I thought he was so underrated and even more so going home in 12th. :broken: I love so many of the finalists from that group, but he is still near the top (or at least top half) for me. The song you posted is really nice too.

083. Christina Christian:  I really liked Christina a lot. I enjoyed her performances and it's a shame she was cut the way she was. :(  Although, health is top priority, of course. I haven't kept up with her much, but I did like the music I heard her release.

082. Stephanie Edwards: I like her voice, but she didn't stand out much for me (as your comments talk a lot about :haha: ) She's good though, but I also didn't really connect with her.

081. Taylor Hicks: I really liked him and was fine with him winning after my biggest favorites were cut that season. :haha: Although I prefer Katharine now, I liked Taylor more at the time. I agree that he played to his strengths really well, and I could name about seven other performances of his you didn't name that I also thought were great. :yes: It's good to know he's done so well for himself following the show, even if not in the way expected from an Idol winner.

- S5, although objectively, I would say S7 was better in terms of contestants and performances from top to bottom. I'll explain why S5 was my favorite when certain contestants show up. 👍

- Yes, it certainly can ❤️

Yeah, unfortunately...:haha:

👍

I've seen a few performances of Canadian Idol, but I haven't seen anything from Australian Idol. For the former, though there are performances on YT, I've been looking for full seasons but can't seem to find them anywhere. 🙁

090. Yay for having nearly identical thoughts about her. :haha: Nice to see you enjoyed her on tour and her album. 👍 Yes, the WGWG prophecy is iconic indeed. Who knows how she did it. :lmao:

089. I pretty much agree regarding her, except I did enjoy BMTL. It's too bad she was never able to match that performance. 🙁

088. Great minds think alike regarding Melissa and Lindsey. :haha: Other than that, I agree with almost everything said.

087. Pretty much the same except she just missed my Top 6. She'll just have to settle for being in my Top 7 instead. :giggle:

086. It's just that I virtually read and heard about it nonstop throughout S6, even if it wasn't relevant to the discussion. 🙄 I was never a fan of Chris Richardson, and I wasn't too fond of Blake at the time either, so imagine how tortuous that was for me. As for Blake, his creativity and YGLABN are the reasons he's here, though I did come to appreciate some of his other performances over time. My favorites were gone at the time, so it didn't matter to me who won, though I'd like to think Blake was happy he didn't win. :haha:

085. Agreed 100% about Alexis

084. After seeing some comments about how he would be at the bottom (which I totally respect BTW in case anyone may be offended 👍), it's nice to see someone have him fairly high at the time. He's roughly mid-pack for me. Yes, that song is nice.

083. It is a shame she was cut the way she was, but I absolutely agree health is top priority. I enjoyed a good portion of her performances as well.

082. Pretty much agree about her. If only she did a better job at standing out...

081. While I wouldn't say I was fine with his win, it really didn't bother me much because I knew it was pretty much inevitable. :haha: I guess I liked his performances when he wasn't dancing the most, though if I had to pick one in which he did dance around, it would be Crazy Little Thing Called Love. It was a nice comeback after TMH, CR. I wonder what these other performances could be...🤔

I have the next set ready. I'll try to have it posted today by 10:00 EST.

Posted (edited)

It may be a little later than promised, but here is the new set. The clues for 80-76:

- Sang a song which seems eerie now
- Tweet tweet
- The stage could've held up better
- Played an instrument Weird Al would approve of
- This performer may have been a little goofy...

