The Challenge: Reality Royalty Rankdown (CHAMPION ON PAGE 169!)

JC

28 minutes ago, *Wallace said:

LMAO Ugh You all leaving this decision up to me like this. :dead: Alex and QK both made great arguments of why each team should stay or go. I didn't know of what these contestants did or said outside of the show but def cringing on some things I read. But I am known for making decisions of contestants of what they do/did/say solely on the show - because i would feel inconsistent judging some people for outside actions but not others.

Anyway.... I decided to base this on the 3 challengers track records. I feel like Team QK has the stronger team of competitors. The Ashley cons are bad there which I did not know about but I know she has a few fans on here and maybe not quite her time to go yet. So I guess I'll spare the Ashley fans (overall I'm indifferent on her - not an immediate target but not someone I would save consistently). And I will eliminate Team Alex therefore saving Team QK. 

Good day and good night. 

LMAO :dead: at the sign off 

Okay, that means Team Alex has officially been eliminated and Team QK is saved! @QueenKalie does not have to do any writeups so congrats on that at least :giggle:

Everyone else owes me some writeups!

@Deeee

Kalle Dedolph

Janet Choi

Teck Holmes III

@Alex95

Kaycee Clark

Gus Smyrnios

Emilee Fitzpatrick

@1234567890

Candice Fowler

David Broom

Hailey Chivers

@*Wallace

Cameran Eubanks 

Mallory Snyder

Matt Smith

I need all the writeups completed before we can move on to CYCLE IX! ❤️ 

Kalle Dedolph (Road Rules: Islands)

209?cb=20150819154018

Kalle Dedolph made her debut on the fourth season of Road Rules. She was actually a pretty interesting and layered character. Kalle quickly revealed hesitations to her cast mates about her long-term boyfriend. She has a breakdown during the first mission, which was a paintball game against former Road Rulers. Then she forms a close bond with Jake. All of this happened within the first two episodes. Reality television was so much better back in the day! Kalle continues to open up after a trip to her cast mate Erika's home, when she reveals her trouble emotions over her own mother's passing. Her relationship with Jake continues to grow when she confides in him about this. The rest of the season revolves around the very serious feelings between Kalle and Jake, with Kalle struggling to accept these feelings and still trying to deal with her boyfriend at home. Kalle and Jake share intimate moments, argue over getting themselves tested for HIV, and Kalle even meeting Jake's parents during a visit to his house. At the end of the season, Kalle made plans to move to NYC with Jake, deciding to pursue a relationship with him after all. Kalle was really sweet, but also knew how to give compelling television!

Kalle next appeared on Real World/Road Rules Challenge, her one and only season of The Challenge. As part of the dominant Team Road Rules, Kalle won the season with ease! Her main storyline was her budding romance with Nathan Blackburn, a member of Team Real World. Kalle never failed to find herself in relationship drama. LOL. On her only season, she emerged a champion and never returned!

That is all for this write-up!

SAVED: Ashley Mitchell

Janet Choi (The Real World: Seattle)

340?cb=20191210135509

Seriously wish that I could find clips of Janet to share with you guys because she is an awesome individual and one of the better cast members in The Real World history. Janet was absolutely gorgeous first of all! She formed an amazing friendship with fellow cast mate, Lindsay Brien. Janet hilariously worried about traveling Nepal due to the high altitude, since she was an avid smoker. When climbing part of Mt. Everest, Janet actually pulled out a cigarette and started smoking. Naturally, she passed out for a while before regaining consciousness. LOL. Television is not this good anymore! Janet also brought an interesting storyline to the series as well. As a Korean-American, Janet struggled with maintaining loyalty to the traditions of her family and finding her own way in the world. She even brought her family out to Seattle so she could try and justify being part of The Real World experience to them. Janet went skydiving alone, dated a bartender and then left him behind when he unjustifiably stepped over the boundaries she set for him, and fought with Stephen when he criticized her for wearing too much makeup. Overall, she was just an awesome cast member.

