idolforums.com

3 minutes ago, thevoiceswimmer said:

Question: Do they show the blinds in the exact order that they come? Because I thought Virginia was a weak lead and the TVAUS usually has lots of 4 chair turns in the beginning and almost none at the end

I don't know, but it's fair to assume it isn't in order based on TVUS's practices.

I thought it was a good premeire. I like it better than last year's even though Chynna >>>> everyone this episode.

1. Stellar Perry - she was stellar (sorry I just had to!), the best of the bunch by far.

2. Roxane Lebrasse - not sold on the song choice, but she's not bad. If she goes far she might be the diva of the season.

3. Virginia Lillye - solid audition, but I've heard this song done better.

4. Josh Pywell - every season of TVAUS has some form of reincarnation of this guy. He's like the Aussie version of the country guys on TVUS.

5. Adam Ludewig - I really don't like the way he was speeding through the lyrics. He's very green though, so that just might be nerves. Based on the extensive promos, I think he's gonna go far. Let's hope he'll get better and not so on-the-nose song choices like this one.

6. Despina Savva - the affectation is just... too much.

Random thoughts:

- The coaches here are always extremely trigger-happy. I wonder if this season will get like 20 4-chair turners like season 7. It kinda diluted the auditions for me (insert Oprah meme here).

- That block was a real low blow, but I'm not surprise. The rule book of TVAUS has been chalked full of rule breakers, from Jessie J forming a duo on the spot, to Kelly doing the same so she could have one more steal, to Delta changing her steal midway because she wasn't getting the singer she wanted. Good thing I watch  online so I can skip all the manufactured drama.  

• Like 1

My ranking of night one

1. Roxane Lebrassie 

2. Despina Savva

3. Stellar Perry

4. Adam Ludewig

5. Josh Pywell

6. Virginia Lillye

7. Jon Wiza 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

1. Stellar Perry (A): Easily the best of the night, but that late performance block is unfair. I'm fine with blocks, but not after they've turned. Overall, she's the one to watch so far.

2. Adam Ludewig (A-): Really strong and I'm confident he can perform even better!

3. Roxane LeBrasse (B+): Strong vocals and I'm a fan of the song choice. Hoping to see her last a couple more rounds on here! 

4. Josh Pywell (B): He's better than he thinks he is. It was a fun little performance, albeit a little cheesy. Hope he can step up to the plate and not crack in the next few rounds.

5. Despina Savva (B): A pretty solid performance! We're just gonna have to wait and see how she stands up against all the other teen pop girls. She got the bonus of having a spot in the premiere, so maybe that will do her well.

6. Virginia Lillye (C+): For a performer like Virginia - and for someone singing Barracuda - I think you need to rank them on a different scale. She's doing a song that most of the other contestants wouldn't even attempt, but the fact is, she was just okay. She's sweet and seems very fun, but Barracuda's been done better several times over.

7. Jon Wiza (C-): He wasn't awful, but as said before, he wasn't on his A-game here. He would've gotten a chair turn for sure with a stronger performance - he's capable. He's under "Juan Manuel Guiza" for La Voz Colombia but none of their performance appear to be on YouTube.

If I were making a team on the app, I'd definitely have Stellar, Adam, and Roxane as a placeholder (unless this season goes under very quickly lol)

Edited by Someone648
  • Like 1

1- Adam Ludewig. Awesome job.

2- Stellar Perry. Seems similar to Diana from last season so far. 

Didn't really feel the rest, Roxane had good vocals as well but nothing special.

• Like 1

Solid episode! Not as good as last season's premiere, but got a few people I was a fan of.

Adam Ludewig - 8/10 - Didn't like how quick the song was, but he's clearly a good singer. Grew on me after a few listens.

Despina Savva - 9/10 - Guess I'm in the minority here, but this was amazing! Her tone is really cool, and I could see her making a good run in this competition.

Roxane LeBrasse - 8.5/10 - Solid audition, but I feel she could deliver an even better performance along the line. 

Virginia Lillye - 6.5/10 - Wasn't really a fan, although it wasn't horrible. Surprised I didn't like this, because I usually gravitate towards female rockers. Like the tone, but her vocals were a bit lackluster.