80. RJ Helton: Season 1 (5th Place)

0d8bec02f174452dadbb5dfa5aa00007.jpg

Leading off this set is the final S1 male to appear. Seeing that RJ is the last, this makes him my favorite by default. Though EJay had a stronger voice and Justin had more charisma and better stage presence, I liked RJ the most. Outside of his performances, the main thing I remember about RJ was that for some reason he was Simon’s personal punching bag. Simon was way too harsh on him to the point of being almost cruel. His journey started with him singing I’ll Be There as a part of Group 3 in the semifinals. The most memorable part of the performance was the verbal altercation between Randy and Simon after Simon referred to certain contestants as losers (later we found out he was talking about Jim and A.J.) and poor RJ had to stand there while everything was going down. When it was all said and done, RJ wasn’t voted into the finals; however, he was invited to perform in the WC round where he gave a very solid performance of Lately. Though I was hoping another contestant would’ve gotten the WC, RJ definitely did well enough to earn it, so I wasn’t upset over it. He gave some solid performances in the finals; however, the one he may be the most known for was the infamous I Won’t Dance during Big Band Week where he wore an all white suit and danced awkwardly when he forgot the words. 😣 He managed to survive it; however, Simon really went after him on the Results Show, and to be honest that irritated me greatly. RJ was already visibly upset and probably realized he should’ve been the one eliminated, so I felt there was no need for Simon to pile on him like that. 🙄 Fortunately, RJ managed to redeem himself the following week with Arthur’s Theme (Best That You Can Do), which I felt was easily his best performance in the finals. He was eliminated the following night, so it was a solid way to end his run. I know he released a Christian item post-Idol and came out as gay in 2006; other than that, I’m not sure what else he’s been up to. Overall, while not the most charismatic contestant, I did enjoy RJ during his time on Idol.

79. Joey Cook: Season 14 (7th Place)

5d2110a8cfff1.image.jpg

We're going back to S14 for our next finalist. Joey was a contestant that took me some time to “get” if that makes sense. She is one of the more unique contestants Idol has had, that’s for sure. At first, I thought she was some kind of joke audition who would be sent to Hollywood and cut within the first few rounds despite the judges saying she could be heard on the radio. However, she managed to make it to the Top 24 somehow. I thought her rendition of Somebody Like You was completely absurd and didn’t get it at all. 🙄 Apparently, I was in the minority because she managed to make to the following week. I didn’t care for two performances after it and was wondering how long this would last. However, it was Fancy that made me do a 180 on her. I rarely say this about anyone, but I absolutely LOATHE Iggy Azalea. 🤮 I don’t know what it is, but there’s something about her that rubs me the wrong way. In fact, she’s down there with Chris Brown among my least favorite music artists of all time; even Jennifer Hudson’s presence when the two performed that season didn’t mitigate my loathing of her, so needless to say I wasn’t looking forward to Joey’s performance. However, I absolutely LOVED her rendition of Fancy, so much in fact I went and bought the recording of it, which is something I rarely do. I know she said she got the idea of the arrangement from Postmodern Jukebox, but she was still able to make it her own somehow. From that point on, I started looking forward to what Joey would do instead of dreading it. In addition to Fancy, I enjoyed Mad World, Miss Independent, and Somebody to Love, which would eventually be her last. Finally, I liked the friendship she and Quentin developed during the season; I wonder if the two are still in touch. Regardless, Joey went from someone I didn’t “get” to someone who’s artistry I’ve come to greatly appreciate during the season.

78. Rickey Smith: Season 2 (8th Place)

ad_205234396-e1462614856769.jpg?quality=90&strip=all

Rickey is the second of the three tough write-ups I have to do for this ranking. 💔 Rickey was this jovial, friendly, outgoing guy who seemed to be beloved and respected by everyone he crossed paths with. He’s probably best known for his “Hercules! Hercules!” chant he would often do. In addition, he had a really nice voice though I’ll admit his tone may not be for everyone. My favorite performances of his were One Last Cry, (1, 2, 3), It Might Be You, and Endless Love. With that said, the performance I remember the most from him was Let’s Groove during Disco Week. The performance was terrible, don’t get me wrong; it was easily his worst, mainly because of him trying to channel Phillip Bailey and use a non-existent falsetto. However, I appreciated him embracing the theme with him going on stage with the huge afro and 70’s attire. 🤣 Going back to Endless Love, it would be his last because he was eliminated the following night. One thing that struck me was how visibly upset the other finalists were at his elimination. It was easy to see how well-liked he was among them. Another thing was some felt Rickey was screwed over because of the show having a B3 the previous week but not eliminating anyone due to Corey’s disqualification and therefore, the votes from that week carried over to the following week. Finally, because the show was out of time, none of Rickey’s swan song was aired, so his elimination was kind of a mess. Sadly, as we all know, Rickey was killed by a drunk driver who was driving on the wrong side of the highway in a head-on collision in May 2016. It truly is a shame. RIP. 💔

