idolforums.com
Crisis

Crisis On Hand: An American Idol Finalists Ranking List

1 hour ago, x3 because of u said:

What to expect for the next set:

• Thanks to this finalist, Kara really needed a beverage :haha:
  • Not Prego - Katharine McPhee
  • Opposite of big sour - Justin Guarini
  • Considered to have given the first true train wreck in Idol history - Nikki McKibbin?
  • Not that Big D

I hope you're not right about "Not Prego." Katharine McPhee is amazing, and she may take the final slot in my Top 10. 

Posted (edited)

No real complaints about the rankings.

I seem to remember Simon also telling Jasmine after one of her performances on Disco Night that a packed suitcase and a plane ticket were in her future.  And afterwards, she was crying.  I felt sorry for her, but not enough to vote for her.  But while I doubt that she was crying just to get the sympathy vote, she probably got a lot of votes from people who wanted to stick it to Simon, as well as the Hawaii vote, of course.  I certainly wasn’t happy when she survived and my favorite, LaToya, didn’t, but I didn’t blame Jasmine.

I think that the “Not Prego” clue might refer to Alyssa Raghu, since Prego is a spaghetti sauce and so is Ragu.

Edited by CarmenSandiego

4 hours ago, hayden98 said:

Because I've missed some 70 contestants, I'll just comment on some standouts lol.

I might've ranked Gianna a little higher. I mean, she shouldn't have made it to the finals imo, but I think with several years under her belt (and hopefully less emphasis on her mom), she might've been a contender. I've not checked out any post-idol music from her though, so idk.

ITA with you on Gabby. I've not bothered listening to her single, but her few standouts on the show were the songs she did that were not country. The drama with both her family and Cade has really soured her for me as well. Hopefully she continues to do well in music though.

It may have been because one of my friends on IDF at the time was a huge Stefano fan, but I also was pretty fond of Stefano so I'd probably rank him quite a bit higher lol. I will say that I'm much more invested in him post-idol though with the hilarity that is "I'm On a Roll" and he's actually done some really good stuff with Postmodern Jukebox so I'd highly recommend the stuff he's done with them if nothing else.

Karen Rodriguez is someone who I thought was boring on Idol, but like Stefano, some of her post-Idol work is actually quite good! She posts covers at least on her YouTube channel.

And Paige was actually one of my all time favorites for a time lmao. I'm glad that you've got a bit of love for her (even if I'd still probably rank her about 60 placements higher). I mostly just wish Paige released more post-Idol content for me to stan lol. What she has released has been pretty good though at least.

And since they're recent posts, I'll comment on the last set~

I remember liking what I've seen of Jasmine, but I never did reach the trainwreck!Jasmine portion of season 3 so my vision of her is mostly her highlights lol.

Not much to say about Bucky. I don't remember watching any of his performances, but this seems like a solid spot to place him.

Anthony is someone who I've mostly just seen pre-live show footage of, so I'd say I like him and think he's pretty attractive, but I'm also not complaining about this placement.

I recently watched through season 7 and was surprised at how much I liked Jason. I'd probably have swapped him and Brooke in the actual show, especially since Jason pretty much checked out by the end of his run.

Malaya was something of a default favorite of mine during season 13 (ugh, that semifinal format). Malaya is another example of a teen who should've waited a few years imo, because she did have a lot of potential!

- I can see Gianna being a contender with a few more years of experience under her belt. However, as I mentioned in my write-up, her season was billed to be the final season, so I could understand why she decided to audition then.

- Pretty much agree about Gabby.

- He probably could've been ranked higher; however, he still would've been my least favorite finalist from that season. Unfortunately, I won't listen to I'm On A Roll more than I have to. 🤮 I do remember him and Pia doing The Prayer with PJ (They were near me last year. I wanted to go see them, but the show was sold out before I could get tickets 😭), and the reviews were quite polarizing.

- I heard some of Karen's work outside of Idol was good; I may have to check some of it out.

- It's good to see Paige have a fan! I remember her getting a lot of heat for making the Top 12 as well as for her Against All Odds

For the most recent set:

- Pretty much from Top 9 on was when train wreck Jasmine occurred. It's too bad because she had such a promising start

- Fair enough about Bucky

- Fair enough about Anthony

- Pretty much agree about Jason. I would throw Carly in there as well because as mentioned, it was around that time he checked out

- Ugh, tell me about that season's semifinals format. I wouldn't say Malaya was a favorite of mine, but I agree about her having a lot of potential and waiting for a few years

3 hours ago, x3 because of u said:

125. Jasmine Trias - I remember being happy with how far she made it. She was never a top favorite for me but I still enjoyed her voice and personality.

124. Bucky Covington - I don't remember loving his Idol run. However, I've recently rewatched his season and I actually like him more now.

123. Anthony Fedorov - I loved his audition but not everything after. I always thought it was weird he sang the same song as Carrie that one night. haha He made it slightly too far for me.

