idolforums.com

Just now, dioko said:

okay I'm sorry Kelly lmao Alex and Chris can go tbh

Absolutely! Chris smashed Jealous in his blinds and now he's doing Attention by Charlie Puth? It just seems a bit too monotonous and safe for me. No doubt Kelly will pick him anyway

8 minutes ago, Rach88 said:

Absolutely! Chris smashed Jealous in his blinds and now he's doing Attention by Charlie Puth? It just seems a bit too monotonous and safe for me. No doubt Kelly will pick him anyway

for me is less that he's playing it safe and more that I think that song is trash tbh lmao but yeah Kelly ain't letting him go, not in showdowns at least.

Like a Prayer for me is actually a good song, just depends on the taste. There are other versions of it that is competition-worthy. It is actually smart for Stellar to pick a song that isn't emotional sad or something, I just want a new side of her, and that is what also Delta wants

Just now, anonymouskid_35 said:

Like a Prayer for me is actually a good song, just depends on the taste. There are other versions of it that is competition-worthy. It is actually smart for Stellar to pick a song that isn't emotional sad or something, I just want a new side of her, and that is what also Delta wants

Looking from that perspective I totally agree with you! It's a good idea - Delta keeps saying she needs to see fire from Stellar and to not get too emotional. By singing an uplifting song like that it also shows she's versatile. From what I've previously seen (she has some music on Spotify under a different name) I'm pretty sure the music Stellar used to release was much more electro-pop rather than emotional ballads. 

ok am i the only wondering how sapphire didnt get through 

like she should have won her playoff and let alone didnt even get the wc

wtf???

• Like 2

Interesting that the promo for next week says 'Australia, you vote... you decide who goes through to the grand finale' - I'm not sure that's entirely correct.

Seeing as they filmed the grand final today, I don't think they got all the semi-finalists to perform a song and filmed 8 'winner' reactions. My guess is the coaches have already picked their top artist and therefore the 4 grand-finalists have already been decided. 

Public voting will most likely only be done for the winner

I have to say the addition of 2 hosts still hasn't made sense to me - it seems like they take it in turns getting coaches feedback after performances so they're never utilised at the same time? 

It's not like DWTS where there's a host on the ballroom getting judges feedback and then another one upstairs for the scoring - we hardly saw Renee and Darren in the blinds, and so far in the battles/playoffs it could easily be a 1-person job.

Playoffs #3 Commentary!

Bolded is my personal winner, underlined is the actual winner.

Steve Clisby vs. Emmagen Rain

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xfVJRgErvC8

I think both of these guys got terrific song choices for their voices. Steve is finally sounding like his authentic self, and Emmagen got her chance to show her voice in a more intimate, emotional setting. Her rawness is no match for Steve's weathered tone though, but good job to Emmagen for showing a different side to her.

Virginia Lillye vs. Sapphire Tamalemai

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JvSxNeO0qqY

Virginia may be a one-note artist, but I cannot deny that she is great in her niche. I do think she had some phrasing issues towards the end. Sapphire was on another level though. I was really impressed by her control and she emoted really well on her song. I'm a little baffled at George's decision to go with Virginia, but clearly he had more fun coaching her than Sapphire. Hoping for a WC for Sapphire.

Soma Sutton vs. Stephanie Cole

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mcGqju7TFQE

I actually really dug Soma's song choice and how she fit the song to her very sultry style. The rapping was a nice surprise too. Unfortunately she just has this tone that does not project well on a stage as big and noisy as TVAU. It's telling that I enjoyed her studio so much more than her actual live performance. Stephanie surprised me a lot with her terrific song choice and confidence. I totally agree with the coach's comments that there's a freedom to her performance that was very fun to watch. Stephanie earned her place for sure. As for the Soma drama, I think she just got caught up in the moment. She could have phrased her words a little better because I do think it's valid for her to question the words that the coaches were feeding to her, because if she didn't say the bit about her not wanting to be there in the first place, we could have avoided so much grief. I won't hold it against her though, because we have no idea how much of Soma's words the show actually showed. Gotta get that #Drama!

Lyric McFarland vs. Chris Sebastian

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-PJ6wOmSH6E

I am honestly so over Bruno Mars at this point in my life so I was not that excited for this playoff. I will say that Lyric gave her best vocal performance on TVAU so far (including her S2 performances). She was in the zone and she made use of her limited but still impressive range. As for Chris, I hate the song he got, and I wish he'd just stick to being a balladeer, but his performance was not as big of a trainwreck as I thought it was gonna be. He actually managed to keep up with the song and maintain his voice, so big props to that. Not sure if it warranted him getting through over Lyric, but Kelly does have 2 WCs now so she has the opportunity to preserve the talent on her team.

