idolforums.com
Sign in to follow this  
Teraginn

The Voice Australia Season 9

PS. Delta's facial expressions in that promo give me life!!!! 😂 She's honestly expressing all the emotions I'm feeling

Also I've been terribly guilty of this, but contestants posting photos together with other contestants over the past 2 weeks is definitely not a sign that they went through to the playoffs!! I swear I've seen Sebastian Coe hanging out with so many contestants (he even posted a photo with Claudia and Adam on his IG story today), however we all now know he didn't make it past the battles.

I've seen on the sneak peek that the one going against Masha is like the lady on the blue dress, so maybe they played a little mix ups on there?

Also, it's Siala vs. Nathan on one of the pairings

• Thanks 1

George 100% SNAPPED this season. Song choices and pairings on point. I think Elyse would've been a better steal than Masha but still pretty decent.

screenshot-2020-06-29-21-39-02-57.jpg

I think that girl's dress behind Masha wears the same as Elyse's so that that means someone from George quitted or something? Oh and also, I think in this round, they will SING THE SAME SONG. Elyse's and Masha's song is both I Have Nothing

• Thanks 1

Guy

Stephanie Cole

Johnny  Manuel 

Wolf winters 

Josh Pywell

Timothy Bowen

Adam Ludewig

soma sutton 

Matt Gresham

delta

Graemo Isaako 

Claudia Harrison 

stellar Perry 

Jesse Teinaki

Matt & Janie

EmmagenRain

clarissa Spata 

Steve Clisby

George 

Virginia lillye 

Siala Robson 

roxane lebrasse 

Caleb Jago-Ward

Angela Fabian

Nathan Issac

Sapphire T

Masha Mnjoyan

kelly 

Alex weybury 

lyric McFarland 

Bo’ness

Chris Sebastian

Mark Furze

Ella Monnery
Elishia Semaan 

Despina Savva 

My ranking of the teams 

George

Delta

Guy

Kelly

49 minutes ago, anonymouskid_35 said:

I think that girl's dress behind Masha wears the same as Elyse's so that that means someone from George quitted or something? Oh and also, I think in this round, they will SING THE SAME SONG. Elyse's and Masha's song is both I Have Nothing

I'm SO happy for Elyse if she comes back, but WHY AGAINST MASHA, they're my two favorites.  I'M SUFFERING A LOT THIS SEASON.

10 minutes ago, CufaFanvoice26 said:

SO happy for Elyse if she comes back, but WHY AGAINST MASHA, they're my two favorites.  I'M SUFFERING A LOT THIS SEASON

Yeah she's probably pretty much a toast, she should've been in Kelly if she really came back as Kelly fits her more :((

• Like 2

Yeah with all that pandemic thing, I think probably someone quitted the show and they called Elyse back, who would that be? And I thought they had confirmed that the artists would sing different songs on the playoffs, but Masha and Elyse are definitely singing the same one.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, searomordep said:

who would that be? 

I hope I'm wrong, but one possibility is Angela maybe? Since she's older than the other contestants on George's team, and well, the older the person, the more affected by the panedmia. Maybe that was a reason to leave the competition. Or maybe it's someone else I don't know.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, anonymouskid_35 said:

Fairly sure it's actually Roxane?

From the promo clip, I could see 

Mark Furze vs Bo'Ness

Siala Robson vs Nathan Isaac 

Clarissa Spata vs Graeme

• Like 1

Also that promo was stressful as hell lol.

What was with (Soma's?) comment about "is your advice genuine?" or whatever lol

54 minutes ago, Someone648 said:

Fairly sure it's actually Roxane?

OOOH YEAH. But why is it that Elyse and Masha have the same song? hmm

• Like 1

Sidenote, can we talk about how Guy failed to get a single one of his contestants stolen this season? His team's truly meh overall this season. Johnny and Adam are the only ones with a shot at going far (even though Wolf is a sentimental favorite of mine). He had to send 7 people home instead of 6 and none got a save. RIP.