122. Jason Castro - JASON 😍 Yes, I loved him and yes, I still follow him on social media and he has a gorgeous family. Ugh, such good genes. 🤣 I'm about to rewatch his season. I liked his chill vibe and just the sound of his voice in general but I know he struggled near the end of his run. I was sad to see it end.

121. Malaya Watson - I don't remember much about her but I wasn't a huge fan and thought she made it too far.

125. Fair enough about Jasmine

124. Bucky is someone who tends to grow on people (he certainly did on me)

123. Fair enough about Anthony. I preferred him to Constantine and Scott, so I was happy he outlasted them

122. Nice to see you feel that way about Jason. Yeah, it was unfortunate to see his run end that way, especially with him practically quitting

121. Fair enough about Malaya

3 hours ago, x3 because of u said:
  • Not Prego - Katharine McPhee
  • Opposite of big sour - Justin Guarini
  • Considered to have given the first true train wreck in Idol history - Nikki McKibbin?
  • Not that Big D

2 hours ago, hayden98 said:

Oooh, and for the clues, I'm guessing Casey James, Alyssa Raghu, not sure, Ryan Starr, and not sure :haha: 

Interesting guesses. We'll see if they're right or not. 

1 hour ago, Bk1234 said:

I hope you're not right about "Not Prego." Katharine McPhee is amazing, and she may take the final slot in my Top 10. 

We'll see...

46 minutes ago, CarmenSandiego said:

I seem to remember Simon also telling Jasmine after one of her performances on Disco Night that a packed suitcase and a plane ticket were in her future.  And afterwards, she was crying.  I felt sorry for her, but not enough to vote for her.  But while I doubt that she was crying just to get the sympathy vote, she probably got a lot of votes from people who wanted to stick it to Simon, as well as the Hawaii vote, of course.  I certainly wasn’t happy when she survived and my favorite, LaToya, didn’t, but I didn’t blame Jasmine.

I think that the “Not Prego” clue might refer to Alyssa Raghu, since Prego is a spaghetti sauce and so is Ragu.

The Simon comments about a packed suitcase and plane ticket had to be after Everlasting Love because the other comment about hoping every household in Hawaii having at least 5 phone lines was after It's Raining Men. It's possible about Jasmine getting enough votes due to those factors.

We'll see about your guess...

125. Jasmine Trias - She started off well, then quickly lost steam and picked songs too big for her. 

124. Bucky Covington - I liked him throughout his season somewhat and thought he should've stayed over Ace the week he left, at least. 

123. Anthony Fedorov - His Climb Every Mountain performance was my first peisode of Idol. Before Simon talked, my dad described his performance as "hideous". :haha: I liked the performances of his that you did, but other than that he was horrible. 

122. Jason Castro - Eh I used to like him during his season (Travelin Thru especially) but his downward spiral was pretty rough to watch. I don't like wen contestants give up either. 

121. Malaya Watson - I liked a few performances like Take Me to The King, but overall she was just so  underdeveloped.

1 hour ago, CarmenSandiego said:

Now that I see this, I change my guess to Alyssa. 😅 I've been rewatching Idol so I remembered that Ryan mentioned a rumor about Katharine being pregnant and she denied it.

5 hours ago, ~Tom~ said:

125. Jasmine Trias - She started off well, then quickly lost steam and picked songs too big for her. 

124. Bucky Covington - I liked him throughout his season somewhat and thought he should've stayed over Ace the week he left, at least. 

123. Anthony Fedorov - His Climb Every Mountain performance was my first peisode of Idol. Before Simon talked, my dad described his performance as "hideous". :haha: I liked the performances of his that you did, but other than that he was horrible. 

122. Jason Castro - Eh I used to like him during his season (Travelin Thru especially) but his downward spiral was pretty rough to watch. I don't like wen contestants give up either. 

121. Malaya Watson - I liked a few performances like Take Me to The King, but overall she was just so  underdeveloped.

125. Agreed. It was hard to watch her descend after such a strong start

124. No arguments here, especially given the performance Ace gave that week...

123. 🤣 at your dad calling it hideous before Simon did. I wouldn't say he was horrible, but he wasn't great. I thought he was better than Constantine and Scott at least

122. Yeah, it was rough to watch, especially towards the end

121. Pretty much agree about Malaya

The next set will most likely be up tomorrow evening. I'll start the write-ups tonight.

Posted (edited)

My take on the clues:

• Not Prego- I think this refers to Alyssa Raghu. The sauce brand Prego's main competitor is the brand Ragu (a reference to Alyssa's last name). 
  • Opposite of big sour- I think this refers to Justin Guarini. He began appearing in Dr. Pepper commercials as "Lil' Sweet." "Lil' Sweet" is the opposite of big sour. 
  • Considered to have given the first true train wreck in Idol history- I think this refers to Ryan Starr. She delivered a terrible performance of "You Really Got Me." Not sure if this was the first trainwreck, but that's my guess. 
  • Not that Big D- Big D can refer to divorce or Dallas, Texas. I'm going to assume that this contestant is from Dallas. My guess would be Dalton Rapattoni, but I feel that this is too low for him... 🤔
Edited by Bk1234

Yikes, I got really behind again. I'll catch up now.