Jon Wiza - 4.5/10 - As the judges said, his voice is kind of weak. Not terrible, but I'd have to say he wasn't deserving of a chair turn.

Josh Pywell - 7/10 - He has an interesting voice, but the song choice was a bit corny.

Stellar Perry - 10/10 - Fantastic! Easily the best of the night, basically a perfect performance. Could see her making it a long way in the competition/

• Like 1

6 hours ago, longtimelurker said:

Delta changing her steal midway because she wasn't getting the singer she wanted

What season is this?

• Like 1

Per the promo, we’re getting Janie, Chris, and Timothy tonight.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Contestants are told when they'll be on:

-Janie Gordon, Chris Sebastian, and Timothy James Bowen will be on tonight, per the promo

-JIMI THE KWEEN is on tonight (IG)

-STEPHANIE COLE is on tonight (IG)

-Jesse Teinaki says he'll be on Tuesday night

-Ella Monnery says she'll be on Tuesday night

-Olivia Grace says she'll be on Tuesday night

-Sebastian Coe says he'll be on Tuesday night

Also, Imogen Spong's story has a clip of her and Luke Kennedy with "VOCAL COACH" shirts on. I'm pretty sure they're not contestants then.

Edited by Someone648
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, longtimelurker said:

- The coaches here are always extremely trigger-happy. I wonder if this season will get like 20 4-chair turners like season 7. It kinda diluted the auditions for me (insert Oprah meme here).

- That block was a real low blow, but I'm not surprise. The rule book of TVAUS has been chalked full of rule breakers, from Jessie J forming a duo on the spot, to Kelly doing the same so she could have one more steal, to Delta changing her steal midway because she wasn't getting the singer she wanted. Good thing I watch  online so I can skip all the manufactured drama.  

I fully believe half of people on this season are 4 chairs LOL.

7 hours ago, thevoiceisthetop said:

i don´t think there´s studios

Sadly that might be correct. :(

2 hours ago, anonymouskid_35 said:

What season is this?

Last season. Delta tried to steal Chriddy Black from Guy but Chriddy chose to return to Guy's team. After the rejection, Delta stole another loser from the same KO (Jesse Teinaki), and the other coaches thought it was cheating.

https://www.msn.com/en-nz/entertainment/entertainmenttv/ive-gone-rogue-the-voices-delta-goodrem-accused-of-cheating-as-she-saves-guy-sebastians-act-just-moments-after-failing-to-steal-another-of-his-singers/ar-AACIQqN

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Someone648 said:

-Janie Gordon, Chris Sebastian, and Timothy James Bowen will be on tonight, per the promo

Timothy and Jesse :clap:

Based on the preview for tonight's episode, Chris Sebastian is a confirmed 4 chair turner, which is actually not surprising lol. Also, there's this young gal that is 4 chairs also (not Janie)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Someone648 said:

Also, Imogen Spong's story has a clip of her and Luke Kennedy with "VOCAL COACH" shirts on. I'm pretty sure they're not contestants then.

I'm very interested to see how Jesse's audition goes - in particular if they will mention Natasha Stuart's passing and pay respects to her, seeing as she was competing againstJesse when he got kicked off last season. I hope they do, and I hope he goes well in his audition as well

Chris Sebastian is a definite Team Kelly for tonight - he did some interview where he said Guy's opinion meant a lot to him but he would never pick him as a coach. Kelly is probably the best coach for him in terms of genre and voice, but I'm still not too sure how I feel about a coach's brother being on the show - conflict of interest and whatnot

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, anonymouskid_35 said:

Wow, Guy's team is really off to a strong start

I thought the same thing last year and then he butchered all the contestants’ song choices and didn’t end up with any in the final. It’ll be interesting to see if he’ll do better this year.

I actually think Delta’s team is quite strong too- Stellar is a powerhouse vocalist similar to Diana Rouvas from last year, but has a rawness that Diana didn’t have as she was quite technical. Janie reminds me of Celia Pavey aka Veranda Blue- her tone is quite unique but I don’t think she’ll win. 