Janet appeared on only one season of The Challenge. Her only appearance was on Real World/Road Rules Challenge, where she competed as part of Team Real World. Unfortunately, Team Real World was demolished in the competition, so she did not emerge victorious. She did have fun flirting and hooking up with her teammate Jason though!

Though she is an awesome cast member, this is just a fair cut to make.

SAVED: Victor Arroyo

Tecumshea "Teck" Holmes III (The Real World: Hawaii)

tumblr_m7ofatkDwi1r30wq7o2_500.gifv

Teck is a hard one to talk about because I really want to like him, but he was also very homophobic on his season of The Real World. He had an awesome personality in many ways! Hilarious, vivacious, charming, life of the party! Teck was super, super, super flirtatious and most of his conflict in the house came from him constantly hooking up with women and slipping up and getting caught in messy love triangles. Most notably, Teck started dating somebody that was dating his roommate, Ruthie. This happened after Teck verbally eviscerated Ruthie for her antics while under there influence of alcohol. It was a mess. At least Teck would sort of express remorse for his flirtatious nature and be upset that he would slip up? IDK.

Teck did a lot of cool stuff! He surfed, dove into the pool butt naked as soon as he arrived, skydived, spoofed The View, beat boxed/rapped/freestyled quite often! But he was also very homophobic. One could hope he has changed his ways, and a lot of his homophobia is rooted in being the son of a minister. It's been a long while since I have seen The Real World: Hawaii, since it is just such a dark season overall. Teck had his fair share of dramatic moments, but ultimately played a back seat to people like Ruthie, Amaya, Colin, and Kaia. 

He appeared on only one season of The Challenge after his season of The Real World. On Real World/Road Rules Challenge 2000, Teck competed on Team Real World. While Team Real World did not win, each member of that team received $6,830 at the end. Teck definitely played a back seat role once again on this season. The only thing I can remember about his time on this season is him partying the entire night before the first mission and showing up late to the mission. 

After the show, Teck has had a career in acting/television and seems to still be doing so. Good for him! Another fair cut in my opinion.

SAVED: Yes Duffy

Cameran Eubanks 

latest?cb=20150727230457

JC out here trying to kill us making us do 3 write-ups per round. As usually I have decided to nominate people I don’t really know and/or people that haven’t done well on this show. So let’s discuss them. 

Cameran Eubanks is originally from The Real World: San Diego. She went onto compete on two seasons of The Challenge which were Season 9's Battle of the Sexes 2 and Season 11's The Gauntlet 2. I can not recall if I’ve seen these seasons or not but these were old school seasons. Cameran wasn’t a big presence on either season, at least as a competitor as she only lasted 3 episodes on each season. Cameran even voluntarily gave the win to Kina on “Capture the Flag” gauntlet stating she would be a better team captain. Cameran also quit Team Builders challenge on The Gaunlet 2. And that was the end of her The Challenge career. She is very beautiful I must add.

Mallory Snyder

latest?cb=20150728183553

Mallory Snyder originally began her MTV reality career on The Real World: Paris. She went on to only compete on one season of The Challenge, which was Season 8’s The Inferno. Mallory looked like a pretty decent competitor (being apart of Team Real World) having won 3 challenges. She lasted 8 episodes on this season. She was in an Noise Pollution Inferno elimination on Episode 8 against Christena Pyle. She ended up losing to Christena and we never heard from Mallory on The Challenge and probably never will again. Ugh this isn't even 100 words but I will also mention Mallory is really pretty too.

Matt Smith

latest?cb=20150728192552

Well let’s wrap this up with the 3rd person I don’t know or barely remember. Matt Smith is easily the most generic name of my three nominees. Matt made his MTV reality career debut on 2000’s The Real World: New Orleans. Matt went on to compete on The Challenge on Season 7’s The Gauntlet. He was apart of Team Real World this season. Hmm it seemed he did alright but nothing too memorable. He lasted 6 episodes this season. He too part in the Dead Man’s Drop Gauntlet elimination against Sarah Greyson where he ended up losing. He was never heard from again on The Challenge and likely never will be on the show ever again. OK I’m done with my assigned three write-ups sooo Halleloo I am done.