140. Ben Briley: He was okay for me.

139. Qaasim Middleton:  Not a favorite, but I found him fun.

138. Olivia Rox: She had potential, but I didn't connect with her as much as I wished I did.

137. Amanda Overmyer: I love S7 so so so much, and she is the only finalist I am not a fan of. But LOL your Cruella comment.

136. Michelle Sussett: She was okay for me.

135. Aaron Kelly: I love him and he was my favorite of the season. ❤️  It was a rough season for me and he's one of the only ones I cared about. I just love his voice.

134. Vanessa Olivarez:  I don't mind her, but she doesn't do much for me.

133. Paul McDonald: Not a fan.

132. Paige Miles: She wasn't among my favorites, but I did like her.

131. Nick Fradiani: I liked him too, but I had much bigger favorites... including Clark, who I love, so that season did not end well for me, lol.

130. Devin Velez: He may have been my favorite guy that season. I like his voice and felt bad he was the one eliminated after that iconic group performance.

129. John Stevens: Crocodile Rock legend :wub:  lol I wasn't a fan, but he is still pretty much an Idol icon. :haha: He did seem like a nice guy and had some good performances. "Whenever I’m not in the best of moods, there are two Idol related videos I know I can watch that will make me feel better: the Archie fangirls melting down after his loss" Oh. 😢  I do remember hearing about the death threats. :( So awful. 

128. Thia Megia: I liked her, especially when she sang ballads. All those performances were really good. ❤️ Interesting you say nobody has ever done "Heat Wave" well, since I enjoyed other performances of it. 😮 

127. Kellie Pickler: I was thinking her for the clue! Aw, I love Kellie and she's one of my favorites. ❤️ I loved her on the show a ton, but she has grown a lot since then and I love her even more now.  Aw, "How Far" was one of my favorites though. 😢 But she did best with uptempo (although she has a lot of great ballads of her own). I love everything about her and am a huge fan of DWTS as well, and was so pleased she won there. ❤️  It's great seeing all her success with everything.

126. Colton Dixon: One of my favorites from S11 and definitely one of my favorite guys. Darn, you really didn't like some of my favorite performances of his. :blushingwave: At least we can agree on "Love the Way You Lie."  But he's another I hear about in his post-show career, which makes me happy, and I like many songs I've heard from him.

125. Jasmine Trias:  I always loved her and she was one of my favorites... I will always have such a soft spot for her, as that was the season I really became obsessed with Idol. ❤️ I feel alone in my opinion with most people around here now, but she did have quite a fanbase on IDF back in the day as well. :broken:  I still enjoy the music she put out following Idol as well.

124. Bucky Covington: I like him well enough, although he's not a favorite. But he's fine and I liked his voice, especially on some songs he sung.

123. Anthony Fedorov: I love him and he was one of my big favorites that season. :wub: I love his voice, personality, and everything. Him and Carrie were cute. ❤️  And I feel like it's a popular opinion that his IYDKMBN was stronger than Carrie's (and I also love Carrie more).

122. Jason Castro: I love him too, although not sure exactly where he ranks for me, since again I love S7 so much.  But I loved his musical style a lot. It's a shame his time on the show ended how it did with him not seeming to care. :(  He's a fun and talented guy though. Oh, and I think you meant to say "I Don't Wanna Cry", rather than "Tonight I Wanna Cry" when referring to his Mariah Carey performance.

121. Malaya Watson: Not a fan, but I did like some of her performances.

I didn't mean to say so much. :lmao: Hopefully I can keep up better going forward.

Not Prego: Alyssa Raghu... referencing pasta sauce

Opposite of big sour:  Justin Guarini here because of his Dr. Pepper commercial character Lil' Sweet

20 minutes ago, Bk1234 said:

My take on the clues:

• Not Prego- I think this refers to Alyssa Raghu. The sauce brand Prego's main competitor is the brand Ragu (a reference to Alyssa's last name). 
  • Opposite of big sour- I think this refers to Justin Guarini. He began appearing in Dr. Pepper commercials as "Lil' Sweet." "Lil' Sweet" is the opposite of big sour. 
  • Considered to have given the first true train wreck in Idol history- I think this refers to Ryan Starr. She delivered a terrible performance of "You Really Got Me." Not sure if this was the first trainwreck, but that's my guess. 
  • Not that Big D

Solid guesses. It'll probably give it away, but I'll append the 4th clue:

• Considered to have given the first true train wreck in the finals in Idol history

15 minutes ago, miss denise said:

Oh, and I think you meant to say "I Don't Wanna Cry", rather than "Tonight I Wanna Cry" when referring to his Mariah Carey performance.

