idolforums.com
Sign in to follow this  
Teraginn

The Voice Australia Season 9

Just now, anonymouskid_35 said:

So.. based on the website of 9Now. Here is the flow of The Voice Australia 2020:

Blind Auditions

Battle Rounds

Live Playoffs

Showdowns

Finals

Grand Finals

And also, here is a heads up on the mechanics of the saves of coaches in The Battles and the next one is how the Live Playoffs will go.

FOR THE BATTLES

"The Coaches each have two Saves they can use throughout the entire Battle rounds — but they must use the Save directly after the artists perform (they can't hold onto them and decide at the end of all the Battles, essentially). They can use their Saves on their own artists, or for those who were on other teams originally."

FOR THE PLAY OFFS

"The next round of The Voice is The Play-Offs, where each Coach pairs their artists into four groups of two.

This time around, the duos sing a different song each, showing off their skills. The Coach selects a winner and the unsuccessful artists have to wait until the end of Play-Offs to learn who will score the coveted Wildcards.

The Coaches have one Wildcard each and they can only be used to save an artist from their own team.

At the end of Play-Offs, each team has five artists, with a total of 20 artists left in the competition."

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, anonymouskid_35 said:

So if showdown is not for the wildcards, then what the heck is it 😂

The format is definitely strange isn't it! I also thought the Showdowns would be for wildcards but looking at the description it doesn't seem like it.

Maybe it's similar to the first part of the finals last year where contestants each sing a song and then each coach has to eliminate 1 person from their team.

I remember they got a lot of cr*p last year about this because the finals used to be live and it was all dependent on public voting.

Perhaps they've called it showdowns so that it's the last part where coaches have a say before the Top 16 are eliminated via public votes?

Also was anyone in the audience for the battles and want to spoil what happens with Johnny and Bukhu's battle?

From watching promo about it, it seems Delta says the song choice didn't seem fair (maybe it leaned more to Bukhu's style?) and then Kelly says it's okay to break the rules if that means everyone can do the same thing.

Guy seems to take offence to that and then Kelly walks off.

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/entertainment/kelly-storms-off-the-set-of-the-voice/video/3f1fe6dc5a45cadd0c6a0d992303d0bc

34 minutes ago, anonymouskid_35 said:

So if showdown is not for the wildcards, then what the heck is it 😂

At the end of the playoffs each team will still have 5 artists. In the showdowns probably the coaches will have to down their teams to 4 or 3, so the live shows will be with a top 16 or 12.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, searomordep said:

At the end of the playoffs each team will still have 5 artists. In the showdowns probably the coaches will have to down their teams to 4 or 3, so the live shows will be with a top 16 or 12.

Ahaha that's exactly what I thought! Viewers were complaining last year that the first 2 episodes of the 'live finals' were still the coaches choices and not public voting. By adding the 'showdowns' before the finals it makes sense that it's the last section that coaches choose to eliminate contestants before the finals. 

1 hour ago, searomordep said:

Well I wonder why they do call it Showdown, there must be something new about it

So TVAU's Live Playoffs is essentially a live version of TVUS's Knockouts, but the saves are left off till the end. I like that twist, honestly.

I also like that the 2 saves for the Battles are not limited to their own teams.

2 hours ago, Rach88 said:

The format is definitely strange isn't it! I also thought the Showdowns would be for wildcards but looking at the description it doesn't seem like it.

Maybe it's similar to the first part of the finals last year where contestants each sing a song and then each coach has to eliminate 1 person from their team.

I remember they got a lot of cr*p last year about this because the finals used to be live and it was all dependent on public voting.

Perhaps they've called it showdowns so that it's the last part where coaches have a say before the Top 16 are eliminated via public votes?

As long as it is not a copy of TVUS's live cross Knockouts from S16, I'm good.

2 minutes ago, mjdolorico said:

So TVAU's Live Playoffs is essentially a live version of TVUS's Knockouts, but the saves are left off till the end. I like that twist, honestly.

I also like that the 2 saves for the Battles are not limited to their own teams.