77. Rayvon Owen: Season 14 (4th Place)

SB7.jpg

Time to go back to S14 with this next entry. Rayvon was probably the closest thing Idol had to a male contemporary R&B artist since Nikko Smith way back in S4 (though arguments can be made for Anoop and maybe Big Mike). Rayvon was a solid technical singer; however, his biggest issue was like DeAndre he depended too much on his falsetto at times and overused to the point where it would ruin some of his performances. When he used it less, as he did during the latter part of his run, his performances were much better. I liked his first three performances of Jealous, My Girl, and Wide Awake. However, his next three performances (Burn, Stayin’ Alive, and Everybody Wants To Rule The World) were easily among his worst along with Go Your Own Way. These were the main culprits where his use of falsetto hurt more than helped. Outside of these, I also liked Always On My Mind, and As. One performance I didn’t care for was Since U Been Gone. I know he tried to do something different; however, I thought he slowed it down too much and made it too melodramatic. The main thing Rayvon is infamous for, however, is being part of and winning every Twitter Save (one of quite a few of Per Blankens’ terrible ideas 🙄). I found it kind of amusing how he was there every week it was in play. What may have helped him was he was often against some of the more polarizing contestants in those saves. Honestly, the only Twitter Save I would’ve liked to have seen go the other way was when it was between him and Quentin; however, Quentin was sadly a dead man walking going into the night, so I knew he didn’t have much of a chance of being saved. He eventually made it all the way to 4th place before finally bowing out. I know he released a video of a song where he came out; outside of that, I don’t know what else he’s been doing. Rayvon may be a punching bag because of the Twitter Save; however, he’s someone I liked for the most part during his time on Idol.

76. Uché: Season 17 (9th/10th Place)

7764899c-ec22-4629-8632-7766a78d46f0.jpg

Closing out the set is who Lionel Richie dubbed as "Mr. Entertainment". Uché is the last of the S17 wildcards to appear in this ranking. More than anyone that season, Uché was more of an entertainer than singer. He is often looked at as a more technically sound, less manic Qaasim, and I can’t say I disagree with this claim. He is someone who appeared to have a genuine love of performing and putting on a show. Uché’s Idol run began with Figures in the semifinals. This is my favorite of his and probably his best overall performance. I liked how it started off slow and then gradually build to an explosive finish at the end. Considering the limited time frame contestants have for performances, Uché did a great job with this one. He eventually advanced to the Top 14 after his duet with Shaggy, which to be honest I felt was his weakest showing. He looked like he struggled to keep up with both Shaggy and the song; fortunately, it didn’t have much of an impact on whether he advanced or not. He sang Finesse in the Top 14 round and he definitely worked that one out, especially with the dance breakdown towards the end! Unfortunately, it wasn’t enough as he wasn’t voted into the Top 7. Nonetheless, he sang Diamonds in the WC round, which happened to be his most restrained and his best pure vocal performance of the competition, IMO. The most memorable thing about it was Lionel getting out of his seat and personally placing Uché in one of the Top 10 stools. I didn’t care for the antics, but I was happy Uché got a WC spot. The following week he sang I 2 I, which was his weakest performance of the competition. I was ecstatic he did something from A Goofy Movie because it’s one of my all-time favorite Disney movies; however, I wished he would’ve done Stand Out instead. Either way, he was eliminated along with Dimitrius later that evening because once again, the wildcards of the ABC reboot don't go too far in the competition. Uché was someone I enjoyed during S17 and would’ve liked for him to stick around longer than he did.

