The Challenge: Reality Royalty Rankdown (CHAMPION ON PAGE 169!)

JC

IBIS NIEVES

tumblr_mw6l0b1CGr1riot1qo1_500.jpg

SCOREBOARD |13|

RANKINGS

@QueenKalie :: 18

@1234567890 :: DQ

@*Wallace :: DQ

@Alex95 :: DQ

Public :: DQ [24]

Ibis barely scraped by Syrus and ended up with just one more point! Again, thanks to QK! He determined their fates as their only ranker, and he liked Ibis just slightly more than Syrus which gave her an extra spot. I remember her, but funny enough, I did not remember that she was on the same Road Rules season as Jodi, Kina, and Derrick. I can not really remember her on The Challenge either but she definitely has not been back in awhile. I did see that she is working as a producer and behind the scenes kind of role on some unknown shows. Ibis was on three seasons and actually won one of her seasons on The Gauntlet II with the rookies team. For some reason, I thought she was a weak competitor, but apparently she is not that terrible based on her track record. I would say I was also surprised she made this final ranking, but with the same kind of status as Syrus probably. No one hated her and no one saw her as a threat so she slid under the radar into the final ranking. And just like Syrus, no one likes her enough to fight for her win, so she becomes the second one eliminated from the Dirty 30. And again, her only ranker did not give her a write-up but the three who disqualified her did. :giggle:

On 2/24/2021 at 11:20 AM, 1234567890 said:

ibis-nieves-photo-u1?fit=crop&fm=pjpg&q=60&w=375&dpr=2

I recognize the name and the face, but when I did a Google search I remember exactly who she is. She was on the Road Rules: X-Treme with Derrick, Jodi and Kina. She isn't an icon of the series imo so she can get disqualified for all I care. :dead:

On 2/15/2021 at 9:10 PM, *Wallace said:

16084aa12c81d2352.jpg

I feel like I remember Ibis name but I don’t really remember her that well. Not sure if I’ve seen her seasons, so it’s an easy decision placing her in my Bottom 10. It is really good she was able to win The Gauntlet 2 though.

On 2/8/2021 at 4:03 PM, Alex95 said:

Aww, sweet Ibis. I'm shocked to see her here, but I assume it's really just because she snuck between the cracks. We all had more targets that Ibis just didn't show up on our radars. I'm assuming she'll place rather low just because I doubt there's much passion behind her. I almost ranked her just because I felt bad, but I like everyone else I did rank more than her so I just couldn't justify making room for her. Ibis got her MTV debut on Road Rules X-Treme with fellow finalists Derrick and Jillian. She made her way over to The Challenge and her first season was Battle of the Sexes 2 where she had a lot of potential! She helped lead the rookie revolution which took out a few legends such as Rachel, Katie, Aneesa, and Veronica. Unfortunately the girls team kept on losing so her time was up soon after. She did come back for Gauntlet 2 and was a member of the rookies team. She was a pretty UTR presence and just sat back as the entire Cara & Susie vs. Kina war went on. She was underestimated by her team, but then single-handedly won the entire thing for them because she dominated the eating challenge. The Gauntlet 2 final was planned terribly so literally the entire thing came down to the eating challenge :dead:. Good for Ibis! That seemed like the last we'd see of her, but then she randomly returned years and years later for The Ruins. What an incredibly random choice to come back, but I guess they needed some female champs. She kinda sucked up to Kenny & Evan and it was working, until the numbers started to dwindle and Veronica flipped the vote against her, blindsiding everyone in the process, in one of Veronica's most crowning moments. Ibis had to go into elimination against Kimberly and lost. It was cool seeing her again after all these years, but she only existed as a tool for Veronica to use and discard for her own survival. Maybe she'll pop up again on a second OG season but this does seem like the last we've seen of Ibis. Sweet girl who hasn't done anything objectionable on the show, but she doesn't really need a high ranking in this game.

