Just now, anonymouskid_35 said:

Stellar is actually really praised for her beautiful soul, I knew it from the moment I saw her, she seems so kind and down to earth

Absolutely!! And I think they're basing their 'winner predictions' on how they are backstage and whether they're close behind the scenes - I think Siala is crazy talented however maybe not as social with the other contestants? Whereas I can definitely see that Stellar gets along well with everyone and she seems to be hilarious as well

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Australia:     Me reading all the whining from social media:    

Songs for tonight: Siala Robson vs. Despina Savva - Teenage Fantasy (Jorja Smith) Stellar Perry vs. Matt Gresham - Slide Away (Miley Cyrus) Claudia Harrison vs. Maddy Thomas - Dreams (T

Tbh, Jesse is WAY too basic. Sorry not sorry

Posted Images

I'm a bit confused about how many songs the Top 4 are singing in the grand finale - is each contestant performing 3 in total:

1. a cover

2. a duet with their coach/guest mentor

3. an original song?

The article on 9Now says: "The four original songs to be sung in The Voice Grand Finale have been revealed and are available to stream now. but usually only the winner sings their song once they've been announced as the winner. 

https://9now.nine.com.au/the-voice/the-four-unique-voice-grand-finale-songs-revealed-australia-2020/e9cbf77d-cd3e-4f6a-98b4-8e673c432336

The grand final's only supposed to be 2 hrs long (7pm-9pm this Sunday)

The description for the grand finale:

The top four artists compete for the title of The Voice Australia 2020 in a huge public vote; duets with Guy Sebastian, The Veronicas, Daryl Braithwaite, and a special performance from Delta Goodrem.

from the sneak peek 

Siala - God is a woman

Stellar - anyone

Johnny - my heart will go on

i couldnt hear what chris is singing tho

Edited by azwige
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, azwige said:

Johnny - my heart will go on

Oh my lord, and he is back at it again! I don't think this'll get him more attention than his past performance. This was just a bummer song choice. Siala has a really good song choice, I think she's got it 

(still lowkey hoping for Stellar to pull an upset though 😂)

• Like 2

I'm fine with either Stellar or Siala winning. I prefer Stellar's lane/tone but Siala is very unique, current and also had a pretty steady run. Johnny at least amazes me vocally, Chris does absolutely nothing to me. Ultimately, I'd want

1. Stellar

2. Siala

3. Johnny

4. Chris

Edited by antikid
  • Like 1

I'll take:

1. Chris - He's been very consistent throughout his run and even though I hated some of his song choices, he's just been solid overall.

2. Siala - She's super talented and it would be great to have a different type of winner for once. 

3. Stellar - She's obviously great but both of her performances this week were a step down so I'm dropping her just below Siala.

4. Johnny - I was never able to get into him, period. Great vocal talent but he's uninteresting.

21 minutes ago, ashwinner said:

if anything, I just hope Chris doesn't win

From the snippets I've seen on YouTube, he's been very consistent, but if he were to win I could see that causing backlash given he's Guy's brother and people might accuse the producers of playing favorites/rigging it in his favor because of his brother's ties to the show (even though he's not even on Guy's team). It's not implausible as all four remaining are very, very good, but it's the trickiest of the outcomes to navigate without stirring up issues.

1 hour ago, VintageVoice said:

From the snippets I've seen on YouTube, he's been very consistent, but if he were to win I could see that causing backlash given he's Guy's brother and people might accuse the producers of playing favorites/rigging it in his favor because of his brother's ties to the show (even though he's not even on Guy's team). It's not implausible as all four remaining are very, very good, but it's the trickiest of the outcomes to navigate without stirring up issues.

I dont mean to be that guy cause I know Chris is good, but I wouldn't be surprised if the grande finale is at least a little tampered with

Sportsbet probably isn't the most accurate, but for reference it seems Siala has quite short odds and Johnny is quite close

https://www.sportsbet.com.au/betting/novelty-bets/the-voice-australia/the-voice-australia-2020-5209095

Johnny's song choice is interesting - probably not the best decision for a grand finale, but I'm assuming most people have already voted before watching the grand finale anyway. 

