Canada's Drag Race

3 hours ago, Deeee said:

Here for this. 🤎

Me too!

Looking forward to the lipsync to one of her song; I could see them doing "Catch" because it was very popular when it came out. 

Edited by *Chris
  • Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Tynomi appeared in a SuperBowl's commercial:      

What the f*ck is wrong with these judges? What did Jimbo do to them? I NEED THEM ALL TO F*CK OFF.

Next week’s lip sync song is

3 hours ago, *Chris said:

Me too!

Looking forward to the lipsync to one of her song; I could see them doing "Catch" because it was very popular when it came up. 

I feel like my favorite songs of hers are more explicit and would not be chosen for a lip-sync. :lmao:

• 3 weeks later...

If you haven't yet, watch the Drag Ball:

There's some great lip-syncs in it, especially my Top 7, in my opinion.

After watching the Drag Ball, my pre-season ranking of the queens is as follows:

1. Tynomi Banks - Definite Jaida vibes. Her lipsync to "Confident" said it ALL. She knows who she is and isn't afraid to be herself. Can't wait for her to slay.

2. Priyanka - I mean, a Marina lip-sync that was legit hilarious and had multiple great looks including a Jasmine from Aladdin look? Plus she's from Toronto and was the only queen I knew about before the show so, definitely one to watch.

3. Kyne - Gave me Manila vibes with her "Don't Leave Me This Way" lip-sync. So much humour and the Thelma look was a definite toot.

4. Rita Baga - One of the most experienced queens in the bunch and it SHOWS. Her looks in her lip-sync were all on point and the fact that she chose a French song I'd never heard of and made me love it. She's definitely got skills.

5. Anastarzia Anaquaway - I loved that she went there with her lip-sync. It shows she's not afraid to get political and vocal. Hopefully the show respects that and doesn't do what they did to the Vixen. Also her look during the ball was gorgeous.

6. Jimbo -  Aqua is a CLASSIC and she put her own spin and humour on it which showed who she is. I don't think she'll win because her drag isn't the kind of "high drag" the show usually goes for, but she'll be a fun contestant, for sure.

7. Ilona Verley - Love that she's open about being two-spirit and Indigenous. I expected her to draw on that for her lip-sync, but she slayed that Miley look.

8. BOA - She gives me Sh*rry P*e vibes, but I loved her Jays drag look and I love that she did her whole video on a green screen and chose a classic gay anthem.

9. Lemon - Her lipsync was low quality, but her instagram is on point and she's from New York, so you know she's going to bring it.

10. Juice Boxx - Her lip-sync wasn't anything special and was kind of boring. I get that she was paying homage to Gaga, but I was hoping for a little bit of humour or twist to it like Jimbo did. I did like her Canada flag look though and she seems sweet but very shy.

11. Kiara - I love Finally and loved her look in her video, but the song is also really repetitive and goes nowhere, so it didn't give her much room to grow with it. Unfortunately, she also screamed fodder to me. She's one of the youngest, so it wouldn't surprise me if she's still finding her drag identity.

12. Scarlett BoBo - I didn't think her "Get this Party Started" lip-sync really made her standout. I was definitely hoping for more.

8 minutes ago, sublymonal said:

The Canadian judging panel is INFINITELY better than the American one tbh

Oooh, I'll definitely watch with an open mind! 

The Canadian judges are HARSH but I loved it. 

My ranking of the runways: 

1. Jimbo

2. Rita

3. Tynomi

4. Priyanka 

5. Anastarzia

6. Kiara

7. Scarlett

8. Kyne

9. Lemon

10. Ilona Verley

11. Boa

12. Juice Boxx

I actually like a lot of this cast and enjoyed the judges and the mini challenge. My one worry is that the bottom half of my ranking of the runways were a MESS. Hopefully it was just because it was the first runway and because they were making their looks.

Also it should have been a double shantay. They both turned out that lipsync and sending anyone home after one week feels wrong.