Personal choices for Wildcards:

Team Delta: Stellar Perry/Graeme Isaako

Team Guy: Matt Gresham

Team George: Sapphire Tamalemai

Team Kelly: Lyric McFarland & Despina Savva

Actual Wildcards:

Team Delta: Stellar Perry

Team George: Elyse Sene-Lefao

I am only really surprised at Team George's decision, which I did not expect. Sapphire seems to be someone that George gravitates to. I guess she's being set up to become a future All-Star? I hope so!

PERSONAL TEAM STANDINGS:'

Underlined are the people I'm taking through the next round.

Stellar Perry vs. Claudia Harrison

Timothy James Bowen vs. Elyse Sene-Lefao

Alex Weybury vs. Matt Gresham

Johnny Manuel vs. Jesse Teinaki

I am actually kinda regretting some of the decisions I made in previous rounds. So since this season is the rule-breaking season, imma cheat a little and use my WC on someone that I shouldn't have dropped in the battles. Gotta stay on brand, lol.

And that person is...... Clarissa Spata

My Top 5 now, in no particular order, is:

Stellar Perry

Timothy James Bowen

Matt Gresham

Jesse Teinaki

Clarissa Spata

Super happy with my team this season, I really think all of them can go all the way and bring it home!

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, mjdolorico said:

Playoffs #3 Commentary!

Bolded is my personal winner, underlined is the actual winner.

Steve Clisby vs. Emmagen Rain

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xfVJRgErvC8

I think both of these guys got terrific song choices for their voices. Steve is finally sounding like his authentic self, and Emmagen got her chance to show her voice in a more intimate, emotional setting. Her rawness is no match for Steve's weathered tone though, but good job to Emmagen for showing a different side to her.

Virginia Lillye vs. Sapphire Tamalemai

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JvSxNeO0qqY

Virginia may be a one-note artist, but I cannot deny that she is great in her niche. I do think she had some phrasing issues towards the end. Sapphire was on another level though. I was really impressed by her control and she emoted really well on her song. I'm a little baffled at George's decision to go with Virginia, but clearly he had more fun coaching her than Sapphire. Hoping for a WC for Sapphire.

Soma Sutton vs. Stephanie Cole

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mcGqju7TFQE

I actually really dug Soma's song choice and how she fit the song to her very sultry style. The rapping was a nice surprise too. Unfortunately she just has this tone that does not project well on a stage as big and noisy as TVAU. It's telling that I enjoyed her studio so much more than her actual live performance. Stephanie surprised me a lot with her terrific song choice and confidence. I totally agree with the coach's comments that there's a freedom to her performance that was very fun to watch. Stephanie earned her place for sure. As for the Soma drama, I think she just got caught up in the moment. She could have phrased her words a little better because I do think it's valid for her to question the words that the coaches were feeding to her, because if she didn't say the bit about her not wanting to be there in the first place, we could have avoided so much grief. I won't hold it against her though, because we have no idea how much of Soma's words the show actually showed. Gotta get that #Drama!

Lyric McFarland vs. Chris Sebastian

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-PJ6wOmSH6E

I am honestly so over Bruno Mars at this point in my life so I was not that excited for this playoff. I will say that Lyric gave her best vocal performance on TVAU so far (including her S2 performances). She was in the zone and she made use of her limited but still impressive range. As for Chris, I hate the song he got, and I wish he'd just stick to being a balladeer, but his performance was not as big of a trainwreck as I thought it was gonna be. He actually managed to keep up with the song and maintain his voice, so big props to that. Not sure if it warranted him getting through over Lyric, but Kelly does have 2 WCs now so she has the opportunity to preserve the talent on her team.

Personal choices for Wildcards:

Team Delta: Stellar Perry/Graeme Isaako

Team George: Sapphire Tamalemai

Actual Wildcards:

Team Delta: Stellar Perry

Team George: Elyse Sene-Lefao

I am only really surprised at Team George's decision, which I did not expect. Sapphire seems to be someone that George gravitates to. I guess she's being set up to become a future All-Star? I hope so!

PERSONAL TEAM STANDINGS:'

Underlined are the people I'm taking through the next round.

