idolforums.com
Sign in to follow this  
Teraginn

The Voice Australia Season 9

WAIT, someone here did say that Xy Latu was seen with other contestants who won their battles? Is it possible that Xy was Kelly's save?

Him or Natalie would be an amazing save for Kelly. Wanna have Xy or Nat make Guy regret his decision lmao

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, anonymouskid_35 said:

WAIT, someone here did say that Xy Latu was seen with other contestants who won their battles? Is it possible that Xy was Kelly's save?

Him or Natalie would be an amazing save for Kelly. Wanna have Xy or Nat make Guy regret his decision lmao

Yeah I also remember that! Apparently he was seen with other contestants on social media, so it would make sense. Looking at the eliminated contestants, Xy was the only one who really stood out to me - I think Kelly was shocked that Guy chose Wolf over Xy moreso than Natalie

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, Rach88 said:

Just announced!!!! Caleb and Ella weren't able to continue so George and Kelly both could 'save' an artist. That explains why Elyse is there - any idea who Kelly's save is?

https://9now.nine.com.au/the-voice/artists-ella-monnery-caleb-jago-ward-leave-competition-covid-coronavirus-australia-2020/bb26f684-ef03-4db9-ab3b-b329923e6afc

Oh damn that sucks! At least they are home and healthy, I'm assuming. 

Gonna bet on Xy or Luke Biscan for a save.

I wonder if they would allow Caleb and Ella to return in some capacity next year?

Edited by mjdolorico

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, mjdolorico said:

Oh damn that sucks! At least they are home and healthy, I'm assuming. 

Gonna bet on Xy or Luke Biscan for a save.

I wonder if they would allow Caleb and Ella to return in some capacity next year?

Yep! The article says that they returned home to New Zealand to be with their families so I'm guessing because they're not Australian citizens/NZ borders are shut, they couldn't fly back to film. 

I think Ella is likely to return, judging from these interviews:

"Caleb admitted that as an All Star, he has at least had the chance to experience life on The Voice before, whereas Ella was fresh to the show. "It's hard to be bitter about losing what I've already had the wonderful joy to experience," he explained. "I'm more gutted for Ella, because this was her first go around, and I hope she'll consider coming back for more."

For her part, Ella agreed she's keen to try to return in the future. "I've got unfinished business! I guess getting a taste for what it was like being on the show, I want to finish what I started," she said, adding that she will be "cheering from the sidelines" for the rest of Team Kelly."

https://9now.nine.com.au/the-voice/artists-ella-monnery-caleb-jago-ward-leave-competition-covid-coronavirus-australia-2020/bb26f684-ef03-4db9-ab3b-b329923e6afc

Edited by Rach88
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Randompersonhere said:

Claudia vs janie and matt

That's such a tough one! Love the song choices and I think it could go either way - it's a pity they're matched against each other because I think Delta will give her wildcard to Jesse (considering he's up against Stellar and was knocked out of the comp during this round last year)

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Randompersonhere said:

Claudia vs janie and matt

Not really a fan of either performances based off of those clips... but it does prove that Delta did both Janie and Matt wrong by making them a duo.

If she wastes a save here instead of during Jesse/Stellar I'll be livid.

Edited by Someone648

Posted (edited)

Looks like they're keeping themes...

Singles for tonight:

Johnny Manuel - Forever Young (Alphaville)

Wolf Winters - Dance Monkey (Tones & I)

Graeme Isaako - I'm Kissing You

Clarissa Spata - O Verona / O Fortuna

Masha Mnjoyan - I Have Nothing (Whitney Houston)

Elyse Sene-Lefao - I Have Nothing (Whitney Houston)

Adam Ludewig - Call Out My Name (The Weeknd)

Josh Pywell - Blinding Lights (The Weeknd)

Siala - Fame '90 (David Bowie)

Nathan Isaac -Let's Dance  (David Bowie)

Despina Savva - Bette Davis Eyes (Kim Carnes)

Alex Weybury - Issues (Julia Michaels)

Confirms pairings as:

Guy:

Johnny Manuel vs. Wolf Winters (Theme ????)

Adam Ludewig vs. Josh Pywell (The Weeknd)

Delta:

Graeme Isaako vs. Clarissa Spata (Romeo & Juliet theme I believe?)

George:

Masha Mnjoyan vs. Elyse Sene-Lefao (Whitney Houston/I Have Nothing?)

Siala vs. Nathan Isaac (David Bowie theme)

Kelly:

Despina Savva vs. Alex Weybury (Theme ????)

Edited by Someone648

Posted (edited)

Does anyone have any suspicion of which 2 artists Kelly decides to not take through? I'm thinking Elishia and Lyric. I really hope it's not Despina.

Edited by abraaom1

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, abraaom1 said:

Does anyone have any suspicion of which 2 artists Kelly decides to not take through? I'm thinking Elishia and Lyric. I really hope it's not Despina.

That clip of Despina hugging Kelly makes me think that it's not Despina/Alex.

I have a feeling it could Mark/Bo'Ness, but I think Elishia is the most likely contestant on her team to flop. Maybe she gets paired with whoever she brings back.

Edited by Someone648
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Someone648 said:

That clip of Despina hugging Kelly makes me think that it's Despina/Alex.