:duh: 

I went ahead and fixed it. :haha: I'll respond to rest of your post later.

I added a response to the clue "Big D." I'll post it down below. 

• Not that Big D- Big D can refer to divorce or Dallas, Texas. I'm going to assume that this contestant is from Dallas. My guess would be Dalton Rapattoni, but I feel that this is too low for him... 🤔

On 6/20/2020 at 9:13 PM, Crisis said:

130. Devin Velez: Season 12 (8th Place)

Also, I remembered he and Nicki feuded over Twitter after his elimination. :haha:

I forgot to quote this and ask what that was about? :haha: It sounds familiar, but I can't remember. 

42 minutes ago, miss denise said:

Yikes, I got really behind again. I'll catch up now.

140. Ben Briley: He was okay for me.

139. Qaasim Middleton:  Not a favorite, but I found him fun.

138. Olivia Rox: She had potential, but I didn't connect with her as much as I wished I did.

137. Amanda Overmyer: I love S7 so so so much, and she is the only finalist I am not a fan of. But LOL your Cruella comment.

136. Michelle Sussett: She was okay for me.

135. Aaron Kelly: I love him and he was my favorite of the season. ❤️  It was a rough season for me and he's one of the only ones I cared about. I just love his voice.

134. Vanessa Olivarez:  I don't mind her, but she doesn't do much for me.

133. Paul McDonald: Not a fan.

132. Paige Miles: She wasn't among my favorites, but I did like her.

131. Nick Fradiani: I liked him too, but I had much bigger favorites... including Clark, who I love, so that season did not end well for me, lol.

130. Devin Velez: He may have been my favorite guy that season. I like his voice and felt bad he was the one eliminated after that iconic group performance.

129. John Stevens: Crocodile Rock legend :wub:  lol I wasn't a fan, but he is still pretty much an Idol icon. :haha: He did seem like a nice guy and had some good performances. "Whenever I’m not in the best of moods, there are two Idol related videos I know I can watch that will make me feel better: the Archie fangirls melting down after his loss" Oh. 😢  I do remember hearing about the death threats. :( So awful. 

128. Thia Megia: I liked her, especially when she sang ballads. All those performances were really good. ❤️ Interesting you say nobody has ever done "Heat Wave" well, since I enjoyed other performances of it. 😮 

127. Kellie Pickler: I was thinking her for the clue! Aw, I love Kellie and she's one of my favorites. ❤️ I loved her on the show a ton, but she has grown a lot since then and I love her even more now.  Aw, "How Far" was one of my favorites though. 😢 But she did best with uptempo (although she has a lot of great ballads of her own). I love everything about her and am a huge fan of DWTS as well, and was so pleased she won there. ❤️  It's great seeing all her success with everything.

126. Colton Dixon: One of my favorites from S11 and definitely one of my favorite guys. Darn, you really didn't like some of my favorite performances of his. :blushingwave: At least we can agree on "Love the Way You Lie."  But he's another I hear about in his post-show career, which makes me happy, and I like many songs I've heard from him.

125. Jasmine Trias:  I always loved her and she was one of my favorites... I will always have such a soft spot for her, as that was the season I really became obsessed with Idol. ❤️ I feel alone in my opinion with most people around here now, but she did have quite a fanbase on IDF back in the day as well. :broken:  I still enjoy the music she put out following Idol as well.

124. Bucky Covington: I like him well enough, although he's not a favorite. But he's fine and I liked his voice, especially on some songs he sung.

123. Anthony Fedorov: I love him and he was one of my big favorites that season. :wub: I love his voice, personality, and everything. Him and Carrie were cute. ❤️  And I feel like it's a popular opinion that his IYDKMBN was stronger than Carrie's (and I also love Carrie more).

122. Jason Castro: I love him too, although not sure exactly where he ranks for me, since again I love S7 so much.  But I loved his musical style a lot. It's a shame his time on the show ended how it did with him not seeming to care. :(  He's a fun and talented guy though. Oh, and I think you meant to say "I Don't Wanna Cry", rather than "Tonight I Wanna Cry" when referring to his Mariah Carey performance.

121. Malaya Watson: Not a fan, but I did like some of her performances.

I didn't mean to say so much. :lmao: Hopefully I can keep up better going forward.