16 minutes ago, Deeee said:

@*Wallace not following the rules and writing less than 100 words?!?!?!

shocked earl sinclair GIF

LMAOOO that was the first time that's ever happened to me. :dead: I counted it up and was like "UGH only 89 words?" so was trying to come up with a few more words to add in.  :haha: 

3 hours ago, *Wallace said:

:dead: 

You're welcome. :haha: 

Ughh 3 write-ups again. 😐  :dead: Now I wish my team won lmaoo.

LMAO I think this is the last time guys ❤️ 

Candice Fowler (The Challenge: Battle of the Bloodlines)

340?cb=20180609214118

Candice Fowler is the cousin of Leroy Garrett, making her debut on The Challenge: Battle of the Bloodlines as his partner. To be honest, I really do not remember much about her. I definitely remember that she was ready to ride for her cousin and defend him at any point. She seemed like a cool person, but she was very clearly not too cut out for the physicality of this show. During the very dangerous Meet Me Halfway challenge, Candice took a pretty gnarly fall that busted her lip open. Candice was sent to the hospital to get stitches, and when she returned to the house, Candice also revealed that she broke her toe as well. Right before the third elimination, TJ announced that Candice would be unable to compete further and sent her home. Due to the format of that season, this meant Leroy would be going home as well. Given how far the show usually goes to keep Leroy around, I am sure they did not have ten family members on standby as replacements. LOL. She never returned again. Great elimination.

Hailey Chivers (The Real World: Ex-Plosion)

latest?cb=20180702232803

Hailey Chivers is another great cut to make, considering she was a non-factor on only one season of The Challenge. She made her debut on the very great The Real World: Ex-Plosion, when she entered the house as part of a surprise twist that saw the exes of the original cast mates move in to the house. Hailey is the ex-girlfriend of Thomas Buell, and the two had an explosive and toxic relationship. Hailey had lied to Thomas about being a virgin and had cheated on him multiple times, which led to the deterioration of their relationship. 

By the time Hailey arrived to the house, Thomas had already entered a pretty serious relationship with fellow cast mate, Jamie Larson. When Hailey arrived, everything became really awkward. Hailey and Thomas were actually high-school sweethearts and still attend college together. She moved in to the house with the expectation that the two would rekindle their relationship. Finding out that Thomas had already begun a relationship with Jamie definitely upset her. Thomas was a piece of sh*t that treated Hailey so poorly in the house and constantly tried to force Hailey to move out and end her experience early. Jamie was also very controlling, which added to the tension between Hailey and Thomas. Hailey could not handle her emotions and the poor treatment she received at the hands of Jamie + Thomas. After a night out where she got very drunk and grinded on Thomas to the chagrin of Jamie, Hailey finally lost her cool. She continued to physically attack Thomas in the house repeatedly, with Cory and Jay finally physically separating her from Thomas. 

The following day, Hailey decided to move out of the house to try and salvage any hopes for a continued friendship with Thomas. She was also beyond stressed out and could not handle the situation any longer. Luckily enough, Hailey was able to make up with Thomas and Jamie and become friends with them both. She then debuted on The Challenge: Battle of the Exes II with Thomas as her partner. The rookie quickly found herself eliminated in the second episode after contributing nothing to the season. She also lost the first Battle of the Ex-ile game to Dustin/Jessica and was permanently eliminated from the game. Hailey never returned.

David Broom (The Real World: New Orleans)

latest?cb=20150728192259

David Broom is from what might be the greatest season of The Real World ever. Period. New Orleans is such an incredible season. Wow. Memories. Incredible. If any of you ever want to check it out, here is a Youtube channel that has every episode of the season.

"Come On Be My Baby Tonight" is easily one of the greatest moments in television history. I will not hear arguments against this. Such an iconic moment that Dave Chapelle brought him on his sketch show back in the day for a funny spoof moment.

