idolforums.com
Sign in to follow this  
Teraginn

The Voice Australia Season 9

Just now, anonymouskid_35 said:

So Matt and Janie dud became a duo. They surprisingly sound good together, hope they go far ❣️

They did sound really good!! Funny thing is on Matt's IG he did say he's in Perth right now. I'm pretty sure they've just finished filming playoffs and showdowns and haven't started the lives - that would probably mean he's eliminated right considering he's flown back home

1 minute ago, Rach88 said:

They did sound really good!! Funny thing is on Matt's IG he did say he's in Perth right now. I'm pretty sure they've just finished filming playoffs and showdowns and haven't started the lives - that would probably mean he's eliminated right considering he's flown back home

Oh no man, I would love to see more of them in this show :((

2 minutes ago, Rach88 said:

yeah they good together but i prefer janie solo 

3 minutes ago, stilinskies said:

yeah they good together but i prefer janie solo 

Yeah but considering how Matt stepped it up on the battles? I think Delta would've picked Matt, eliminating Janie, which Delta did not want to happened, that's why she picked them up as a duo

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Ugh this duo thing is a mess, they were basically pressured into doing it 😒

I would rather one of them be eliminated tbh

Delta you were doing so good this season, it was too good to be true

Edited by dioko

15 minutes ago, Rach88 said:

I believe everyone is home already, unless they eliminated most frontrunners in the playoffs lol

3 minutes ago, dioko said:

I believe everyone is home already, unless they eliminated most frontrunners in the playoffs lol

I do hope so for it! Making this duo a controversial one won't make sense if Delta would just eliminate them the next round lmao

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, anonymouskid_35 said:

I do hope so for it! Making this duo a controversial one won't make sense if Delta would just eliminate them the next round lmao

That basically always happens when they make duos lmao when Jessie J put the sisters together in season 5 they were out right in the next round, same for Luke and Tannah last season, so I honestly don't know what to expect 😐

This is the best battle episode so far.  I enjoyed most of the performances :thumbs:

16 minutes ago, dioko said:

That basically always happens when they make duos lmao when Jessie J put the sisters together in season 5 they were out right in the next round, same for Luke and Tannah last season, so I honestly don't know what to expect 😐

Oh yeaaah Nada and Jasmine!! You're right, lmao I hope that Janie and Matt goes far this time

54 minutes ago, dioko said:

Ugh this duo thing is a mess, they were basically pressured into doing it 😒

I would rather one of them be eliminated tbh

Delta you were doing so good this season, it was too good to be true

If you look at Matt & Janie's new IG account they have a video which says they had a 20-min discussion and 18 mins were them thinking of saying no.

However, apparently Delta came up to them at the end (wasn't shown on TV) and spoke about why she wanted them to stay. I think it was something to do with Matt & Janie both being young artists and obviously no-one wants to go home this early on (not to mention they sounded great together!).

For the newbies especially, this experience is a huge learning curve so even if they're not singing individually, just progressing further into the competition and having a chance to sing in front of a national audience is probably worth pairing up. They might split and go solo after the competition ends, but maybe the thinking is that going to the finals as a duo is better than one of them leaving after just one round. 

57 minutes ago, dioko said:

Wait how do you know everyone's home already? Hahaha I think I only follow a few contestants so I'm not fully up-to-date. 

It does make sense though - they'll filmed the playoffs and showdowns so they're still a couple weeks in advance (there's 3 episodes of playoffs next week and maybe 2 eps of showdowns the following week)? Considering most of the state's borders are open now, they're probably able to fly in and out freely so they might not be doing live shows until later on.

1 hour ago, anonymouskid_35 said:

Yeah but considering how Matt stepped it up on the battles? I think Delta would've picked Matt, eliminating Janie, which Delta did not want to happened, that's why she picked them up as a duo

Agreed! Janie was the obvious choice seeing as the song was more suited to her voice, but Matt really surprised me with how well he performed (especially when he couldn't even reach the high notes in rehearsals). Personally, I think Delta should have let one of them win and used her save on the other - I love Steve, but he didn't perform well in the battles and the only reason Delta saved him was because she has an emotional connection with him as an All-Star and also being a previous contestant of hers.