On 7/1/2020 at 2:15 PM, sublymonal said:

If you haven't yet, watch the Drag Ball:

Absolutely loved it! Was in love with Rita's song choice as I love Ariane Moffatt ❤️ 

• Like 1

I thought the premiere was super strong - the photoshoot was super fun & they all killed it. And I really find myself loving most of the queen! And I agree regarding the judges!

My tentative ranking of the queens:

1. Rita Baga: My fellow frenchie killed it! I thought her runway was well-done, and she showed personality. I think she's a threat - showing why she's the queen of Montreal!
  2. Tynomi: A literal queen. 
  3. Priyanka: Absolutely love Priyanka, and thought she did good in the first episode.
  4. Jimbo: I was quick to write Jimbo off but they impressed me. 
  5. Anastarzia: The make-up in the dragball & the performance, as well. And tonight's runway was amazing - it reminded me of something that Team Canada would wear at the Olympics.
  6. Kiara: Great runway but I need more of her - I think she could be the underdog
  7. Ilona Verley: Love them on Instragam, need more of their drive to come through.
  8. Boa: Still on the fence with her.
  9. Scarlett: The runway was just there, but looking forward to seeing what she can do as I've seen some of her performances on IG & she's an incredible performer.
  10. Lemon: Biggest disappointment but hope she can have a comeback.
  11. Juice Boxxx: Really like what I've seen of her post-DR on her insta. And she killed the lipsync.
  12. Kyne: The attitude, the look... it's a no from me.

I’m not sure where Kyne’s attitude came from. She seemed so friendly during the Drag Ball and I loved her lipsync but tonight she was a monster. Did someone tell her to turn up the drama, I wonder?

I enjoyed the episode, although was a little confused with some of the judging. I was surprised to see Rita and BOA in the top - I think I'd have kept Jimbo there, and included Kiara and somebody else (not sure who, I guess Tynomi or Anastarzia who were my other favorites on the runway).

Priyanka's my favorite so far, she seems so fun!

Edited by *Lily
1 hour ago, *Lily said:

I enjoyed the episode, although was a little confused with some of the judging. I was surprised to see Rita and BOA in the top - I think I'd have kept Jimbo there, and included Kiara and somebody else (not sure who, I guess Tynomi or Anastarzia who were my other favorites on the runway).

Priyanka's my favorite so far, she seems so fun!

I agree about BOA but Rita, I think her pre-ruveal outfit was flawless & spot-on. And Brooke described it pretty well as it really represented the Montreal scene - the know who she is based on this one look. And I think she was one of the few that I was able to tell which box she was assigned, who also stayed true to the theme of it all. 

1 hour ago, sublymonal said:

I’m not sure where Kyne’s attitude came from. She seemed so friendly during the Drag Ball and I loved her lipsync but tonight she was a monster. Did someone tell her to turn up the drama, I wonder?

I have no idea, as well. I am a bit disappointed as I was looking forward to her, but I am not sure she will last long considering she's more of a social media queen too. 

9 minutes ago, *Chris said:

I agree about BOA but Rita, I think her pre-ruveal outfit was flawless & spot-on. And Brooke described it pretty well as it really represented the Montreal scene - the know who she is based on this one look. And I think she was one of the few that I was able to tell which box she was assigned, who also stayed true to the theme of it all. 

Gotcha! I think I would have liked it more maybe knowing more about the scene and her own personal style. I was a little underwhelmed by the post-reveal look however did like the pre-reveal.

• Like 1

I really enjoyed messy Kyne :dead: Her attitude was super offputting but it made great awkward TV. I also understood her frustration at BOA being in the top...I just wouldn’t have vocalised it :haha:

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, *Lily said:

I really enjoyed messy Kyne :dead: Her attitude was super offputting but it made great awkward TV. I also understood her frustration at BOA being in the top...I just wouldn’t have vocalised it :haha:

She certainly have the Nerves to do it. But my favourite part was Anastarzia's reaction/response :haha:

• Like 1
42 minutes ago, *Chris said:

Agreed. Rita is a consummate professional and embodies French Canadian Drag. I definitely would have had her in the top even if Jimbo had  my personal favourite look.

• Like 1