Stellar Perry vs. Claudia Harrison

Timothy James Bowen vs. Elyse Sene-Lefao

Alex Weybury vs. Matt Gresham

Johnny Manuel vs. Jesse Teinaki

I am actually kinda regretting some of the decisions I made in previous rounds. So since this season is the rule-breaking season, imma cheat a little and use my WC on someone that I shouldn't have dropped in the battles. Gotta stay on brand, lol.

And that person is...... Clarissa Spata

My Top 5 now, in no particular order, is:

Stellar Perry

Timothy James Bowen

Matt Gresham

Jesse Teinaki

Clarissa Spata

Super happy with my team this season, I really think all of them can go all the way and bring it home!

Love how you're basically doing your own redux during the season lmao

• Haha 1

I'll just do episode 2 and 3 at once lol:

Jesse Teinaki (9) vs. Stellar Perry (8.5) - I'm glad that they mentioned Stellar's minor issues because the emotion of the song took a bit of a toll on her vocals. Critiquing the frontrunner makes me feel alive lol. That's been my only complaint with her because otherwise, she's one of my favorites. My absolute favorite, however, didn't disappoint! Jesse's improved so much since last year, it's insane. You can hear how much more confident he's become in performing. Very glad to see both went through.

Chris Sebastian (8) vs. Lyric McFarland (8.5) - Chris wasn't technically "worse" than Lyric in my eyes, he was just given a song that wasn't vocally demanding whatsoever. He gave a quality performance of the song - but the bar is so low with that song that it's hard to be super impressed. As for Lyric, this is the best she's sounded all season. I think on paper, she was the rightful winner here, but as a big fan of both, I'm satisfied with the outcome. I don't think any less of Chris, it's just the nature of the song.

Virginia Lillye (7.5) vs. Sapphire Tamalemai (8.5) - Sapphire's elimination is definitely the most frustrating for me this season. I haven't even heard the coach feedback yet but Sapphire did absolutely fantastic with her song! Virginia did fine, but the problem: it's Chandelier - there's a million and five other versions to listen to and it was definitely bottom tier in terms of Chandelier covers we've heard. Her take was flawed and it didn't sound special at all. I don't think she was the rightful winner here, frankly. Sapphire also 100% deserved the save over Elyse. Delta's expression said it all...

Steve Clisby (8.5) vs. Emmagen Rain (7.5) - I was surprised with their performances. Steve's voice just felt like a warm hug (I literally wrote that before Delta said it, I swear!) and it was the most solid he's been so far this season. As for Emmagen, it was easily her best performance and I'm glad she did it well. Delta made the right choice here, but both definitely gave their best performances thus far. Also, Emmagen's "It's other people's time right now" when she didn't get the save had me HOWLING because of how overdramatic it was, but it was sweet. You could tell everyone viewed her as their little sister.

Angela Fabian (8) vs. Roxane LeBrasse (8) - Very glad that George got Angela to come out of her shell a bit more! She did very well with that. Roxane did about just as good in my opinion, but I feel like Angela was the worthy winner just based on the level of growth in confidence/variety that we've seen from her.

Timothy James Bowen (8) vs. Matt Gresham (8) - I'll say that this is the first performance from Timothy that I've actually enjoyed, but Matt was better. Both performances were pretty uninteresting though. Matt had more grit and rasp in his voice though and I'm drawn to that, so he's my personal winner. Glad he was saved, but I would've liked to see Wolf an extra round as well... his inevitable take on Doja Cat, as chosen by Guy, would've been interesting to hear.

Mark Furze (8) vs. Bo'Ness (7.5) - I'll echo what mj said - you can't do Dream On justice in only a minute. Mark definitely tried though and he gave his best performance so far, in my opinion. Bo'Ness did well, but it just doesn't stand out. One of them is better than the other, but I definitely appreciate their effort. They've been very consistent on the show. Mark was the deserving winner.

Goldi (7.5) vs. Claudia Harrison (7.5) - As rough as Guy's been this season, his Glee comment was one of the most spot-on things I've heard this season. Matt and Janie do sound good together, but they make no sense as a duo. It was a nice duet, but they're so different that it doesn't allow either of them to shine because they have to compromise so much. I think my issue with Claudia has been that she's got opera in her, but also a pop/singer-songwriter identity and both of them come out in her performances. I think she has an immense amount of potential and once she has a clearer idea of what kind of performer she wants to be/is, I think she would be a fantastic all-star. I could see that happening even next year for her. I did like Goldi a bit better, but I have heavy doubts about the duo.