Kelly's team feels pretty weak overall, too. Just Chris and a bunch of other middle-tier contestants in my opinion.

Meanwhile Delta and George are STACKED.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Someone648 said:

Sidenote, can we talk about how Guy failed to get a single one of his contestants stolen this season? His team's truly meh overall this season. Johnny and Adam are the only ones with a shot at going far (even though Wolf is a sentimental favorite of mine). He had to send 7 people home instead of 6 and none got a save. RIP.

Kelly's team feels pretty weak overall, too. Just Chris and a bunch of other middle-tier contestants in my opinion.

Meanwhile Delta and George are STACKED.

Yeah, George got a really good saves, and Delta, well, she had a strong team from the start.

But I think they'll push a Guy win or something since this season it focuses so much (I think) on Guy

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Pretty sure Stellar Perry is singing “i love you” by Billie Eilish. Also, I think she might be against Jesse? 💔

• Like 1

Just now, lindsey-grey said:

Pretty sure Stellar Perry is singing “i love you” by Billie Eilish. Also, I think she might be against Jesse? 💔

Man, I really thought so too, it's either Jesse or Matt & Janie. Delta just made a huge mistake on pitting her strong contenders lmao. It'd be sad if Jesse went home early, cause I don't think they will eliminate Stellar that fast.

• Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, anonymouskid_35 said:

Man, I really thought so too, it's either Jesse or Matt & Janie. Delta just made a huge mistake on pitting her strong contenders lmao. It'd be sad if Jesse went home early, cause I don't think they will eliminate Stellar that fast.

I imagine Stellar and Jesse are Delta's top 2 priorities this season - not sure who #3 is but I'd hope for Clarissa or ~by some miracle~ Matt & Janie.

I don't think she'll put them together but I could totally see why?

I'd say Clarissa/Claudia would be a logical pairing but someone above mentioned Clarissa/Graeme, so Claudia seems like a worthy opponent for Stellar instead?

I could then see Jesse/Janie & Matt and Steve/Emmagen (oldest vs. youngest) as the final 2 pairings for her?

Last night of battles alriiiighty:

Adam Ludewig (8) vs. Elyse Sene-Lefao (8) - I'm a fan of both and the battle was nice overall, however I don't know if it's just me, but I feel like neither really brought their A-game with that performance. I wanted to see both go through but at least Elyse is the only person I lost in my top 12 throughout the entire battle round. I preferred Adam just slightly over Elyse here.

Ella Monnery (7.5) vs. Masha Mnjoyan (8) - Exactly zero people expected Kelly to pick Ella and you can't convince me otherwise lol. Decent battle between two big vocalists. Ella stepped up from blinds, but it all sounded so forced from her and it wasn't as pleasant as Masha. I understand Kelly picking Ella to ensure that both of them go through, but like... Ella's not worth it, honestly. One of the only battles this season with which I disagree with the coach's choice, and probably the only one where I don't think that the winner was really even worthy of a steal.

Nathan Isaac (8) vs. Sebastian Coe (7.5) - I can't rank Nathan or Sebastian to the same standard as Ella and Masha because they're simply not really "vocalists." I enjoyed both of them, however. Sebastian did much better than his blind, and while I preferred Nathan's blind, he still stood out as more professional and controlled, so I think Nathan was the rightful winner here. 10/10 song choice from George. He did right by both of them I think.

Mark Furze (8) vs. Emma Mylott (7) - They both sounded fine I suppose, but no contestant sounded more forced than Emma tonight. Kelly made the correct decision here. I liked Mark a little better here than in his blind, but as someone who loves rockers, I just don't know what it is about him that I'm not getting this season.

Timothy James Bowen (7) vs. Luke Biscan (6.5) - Wow that performance did nothing for me... It was embarrassing to see how Guy got so deep into that performance. Neither of them did anything impressive and it just felt bland throughout. Was hoping Timothy would step up from his blind, but he didn't. He did sound better than Luke, however. I don't need Timothy to go to lives at all.

