idolforums.com
Sign in to follow this  
Teraginn

The Voice Australia Season 9

22 minutes ago, Rach88 said:

Kelly and Delta were allowed to state their opinions and then move on, but Guy just felt the need to fight back

Funny thing is the comments on facebook are still annoyed by Kelly and Delta because they were "disrespectful" lol seriously??? Isn't Guy more disrespectful on Bukhu? He joined a SINGING competition, and he turned just because he was UNIQUE? The hell are you saying Mr. Sebastian?!

Both artists doesn't deserve Guy Sebastian, he shouldn't have pitched for Bukhu if he only wants his uniqueness.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, anonymouskid_35 said:

Funny thing is the comments on facebook are still annoyed by Kelly and Delta because they were "disrespectful" lol seriously??? Isn't Guy more disrespectful on Bukhu? He joined a SINGING competition, and he turned just because he was UNIQUE? The hell are you saying Mr. Sebastian?!

Both artists doesn't deserve Guy Sebastian, he shouldn't have pitched for Bukhu if he only wants his uniqueness.

It's actually quite funny - I haven't looked at Facebook yet but Twitter is absolutely siding with Kelly and Delta. Guy's also tweeted out an apology of sorts - saying he should have copped it on the chin instead of dragging it out.

This episode makes me hate battle round in the voice even more. Honestly, just get rid of it and go straight to the knockouts :rolleyes:

FYI, all the performances from this episode are available on spotify. 

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Archanium said:

This episode makes me hate battle round in the voice even more. Honestly, just get rid of it and go straight to the knockouts :rolleyes:

FYI, all the performances from this episode are available on spotify. 

Honestly, like the premiere of the blinds, this battle premier is really underwhelming. I was so hyped waiting for it and then.. that is all?

Johnny killed it tonight however given the circumstances with him and Bukhu, I really can't say that was enjoyable because all through out, I was waiting for Bukhu to shine. Virginia surprised me the most but glad Clarissa was on Team Delta now. Lyric and Alex were kinda underwhelming. Stephanie and Kirby's battle was technically the best out of all tonight, but it was just too much for me

Edited by anonymouskid_35
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, anonymouskid_35 said:

Honestly, like the premiere of the blinds, this battle premier is really underwhelming. I was so hyped waiting for it and then.. that is all?

Johnny killed it tonight however given the circumstances with him and Bukhu, I really can't say that was enjoyable because all through out, I was waiting for Bukhu to shine.

Agreed - Johnny was fantastic but I kept waiting for Bukhu's moment to shine. Then when the song ended I couldn't help thinking 'oh... that's it?' It really did feel like he was a backing singer

Battles Part 1

Team George - Virginia Lillye vs Clarissa Spata - Call Me by Blondie - Winner: Virginia  Delta and George Save Clarrisa: Picks Team Delta

Team Delta - Elishia Semann vs Graeme Issako - Dirrty by Christina Aguilera - Winner: Graeme and Kelly saves Elishia

Team Kelly - Mason Lloyd vs Alex Weybury - Simply (The Best) by Tina Turner - Winner: Alex  No save for Mason

Team Guy -  Kirby Burgress vs Stephanie Cole - Scared To Be Lonely by Martin Garrix ft Dua Lipa - Winner: Stephanie  No save for Kirby

Team Kelly - Lyric McFarland vs Soma Sutton - Rehab by Amy Winehouse - Winner: Lyric  Guy saves Soma

Team Guy - Bukhu Gangburged vs Johnny Manuel - Earth Song by Michael Jackson 

Team Guy

Stephanie Cole

Soma Sutton

Team Delta

Graeme Issako

Clarrisa Spata

Team Kelly

Alex Weybury

Lyric McFarland

Elishia Semann

Team George

Virginia Lillye

I didn't expect to like Virginia vs. Clarissa as much as I did but I loved it! I would give it to Clarissa personally. Stephanie was better than I remember, didn't really care for the others tbh.

And I totally stand with Kelly and Delta on this one, I already disliked Guy but not being able to listen to the other's criticism here was just plain disrespectul, poor Bukhu.