Stephanie Cole (7.5) vs. Soma Sutton (7.5) - Lot of thoughts here: Soma's rap was a pleasant surprise, but that was the most redeeming part of her performance. Other than that, she didn't do much else to the song. Not the right choice for her. For Stephanie, she was once again just fine, but did nothing else to the song. On any other team, she would've been eliminated in battles without a steal. Guy just didn't get many females and sacrificed her only truly strong female (Elyse) in battles. Now - as for Soma's response - I'm very confident that her reaction was geared towards only Guy. I don't know her trauma or anything and I'm sure that has a lot to with her response, but I definitely appreciate that she expressed how disheartened she felt in that manner. Her "sure" after Guy's comments sounded half-sarcastic, but you could see she was more genuine with Kelly and George's feedback. It's clear that Guy's got some weird disconnect this season and maybe that was finally a contestant calling him out on it. And of course, COVID and social distancing and everything has made it all that much harder on all contestants, especially with the even more limited contact with coaches. I just think the pressure was too much for Soma so in a sense, I think Guy made the right call at sending her home, but I'm siding with Soma's argument here.

Elishia (4.5) vs. Jimi the Kween (4) - Kelly made the right decision. Neither deserved to go through. For Elishia, if I was forced to pick a winner, it would've been her simply because she was genuinely trying (even though she never got there vocally). Jimi's performance was one of the worst/most bland I've seen, especially this late in the competition.

TOP 8:

1. Jesse Teinaki (Delta)

2. Clarissa Spata (George Delta)

3. Chris Sebastian (Kelly)

4. Stellar Perry (Delta; up 1 from 5)

5. Despina Savva (George Kelly; up 1 from 6)

6. Steve Clisby (Delta; up 4 from 10)

7. Matt Gresham (Delta Guy; up 2 from 9)

8. Siala Robson (George; up 5 from 13)

Standby:

9. Johnny Manuel (Guy; up 2 from 11)

10. GOLDI (Delta; down 2 from 8 )

11. Elyse Sene-Lefao (Guy; George; up 1 from 12)

12. Lyric McFarland (Kelly; up 7 from 19)

Retired/Dropped off:

16. Angela Fabian (George)

14. Adam Ludewig (Guy)

23. Virginia Lillye (George)

24. Stephanie Cole (Guy)

Eliminated:

4. Sapphire Tamalemai (Kelly; George) - GIVE THIS GIRL AN ALL-STAR SPOT ASAP

7. Wolf Winters (Guy)

15. Roxane LeBrasse (George)

17. Nathan Isaac (George)

18. Graeme Isaako (Delta)

20. Soma Sutton (Kelly Guy)

21. Josh Pywell (Guy)

22. Bo'Ness (Kelly)

7 hours ago, Lux~ said:

ok am i the only wondering how sapphire didnt get through 

like she should have won her playoff and let alone didnt even get the wc

wtf???

I agree she was robbed

• Sad 1

On 6/16/2020 at 9:41 PM, searomordep said:

1.Johnny Manuel

2.Claudia Harrison

3.Masha Mnjoyan

4.Alex Weybury

5.Stellar Perry

6.Wolf Winters

7.Mark Furze

8.Chris Sebastian

9.Roxane Lebrasse

10.Jimi the Kween

11.Soma Sutton

12.Graeme Isaako

So, my team survived well to the battles. I had lost only Jimi and then she returned. Now, playoffs were brutal for my team and I lost half of them hahaha Let's see what I still got

1.Johnny Manuel

2.Claudia Harrison (Out in playoffs)

3.Masha Mnjoyan

4.Alex Weybury

5.Stellar Perry

6.Wolf Winters (Out in playoffs)

7.Mark Furze

8.Chris Sebastian

9.Roxane Lebrasse (Out in playoffs)

10.Jimi the Kween (Out in playoffs)

11.Soma Sutton (Out in playoffs)

12.Graeme Isaako (Out in playoffs)

Maybe, considering what we saw after auditions I would change some things, but I will keep my inicial choices to see how I'll get to the grand finale. I'll have at least one finalist considering I still have Chris, Mark and Alex, the favorites from Kelly. Stellar, Masha and Johnny each one on their teams has a chance to be on the final too.

From the ones that I lost, I think the playoffs was enogh for them, only Claudia and Wolf that I really wanted to see them continuing on the show even though they weren't good enough on this round. 

On 6/10/2020 at 8:51 PM, Theleaguan said:

My favorites so far

1- Adam Ludewig - Team Guy

2- Stellar Perry - Team Delta

3- Timothy Bowen - Team Guy

4- Jesse Teinaki - Team Delta 

5- Matt Gresham - Team Delta

6- Masha Mnjoyan - Team Kelly

7- Alex Weybury -  Team Kelly

8- Angela Fabian - Team George

9- Johnny Manuel - Team Guy

10- Mark Furze - Team Kelly 

My  absolute top 3: Alex Weybury, Johnny Manuel and Adam Ludewig. Can't pick my 1-3 ranking yet. 

