The Challenge: Reality Royalty Rankdown (CHAMPION ON PAGE 169!)

JC

2 minutes ago, Deeee said:

Judging by who is not present for the virtual reunion today, I am venturing to guess that The Challenge might be severing ties to all contestants with a racist past 👀

who isn't present? I am trying to think of the people who have racist pasts. Ashley comes to mind and I'm sure there is more besides her and Dee but I am drawing a blank on it right now. 

Jennifer "Jenn" Lee

f45e2c027ea716f9_ar29_cast_jenniferlee_8

It's cool that they took someone from The Amazing Race and put them on the show but could they have picked someone I actually knew at least? I saw Jenn's season but I didn't remember her at all because she was the first one eliminated. Maybe the Challenge ran out of money and had to find someone desperate enough to do it for next to no money who knows. But at least I will remember her now because despite being the first one gone again she did leave a lasting impression. :haha: She flirted with Rogan which made Dee upset so that's a good thing despite the fact that they are no longer together and who would get upset over Rogan anyways. So that was good and then Bananas and Wes gave her this ridiculous  speech to prepare and she listened to them so that was pretty funny.  Other than that not much to say about her since she was gone fast so out she goes from this rankdown.

Saving Shane by popular request. 

On 6/17/2020 at 10:31 AM, QueenKalie said:

who isn't present? I am trying to think of the people who have racist pasts. Ashley comes to mind and I'm sure there is more besides her and Dee but I am drawing a blank on it right now. 

Putting in white text to avoid spoiling:

Rogan, Dee, Mattie, Jordan, and Bear were all not present for the reunion. However, Rogan claims to have filmed something individually and was not present due to being in surgery. Ashley was present, which is weird considering her comments during her season of The Real World. 

Group A

Jesse Stark

Zach Mann

Alex Smith

Georgia Harrison

Dee Nguyen

Mattie Lynn Breaux

Group B

Michael Ross

Nate Stodghill

Frank Sweeney

Nia Moore

Chase McNary

Nelson Thomas

Edited by Deeee

10 minutes ago, Deeee said:

OOPS. I totally forgot about the saved group. LOL. I will wait for @JC to confirm before editing!

Nope, the saved group does not count as being nominated! You have to actually be up for elimination to count as safe for the following round so Dee's nominations are good!

@*Wallace please save one of Dee's groups!

2 minutes ago, Deeee said:

They both suck as people, sorry for nominating them @*Wallace

I didn't know either were faves of yours.

I can totally understand that. :dead:  

It's all good and no hard feelings. I like them but they aren't people I'll fight or protect for too much for the longhaul of the game. :haha:  

Nate Stodghill

340?cb=20180628054353

I do not remember this person at all. I have seen Battle of the Exs so that's not a good sign for Nate that I don't remember him. it looks like he was only on one episode so I guess that explains why I don't remember him. He was partnered with Priscila someone he made out with once on his Real World season. Cool good for him and her I guess lol. But yeah anyways they lost to Wes and Mandi in the first elimination. I like both Wes and Mandi so I am glad that they prevailed over these nobodies. It doesn't look like Nate has done another challenge since then so he's a very easy cut to make her despite it being hard to do a write up about him since there's almost nothing to talk about regarding him here. Oh well out he goes from this rankdown. 

Saving Mike who I enjoyed when he was partnered up with Leroy!  

Frank Sweeney

2395fa18c36e6e5f38ecfd882e96133f.jpg

Honestly, I really wanted to like Frank and I'm sad I don't. There are many reasons The Challenge can be disheartening at times. Obviously the show's problematic as f*ck and the cast is usually trash. Though misogyny and racism are more overt on the show, homophobia is still an issue and should be addresses (along with continuing to address sexism and racial issues, I'm certainly not advocating for them to be sidelined). Frankly, gay guys on the show had been underestimate time and time again. Shane Landrum was pretty much the OG Challenge gay guy and he always performed really well, but was constantly cut right before the end for "not being as strong as the other guys" despite the fact that I could say for a fact that Shane performed better than many of them. The token gay guy is never running the game, never a core part of the majority alliance, and is either an early boot or gets cut right before the end. Tyler Duckworth kind of finally defied those expectations, but he only made it to the end of Cutthroat after being thrown into the final two eliminations because Brad & Dunbar were scared and the other fodder men were gone. And then he made it to the end of Rivals and was part of the majority alliance because Bananas was his partner. My point is, the gay guy is paid dust on this show. Then enter Frank. Unapologetically gay and fierce as hell in competing. Politically, he took control of the season and refused to ever let go. Physically, there weren't many men who could compete against him. Too bad Frank was an ABSOLUTE SEXIST PIECE OF SH*T.

Frank entered the show on Battle of the Seasons, competing with Zach, Sam, and Ashley as part of San Diego. What a monster Frank was! His most memorable moment was physically assaulting Sam as she struggled with the running up and down the hill competition. Frank was a belligerent drunk who would go for the lowblow whenever he inserted himself into drama. He was barely ever defending himself, he just got into drama because he was a toxic human being who thrived off of negativity. He came for Nany, Dustin, Sam, Marie, Robb, ANYONE in the most despicable of ways possible. He acted like an ass during the challenges and in the house when he was supposed to be a regular human being.

He came back for Rivals II partnered with Johnny Bananas (despite the fact that the two of them had never met each other :rolleyes:) because production clearly loved both of them and wanted them to have a good partner and make it far. He kind of took a backseat to Bananas so he wasn't as gross this time around. But don't you worry! He still spent plenty of time showing his ass! Something I didn't mention in his BOTS paragraph is how he LOVES to play the victim. He'll go on some sort of tirade and come out of it sobbing begging for sympathy from everyone. He most noticeably did this after backstabbing Jonna. Jonna was HIS friend that HE made the decision to turn on. Yet he acts like a blubbering fool about how hard it was and how Jonna won't forgive him blah blah blah. You made the move Frank, own it! He went on to get second place this season. Honestly, such a great competitor. First and second place on his first two seasons is nothing to ignore!

He came back for a third season in a row for Free Agents. Luckily for us, our time with him was cut way short as he got medically evacuated in the third episode. Honestly this was easily my favorite season of his yet, but he was sick the whole time and couldn't cause any drama so that helps lol. He performed very well, "beating" Chet and beating Dustin in two straight eliminations despite the fact that he was very sick. I'm wondering if there was a redemption storyline we were gonna get for him, but honestly he was probably gonna weasel his way into the majority alliance if he started feeling better and then continue to play the fool again.

So overall Frank is someone I really wish I could like. He plays the part of "woke liberal gay" well on twitter so maybe he's improved as a human being? Maybe the stressful environment of The Challenge house brings out the worst in him? Or maybe he's just a vile person. I'd like to believe it's not the latter, but I have to judge him based on what I saw and what I saw is not rootable in the slightest.

Save Nia