7 hours ago, ashwinner said:

I dont mean to be that guy cause I know Chris is good, but I wouldn't be surprised if the grande finale is at least a little tampered with

I'm expecting Chris to place 4th, or at best 3rd. The competition is too good that the public would rather vote for Johnny/Siala/Stellar than 'Guy's brother'  (I know he's much more than that, but Chris will always be remembered as Guy's brother). 

It would be a completely different story if Chris was miles better than the other finalists, but the fact that the entire Top 4 is on the same level (or potentially better) than Chris makes it hard to ignore that his brother is on the coaching panel.

Edited by Rach88
9 hours ago, VintageVoice said:

From the snippets I've seen on YouTube, he's been very consistent

Yeah, actually for me, Chris is the most consistent on giving good performances among the 4. But, for me, maybe for many, he delivers good but mediocre performance every time, the only time I am impressed with him was last week with Attention and Before You Go. I also feel like there was nothing extraordinary on him except his runs, tbh.

Unlike, the other 3 artists, I felt like they were more capable of giving some wow worthy performances, and can bring more to the table. Siala being super original and current (can rap also), Johnny having such soulful and rangey voice, Stellar being capable of giving emotions when she sings.

I honestly would love Chris to place higher, but truth to be told, I can see him placing 4th. There is no way Stellar will be 4th, they'll probably pimp her. In the case of Johnny and Siala, even if they bus them with the performance order, I still can see them placing higher than Chris.

11 hours ago, Rach88 said:

I'm expecting Chris to place 4th, or at best 3rd. The competition is too good that the public would rather vote for Johnny/Siala/Stellar than 'Guy's brother'  (I know he's much more than that, but Chris will always be remembered as Guy's brother). 

It would be a completely different story if Chris was miles better than the other finalists, but the fact that the entire Top 4 is on the same level (or potentially better) than Chris makes it hard to ignore that his brother is on the coaching panel.

I agree that I dont think he'll place high. I in fact think his cap will be 4th place; this season is strong. for some reason, something about him makes me cringe? like his runs feel very out of place and they're literally just placed there in a vacuum? compared to like Joanna's (slightly) more toned down AFM which was full of runs and vocal tricks but they were part of the song instead of like finishing a line and then after that providing an unnecessary run. And of course, the QUEEN of adding a bunch of runs everywhere, Allegra, I feel handles it well by implementing them into the song instead of just like putting a run like w/o a lyric after finishing a line (I'm looking at you, Chris' first line in Titanium).

• Like 1
44 minutes ago, ashwinner said:

something about him makes me cringe? like his runs feel very out of place and they're literally just placed there in a vacuum?

His runs are on point when he sang Attention last week, for me. But my main problem with him is his voice tends to be nasally, to which is why I felt that I can't understand him sometimes, especially in Attention, he was like holding his breath on his nose while singing 😂

Edited by anonymouskid_35
  • Like 2
1 hour ago, anonymouskid_35 said:

His runs are on point when he sang Attention last week, for me. But my main problem with him is his voice tends to be nasally, to which is why I felt that I can't understand him sometimes, especially in Attention, he was like holding his breath on his nose while singing 😂

I think this is it actually, you're right

Although it seems a Johnny win is inevitable, I am praying for a S5-style upset. Oz may still be sore with all the Guy shenanigans this season and Siala/Stellar may just sneak in the casual votes and clinch it, especially with those songs.

3 hours ago, mjdolorico said:

Siala/Stellar may just sneak in the casual votes and clinch it, especially with those songs.

Actually, Johnny got only more popular than Siala bc of his last performance. But, his last performances was criticized (only the facebook community likes it lmao). I just hope that not all have already putted their votes, because Johnny might really win

Performance order is so crucial when the public votes, although it'll be more fair in the grand finale as all the artists are performing at least two songs each. 

Last year I remember Sheldon was singing last in the semi-final and viewers complained that voting closed as soon as he finished performing, not to mention the website had also crashed. Not to say that he would've gone through anyway, but I feel that it's unfair to the artists who perform towards the end and then the voting window doesn't give viewers enough time to vote. 

3 hours ago, anonymouskid_35 said:

I just hope that not all have already putted their votes, because Johnny might really win

I also hope that too - it seems like we're going to be basing the winner off semi-final performances because I'm guessing most people have already put their votes in. I think Stellar and Siala's performances will be epic tomorrow night