David Broom was highly intelligent, very complex, a super talented musician, aggravating, dismissive, vulnerable, sweet, and quite alienating during his time in New Orleans. David was quite aloof with his roommates, and his inability to compromise, listen to his roommates, and his general lack of concern for his roommates rubbed pretty much the whole house the wrong way. David really was a point of contention very often in the house, which often seemed very contradictory to his outwardly demeanor. I still remember his fights with Melissa and Kelley vividly. 

David appeared on two seasons of The Challenge: Battle of the Sexes and The Gauntlet. He was a non-factor on both seasons. I think the only airtime he got on Battle of the Sexes was him trying to mediate the conflict between David E. and Puck, as he tried his hardest to calm David E. down and get him to remain in the competition. He was the fourth guy eliminated due to having the lowest amount of points. David was the first person eliminated from Team Real World on The Gauntlet, losing Dead Man's Drop to the Queen Sarah Greyson.

An icon of The Real World that did not become an icon of The Challenge.

Emilee Fitzpatrick

340?cb=20180704235817

Who? How terrifying is is that she almost outlasted Ashley Mitchell. I shudder at the thought. Emilee has done two seasons of The Challenge, Cutthroat and Free Agents. On Cutthroat, Emilee was one of the captains because she sucked at the opening run. She chose the Grey Team who went on to do great things without her so nothing of value was lost when she ended up going out first when Camila beat her. She randomly comes back five seasons later for Free Agents though. Honestly I have no idea what went into that decision to dig up her phone number again. Like it's one thing when you see an early boot has potential to bring them back a season or two later. But she doesn't get the call for four straight seasons but then for Free Agents some casting producer decides they want to see Emilee Fitzpatrick give the show another go??? I have to assume she might've been iconic on her Real World season or something. Anyways, Emilee does slightly better on Free Agents! And by that I mean she's second boot instead of first boot :giggle:. She tries to jump Dustin's bones, but that's pretty much all she brings to the show before going out. She has the honor of being on two of my favorite seasons though so good for her!

Gus Smyrnios

Gus-Caleb-Smyrnios-net-worth.jpg

So as I'm sure you could all tell with my lack of Road Rules knowledge, I'm not much of an MTV watcher at all. In fact, The Challenge is the only show I do watch on MTV. But during the height of my Challenge fandom during my project of watching the seasons, I decided to check out Floribama Shore. By that I mean I put an episode or two on in the background when I was flipping through the channels and there was nothing else on. The reason for that was I thought maybe we would get more Challenge cast members from that show since we got Gus (and Mattie I guess, but her timeline is Party Down South - The Challenge 33 - Floribama Shore - The Challenge 35 so idk if it counts). Anyway the show sucks and I hope we don't see any of them. But I got super into the subreddit about it because of the ~drama~ I wasn't watching. Unfortunately it wasn't fun drama. It was that the single black girl in the cast dealt with racism from most of her castmates and it's assumed that Gus is one of those castmates. Great! Also apparently he was a legit psycho on the most previous seasons. And he keeps dating 18 years old which like.....I guess it's legal but you're 25 bro! Though not my type, I can get his appeal so I'm sure he can easily find girls his age.

Anyways onto The Challenge. He showed up as a prospect on War of the Worlds and was partnered with Jenna. I'm gonna be honest with you, I don't remember a single thing about his time on The Challenge. I can tell you he wasn't particularly impressive. And I always felt like he was more concerned with looking good than performing well. He was in the pole wrestle elimination against Bear and he did well enough going 1-1 with Bear, but luckily for us all, Da'Vonne snatched that pole away from Jenna twice and Gus disappeared into the night. I watch that elimination on YouTube maybe once a week, but I tend to fast forward through the Bear vs. Gus part of the elimination lol. Maybe we'll see him again if Floribama Shore improves in ratings and MTV decides they need more cast members from over there onto The Challenge. But if I was a betting man, I'd bet this is the last we've seen of Gus.