I have a feeling it could Mark/Bo'Ness, but I think Elishia is the most likely contestant on her team to flop. Maybe she gets paired with whoever she brings back.

I hope not. Those are two of my favorites

6 hours ago, Someone648 said:

That clip of Despina hugging Kelly makes me think that it's not Despina/Alex.

Don't know how I completely missed the word the first time but I meant I think it's NOT Despina/Alex. smh. My bad lol.

Elishia/TBA is my best guess. 

1 hour ago, Someone648 said:

Don't know how I completely missed the word the first time but I meant I think it's NOT Despina/Alex. smh. My bad lol.

Elishia/TBA is my best guess. 

Lol I thought the same thing. I think it's not them as well.

I hadn't realized that we already know all the pairings, just not some from team Kelly

Team Guy

Johnny vs Wolf

Adam vs Josh Pywell

Timothy vs Matt (In the preview we can see Timothy against a man, so that's it)

Stefanie vs Soma

Team George

Nathan vs Siala

Masha vs Elyse

Virginia vs Sapphire

Roxane vs Angela (left over)

Team Delta

Stellar vs Jesse

Claudia vs Janie and Matt

Graeme vs Clarissa

Steve vs Emmagen

Team Kelly

Alex vs Despina

Bo'ness vs Mark

For the ones not confirmed yet, I'm gonna guess Chris vs Lyric and Elishia vs TBA

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Someone648 said:

Not really a fan of either performances based off of those clips... but it does prove that Delta did both Janie and Matt wrong by making them a duo.

I think Janie & Matt sound nice - I don't think either of them would have won on their own if they had decided not to be a duo anyway.

Stellar's definitely going to be the winner of her battle - to be honest I think Jesse's a bit overrated.

Yes, he's an All-star but when you compare his voice to Timothy/Adam/Johnny's there is a very big difference.

25 minutes ago, searomordep said:

I hadn't realized that we already know all the pairings, just not some from team Kelly

Team Guy

Johnny vs Wolf

Adam vs Josh Pywell

Timothy vs Matt (In the preview we can see Timothy against a man, so that's it)

Stefanie vs Soma

Team George

Nathan vs Siala

Masha vs Elyse

Virginia vs Sapphire

Roxane vs Angela (left over)

Team Delta

Stellar vs Jesse

Claudia vs Janie and Matt

Graeme vs Clarissa

Steve vs Emmagen

Team Kelly

Alex vs Despina

Bo'ness vs Mark

For the ones not confirmed yet, I'm gonna guess Chris vs Lyric and Elishia vs TBA

You're the MVP!! The playoff that Kelly doesn't take through is definitely Elishia vs TBA - my guess is Kelly will bring Xy back.

Looking at the eliminated contestants Kelly was quite shocked that Guy picked Wolf over Xy - a bit sad that whoever Kelly decides to bring back to the competition is kicked out the same round

I doubt that Kelly will let go Xy that quickly if he ever got back. I'm guessing that it'll be Elishia vs. Lyric and Chris vs. Xy??

I highly doubt that Kelly would say "I can't take the both of you" to Xy, considering that Xy's a powerhouse male singer 😂

• Like 1

Okay here's a bit more information:

Showdowns next Sunday and Monday - Top 20 compete for a place in Top 8 (perhaps coaches eliminate 3 contestants each?)

Semi Final next Tuesday - The Top 8 compete for a place in the Grand Finale. Four will go through and four will go home. Plus Guy Sebastian and Daryl Braithwaite perform their new singles.

8 minutes ago, Rach88 said:

Oh my gosh what!!!!??? Looking at the programming schedule for next week, they have 2 episodes of Showdowns airing Sunday and Monday, then the SEMIFINAL is on Tuesday!????? How on earth do they go from Top 20 after the playoffs to the SEMIFINAL after one round???

https://tvblackbox.com.au/guides/2020/07/05/nine-program-schedule-for-week-commencing-july-12-2020/

They are becoming more and more like TVUS every season 😱

• Like 1

So all the contestants flying back home now makes sense - I'm guessing the coaches have to cull their Top 5 to a Top 2 for the semi-finals - Guy will choose Timothy Bowen and Johnny Manuel (Adam's flown back to Adelaide), Delta I'm guessing will choose Stellar but I'm not sure who the 2nd one is. Kelly will definitely pick Chris Sebastian and not sure about George's team though (maybe Siala)?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mjdolorico said:

They are becoming more and more like TVUS every season 😱

Absolutely!! Every season viewers complain that the finals eliminate people too quickly - they go from Top 16 - Top 8 - Top 4.

Now they're eliminating 12 people in one round of the showdowns!! Also makes sense that they're already calling playoffs/showdowns part of the finals. Seeing as their really is no 'finals' apart from the semi-final and grand finale, at least the Top 32 can all call themselves 'finalists'.

OK, Playoffs are starting tonight, so here are my pairings for my fantasy team. Because Caleb Jago-Ward was not able to return, I will be replacing him with one of my original members, Alex Weybury.

Stellar Perry vs. Claudia Harrison

Timothy James Bowen vs. Elyse Sene-Lefao

Alex Weybury vs. Matt Gresham

Johnny Manuel vs. Jesse Teinaki

Let's see how it all shakes up! 😁😁😁