080. RJ Helton

079. Joey Cook

078. Rickey Smith

077. Rayvon Owen

076. Uché

The current set is ready to go. What to expect for the next set:

- Third time wasn't the charm

- A hit from The Village People

- The first of the Fab Five appears

- Couldn't keep up a strong start

- It's more than a feeling for this finalist to have a peace of mind when performing

Edited by Crisis

I'll reply back and comment fully on the set in a little bit, but trying to analyze these clues first. :haha: 

- Sang a song which seems eerie now: Rickey? "I've Done Enough Dyin' Today" :(  Ugh.
- Tweet tweet: Rayvon due to winning the Twitter saves. I definitely had someone else in mind when I saw this clue in the last set though. :haha:  
- The stage could've held up better: RJ for falling off the stage?
- Played an instrument Weird Al would approve of: Joey for playing the accordion
- This performer may have been a little goofy...:  Uche since he sang a song from A Goofy Movie

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

my guesses:

080. RJ Helton - Sang a song which seems eerie now

079. Joey Cook - Played an instrument Weird Al would approve of: she played an accordion like weird al.. the only interesting thing about her idol run. 

078. Rickey Smith - The stage could've held up better

077. Rayvon Owen - Tweet tweet: king of the (stupid and unnecessarily) tweeter save (good riddance).. 

076. Uché - This performer may have been a little goofy...

Edited by blackfield

1 hour ago, miss denise said:

I'll reply back and comment fully on the set in a little bit, but trying to analyze these clues first. :haha: 

- Sang a song which seems eerie now: Rickey? "I've Done Enough Dyin' Today" :(  Ugh.
- Tweet tweet: Rayvon due to winning the Twitter saves. I definitely had someone else in mind when I saw this clue in the last set though. :haha:  
- The stage could've held up better: RJ for falling off the stage?
- Played an instrument Weird Al would approve of: Joey for playing the accordion
- This performer may have been a little goofy...:  Uche since he sang a song from A Goofy Movie

5/5! I think I know who you had in mind for the clue. :haha:

48 minutes ago, blackfield said:

my guesses:

080. RJ Helton - Sang a song which seems eerie now

079. Joey Cook - Played an instrument Weird Al would approve of: she played an accordion like weird al.. the only interesting thing about her idol run. 

078. Rickey Smith - The stage could've held up better

077. Rayvon Owen - Tweet tweet: king of the (stupid and unnecessarily) tweeter save (good riddance).. 

076. Uché - This performer may have been a little goofy...

3/5. Rickey and RJ needed to be swapped. 

6 hours ago, Crisis said:

- S5, although objectively, I would say S7 was better in terms of contestants and performances from top to bottom. I'll explain why S5 was my favorite when certain contestants show up. 👍

I've seen a few performances of Canadian Idol, but I haven't seen anything from Australian Idol. For the former, though there are performances on YT, I've been looking for full seasons but can't seem to find them anywhere. 🙁

086. It's just that I virtually read and heard about it nonstop throughout S6, even if it wasn't relevant to the discussion. 🙄 I was never a fan of Chris Richardson, and I wasn't too fond of Blake at the time either, so imagine how tortuous that was for me. As for Blake, his creativity and YGLABN are the reasons he's here, though I did come to appreciate some of his other performances over time. My favorites were gone at the time, so it didn't matter to me who won, though I'd like to think Blake was happy he didn't win. :haha:

081. While I wouldn't say I was fine with his win, it really didn't bother me much because I knew it was pretty much inevitable. :haha: I guess I liked his performances when he wasn't dancing the most, though if I had to pick one in which he did dance around, it would be Crazy Little Thing Called Love. It was a nice comeback after TMH, CR. I wonder what these other performances could be...🤔

Ah, that is a popular choice and another one of my favorites as well. :yes: I'm curious to see how your top favorites from that season rank. 