Not Prego: Alyssa Raghu... referencing pasta sauce

Opposite of big sour:  Justin Guarini here because of his Dr. Pepper commercial character Lil' Sweet

It's OK. I had a lot of free time over the weekend, so I posted as many sets as possible. :haha:

140. Fair enough

139. I pretty much feel the same. Not a favorite, but was fun to watch

138. I pretty much agree with this

137. I can see how this is the case. When I first saw her during that performance, that was the first thing that came to mind. :haha:

136. Fair enough

135. Nice to see he was your favorite from that season.

134. Fair enough

133. It's easy to feel away about him :haha:

132. I pretty much feel the same way about her

131. I don't think that season ended well for most people. :haha: Fair to feel that way about Nick

130. I felt bad for him as well when he was the one trying to keep everything on track

129. Yes, Crocodile Rock is indeed legendary. :wub: I feel the same way about him. Uh oh, :stealth: I take it you're a David Archuleta fan (if so, if there's any consolation, he won't be showing up for at least a few sets *spoiler*). The death threats were awful indeed.

128. Nice to see you like her. As for Heat Wave, I've just never enjoyed anyone doing it on the show

127. She did do the best with uptempo numbers. With that said, I've heard a ballad or two from her since her time on Idol, and needless to say she's improved a lot

126. Uh oh, back to back favorites. 😳 It's nice to see you like what you've heard from him post-Idol

125. Geez, these past two sets haven't been too kind to your favorites. Either way, I think I recall how big her fanbase was on here. It's good to see she's still one of your favorites despite this fairly low ranking

124. I pretty much feel the same way about him

123. 💔 He and Carrie did appear to have a cute friendship

122. It is a shame to see his run ended as if he didn't care

121. Fair enough

As for the guesses, all should be revealed when the time comes...

38 minutes ago, miss denise said:

I forgot to quote this and ask what that was about? :haha: It sounds familiar, but I can't remember. 

After his elimination, Devin felt the judges were pushing for a female winner and he didn't take too kindly to Nicki's remarks after the trainwreck. Nicki replied on Twitter by saying he should be more gracious because she fought for him and be upset at America for not voting for him. Devin responded by saying something along the lines of Nicki stooping down to 3rd grade level and that he had songs to write. It was interesting to say the least. :haha: 

22 hours ago, Crisis said:

129. Uh oh, :stealth: I take it you're a David Archuleta fan (if so, if there's any consolation, he won't be showing up for at least a few sets *spoiler*). 

127. She did do the best with uptempo numbers. With that said, I've heard a ballad or two from her since her time on Idol, and needless to say she's improved a lot

As for the guesses, all should be revealed when the time comes...

After his elimination, Devin felt the judges were pushing for a female winner and he didn't take too kindly to Nicki's remarks after the trainwreck. Nicki replied on Twitter by saying he should be more gracious because she fought for him and be upset at America for not voting for him. Devin responded by saying something along the lines of Nicki stooping down to 3rd grade level and that he had songs to write. It was interesting to say the least. :haha: 

- Well, the last time I did an Idol list David was my #1, so you could say I'm a fan. :lmao: I never loved an Idol more. I sure hope it's more than a few sets. :blushingwave: 

- My favorite ballad of hers is "I Wonder." ❤️ I'm guessing you may have heard that one. 

I was feeling all clever until I saw other people made the same guesses. :haha:  

Ooooo.... I think everyone felt they were pushing for a female winner, so interesting that's what started this all. I can't remember what Nicki said to him following the performance. But LOL his final comments. Okay then. :dead:  Thanks for the recap, haha.

Posted (edited)
57 minutes ago, miss denise said:

- Well, the last time I did an Idol list David was my #1, so you could say I'm a fan. :lmao: I never loved an Idol more. I sure hope it's more than a few sets. :blushingwave: 

- My favorite ballad of hers is "I Wonder." ❤️ I'm guessing you may have heard that one. 

Ooooo.... I think everyone felt they were pushing for a female winner, so interesting that's what started this all. I can't remember what Nicki said to him following the performance. But LOL his final comments. Okay then. :dead:  Thanks for the recap, haha.

I love David Archuleta too! I hope it's a LOT more than a few sets. 🤞 (Spoiler- He's one of my Top 9!) 

Edited by Bk1234
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, Bk1234 said:

I love David Archuleta too! I hope it's a LOT more than a few sets. 🤞 (Spoiler- He's one of my Top 9!) 

:wub: :archgosh::wub: 

Always here for Archie love! ❤️ Have you heard his new album? 😄 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, miss denise said:

:wub: :archgosh::wub: 

Always here for Archie love! ❤️ Have you heard his new album? 😄 

Yes, I have heard some of it. His voice gives me chills every time! 😍

• Like 1

Just now, Bk1234 said:

Yes, I have heard some of it. His voice gives me chills every time! 😍

It's really good. And same!  ❤️ 

1 hour ago, miss denise said:

- We'll see where he eventually ends up. It's good to see you're still a huge fan of his

- Yeah. The first time I heard it was during the S6 Top 16 Results Show. I mainly remember the exchange between her and Ryan. 😆

After the performance, Nicki said something along the lines of she was going to pretend she didn't see that and told all three of them to get off the stage. Yeah, his final comments were something else. :haha: He deleted that tweet not too long after posting it, but the Internet never forgets. :haha:

I just wrapped up the write-ups for the new set. They shall appear in my next post. 👍