@Deeee@*Lily@*Chris@Steven_@goofycilla90@*Diana 

Challenge_season_30_logo.jpg

Edited by JC

• JC changed the title to The Challenge: Reality Royalty Rankdown (Dirty 30 Final Ranking: #29 Posted!)

LOL QK being the highest ranker and not doing a write-up for that person for the 2nd time in a row. :dead: 

Well done to Ibis making it this far. I think she was someone I nominated that last round? I do feel I would like her though. But really nice write-up from Alex explaining her time on the show! :yes: 

3 minutes ago, *Wallace said:

LOL QK being the highest ranker and not doing a write-up for that person for the 2nd time in a row. :dead: 

Well done to Ibis making it this far. I think she was someone I nominated that last round? I do feel I would like her though. But really nice write-up from Alex explaining her time on the show! :yes: 

Yeah I didn't really wanna do a write up on her or Syrus :giggle:

1 hour ago, QueenKalie said:

Oh another thing it would be nice if we got more than 1 a day or ever other day so it doesn't take a month or more.

I've been busy since we're buying a house and planning a vacay/hiatus in the south before we move in and working so weekdays are slower and today we drove 3 hours just to check in on the house being built

That being said, I will try to get into a more regular schedule with at least two a day. I am just not super fast with these sorts of things :giggle:I am super anal about the formatting so it takes me time to like quintuple check everything and make sure the formatting is perf #29 cumming up!

MARIE RODA

DpZfGy7U4AEpPWM.jpg

SCOREBOARD |25|

RANKINGS

@QueenKalie :: 6

@1234567890 :: DQ

@*Wallace :: DQ

@Alex95 :: DQ

Public :: DQ [29]

At this point, I am starting to think everyone has an alliance against @QueenKalie :giggle:including the public, who ranked her second to last overall! But I think it is actually a coincidence possibly that only QK's ranked contestants are showing up. Marie is actually pretty highly ranked by QK unlike Syrus and Ibis, but just missed out on his top 5 so again he did not have a write-up for Marie. :rofl:Anyways, back to Marie, I remember this woman, and consider her one of the older-schoolers, although I just realized that she was actually from one of the more recent Real World seasons, I am getting so old that I consider her one of the old schoolers :giggle:. I remember her being pretty outspoken and quite a strong woman kind of character. She actually did return for recent seasons as well, and did quite well with Cara Maria in Final Reckoning, so congrats to her on that. Unfortunately for her, they finished dead last in the final. I think unlike Syrus and Ibis, I can see why Marie would have some fans because she is more interesting, but I can also see why no one other than QK ranked her, because she is the type of character that would have a lot of haters as well. Anyways, congrats to her for making the Dirty 30!

On 2/24/2021 at 11:47 AM, 1234567890 said:

2c72a130-e0f5-11e9-bc04-b595f427ef9f_800_420.jpeg

WHO IS THIS PERSON AND WHY DID SHE NEED TO MAKE THE FINALS? 🙂 Coral or Rachel deserved this spot! PERIODT! 💋 Marie Roda is a contestant from The Real World: St. Thomas. That's it. I don't care. 🙂

On 2/15/2021 at 9:10 PM, *Wallace said:

tumblr_mifjj4g7441rt93pio1_400.gif

Marie is one of the more recent The Challenge competitors, so of course I remember her well. But with that, I never really thought of how I feel about her. I like her well enough and think she brings good drama but she’s never been someone I fully rooted for either. Marie took part in 5 seasons but made it to the final once placing 4th on  Season 32’s Final Reckoning. I didn’t know where to rank her but am fine placing her in my Bottom 10.

On 2/8/2021 at 4:03 PM, Alex95 said:

I was surprised to see Dee's reaction to my Marie nomination here at the end of the game because I don't think Marie is really all that good. I've enjoyed her every season she's been on, but I would hardly consider her a legend or one of my favorites. I'm not mad she made it to the final ranking, but I also don't think she needed to be here.