I had such good luck with Canadian Idol with my favorite winning most seasons. :haha: But there was great talent on both shows and a shame they ended so soon compared to in the U.S. I'm curious who you may have seen and liked on YouTube. The media used to be so much more readily available. :( I'll have to search and see if I can find any full episodes. I used to download them back during the seasons (on my super slow dial-up internet :dead:  )

Oh I see, sorry. :( I was curious, but sorry that it upset you. :blushingwave:  I loved both, so of course loved their friendship, as well. I'm glad Blake has grown on you. ❤️  He may have been.. I know he was happy for Jordin. :haha: 

I understand. Oh darn, I loved a lot of the dancing ones. :lmao:  That's a good pick and one of my favorites too! Okay, let's see here....  the other six I enjoyed best were Living for the City, You Send Me, In the Ghetto, Dancing in the Dark, You Are So Beautiful, Try a Little Tenderness.

1 hour ago, Crisis said:

5/5! I think I know who you had in mind for the clue. :haha:

Yay! I will say those clues took me a bit longer to figure out. :haha: And you probably do. :giggle: 

080. RJ Helton: One of my favorites and my favorite guy that season as well. I really like his voice and enjoyed probably all his performances. Ugh, the Simon stuff. I remember. :broken: 

079. Joey Cook: I was never a fan at all and the way you felt initially about her is the way I continue to feel. :( :haha: I do think I liked her rendition of Fancy, at least. 

078. Rickey Smith: I really like him and am sad to talk about him. :broken:  I love that you mentioned Disco night because him coming on stage with that afro was one of my favorite moments. :lmao: I really enjoyed his voice and ugh at another drunk driving incident. :( He's  gone too soon.

077. Rayvon Owen: He was one of my favorites of the season and actually second favorite. I was annoyed how often he landed in the bottom, but love that he was always saved. :giggle: I thought he was so underrated and had some great performances. I actually loved his version of SUBG. 

076. Uché: I really liked him a lot, although I can't remember where he ranks for me among the other contestants because, you know, it's a recent season and I forgot all about it. :giggle:  But really, I thought he was so entertaining and definitely underrated by the voters as well. :( Ugh. I would have liked to see him go much further too. He really brought something great to the show.

Aw darn, I thought the clues were so we could speculate (even if not out loud any more) what was coming up next. ❤️ But however you want to do it is, of course, fine. I will still attempt to guess when they show up. 😄 

11 hours ago, Crisis said:

080. RJ Helton

079. Joey Cook

078. Rickey Smith

077. Rayvon Owen

076. Uché

Good job @miss denise for getting all the clues right! 

My Opinions

No issues with this set! 😊👍

RJ Helton- No comment.

Joey Cook- She seemed very fun. However, the only things I really remember are her playing the accordion and Quentin’s outcry about her being in the bottom 2 (or something like that 😂). 

Rickey Smith- No comment. 

Rayvon Owen- Aah, the king has finally been ranked! 😂 I agree with pretty much everything you said. The Twitter saves (and the saves in general) were stupid... 😒

Uché- Uché is a contestant who I didn’t hate, but didn’t love either. I personally think he screwed himself over during Disney Night. He sang an irrelevant song (which for Disney Night could hurt), and it wasn’t a “wow” performance either. Being an ABC wildcard pick didn’t help the situation either... 🙁 

After some consideration, I've decided to go back to whiting out the clues. They've been added to the previous set if anyone's interested. As for the next set, I have some labs to do tonight, but I'll try to have it up. If not, it'll definitely be up tomorrow; it'll be an opportunity for anyone who wants to catch up since I've put up the previous 2-3 sets kind of fast. 😆

As for anyone who commented on the previous set, I'll respond this evening since I'm on a short lunch break today. :/

• Like 1