120. Caleb Lee Hutchinson: Season 16 (2nd Place)

41c982bdd02d1642840bd47379c4f95b.jpg

Leading off the set is the first runner up to appear in the list. Caleb was the season’s country heartthrob. He must’ve researched whatever diet Burnell went on because similar to Burnell, he was a lot slimmer on the show than he was at his audition. In addition, he appeared to be this likable and funny guy (his Lionel Richie impersonation during the finale was hilarious and spot on). As for his voice, he had this deep, rich tone that made it perfect for traditional country music. The problem with Caleb is he appeared to be on cruise control during his time on Idol. It obviously worked for him, as he made it all the way to second place; however, it doesn’t make him the most compelling contestant. The only time he really did anything that wasn’t the usual was his countrified take on When Doves Cry. It was easily my favorite performance of his. Outside of WDC, I liked You’ve Got A Friend In Me; it was a nice and charming performance despite the song choice being completely predictable. Finally, I dug Folsom Prison Blues during the finale. Everything else, however, was steady if not exciting. The only other performance I can remember was his coronation song Johnny Cash Heart, if only for the timing miscue at the beginning. It was thought Caleb was going to coast his way to the crown, which would mean yet another WGWG winner. However, or fortunately depending on one’s point of view, that wasn’t the case. In some ways, Caleb still won; he managed to land a cutie like Maddie as a girlfriend after all. I liked that their relationship wasn’t revealed until the end, unlike when the show shoved Cade and Gabby down our throats throughout the season. I also liked how Caleb pretty much shut down Ryan’s attempt at suggesting Cade and Gabby accompany he and Maddie to Hawaii by saying they were taking their parents instead. I don’t know if the two are still together; I haven’t really kept track of them. Regardless, Caleb is someone who while not the most creative or exciting contestant, knew his lane and navigated it very well.

Clue: Not that Big D (Big D is the nickname for Dallas, TX. Caleb's hometown is Dallas, GA; hence, it was referencing a different Dallas city. This is the one clue that appeared to have stumped everyone :haha:)

119. Casey James: Season 9 (3rd Place)

image-asset.jpeg

Casey was a contestant who had this country/blues/rock vibe about him. In addition, he was a very talented guitarist; in some circles, he is considered to be the best guitarist to ever set foot on the Idol stage. However, the main thing he’s probably remembered for was taking off his shirt at the request of Kara and Victoria Beckham at his audition and Kara practically drooling over him throughout the season. 😆 With that said, while I did like Casey for the most part, he was someone who I wanted to be better than he was. Though he made it all the way to 3rd place, I can’t help but feel let down by his run. I’m probably off; however, I have a feeling he was too laid back and didn’t care if he won the Idol crown or not. With the exception of a couple of performances, I felt he held back quite a bit. In addition to this, he had a bit of a goat throat going on, though it wasn’t anywhere near as bad as Carmen’s. With all of that said, the performances of his I enjoyed the most were Hold On, I’m Comin’, Don’t, and especially Jealous Guy, which I thought was easily his best. I’ve liked a few of his other performances such as You’ll Think Of Me and It’s All Over Now. However, he also had his fair share of bad performances which include Don’t Stop, Blue Skies, and both of his Top 3 showings. Post-Idol, I did hear his single Crying On A Suitcase and I remembered liking it. I also remember he and Kat singing I Need You Now in the acoustic medley during the S15 Grand Finale. For a second I thought Constantine managed to slither his way into another set and was prepared to throw something at my screen; fortunately, it was Casey instead. 😂 From what I understand, he’s still making music as an independent artist, so good for him on that front.

Clue: Thanks to this finalist, Kara really needed a beverage :haha: (referencing how thirsty Kara appeared to be over him. @hayden98 got this one right 👍)