It's  quite funny that they've really just swapped the 2 rounds this year with the same numbes of saves/steals and wildcards

Last year it was:

Knockouts (48 contestants): 3 contestants -> 1 winner, sing songs from a theme (e.g. Grease, Ariana Grande), each coach gets 2 saves/steals

Battles (24 contestants):       2 contestants, same song, each coach can pick a wildcard from their own team

This year it's:

Battles (48 contestants):       2 contestants -> 1 winner, sing the same song, each coach gets 2 saves/steals

Playoffs (32 contestants):     2 contestants, own song, each coach can pick a wildcard from their own team

One advantage this season is the contestants don't get eliminated as quickly - instead of 3 in a knockout it's now 2 in the battles

They've also expanded the number of episodes so there are 4 episodes of Battles this season (I guess 6 battles per episode)

• Like 1

They showed a snippet of Stellar vs Matt even though they're not on tonight. They are singing Slide Away by Miley Cyrus and they sounded fantastic! 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, mjdolorico said:

They showed a snippet of Stellar vs Matt even though they're not on tonight. They are singing Slide Away by Miley Cyrus and they sounded fantastic! 

Such a tough one!! Both of them are outstanding - but there's no way Delta is letting go of Stellar Perry! She's extremely versatile and her range is out-of-this-world. 

Matt's so good as well - will he get a save/steal? Maybe Guy could steal him?

• Like 1

Just now, Rach88 said:

Such a tough one!! Both of them are outstanding - but there's no way Delta is letting go of Stellar Perry! She's extremely versatile and her range is out-of-this-world. 

Matt's so good as well - will he get a save/steal? Maybe Guy could steal him?

Definitely a candidate for the save bases on the snippet alone.

Guy already has Timothy (my fave out of the male singer/songwriters) and Kelly already has Alex,  maybe George could scoop him up?

1 minute ago, mjdolorico said:

Definitely a candidate for the save bases on the snippet alone.

Guy already has Timothy (my fave out of the male singer/songwriters) and Kelly already has Alex,  maybe George could scoop him up?

I agree, he definitely deserves to stay longer in the competition - unless Guy is willing to save his friend I think Delta is the only one who may 'save' him.

Kelly and Guy have similar people, and I don't think George would be looking to steal someone like Tim.

Perhaps Delta could save, but she'll be eyeing up other coaches' contestants as well. From memory, last year she stole Jesse Teinaki off Guy and then saved Daniel Shaw from her own team.

• Like 1

They showed Alex vs. Mason's battle preview and they've got really interesting song, Simply the Best.

Also, I DM-ed Mason, and gosh he's so nice 😂

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, anonymouskid_35 said:

They showed Alex vs. Mason's battle preview and they've got really interesting song, Simply the Best.

Also, I DM-ed Mason, and gosh he's so nice 😂

I am here for that song getting coverage on these shows! 

The preview was fine, hoping the whole thing wows us later tonight! 

Also, yay for you and Mason! Always fun when artists interact on social media! 

Edited by mjdolorico
  • Like 1

Man, IDK but after 2 battles, I'm so underwhelmed so far, I think I expected much more. 

First battle's song choice heavily favored Virginia lol. Second battle was a lil pitchy at some points. Hoping for it to be better as tonight's episodes go

I wouldn’t have bet on Dirrty being a song choice for battles on any version of the show but I approve lol

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, mjdolorico said:

I am here for that song getting coverage on these shows! 

David & Patrick! ❤️

• Like 1

I'm sorry but why did Kelly stole.. her? It means that Kelly and Johnny working together won't be a thing anymore ugh (well she still have one but wouldn't bet that they'd use right away her two saves)

1 minute ago, anonymouskid_35 said:

I'm sorry but why did Kelly stole.. her? It means that Kelly and Johnny working together won't be a thing anymore ugh (well she still have one but wouldn't bet that they'd use right away her two saves)

yes kelly stole elishia

1 minute ago, stilinskies said:

yes kelly stole elishia

I don't think she's deserving though.. no hate, but I love her girl group (Beatz)

LOL I totally hate Guy right now. His song choice did not make sense at all! Even though I personally don't like Bukhu, that was totally unfair for him to put in a position like that, he's just like part of the band backing up Johnny. WTF Guy seriously?

• Like 1

Just now, anonymouskid_35 said:

LOL I totally hate Guy right now. His song choice did not make sense at all! Even though I personally don't like Bukhu, that was totally unfair for him to put in a position like that, he's just like part of the band backing up Johnny. WTF Guy seriously?

ya it's total unfair poor bukhu just be back up singer for johnny

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, anonymouskid_35 said:

That was really poor of him - but the thing I'm more annoyed about is the way he kept carrying on trying to defend himself. When Guy criticised Kelly's song choice for Soma and Lyric, she responded to him once and then copped it on the chin. Kelly and Delta were allowed to state their opinions and then move on, but Guy just felt the need to fight back and it only made him look worse. Did Guy really say that he turned around for Bukhu not because of his voice but his instrument and 'uniqueness'?