Also, from the episode intro we could see for a moment another pairing for Kelly, Chris vs. Sapphire.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, dioko said:

Chris vs. Sapphire

Oh freakin' NOOOOOO. I love them both, I hope there's a save coming ☹️

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

And they also confirmed for tomorrow's night two other battles:

Siala vs Despina

Claudia vs Maddy

I'm happy cause I was scared Delta would do Claudia vs Janie. I hope Claudia get through

And about tonight, I don't even wanna comment cause I don't wanna get angry remembering how unfair it was to Bukhu. And I don't even like his singing, but it was shameful, I was sad for him, and I think he was too and wasn't able to speak it up.

Edited by searomordep
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'm not following too closely but they've really been giving Guy the villain edit this season. How is he okay with that? The Wolf thing was a painfully obvious set up. Also he didn't help with the pairing, arrangement of Johnny vs Bukhu battle and fighting with Kelly and Delta so much. They must be paying him extra for all this

Posted (edited)

Songs for tonight:

Siala Robson vs. Despina Savva - Teenage Fantasy (Jorja Smith)

Stellar Perry vs. Matt Gresham - Slide Away (Miley Cyrus)

Claudia Harrison vs. Maddy Thomas - Dreams (TBA - can’t hear the preview)

Natalie Gauci vs. Wolf Winters vs. Xy Latu - Old Town Road (I really wish I was joking)

Roxane Lebrasse vs. Ricky Muscat - Queen of the Night

Charlie McFarlanevs. Bo’Ness - Circles (Post Malone)

https://ototoy.jp/_/default/a/781307

Edited by Someone648
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 4

24 minutes ago, Someone648 said:

Songs for tonight:

Siala Robson vs. Despina Savva - Teenage Fantasy (Jorja Smith)

Stellar Perry vs. Matt Gresham - Slide Away (Miley Cyrus)

Claudia Harrison vs. Maddy Thomas - Dreams (TBA - can’t hear the preview)

Natalie Gauci vs. Wolf Winters vs. Xy Latu - Old Town Road (I really wish I was joking)

Roxane Lebrasse vs. Ricky Muscat - Queen of the Night

Charlie McFarlanevs. Bo’Ness - Circles (Post Malone)

https://ototoy.jp/_/default/a/781307

Lol if Natalie, Wolf, and Xy's song choice is true then I really don't know what Guy is doing on his team 😂

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Someone648 said:

LMAOOO okay I was giving Guy the benefit of the doubt this season but he's officially still trash 💩

Edited by dioko
  • Like 2

Battles 1 commentary, bolded are my choice to win, italic for saves. Not a great premiere, but there are a couple of stand-outs for me. 

1. Graeme vs Elishia: The best of the night for me, and I wasn't a fan of either of their auditions. Poor Elishia got drowned out by the background vocals at times, but she still brought it. That dance break was such a joy to watch that I'm willing to cut them some slacks for their vocals. Glad they're both still in but I would have had Elishia win instead.

2. Clarissa vs Virginia: An unexpectedly good battle! Though I gotta say the song was heavily skewed towards Virginia, as Clarissa sounds like she was vocalizing the same thing over and over again. Still, Virginia was the biggest surprise of the night for me. Thank god that Clarissa had the chance to jump ship to Delta lol; George did her so dirty.

3. Soma vs Lyric: I guess this is fine? I don't mind Soma's tone as much in this song, but she comes off very stiff and tentative. At least Lyric appears to put effort into her performance, but still I'm not impressed by either of them. A wasted save in my opinion.

4. Stephanie vs Kirby: I find Kirby's theatrics and stage movements a bit distracting and incongruous with the song. And that strained note is a big yikes. Stephanie is better here than her audition though (still a lcouple of yelly spots), so she kinda takes this one by default.

5. Alex vs Mason: Another ok-ish performance. I still don't get the hype for Alex; there's nothing about him that stands out to me as exciting. Mason's voice also has this nasal quality that I'm not really interested in. All things said, my biggest gripe with this battle is how they managed to sap all the energy out of a freaking Tina Turner hit.

6. Bukhu vs Johnny: Did Bukhu even sing in this..? This feels like a Johnny solo. I feel like if Kelly had been their coach, she would have found a way to combine their singing styles way more than this (think Sam Perry and that rapper guy last year - their battles were different and unexpected and great). Guy doesn't even seem like he tried; this performance is like mixing oil with water. Not to discredit Johnny who did amazing, but damn this left a bad taste in my mouth. I don't feel comfortable picking a winner because one got screwed over by their coach so much.