Emmagen Rain (5) vs. Callum Gleeson (4) - Hey, THE IMPORTANT THING is that they all had fun, right? /comment

1. Jesse Teinaki (Delta)

2. Caleb Jago-Ward (George)

3. Clarissa Spata (George Delta)

4. Chris Sebastian (Kelly)

5. Sapphire Tamalemai (Kelly; George)

6. Stellar Perry (Delta)

7. Wolf Winters (Guy)

8. Janie Gordon & Matt Evans (Delta)

9. Steve Clisby (Delta)

10. Adam Ludewig (Guy)

11. Matt Gresham (Delta Guy)

12. Johnny Manuel (Guy - NEW TO TOP 12)

Standby:

13. Siala Robson (George)

14. Despina Savva (George Kelly)

15. Roxane LeBrasse (George)

16. Angela Fabian (George)

17. Lyric McFarland (Kelly)

18. Soma Sutton (Kelly Guy)

19. Josh Pywell (Guy)

20. Bo'Ness (Kelly)

21. Graeme Isaako (Delta)

22. Nathan Isaac (George; up 3 from 26)

23. Virginia Lillye (George)

24. Masha Mnoyan (Kelly; NEWLY ADDED)

25. Alex Weybury (Kelly )

26. Stephanie Cole (Guy)

Removed:

11. Elyse Sene-Lefao (Guy)

So I finished battles only removing 1 member from my top 12 (Elyse) and 2 from my standby (Mason and Xy) so I'm satisfied overall.

I'm gonna be shuffling my results in a day or two once I take some time to relisten and reevaluate my list/how I feel about everyone. I'm definitely gonna cut my standby list down to maybe 4-6 contestants as well.

Playoff predictions

Team Guy

Timothy Bowen vs Adam Ludewig

Josh Pywell vs Matt Gresham

Wolf Winters vs  Soma Sutton

Johnny Manuel vs Stephanie Cole

Team Delta

Stellar Perry vs Jesse Teinaki

Clarissa Spata vs Graeme Issako

Claudia Harrison vs Emmagen Rain

Steve Clisby vs Janie and Matt

Team George

Virginia Lillye vs Caleb Jago Ward

Siala Robinson vs Nathan Issac

Roxane Lebrasse vs Masha Mnjoyan

Sapphire T vs Angela Fabian

Team Kelly

Elishia Semaan vs Despina Savva

Alex Weybury vs Mark Furze

Lyric McFarland vs Chris Sebastian

Bo´Ness vs Ella Monnery

1 hour ago, thevoiceisthetop said:

Playoff predictions

Team Guy

Timothy Bowen vs Adam Ludewig

Josh Pywell vs Matt Gresham

Wolf Winters vs  Soma Sutton

Johnny Manuel vs Stephanie Cole

Team Delta

Team George

Virginia Lillye vs Caleb Jago Ward

Siala Robinson vs Nathan Issac

Roxane Lebrasse vs Masha Mnjoyan

Sapphire T vs Angela Fabian

Team Kelly

Elishia Semaan vs Despina Savva

Alex Weybury vs Mark Furze

Lyric McFarland vs Chris Sebastian

Bo´Ness vs Ella Monnery

I think that's pretty much it, with the exception of the first two on Guy's team. I think it's gonna be Adam vs Josh and Timothy vs Matt.

Posted (edited)

Team Delta

I really hope it's this! We know it's definitely Clarissa vs Graeme, and most likely Stellar vs Jesse/Janie & Matt, but I would really want Stellar, Claudia, Clarissa and both Jesse and Janie & Matt to get through (whoever loses against Stellar should get the wildcard between Jesse and Janie & Matt)

I don't want an Emmagen vs Steve match-up as I think they're probably Delta's weakest contestants 

Edited by Rach88

1 hour ago, thevoiceisthetop said:

Wait do they get any steal or anything in this round

They have a wildcard!! So after the 4 winners of the play-offs are announced, they get to pick one person who lost to come back to the 'showdowns'. The wildcard must be chosen from their own team though.