Jump to content

If certain artists switched seasons or coaches


Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, VintageVoice said:

Mendeleyev picking John is the biggest head-scratcher for me personally - on the one hand, the EGOT status is a draw; on the other, what exactly could John have done for him as a coach? I'm not saying he should've been on Blake or Kelly's teams but he could've destroyed Hoot with minimal effort even sans going country

 

He picked him because he was the only one that knew who Ritchie Valens was, an artist Mendeleyev said he loves, and as much as I like the guy, that was a horrible call. He should have gone with Blake, the already enormous popularity of his audition + Blake´s army could have send him to the win.

Edited by Misirlou
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Vote-splitting used to be an IDF myth until it got debunked in season 15.   Season 15 results: Winner: Chevel Shepherd (country)  Runner-up: Chris Kroeze (country-blues)  3rd

Joei Fulco with Miley would have been so fun

If Toneisha was on S2 I am 100% sure that she would've won  

2 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

He picked him because he was the only one that knew who Ritchie Valens was, an artist Mendeleyev said he loves, and as much as I like the guy, that was a horrible call. He should have gone with Blake, the already enormous popularity of his audition + Blake´s army could have send him to the win.

Wasn´t there speculation that Mendeleyev wanted to do his own thing artistically but John didn´t appreciate it? (Maybe that´s why he dropped Thunderstorm this season 👀)

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, echoap said:

Vote-splitting used to be an IDF myth until it got debunked in season 15.

 

Season 15 results:

Winner: Chevel Shepherd (country) 

Runner-up: Chris Kroeze (country-blues) 

3rd place: Kirk Jay (country) 

4th place: Kennedy Holmes (pop) 

 

Kennedy not even getting 3rd place is very telling. If such thing as country vote-splitting exists, then a rock solid, unified country vote should exist as well, which clearly isn't the case, because Red Marlow (4th) and Spensha Baker (also 4th) exist. 

 

Team Minivan describes a significant group of voters, but that doesn't necessarily mean hardcore country voters. 

 Yes that's what I thought. Vote splitting may be true for coaches other than Blake, like Adam in S7. But team Blake and country cast massive votes that it's hard to beat even splitted.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, QueenMae16 said:

oh my... imagine a finale 3 of Tessanne/Alisan/Maelyn....

I think Maelyn would win tbh, her set and progression seemed stronger than Alisan and Tessanne.

 

I also think Maelyn would take it since Alisan was polarizing because many haters told she screamed so much while Tessanne followed the diva style that is not so popular today. But who knows?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

Do we know whether Mendeleyev can sing live?

Check his acoustic instagram videos , his lows are insane, and the fact that he is seasoned would have helped him on the show.

Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

Do we know whether Mendeleyev can sing live?

As far as I can tell, yes. Folk isn't a demanding genre so I think he would've been fine. Also, Gyth couldn't sing live and he had no problem getting votes :haha:

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, echoap said:

As far as I can tell, yes. Folk isn't a demanding genre so I think he would've been fine. Also, Gyth couldn't sing live and he had no problem getting votes :haha:


You have a good point. Honestly, if he could sing live, we might have had a different result, because Minivan was locked in on him for a while. 

Edited by TeamAudra
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:


You have a good point. Honestly, if he could sing live, we might have had a different result, because Minivan was locked in on him for a while. 

I agree. He's unique and has waaaaaay more personality than the Hoot, so I think he was a potential winner. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, eidi said:

 

I also think Maelyn would take it since Alisan was polarizing because many haters told she screamed so much while Tessanne followed the diva style that is not so popular today. But who knows?

I would agree on that, I think Alisan would place 3rd, Tessanne is a beast of a vocalist but I think Maelyn's style would appeal more to minivan than her's resulting in a Maelyn win. No matter which coach, Maelyn was winning the season. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, QueenMae16 said:

I would agree on that, I think Alisan would place 3rd, Tessanne is a beast of a vocalist but I think Maelyn's style would appeal more to minivan than her's resulting in a Maelyn win. No matter which coach, Maelyn was winning the season. 

We say that like there's a remote chance all three of them would've survived the live rounds of a season together all the way up to the finale.

 

The only problem is I can't figure out who they would've worked with besides the coaches they actually had (there's an argument for Alisan with Blake, but honestly she and Christina were a coach/artist pair that I looked like and was like, "yeah that makes sense") 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, VintageVoice said:

We say that like there's a remote chance all three of them would've survived the live rounds of a season together all the way up to the finale.

 

The only problem is I can't figure out who they would've worked with besides the coaches they actually had (there's an argument for Alisan with Blake, but honestly she and Christina were a coach/artist pair that I looked like and was like, "yeah that makes sense") 

true if all 3 were in a season, I'm not sure all could make the finale. Especially if none were on Blake's team. I think Alisan would have an easier time on Blake's team, but yeah Xtina/Alisan made sense the most. 

I think the one of the few winners who needed the alternative coaches to win, was Brynn. Like for example if Kyla was on Kelly's team and Brynn on Blake's team in S14, they would do all they could to pimp Kyla to become Kelly's winner. Brynn needed Kelly, and if she had Alicia or Adam, maybe she could hit the finale, but probably 4th or 3rd for her.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 months later...

Pushing this doc up because I wanted to make this but I knew someone else did so. Here are some of my people that I though about.

 

Britton with Adam (s14): Britton did say he was a fan of Adam, or something in that nature, and I feel he would have picked him. He would have most likely been middle 3 in semis but would have lost to either someone from Team Alicia or Blake.

 

Chevel with Jennifer (s15): If Chevel was still stuck on deciding between Kelly and Blake and chose Jennifer I feel she either would have been dropped in Knockouts but saved/stolen or went straight to Lives. She could have been in finale but winning is unlikely.

