idolforums.com
Sign in to follow this  
*Chris

Canada's Drag Race

Did the episode seem ridiculously bright to anyone else? It seemed like they turned the saturation up to 12. :dead:

Anywhore, here are my rankings of the queens after the first episode:

1. Jimbo - lol I really didn't expect to come out of episode one stanning Jimbo, but she was iconique this episode. ❤️ I can see her being a more confident Thorgy.
  2. Priyanka - Slay
  3. Tynomi Banks - Slay.
  4. Lemon - I didn't think the look was as bad as the judges made it out to be. :ph34rwave: (Not that it was good, mind you.)
  5. Anastarzia Anaquway - She had some good moments.
  6. Rita Baga - How did she win?????
  7. Kiara - Who?
  8. Juice Boxx - The poor Haus of Boxx becoming the new first-boot royalty.
  9. Scarlett Bobo - Not a fan.
  10. Kyne - To quote Lily: "I also understood her frustration at BOA being in the top."
  11. Ilona Verley - Not a fan.
  12. BOA - My least favourite by far.

7 minutes ago, Elliott said:

Kyne - To quote Lily: "I also understood her frustration at BOA being in the top."

:dead:

I dont have any strong attachments week 1.  

I really liked Jimbo (but he is weird AF), Priyanka and Lemon.  I enjoyed Tynomi, Juice Boxx (RIP) and BOA (for putting Kyne in her place).  I dislike Anstarzia's name, its hard to say, but shes aiight.  I disliked Kyne (seriously go home).  The rest I dont' really remember or have a strong opinion on.  So I guess right now I am rooting for Jimbo, Priyanka and Lemon.

I feel like I do not know these queens enough to accurately rank them, especially ones that I do not remember at all but here are my thoughts on the ones that did make an impression:

Rita Baga deserved her win, when I saw her runway, I immediately designated it as the best of the night.

Priyanka has the best confessionals so far, definitely the most likable thus far.

I felt bad for Juice Boxx and Lemon, but their runways were definitely not great and very unpolished. Glad Lemon stayed though because of her connection with NYC ❤️ 

Kyne needs a chill pill. Her arrogance is grating, she's worse than Tyra because she does not even know how to keep it together with the judges. At least Tyra was nice enough to the judges to get the crown. Like gurl, you need to recognize who's gonna be determining your fate, def the villain so far.

BOA is a mess, not sure how her runway was in the top, and I tried to understand where the judges were coming from, but I honestly could not. Although Kyne shouldn't have been such a bitch about it, not a good look.

I honestly cannot remember much about the other queens yet, but hopefully more of them will make an impression soon. Obviously some queens did not make the impressions they wanted, but I did remember them so there's that. Anyways, there's no frontrunner for me yet, I'm more of a look queen stan, but there really aren't any this season or at least they haven't shown it so far. Might be the season of the off-beat queens.