If Just Sam won AI, why isn't there any AA woman winning TV yet?

Posted (edited)

Well if Todd wasn't on this season she would have been the first AA woman to win. 😭

TPTB clearly wanted Tstorm but Todd and Toneisha got more votes than him.

Edited by Maxwell
  • Sad 1
  • Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

BUY SAM'S SINGLE ON iTUNES!!!! 🤩❤️

HTG, I’m less shocked about the fact that she’s an AA Female, than the fact that she has visible neck tattoos. Meanwhile, Lauren Duski was considered subversive because she had a tiny nose ring.

I'm gonna leave this here - while it's still not a win, coming in second (in a season where TPTB had a clear TCO in T-storm) is nothing to sneeze at.

23 minutes ago, Maxwell said:

Well if Todd wasn't on this season she would have been the first AA woman to win. 😭

I like Todd well  enough , but if he was on season 16 or earlier, and there were no drastic changes to the top 17, Toneisha  could’ve  been an amazing winner. :(

• Like 1
Posted (edited)
35 minutes ago, Maxwell said:

What kind of faulty logic is this? If Todd wasn't on this season, I'm sure the audience would have found someone else to give the title to. In fact, the whole course of the season probably would have been different.

Edited by joe14
Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, joe14 said:

What kind of faulty logic is this? If Todd wasn't on this season, I'm sure the audience would have found another white male to give the title to. In fact, the whole course of the season probably would have been different.

Cam Spinks? 

Edited by Maxwell
28 minutes ago, Maxwell said:

We don't know how close Toneisha and Tstorm were in votes. If Toneisha was the only one preventing the TCO from winning, TPTB might try to bus her.

2 minutes ago, Maxwell said:

Cam Spinks? 

A lot of other possibilities could have happened. It is not as simple as Toneisha just winning. That's like saying Micah would have won if Todd, Toneisha, Thunderstorm, and CamWess weren't in the competition.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, joe14 said:

A lot of other possibilities could have happened. It is not as simple as Toneisha just winning. That's like saying Micah would have won if Todd, Toneisha, Thunderstorm, and CamWess weren't in the competition.

Sadly

Posted (edited)
22 hours ago, mercfan3 said:

Chevel grew a lot, but Kennedy was amazing. (And way underrated on this board)

Beyond that, she's an adorable talented little girl. If Chevel goes with JHud, and Kennedy goes with Blake - Kennedy wins. 

You can speculate all you want, but we just don’t know that. For starters, Chevel was getting an enormous level of support from New Mexico, to the point where she might be the most recognizable person in the state. Rarely does anything newsworthy happen there, and this was their Super Bowl. They weren’t voting for a coach. Kennedy wasn’t getting much backing from Missouri. Neither was Joanna, this season. They apparently don’t care about The Voice. It’s all moot anyway, because Chevel obviously wouldn’t have chosen JHud over any of the other coaches. Choosing Kelly over Blake was actually somewhat of a surprise. 

EDIT: As for the local support angle, Kennedy couldn’t beat Wisconsin either. If it weren’t for that local support, I don’t see Chris making the finale over her, let alone finishing as runner up. Kirk is from Alabama, so it was probably a factor for him, as well. 

Edited by TeamAudra
1 hour ago, TeamAudra said:

You can speculate all you want, but we just don’t know that. For starters, Chevel was getting an enormous level of support from New Mexico, to the point where she might be the most recognizable person in the state. Rarely does anything newsworthy happen there, and this was their Super Bowl. They weren’t voting for a coach. Kennedy wasn’t getting much backing from Missouri. Neither was Joanna, this season. They apparently don’t care about The Voice. It’s all moot anyway, because Chevel obviously wouldn’t have chosen JHud over any of the other coaches. Choosing Kelly over Blake was actually somewhat of a surprise. 

EDIT: As for the local support angle, Kennedy couldn’t beat Wisconsin either. If it weren’t for that local support, I don’t see Chris making the finale over her, let alone finishing as runner up. Kirk is from Alabama, so it was probably a factor for him, as well. 

Obviously it's all speculation. 

But I do think there are some obvious patterns to help a contestants success. Local support is obviously a huge one, but Team Blake support....(I think  Kelly is not someone who gets a boost from viewers, but I also think that she's a coach that doesn't hurt her contestants. I think JHud, Adam at the end, Xtina etc..can and have hurt their contestants..) 

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, mercfan3 said:

Obviously it's all speculation. 

But I do think there are some obvious patterns to help a contestants success. Local support is obviously a huge one, but Team Blake support....(I think  Kelly is not someone who gets a boost from viewers, but I also think that she's a coach that doesn't hurt her contestants. I think JHud, Adam at the end, Xtina etc..can and have hurt their contestants..) 

Pimping is obviously a factor for contestant success on this show too, and while Chevel was treated fairly, there were at least 5 contestants who were more pimped, including two of the finalists. I mean.... we could do this all day long...if (insert winner here) had chosen the worst coach, maybe they wouldn’t have won. What else is new? :P 

Edited by TeamAudra
Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, TeamAudra said:

Pimping is obviously a factor for contestant success on this show too, and while Chevel was treated fairly, there were at least 5 contestants who were more pimped, including two of the finalists. I mean.... we could do this all day long...if (insert winner here) had chosen the worst coach, maybe they wouldn’t have won. What else is new? :P 

But that was my point from the get go, with Kennedy being a prime example. I didn't even remember that Chevel was on the same season as Kennedy..I just know that an adorable and talented little girl that gets heavily promoted on Team Blake is tough to beat. 

AA women who the show invests in don't pick Blake. 

Blake can win with demographics that don't typically perform well. Contestants like Chloe and Cassadee Pope (edgy and very attractive female pop rock singers in their 20s) don't win on any team. 

And I think it's beyond people just liking Blake..Blake understands what people like. 

Edited by mercfan3

Just Sam is way better and has the better back story. If they wanted a woman to win, then Joanna should have gone through. Thunderstorm and Cammwess split the african american vote, Toniesha never had a chance.

10 hours ago, wgm said:

Just Sam is way better and has the better back story. If they wanted a woman to win, then Joanna should have gone through. Thunderstorm and Cammwess split the african american vote, Toniesha never had a chance.

I don't know but for me, Just Sam is just an average AA singer. And her song choices in the finale is meh. 

For me,

Just Sam (Stronger) <<<<< Toneisha (Faithfully)

No hate but I think she just won AI this season because of her backstory 😬

• Confused 1
20 hours ago, wgm said:

i honestly don't think Thunderstorm and CammWess being in the finale made it harder for Toneisha. there isn't really an "African-American" vote the same way there's a country vote.

• Like 1
13 hours ago, FloorWax said:

i honestly don't think Thunderstorm and CammWess being in the finale made it harder for Toneisha. there isn't really an "African-American" vote the same way there's a country vote.

Not to mention they're very different sound-wise: Toneisha's power-pop/rock/soul with a dash of gospel too, Camm's more R&B/bluesy-pop with a pinch of singer-songwriter, and Thunderstorm is primarily singer-songwriter with folk/jazz as his secondary influences. 

• Like 1