118. Justin Guarini: Season 1 (2nd Place)

MBH74DAAJVCGFDDVPI3OEMQKNE.jpg

It's been quite a while since a S1 finalist was ranked. Not anymore. Now appearing is the original runner up, as well as the second one in this set. Justin was considered to be the season’s heartthrob. However, to me he was for the most part a cheeseball. With that said, he didn’t have a bad voice and there was a certain presence about him. He was confident and knew how to work the stage and crowd most of the time. He started off by singing Ribbon In The Sky in the semis, and personally I wasn’t too impressed with it. I actually preferred Gil Sinuet’s version over his. The voters liked it enough to advance him to the finals, where he performed For Once In My Life during the Top 10. The following week, he sang Sunny, for which he didn’t receive any positive reviews from the judges for the first time. The most memorable part during the exchange was when Justin said he respected Simon’s opinion but asked what the audience thought of his performance. For some, it may have come off as cocky and it may have showed that Justin did not take negative criticism well. He apologized for it the following night and was safe, but the damage may have been done. He landed in the B2 the following week after his performance of Someday We’ll All Be Free, which was one of his weakest performances. He rebounded the following week with Route 66. It was a fine performance; however, it was overshadowed by what is often considered one of the best, if not the best, performances in Idol history. Fast forward two weeks where he gave what are considered to be his best and worst performances of the season. Get Here was a strong showing; however, P.Y.T. (Pretty Young Thing) was just an abomination. The bad singing and cheesy dancing were absolutely cringeworthy. An argument could be made that he should've been in the B2 that week if not eliminated. Regardless, Justin had an OK showing during the Top 3 the following week and eventually made it to the finals where he was pretty much no match for Kelly. The coronation songs, especially A Moment Like This suited Kelly better. Justin gave it a valiant effort, but it wasn’t enough as he finished in second place. After Idol, I know he released a couple of albums and did a few Broadway shows. Of course, I have to mention the film masterpiece that was “From Justin to Kelly”. 🤭 Another thing I remember was him coming back the following season and singing Unchained Melody during the Top 3 results show. It was kind of a letdown, especially after hearing Clay sing it the night before. Finally, there’s him playing Lil’ Sweet in the Diet Dr. Pepper commercials. Some were hilarious, others were corny. Nonetheless, while he may have been a ham, Justin was a charismatic contestant.

Clue: Opposite of big sour (Lil Sweet of course)

117. Ryan Starr: Season 1 (7th Place)

e83ae2ca2a089f789e2e3190d4f3dc1b.jpg

Sauntering her way into the ranking is Tiffany Montgomery, aka Ryan Starr. Ryan is probably better known for her good looks and skimpy outfits than her singing. In a season where just about everyone was showing skin, including the guys, Ryan definitely showed more than most. As for her singing, her song choices were all over the place, which confused the judges who wanted to know what type of artist she wanted to be. With that said, she had a moment or two on the show. She started off her run in the semis with Frim Fram Sauce, a completely out of the box song choice. It was easily her best performance of the competition. From there, she was voted into the finals, where in the Top 10 she gave an OK performance of If You Really Love Me. However, it was the following week where Ryan gave her most infamous performance: You Really Got Me. It was truly a sight to behold. Not a single note was in tune, plus she looked as if she was going through the motions and not caring about the performance at all. Finally, it was the last performance of the evening; what a way to close the show! She definitely gave the audience something to remember. :haha: She managed to survive to next week where she performed Last Dance (an ominous title if there ever was one). It was certainly better than YRGM, but it was still as if she was just going through the motions; at least she looked hot during it. She was eventually eliminated the following night. I pretty much expected it (though I was secretly rooting for Justin to leave). Supposedly she deliberately performed badly towards the end of her run because she was trying to get eliminated. Post-Idol I know she released a single called My Religion which I recall did pretty well on iTunes. Other than that, she did some acting in movies and commercials. However, the main thing she may be remembered for post-Idol was starring in The Surreal Life. I never watched the show, but I heard some things about her; unfortunately, most of them weren’t good. Anyway, while not the best contestant, Ryan was someone I didn’t mind ogling watching.

Clue: Considered to have given the first true train wreck in the finals Idol history (the original clue didn't have the finals in it, so I added it. I forgot there were a few trainwrecks in the semis; the most memorable one was probably Rodesia Evan's Daydream Believer)

116. Alyssa Raghu: Season 17 (7th/8th Place)

2019_Performers_Alyssa%20Raghu.jpeg

Hope everyone brought their pasta bowls because it’s time for some sauce to be poured into this ranking! Alyssa was this young bubbly girl who we were first introduced to in S16. She made it to the Top 24 where she sang Stay for her solo and Yellow as a duet with Banners. Unfortunately, she wasn’t picked for the Top 14 then. The main knock on her was her lack of stage presence and experience. I guess she took that to heart because she came back the following season, stating she has performed a few gigs and she felt her stage presence had improved. She tried to show this with her Top 20 performance of Ain’t It Fun. For me, although it was a valiant effort, it felt like she was trying too hard. Nonetheless, after her duet with Julia Michaels, she made the Top 14 this time around. There, she went back to her ballad lane with She Used To Be Mine. It was my favorite of hers because I felt she was right in her element. However, it wasn’t enough for her to be one of the Top 7 vote getters; therefore, she had to sing in the Wildcard Round. Considering how much the judges were invested in her, unless she imploded in a spectacular way there was no chance Alyssa wasn’t going to be a WC pick. Her picking a Katy Perry song and singing it fine enough certainly helped. She sang Colors Of The Wind the following week, which was OK. The subsequent week she sang Somebody To Love which while not bad vocally, the presentation was awkward, especially the air guitar. With that said, I was amused at her stalling for time so she could try to get more votes since she was the final performer of the evening, and Idol was doing the Coast to Coast voting. Unfortunately for Alyssa, it was all for naught as she was eliminated alongside Walker that night. It was pretty much a given considering she was a WC pick and WC picks have lasted two weeks at most during the ABC reboot. Though I’ve said I felt she tried too hard at times, I did she some improvement and I liked seeing her determination in trying to get better. Overall, Alyssa was the sauce that had a good base, but needed more seasoning.