To sum up: Guy is a terrible coach and the background singers need to chill.

• Like 3

This just gave me more of a reason to dislike Guy, I mean I didn't like him in the first place but this sealed the deal. 

• Like 1

So Delta posted a picture with her team on instagram and tagged everyone... except Callum LMAO

I honestly don’t understand why Bukhu is on this show. What he’s doing isn’t captivating and he seems like someone that would have a viral AGT audition but would be sent home during judges cuts because it’s no longer interesting a second time around. I just don’t see the voice being a place for him to do his thing. I do agree though that it wasn’t fair for him to barely even sing, but I wasn’t impressed by what we did hear.

Thoughts on George this season?

His team seemed Pretty balanced coming out of blinds, and the unexpected Virginia/Clarissa battle was great in my opinion. Definitely a smart battle on George’s part.

Siala was another one I was concerned about, but I think her song with Despina (despite not having heard their version yet) is a smart decision as well for the 2 artists that don’t seem to have much in common besides their age group.

They toned George down a bit this season - still the obvious CEO of sass and snark, but it’s much more under control. 

Posted (edited)

I really have a gut feel that Guy will make Johnny the winner then will save Bukhu OR George will grab Bukhu. It's just either of the two, I really can't see the girls getting Bukhu.

But honestly, Bukhu would have been in good hands if he picked Delta. Delta had worked with traditional artists before, she may know something to do with Bukhu or something

Edited by anonymouskid_35
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

George: Siala Robson vs. Despina Savva - Teenage Fantasy (Jorja Smith)

Delta Stellar Perry vs. Matt Gresham - Slide Away (Miley Cyrus)

Delta Claudia Harrison vs. Maddy Thomas - Dreams (TBA - can’t hear the preview)

Guy Natalie Gauci vs. Wolf Winters vs. Xy Latu - Old Town Road (I really wish I was joking)

George Roxane Lebrasse vs. Ricky Muscat - Queen of the Night

Kelly Charlie McFarlanevs. Bo’Ness - Circles (Post Malone)

Team Guy left overs for next week

Adam Ludewig vs Elyse Seno 

Josh Pywell vs Jimi The Kween 

Timothy Bowen vs Luke Biscan

Team Delta

Janie Gordon vs Emmagen Rain

Jesse Teinaki vs Steve Clisby

Matt Evans vs Callum Gleeson

Team George

Sebastian Coe vs Nathan Issac

Caleb Jago Ward vs Jonathon Welch 

Angela Fabian vs Andy Dexterity

Team Kelly

Chris Sebastian vs Sapphire T

Ella Monnery vs Mark Furze

Masha Mnjoyan vs Emma Mylott

• Like 2

9 hours ago, searomordep said:

I'm happy cause I was scared Delta would do Claudia vs Janie. I hope Claudia get through

And about tonight, I don't even wanna comment cause I don't wanna get angry remembering how unfair it was to Bukhu. And I don't even like his singing, but it was shameful, I was sad for him, and I think he was too and wasn't able to speak it up.

Oh my gosh me too!!! They both look/sound similar so I was so scared they would be paired up together. I reckon if they both get through they'll be competing against each other in the playoffs though. I wonder who Janie will compete against then - maybe Emmagen?

Yeah that was quite unfair - you could also see that he did feel a bit torn up when Darren asked Bukhu if he thought the battle was unfair. He stuttered for a bit and then said 'Honestly... I don't know'.

9 hours ago, antikid said:

I'm not following too closely but they've really been giving Guy the villain edit this season. How is he okay with that? The Wolf thing was a painfully obvious set up. Also he didn't help with the pairing, arrangement of Johnny vs Bukhu battle and fighting with Kelly and Delta so much. They must be paying him extra for all this

I would actually say Kelly was portrayed to be the villain this time - the promos showed her walking off while Guy was saying 'this is so disrespectful'

I can't comment about the Wolf extra contestant situation - I don't think producers would have deliberately 'set him up' for that and nudgd him to turn around when his team was already full. I think that was definitely Guy's decision to turn around for Wolf