 

Calvin with John (s17): This is the one I am wish he picked differently. If he would have picked John I can see him making Lives. He most likely would not have made it to Semis but would have had a farther run then what he had on Gwen's.

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, thevoicefan12 said:

Pushing this doc up because I wanted to make this but I knew someone else did so. Here are some of my people that I though about.

 

Britton with Adam (s14): Britton did say he was a fan of Adam, or something in that nature, and I feel he would have picked him. He would have most likely been middle 3 in semis but would have lost to either someone from Team Alicia or Blake.

 

Chevel with Jennifer (s15): If Chevel was still stuck on deciding between Kelly and Blake and chose Jennifer I feel she either would have been dropped in Knockouts but saved/stolen or went straight to Lives. She could have been in finale but winning is unlikely.

 

Calvin with John (s17): This is the one I am wish he picked differently. If he would have picked John I can see him making Lives. He most likely would not have made it to Semis but would have had a farther run then what he had on Gwen's.

 

Britton said his preference was Adam going into the blinds but since Adam was blocked and off the table, he had to go a different route (which luckily worked out well) - if he'd gotten to go with Adam I think making out of the semifinals via Instant Save still could've happened (especially as Pryor was from CA and West Coast artists don't do as well in the IS as a rule of thumb, and Team KC was already in the finale so Kaleb was dispensable at that point), but his ceiling would've been third.

 

Chevel with Jennifer - that's an interesting concept, but I think you're spot on about the JHUD association lowering her chances at winning had she been a pre-lives steal. 

 

Calvin picking Gwen made sense to a degree given as an old-school R&B voice he stood out whereas with John that would've been harder, but had he gone with John (or even Blake) he would've made it to the lives and possibly to the top 13/top 11.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, VintageVoice said:

 Calvin picking Gwen made sense to a degree given as an old-school R&B voice he stood out whereas with John that would've been harder, but had he gone with John (or even Blake) he would've made it to the lives and possibly to the top 13/top 11.

Katie and Marybeth were locks I think even before anyone performed. John had his mind set on Will for the save. Plus, I don't think he would even drop Khalea for Calvin for the last spot on his playoff team. So he'd probably be out in Knockouts

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, antikid said:

Katie and Marybeth were locks I think even before anyone performed. John had his mind set on Will for the save. Plus, I don't think he would even drop Khalea for Calvin for the last spot on his playoff team. So he'd probably be out in Knockouts

Within the playoffs, yeah, but within the KOs that's a tad dicier - it'd depend who Calvin got paired with. 

 

(For the purposes of speculation, I'm gonna switch Calvin & Max team-wise because the people I'd switch him with either weren't on Team Legend at this point or would've caused Gwen to use her save on someone different, so this was the least messy switch that still allowed for the same potential five in Team Legend's playoffs)

 

Likely could've beaten:

  • James Violet (I love James but his KO was messy, so Calvin could've gotten a win without too much difficulty)
  • Zoe Upkins (she was very good for 16 and had a lot of poise, but she was on the same team as Khalea and in a similar lane, and a male R&B and female R&B artist seems more "allowable" than two female R&B artists on the same team)

Could see this going either way (who knows?)

  • Preston C. Howell (jazz =/= R&B, so it really comes down to if John would go off of chair turns or off of who was ready for the live shows)

Would've lost:

  • Katie Kadan (self-explanatory, at least he wouldn't have been montaged though)
  • Marybeth Byrd (this is an apples-to-oranges scenario but Marybeth being a non-Blake country-adjacent artist made her a relatively safe bet for the public vote in the playoffs)
  • Will Breman (John's "they fascinate me" artist, so Will would've won despite a lower number of chairs turned in the blinds)
  • Khalea Lynee (R&B vs. R&B and Khalea was the closest thing on Team Legend to competition for Rose/Myracle on Team Gwen, which makes me suspect she'd have the upper hand)

Back on topic - I saw a Tessanne vs. Maelyn vs. Alisan proposed team matchup if they were all in the same season, here's how I'd handle that with the current S19 panel:

  • Keep Maelyn with John (since of their three coaches he's the only one still on the show)
  • Switch Tessanne from Adam to Kelly (Kelly would have first-hand understanding of the vocal nuances that come with having a big voice, though I'll admit Gwen would know how to tap the reggae angle better)
  • With the current panel, Alisan goes to Blake (she did a good bit of bluesy/country-ish stuff on the show, so Blake is the most clear-cut choice here though I can see her also picking Kelly)
Link to post
Share on other sites

Here are some more that I thought of

 

Mikele Buck with Blake (s15): I feel Mikele would have made Lives but would not have been saved to advance to Top 13.

 

Jej Vinson with Kelly (s17): With the right song choices he could have been a serious threat and with the fair enough format that season compared to 16, I can see him reaching Semis.

 

Audri Bartholomew with John (s16): Audri with John would be an interesting pairing and with her in Cross Battles, she could have been a threat. She had an amazing blind but her run was cut short.

 

Mandi Castillo with Kelly (s18): Mandi and Kelly would have been a perfect duo and was a missed opportunity. Would have loved what Kelly would have done for her throughout the competition.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/28/2020 at 7:59 AM, Zainab Tufail said:

If Toneisha was on S2 I am 100% sure that she would've won  

 

Unless she were on Team Adam, in which case Adam would give most of his points to his other contestant in the semifinals, thus preventing the contestant with the popular vote from advancing. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/4/2020 at 12:38 AM, Vinyl said:

 

Unless she were on Team Adam, in which case Adam would give most of his points to his other contestant in the semifinals, thus preventing the contestant with the popular vote from advancing. 

We don't know that Adam would give the most points to his other contestant , I mean Adam liked Tonny but Toneisha is just on another level

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...