The last contestant from tonight’s episode is a definite front-runner, so it’ll be interesting to see what Guy does with him. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Episode 2

Janie Gordon - Songbird by Fleetwood Mac, Everyone Turned - Picked Team Delta

Stephanie Cole - The Middle by Zedd, Turned Guy and Delta - Picked Team Guy

All Star Chris Sebastian - Jealous by Labrinth, Everyone turned - Picked Team Kelly

Charlie MacFarlane -  Sign of the Times by Harry Styles, George and Kelly turned - Picked Team Kelly

Megan Vuilleman - Emotion by Destiny´s Child,  No Chair Turns

Jimi the Kween - Wicked Game by Chris Issak, Everyone Tuned - Picked Team Guy

Timothy Bowen - I Can´t Make You Love Me by Bonnie Raitt, Everyone Turned -  Picked Team Guy

Team Guy Sebastian

Adam Ludewig

Josh Pywell

Stephanie Cole

Jimi the Kween

Timothy James Bowen

Team Delta

Stellar Perry

Janie Gordon

Team Boy George

Virginia Lillye

Despina Savva

Roxane Lebrasse

Team Kelly 

Chris Sebastian

Charlie McFarlane 

Edited by thevoiceisthetop

Posted (edited)

Episode 2 commentary!

JANIE GORDON, 4 chairs, Team Delta

This was a fine performance, very tentative and a little bit shaky, but lots of potential. No chair for me though, she's not my style.

STEPHANIE COLE, Guy and Delta turned, Team Guy

Yikes, I don't like her voice with this song. Her tone sounds really affected and forced. No chair.

CHRIS SEBASTIAN, All-Star, 4 chairs, Team Kelly

Not my favorite rendition of Jealous, felt oversung to me. I do like his tone and I hope he chooses better fitting songs. No chair.

CHARLIE MCFARLANE, George and Kelly turned, Team Kelly

OK, here's the thing, this guy is basically another version of Josh Pywell from yesterday's episode and I acknowledge that this is not in any way the best performance of this song ever, but I kinda dig this guy's voice and vibe so much better than Josh's. He sounds much cooler and modern. Or maybe it's just the accent, I always found Scottish accents pleasing to the ear. Oh, you know who he reminds me of? A younger version of Stevie McCrorie from TVUKS4. There's potential here. Chair turn from MJ!

JIMI THE KWEEN, 4 chairs, Team Guy

I was waiting for the performance to reach some sort of climax, and it didn't go anywhere worthwhile for me. I expected more panache from a drag queen. 4 chairs, really? No chair.

MEGAN VUILLEMAIN, No chairs

Yikes. She's under the pitch the whole time. And she has little character to her voice and stage presence. No chair.

TIMOTHY JAMES BOWEN, 4 chairs, Team Guy

Yeah, I've heard a lot of this guy's material before the show premiere, including that pretty original song he sang after his blind, and he's right smack dab in the middle of my alley. Love the texture of his voice, and while I'm not too fond of his song choice (it made his performance pale in comparison to a LOT of amazing covers of this song), I can't help but be intrigued to what he has to say. I hope he'll be the token male singer/songwriter artist this season, like Daniel Shaw, but earthier. Chair turn from MJ!

PERSONAL TEAM STANDINGS:

1. Stellar Perry (4 chairs, Team Delta)

2. Charlie McFarlane (2 chairs, Team Kelly)

3. Timothy James Bowen (4 chairs, Team Guy)

Better than premiere for sure, we are starting to get our groove back. Woah at Team Guy getting all the people, they're really trying to make up for Guy's terrible team last season.

And random rant: the TVAU YT channel can suck it for reducing random artists's blind auditions to 30-second snippets. WTF? Thank God for OzTalent.

Edited by mjdolorico

Solid night, a few more people I’m going to be watching for.

Janie Gordon - 10/10 - My favorite so far, effortless and beautiful voice. Hope she makes it a long way.

Stephanie Cole - 6/10 - Sounded like she was yelling through the song tbh. Wasn’t horrible though.

Chris Sebastian - 9/10 - Loved this! One of the more technically impressive auditions so far this season.

Charlie McFarlane - 4.5/10 - Sounded tough in the beginning, and somewhat saved it at the end, but I was still surprised he got a turn.

Jimi the Kween - 8.5/10 - Really liked the tone of his voice. Really powerful as well.