Well the order changed but glad my top 10 made it. I would say my new top 3 are : Timothy, Mark and Stellar. 

listening back im just so confused as to how sapphire lost like what

the way she emoted was so on point and beautiful 

im so like what how did she lose that??? 

• Sad 1

I know COVID has impacted filming for the show, but I really wish they did the semi-finals and final differently. The fact that we don't get a choice in who goes to the grand final is disappointing - e.g. I think it should be Mark, Timothy, Stellar, and either Johnny/Jesse. 

However seeing as each coach gets to take one through, I'm betting Kelly will pick Chris, Guy will choose Tim, George will pick Siala and Delta will pick Stellar

Looking at social media I no longer think Stellar's a shoo-in for the winner - she hasn't got as much public support as I thought she would. 

Also interesting to see who Delta will take to the semi-finals - Clarissa's song choice is perfect however will Delta take an opera singer to the semi-finals over someone like Stellar/Jesse, knowing that an opera singer isn't everyone's cup of tea?

Judging by the promo and Siala's IG story last night (looks like she's living in a hotel because her suitcase is at the back) George really loves her and will take her to the grand final! If we look at who has been given air-time in the promo, I'm guessing the final choices will be Chris Sebastian, Johnny Manuel and Stellar. I'm surprised that Tim has hardly been featured - he has an incredible voice.

9 hours ago, kingtodd said:

Love how you're basically doing your own redux during the season lmao

Pretty much. 😅

1 hour ago, Rach88 said:

Judging by the promo and Siala's IG story last night (looks like she's living in a hotel because her suitcase is at the back) George really loves her and will take her to the grand final! If we look at who has been given air-time in the promo, I'm guessing the final choices will be Chris Sebastian, Johnny Manuel and Stellar. I'm surprised that Tim has hardly been featured - he has an incredible voice.

Little worried too about the lack of Timothy in the promo.... Maybe they're hiding him for the shock factor? I'm honestly gonna be so sad if he goes home, it has been a while since I got invested in a TVAU contestant. Last time was in S5 with Alfie.

Just now, mjdolorico said:

Little worried too about the lack of Timothy in the promo.... Maybe they're hiding him for the shock factor? I'm honestly gonna be so sad if he goes home, it has been a while since I got invested in a TVAU contestant. Last time was in S5 with Alfie.

Agreed - they usually highlight the most 'noteworthy' performances in the promos so maybe Timothy just performs a song which doesn't really showcase his range and therefore isn't included in the promo?

Guy's final contestant is still a bit unclear - Johnny is definitely the front-runner and Tim is more likely to get in the semi-finals and then get eliminated. 

I think we can lock in Stellar and Siala as grand finalists (both noticeably weren't as active on social media yesterday which is when the grand final was filmed). I'm still torn between Mark and Chris, though logically Chris will be Kelly's pick.

Anyone know who the next 'guest mentors' will be - I have a feeling they'll only be needing 1-2 more, seeing as there's only the showdowns before the semi-final and grand final. I know Prinnie Stevens and Rebecca Selley (contestants from last year's season) have been snapped on set but I'm not sure if they're just part of the cast/crew or if they're the guest mentors

Johnny Manuel      

Clarissa Spata        
  Goldi        
  Stellar Perry        

Virginia Lillye        
  Elyse Sene-Lefao        
  Masha Mnjoyan        
  Siala Robson        

Mark Furze        
  Chris Sebastian        
  Despina Savva        
  Lyric McFarland        

this is who is on my team (yes I did copy this from wikipedia cause I dont know some names oops)! 

People seem to really love Johnny! Having a read through social media and looking at the promos, unfortunately I don't think Timothy will be the last man standing on Team Guy.

New article on 9Now tells us about voting:

https://9now.nine.com.au/the-voice/everything-you-need-to-know-about-voting-for-australia-2020/300f8eda-3082-4095-a9ed-309af64813c5#

Basically it confirms that there will be 4 contestants in the grand finale - 1 from each team. We each have 3 votes that can be placed after the semi-finals next Tuesday and continues until every contestant has performed in the Grand Finale on Sunday night. So we were right in thinking that the coaches decide on their top contestant and we are only voting for the winner.

• Thanks 1