Song choices for the Instant Save tonight.

Misirlou

A quick little thread here. Assuming the 5 ladies are going to fight on the IS tonight, I expected this to be a massacre on IDF, since all of them are well liked here. What song choices do you think they should pull out tonight or  you want your favorite to do tonight in order to get saved?

I just hope Megan sing something like Million Reason or Girl Crush if she have to sing. 

Zan should definitely sing gospel like who you say i am maybe. 

it's hard seeing my snowflakes struggling hmmm. 

• Like 1

For each to win..(assuming "Hallelujah" is off the table)

Joanna is well liked by the audience, as shown from last week. It's her song choice that kills her. She NEEDS to appeal to general audience with a generic song. I've been wanting an Amy or Joss cover because that fits so well with her voice..but she needs to be even less polarizing than that. I think "At Last" would be her best choice. (She also can't have the vocal issues that she had last night.) Also disagree completely with Blake. Joanna gets pitchy when she belts. Avoid that, and flutter in her head voice. 

Allegra..I have no idea why she keeps singing standards. Minivan even liked her re-doing of pop songs. Sing a slowed down version of a pop song (that is well loved by older people). Maybe the Chris Cornell version of "Billie Jean." 

Toneisha...she can win this by both being Team Blake (totally depends on which of the two Blake pushes), and being the best singer. Not all divas are equal for voters. Go Whitney or go home. (And she better sing it well). "I Have Nothing" would fit really well with her vocal range. 

Zan..Zan has Joanna's problem in that, she's been too weird. She needs to keep her indie flavor while singing a song the audience likes. She could go full troll and take "The Blower's Daughter" from Tstorm. 

I'm not convinced Meghan didn't make the finale over Micah. Micah is a better technical song, but he went early in the show and Team Minivan had plenty to choose from. Meanwhile, Kelly fans likely got the major hint from Kelly that Kelly prefers Meghan. 

So..for Micah..if he needs to sing..again...these artists have been ridiculous with their song choices. Sing something well known and not boring and he'd probably get an easy win..nice combo of being one of the best technical singers, Team Blake vote splitting, and being a man. But he'd probably chose "Shine On." Staying with the Sawyer playlist, I think "Iris" would be a good pick for him. 

Now, if Meghan needs it..I expect her to be the contestant that is pimped, as she is Kelly's "bae." I agree with "Million Reasons." It's a ballad that the audience knows and loves. She's comfortable with it, and it fits her voice. 

• Like 1

Joanna - Amy Winehouse song I feel. Go with "Valerie" or maybe "You Make Me Feel Like A Natural Woman" it worked for Rose last season.

Zan - Worship song. Final shot, or maybe go with "Hallelujah" idk last ditch effort needs to be big if you are already in 9th place overall lmao.

Allegra - back to your roots girl, change a alt-pop hit into your own indie style. "Yellow" or maybe even a country ballad for the votes. 

Toneisha - prob a worship song tbh, or heavy powerballad.

Micah - some Halsey song again idk lmao. Go with your roots as well "Fix You" tbh would work.

9 hours ago, azwige said:

I just hope Megan sing something like Million Reason or Girl Crush if she have to sing. 

Zan should definitely sing gospel like who you say i am maybe. 

it's hard seeing my snowflakes struggling hmmm. 

I agree for both of the songs for megan! She's sung them super well in the past