Megan Vuillemain - 4/10 - I think she has a good voice but this was all over the place. A lot of missed notes.

Timothy James Bowen - 8.5/10 - Thought it was pretty solid, good song choice for his voice.

Posted (edited)

EPISODE 2 (Rankings (for me)):

1. Chris Sebastian (Team Kelly)- IDK but I totally loved his performance, there's something about his voice that tells me he can sing a lot of different songs with it, I can see him really going far in this competition (except if the public doesn't accept him because he is already a brother of the coach). One of my favorites for sure! I'll be rooting for him, it's just right that he picked Kelly. Hopefully Kelly will do his voice more justice as the competition progresses by.

2. Timothy James Bowden (Team Guy)- yeah, for me he reminds me of Daniel Shaw last season but his voice is more earthier, stronger which is good because he can do a lot of things. I loved his original song though! Exciting on what Guy would do with him, hoping he don't screw him over with the song choices 😬

3. Jimi the Kween (Team Guy)- I love his voice, reminds me of Sheldon from last season too, not because they are both ya know, but because their voice is hauntingly beautiful and strong. But this performance did not fully showed his capabilities as a singer, it is kinda weak.

4. Janie Gordon (Team Delta)- I super love her tone, it is so soothingly beautiful. However this performance of hers is kinda shaky, and I expected more from her because of the sneak peek but I don't think this showed her true voice. I do love girls with potential though! Hopefully Delta will pick good songs to her.

5. Charlie McFarlane- just like MJ said, his aura reminds me of Josh from last night, but he's got this interesting accent that he applies when he sings, he's got beautiful and manly tone. For now, I can't see him going far but with the right coaching and song choices, who knows?

6. Stephanie Cole (Team Guy)- uhm yeah she's got range. But her way of belting makes others think that she's screaming. I do think she's like a bit Despina from yesterday but her voice is stronger and presence is better but both of them have something off about them, with the right song choice maybe she'll be going to Lives, but I can't see her staying long in Guy's team though, I can see that one of the other coaches will steal her.

7. Megan Vuillemain- she is super shaky and nervous in her audition, which is no surprise that she didn't get a chair turned. But her duet with Kelly is amazeballs 🤩

Overall, I do like this episode better than yesterday, I'm excited for tomorrow for Jessie and other contestants! 

Edited by anonymouskid_35

Lmao at how many 4 chair turners we've got so far :lmao:

I really like Janie Gordon's tone, she has a lot of potential. Though I agree that her performance was shaky. 

I also like Timothy's performance, idk how to expain it, it sounded genuine and beliavable. 

• Haha 1

1. Janie Gordon (A-): Such a pretty tone and I agree she was a little green, but if this was her now, imagine how much she can grow.

2. Jimi the Kween (B+): I thought this was a really cool performance. I agree with the Sheldon comparison, so I'm worried he'll be dismissed as an inferior version

3. Timothy Bowen (B): I really liked his voice, I just felt that his performance was bit same-samey. Like he just kept doing the same sequence of notes over and over again. 

4. Chris Sebastian (B-): I feel there's a lot of potential there, but to me the end of each phrase fell off

5. Stephanie Cole (C+): Her voice was big, but it felt like there was more power than control there, a lack of finesse in it. Seems like a knockout elimination to me

6. Charlie McFarlane (C): Bleh, Josh >> Charlie any day of the week

1. Janie Gordon (A-): Beautiful performance. Not technically perfect, but she showed off just enough. I hope she goes far!

2. Chris Sebastian (B): A lot of room for growth from him and he's already done a solid job.

3. Charlie McFarlane (B-): Weaker towards the end, but as a whole he was pretty decent.

4. Timothy James Bowen (B-): Obviously a great storytelling voice but I honestly don't care for this song ever. Nothing about it felt as special as Delta made it out to be...

5. Jimi the Kween (C+): I'm only basing this off of one lower quality YT video since neither OZTalent nor The Voice Australia has shared the video

6. Stephanie Cole (C😞 She's fine, just not something I'm interested in hearing again for the moment. Maybe she'll surprise in KO's, but I wouldn't place a bet on that yet.

I'd add Janie and Chris to my team (with Stella, Adam, and Roxane)