American Idol Season 19 Spoilers - Presented By The Idol Pad

Idol Maniac

5 minutes ago, idol_angst said:

Sorry if this has been answered somewhere obvious, but what is the finale format? Are there two episodes left? One? I'm so confused lol.

Two episodes 

Top 5 (but probably top 4 now) ---> top 3 (finale). Not sure how many songs they are singing though.

• Like 1

Just now, joe14 said:

Two episodes 

Top 5 (but probably top 4 now) ---> top 3 (finale). Not sure how many songs they are singing though.

Thanks! I was confused by the winners singles being this week. 

8 minutes ago, QueenMae16 said:

We are now down to the frontrunners. Who will get cut? I predict Casey tbh, but maybe shockingly Grace.

Not sure how Grace would be shocking, but not Casey. Not that it means anything, but Casey has been called safe near the beginning (either first or second) every week. For what it's worth, I don't think any elimination at this point would be shocking. There's only four left so someone has to go. I would just take it as the fourth person didn't have enough votes.

Honestly you could flip a coin. These were the people I predicted to make it this far at the beginning so the season has been fairly predictable. I have no real idea where they are ranking in votes. One of them could be lagging behind for all we know. There's no clear frontrunner yet no clear straggler either. Just Sam won and I don't think she was on anyone's radar leading up to the finale and on finale night. 

If I had a gun to my head, probably Chayce based on the numbers but he might have a hidden base. 

1 hour ago, idol_angst said:

Sorry if this has been answered somewhere obvious, but what is the finale format? Are there two episodes left? One? I'm so confused lol.

Two episodes left.

The finale will be a live voting finale like S17’s was.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, QueenMae16 said:

We are now down to the frontrunners. Who will get cut? I predict Casey tbh, but maybe shockingly Grace.

It really could be anybody (although I doubt that Willie is going to be cut).  But if I had to guess ... Chayce.

i think that Chayce will pick up Caleb's fans. i'm putting all of my votes on Grace and see what happens. I love everyone.

Grace just did livestream on her IG account, saying she will sing 4 songs this week, one by Kelly Clarkson, one by Finneas, one by Demi Lovato and little bit of her original song. Now I wonder what is that Demi Lovato song? Will it be group song?

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Laine Hardy is going to be performing his new single on American Idol next week. Also, during the American Idol finale this season Luke Combs, Macklemore, Fall Out Boyand Fleetwood Mac’s Lindsey Buckingham will hit the stage for special performances, along with Chaka Khan, American Idol alum Mickey Guyton, X Factor UK alum Leona Lewis, Alessia Cara, and Sheryl Crow. Additionally, Idol judges Katy Perry, Luke Bryan and Lionel Richie will also hit the stage. It’s possible that Lindsey Buckingham or Luke Combs will be performing with Chayce Beckham.

Edited by mrsvaledictorian2017

The order on instagram is Chayce -- Casey -- Willie -- Grace so if they go in the reverse like last week, then

1. Grace

2. Willie

3. Casey 

4. Chayce 

???

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, m1key said:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CO8vRLWLhoy/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Casey posted further confirmation of the 4th round of tonight's episode. Sounds like it could be reprise songs? Grace said shes doing Demi and she sang "Father" in the Showstoppers, and Casey said shes doing a song that she did "way back" (hopefully My Funny Valentine).

they're doing 4 songs tonight??

the finale performances are announced:

https://www.billboard.com/articles/news/idol-worship/9575646/american-idol-2021-finale-song-list/

Grace:

• I Have Nothing - Whitney Houston

• (You Make Me Feel Like) A Natural Woman - Aretha Franklin

• All By Myself - Celine Dione

Chayce:

• Fire Away - Chris Stapleton

• Afterglow - Ed Sheeran

• Blackbird - The Beatles

Willie:

• A Change Is Going to Come - Sam Cooke

• Stand Up - Cynthia Erivo

• Georgia On My Mind - Ray Charles

Guest Performances:

• Fall Out Boy – “My Songs Know What You Did In The Dark (Light Em Up)" with Spence, Deshawn Goncalves, Beckham, Arthur Gunn and Hunter Metts

• Chaka Khan – Medley of “I’m Every Woman," “Ain’t Nobody," “Sweet Thing” and “Through the Fire” with Goncalves, Casey Bishop, Alyssa Wray, Cassandra Coleman and Kinstler

• Macklemore – “Can't Hold Us” with the top three

• Luke Combs – “Forever After All” with Beckham

• Mickey Guyton – “Black Like Me" with Wray

• Leona Lewis – “You Are the Reason” with Spence

• Alessia Cara – “Scars to Your Beautiful” with Kinstler

• Sheryl Crow – “Every Day Is a Winding Road" and "If It Makes You Happy" with arthur Gunn

• Lindsey Buckingham – “Go Your Own Way” with cassie Coleman

Casey gets screwed doesnt even get her own duet.

I dont think those choices will work for Grace. They are very Idol circa 2004. I dont think the audience is on board with that anymore.

• Like 1