American Idol Season 19 Spoilers - Presented By The Idol Pad

Idol Maniac

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, 1234567890 said:

Ironic, When We We’re Young and Simple Man are odd Mother’s Day choices though. :dead:

Oprah Winfrey GIF

Not sure how When We Were Young is an odd choice.

Simple Man is literally a song about a mother talking to her son lol. Cade sang it a couple seasons back.

I agree about Ironic though.

I don't think mother day songs have to be that "on the nose." It becomes too corny when this happens.

Edited by joe14

45 minutes ago, joe14 said:

Not sure how When We Were Young is an odd choice.

Simple Man is literally a song about a mother talking to her son lol. Cade sang it a couple seasons back.

When We Were Young is about reminiscing about an old love/flame so it could be considered an odd choice. :giggle:

I must be thinking about a different song in regards to Simple Man. :dead:

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, 1234567890 said:

Ironic, When We We’re Young and Simple Man are odd Mother’s Day choices though. :dead:

"I'm singing [Ironic / When We Were Young / Simple Man] as my mother's day dedication because it's [one of] my mom's favourite song(s)."

Edited by Elliott
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, 1234567890 said:

I must be thinking about a different song in regards to Simple Man. :dead:

Mama told me when I was young
"Come sit beside me, my only son
And listen closely to what I say
And if you do this it'll help you some sunny day"

It's one of my favourite songs (and my favourite performance from my two favourite Idol contestants), so of course Arthur is singing it. :closedeyes:

• Haha 1

53 minutes ago, Elliott said:

Mama told me when I was young
"Come sit beside me, my only son
And listen closely to what I say
And if you do this it'll help you some sunny day"

It's one of my favourite songs (and my favourite performance from my two favourite Idol contestants), so of course Arthur is singing it. :closedeyes:

tbf, i think he'd do well with it. i'll probably still prefer megan danielle's version from the voice though ^_^

The order on the latest instagram post could potentially be the order of performances

1. Hunter

2. Grace

3. Arthur

4. Caleb

5. Willie

6. Chayce

7. Casey

6 minutes ago, joe14 said:

The order on the latest instagram post could potentially be the order of performances

7. Casey

(assuming Ironic is the pimp spot)

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Elliott said:

(assuming Ironic is the pimp spot)

We need it there because it's not a vote-getter imo. We need people to vote based on previous performances lmao. Yeah Coldplay first and mother's day is second

But idk...it seems plausible. Hunter, Grace, and Arthur were the last to perform last week. It would be Hunter's first time opening. Grace has already opened. The rest sort of make sense. Between the other four, Casey has gone the longest without closing and I don't think anyone is going "hmmm let's put Caleb last" lmao.

Edited by joe14

Just now, joe14 said:

We need it there because it's not a vote-getter imo.

It's the most successful single from the second best-selling (non-soundtrack) album by a female artist of all time...

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Elliott said:

It's the most successful single from the second best-selling (non-soundtrack) album by a female artist of all time...

Idk hopefully you are right! Everyone is singing emotional songs (expecting a few tears) and she's singing that. I'm just nervous lol. I hope she nails it. 

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, joe14 said:

We need it there because it's not a vote-getter imo. We need people to vote based on previous performances lmao. Yeah Coldplay first and mother's day is second

But idk...it seems plausible. Hunter, Grace, and Arthur were the last to perform last week. It would be Hunter's first time opening. Grace has already opened. The rest sort of make sense. Between the other four, Casey has gone the longest without closing and I don't think anyone is going "hmmm let's put Caleb last" lmao.

makes sense casey would be closing too considering that they want viewers to stick around, and casey is pretty popular (at least as far as i can see)

1 hour ago, QueenCami said:

makes sense casey would be closing too considering that they want viewers to stick around, and casey is pretty popular (at least as far as i can see)

They went the opposite direction lmao.

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Stacey. said:

Lmaooo wtf is this? I'm so down for this if Hunter comes back!!! 🤞

I don’t think they are going to bring Hunter back at this point. With the COVID restrictions/protocols, it’s just too risky and dangerous and I’m sure the show still wants to do everything it can to keep everyone safe. If anything and if they disqualify Caleb, they might do what they have done in the past when dealing with disqualified contestants. This being that the contestants survive an extra week and then two are eliminated the following week. So this would mean that the finale would be Top 2 instead of Top 3.

Edited by mrsvaledictorian2017