Marie first came on to The Challenge in the iconic Battle of the Seasons 2012 as part of Team St. Thomas with Robb, Trey, and Laura. Trey & Laura were boring and got eliminated halfway through the season, but luckily we got an almost full season of Marie & Robb and what a joy they were. After losing Trey & Laura, I feel like Marie decided they no longer could win so she would just get drunk nightly and #drag everyone who got in her way. She was one of the few people who could actually go toe-to-toe with Frank and come out of the other side still standing. She & Robb pulled off a shocking elimination win against Alton & Nany (even though Alton likely threw it), but unfortunately couldn't finish the job when they immediately got sent back into elimination against Dustin & Trishelle. Marie certainly made her mark that season though and it was a very strong debut.

Unfortunately she kinda dropped off the map for a few seasons which surprised me because I knew her name and I thought it was the start of her becoming a regular. But then she did make her return a few seasons later for Invasion of the Champions. Sadly this return was very short-lived as she pretty much gave up on the first challenge and then lost the first elimination to Kailah.

But luckily, this was just the beginning of her grand return and we do see her on the next three seasons. I don't think she ever quite hits her highs of Battle of the Seasons though. Dirty 30 and Vendettas kind of just blend together in my mind when it comes to Marie. She was there for a good time, not a long time. She partied it up and had a few fun fights in there, but nothing amazing really sticks out. She flopped every elimination cause duh she's not a good competitor at all, but I had no issues with her at all.

She most recently was on Final Reckoning which was definitely Marie's strongest showing since Battle of the Seasons. Partnered with Cara Maria, the two genuinely did not get along at all (which is great for us as viewers). There have been so many cringe ass pairings on these rival seasons that I enjoy teams that actually have beef. But then it turned into a friendship which was really cute. Marie realized she wasn't as close with the Lavender Ladies as she thought and the two of them constantly stuck up for each other when the house was dragging them down. They underdog'd their way to the finale where they completely and hilariously self-destructed and spent the entire final brutalizing each other :wub:.

So all in all, Marie started off strong and ended strong. The stuff in the middle is Fine, but nothing to write home about. I don't think she's a bad cast member at all and I'd be happy to see her back one day, I just don't think she stands out amongst the bigger characters and legends in this endgame.

@Deeee@*Lily@*Chris@Steven_@goofycilla90@*Diana 

Challenge_season_30_logo.jpg

Edited by JC

• JC changed the title to The Challenge: Reality Royalty Rankdown (Dirty 30 Final Ranking: #28 Posted!)
9 minutes ago, 1234567890 said:

You could have made us go the next page. :( It wouldn’t have been much trouble. 😛

I thought it might be too many pages lol - next time I'll ask for your help ❤️ 

I will post another one later tonight on the next page though if you want to help get there, thanks boo @1234567890

Edited by JC

4 hours ago, 1234567890 said:

It's going to start to get interesting when their isn't 4 DQ's and one actual ranking. :haha:

Ooh for sure. :haha: 

4 hours ago, QueenKalie said:

I dunno if I said this before but I feel like the 1 person that manages to avoid being DQ by anyone is gonna win.

I am curious to see how many contestants  will have rankings from all 4 of us + the public.

2 hours ago, JC said:

I've been busy since we're buying a house and planning a vacay/hiatus in the south before we move in and working so weekdays are slower and today we drove 3 hours just to check in on the house being built

That being said, I will try to get into a more regular schedule with at least two a day. I am just not super fast with these sorts of things :giggle:I am super anal about the formatting so it takes me time to like quintuple check everything and make sure the formatting is perf #29 cumming up!

2 a day sounds good. :yes: But hope your house buying/moving is going well! ❤️ 

Wow I am surprised that Marie showed up already. 😮 And LMAOO Another one of QK’s rankings show up, omg. And I am :dead: @ JC thinking Marie was one of the old schoolers of the franchise. :haha: 

Like many others have sad,  Ido like Marie well enough but wold have preferred many other new schoolers (and some old schoolers) in instead. Alex gave a great write-up and shared a lot of thoughts I do feel on her though.  :yes: