idolforums.com
Sign in to follow this  
Teraginn

The Voice Australia Season 9

20 minutes ago, Rach88 said:

there's no-one I've seen so far from George and Kelly's teams that really stands out yet. 

Yeah I mean, in the battles so far, Kelly's started pretty weak. But I do think she's got some good assets too! Like Chris, Sapphire, Mark, etc. but here's hoping she picked the good songs. As for George, he's really good at picking song choices, he's got Caleb and Angela, however I really don't think they're strong enough to get votes, IDK 😂

• Thanks 1

Do you guys know any site to watch full episodes of last night's show? Except for 9now, since it needs app to play replays.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, anonymouskid_35 said:

Yeah I mean, in the battles so far, Kelly's started pretty weak. But I do think she's got some good assets too! Like Chris, Sapphire, Mark, etc. but here's hoping she picked the good songs. As for George, he's really good at picking song choices, he's got Caleb and Angela, however I really don't think they're strong enough to get votes, IDK 😂

You're right - I completely forgot about Chris! Kelly's pitted Chris against Sapphire so that's gonna be hard! No doubt Chris will get through - but Kelly's used up all her saves and I don't think Delta or George would save Sapphire.

It'll be interesting to see how Chris goes - he'll definitely get through to the finals. I think the fact that his brother's a coach will be more of a hindrance when the public starts voting, so I think he has an okay chance of going to the grand finale but definitely won't win.

You're absolutely right about George - I think both Delta and George usually don't have the 'strongest' teams after the blinds but they certainly know how to pick song choices that let their artists' shine. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Looking at the description for next Sunday's battle episode: 

'The Battles continue with another Coach breaking the rules that causes chaos for two Voice favourites'

I think Delta asks if Matt and Janie want to become a duo - but looking at their styles it doesn't really click to me. Maybe after viewing the battle it'll be clearer? But it's definitely a bit weird to me. 

Edited by Rach88

5 minutes ago, Rach88 said:

Looking at the description for next Sunday's battle episode: 

'The Battles continue with another Coach breaking the rules that causes chaos for two Voice favourites'

I think Delta asks if Matt and Janie want to become a duo - but looking at their styles it doesn't really click to me. Maybe after viewing the battle it'll be clearer? But it's definitely a bit weird to me. 

I think it's more likely Jesse vs. Steve. She has a history with both and obviously has a hard decision. Maybe she uses her second save early in the episode and doesn't want to let the other one go?

• Like 1

I've heard from someone who was at the taping that she asks a battle to become a duo - but I'm not clear if they agreed or said no. 

Do you think Jesse and Steve? I don't think Delta would ask them to form a duo, seeing as they're so different and don't really match the 'boy band' look like Bo'Ness does.

That pair seems even more unlikely than Janie and Matt - unless it's possibly Emmagen and Callum? 

None of those battle pairings really scream out 'form a duo' to me, so it's strange that she's asked that of the contestants. I understood last year with the husband and wife duo auditioning separately and then later on being asked to be a duo, but I'm a little bit confused about this decision.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, anonymouskid_35 said:

Yeah, I got the chance to talk to Mason, and he told all of the happenings that were showed in the tv, is what really happened in the show. He said that he just wanted to explain that he can be what they want him to be, and others took it just bad and made him sound like rude, when in fact, Guy's should be the one to blame.

I am reading the comments on FB, and I gotta say, Guy's a favorite of them, they're defending him continuously 😂

What the f?

Anyone with two functioning brain cells could tell Mason wasn't rude but Guy just wanted attention and was rude. Horrible coach. Cheater. Arrogant and terrible arrangements and song choices for his artists. 

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, Rach88 said:

Do you think Jesse and Steve? 

That would be hella weird 😂 a band consisting of 20+ and 60+ is not good looking at all 😂. I really think it's either Delta wants Janie and Matt to be a duo (they might surprise us, they might match) or Delta wants to take both Steve and Jesse. Emmagen and Callum, I really don't think both of them would be advancing, as for me neither of them should have been in the first place 😂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, anonymouskid_35 said:

I really think it's either Delta wants Janie and Matt to be a duo (they might surprise us, they might match) or Delta wants to take both Steve and Jesse.

From what I've heard, Delta is definitely talking about forming a duo rather than just taking both contestants through separately. I can see there might be potential for Janie and Matt, but it still feels awfully weird to me!

I guess it shouldn't be such a surprise though - X Factor has successfully formed bands like One Direction and Little Mix by putting strangers together. I think we're just not used to it because usually there's some kind of connection - Jess & Matt and Luke & Tannah being husband and wife.

• Thanks 1

Thought it would be interesting to note that the coaches who were blocked from getting contestants are saving them:

Clarissa the opera singer was on George's team after he blocked Delta from pitching in the blinds. Now, Delta's got Clarissa on her team!

Delta blocked Guy from getting Matt Gresham and now he's on Guy's team

25 minutes ago, Rach88 said:

Thought it would be interesting to note that the coaches who were blocked from getting contestants are saving them:

Clarissa the opera singer was on George's team after he blocked Delta from pitching in the blinds. Now, Delta's got Clarissa on her team!

Delta blocked Guy from getting Matt Gresham and now he's on Guy's team

How I wish the same scenario happened in Kelly and Johnny. I just can't get over how they would be a perfect pairing ☹️

So the people who confirmed their battle day on social media so far:

Sunday

Matt vs. Janie 

Jesse vs. Steve

Josh vs. Jimi

Sebastian vs. Nathan

Monday

Adam vs. Elyse

Timothy vs. Luke

Mark vs. Emma

Emmagen vs. Callum

• Thanks 2

So some people said that the twist could be that Delta wanted to save both artists since she still has one save, but that makes no sense to me. At least, it wouldn't be fair to the other coaches - especially George, who tried to keep both Virginia and Clarissa and Siala and Despina, but didn't get to.

And I really hope she doesn't try making a duo. I mean, they try to do that every freaking season and they still have to talk to the producers anyway? Lol.

2 hours ago, abraaom1 said:

So some people said that the twist could be that Delta wanted to save both artists since she still has one save, but that makes no sense to me. At least, it wouldn't be fair to the other coaches - especially George, who tried to keep both Virginia and Clarissa and Siala and Despina, but didn't get to.

And I really hope she doesn't try making a duo. I mean, they try to do that every freaking season and they still have to talk to the producers anyway? Lol.

It could be it, many version been offering the save your own team

After letting a coach do it, a few seasons back, La Voix Quebec is doing something different with their current season - the coach can save their own act but other coaches can try to steal the act. If that's the case, the contestant decides who to go with - original coach or new coach. if their contestant goes to another team then they lose their ability to save someone from their team but it turns into an extra save. 

Posted (edited)

It is indeed CONFIRMED that the twist they're talking about is on Janie vs. Matt battle so maybe a duo or something?

And also they've shown a clip in The Showdown round and gosh it is so beautiful, it's like there is a huge screen showing the audiences then Kelly and George is on a virtual HUGE screen attached to their chairs

Edited by anonymouskid_35
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, *Chris said:

It could be it, many version been offering the save your own team

After letting a coach do it, a few seasons back, La Voix Quebec is doing something different with their current season - the coach can save their own act but other coaches can try to steal the act. If that's the case, the contestant decides who to go with - original coach or new coach. if their contestant goes to another team then they lose their ability to save someone from their team but it turns into an extra save. 

But they can already. They can save their artists by simply pressing their buzzer when the time for the saves come, but with that comes the risk that another coach is going to try to steal the artist for themselves. That's what happened with Despina and Clarissa. George wanted to keep them but other coaches stepped in to steal them to their own teams. So I think if Delta gets to keep both artists without the risk of losing one of them it's going to be really unfair.

• Like 1

Matt vs. Janie 

Jesse vs. Steve

Josh vs. Jimi

Sebastian vs. Nathan

Jonathon vs Angela

Sapphire vs Chris

Monday

Adam vs. Elyse

Timothy vs. Luke

Mark vs. Emma

Emmagen vs. Callum

Caleb vs Andy

Masha vs Ella

29 minutes ago, thevoiceisthetop said:

Matt vs. Janie 

Jesse vs. Steve

Sapphire vs Chris

Hoping we get all 6 of these going through via saves!

18 minutes ago, Someone648 said:

Hoping we get all 6 of these going through via saves!

what are the chances they show all the remaining saves in only one episode tho 😭

Masha and Ella are singing Respect by Aretha, Masha the queen of them super overdone songs ✊🏼

And the sets for the playoffs are looking great!

1 hour ago, dioko said:

what are the chances they show all the remaining saves in only one episode tho 😭

Not too likely, but TVAu has been pretty spread out with their saves/steals in the past. Sometimes there's only one left by the final episode - and I believe they're a lot more faithful to the order of the battles' tapings because I don't think there's been a season where the final battle was aired with a steal still available.

It'd be a first for Australia, but I'm fairly sure this has happened in Holland/Germany/UK or other versions

• Like 1

3 hours ago, thevoiceisthetop said:

Matt vs. Janie 

Jesse vs. Steve

Josh vs. Jimi

Sebastian vs. Nathan

Jonathon vs Angela

Sapphire vs Chris

Monday

Adam vs. Elyse

Timothy vs. Luke

Mark vs. Emma

Emmagen vs. Callum

Caleb vs Andy

Masha vs Ella

Jonathan vs Sebastian is on Monday and Caleb vs Andy on Sunday

4 hours ago, dioko said:

Masha and Ella are singing Respect by Aretha, Masha the queen of them super overdone songs ✊🏼

And the sets for the playoffs are looking great!

Also looks like Adam vs. Elyse is Wrecking Ball

Also, I actually really like the setup, especially since they were able to keep George and Kelly's presence rather prominent.

With the giant audience screen behind the coaches, I wouldn't mind them incorporating that into the next season here in the US.