Clue: Not Prego (Prego and Ragu are spaghetti sauces. If not Prego, then more than likely it's Ragu, which is a play on Alyssa's last name)

120. Caleb Lee Hutchinson

119. Casey James

118. Justin Guarini

117. Ryan Starr

116. Alyssa Raghu

4/5 were guessed correctly. We'll see how everyone does with the next set:

• Those darn stairs!
  • No second chance for you!
  • Lois Lane
  • The OC, The Vampire Diaries, Zoey 101
  • Member of a boyband prior to Idol

Posted (edited)

Wondering if the stairs one is about Haley? Since she tripped going up them during "What is and What Should Never Be". Or was it down them? I blocked it out. lmao  :? 

Edited by KelseyW

Posted (edited)

My Opinions:

120. Caleb Lee Hutchinson- I found him very boring in S16. I'm usually not a fan of the slow, deep-voiced country singers (with the exception of Scotty), and Caleb was just that. He was my pick NOT to win the title! 😂

119. Casey James- No comment. 

118. Justin Guarini- Who actually thought he would win over Kelly? After hearing what you said, I can't believe he made it to the finale! 😂

117. Ryan Starr- America must have been voting for something else since she made it through after that trainwreck. 

116. Alyssa Raghu- I really liked her during S17 (not as much as Ashley Hess, who didn't make the finals 😡). I didn't love anyone from S17 though (except maybe Ashley Hess), so she's not in my Top 9. I wish the wildcard picks would go farther though... Maybe ABC's quickened pace hurts their chances of going farther? 🤔

Edited by Bk1234

1 hour ago, Bk1234 said:

My Opinions:

120. Caleb Lee Hutchinson- I found him very boring in S16. I'm usually not a fan of the slow, deep-voiced country singers (with the exception of Scotty), and Caleb was just that. He was my pick NOT to win the title! 😂

119. Casey James- No comment. 

118. Justin Guarini- Who actually thought he would win over Kelly? After hearing what you said, I can't believe he made it to the finale! 😂

117. Ryan Starr- America must have been voting for something else since she made it through after that trainwreck. 

116. Alyssa Raghu- I really liked her during S17 (not as much as Ashley Hess, who didn't make the finals 😡). I didn't love anyone from S17 though (except maybe Ashley Hess), so she's not in my Top 9. I wish the wildcard picks would go farther though... Maybe ABC's quickened pace hurts their chances of going farther? 🤔

Yeah …. STILL shaking my head, regarding Ashley Hess. Urggghhh.  She's my 3rd fav Idol contestant, ever. Her audition video has over 3.5 MILLION views, and there are new comments practically every day. 

Regarding the rankings …. I pretty much agree with Crisis, but I might have had Alyssa a little higher. Love her vocal tone

As far as I'm aware, Caleb and Maddie are still together. ;) I don't remember ever being a huge fan of Caleb's, but he was always someone I rooted for as I really loved his personality. 

I think I'd like Casey James more during a rewatch, but I remember just not being into him during his time on the show. I'm glad that he still seems to be making music though!

Our opinions on Justin seem to be pretty identical lol.

lmao Ryan ❤️ I appreciate how different she was compared to most of the other contestants of Season 1. I wanna say the self-sabotage rumors are true??? Also, Rodesia :wub: Her performance was a trainwreck, but I really loved her voice anyway.

Alyssa was someone that I remember liking always, but wasn't crazy about. Her voice is quite amazing tbh, but I think she falls into the category of "auditioned too soon" - twice! Huge kudos to her being the first repeat semifinalist (and improving on top of that). I'm looking forward to what Alyssa does in the future; she's released at least one single thus far, and it's pretty catchy imo.

For the clues.... I'm pretty sure Lisa Tucker is one of them. The only people I can think of for the stairs clue are Lauren Alaina and Haley Reinhart, but it feels pretty early for either of them (totally not just based on my bias for them lol).

2 hours ago, Bk1234 said:

Totally agree though! I really find that type of his voice to be boring, but his season for me is a bit lackluster so yeah not surprised he made it to the Finale. Glad that Maddie won though, she's way more interesting than Caleb.

52 minutes ago, psterina said:

but I might have had Alyssa a little higher. Love her vocal tone

Agree too! I totally love that gorgeous tone of Alyssa, especially when she auditioned back in Season 16 singing Almost Is Never Enough (ugh can't get enough of that performance). However on Season 17, it's just sad though that because of the comments of others, she totally changed her style and how she performs (shows how quickly others can affect you), it's good though that she tried to work the stage a little more, but she tried WAY TOO HARD, but yeah I would've ranked her higher, for me, but Crisis' opinions were understandable