Posted (edited)

Guy

Stephanie Cole

Johnny  Manuel 

Wolf winters 

Josh Pywell

soma sutton 

Matt Gresham

delta

Graemo Isaako 

Claudia Harrison 

stellar Perry 

Jesse Teinaki

Matt & Janie

clarissa Spata 

Steve Clisby

George 

Virginia lillye 

Siala Robson 

roxane lebrasse 

Caleb Jago-Ward

Angela Fabian

Sapphire T

kelly 

Alex weybury 

lyric McFarland 

Bo’ness

Chris Sebastian
Elishia Semaan 

Despina Savva 

Edited by thevoiceisthetop

So Delta used her save on Steve after that mess of a battle? ugh I love Steve but that was rough man Jesse did what he could and rightfully won but that save should have been for Janie and Matt ffs Delta 😞

tomorrow is 

Adam Ludewig vs Elyse Seno Leno I predict this will get the save

Timothy Bowen vs Luke Biscan

Emmagen Rain vs Callum Gleeson

Sebastian Coe vs Nathan Issac

Masha Mnjoyan vs Ella Monnery

Emma Mylott and Mark Furze

7 minutes ago, Rach88 said:

Wait how do you know everyone's home already? Hahaha I think I only follow a few contestants so I'm not fully up-to-date. 

It does make sense though - they'll filmed the playoffs and showdowns so they're still a couple weeks in advance (there's 3 episodes of playoffs next week and maybe 2 eps of showdowns the following week)? Considering most of the state's borders are open now, they're probably able to fly in and out freely so they might not be doing live shows until later on.

I checked everyone to see if they were still taping something but looks like they all flew back home already ig Stellar, Jesse, Chris and some others.

11 minutes ago, dioko said:

I checked everyone to see if they were still taping something but looks like they all flew back home already ig Stellar, Jesse, Chris and some others.

Ahh makes sense 👍 Seeing as the interstate contestants are staying in a hotel it probably makes sense to fly them back in later when they record the finals instead of letting them stay in Sydney for 2-3 weeks. Also makes sense spoiler-wise: I've seen groups of them taking photos with fans/paps over the past week which sorta spoiled the battles (though most we could have guessed already).  

21 minutes ago, thevoiceisthetop said:

tomorrow is 

Adam Ludewig vs Elyse Seno Leno I predict this will get the save

Timothy Bowen vs Luke Biscan

Emmagen Rain vs Callum Gleeson

Sebastian Coe vs Nathan Issac

Masha Mnjoyan vs Ella Monnery

Emma Mylott and Mark Furze

Anyone wanna take a guess at who the 'fan-favourite/s' will be sent home tomorrow? I can definitely see Adam, Tim, Emmagen, Masha and Mark all getting through - not too sure about Sebastian vs Nathan (I have seen Sebastian with other contestants over the past week so I'm sensing he gets through). I can't seem to think who the fan-favourite will be

24 minutes ago, dioko said:

This sounds weird but I can't seem to find anything on their social media to point out that they're back home? I think Chris Sebastian lives in Sydney doesn't he?

Though Matt did delete his story about being 2 hrs behind because he's in Perth. You could definitely be right about everyone flying back home though.

43 minutes ago, thevoiceisthetop said:

Matt Evans 

Guy's other steal was actually Matt Gresham, not Evans

Delta should've paired her people differently, this is a mess. Her team would've been much stronger if Matt and Janie advanced separately

Anyone have the promo for the playoffs they aired at the end? The promo at the end of the 9Now episode only shows teasers for tomorrow's battles, but doesn't show the playoffs and what's happening with the virtual coaches on the chairs

7 minutes ago, Rach88 said:

Anyone have the promo for the playoffs they aired at the end? The promo at the end of the 9Now episode only shows teasers for tomorrow's battles, but doesn't show the playoffs and what's happening with the virtual coaches on the chairs

They just showed the typical one, the one that both Kelly and George on a huge screen on their red chairs, Kelly "hugging" Despina, Kelly saying "I did not expect that from you" with Delta standing by her side. And the two big boxes that I think where contestants will be while other paired contestant to them is singing?

honestly how do they offer a battle pair to become a duo almost every year and pretend like its a new concept every time lmao

• Like 1
  • Haha 1